Big day for Hoffman after Palin endorsement: $116K

posted at 12:05 pm on October 23, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Just how effective has Sarah Palin’s intervention in the NY23 special election been?  Douglas Hoffman, the Conservative Party candidate that got Palin’s endorsement, raised $116,000 in a single day, according to a source within the campaign.  The source told me to refer back to Chris Cillizza’s coverage of the race at the Washington Post blog The Fix, which noted that Hoffman had raised $210,000 … over the course of a week.

Stacy McCain confirmed this with another source in the campaign.  He has a few updates as well on Democratic fundraising in the contest.

If nothing else, this confirms the power that Palin has with the conservative base.  She can raise money hand over fist, even with some considerable negatives with other constituencies.  If Hoffman winds up winning this election, Palin will become a very popular woman in the 2010 campaign, especially in Blue Dog Democrat districts where conservatives have grown appalled by the direction of a Democratic Congress.  Even if he doesn’t, this has been an impressive demonstration of influence and power.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

What about all those morons who dumped millions into Joe Wilson’s opponent’s coffers?

Speedwagon82 on October 23, 2009 at 12:35 PM

What about the multi-millions Joe Wilson got for calling Barry out as a liar?

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

But…but…she’s irrelevent!

No one ever said that. The argument has been that she’s not electable. But many conservatives love her. That’s undeniable.

YYZ on October 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Can we worry about that when she’s running for something?

Cindy Munford on October 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM

TRUST! Thats why people follow her lead and those she endorses.

royzer on October 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Palin may be bringing in the base, and she may be alienating moderates, I don’t think that can be answered definitively for a while yet.

I am not among the base, and neither is most of my family, yet we like Palin and so do some of my democrat family members. None of them show the disdain for her that we are supposed to show, according to the experts.

I am not part of the base, but attended my first ever protest this year, the tax day Dallas Tea Party, along with many friends and family members who themselves had been part of a protest.

I am a small government libertarian deist, and I like Palin…there I admit it. Where other republicans take the safe road, she steps up to the plate for principles, then takes the heat for taking a stand. I don’t agree with her all the time, but I believe that she believes in her stands.

Newt should have campaigned for a new contract and stayed out of New York.

My wife has been sending back her contribution letters from the RNC empty and I stopped getting them years ago. While I still support individual candidates, the RNC, the party that used to come closest to my values, is dead to me.

cozmo on October 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I gave to Hoffman over the weekend when I found out from MM that the Republican Machine had donated to and was supporting Scuzzy. For me it’s about conservatism and what is right but because I like Sarah Palin because she embodies that, I will donate again.

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 12:40 PM

then take some of those folks out to the fields and teach them how to do some work.

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Just picture them detassling at five in the morning.

NebCon on October 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Just donated to Hoffman’s campaign, and why not, he’s being endorsed by Sarah AND The Tea Party Coalition. This is it folks. The first major battle between RINOs and conservatives. I live in Illinois but my money is on the New York battlefield.

donh525 on October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

ditto. I sent a cash-JDAM up there as well.

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

No, they just bought into the Beltway lies of “this is how it’s done.”

Well, it’s time to show them differently!

UnderstandingisPower on October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Now, let me be clear. I insist on knowing how anyone expects to meet the middle, work with the other side.

And don’t even dream of general talks about bi-partisanship.

I want the next leader to be brilliant about this.

Come on, Sarah. Don’t just cut off. Offer.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Just picture them detassling at five in the morning.

NebCon on October 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Precious

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Sarah’s radioactive alright. To Democrats!

donh525 on October 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Ed – haven’t you learned that Sarah posts belong to AP? If you are subbing for the master – a snarky title is in order – it could be Finally; Too good to check; Dawkins raises 200k. Get on the ball.

Fuquay Steve on October 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Just how effective has Sarah Palin’s intervention in the NY23 special election been? Douglas Hoffman, the Conservative Party candidate that got Palin’s endorsement, raised $116,000 in a single day, according to a source within the campaign.

Before you jump the gun on this, remember what is stated in the endorsement post:

It’s my honor to endorse Doug and to do what I can to help him win, including having my political action committee, SarahPAC, donate to his campaign the maximum contribution allowed by law.

How much of this came from her PAC and what is exactly the amount she is able to give?

JeffinSac on October 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM

There isn’t ONE mention of Palin’s endorsement on Hoffman’s site.

darwin on October 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Ditto here! Depending on the personalities posting, some days here, they accuse me of being a liberal whore. *haha

Other times, when the others aren’t here, people get me.

I’m like you. I certainly don’t relate to arch-conservatives.

But she doesn’t bug me.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Let’s take the obama template: How about we wield the government that obama built in a tyrannical fashion and reteach the other side the meaning of freedom and liberty by forcing them to endure the jackbootery of their own design.

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM

JeffinSac on October 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Around 3000. I think that’s maximum per year.

the_nile on October 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM

There isn’t ONE mention of Palin’s endorsement on Hoffman’s site.

darwin on October 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

It’s a state election. They may not be that fast.

But, more important, I don’t think that’s important.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I had called the RNC and railed about their endorsement of Dede, and I told them that they had better be paying attention to what’s happening, and that Steele better be paying attention. I just called them back and asked them if they saw how much Hoffman raked in from yesterday’s endorsement by Palin. The poor intern at the other end could only stutter. I told him he better be tipping his bosses off as to the mood of a large part of the population–and I told him I was a former repub, turning independent..
We need to be calling them, and our congressmen–don’t let up people!

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Seriously, any other blog that isn’t so anti-Palin?

I’m not as rebellious as in my youth. *haha

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM

As quoted by Flounder… “Oh boy is this Great!”

WhoU4 on October 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM

It’s a state election. They may not be that fast.

But, more important, I don’t think that’s important.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM

???

darwin on October 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM

donh525 on October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I’m from Texas, and me too. For a year now, I have lived a nightmare, watching my country be taken over by fascists blinded by a cult of personality, a man who I believe is less an empty suit than pure smooth evil. I felt helpless, worried, and scared… for myself and for my children. I love my country, and I want my kids to grow up in the country I grew up in–not in name only.

I want them to see the flag and know what it stands for, rather than seeing some bozo’s picture on it. I want them to understand that when you lie, you pay a price for that lie, not get crowned king eternal. I want them to stand up for what’s good, fight against what’s not, and know they can make a difference–whether the king says they can have the boats or not.

Until last night, I was afraid all of that was a sinking dream. But then, the shot heard round the world of the news organizations standing up for the first amendment and their sister station rather than being cowed by the power elites. Then the announcement of Palin’s support of Hoffman. I went to donate immediately, and I will do it again and again and again if it means we have a chance to take this country back and return it to a land that offers freedom and liberty–not stupid speeches with words no one remembers and few even believe because the one who spoke them is such a liar.

Sarah is us. Sarah is me. She has the guts to take a chance, the wisdom to know when and how hard to hit. She is a general I am more than proud to follow.

Let’s roll.

UnderstandingisPower on October 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM

csdeven on October 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I agree–this is a thread winner!!!!

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Now if she would have a rally for him across from a couple polling stations, maybe even show up at one….whoo hoo!

Thank you for choosing the RIGHT candidate, Sarah.

TriciaNC on October 23, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I’d like to be the first to greet our new Sith Lord, Lady Palin.

Iblis on October 23, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Made my donation..they must be getting inundated because I haven’t received my ‘thank you’ e-mail yet after about 20 minutes or so. I’ve made numerous political donations in the past, and most times the standard TY e-mail arrives instantaneously…

RepubChica on October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I like Michael. I suggest, let him grow.

I think that job is obviously “defanged.” So let him grow.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I’m in Maryland, and I used to like Steele quite well…until recently. Some things he’s said about ACORN etc. just do not sit well with me. However, I think he means well at heart, and I’d MUCH rather have Michael Steele than any of the other moderate Republicans in Congress now in charge of the RNC. I agree, though, that he’s still pretty new to the job. Let’s give him a little more time.

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I would like to see the breakdown on donations, I bet that most of the $116,000 was donations under $100. Grassroots!

farright on October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Let’s roll.

BOOM!

Plant the US flag and the Culpeper flag in the chambers of congress!
You’re correct—LET’S ROLL!

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

ditto. I sent a cash-JDAM up there as well.

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I’m cheap as chips when it comes to political donations: I hate giving my money to lying weasels. Nonetheless, I sent $10 to Hoffman, 10 times the amount I last donated to the RNC.

mr.blacksheep on October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Now all, call the campaign and phone bank for him.

I will be next week.

TriciaNC on October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Now if AP had covered this the headline would have been:
“Cuda only raises $116k – much less than expected for Hoffman.”

johnnybgood on October 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM

But she doesn’t bug me.
AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Wow…that’s rich coming from the person who said she could never support Palin because Palin is pro life and you are pro abortion… Trust me Palin does not need or want your support!

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I just donated to Hoffman, used Palin’s facebook link. It’s a shame there was no place to let Hoffman’s team know who sent you. I want to see the numbers after today since many people didn’t know of Palin’s endorsement until this AM.
Note to Dede – drop out!

lonestar1 on October 23, 2009 at 12:55 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 12:45 PM

The RNC needs to stop playing Obama Lite, I hope Steele realizes that also.

WhoU4 on October 23, 2009 at 12:56 PM

faraway on October 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Nebraska is one of the nation’s most right-wing states. Except for its infernal Unicameral Legislature.

You think it’s bad whenever a Snowe or a Ben Nelson (for those Kos freaks) becomes a “bipartisan” PITA? Imagine 49 of them in one non-partisan Legislature, then imagine having to pass a bill 3 times before it gets to the Governor’s desk.

Most Nebraskans are, understandably, thankful for the intiative/referendum process.

BradSchwartze on October 23, 2009 at 12:56 PM

If AnninCA likes Palin, that’s saying something. The political fat cats are in fo® a nasty shock.

Palin 2012!

OhioCoastie on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

The democrats watching Sarah emerge as a national force is akin to what Hitler saw on June 6, 1944 when 3000 allied aircraft were flying over the French coast.

And the RINO’s are the French Vichy.

csdeven on October 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Might I remind you, Hitler was asleep and his generals who where facing the onslaught were ignored regarding effective action to repel the invasion.

Still works for me!

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

And the RINO’s are the French Vichy.

csdeven on October 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM

You are truly an idiot. Democrats are not Nazis. Republicans are not saviors of the world.

Apt metaphor.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM

How is this an apt metaphor? Why are you encouraging such inflammatory rhetoric? I’m open to being convinced. Have at it.

+1000. If this doesn’t get you guest posting privileges, then Allah is as bad as we fear he is.

platypus on October 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Build a blog and give him posting privileges at your own blog. You won’t. You never will. You rock.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Watch the Brooks and Frums and Parkers of the world trip all over themselves saying this was an anomaly.

John the Libertarian on October 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Can you feel the first rumblings a of conservative tsunami?

RobCon on October 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Just imagine how much Hoff could make if Myth Romney endorsed him! /sarc.

Lou Budvis on October 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

John the Libertarian on October 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM

“Just a rogue event”

the_nile on October 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

The day isn’t over yet. Palin’s announcement was just last night.

Skandia Recluse on October 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Can you feel the first rumblings a of conservative tsunami?

RobCon on October 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Not really. I think the D is going to win.

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

What part of “metaphor” are you unfamiliar with? I would dearly like to hear (read) your understanding of this concept.

(“Hitler” is a metaphor now thanks to the progressive mind with a case of self rightgeousness)

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

CCRWM on October 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM

There ya go! Further marginalize the woman by rejecting potential supporters out of hand. AnneinCA actually represents the best hope for Palin in the immediate future. There are not enough hyper-partisans to support her presidential bid. She needs crossover support from independents, disaffected Democrats and Republicans who may have formerly scoffed at her.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Got my $25

Onager on October 23, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I love being witness to the Palinization of the GOP.

fourdeucer

Me too. I can’t remember any other person fueling as much enthusiasm, excitement and hope besides Reagan. Sarah couldn’t be in better company than that.

beachgirlusa on October 23, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Not really. I think the D is going to win.

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM

my $1 says you’re wrong.

Onager on October 23, 2009 at 1:05 PM

People all over the country are putting their money on the table.

the earth is moving beneath us.

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

There are those on both sides of the aisle that reject potential supporters because they are not already in lock-step with their own agenda. I am open to fully convincing AnninCA to slip over to our side. :) I say, the more conservatives the merrier! Do not go painting everyone on our side with the same brush, because that is just as misleading as what CCRWM said. Although, I fully support your right to say whatever you want to say. :)

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

And you are an idiot–what’s your point?

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Trust me Palin does not need or want your support!

Wrong attitude. If Palin is winning her over, that’s a GOOD thing.

TCJ on October 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Pull yourself away from John Derbyshire’s siren songs of conservative pessimism, STAT. You, I, and everyone else are witnesses to what will end up being one of the biggest political and cultural shifts this country will have experienced in at least 80 years.

Exciting times are all around us.

BradSchwartze on October 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Lighten up Francis.

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

He didn’t need it explained, he is a troll. And not a very good one at that. You can’[t talk to idiots, and this one you can’t even feel sorry for…

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Race card, I really think you may have hit on something here. The “Valley Girl” phenom of the 80′s gave us “like” as a substitute to those pesky gaps between word called silence.

No, really, like everything (not really everything) is like totally lame (not completely crippled but similar to…)

Enjoying the “over the top” sensations with some well timed metaphors is a dying art like… the carnival worker (get it? Art Carney!) smirk sheepishly.

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I take great pride in knowing that Sarah will always have more in favor with the people- then what we hear in the media…

hawkman on October 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM

If Hoffman winds up winning this election, Palin will become a very popular woman in the 2010 campaign, especially in Blue Dog Democrat districts where conservatives have grown appalled by the direction of a Democratic Congress. Even if he doesn’t, this has been an impressive demonstration of influence and power.

Yep, and this is just the beginning. I suspect he will raise much more in coming days.

I’m seeing a very clear pattern here- McCain picks her for VP, base is energized and $ rolls in. Saxby Chambliss is in a runoff, Sarah stumps for him, and the race is energized. He thanks McCain and others, but states Palin had the “greatest impact.” Palin endorses Hoffman, $ rolls in.

Might be a fun midterm coming up… if I could ignore what the POTUS was doing in the meantime.

cs89 on October 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Republicans are not saviors of the world.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

No. Conservatives are.

csdeven on October 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Sarah Palin has not uttered any Rhetoric that paints her into the traditional Social Conservative corner. Any claims she is comes not from her words.

Holger on October 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Too bad that idjit Christie rejected Palin’s help weeks ago. This is what you get when you listen to skittish RINO’s running your campaign–LOSS. And I say this because I suspect strongly that Christie’s gonna lose his bid for governor. Corzine’s running circles around Christie with his massive war chest. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Eat crow, RINO’s.

RepubChica on October 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I think you’re right Pubchica, and you know what, its good that Sarah is not involved in that race. She doesn’t have a dog in that fight, and neither do we. Christie is no conservative.

james23 on October 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I need practice being helpful but firm with most of God’s creatures.

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Well, it seems clear that alternative blogs have an opportunity here for real attraction.

I’m looking for one.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM

So let me get this straight. She draws huge ratings on TV. She sells millions of copies of a book no one’s even read yet. She attracts tens of thousands wherever she goes. She raises money hand over fist.

Yet she’s toxic politically and unelectable?

Uh huh, sure. This political advice is brought to you by the same geniuses who thought DooDoo Schizo-fever was a smart choice for the GOP in NY-23 and Barack Obama would be some sort of postracial, postpartisan, brilliant leader the country and world would unite behind.

Doughboy on October 23, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Not really. I think the D is going to win.

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM

If Scozzofava won, a Democrats would have won.

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Republicans are not saviors of the world.

The Race Card

No. Conservatives are.

csdeven

A+++

beachgirlusa on October 23, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Might I remind you, Hitler was asleep

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

And the democrats aren’t?

Still, I get your point.

csdeven on October 23, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I’m like you. I certainly don’t relate to arch-conservatives.

But she doesn’t bug me.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Define “arch-conservative”.

What? Someone who is racist? Someone who hates illegal aliens and wants them dead or deported? Someone who wants to go to war to conquer territory and other people? Someone who hates the government enough to join a militia and make bombs?

Now name a single conservative who has any of those positions. I will repeat myself.

Define arch-conservative, lady. It doesn’t mean insisting illegal aliens go home or get naturalized the legal and proper way. It doesn’t mean insisting the government stay out of business contracts, bedrooms, and the propaganda business. It doesn’t mean opposing government health care because we just don’t feel like paying for someone else’s knee operation, or the drunk on the corner’s liver transplant.

Your ideas make no sense unless you can define just who the Hell you are talking about.

Subsunk

Subsunk on October 23, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Texas Tom on October 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

A metaphor is a literary device highlighting direct comparisons to unrelated objects in order to accentuate their similarities. Metaphors are often abused by writers making banal points with hackneyed phrases looking for an escape from their pathetic scrawling. Mixed and protracted metaphors can distract the reader from genuinely substantive points.

Do me a favor. Detail your brilliance; explain this grand piece of tripe you’ve spilled onto the screen. Hitler looked up (figuratively) and saw 3000 planes? How does Palin fit into this formation? Palin’s emergence was not sudden and ominous. It’s been bizarre and confusing.

A better metaphor might be drawn from our funny pages — Snoopy as the Red Baron.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:20 PM

james23 on October 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I voted for Steve Lonegan in the primary, knowing full well Christie would likely get the nomination for his name recognition. At this point, anyone would be better than Corzine running this state–you know we’re #3 behind CA and NY in being in the red. Unfortunately, Christie is what we got stuck with. For being such a diehard prosecutor of corruption and all, the guy’s folded like a cheap suit under Corzine’s attack ad machine.

RepubChica on October 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM

No. Conservatives are.

csdeven

Well played sir.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM

If Scozzofava won, a Democrats would have won.

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I agree. She’s little (if any) better than the D. But the D will win. Unless the R drops, too many people mindlessly vote R or D – a 3rd party candidate simply cannot beat zombie voters.

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Define arch-conservative, lady.

Oh, I think anti-abortionists who are so over-the-line that they support crazy positions.

Or may even gun guys who can’t wait for a reply that they aren’t a felon from the FBI.

There are a lot cut-close issues where I absolutely don’t converge with radicalism.

but that is on both sides……whether left or right.

I want solutions for real problems in our country. We cannot continue to debate these silly debates

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Apparently, allahpundit could not be reached for comment. hmmm

james23 on October 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM

And, no, I do not think that the far-far-right has any political voice.

No, that’s not what my own experience in teaparties showed. We were middle-class, pretty friendly, and definitely not the neurotic angry types.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM

What about the multi-millions Joe Wilson got for calling Barry out as a liar?

portlandon on October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

He deserved every penny for helping expose that disgusting liar

bill30097 on October 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Talking Points Media is claiming Steve Forbes is going to be endorsing Hoffman today.

clement on October 23, 2009 at 1:25 PM

The money is going toward balancing the seats of power in our government. Once we can reestablish balance in congress, then the president is weakened, and that is how the founders wanted it.

ted c on October 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Highlar on October 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Excellent point, thank you for your reply.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

… which is the course that the “moderates” in the GOP refused to take in ’08, which is why they went with McCain, which is why they lost the election, which is what ditzy dames like Daddy’s Girl Meghan totally don’t get, which is why Palin TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

manwithblackhat on October 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Even if he doesn’t, this has been an impressive demonstration of influence and power. EM

Not to mention principle and a blow to the GOP weenies who put up and supported a Diablo (C Mark Steyn) as GOP nominee.

Basilsbest on October 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Seriously, people. Though we may hate Obama for attacking the press, at least we need to discuss the issue.

Do you think that your “competitor” at LGF has much credibility?

I don’t. I’m not even a part of the conservative talk-flow. But I checked out that site, and it’s abusrd.

It’s a blog that is now blogging mostly against another blog.

*yawn*

I’ve seen this on the liberal side, too.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

donh525 on October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I live in OK but I too have contributed (before Palin endorsed, but after Gingrich blew it). This is a chance for us to send a message to the RINO’s! Embrace conservatism or get out of the way!

Christian Conservative on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

But she may never get full credit for taking care of Alaska. Personally, I saw why she resigned. She sounded uncomfortable, because if she’d really said the reason out loud, it probably would have sounded too egotistical.

But there are times when stars need to move away. It was hurting Alaska. And she trusted the next guy in line.

And that, I also saw as a huge positive. She knows she’s not God.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM

AnninCA, I have Mocked you i the past, mostly over healthcare however I want to say, This comment is both insightful and gracious and it would be mean of me not to acknowledge it.

Well Said.

GunRunner on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Pelosi has lost, folks. She doesn’t have the votes.

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

clement on October 23, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Anybody here up for a Forbes run?

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I just read this on MM’s site:
“I was in the Windy City last night for the United Republican Fund’s 75th anniversary. URF is committed to electing conservatives to office and I was impressed with the number of fresh, young conservative faces who are running against the culture of corruption in both parties.
On a related note, I was also told that national GOP officials pressured the state party not to endorse/promote my appearance at the URF event. Perhaps if I had won a Margaret Sanger award, endorsed card check, supported higher taxes, and cozied up to ACORN front groups, Beltway GOP elites pushing “practicality” over principle would be more welcoming.”
I am getting ready to call the RNC back again, and ask them WTF???

lovingmyUSA on October 23, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Anybody here up for a Forbes run?

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Forbes ran in, what, 1996? Lost to Dole?

lorien1973 on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I don’t entirely agree with you, but I think your instincts are very good here. Your explanation is among the best that I’ve read or heard.

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

What is “The Race Card” a metaphor for?

BigD on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Told you so. *haha

AnninCA on October 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM

She has a crush on Sarah.

seven on October 23, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Hell, *I’ve* got a crush on Sarah. This whole thing just gives me goosebumps and more. ;-)

itzWicks on October 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Sarah Palin and Dick Armey, both true conservatives, supported the true conservative in the New York Congressional race. Newtie, who began his political career as a Rockefeller Republican, supported the RINO. So based on this one race, who should conservatives support in 2012? Hint: Dick Armey won’t be a candidate.

Percy_Peabody on October 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM

The Race Card on October 23, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Very good and reasonable with regard to the explination of a metaphor. You still need work on applying knowledge to practical effect. Great start! (ego stroke)

My desire to do you any favors is nil. The “tripe” is not mine. I know full well a failed paper hanger cannot see 3000 aircraft over the Normandy province from his bedroom/bathroom window in Germany. What a silly suggestion you make.

I know a reasonable and honest person can see Russia (the former Soviet Union) from the United States of America (The State of Alaska).

Got cheese?