Fox News: Yesterday’s off-the-record briefing with Obama included Olby and Maddow

posted at 9:19 pm on October 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via chicostien, an intriguing little scooplet from tonight’s Political Grapevine. Skip ahead to 2:40 for the relevant bit. I can’t find confirmation on Google News that a briefing was even held, let alone who attended, but Baier says they’ve got confirmation from a White House official so oh well. Bush did this sort of thing too, mind you, but I don’t recall him doing it in the midst of a vendetta he was running against an opposition media outlet, never mind with one of the most vocal critics of that outlet in American media in attendance. Flashback fun from 2006:

Keith Olbermann, in opening teaser: “The born again and the born talkers: The President takes 90 minutes worth of your taxpayer dollars to entertain right-wing radio yackers in the Oval Office, and will set up a radio row for them on the White House grounds next week.”…

Olbermann: “I’ve got a question for you about the Military Commissions Act, too, but let’s finish off this episode first. In January, the President consulted with 13 former Secretaries of State and Defense about Iraq, spoke for 40 minutes, allowed discussion for 5 to 10 minutes. The figures for the 5 conservative radio show people is double that. is there an explanation of that that does not include the President using the Oval Office for purely political purposes and even indirectly for political fund-raising?”

Hard to say how “purely political” this was without knowing who else was there. CNN? WSJ? Maybe I missed it in my Googling. E-mail me if you saw something about it and I’ll update.

Below the Baier clip you’ll find a mock ad from yesterday’s “Countdown.” Just for context.

Update: In fairness to Obama, if this really was some strategy session about attacking Fox, would there be any need to include Olby? The guy once dropped eight fat jokes about Roger Ailes in a seven-minute segment. I think he’s already mastered this script.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Look! Allah’s actually h/t-ing now. Change?

rinohumper on October 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

hasn’t he always h/t’ed

or given handies?

blatantblue on October 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Sh*t still rolls down hill.

hawkman on October 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Okay i HATE Keith Olbermann with a PASSION….

….but that second clip, the “mock ad” from MSNBC was FUNNY and SELF DEPRECRATING.

Amazing, msnbc :) you did it! Even Keith-O knows how much fox destroys him every night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(watch the second clip)

battleoflepanto1571 on October 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

hasn’t he always h/t’ed

or given handies?

blatantblue on October 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

He does when it’s Ace, or one of his man friends.

But the peasants? Never! Handies might be even more far-fetched.

The biggest steal/non-H/T is still the Mom Jeans thing.

rinohumper on October 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM

“David Hoffman?”

I don’t know what special election they’re covering, but I daresay that Doug Hoffman should keep his eye out.

KingGold on October 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM

When it comes to the One, Olby would go gay and Maddow would go straight.

Daemonocracy on October 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I can’t prove it…but if you wanted to bet $1000…I would say that Obama is coordinating with MSNBC in his attack against Fox. Sure, it’s stupid on many levels…but these guys don’t do competent.

AUINSC on October 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I can’t believe we are only 9 months into this administration…..

Dr Evil on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Well at least Obermann’s reasoning for being number one makes more sense that that convoluted crap that Beck played on his radio show. How great is it to have POTUS change the designation of the competition so that they are excluded? Now if Mr. Obama would act like s president others of us could be as impressed.

Cindy Munford on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

The biggest steal/non-H/T is still the Mom Jeans thing.

The very first time I mentioned the mom jeans, I linked directly to the Twitterer I got it from. Here’s the post. Now quit smearing me.

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I can’t believe we are only 9 months into this administration…..

Dr Evil on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

But the party has just begun! /s

PrincipledPilgrim on October 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Has Olby looked in the mirror recently? I guess it takes one to know one.

Lance Murdock on October 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Nope, because even though the media HATED Bush, he didn’t push back at all… Something I’ve always argued was a mistake and led to his poor approval ratings and lame duck status. Obama on the other hand gets media fellatio from virtually every outlet, yet they can’t stop crying about how mean the media is.

RightWinged on October 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

That’s the first time I’ve watched something from MSNBC that made me smile.

As for the other clip, are we supposed to be surprised? I think Obama handed in his mop for a shovel long ago.

Keep digging your political grave, Barry.

NebCon on October 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Yesterday’s off-the-record briefing with Obama included Olby and Maddow

Briefing? No, they were there to get their merit badges from the news police czar.

b3026 on October 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

BTW I drove past Red Hill Cemetery today, where Claude Rains is still rotating in mid air above his grave.

Del Dolemonte on October 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Harry Reid’s adviser:

“I expect [Reid] to vaporize Lowden or Tarkanian or who(m)ever is the opponent.”

Glad they used square brackets, rather than parentheses, to indicate their editorial intrusion at the beginning; but the second bit, striking the grammatical hypercorrection, should have been “who{m}ever”.

(“Ah, the kids these days…”)

Tzetzes on October 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Allah, seriously – if I hear you say “In fairness to [insert leftist scumbag]” I’m going to puke. I think Andrew Klavan said it best:

That logic is implacable too. Free people can treat each other justly, but they can’t make life fair. To get rid of the unfairness among individuals, you have to exercise power over them. The more fairness you want, the more power you need. Thus, all dreams of fairness become dreams of tyranny in the end

Stop trying to be fair to leftists. Be truthful. Be just. Stop giving them a pass on every hateful, illogical, corrupt, evil action they take.

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Update: In fairness to Obama, if this really was some strategy session about attacking Fox, would there be any need to include Olby? The guy once dropped eight fat jokes about Roger Ailes in a seven-minute segment. I think he’s already mastered the script, Barry.

You are way too nuanced…they are far dumber than you still think they are.

AUINSC on October 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Oh, Allah, is Mr. Olbermann someone who should be making fat jokes? Maybe he doesn’t own any mirrors.

Cindy Munford on October 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

notice how he doesn’t address the issue of handies.

peculiar.

blatantblue on October 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM

rinohumper on October 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Not new, move along and take you’re bile with ya. k.thx.

Midas on October 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Standing by for that “in fairness to Palin” moment.

fogw on October 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I can’t believe we are only 9 months into this administration…..

Dr Evil on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I say this every day. I can’t believe we have these clowns for 4 years. I simply cannot believe that my country did this last November. I just can’t believe it. I thought it would be bad. It’s turning out worse than I could ever have imagined.

Rational Thought on October 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Update: In fairness to Obama,

Who the f**k is interested in being “fair” to the filthy rat bastard traitor and lying coward in the White House?

Seriously, I’d be interested in defending fairness for Barry after he has launched an attack against his biggest source of dissent among the news outlets.

Good news to me is that it appears that FNC isn’t rolling over and becoming another member of the propaganda machine which is largely defined by the NYT, WaPo, ABC, NBC, CNN and associated outlets like MSNBC.

highhopes on October 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Hmph.

Haven’t watched CNN or MSNBC in years.
So that’s what Rachel Maddow looks like. Yeesh – I thought she’d at least be semi-cute, with all the yakkin’ that goes on about her.

uncivilized on October 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

So MSNBC is # 1 because Rhambo and Asslrod said so one fine sunday afternoon ?
Its nice to know that WH gets its talking points from the 3 wise men of MSNBC (Leaky, Whinny and Spitty)They have trained Gibbs well

macncheez on October 20, 2009 at 9:41 PM

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Then it wouldn’t be the Allahpundit we’ve come to know and sometimes respect and sometimes despise.

highhopes on October 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Take it easy, Ms. Sensitive. This guy seems to agree with me.

rinohumper on October 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Roger Ailes is a wonderful figure in our time/history. He quietly and cheerfully laughs all the way, driving his adversaries completely insane. That includes our Pretender in Chief.

Best of all – this avalanche against Fox came on the heels of Axelturd trying to intimidate a giant. Just imagine how funny that meeting must have been.

I love that Axelrod looks like…well…he just does, and doesn’t know it.

Schadenfreude on October 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Standing by for that “in fairness to Palin” moment.

fogw on October 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

At a minimum, you should take a seat if you are going to be waiting for that.

highhopes on October 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I don’t remember Bush having a vendetta against a media outlet in the first place.

beachgirlusa on October 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Olby for White House Press Secretary!

Think of the content Allah, think of it!

ThePrez on October 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Queef made a funny.

Monica on October 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Is the MSNBC thing for real?

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

New ACORN video coming out tomorrow… w00t… it’s Philly too…

ninjapirate on October 20, 2009 at 9:50 PM

But the peasants? Never! Handies might be even more far-fetched.

I have no idea what Handies are, but I know allah gives cred. He did to me.

MayBee on October 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

New ACORN video coming out tomorrow… w00t… it’s Philly too…

ninjapirate on October 20, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Do you have a source? If so, can you share?

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I never watch KO. I think that blogs elevate these pudits.without real reason.

I don’t even click on blogs that make his stuff the subject. Nor for me, Beck.

I just avoid all of the nonsense.

AnninCA on October 20, 2009 at 9:54 PM

beachgirlusa on October 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

You don’t recall this from 2000:

“There’s Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times.”

I would add, however, that once elected GWB never created a situation where some organizations got favored treatment and others were so blatantly excluded.

highhopes on October 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I can’t believe we are only 9 months into this administration…..

Dr Evil on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

But the party has just begun! /s

PrincipledPilgrim on October 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Joe Caps on October 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

he biggest steal/non-H/T is still the Mom Jeans thing.

Huh?

What are you guys talking about? Allah quotes and links and mentions other blogs all the time

Am i missing something????

battleoflepanto1571 on October 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Considering the ineptitude and failure of the Obama administration and it’s policies, I think it is safe to say that not only did Obama probably coordinate with olberman/maddow, they are probably setting his agenda.

They both have the same track record when you compare MSNBC’s ratings and Obama’s track record so far……EPIC FAIL.

Baxter Greene on October 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I never watch KO. I think that blogs elevate these pudits.without real reason.

I don’t even click on blogs that make his stuff the subject. Nor for me, Beck.

I just avoid all of the nonsense.

AnninCA on October 20, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I think the saddest thing I have seen in over a year is the full left tilt machine over at LGF. No longer race detectives, they are now full time goreball warming detectives. What gives?

What could turn a good man like cj, a logical and contemplative thinker to fling his reputation and integrity so far left that the blog of all blogs is now rendered unrecognizable? I wish he’d just make a statement and come out to all the pajama’s media people and explain the rationale.

/shaking head.

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I know!!!

I can’t take it!!

CJ the Hall Monitor is now also the Global Mean Temperature Reader now.

blatantblue on October 20, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I can’t believe we are only 9 months into this administration…..

Dr Evil on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hahaha!
Nice try, but I still believe that this is some nightmare from which I will shortly awaken.
No matter how convincing you might sound, you dream characters can’t fool me into believing that anything this absurd is actually real.

justltl on October 20, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Joe Caps, that is the most inane I’ve seen this Pretender in Chief. At least he didn’t say “I’m no ways tared”, like Hillary.

But he sure thinks he’s hot shiite – actually he is all hot air. There’s not much btw. those ears, just narcissism. How die we get to here? This is embarrassing.

Schadenfreude on October 20, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Do you have a source? If so, can you share?

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

The Boss has the scoop.

uknowmorethanme on October 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM

handies?h/t? Please enlighten an old fart.

katy the mean old lady on October 20, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I guess the White House is rewarding MSNBC for all the butt kissing they do.

SoulGlo on October 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM

/shaking head.

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Some illnesses and diseases can’t be explained.

Schadenfreude on October 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Long may Rahm and David continue their silly crusade against Fox. It’s just going to drive up Fox’s ratings and make the White House look like it is staffed by whiny little girls.

Anders on October 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM

What the… that MSNBC embed says:

MSNBC #1 in Cable News!

under the picture of Olby holding a sign saying “MSNBC beats CNN!”

Pretty sure Fox News is #1

strictnein on October 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Key West Reader on October 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Stay on topic, please.

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Maddow?……….
Olberman?……

PLEASE don’t anybody light a match ‘cuz this noxious flatulence is ‘gonna BLOW!!!!!!

SKY HIGH!!!!!!

bannedbyhuffpo on October 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM

In fairness to Obama

Might as well be mapped to F5 on your keyboard.

Terry_Dyne on October 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Why do you have to be fair to Obama? Quit trying to be so nice for goodness sake

djl130 on October 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

That Jeffrey Immelt must be one heck of an advisor.

kingsjester on October 20, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Was Allahpundit part of that briefing too? In all fairness…

uknowmorethanme on October 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

You want me to be unfair? You’re telling me to lie to you, in other words?

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

The same White House that is outraged over the “point of view” journalism of Fox invites for a limited off-the-record briefing with the President himself a person who repeatedly says that “Republicans are terrorists” and that Bush was a “fascist murderer.”

Explain that dichotomy to me.

SteveMG on October 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

It amazes me that anything besides sheep can be herded together like the libs can.

Dire Straits on October 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I don’t see why this OTR briefing would have to have anything to do with Fox News. I thought it was being pointed out because it demonstrated the WH has no problem with opinion makers on cable being involved in news.

MayBee on October 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Schadenfreude on October 20, 2009 at 10:04 PM

smellthecoffee on October 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Explain that dichotomy to me.

SteveMG on October 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I believe Obama said that you could judge him by the people he associates with, or something like that.

b3026 on October 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Let me try that again.

Schadenfreude on October 20, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Yeah, that fake temple-scratch is just about the limit, isn’t ? Like–I’m so good, I don’t have to be convincing? Tell that to the Russians, b*tt-boy. They’re just getting started, too. And next time, they won’t use any grease. smellthecoffee on October 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Better.

smellthecoffee on October 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM

fogw on October 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Not going to happen. When it comes to leftists in a mad rush to destroy our constitution and set up a tyranny there always has to be a hidden kernel of goodness or righteousness to what they say or do. Deep down they can’t be that bad can they? But Allah thinks Palin is just a dumb woman. Fairness for the left, but not for Palin. For Palin it’s just scorn and derision. Maybe he’s looking for a job at MSNBC?

All joking aside, I agree with Allah some of the time, but there is an common undercurrent of going out of his way to be ‘nice’ to the left. Why? I’m not saying break out the misogyny, lies and racism of the left but we don’t need Allah to be looking out for the left’s best interests. We have the state run media for that.

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM

justltl

And I know I didn’t take LSD in the 60′s so it can’t be that….of course I was a little kid then….hmmm, I always did think mama’s meatloaf tasted a bit odd….

beachgirlusa on October 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM

You want me to be unfair? You’re telling me to lie to you, in other words? When I’m fair to a liberal, it’s not because I care about them. It’s because I care about my readers.

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Yes, Allah we all want to lied to. Thanks for assuming we’re all morons that don’t realize there is a middle ground between lying to us and making sure the left gets a lollipop after every shot.

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Has anyone pondered what all of this deflection is for? It can’t be to distract from the health care reform, can it? Maybe it’s to direct attention away from the inaction by the administration about Afghanistan? Is some other big shoe about to drop?

Sorry…but this seems much ado about nothing to keep us all from looking at something……

HAnthonyWayne on October 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I will start with the dumb question first. What does H/T stand for?

Then Comment.

I, too, am glad FoxNews is not rolling over to these thugs. Did anyone catch Greta’s show on Monday night? She is P*SSED. I have never seen her so indignant on her show before. Now that she doesn’t spend all her time on murder and missing people, I make sure I watch her show each night, usually on dvr to fast forward through the commercials.

karenhasfreedom on October 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

It’s not a question of lollipops. It’s a question of trying to tease out the implications of the post. If Obama was going to huddle with left-wing journalists about attacking Fox, would Olby be in on that? Maybe, maybe not.

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

This will probably get be exiled but I have to ask….

As a moderator, is “fairness” really your driving concern? During the 2008 Primaries you clearly were unfair in the way you pitted Huckabee supporters against Romney supporters to get into the whole Evangelical Christians against LDS at the forefront over substantive debate.

How were you fair to Christian conservatives then? They are your readers and you attacked them.

highhopes on October 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

It’s a reward. What would Olby say if he was left out? Not hard to understand.

TheBigOldDog on October 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

HAnthonyWayne on October 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

It’s just to set up a demon to deflect attention away from failure.

ddrintn on October 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

beachgirlusa on October 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

You don’t recall this from 2000:

“There’s Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times.”

Is having an opinion, and having a vendetta the same thing?

Goody2Shoes on October 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

What more could MSNBC do? All they do is attack Fox or Limbaugh already.

ddrintn on October 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

karenhasfreedom on October 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I believe h/t is for hat tip. i.e. giving credit

Goody2Shoes on October 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM

This will probably get be exiled but I have to ask….

The Romney and Huckabee supporters did fine attacking each other without Allah having to lead them by the nose. Exactly what did Allah say about Christian conservatives that was unfair? Pointing out that they went overwhelmingly for Huck is like pointing out blacks went overwhelmingly for Obama.

John9400 on October 20, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Both Ed & Allap have given me an HT in the post the few times I submitted something by email. If anything I’d say they’re both fairly generous about the whole thing compared to most bloggers.

saus on October 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM

HAnthonyWayne on October 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Breitbart ?
Beck ?

macncheez on October 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM

It’s just to set up a demon to deflect attention away from failure.

ddrintn on October 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Oh, I agree…I just keep thinking there’s something else coming down the pike. Maybe it’s just paranoia from the past 9 months…

HAnthonyWayne on October 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Fair enough, but why do most of your articles have an “In Fairness…” addendum? Even the most vile and abhorrent leftist schemes seem to get a big ‘but’ added to them. We no longer live in a time of Republican versus Democrats. It’s a time of Liberty versus Tyranny. Ditch the Marquess of Queensberry rules, and start thinking Francis Marion.

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Does Fox care that it wasn’t included? Well maybe they would have liked to be but in a completely different admin…

CCRWM on October 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM

You don’t recall this from 2000:

“There’s Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times.” highhopes

No, I don’t remember that.

beachgirlusa on October 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Well said.

And the tyrants are many.

fogw on October 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I’m calling shenanigans on this. There is no way the WH would invite KO over. They have to be smart enough to realize that the first thing that he would do is spill a drink on his pants…

rw on October 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM

When 2012 rolls around, the leftist media will fawn over whichever Republican primary candidate is both the most liberal and the most likely to lose in the presidential election.

They will then, of course, savage that same candidate before the general election.

They will do this in order to influence both the independents and the RINOs.

By the way, is anyone aware of any effort by the Republicans to limit Dems crossing over to sabotage the Republican primaries?

justltl on October 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM

chicagojedi on October 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Absolutely right on target. I have been involved in politics for the past 30 years. I recognize this to be true. The left has played their hand, this is an all in move. Every element of the leftist machine is 100% invested in this move. This is not a time for pussyfoot-n around with worries about being polite or fair. This is a time to expose the all in move towards tyranny, naming the players and every weapon in the war room. This is why Glenn Beck is becoming so popular right now, he is naming the names and exposing the weapon systems. Many of us recognize the actions of the left; the entire machine is all in, 100% invested in the outcome they must have in order to survive this all or nothing play.

Keemo on October 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM

djl130 on October 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

What a dumb thing to say. How can you possibly object to people being fair to people? There are plenty of things to fairly attack Obama for. His out of control spending. His double talk about Afghanistan and open government. Hiring people without vetting them first. And on and on. There’s no reason to be unfair.

SoulGlo on October 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Not surprised by that development at all. Really.

FNC’s ratings will continue to soar, and the White House will see diminishing returns with each new attack. 2010 is looking better and better, gang.

itzWicks on October 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Dammit Allahpundit, why does every single goddam post have to have an “in fairness to *insert lefty here*” line?

They’re the ENEMY. Start treating them as such.

Sharke on October 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM

if this really was some strategy session about attacking Fox,

I think the point was the WH decrying Fox for having a “point of view” and that made them not a “real news” channel, then turning around and having “real news” channel MSNBC personalities with definite “points of view” in on briefings. I don’t think the charge was it was a “strategy session about attacking Fox”.

KittyLowrey on October 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I think of David Hasselhoff trying to eat a cheeseburger while pass-out drunk when I think of Olberdork reading ‘the news’.

daesleeper on October 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Now you know I’m not in the habit of giving you a hard time, AP, but it’s a little hard to smear someone, if by “smearing” you mean damaging their reputation, when that someone insists on remaining anonymous.

I’m just saying…

gryphon202 on October 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM

MayBee on October 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Exactly.

KittyLowrey on October 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Baier did NOT say Obama met with Olbermann and Maddow and others to discuss Fox, attacking or otherwise.

It is most unfair of you to keep asserting that was alleged.

KittyLowrey on October 20, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Allahpundit on October 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

By telling them Brett Baier said something he didn’t say.

Please explain.

KittyLowrey on October 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM

You don’t recall this from 2000:

“There’s Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times.”

highhopes on October 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Heard over an open mike, not asserted openly and then some policy against NYT engaged.

KittyLowrey on October 20, 2009 at 11:52 PM