Big day for Hoffman after Palin endorsement: $116K

posted at 12:05 pm on October 23, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Just how effective has Sarah Palin’s intervention in the NY23 special election been?  Douglas Hoffman, the Conservative Party candidate that got Palin’s endorsement, raised $116,000 in a single day, according to a source within the campaign.  The source told me to refer back to Chris Cillizza’s coverage of the race at the Washington Post blog The Fix, which noted that Hoffman had raised $210,000 … over the course of a week.

Stacy McCain confirmed this with another source in the campaign.  He has a few updates as well on Democratic fundraising in the contest.

If nothing else, this confirms the power that Palin has with the conservative base.  She can raise money hand over fist, even with some considerable negatives with other constituencies.  If Hoffman winds up winning this election, Palin will become a very popular woman in the 2010 campaign, especially in Blue Dog Democrat districts where conservatives have grown appalled by the direction of a Democratic Congress.  Even if he doesn’t, this has been an impressive demonstration of influence and power.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Ha! RNC phone lines are busy!

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 1:32 PM

In your nobility don’t be fooled by the likes of AnninCa who is never going to be won over by Conservatives. She is more a concern troll who will string you along in your hope that she crosses over so that she can crush you when she announces she just can’t support Palin because she does’n't agree to the slaughter of innocents!

I believe Ann is an overweight lesbian bitter with the world who has fixated on the one person who is her exact opposite… Sarah Palin…I get this from her posts these last few months … He true self shows true once in a while when she gets mad…

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Just testing ph levels.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

AnninCA, I have Mocked you i the past, mostly over healthcare however I want to say, This comment is both insightful and gracious and it would be mean of me not to acknowledge it.

Well Said.

GunRunner on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

It’s not about mean. It’s about fair.

Good for you. I think you headed to solutions.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Anybody here up for a Forbes run?

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

OMG–I agree with you! *Looks outside to see if sun is still shining*

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 1:34 PM

What is “The Race Card” a metaphor for?

BigD on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Infield pass at Tallegega? No, simile. Uh, how about cranial/rectal inversion? No, to technical. The card won’t come out an play.

I bet Sarah would know, but she’s busy being good.

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Hoffman may win..or he may lose…WE must be strong and carry on…WE must donate to conservatives until we go hungry…this is for keeps

JJKRN on October 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM

In your nobility don’t be fooled by the likes of AnninCa who is never going to be won over by Conservatives. She is more a concern troll who will string you along in your hope that she crosses over so that she can crush you when she announces she just can’t support Palin because she does’n’t agree to the slaughter of innocents!

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Well, I was married for over 25 years, with 2 men. The first marriage was abusive. The second marriage was not.

I still don’t know what “concern troll” means. It seems the entire blog is a concern troll

“Oh way, Palin is important, better pump out an article to convince people she’s not.I

So honestly, I’m not quite sure what your point is.

Palin is absolutely the game-changer.

I do not think that the insiders will back her, anymore than the insider Dems backed Hillary.

The insiders are the problems, in my opinion.

They are truly, truly incompetent.

Wel

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM

You still haven’t defined what an Arch Conservative is.

It is all relative. Is Aristotle and St. Augustine’s ideas when Abortion is acceptable over the top? Or are the over the top ones the type who are against certain forms of Birth Control because they prevent the Zygote from implanting and want to outlaw the Practice in total (no abortion for women’s health reasons or sexual abuse cases). Hey, is opposition to late term abortion over the top?

As for Guns. I gotta disagree. Guns keep their value better than Gold and they will always increase their value. It is an investment. There are fully automatic weapons in the civilian market and they sell for as much as 20K dollars today, but ten years ago they were a couple of Grand. Which is why when I get a job, I am buying as many semi-auto AR-15s as possible. If a permament Assault Weapons Ban gets passed, they’ll pay for my retirement or send my kids to college if I ever have any.

And I’ll go so far as to advocate a repeal of the 86 Machinegun Ban. I am a responsible person, I can own a fully automatic weapon and not go on killing sprees. Infact, they will sit somewhere safe and sound until the need for their use arises.

Am I over the Top?

Holger on October 23, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I am a small government libertarian deist, and I like Palin…there I admit it. Where other republicans take the safe road, she steps up to the plate for principles, then takes the heat for taking a stand.

… which is the course that the “moderates” in the GOP refused to take in ‘08, which is why they went with McCain, which is why they lost the election, which is what ditzy dames like Daddy’s Girl Meghan totally don’t get, which is why Palin TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

manwithblackhat on October 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Don’t forget, though, that IF McCain hadn’t of won the nomination, Sarah would not have been picked for VP…therefore she would not have had the chance to push onto the big scene…and the liberals on the other side would have no chance to prove just how nasty and rabid they could get about someone who scares the living daylights out of them because they represent all that they supposedly stand for: a wife and mother who has a self-confidence in herself and is willing to talk to folks on both sides of the aisle without going ravenous about it. As much as I disliked the way she was treated in the interviews during the campaign, Sarah always maintained a cool, polite veneer with a winning smile the whole time. While someone may not always agree with everything she says, she is just a genuine person, and we do not have enough of that in Washington at the moment.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM

This makes a lot of sense, and I think I could quite agree with you on it. The left had so vilified her, and made her such a divisive figure between parties, that it just totally disrupted and interfered with her job as governor (and from all I have been able to hear, a great one at that for her state). She stepped down because she knew that she could no longer be as effective as she was, and like you said, trusted the guy following her to continue to do well for Alaska. I think that’s a pretty smart take on things, AnninCA.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Ann…you have a story for every situation… Not buying it…

If Palin is the nom in a Presidential race vs Obama will you vote for her who is pro life or him who is pro abortion?

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:43 PM

ya know..my ex wife was married to me for 25 yrs…she now lives with her long time “friend”…

JJKRN on October 23, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Bumped it up another $100.

Let’s go people. Go to the Doug Hoffman website and donate. Get it on!!

pabarge on October 23, 2009 at 1:44 PM

AnninCA, are you really bitter? Someone said so and I am inclined not to take one person’s word for it. A “horse’s mouth” sort of thing.

No I didn’t call you a horse or a mouth in need of a bit.

I am a clinger and racist stooge for the insurance companies, not a veternarian. (chuckle and guffaw)

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

CCRWM, come on man, that was mean. She posted a couple of good comments here, like this one

The insiders are the problems, in my opinion.

They are truly, truly incompetent.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM

james23 on October 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

A better metaphor might be drawn from our funny pages — Snoopy as the Red Baron.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Makes no sense. Snoopy vs. the Red Baron, maybe. But, recall what happened to said Red Baron:

That Bloody Red Baron was in a fix
He’d tried everything, but he’d run out of tricks
Snoopy fired once and he fired twice
And that Bloody Red Baron went spinning out of sight

littleguy on October 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I really support any goverment agency which follows you, and I personally think any blog that allows this post without contacting proper agencies, should be ended.

Truly.

This is one post that if this blog doesn’t turn into the proper authorities, then this blog is dangerous.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM

littleguy on October 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Oh, you songster you! Out-freaking-standing.

How do we work in the Battle of New Orleans?

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:48 PM

. I think that’s a pretty smart take on things, AnninCA.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Thanks.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:49 PM

James my comments are based on her many comments and stories here over the last 4 or 5 months… can’t remember exactly when she appeared but I don’t forget the things she’s said…

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM

???

cs89 on October 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM Palin is absolutely the game-changer. Insiders … are truly, truly incompetent.

Ann, I’ve been enjoying your posts more and more. You are coming across as someone who questions a long-held belief system based on many disastrous performances (Dems and Obama). I agree with you that the character of Sarah Palin is remarkable. She had only a family support network, yet she excelled, like many Americans out of our nation’s illustrious past.

Thank you for continuing to post your thoughts and impressions, even after you are mocked. We need everyone we can get. The future of our way of life is on the line.

NaCly dog on October 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Truly.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I’m really not sure what you are referring to here? Care to explain a bit further, please?

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

“Let’s replace Michael Steele with Sarah Palin.

flyfisher on October 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM”

You know…The RNC big shots took the power of the purse away from Michael Steele, for precisely the reason we seeing play out right here. They made up some stories about how Steele spent too much money on furniture and whatever. The same thing they did to Palin.

Steele has fired some of the good ol’ boys, which they also resent. Steele has got the same battle that the rest of us have. Changing the party to be more conservative.

A few weeks ago, some of the elected officials, NRCC and NRSC went after him because he commented on policy issues. They told him he was not allowed to comment or try to drive GOP policy issues.

Look it up. All this stuff is out there.

Steele seems to be the only ally the conservatives have in the upper echelon of GOP politics.

Everyone needs to look up their state’s committeemen. Some of these folks have been there forever and are now driving liberal policies and doing everything in their power to stop Michael Steele.

Michael Steele was the pick of the GOP commoner, not the powerful elite.

We still have some work to do to get rid of those elitists still running the party. Look up your committeemen and let’s start kicking them to the curb.

kcarpenter on October 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

What is “The Race Card” a metaphor for?

BigD on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

“The Race Card”, a username in this case, does not make for much of a metaphor. “Playing the race card,” however, provides us with an overused metaphor often dealt by snarky conservatives lacking argumentative merit in the face of racial issues.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Just testing ph levels.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I like forbes, but he’s not a winner.

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM

kcarpenter on October 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM

This is why I wish Steele had won the Senate race here in Maryland instead of Cardin. *shudders* I know Steele got MY vote then!

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Who knows whether this will change the course of the election, but it does illustrate why the left fears her.

MrBrowncoat on October 23, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Right. And OJ is innocent.

BigD on October 23, 2009 at 1:53 PM

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM

AnninCA, remind me one of these times to share with you the in-your-face paradoxes that confront any good Republican/conservative whenever that person does any indepth study of the Republican Party’s history.

BradSchwartze on October 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM

If you are going to say that about “snarky conservatives” then you better turn it around and also say it about “snarky liberals” because I think it gets tossed around my more on their side than on ours.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM

That Bloody Red Baron was in a fix
He’d tried everything, but he’d run out of tricks
Snoopy fired once and he fired twice
And that Bloody Red Baron went spinning out of sight

littleguy on October 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

~(_:(]) Homer says “DOH!

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I told ya she goes off when she gets mad… And it doesn’t take much!

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Actually, CCRWM, if she was referring to you in that post about authorities, then I have to say I think she has a bit of a valid point. Your posts to her have vilified her when she’s been posting some pretty rational things. You may not agree with her, but its not reason to go about insulting her the way you have been. Not cool man, not cool. Calm down and DEBATE with her if you don’t agree, but don’t go off the deep end like the moonbats like to do.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Note, “The Race Card” is in quotes signifying YOU as a person, or in this case a living metaphor of unknown relevance.

What is a snark and can you, “The Race Card,” get a dozen for less than $5?

Please compare and contrast “The face of racial issues” with the butt of jokes. (Hint: They are the same if you are talking about “0″. Power slam!)

“…Shovel all the coal in…Got to keep ‘er rollin’…”

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Neither side has the monopoly on culpability in our countries racial challenges. But right now Republicans are facing the most ominous challenges regarding race. Democrats have been pushing the same old line for decades, nothing to see there.

This is an embarrassment for Republicans and for Blacks since conservative values and the Republican platform would benefit that constituency more.

Also the fact that Dems are snarky is a given.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM

IMO, AnninCA would suffer less abuse if she spent a little more time composing her posts and cut the number down a bit.

Your point regarding “moonbats” is a good one.

gh on October 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I like forbes, but he’s not a winner.

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Steve Forbes to replace TurboTax Tim Geithner in a Palin administration.

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Engrish is my sekund langwich.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Hmmmmmm…… I was just looking at Hoffman’s web site and I see no mention of Palin. He lists his endorsements from Thompson, Armey through to Forbes, but no Palin. What’s up with that? I might want my money back. :(

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:05 PM

The Newt has jumped the shark…but have no fear, the ‘Cuda is here!

ornery_independent on October 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Give them 48 hours. They may not have updated it since the announcement.

gh on October 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Armey and Forbes came out after Palin, right?

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Heh…I’ll give you that one on the Dems. ;)

Although, when it comes to racial relations, if you look at history (which the Dems clearly like to dismiss) it WAS the Republicans that brought about racial change in the country. Republicans pushed for equal rights legislation. And I think that Republicans, in general, are much more accepting of racial differences than Democrats are. I see Democrats as exploiting racial minorities, not necessarily accepting them.

The problem for Republicans now, is they have been painted with the racial brush during the presidential campaign last year by the left, and are still being touched up with the same brush every now and again via the press and “real” news organizations. It can be hard to fight back against something that is so publicly being pushed onto the masses by those who dislike Republicans (not that I’m trying to say there aren’t racist Republicans, but like I said before, they are on both sides of the aisle, not just one). But we do what we can; never give up the fight! :)

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Engrish is my sekund langwich.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Oh! That explains a lot. You are very well educated just unable to express yourself in the lingo d’patria.

Study hard. You will suceed. I will pray for you and your engrish stoodies. Good luck. Write back when you are done.

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM

But haven’t you heard – she’s an irrelevant quitter!

I mean, I saw that on CNNBCBSMSNBCNYT. . .

GO SARAH!!!

RedNewEnglander on October 23, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Well, it seems clear that alternative blogs have an opportunity here for real attraction.
I’m looking for one.
AnninCA
on October 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM

See Ya!
Don’t let the door hit ya were the good Lord split ya.
Here’s your hat. What’s your hurry….

{I got a million of these for troll-types}

Branch Rickey on October 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Here’s R.S. McCain’s take on that question:

BTW, don’t be puzzled if the Hoffman campaign doesn’t make a big deal out of Palin’s endorsement. Because she’s been so unfairly demonized by the MSM, Palin’s status with independent voters is kind of problematic right now (let’s hope Oprah can fix that). So don’t expect to see Hoffman TV ads in NY23 shoving the Palin endorsement in voter’s faces. The strategic importance of the Palin endorsement is two-fold:

For Hoffman, it means small-dollar contributions from Palin’s legion of grassroots conservative supporters, as well as signaling — like the endorsements from Dick Armey, Club for Growth, Mark Levin, etc. — Hoffman’s status as the conservative in NY23.
For Palin, it establishes her political independence, making it clear that she is willing to defy the national GOP leadership to side with grassroots conservatives.

I suspect we’ll see it mentioned, but this may explain why it isn’t in 18 point font on his website.

cs89 on October 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

My metaphor is that we are in the first stage of the Battle of Samar. The Dems have surprise, since no president has ever tried to subvert the US before. Dems have the Presidency, both houses of Congress, all but a handful of the press, a evil billionaire, and most court systems.

So as Admiral Obama arrives unexpectedly off Samar with 4 battleships (including the Yamato), 6 heavy cruisers, 2 light cruisers,11 destroyers, he has the drop on 6 escort aircraft carriers carrying 400 aircraft, 3 destroyers, and 4 destroyer escorts. The Japanese have overwhelming military superiority.

The lighter USN forces turn to flee, but are too slow to escape. Disaster looms. Did they give up? No way.

The destroyer USS Johnson turns without orders into the approaching fleet. Columns of brightly colored water from huge shells surround the USS Johnson. The Johnson is hit again and again. Sailors step over the dead bodies on deck to man weapons and fight damage. Torpedos away! The bow of the heavy cruiser Kumano is blown off.
Sarah send the signal, “Small boy attack.” The remaining DDs and DEs go to flank speed against the approaching Battleships and CAs. Planes load anything they can, and enter the fray time and time again.

Will it be enough? Can the juggernaught be stopped in time?

NaCly dog on October 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Its good to see that Sarah and all of the others have endorsed Hoffman, but will that bring out ACORN?

cjs1943 on October 23, 2009 at 2:23 PM

cs89 on October 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Actually, I think that article makes a very good and valid point. It goes back to AnninCA’s idea of why she resigned the governorship of Alaska, as well. As much as we might love Sarah Palin on the conservative side, she IS a divisive figure on the bigger, more national scene. The media will throw its might at her, we all know that. And, as much as Fox News has the majority of the viewership, the other stations DO have viewers as well…and word of mouth from viewer to viewer spreads. Hence the way I had people parroting Palin smears back at me last year from left-leaning centrists who had never heard them first-hand, but were just repeating what their far more liberal friends had told them. Luckily, the middle-of-the-road independents are leaving Obama in droves, and we have the chance to convince them that Sarah is the real deal.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I don’t usually comment on anninca but she is a true troll. She stated in one of her musings that Ronald R wasn’t much of a president and that when he became ill with Alzheimer’s she wasn’t surprised. If her intent was to make a statement about RR in a conservative blog that was thoughtful or made sense then she would have at least won my respect. But she was being mean and hurtful to those of us that think RR was one of the most successful presidents we have ever had. I think it might be her meds.

inspectorudy on October 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM

cjs1943 on October 23, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Oh please yes! I sincerely hope it does! With the horrible reputation that ACORN has been given by FOX (and the other media outlets forced to report at least somewhat on), that could be more of a boon than a drawback. :-D

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Ed, I think this person needs the ban hammer. IMHO this sort of post is way out of line and waaaay off topic. I regularly disagree with AnninCa, but this sort of thing is repulsive.

Jimbo did the same thing to me.

dogsoldier on October 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Its very gratifying to see that Mrs. Palin has helped Hoffman. I really hope he wins. The leadership of the RNC needs a short sharp slap to the head.

dogsoldier on October 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM

inspectorudy on October 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I can give you that she has posted some nasty stuff in the past. However, people CAN change. And to continue to batter someone for something they said before, when their tone has changed now, seems to be a bit unfair to me. In this post, AnninCA hasn’t said anything like what you say she posted before. The same goes for a few other articles I’ve seen her posting on recently. She seems to be slowly coming over to the conservative side of things, and I will welcome that. We may not agree on everything, but more votes on our side of the aisle and agreement on some points are something I can cheer for.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM

cs89 on October 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Could be, but I don’t much care for that tactic. I seriously would not have made a donation, if I knew he planned to shun Palin. Her endorsement of the guy is part of the story. A BIG part of the story. She made a statement that she will stand on principle and party affiliation be damned. That’s significant!

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Why, seriously?
_______________
Conservatives believe that you should not see color or gender. The best qualified is the one who deserves promotion, school acceptance, etc.

Conservatives also believe that opportunities should not denied because of color {white, black, etc.}. As an example: Many conservatives believed that affirmative action let the people who were responsible [i.e. teachers] for making sure that all children are properly equipped for college, and life, off the hook.
Teachers then get away with social promotion and not actually preparing the young people with sufficient “tools of the trade.” Thus, in this example, white students are being denied spots to less qualified students. The less qualified students are thus screwed too because they haven’t been prepared.

Conservatives call this tragedy the “Road to Serfdom” but are labeled racists.

Liberals call this tragedy “social justice” and labeled compassionate.

Branch Rickey on October 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM

RNC stands for Rino National Committee? Open season on Rinos. Let’s make them an endangered species.

Jerricho68 on October 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Hoffman’s spokesman, Rob Ryan, told CNN that “much of the cash came before Palin made her endorsement public Wednesday evening,” giving credit for the haul to conservative suppport more generally.

________________________________________

Hmmmmmmmm……… Why are they going out of their way to minimize Palin’s endorsement? Teach me to have a trigger finger with my C.C. and these candidates I don’t know.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM

It is definitely interesting to watch the guy who gave us Contract With America, thus receiving the attacks from the Left along with a censure for a teaching lecture plus retrieved and recorded private phone conversations leave the Speakership seat of power, turn around and hop in bed with the RINOs, espouse the virtues of Global Warming legislation and enodorse Tax and Spend Moderate/Centrist types like Huckabee get shellacked by Sarah Palin.

Sultry Beauty on October 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I think anti-abortionists who are so over-the-line that they support crazy positions.

Or may even gun guys who can’t wait for a reply that they aren’t a felon from the FBI.

There are a lot cut-close issues where I absolutely don’t converge with radicalism.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM

These kinds of statements are what scare me for the fact that you LIKE Sarah Palin. Anti-abortionists over-the-line? Suggest you go listen to some of the recordings taken at Planned Parenthood and find out what’s extreme. What specific over-the-line stuff are talking about? Hah! What a stock answer. And do you seriously think that SCOTUS is pulling in gun cases over someone who CAN’T WAIT to see if he’s a felony? And you say conservatives are extreme? I understand your incoherence. You’re from California. Since I live in Murrieta, I understand where your foolishness comes from and you come by your ignorance honestly. Ann.

Sultry Beauty on October 23, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Any updates on this number? It must be bigger by now.

John the Libertarian on October 23, 2009 at 3:03 PM

CCRWM and his/her comments re anna c. You appear to “pull your head out” just long enough to show you shouldn’t. Please re-insert (head in rectum).

alwyr on October 23, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I don,t know what Gov.Palin plans are for 2010 & 2012 but if she decides to run Huckabee can kiss it good by.

thmcbb on October 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Okay, he got her name added to his endorsement list.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM

________________________________________

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I made a donation this morning to Hoffman and have been checking his website all day to see the announcement of Palin’s endorsement. Nada!
I would hate to think his mentality is: “I’m embarrased to be seen with you but not embarrased enough to decline your and your supporters money”

WisRich on October 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Let’s replace Michael Steele with Sarah Palin.

flyfisher on October 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Palin vs. Dean. LUV IT!

the_souse on October 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I would like to see the donations since Sarah Palin released her statement.

Joe Wilson had a nice counter on his site and it was interesting to see the money roll in for that guy. Right after “You Lie” it started spinning. It calmed down until the House reprimanded him and then it started spinning again. lol

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM

WisRich on October 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I was feeling the same way and starting to want my money back. He has her name on his list now and it is a hot link to her Facebook note.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM

It gets worse. They are not even acknowledging her endorsement on his Twitter or Facebook pages. He publicly thanks Dick Army and Steve Forbes on those pages, but not Sarah Palin.

yogi41 on October 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I called his campaign office.

shomegirl on October 23, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I don’t think Sarah has an ego that demands a forefront recognition for her endorsement here. The objective is to get the better conservative elected. Therefore, let Hoffman determine how to best handle all this locally. Meanwhile, I had popped $100 over to him earlier yesterday. I am popping another one over there now, so that it can be counted in the Palin wave.

Remember, this is about making sure NY23 doesn’t go Dem and that awful R fake doesn’t win. This is all about sending a real conservative down to DC and begin to stop the madness in Congress.

karenhasfreedom on October 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM

yogi41 on October 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I’m not liking this at ALL!

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM

He needs to thank her publicly…or the Press or people like someone we know very well will start getting snarky.

shomegirl on October 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM

You are right. She is fakin it.

She claims to have voted for McCain/Palin. That is an outright lie. In fact she tried to throw a log jam into the PUMA (pro McCain/Palin) movement over at No Quarter during the primaries before she was banned for spamming threads with non stop posts of gibberish.

And she damn well knows what a concern troll is. She has been doing it for years on multiple sites.

Geochelone on October 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Apparently, allahpundit could not be reached for comment. hmmm

james23 on October 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM

He’s waiting for MeggieMac to weigh in. hahaha

csdeven on October 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM

karenhasfreedom on October 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM

We are free to express our displeasure if we like. No one is saying it’s about her ego; it’s about Hoffman’s inability to write a quick thank you on his FB page or Twitter, as he managed to do with Steve Forbe’s endorsement (which came after Palin’s)

She’s not a high-class hooker to be used for money and frankly, many of us are sick and tired of the way these candidates use her and us for our money and support.

She’s also his one and only high-attention supporter and the press will have a field day if they even get a whiff of Hoffman not even acknowledging her.

yogi41 on October 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I’m all for supporting true conservatives, but I wouldn’t have known this guy from Adam except for Palin’s endorsement. And, that is the only endorsement that motivated me to send money to a politician in New York.

If he has some type of problem with Palin, he can get along just fine without my money.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I just sent an email to him expressling my feelings about not acknowledging Sarah, no $$$. We’ll see what happens.

cjs1943 on October 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Okay, he got her name added to his endorsement list.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Yeah … on the very bottom.

darwin on October 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM

How do we work in the Battle of New Orleans?

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:48 PM

well…if donkey were the red coats…

‘They ran through the briars
and they ran through the brambles
and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn’t go

They ran so fast that the hounds couldn’t catch’em
down the misip to the Gulf of Mexico’

But I don’t see Sarah as an Andie Jackson. Populist yes, authoritarian, no.

Fighton03 on October 23, 2009 at 3:50 PM

cjs1943 on October 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM

““I’ve been overwhelmed by all of the national support,” Hoffman tells NRO. “Sarah stands up for what she believes in and is a commonsense conservative, a Reagan Republican,” says Hoffman. “I feel like I’m an average citizen. Sarah reflects those kinds of values.””

He’s on it.

the_nile on October 23, 2009 at 3:50 PM

misisip

Fighton03 on October 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Ronald Reagan said, “You can accomplish much, if you don’t care who gets the credit.”

Don’t get all bent out of shape if Hoffman doesn’t scream from the rooftops that Palin endorsed him. The money coming into his campaign from her endorsement is what Palin wanted.

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Words of wisdom.

darwin on October 23, 2009 at 3:53 PM

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Words of wisdom.

darwin on October 23, 2009 at 3:53 PM

\
Actually I think Fred and Jerri thompson were the first on the case about this

kangjie on October 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM

But Meghan McCain is the female face of the GOP! Kathleen Parker told us so.

NebCon on October 23, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Meghan isn’t exactly the face, if you know what I mean.

Bruce NV on October 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM

So if Huckabee had endorsed Hoffman, he would have raked in $232,000 in a single day.

Sarcasm obviously.

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 23, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Hoffman is just about to be on Cavuto… (Fox News)

WhoU4 on October 23, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Endorsement = Money = Power

get on the train Newt.

choo choo

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Huckabee is waffling his ass off on Cavuto right now.

He is saying he WILL NOT get his PAC involved, and he is saying he WILL NOT endorse Hoffman.

BUT, he is saying “I respect principal over party.”

Bye-bye Huckabee, you idiotic, used car salesman, tent revival reject phony!

Now all we need is for RomneyCare to flip flop his silly self into the mix!

gary4205 on October 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM

When I feel cold, you warm me
And when I feel I can’t go on, you come and hold me
It’s you… And me forever

Sarah Smile
Won’t you smile a while for me
Sarah

mrt721 on October 23, 2009 at 4:25 PM

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM

He doesn’t have to scream from it the rooftops. He just has to thank her for the endorsement in the same way he did all the others. I’m willing to bet the financial boost he sees as a direct result of her endorsement will be unmatched by any other.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Palin needs to take over Huckabee’s weekend gig. That is one dull hour.

joedoe on October 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Day? Has it even been 24 hours?

Rocks on October 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM