Gingrich on endorsing Scozzafava: I know I’m right

posted at 6:09 pm on October 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Good luck in the primaries, buddy.

“I endorsed the Republican who has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association, opposes the Obama health plan, signed the ‘no-tax-increase’ pledge, and supports a comprehensive energy plan like I do,” says Gingrich.

Third-party candidates like conservative Doug Hoffman, Scozzafava’s challenger, often serve only to divide the GOP, says Gingrich. “Just look at what’s happening in New Jersey’s gubernatorial race,” he says, pointing to the campaign of independent candidate Chris Daggett, who has siphoned support from Republican candidate Chris Christie. “What’s happening in New York and in New Jersey should be a sober warning to every purist in this country.”

“If you seek to be a perfect minority, you’ll remain a minority,” says Gingrich.

In other words, he’s treating this race as a litmus test to prove how big-tent the GOP can be. But … why? There’s no good reason to make this district, which should be a safe Republican seat, into a bellwether. Get a conservative elected and then find some socially liberal libertarians in purple districts to champion next year. Like Ace says, Scozzafava is so questionable that it’s not clear whether she’d be better than the Democrat, and since this is a special election, she’s probably looking at another challenge from Doug Hoffman a year from now anyway. I don’t get why Gingrich is digging in here: If he runs for president, this’ll be used against him by Romney et al., and if he doesn’t run for president, it’ll hurt his standing among conservatives as a senior statesman/spokesman for the party. Mystifying.

Meanwhile, it turns out that Scozzafava’s own husband was the one who called the cops on John McCormack after he dared ask her a few questions in the parking lot. (Quote from a Scozzafava spokesman: “I have no doubt he intended to follow her home, too. His actions were reprehensible.”) Um, if her husband was right there, what was he so worried about? Did he think McCormack was going to pull a gun or something? More background from Bill Kristol, defending his reporter:

Let me emphasize: I have full confidence in the truth of John’s account. And I won’t allow a desperate campaign to try to tarnish the fine reputation John has built as a fair and accurate reporter — and, for that matter, a very decent and mild-mannered young man.

As it happens, I was standing near John’s desk in the office this past Friday. The phone rang. It was Scozzafava campaign spokesman Matt Burns, who didn’t like something John had reported, and started yelling abusively at him the moment he answered the phone. We could hear Mr. Burns ten feet away. I gather Mr. Burns called later to apologize. I suppose John would accept another apology by the Scozzafava campaign. But it really would be better not to start down the road of berating reporters for accurately reporting the facts, or of calling the police when your candidate doesn’t like the questions reporters are asking.

She’s bad on the issues and bad with the media? No wonder Hoffman’s urging her to quit the race. Well played, Newt.

Update: Actually, here’s the real reason Hoffman’s nudging her. She’s out of gas:

What all sides seem to agree on is that Scozzafava is fading — whether slightly or badly depends on which candidate you support — due largely to her inability to raise enough money to defend herself from attacks from the right (from Hoffman/Club) and the left (from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

While none of the three candidates have filed fundraising reports with the Federal Election Committee yet, it’s an open secret among Republicans that Scozzafava has badly underperformed in the money chase and, as a result, is barely a presence at all on television in the final 14 days of the race.

The Scozzafava fade — assuming it continues — will create a new group of undecided voters for Owens and Hoffman to try and cherry-pick.

Update: Equal time for Newt. Does this make it better? A little?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You’re washed up, Gingrich, if you think this is a good idea. Democrats WANT you to pick a very liberal “Republican” and run it so they can have another Olympia Snowe. They can’t get elected being Democrats anymore since they’ve burnt their bridges.

Enoxo on October 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM

he lost his standing awhile ago IMO

cmsinaz on October 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I hope Scuzzy is toast and Hoffman can beat this RINO. I am glad the consertives are coming out and running. Screw the RINO’s why should we be stuck with people like Scuzzy if the dems want her to win, let them have her.

Brat4life on October 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM

This really is the last straw for me regarding Newt…he’s been too cozy with Hillary and many other reprehensible Dems in the past…it’s weird and belies he credentials as a nominal head of the Conservative movement…and no, he’s dead wrong here…again!

AUINSC on October 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Why can’t it be the other way around? If you want us to vote GOP, get a conservative or enjoy being the minority party! A$$hole.

javamartini on October 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Hey Newt. You’re wrong. And it doesn’t matter if you’re right or not, LET THE VOTERS DECIDE.

hawksruleva on October 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Newt has lost all perspective.

darwin on October 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

just goes to show that newt is as relevant as scozzafava. And her husband should be ashamed of himself: If he truly thought his wife was at risk, why didn’t he physically protect her?

A liar married to a wimp. Great choice for the big tent there, newt! And clearly another indicator of the NRA’s hearing defects…

HBowmanMD on October 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

The Scozzafava fade

keep fading away…

cmsinaz on October 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Sign any pledge under the sun. It is ACTIONS that show RESULTS that matter. Actions of hugging liberal ideas will not RESULT in a GOP canidate winning an election. (psst. ask McCain how that worked for him!)

Goodbye Newt you have marginalized yourself. It was nice knowing you!

Rndguy on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Class, meet RINO. RINO, meet the class.

nyx on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Well newt, I will mute you as I do bho everytime I see you on the tube. Man, what a guy! The good old boys are alive and well in America. NO MONEY for rnc from our house.
L

letget on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

This really is the last straw for me regarding Newt

AUINSC on October 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Plus he toes the global warming line.

darwin on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

What number wife is old “family values” Grinchgrich on?

noblejones on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Is Newt just simply uninformed and unaware?

Or, is he actually that stupid?

I just can’t be certain about anything anymore these days.

SilverStar830 on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

In a situation like this, the voters have to decide. That is all there is to it. Let the people make the decision and everyone else can just but out.

Terrye on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Doesn’t Newt have another photo-op with Al Sharpton to attend?

JammieWearingFool on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Gingrich is simply a machine Republican who would support Mao is he was selected by Republican Elites…he has forgotten who gave him power in the first place and therefore is not irrelevant.

JIMV on October 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Gingrich still has standing with conservatives. I don’t think there are many conservatives who listen to Gingrich anymore. He has shown himself to be about as conservative as GWB, and that ain’t very conservative.

Sporty1946 on October 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Clock is ticking on the mass exodus of conservatives from the party. The old guard doesn’t think we’ll leave. But I’m reaching the point where I’d rather get out of the abusive relationship, even if it helps Democrats.

I’d rather have communists that I can oppose in good conscience than GOP RINOs that abuse the trust of their voters.

hawksruleva on October 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Well, that just says it all…way to call it Newt!

AUINSC on October 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM

He doesn’t believe that his principles can win. Fine, we can do without him and his loud mouth.

AbaddonsReign on October 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM

That’s completely disingenuous, Mr. Gingrich. You should know better than that.

Weight of Glory on October 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Bye, Newt.

Free Constitution on October 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Newt is the same idiot that said “the era of Reagan is over.”

Put a fork in this guy, he’s done.
Continue chilling with Al Sharpton and Nancy Pelosi.

cubachi on October 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Newt was on Boortz this morning plugging his new book. I was hoping Boortz would call him in this but it didn’t come up.

Drop dead Newt, you f-ing sellout piece of crap.

Monica on October 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Doesn’t Newt have another photo-op with Al Sharpton to attend?

JammieWearingFool on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

But it’s all about a plan to “fix schools”. By which they mean “squeeze billions more out of taxpayers for crappy schools”.

hawksruleva on October 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Didn’t Lee Atwater say that once?

portlandon on October 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Sometimes Newt confuses me. I normally love the dude, but come on. Really?

lorien1973 on October 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I hope Hannity doesn’t have Newt on endorsing her. Hannity was full in with Steele as chairmen, I hope he learned something.

fourdeucer on October 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM

But you won’t be a CORRUPT minority, at least. If you want Conservatives to start a 3rd party, fine. If that means Dems getting elected, fine. I’m tired of selling out.

hawksruleva on October 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I’m so disappointed in Newt.

Buy Danish on October 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM

The Scozzafava fade

I know her haircut is bad, but I don’t think it’s Name-Worthy Bad.

/mean

Abby Adams on October 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Plus he toes the global warming line.

darwin on October 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Yep…I stopped paying attention to him quite a while back…but now he’s butting into political races and making a fool of himself by directly endorsing a liberal loser of a candidate. He’s just irredeemable in my eyes now…he’s gone from irrelevant to actively irritating.

AUINSC on October 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

And someone from Newt’s PAC called a while back asking for cash to defeat dems.. why do that if you’re supporting the same ideas? Not in my party.

Newt: Please go away.

Zippy_Slug on October 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Newt is dead to me.

rivlax on October 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Is there a list somewhere of all the candidates the establishment Repugs have backed? What has their opinion and support of these liberal/RINO’s brought the Party and the country? Stop giving money to the GOP and start giving it to candidates that are truly conservative. We are going to have to do what Reagan did and bypass the Party in order to save this country and our children.

Sporty1946 on October 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

No,Newt,on this you are wrong buddy! I am sick of moderates!!Ugh,they are like lukewarm water!You are not a conservative if you are pushing her. Go play tiddlywinks with Hannity,he loves to have you on his show so much.Actually,I wonder where Sean stands on this.

ohiobabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

As for why Newt is getting involved in this, I doubt if it is even about this particular race. He made mention of the NJ Governor race…I think he was hoping for several Republican wins to take the winds out of the sails of the DNC..and if two races go down in a three party split with the Democrat winning a plurality..I think he fears that will hurt the party beyond these particular races.

And he might be right from a tactical point of view. But you still have to let the voters decide and stay out of it.

Terrye on October 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

How do you spell Newt?

s-e-l-l-o-u-t

thirteen28 on October 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I used to really like Newt and agree with a lot of his views. I am not really liking what he is saying so much anymore. I am losing respect for him.

ReneePA on October 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Enough with Newt Gingrich!

At best he’s a right leaning Libertarian, and at worst he is an ego-driven political whore who can be bought by the highest bidder.

If CPAC has him speak next year, then they are just as clueless as he is.

Joe Pyne on October 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM

The exciting thing is, ALL old school Republican ‘leaders’, ‘spokesmen’ and ‘elites’ are being ignored by the base more and more every day. The folk who made the party number 2 by compromising, failing to engage, and ignoring their voters demands are no longer relevant…they simply do not matter. Does anyone anywhere still give them money or read their fundraisers? My family has not in 4 years…

JIMV on October 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Does anyone know anything about Reid’s opponent in Nevada?

ohiobabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM

All this “big tent” crap from Newt and the rest of the GOP is hogwash. The democrats have the most restrictive party in town and if you step out of line they destroy or “disappear” you.

darwin on October 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM

This what I don’t get about the GOP supporting Scozzafava. I could see her being a good candidate in a lot of other districts in New York, especially downstate. But the North Country? Probably the most reliably conservative district in the entire state?

This is a joke. The GOP wonders why they are losing ground in upstate New York? This is why. You treat us like we’re the same as uber-liberal New York City – you either ignore us or settle for less-than-adequate candidates.

Red Cloud on October 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Why, because Newt needs his TV friends.

tarpon on October 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Newt is right on a lot of issues. But this endorsement is just plain wrong.

I myself would rather have a conservative representing me than a liberal Republican who does not represent any of my values.

Remember Newt’s endorsement when his PAC calls for a donation!!

texasconserv on October 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM

A RINO pimping for a RINO. Where have we seen that pathetic story-line before?

Shutup and sitdown Newt – squishes are hurting our country.

Ogabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM

In my two vote household, Gingrich has become irrelevant. This incredibly bad choice was the final straw.

GoldenEagle4444 on October 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Newt, your a country club idiot. Your thinking in such matters did not serve YOU well. Stick to writing books.

dogsoldier on October 20, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Newt, sitting on a bench with race/poverty pimp Sharpton, talking about global frickin’ warming did it for me some time ago.

Like an employee you just need to let go, “Thanks, Newt, for your service over the years, but we’ve made some changes around here, and need some new management to make it work.”

TXUS on October 20, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I don’t know what’s more disturbing. Fat Rangel sleeping on a beach in the Caribbean or Newt and Nazi sitting next to each other?

Caper29 on October 20, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Freakin sell out.

The way to attract people to the party is NOT to bastardize your beliefs, or part of them to attract greater support.

The way to do it is solidify what your party platform is AND STICK TO IT. People that agree with more of your platform than that of your opponent will swallow their minor differences and side with you, and you will have more solid support for your party and platform.

Here we go, on the road to another f’king election full of RINOs. I think I’m going to stick to voting for independent candidates if this is what the GOP is going to do. “F” you, RINO cretins.

Spiritk9 on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I’d rather be a minority than have vote whores like Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, Lindsey Graham (Sotomayor and amnesty and cap and tax), and McCain (amnesty).
At least without RINOS, the democrats OWN the sack of sh*t they’re trying to sell to the voters. They can’t claim ‘bi-partisanship.

HornetSting on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

If you seek to be mediocre you remain mediocre.

fourdeucer on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

’m tired of RINOS selling out.

hawksruleva on October 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM

FIFY

rebuzz on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Newt is a disgrace. These positions taint not only whatever he did, but poison anything conservative he will attempt in the future. At this point, the best thing for us would be if he disappeared from politics.

AnotherOpinion on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

What decided it for me was a few months ago M/Malkin had an article about he and sharpton cozying up on an overseas trip!Now why would you want anything to do with the race baiter unless he’s trying to get all the a/americans on his side. Hey Newt,they are Americans,not african,not irish ,not mexican just Americans!

ohiobabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Michelle is absolutely right, and if she is true to her beliefs, she will refuse to support CPAC, the GOP, or any other right of center outfit that invites this purple dinosaur to speak.

The only way true Conservatives can separate themselves from this circus of “big tent” moderation is to take a stand, and demand accountability from these organizations that claim to represent Conservatives.

If they aren’t conservative, then don’t invite them to speak, or vote on the board. They don’t have to agree with every single line of the organization, but Gingrich is simply outside the mainstream of foundational conservative thought.

Joe Pyne on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Newt lost his cred with me a long while ago.I sent Hoffman money twice over the weekend…

Buckeye Babe on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

So … he’s a DC Machine Politician with no discernible ideals then? Super good.

TheUnrepentantGeek on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Newt. And Nancy Pelosi. And Al Sharpton.
Newt, you’re finished.

HornetSting on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Gingrich. Shark. Jumped.

Maquis on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

It’s not just Gingrich, it’s the RNC who is more interested in numbers than ideology. An great example of that is how the RNC has supported people like Specter over the years even though he has often voted on the Dem side and now has defected to the Dems.

docdave on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

If you seek to be mediocre you remain mediocre.

fourdeucer on October 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM

If you settle for less (=RINO’s) you will always be less-er.

rebuzz on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Newt Gingrich wasted over 1 million dollars of RNC house money to defeat Ron Paul in the republican primary in 1996. He spent the money on a Democrat who had agreed to become a Republican for this election for the first time.

Pat Buchanan and Steve Forbes came to TX-14 to campaign for Paul and against the Gingrich.

Paul still won despite Gingrich blowing a cool million on the fiasco.

So Gingrich has a long history of doing this.

Spathi on October 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM

How do you spell Newt?

s-e-l-l-o-u-t

thirteen28 on October 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

bill30097 on October 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM

signed the ‘no-tax-increase’ pledge,

A no tax pledge. FU Gingrich! What do you call the coming inflation via the stimulus she supported! Argh!!! Destroy the machine Republicans at the local level, then replace the national leadership!!! AAAAHHHH!!!! Lemme see your war face!!

Fu$% these fools!! I feel like going to the next San Diego GOP meeting just to shout them down!

Theworldisnotenough on October 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM

What makes you think you have the last word Newt? You’re history,stay away!

ohiobabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM

The Other McCain on October 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

That Thompson interview was pretty sad. The GOP really isn’t dead, isn’t it? Thompson sure sounded like she thought so. Cavuto seemed like he’d rather have the GOP win (even if it weren’t a real small government person) rather than have a D win. I thought he was a little more principled.

lorien1973 on October 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM

“Newt” has become a 4-letter swear word in my household.

If he wants to run in 2012 he should join Frum’s Irrelevant Party.

Norwegian on October 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Wow, I am so done with Newt. Another GOP/Whig fraud.

james23 on October 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM

“If you seek to be a perfect minority, you’ll remain a minority.”

What a dishonest and lame straw man. No one, certainly not any appreciable number of Republicans, are seeking a “perfect minority”. This woman is to the left of many democrats. Why don’t you go back to preaching “Global Warming”, Newt.

MB4 on October 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Didn’t Gingrich call the Club For Growth cannibals? I wish I could put a Toomey sticker on Newt’s car, how you like them apples bit#h?

Theworldisnotenough on October 20, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Newt has spent too much time inside the beltway

d-mitch on October 20, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Newt has jumped the shark.

dKap on October 20, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I sent Hoffman money twice over the weekend…

Buckeye Babe on October 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Us too,have never donated before this year,also giving to Rubio. Anyone know who is running against Reid and if they are good anough to beat him?Honestly I have to believe Nevadans surely want him out of there.

ohiobabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Glenn Beck you out there? Get a debate between Newt and Pat Toomey.

Theworldisnotenough on October 20, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Newt is an excellent strategist but a poor politician. Newt – just come up with all your ideas and then run them by us. We will let you know which ones are good and which ones are bad. Deal?

huckleberryfriend on October 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I’m no purist, but this woman supports card check, for God’s sake! How in the hell could anyone who stands so much as an inch to the right of the center support government-sanctioned union thuggery to pump up union numbers? On that issue alone, she shouldn’t be a candidate in a district that is likely to go GOP anyway.

IN FACT, good strategy would have been to run a conservative — because a win was so likely — and then have the “conservatives rising” narrative to ride into 2010. If Michael Steele has any brains at all, he’ll go all in trying to get her to stand down so Hoffman can cruise in for the win. The GOP is just a mess.

Rational Thought on October 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM

What’s that buzzing noise?

This guy’s been irrelevent in my household for years.

tickleddragon on October 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I wish I could put a Toomey sticker on Newt’s car,
Lol! I’d put an o/biden sticker on it!

ohiobabe on October 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Gingrich on endorsing Scozzafava: I know I’m right

Actually you’re left ! Which is the last thing this party needs!

Take a hike, marshmallow-head!

DLTDHYITAOTWO

cableguy615 on October 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Newt has lost all perspective.

darwin on October 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Like all party members what matters most is whether you have an R or D on your hat. It is about retaining or regaining power. Every 2/4 years they trotted out the same old lines about this and that and when they get elected all the did was $#!t and shat.

thomasaur on October 20, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I’d vote for Huckasquirrel before Newt.

I really would……don’t test me people!!

omnipotent on October 20, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Hey, wasn’t Newt the guy sitting on the couch with Pelosi? He didn’t he support global warming agenda?

Why would anyone think Newt was a conservative anymore?

aigle on October 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I think it’s quite possible that the GOP is dead at this point. It’s like a corpse at a “weekend at bernies” sort of affair. The RINO as$hats are holding up this stinking, rotting corpse and calling it a ‘big tent’, bastardizing conservative ideology just to get back into a power position.

CLUE YOU FRIGGIN CRETINS: THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT.

We want an actual small, accountable government that absolutely abhors getting on our backs or in our pockets, so IT DOESN’T DO IT….EVER.

If newt’s crew gets back in, they’ll just make a promise and sign a contract….again….and go right back to being liberals as they were in ’94. AGAIN.

Screw them. I’m not voting for a dead ticket.

Spiritk9 on October 20, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Mystifying if correct.

Unless the fear is that one independent bid could lead to another, as conservatives develop a taste for that sort of game.

In which case these actions still are not the solution. I think the message conservatives are starting to send back is “yes, you’re right–we are going to lose. And so are you. You blink first, pal, because we are tired of it.”

Having said that, conservatives will eventually have to prioritize their desires, seek first that which prevents attainment of the others, and realize others may be better suited to achievement via hearts and minds rather than governmental action.

Horatius on October 20, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Mystifying is correct.

Horatius on October 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM

What in the heck has happened to Newt? It’s like some liberal is walking around in a Newt-Suit. I used to think he was a conservative genius but he seems to have had his spine removed. Did he do something in his personal life that compromised his views so he has decided to make sell-out.

Mormon Doc on October 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Gingrich is brilliant, but he is an old guard Republican…he forgot what brought him fame. Being a real conservative and poking his finger in the eye of the liberals.
We loved him for tweaking the liberals, and so did the “moderates”…but, alas, he has become just another cocktail Republican, and dances with the news elites…and the elites no so much more then us common folk.

right2bright on October 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Newt has lost all perspective.

darwin on October 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

But…but..Newt makes such Great Ronald Reagan video. Or he is trying to get money by invoking Reagan for his own financial gain.

portlandon on October 20, 2009 at 6:45 PM

aigle on October 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Yep. Newt jumped the shark with Speaker (I-see-swastikas and the CIA lies) Pelosi. He made his couch and now he must lay upon it.

clorensen on October 20, 2009 at 6:46 PM

This is the way Newt has always been. He’ll be talking one day impressively on values and ideas that strike a conservative chord and next thing you know…WHAM…he’s telling us how swell Hillary Clinton is. After his footsie with the Clintons and the like (going beyond cordial professionalism to goofy “see how fair I am?!” crapola) this endorsement certainly isn’t surprising. His timing couldn’t be worse.

Stupid.

KittyLowrey on October 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Could it be his being unfaithful to his wife has effected him more than he would admit?

Conservative Voice on October 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM

BTW, there is no doubt Doug Hoffman can be wooed over to the Republican, at least on the votes, and that is what counts.
Newt would rather have another Spectre then a Doug, just to garner the “R’s”.
Newt, and I or an R, there is an “I” and an “R” in Conservative.

right2bright on October 20, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I do not get why Newt is endorsing libtard lizardlady .??
I have every belief that NY is conservative victory.

hawkman on October 20, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Around Boston in the mid 1990′s I saw a lot of “Neuter Newt” bumperstickers. It pissed me off at the time but sounds good now. Newt needs to STFU!

farright on October 20, 2009 at 6:48 PM