Alan Grayson: Fox News, GOP are the enemies of America, peace, puppies

posted at 7:51 pm on October 21, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, a belated edition to Michael Moynihan’s list of liberals who’ve recently questioned the patriotism of the right. I’ll level with you: I know I’m supposed to be horribly offended by this, but I find it impossible to take seriously anything that comes of this grandstanding idiot’s mouth. He’s so clearly relishing his role as the left’s new golden boy/attack dog that I half expect him to start bringing photos of Rush Limbaugh to his interviews so that he can tear them up halfway through. And yet, because the left can always be trusted to have a mock-outraged fainting spell whenever some conservative tosses a rhetorical grenade like this at them (has any Republican gone quite this far lately?), I’m obliged to flag it simply for tu quoque point-scoring purposes. The next time Michele Bachmann or whoever says something nutty and liberals are overcome by the vapors of how demagogic the GOP is, here’s your post to point back to.

I actually went over to MSNBC and watched the full exchange with Grayson to make sure that Ed Schultz didn’t challenge him on this, and sure enough, nope, he didn’t. You might want to check out the beginning of that clip, incidentally, as it features Grayson musing that 99 percent of Americans have the good sense not to watch Fox News. Um, buddy, do you realize which network you’re on here?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

P.S. People don’t actually read the comments, do they?

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Talk about attraction of opposites!
Her: Intelligent, witty, personable
Him: Reptilian, shrill, repulsive

Lurking Vet on October 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I saw Carville at DFW on Sunday – he looks even more reptilian in person.

But I do like his accent…

LASue on October 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM

So Grayson, if you can’t keep your seat in the next elections, you might try applying for the big top. You clown!

capejasmine on October 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM

P.S. People don’t actually read the comments, do they?

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Never ones from aninca any way.

Freddy on October 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Graysons a freak show!

MCGIRV on October 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Classic Allahpundit.

Sharke on October 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM

It’s definitely his answer to “Let me be clear.”

Ronnie on October 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Nancy has a new attack puppy, but his 15 minutes of fame are already up.

GarandFan on October 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Now, what happens when the majority of politicians in government think like this guy? Can you see how a once great nation could fall in ruin? No. Seriously. With people like this in charge of national security. Think.

apacalyps on October 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Mr. Olbermann goes to Washington.

bigjack on October 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM

He’s got a diary on dailykos today, clearly he’s just milking the moonbats for donations.

p0s3r on October 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM

The guy looks like Nixon after the brainwashing.

ddrintn on October 21, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Gotta hand it to the Democrats – they’re truly committed to diversity. They’ve even got space in their caucus for the developmentally challenged, an under-represented… uh… wait, never mind.

Red Cloud on October 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Someone should tell this one-man soundbite machine that sometimes, it’s better to slow down and let a soundbite work its way through before firing the next salvo. I was still mulling over the “Republicans want to kill Grandma” pitch when he moved on to “foot-dragging, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals” (can’t we mix up our verbs here?) and worse:

To recap, Republicans want you to die, Republicans are foot-dragging, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals, have no ideas on healthcare and are the embodiment of nattering nabobs of negativism. Got everything but the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy in there.

AFAIC, Grayson represents the clattering kebabs of collectivism. (Take that, schm-ck!)

His 15 minutes are almost up but there will be more to take his place so this nonsense will continue unabated until they either get the medical bills passed that they want, or someone meets them on the battleground and takes them down. Is anyone going to take the fight to these “kebabs”? I’m just not seeing it from the Republicans.

RD on October 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Grayson is off his meds again!

BigMike252 on October 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM

He’s actually a zombie.

PattyJ on October 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Another turd added to my Piss on Their Grave Tour for the future!

jwp1964 on October 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM

This tool’s children are named Skye, Star, Sage, Storm, & Stone. Hippie much?
He is a progressive who defeated a 4 term Republican incumbent in 2008. Hopefully the morons in Orlando will wise up and dump him next year.

ExcessivelyDiverted on October 21, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Another turd added to my Piss on Their Grave Tour for the future!jwp1964 on October 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Hear, Hear…

Claypigeon on October 21, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Deuchsland, deuschland, deuschland, uber alles…

babylonandon on October 21, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I always have a hard time taking any liberal seriously who tries the tough-guy routine. Liberals are just so effeminate. It just seems like Libtards always have an overabundance of estrogen and when they start with their screeching it just makes me laugh. It helps to explain why Grayson has man breasts though. He probably wears a “bro” (or is that a “manzier”?) It also explains why he gives his kids names like Skye and Star (although I heard that two of his kids were a product of his former group marriage, and, therefore, aren’t technically his.)

WarEagle01 on October 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM

As ddrintn said that he looked like Nixon but my first impression of this Greyson is that he reminds me of Lenoid Brezhnev. I can just see this guy in a fancy suit with all the stars across his pocket as Brezhnev had. By the way his own people made fun of him that. Its getting creepy, but I seriously think our free speech is just about over. Any criticism will be branded as hate or racist. The founding fathers didn’t worry about whether free speech offended King George the Third or anyone else.

garydt on October 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Anyone else think he looks about 20% Paul Krugman?

Sharke on October 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

really? really? I’m a registered Republican with a long history of voting for the person, not the party and this POS is declaring me the enemy??? really? really? who votes for this POS and how do I work against him? He is clearly deranged and not fit for office

Willie on October 21, 2009 at 11:10 PM

This loser is still trying to stay relevant…pathetic.

Dritanian on October 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Wait lets see The GOP are the ones who fight FOR America, they don’t say their sorry or do what they can to kill everything about the country, like the value of their money.

The GOP and the right wing fight more for the freedom of people than anyone else. We don’t stand by while dictators steal elections or try to change the laws to rule for ever.

The right and those who are church goes are also the most giving, odds are many of them give to the poor and the hurt and THE PUPPIES.

The only enemy here is Grayson, who is an enemy to anyone with a TV that has to see his horrid expressions and listen to the moronic things he has to say.

Does this fool not realize he’s on a network that has somewhere between 11 and 23 views, 9 of who work for the network?

Rbastid on October 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I just want to pat the little champ on his head. Seriously, his quotes should be added to any GOP ad.

It’s ok li’l guy.

Ampersand on October 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Grayson should be given a microphone and camera at every possible opportunity! Does anyone who is against the Obama administration really want him to go away?

Ampersand on October 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM

garydt on October 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

On second thought I think he looks like Richard Nixon’s and Fred MacMurray’s love child.

ddrintn on October 21, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I’ve said it before but allow me to say it again. This guy isn’t even the worst member of Congress from Central Florida.

JeffinOrlando on October 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Most people talk out of the other end.

Jerricho68 on October 22, 2009 at 12:05 AM

D E S P E R A T I O N!

Refined to concentrated levels of goo… or waste. Whichever.

Griz on October 22, 2009 at 12:46 AM

This guy is sooo easily baited it’s like fish in
barrel.

SNL could have a field day if they want to.

Texyank on October 22, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I hope this guy ends up as the hood ornament on someone’s runaway Mack truck.

How’s that for “peace,” you ugly, stupid, worthless phuck?

D2Boston on October 22, 2009 at 1:17 AM

alan gayson is an AZZCLOWN.

Griz on October 22, 2009 at 2:18 AM

It’s hard to get angry at someone like this. He’s just too funny.

Scrappy on October 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM

All the Republicans need to do is create a series of ads composed exclusively of back-to-back Grayson rants and Obama’s “take the pain pills” sound bite, throw in Pelosi’s imaginary swastikas, and it’ll be a political holocaust for the Democrats in 2010 and 2012.

Question is…will they?

Cylor on October 22, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Question is…will they?

Cylor on October 22, 2009 at 5:45 AM

They’d be stupid not to.

Socialist Democrats have LOST THEIR MINDS. And really, when one considers that they’ve got control of both the executive and legislative branches, there’s only one reason why they’d be freaking out. They’re insecure, and they’re scared.

They screwed themselves in the first three weeks of Obama’s presidency by passing the massive Porkulus bill. And every day, it seems, they add to their mistakes in a panicked effort to somehow make sense of nonsense.

Add to your suggested ads above a breakdown of all the stupid earmark spending, missing money, and a big fat national debt chart… and they’re cooked. They know it too. That’s why they’re having these emotional panic attacks on camera.

Oh… and I’m still waiting for Grayson to be frog-marched before Congress and censured for his accusations that Republicans want people to die if they get sick. But God bless ‘em, they’re nothing if not stupid. lolol
Now we get a two-fer, one ad for Grayson’s home district showing him behaving like a mental patient off his meds… and another for Pelosi’s, with her talking about “civil discourse”.

Mmmmm….mmm….mmmm.

Murf76 on October 22, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Grayson removes all doubt that liberalism is a mental disorder. This loon belongs in a padded cell instead of Congress. The hate mongerers who lose their own sanity in their quest for identity politics confirms that the ignorance of the American electorate has increased to the point that society is unsafe from itself.

volsense on October 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM

This guy is looking to take Obama’s place. He’s just as hateful against conservatives. But he’s speaking to Mr. Ed, the original horses ass, on a network that nobody watches, so we have to catch these idiotic statements on Hotair or youtube.

afotia on October 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Enemy of puppies, hmmmmm.
Puppies are small – so are varmints
Puppies are fuzzy – so are varmints
Puppies are Varmints
Hey, I’m just the messenger.

Blacksmith8 on October 22, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I’m embarrassed to admit that Grayson represents my district in Orlando. Of course I didn’t vote for him, but I would expect a lunatic this far out on the fringe to be from the Northeast or West/Northwest. I can’t explain how he got elected in the south except maybe because, like Obama, he was a smooth talking snake oil salesman during the election.

I know they say that it’s very difficult to unseat an incumbent, but I can’t imagine that this idiot will get re-elected. I’m guessing that he’ll wind up in Obama’s cabinet which is what I think he’s aiming for anyway.

orlandocajun on October 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Anyone else reminded of Joe McCarthy when this guy talks? And not in a good way.
Even just seeing his picture… guy gives me the willies.

therambler on October 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM

POS

bluegrass on October 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Doesn’t Grayson come from a rather competitive district? Wonder what the Fox-watching folks back home think of this…

Steve Z on October 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM

“Yes, my mom dresses me. So?”

Akzed on October 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Think he should take a History lesson on the rise of the Third Reich in Germany. His remarks and the policies/legislation/actions of this administration are like watching an instant replay.

hillbilly on October 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I seriously hope that all the idiots that ACORN managed to round up and corral to the polls to vote for Obama won’t bother to show up in 2010, since Obama won’t be on the ticket, and my neighbors in the Orlando area have the good sense to kick this sleazy sideshow act out of office, and hopefully send him packing back to the northeast, where the sewer systems are robust enough to handle this kind of waste.

And if he was really worried about the welfare of children, would he have named his own kids Skye, Star, Sage, Storm and Stone? Come on, that’s proof enough that the dude’s not all there, mentally speaking. Perhaps not coincidentally, he looks exactly like Billy Bob Thornton’s character in Slingblade, just not as well dressed…

Marauder on October 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I don’t think this guy is ON meds, but certainly needs to be heavily sedated.

Actually, these folks provide me with much amusement during the day. I don’t take them seriously and neither should voters with any intelligence. They know they are on the way out and they’re slinging everything they can, just like spoiled brats. It definitely won’t help them and may hasten their departure. (fingers crossed)

blr2449 on October 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Pelosi is putting this buffoon up to this. I’d bet dollars to donuts.

marklmail on October 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM

He is an ugly SOB, isn’t he? Regardless of political positions, who elects crazy people? I’d like to have a heart to heart with his constituents…it’s beyond logic.

Asher on October 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Grayson must be getting traction with this or he wouldn’t keep doing it.

Doesn’t the Republican Party realize that this is what the Democrats have been doing to them all along?

No wonder the Republican Party has almost no young members. Kids are influenced by the type of plain talk they hear from Grayson. Especially when all they hear from Republicans is “my esteemed colleague”. It makes the Republicans sound disingenuous and cowardly to young people.

When Republicans are slandered every day and dragged through the filth every day by Democrats like Grayson, and they have no response, it makes it seem that Grayson is telling the truth about them.

jay12 on October 22, 2009 at 12:04 PM

This guy is a moron! Actually, the term”useful idiot” comes to mind.
What kind of people elect these tools? Whomever you elect, they represent the people in your state. They are in public, showing the world who YOU are as constituents. How embarrassing!

hopefloats on October 22, 2009 at 12:07 PM

This CRIMINAL
This vile piece of ass wipe
This CRETIN
These CROOKS
these leftist TRAITORS
DARE DARE DARE
To call all of us
LEGAL US citizens
LEGAL gun owners
LEGAL law abiding NON drug using citizens
LEGAL REGISTERED VOTERS
and US veterans
They DARED to call all of us
ENEMIES of their God Damned FACIST STATE!!!
BULLSHIT..

Thats it..
The DEMOCRATS ARE THE TRAITORS
The LIBERALS are the ENEMY
The News organizations all of the EXCEPT fox news
Are the propagana arm of al-quedia and the communists..

SCREW YOU..
I will NOT sit here and TAKE this VILE BULLSHIT..
I will NOT stand for it..

Either FIRE this God Damned CREEP or ELSE..

veteranoutrage on October 22, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Anyone else reminded of Joe McCarthy when this guy talks?

I’m the hunted one here. You think too highly of me, kid.”

Chris_Balsz on October 22, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Mickey Kaus asks …

Maybe it’s all about raising money from the base by riling it up. It’s late October, after all. Dems (and Dem consultants) need dollars. And those campaign fundraising dollars haven’t been “materializing as much as expected.” Just a thought. … One clue: Does the FOX War last much past Election Day, or does it mysteriously wind down?

J_Crater on October 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Alan Grayson: Fox News, GOP are the enemies of America, peace, puppies

ALAN GRAYSON IS A MENTAL CASE, moreover:
BEING A DEMOCRAT = HAVING A MENTAL DISORDER

byteshredder on October 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM

bigjack beat me to it. Mr. Olbermann goes to Washington. This guy is a completely brainwashed tool……amateur to boot….

adamsmith on October 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Just another time that the word “FUGLY” comes to mind…

Ltlgeneral64 on October 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM

jay12 on October 22, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I hate to say it, but I think you’re right.

Cylor on October 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Is there a grant program from Soros for being the most radical Democrat?

Cybergeezer on October 23, 2009 at 9:14 AM

’m in this douchebag’s district.

I wish I could tell you the GOP is on top of things and preparing a viable challenge to him, or that there were lots of people scrambling to take him on.

But if I did that, I’d be lying.

Purple Fury on October 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! how is that humanly possible?; Grayson is so profoundly crazy my dog should be able to win there!!

Willie on April 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM