Alan Grayson: Fox News, GOP are the enemies of America, peace, puppies

posted at 7:51 pm on October 21, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, a belated edition to Michael Moynihan’s list of liberals who’ve recently questioned the patriotism of the right. I’ll level with you: I know I’m supposed to be horribly offended by this, but I find it impossible to take seriously anything that comes of this grandstanding idiot’s mouth. He’s so clearly relishing his role as the left’s new golden boy/attack dog that I half expect him to start bringing photos of Rush Limbaugh to his interviews so that he can tear them up halfway through. And yet, because the left can always be trusted to have a mock-outraged fainting spell whenever some conservative tosses a rhetorical grenade like this at them (has any Republican gone quite this far lately?), I’m obliged to flag it simply for tu quoque point-scoring purposes. The next time Michele Bachmann or whoever says something nutty and liberals are overcome by the vapors of how demagogic the GOP is, here’s your post to point back to.

I actually went over to MSNBC and watched the full exchange with Grayson to make sure that Ed Schultz didn’t challenge him on this, and sure enough, nope, he didn’t. You might want to check out the beginning of that clip, incidentally, as it features Grayson musing that 99 percent of Americans have the good sense not to watch Fox News. Um, buddy, do you realize which network you’re on here?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Don’t tell me – let me guess. Inspired by the folks at EPCOT China.

Ronnie on October 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Hey, I like puppies. With a nice hollandaise sauce. Not as tasty as babies, but still yummy. Pair with a good merlot.

rbj on October 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Dear Mr. Grayson:

Here’s hoping that your career in Congress dies quickly.

Respectfully signed,

Sanity in America

Ryan Gandy on October 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Nice tie.

ronsfi on October 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

The deuce you say…!

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Since Fox’s highest rated shows pull about 3 million viewers a pop, I guess technically he’s right. But yeah, I can’t get too upset over anything this idiot says either.

BadgerHawk on October 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM

This guy is a car accident waiting to happen. Just give him time.

ndulik on October 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM

You forgot kittens and goldfish, you twaat!

HornetSting on October 21, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Nice tie.

ronsfi on October 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

It is likely for Save the TaTas month . He likely is really only worried about his.

This guy is insane. He looks like the lawyers one sees advertising at 3am.

CWforFreedom on October 21, 2009 at 7:57 PM

What a cement headed DOPE.

rjoco1 on October 21, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I am just glad the Democrats have found an “enemy” that they can attack without, you know, having to get down in the trenches and actually physically fight. Like Muslim extremists. Now if Osama wants to engage in a war of words Woo Hoo the Dems got something for him. Bring it on.

Just A Grunt on October 21, 2009 at 7:57 PM

He is Olby but in Congress

CWforFreedom on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

when this guy gies under, man it ain’t going to be pretty.

rob verdi on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

When I first saw this clip, the first image that pop in my head was Joe Pesci in Casino.

Worst dresser…evah!

Oh, and he’s a giant a$$hat.

Lance Murdock on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Teacups!

Joe Caps on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

when this guy goes under, man it ain’t going to be pretty.

rob verdi on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

It’s amazing how an individual can just look hateful.

Must suck to be him.

FireBlogger on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

…He’s so clearly relishing his role as the left’s new golden boy/attack dog…

…Pelosi butt kisser…

IntheNet on October 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Worst dresser…evah!!

Oh, and he’s a giant a$$hat.

Lance Murdock on October 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Who the heck voted for this guy?

cubachi on October 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM

DNC’s manwhore

William Amos on October 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM

The guy looks nuts. That is quickly proven when he opens his mouth.

txag92 on October 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I think Obama has his hand up this jerks backside ?

The man is an Obama puppet and is unhinged ,just like his WH cronies!

Sandybourne on October 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Dick Morris begs to differ:

Is FOX News “an arm of the Republican Party” as White House Communications Director Anita Dunn says?

Democratic and Independent voters beg to differ. A national survey shows that 46% of those who watch FOX News “just about every day” are Democrats or Independents as are 50% of those who watch it “several times each week” or more.

Overall, the survey showed that 21% of all American voters watched FOX News every day and 18% watched it several times each week. So, combined, 39% watched the station several times each week or more.

• Among Democrats, 17% watched it several times each week or more

• Among Independents, 46% the station several times each week or more

• And among Republicans, 55% tuned in several times each week or more

John the Libertarian on October 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Who the heck voted for this guy?

Goofy, Mickey and pro doodad

William Amos on October 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

If you squint your eyes a little, his interview begins to look kinda like this.

Weight of Glory on October 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM

stuck on stupid.

keep talking, idiot…

homesickamerican on October 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Goofy, Mickey and pro doodad

William Amos on October 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Uncle Scrooge wouldn’t!

Orange Doorhinge on October 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM

“No brain, no pain” (inspired by the “No guts, no glory” motto in the lower right corner of the photo).

ya2daup on October 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM

This POS is sitting in a Republican district to boot. Time to put the Kibosh on this boy.

elduende on October 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I don’t think his opponent in 2010 is gonna even have to try in order to unseat him. Hell, even DooDoo Schizo-fever could win in his district.

Doughboy on October 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Woooooooo…that’s a special Olberman kind of stupid.

Bishop on October 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM

It really is interesting. As Obamacare and Crap and Tax and all the other socialist rubbish runs into trouble, the Dems are getting more and more shrill.

Limbaugh and Levin are also getting shrill but they are entertainers not elected representatives.

Anders on October 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Alan Grayson looks like a rapist. Those eyes are f*cked up shifty. Like the future child of James Carville and Mary Matalin.

Apologetic California on October 21, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Eat me, grayson.

Punditpawn on October 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Whoever is running against this guy, I hope he/she/ or it wins.

Terrye on October 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Is he wearing a shirt or just a collar and tie?

MikeZero on October 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Why isn’t there some kind of poll of the people of his district think of this douchebag?When Joe Wilson called Obama a liar; the next day there were all kinds of doomsday polls against Wilson as well as praising his likely opponent in the media. Media double standard again…

BJ on October 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Alan, you’re a pathetic laughable joke.

Have YOU ever served in the military in a combat zone defending the United States of America?

I have.

And I’m a very proud conservative republican.

Be VERY thankful there are REAL men that are willing to put it all on the line so that simpletons like you can deride their sacrifice for their own political gain.

bannedbyhuffpo on October 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I just hope these things keep talking and exposing their absolute hatred of anybody with an opposing view. My wife just commented that this thing has some crazy looking “mad bumps” on his face.

Yep… :-)

Keemo on October 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Is this the gentleman that took Mr. Foley’s seat?

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

What a tool.

LASue on October 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Can’t watch, haven’t drank enuff whiskey yet…

lovingmyUSA on October 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

At least he didn’t call George Soros a “leftist”…

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

There is nothing, nothing, more American, nothing, nothing, more patriotic than opposing an anti-American, anti-liberty, anti-constitution, pathological liar, mental case, control freak like Herr Obama and his freak show crew cast of morons and psychopaths.

MB4 on October 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I’m in this douchebag’s district.

I wish I could tell you the GOP is on top of things and preparing a viable challenge to him, or that there were lots of people scrambling to take him on.

But if I did that, I’d be lying.

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Can’t watch, haven’t drank enuff whiskey yet…

lovingmyUSA on October 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM

You’ve been drinkin’ all day. ;-O

thomasaur on October 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM

This guy is insane. He looks like the lawyers one sees advertising at 3am.

IIRC that is what he was prior to this gig.

Aviator on October 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM

The left wing media, along with the White House is really having a good meltdown. Fox News and the whole Fox network is up 15 to 20% in viewership since Emanuel and Obama began their calculated attack. I’m thinking of a special hankie for liberals with a crying face embroidered on it.

Rovin on October 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I’m surprised he didn’t accuse Beck of killing the little puppy “Press” Beck had on his show yesterday.

Jvette on October 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Who the heck voted for this guy?

cubachi on October 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM

He’s an Obama coattail baby. Lots of blue turnout for O in this area and it turned a lot of the I-4 corridor solid blue in 2008. Amnesty-supporting Ric Keller was the incumbent & was kicked out on his keester.

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Inspired by the folks at EPCOT China.

Huh?

Crawford on October 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Dudes eyebrows are creeping me out! His left one is always raised and the right one is always burrowed. Makes his whole face looked lopsided….

He’s in perpetual The Rock gaze

Butters on October 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Keller also tried to win a 4th term after he promised to serve only three. That was the final nail.

Ronnie on October 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Two words:

Twea Ker.

tickleddragon on October 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM

What the heck?

Is Alan Grayson a long lost brother of Perez Hilton? They look the same, they talk the same, they have the same body language when they’re getting their demagogue on, and they even lisp the same.

Huh.

Anyway… Tool!

Next.

SilverStar830 on October 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Why are you helping give him attention allahpunit… stop helping this whore..

ninjapirate on October 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM

These tools are pushing for a war. I think they’re going to get it. Definitely not cheering for one, but ready to choose sides if it comes to it. Guns. ammo and bullion!

jwp1964 on October 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM

MB4 on October 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Tell us how you really feel, MB4!!!

LOL

+++10

Jvette on October 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM

This slime bucket is a festering pus bag on the rear of humanity.

rplat on October 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I would hope with the attention he is drawing to himself there will eventually be some military muscle or physician willing to take him on.

I thought he was a skeazy lawyer but was informed I was mistaken. About the lawyer part.

Marcus on October 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Huh?

Crawford on October 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

From earlier stories on this guy, we’ve learned that he gets his inspiration from Disney rides.

Ronnie on October 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I’m an enemy of peace. I’m for progress over peace, as has been the basis of Western civilization and what propelled us to the dizzying heights we’ve attained.

This Grayson slug is the best. Keep him talking. More Grayson!

I do love it when the America-hating leftists – the ones who voted to put an Indonesian in charge of our Executive branch – have the chutzpah to talk about enemies of America. LOL. The Founders would have hanged half of these folks for being the moronic nitwits they are.

progressoverpeace on October 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I am, unfortunately, a constituent of Graysons. Yeah, I know, I throw up a little in my mouth every time that realization hits me. My only consolation is that, being a republican district, he will be a one-term wonder.

And no, I did NOT vote for him, and every person I’ve spoken to around here can’t wait to NOT vote for him next year.

In the meantime, feel my shame at having him ‘represent’ me.

Oh, and as slimy as he looks, it isn’t even close to the reality.

Ripley on October 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Why are you helping give him attention allahpunit… stop helping this whore..

ninjapirate on October 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM

It shows just what the left is all about, pirate. Let the moonbat rant….

HornetSting on October 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM

He isnt serious is he? This has got to be some kind of a joke. He sounds like that person in 4th grade that kept disturbing the class just to get attention.

deepinthought on October 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Does Grayson mention his new website where he cites names of people who died before healthcare passes ?

I wonder if Teddy K’s name is on it ?

William Amos on October 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM

The Major Media in the U.S. gleefully jacks-off to Obama. Any other description of the relationship between the Media and Obama is gross understatement. The cretins finally found a politician they can masturbate to like a rock star which is why they get so much pleasure treating him like a rock star.

KentAllard on October 21, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Apologetic California on October 21, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Yes, I noticed that too. And he kept looking down and to his left. I have a vague memory of my interrogator friend telling me that means something but I can’t remember what. Intentional lying, maybe? (no, I’m not making that up)

Like the future child of James Carville and Mary Matalin.

Talk about attraction of opposites!
Her: Intelligent, witty, personable
Him: Reptilian, shrill, repulsive

Lurking Vet on October 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

He proves that we are not sending our best and brightest to Congress. We must change this.

d1carter on October 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Why does he look so sweaty and greasy?

keep the change on October 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

thomasaur on October 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Just a finger or two in my coffee…all day…:p

lovingmyUSA on October 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM

This floridian clown must be an avid golfer as he’s obviously been struck by lightning one too many times.

The Ugly American on October 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I think Armando Gutierrez is going to be challenging him. I’m not totally sure on him, but by the sounds of the people who are lining up behind him, he might well be a good candidate.

clement on October 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM

The greatest, most telling difference between lefties and conservatives is that lefties need a safe zone. Lefties find justification by the number of people who think like them, while conservatives will go, maybe gun-in-hand, to face the entire US Army alone for the liberty we demand for ourselves and our posterity.

I think Thomas Paine said, “If there be trouble, let it be in my time, that my child have peace.”

Liberals don’t have such a value. so, when they see a number of people who think other than them, they freak.

This kid is just another case to prove my point. Gotta love it! The lefty media is wigging out, all without their fave drug of choice.

Liam on October 21, 2009 at 8:30 PM

The House’s version of Keith Olberman. Bathtub scum.

jack herman on October 21, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Why does he look so sweaty and greasy?

keep the change on October 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

He is an attorney

BTW supposedly he is the 12th wealthiest member of Congress. Emphasis on member.

CWforFreedom on October 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM

In case you are wondering how this dipwad got elected, this might clear it up

They seem to really like him, too…

Ripley on October 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Meh. The problem is, he gets inspiration from the wrong ones.

I’d support a politician who cited “Carousel of Progress” or “The American Adventure” as inspiration. I doubt he’d ever get inside the American Adventure, though, because there are people in the lobby singing patriotic songs.

Crawford on October 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM

There are worse things than being a grandstanding idiot, Mr Allah Pundit. With my little green ring I can take him and his little brain and his creepy eyebrows apart molecule by molecule and then put them all back together again. And maybe I put him back together right and maybe I don’t. But he’ll be alive and conscious for every second of it…

HalJordan on October 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Repubs are enemies of peace?

According to the cite by ‘keep the change’ above, this gentleman seemed to leave the door open for military force by Israel. Has he checked with the White House on that issue or even Hamas?

This guy has mental health issues. On the edge. Will self destruct.

IlikedAUH2O on October 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I am proud to be the ENEMY of this worthless puke and his masters…

huckelberry on October 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Isn’t this the guy that is behind in the latest poll to the “player to be named later”?

CC

CapedConservative on October 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

hate mongering

jhffmn on October 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Obviously, Grayson hasn’t seen all the cute puppy videos
“Red Eye” runs.

(Also, AFAIK, Grayson does not represent a ‘safe seat’ district, like a Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank or Charlie Rangel, where he can say any asinine thing he wants to and still be assured of 70 percent of the vote minimum. So as we get closer and closer to the 2010 election next year, it will be interesting to see if Alan continues his question to become the Democrats’ far-left version of Jim Traficant, or if he starts trying to fade into the woodwork when he realizes these rants aren’t helping him with the swing voters.)

jon1979 on October 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM

This is soooo great! Grayson says Republicans are the enemy of education.

Funny, but which of the two Parties opposes school choice, vouchers, and home schooling?

Hint: Not Republicans

Liam on October 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM

You want to put some pressure on Grayson? Call up the tourism boards in the cities in his district and explain that you were planning a vacation in that area, but cannot support an area represented by someone so hate-filled and “divisive”.

Crawford on October 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM

LOL the enemies of peace

WWI …. a democrat President
WWII …. a democrat President
Korea…. A democrat President
Vietnam…. Truman a democrat sent the first advisers and a few years later Kennedy and Johnston jumped in with both feet

650,000 dead servicemen and tens of millions of dead civilians

Aggie95 on October 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM

And if Repubs are the enemy of peace, then why is Obama (maybe) going to expand the Afghan war? I say we need to get out of there and Iraq.

What about Bosnia, (under Clinton) and Somalia (under Clinton)?

Does Grayson remember the Nam (under Kennedy and Johnson)? Who got us out of there at long last?

NIXON

Liam on October 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM

AP,

I think you mean a belated addition, not edition to Moynihan’s list.

iamse7en on October 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Actually, I do hate peace. I don’t want peace, not at all. What I want is for all of the enemies of the USA to be dead. Just by coincidence, that is the only way that we could ever be at peace. Not that I want that, of course. I want our enemies dead because I want our enemies dead. Don’t you?

Really Right on October 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Really Right on October 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

But then we end up arguing among ourselves. Better to have liberals to want to kill, just a handful to show our kids that there is truly such a thing as stupidity and evil.

Might be more fun to put a handful of our enemies in a zoo to be looked at, studied, and mocked like monkeys throw their sh*t around their cages.

Liam on October 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Isn’t it interesting that MSNBC is now the only station that will give airtime to this certified gasbag putrid piece of crap?

I would love to see this Grayson goof try to take on someone like Bill O’Reilly. He would not last one minute!

pilamaye on October 21, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Really Right on October 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Shouldn’t you be on the Kathleen Parker “I want my ghanja” thread?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on October 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Believe this guy replaced Mark Foley after the dustup with emailing congressional pages. He’s from a R district in Palm Beach county and won’t be back in DC in 2010. That’s why he’s become Nancy’s mouthpiece.

Kissmygrits on October 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Nothing we haven’t heard before. In fact, I’d say this libtard is being relatively mild!

Dark-Star on October 21, 2009 at 9:12 PM

On bechalf of sencible Central Floridians, we apologize for this douchewad going to Congress.

Obama carried metro Orlando and Orange County by 17 points and this idiot rode his coat tails.

JohnBG on October 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM

You might want to check out the beginning of that clip,

Checked out the longer clip, and found this gem at 2:50,

“The Republicans operate simply by vilifying their enemies and nothing else.”

RINO in Name Only on October 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I’ll level with you: I know I’m supposed to be horribly offended by this, but…

Classic Allahpundit.

Sharke on October 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Kissmygrits on October 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM

No, he replaced Ric Keller in District 8, which is basically Orlando. Most of the establishment GOP in town is taking a pass on running against him (cf. skunk, pissing match). This guy Gutierrez who was mentioned up-thread is a transplant from South Florida.

It’s hard to imagine Grayson getting another term, but never underestimate the power of the GOP to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM