Video: Scozzafava accepts Margaret Sanger Award

posted at 11:38 am on October 26, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

How much of a “Reagan Republican” is Dede Scozzafava, running as the endorsed Republican candidate in the NY23 special Congressional election? Maybe Newt Gingrich should have done a little more research before jumping into this race with both feet — or better yet, that’s what the county GOP officials who put their heads together to come up with Scozzafava in the first place should have done. It’s one thing to be pro-choice out of a sense of libertarianism, but another entirely to be a Margaret Sanger acolyte … and March 2008 award winner:

As Kathryn Jean Lopez says, Congress hardly needs another Sanger fan. After the Mona Lisa Project exposed so many of these Planned Parenthood offices as lawbreakers and exploiters of potentially abused young girls for profit, this connection should have been a red flag to the GOP.

Update: This got covered by Michelle last week, and by Madison Conservative in our Green Room.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Then stay off abortion topics, you idiot. Abortion is murder and Sanger wanted to rid the world of what she considered imperfect people.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Oops, that was for AnninCA.
If a candidate wins an award named for a eugenics freak, Sanger, the candidate is only appropriate as a far left candidate.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I’ll never get it.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I assume you mean salvation?

thomasaur on October 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Oh good gravy, the abortion issue again?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 11:50 AM

In blue areas–which this district is not–I can’t see a pro-choice position as a litmus test rejection. But winning a Margaret Sanger award is an entirely different matter.

And, as others have said, she has far greater problems. Backed by ACORN-affiliated organizations? No way.

This candidate is more liberal than the Dem who’s is running. Elect Hoffman: Maybe he can teach the House a little bit about accounting–and not the creative, budgetary kind.

BuckeyeSam on October 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I just am amazed that people think this way over slavery in this day and age.

I accept it.

AnninCA on October 26, 1845 at 12:33 PM

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Isn’t receiving a Sanger Award comparable to winning an endorsement from bin Laden?

BuckeyeSam on October 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Sanger was a racist and eugenicist.

When our university was pushing a Sanger scholarship, I slipped in a quote from ol’ Margaret on the door of the financial aid office… it stayed up for two weeks before anyone noticed.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Because most people do not ignore history.

Our forefathers owned slaves. Do you dismiss them as unworthy because of this?

Of course not.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM

My forefathers owned slaves, sold slaves and were slaves–all of which are irrelevant to coming to conclusions about history.

And unworthy of what, may I ask?

baldilocks on October 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I assume you mean salvation?

thomasaur on October 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM

She needs our prayers…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Bingo.

Abortion is just Planned Parenthood’s “peculiar institution.”

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM

You just probably have stereotyped me due to other issues.

(I remain for public option.)

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Okayyyyyyyy. I was teasing you. Yikes. Sensitive much?

Annietxgrl on October 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Because you are a heartless, brainless, void of a human being, perhaps?

But at least you’re not judgemental. And that counts for something.

I exercise judgment. I really don’t judge people in the past for owning slaves, expressing ideas that aren’t any longer considered correct, etc.

Most of all, I do accept that abortion is still a huge voting wedge issue for many people.

I have decided that this is an issue that will simply wither, little by little. I don’t judge anyone who still votes on a single issue. I frankly did, too. It defined my generation.

Until birthcontrol was available, women were trapped into a kind of box. We couldn’t have sex. We had to defend against our own nature. We were boxed in abusive marriages.

I believe I’m a true feminist. In my opinion, this entire issue has been dealt with and most really interesting women aren’t involved anymore in it.

It’s not become nothing more than a “GHOST” issue.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Because you are a heartless, brainless, void of a human being, perhaps?

But at least you’re not judgemental. And that counts for something.

Just protecting my right to be socially liberal at times. :)

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Oh yes, things are much better now.

Now women can be used as walking semen ashtrays by men and raise bastard offspring alone.

After all, it’s your problem, you deal with it.

And they all lived happily ever after . . .

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Interesting factoid. This is why my actual position remains, this is a LOCAL election.

I’m concerned about the national attention to local races. It has become a bit overbearing on local voters.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Abortion is not about sex. It is not about being a slut. Try again.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM

There’s nothing “libertarian” about the pro-abortion position, including everything from the taxpayer funding of it to forcing doctors to do it under the latest fascist medicine bill.

The Dean on October 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I gotta go, I’m now disgusted.
I’ve got to give you credit though, AnninCA. I think your sex comment gets at part of what Margaret Sanger wanted abortion for.
And you do not even know it.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:47 PM

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM

OK, so you have strong feelings about Margeret Sanger.

I hear you.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Because most people do not ignore history.

Our forefathers owned slaves. Do you dismiss them as unworthy because of this?

Of course not.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Washington freed his slaves in his will. He would ahve earlier, but the matter was somewhat complex because of his wife’s situation and legal position. The majority of Founders did not own slaves and fought against the institution.

The analogy is not a perfect one as slaves could be freed, etc. Abortion murders a child. Period. No possibility of a reprieve… and there were forces at work that were working to free them (above and below ground)… and slavery was a state issue… babies in the womb can’t escape from the womb to find safety in another womb… people are not still secretly practicing slavery despite it being illegal (on any measurable scale, skip the obscure examples).

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:47 PM

No, you need to read about Margaret Sanger.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Until birth control was available, women were trapped into a kind of box. We couldn’t have sex. We had to defend against our own nature. We were boxed in abusive marriages.

And how, exactly, did abortion remedy any of this? Oh, and birth control pills that prevent the sperm from fertilizing the ovum are one thing. Abortion isn’t birth control.

One more thing: animals are controlled by their nature–their instinct. Human beings are capable of controlling that, of transcending their instinct. It’s one of the ways that we are made in God’s image.

baldilocks on October 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I’ll never quite get the emotional intensity of some of you on this issue.

Women do like sex. They aren’t always focused on children.

Anyway, I’m sorry you feel offended.

But I simply know I’m never going to quite comprehend people on this issue.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM

BuckeyeSam on October 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Subtract the element of religion and it’s exactly equivalent.

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Way to go! You avoided taking a stand on a serious moral issue!

It’s not become nothing more than a “GHOST” issue.

Huh? I’m sorry, the double negative really confuses me.

To paraphrase G. K. Chesterton, “Tolerance, the virtue of a person without convictions.”

Goldenavatar on October 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Women do like sex. They aren’t always focused on children.

Yes, it’s unfortunate when they are “burdened” by a child.

So sayeth our burden of a president.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM

ALL the early feminists warned that abortion would lead to… well… exactly where we are today… a MASSIVE number of poor, welfare-dependent single mothers.

Do you honestly believe that abortion somehow prevents abusive men from being abusive? C’mon.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Entirely their own fault, unless they were raped.

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM

OK, one more try. Have you read anything about Margaret Sanger?
How do you feel about Hilter trying for a master race? Same thing.
Sanger wanted to rid the US of imperfect people. Sluts would qualify especially minority or mentally impaired sluts.
You can fixate on slavery but this woman was preaching eugenics, maaster race stuff long after slavery ended in this country and people are excepting awards named for her.
It is not about sex and it is not really about abortion, it is about control.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Whatever. I honestly do not relate in the least with those of you obsessed about this issue.

Judge away.

I’ll never get it.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Would you get it if newborns were having their brains vacuumed from their skulls and their bodies mutilated? How about toddlers? Maybe adolescents? Tweens? Teens? Young adults? Middle aged adults? Senior citizens? How can you not get it?

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

But I simply know I’m never going to quite comprehend people on this issue.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM

They’re torturing babies until they die so women can have wanton sex and men don’t have to take any responsibility.

“Sorry, I just don’t comprehend the problem.”

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Abortion isn’t birth control.

Well, Bush made it that.

That’s the truth. One of the downticks in voting Republican is this issue.

It has had a firm grip on the right for a long time.

A lot of new Independents like me are worried about voting.

I can tell you this. I so oppose anit-abortionists. I do not want see women pushed back to back-alley abortions.

I do not want to see “morning-after” pills discouraged.

I do not even “get” conservatives on this issue. You complain constantly about people over-producing, but you block off avenues.

Well, anyway, this is definitely where I come down as liberal. I also won’t vote according to this issue. It’s peanuts compared to what we’re really facing.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

There’s no hope.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 12:55 PM

“Sorry, I just don’t comprehend the problem.”

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I do absolutely admit, according to many posters here, I must be a slut.

LOL*

I can’t imagine viewing sex in this manner.

Good gravy, people. It’s just not that big of a deal!

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:55 PM

The one thing I do NOT like about conservatives is judgmentalism. It’s pretty darn rampant.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Aren’t you being, um, judgmental?

shick on October 26, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Entirely their own fault, unless they were raped.

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Agree, but liberal culture lies to women and facilitates sexual subjugation to men and at such a young age, as well.

Liberalism has done for women what it’s done for anyone it tries to “help”.

More harm than good.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Well, Bush made it that.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Please expand, and show your work.

thomasaur on October 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Nobody likes ugly lesbians.

logis on October 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

[We propose to] hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

“I just don’t see the problem here.” – Ann(obviously)inCA

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Yes, it’s unfortunate when they are “burdened” by a child.

So sayeth our burden of a president.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM

You’re free not to answer this.

Are you fundamentalist?

Is this about religion for you?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

baldilocks on October 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I’ll never quite get the emotional intensity of some of you on this issue.

Women do like sex. They aren’t always focused on children.

Anyway, I’m sorry you feel offended.

But I simply know I’m never going to quite comprehend people on this issue.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I’ll go one step further than even baldilocks did. If we are nothing but “animals” then we shouldn’t have abortion. Animals don’t get to choose whether or not they have “children.” Should we start having abortions for animals now?

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Ann’s gone her entire life without a brain, what’s the big deal?

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Isn’t Newt a Catholic? I don’t understand how someone who professes to be Catholic can endorse anyone for anything who believes in abortion.

Kissmygrits on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

“I just don’t see the problem here.” – Ann(obviously)inCA

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Actually, I was born in the South, raised there, and lived most of my adult life in the Mid-west.

We still sort of enjoyed sex. *haha

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Ann supports the Klan too.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

In fact, by the time I landed in CA, I was a married woman, focused on career building and nesting.

CA is my conservative nest.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

It’s about logic, common sense and basic humanity.

If what goes on in an abortion clinic is OK with you, your are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Good gravy, people. It’s just not that big of a deal!

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:55 PM

If killing innocent people isn’t a big deal, why did Ted Bundy get such a bad rap? Florida should be paying someone restitution.

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

By all means, let’s not be “judgemental” about a so-called Republican accepting an award that honors Margaret Sanger. I mean, after all, who cares that Sanger was a vile “progressive” who actively sought the eradication of the US’s black population via a combination of eugenics and abortion.

“We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population” — Margaret Sanger

And just how far-reaching were the consequences of Sanger’s advocacy of eugenics? She was a close associate of one Dr. Paul Popenoe, a leader in the American eugenics movement who conducted one of the largest experiments in eugenics in California. Want to know who eventually based their own eugenics program directly on the findings of Dr. Popenoe’s study?

The Nazis.

Once again, AnninCA, you are a perfect illustration of what’s wrong with the average modern Westerner: thoroughly saturated with Leftist post-modern mushiness whilst being criminally ignorant of reality and history. Judgement is a part of life. And your constant mewing about conservative “judgementalism” is actually just a reflection of your own moral cowardice and lack of conviction.

“To be choice, you must choose well…” – Balthasar Gracian

You would do well to reflect upon those words of wisdom.

rvastar on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

We still enjoy sex in Dixie, Ann. We also still value the sanctity of life. That’s not a puupy growing in there.

kingsjester on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

A self-hater.

I enjoy sex too… I just have a little problem with torturing and murdering babies. Sorry you can’t make that distinction.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Well, there’s an idea. Just have no medical?

I don’t even get this post. It’s too absurd.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM

kingsjester on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I know. I’m just teasing at this poing. You kidding me? I grew up in the 70′s in the South.

I love Southern men. :)

And they definitely didn’t have this puritanical viewpoint being expressed today.

Thankfully. :)

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM

You complain constantly about people over-producing, but you block off avenues.

I will admit it’s kind of confusing, let me try to clear it up:

Once a life has been created in the womb you cannot end it involuntarily, except in life-of-mother cases or EXTREME deformity/disease. There are a few conditions that will kill a developing baby within a short time after he/she is born (after an agonizing existence) and there’s nothing we can do about it, even with our medical technology.

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Do you think the instinct to procreate is all about the act itself?

Or do you also think we have a basic human need and instinct that is satisfied in raising children?

If only raising children and enjoying raising children, could be elevated to the extent of having an orgasm is.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Well, there’s an idea. Just have no medical?

I don’t even get this post. It’s too absurd.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Of course it’s absurd. It shows how absolutely absurd abortion is. The point of sex is to procreate. If it wasn’t, then there would be no chance of people getting pregnant.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Kissmygrits on October 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I wonder whether Newt, in his haste to step out early to show his big-tendedness, got out on the wrong side of this one. Shoulda kept his mouth shut.

BuckeyeSam on October 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Thankfully. :)

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Stop judging us! Wah wah wah!

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

We still enjoy sex in Dixie, Ann.

kingsjester on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

..we just don’t feel guilty afterward about who we enjoyed it with.

thomasaur on October 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM

That’s the truth. One of the downticks in voting Republican is this issue.

It has had a firm grip on the right for a long time.

A lot of new Independents like me are worried about voting.

I do not want to see “morning-after” pills discouraged.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Talk about a culture of death.

Seeing your persistence defense to kill the unborn in the name of some phony liberation bogs our minds.

Are you so desensitized to death of the innocent? Are you concerend at all if George Tiller stuck scissors in the back of the baby’s head to kill it and suck the brains out? Call that modern day liberation?

I call it liberaism run a muck.

b1jetmech on October 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM

It’s about logic, common sense and basic humanity.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I don’t expect an answer.

But what IS your underlying issue?

Where DID you get nuts over this issue?

Was it a past event?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM

But what IS your underlying issue?

Where DID you get nuts over this issue?

Was it a past event?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM

FYI, Ann, for most of us on this issue our views come primarily from our parents…as they usually should.

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM

AnninCA,

You keep saying, “You just don’t get it.” Perhaps you could try to grasp it. The problem is that you don’t want to grasp it. You want abortion. You want the right to kill your child if you don’t want him/her.

The pro-choice, pro-abortion lobby is nothing short of a narcisistic religious cult that worships itself. They even have human sacrifices.

shick on October 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Was it a past event?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I was born.

I don’t need a past event to know that torturing and murdering children is a bad thing.

I saw my kids in the womb… and my wife and I cried because there was a baby in there… and before I saw them I heard their heartbeats.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

OK, see, I think sex is about pleasure. It’s God-given, and it’s just wonderful.

I simply don’t get all the girdles on sex. But, I do respect your opinion.

I wonder, personally, do people who think the way you do ever really have sex?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

But what IS your underlying issue?

Underlying issue? It just ain’t right. Simple as that.

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Catholic?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

That free sex has really worked out well for women! They’re happier and more free than ever. It’s done wonders for the inner cities too.

/sarc

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Catholic?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Human.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Because I was raised as a man who takes responsibility.

And I was raised to care about and protect those who are weaker than I am, because I am strong.

There is no one weaker than an unborn child.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Abortion involves two people. One dead and other wounded.

Ann, do you have any value on life?

b1jetmech on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Underlying issue? It just ain’t right. Simple as that.

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

What’s not right? To have sex?

I am not asking with a rude attitude here, btw. I simply know absolutely NO one in life who doesn’t have sex outside of marriage these days.

That’s really what I don’t get about the incredible anti-abortion movement

It seems based on 1950′s notions. Women don’t have sex outside of marriage and protection for both within that structure.

It hasn’t been true since I was raised in the 1950′s!

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Because I was raised as a man who takes responsibility.

There is no one weaker than an unborn child.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

So,

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I simply don’t get all the girdles on sex. But, I do respect your opinion.

I wonder, personally, do people who think the way you do ever really have sex?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Blasting through the mountains in a drop top Vette is also pleasurable, but not at the expense of stealing one from the Chevy dealer. You can’t justify murdering children because sex is enjoyable. Oy!

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:11 PM

It hasn’t been true since I was raised in the 1950’s!

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I see, you’re still missing the Summer of Love.

It will be great when the last geriatric hippie stops flapping their gums.

Go burn a bra somewhere and stop monopolizing these discussions.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Bring God into it at you convenience, then kick him out of your life when your through.

I simply don’t get all the girdles on sex. But, I do respect your opinion.

I wonder, personally, do people who think the way you do ever really have sex?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Think you answered your question.

b1jetmech on October 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM

What’s not right? To have sex?

Murder is not right, Ann. How the hell are you confusing sex and murder?

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I don’t.

That’s really what I don’t get about the incredible anti-abortion movement

It seems based on 1950’s notions. Women don’t have sex outside of marriage and protection for both within that structure.

It hasn’t been true since I was raised in the 1950’s!

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Just throwing out the term “1950s” doesn’t suddenly make the idea of torturing and murdering children suddenly OK.

You’re argument for torturing and murdering babies is that women just aren’t faithful in marriage anymore… and golly, somebody has to pay for that freedom… if that means we have to torture and kill some babies, so be it. Freedom! Damn the 50s and its low teen pregnancy and single mother rates!

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Because I was raised as a man who takes responsibility.

There is no one weaker than an unborn child.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Well, that’s great. I will trust you that you’ve actually provided support for all your own children.

I raised my own child alone. And I was married, btw.

He never paid a penny.

I also don’t think that reflects much more than I made a mistake.

But here’s what is sort of funny. Want to know who the “last” virgin really was in my 1950′s raised group?

ME.

So a lot of the insults here?

You’re part of the reason I don’t buy into the current talk about this nonsense.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Frankly, I think Ann is trolling these boards for sex. It was really clear last week and here we go again today.

Sanger would say that you are an undesirable Ann. You wouldn’t need an abortion, she would give you free sterilization.

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Nono, most of us here have simply picked up our parents’ values on abortion along with many other of their values. Catholic, Protestant, whatever.

Dark-Star on October 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I simply don’t get all the girdles on sex. But, I do respect your opinion.

I wonder, personally, do people who think the way you do ever really have sex?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Okay, this is just absurd as well. Sex was God-given and meant to be enjoyed within certain confines. I had premarital sex with my current wife and we both had sex with other people before we met.

We both wish we wouldn’t have because sex was a lot better after marriage. The sex we have now is better than what we had before marriage.

You just prove that you are a misinformed idiot that simply looks to the talking points of “you people don’t have sex.” My wife is on birth control and there is still no guarantee that she won’t get pregnant and even though we aren’t exactly “ready” for a child if she gets pregnant tonight, then we’ll make ourselves ready.

People like me still have sex, we just simply deal with the consequences of our actions.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM

ORconservative on October 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM

LOL*

That’s rich.

No, I’m not interested in anonymous bloggers.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I simply don’t get all the girdles on sex.

Ann, is there a NAMBLA chapter around you? California… there must be hundreds… they would like to use your post on the cover of their recruitment brochures.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM

So,

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:10 PM

So?

The underlying issue here is abortion is used as means to escape responsibility.

I was born from a teenage mother and rather she escaped her responsibility, she beard the brunt in raising here kids. Responsibility is something that liberals don’t live. It’s causing half the country to support the other.

What you are preaching in defense of abortion you have no moral argument to back up your world view.

b1jetmech on October 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM

No, I’m not interested in anonymous bloggers.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Are you judging people who look for sex with anonymous bloggers?

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Why don’t you just trust God a bit more than the religious edicts.

Sex is God-given.

Trust that.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Sex is God-given.

Trust that.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM

You’d better start copyrighting these posts, Ann… NAMBLA and ACORN are gonna use them with giving you credit.

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Are you judging people who look for sex with anonymous bloggers?

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Oh definitely. I exercise good judgment. Trolling for sex on-line is more dangerous than trolling in bars.

I do confess to an on-line romance nearly 15 years ago. Internet was new. We were enthralled. It was like a letter-writing romance.

It was HORRIBLE in real life.

Boy, lesson learned.

I do not have a smidge of romantic interest in any blogger since then.

That’s why I laughed. “Been there, done that.”

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM

So a lot of the insults here?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM

So you admit you’ve never thought deeply about the issue.

You take cues from others rather than thinking for yourself.

Do you think that if we go to Daily Kos and try to argue our cause, we won’t get insulted (before being quickly banned, of course)?

Your brain isn’t functioning on all cylinders, apparently.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Sex is God-given.

Trust that.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM

So are children. Trust that.

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Why don’t you just trust God a bit more than the religious edicts.

Sex is God-given.

Trust that.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I trust my own feeling in my soul and body. Sex was completely different after marriage and I know my wife agrees, she’s said so before I did.

Also, life is God-given as well.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Sex is God-given.

Trust that.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Where do children come from then? Babys-R-Us?

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:23 PM

mankai on October 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Sorry, but those of you posting against sex also are posting against the very nature of God, in my opinion.

I’d never agree.

Sex is absolutely a gift.

It results in love and life.

I couldn’t even begin to agree with those here who are against this.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I raised my own child alone. And I was married, btw.

He never paid a penny.

I also don’t think that reflects much more than I made a mistake.

But here’s what is sort of funny. Want to know who the “last” virgin really was in my 1950’s raised group?

ME.

So a lot of the insults here?

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM

So because some unfortunate events that happened in your life your therapy is support the death of the unborn. Harsh? maybe so. But if this is your way of ‘rebelling” then step back and take inventory of your life.

My biological father never paid child support. Oh well, life went on.

b1jetmech on October 26, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Who’s posting against sex?

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Who’s posting against sex?

jimmy2shoes on October 26, 2009 at 1:24 PM

She thinks women go to abortion clinics to have orgasms, apparently.

Maybe she really doesn’t know what an abortion is.

NoDonkey on October 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM

It results in love and life.

I couldn’t even begin to agree with those here who are against this.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Who is railing against sex? My wife and I have plenty of sex. We’re in our 20s.

And with your point of view and your want for limitless abortions does not bring life.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Also, life is God-given as well.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I agree, but I think that’s got to do with commitment and security.

Just my 2 cents. Casual sex simply isn’t very satisfying.

AnninCA on October 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Who posted against sex?
This is not about sex……..you are either really dense or purposefully avoiding the issue.
Nothing about this debate involves sex. It is all about eugenics in it’s conception and in modern times about control.
It is about the desensitiztion to the murder of children and the willingmess of the stupid population (which you beautifully illustrate) to believe that murder is OK as long as we confuse it with sexual freedom.
It is the snow job given to the stupid by liberals that allows them government funded population control.
Get a clue.