Video: Is this Anita Dunn’s favorite clothing store?

posted at 2:55 pm on October 19, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Well, it does combine two of her favorite people, Barack Obama and Mao Zedong. What’s more, this report doesn’t come from Dunn’s bête noir, Fox News, but from that highly reliable news organization, Reuters.  Maybe ObaMao sells gift cards, which would come in handy for Dunn’s going-away party at the White House when the Obama administration belatedly realizes the folly of demonizing Fox, especially now that even Helen Thomas notes what a dumb idea it is.  And hey, it beats a Che t-shirt …. barely.

“It gets people thinking.”

It certainly does here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

OxyCon on October 19, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Seriously, what is with Anita Dunn and the dry mouth thing? Get the woman a glass of water and a Zanex. Seriously.

LEBA on October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I wonder what Anita Dunn would say about the Obama Joker costume idea on display over at The People’s Cube? I’m sure Fox put them up to it!

swanzoid on October 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM

That costumes awesome, Swan!

Gob on October 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Who in the world could say that Mao is their favorite philosopher? How does that occur to you? What is the thought process?

Does this Whitehouse think of the Chinese or Tibetans as less human than European Jews? How does that work to claim such moral superiority yet not consider the deaths of 40-70 million as outweighing some clever turn of phrase?

We need better education for the adults in our society.

We need a “Villains of History” course. Maybe Beck should do it because apparently the Whitehouse and the NYT are monitoring him now.

Beck you’ve got their attention! Now teach!

And wow they can only come within 30 million human souls? That is simply monstrous!

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I actually printed a picture off the internet this morning of Che wearing an Obama T-shirt. It is quite quite hilarious! I can’t remember where the link was or I’d link it.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Seriously, what is with Anita Dunn and the dry mouth thing?

MSG?

marklmail on October 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I’m done with all these stories about what someone said at some academic gathering.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM

But words spoken at these types of gatherings, whether they be academic seminars or economic forums, do have consequences. Ask CNN’s Eason Jordan.

Del Dolemonte on October 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM

This is the quote AnninCA is trying to spin.

Ronnie on October 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Thanks for the link. How funny is that even here you have to do the work lazy liberals won’t.

Laura in Maryland on October 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM

LEBA on October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Mao Tse-Tongue Syndrome?

misslizzi on October 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM

lot of Mao’s quotable statements are like “motherhood and apple-pie” stuff.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Yeah, Mother Dolemonte always read those to me when I was growing up in Outer Manchuria, from Mao’s Little Red Book:

If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.

War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun

Passivity is fatal to us. Our goal is to make the enemy passive

The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea

The atom bomb is a paper tiger which the United States reactionaries use to scare people. It looks terrible, but in fact it isn’t

This last one comes from a guy who was responsible for more people dying than both atomic bombs combined.

Del Dolemonte on October 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Ditto for what I’ve seen from LGF.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Ann,

It’s interesting how you flit about from one subject to another. Please don’t take this as disrespectful but it’s like being called a nut case and responding, “Why yes! I do like almonds. Preferable smoked and with just a bit of salt. I like cashews too, but not as much.”

What gives? Are you walking back on your support of a Maoist in the administration? Do you admire the mass murderer too?

Or do you just think it’s alright for Dunn to fawn over him because she’s a liberal and liberals are incapable of doing anything remotely wrong?

Rod on October 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Mao Tse-Tongue Syndrome?

misslizzi on October 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM

LOL.

LEBA on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

*rolling eyes*

I saw an article about how McCain quoted Mao, too. LOL*

Good grief. Great people are often quoted, regardless of their politics.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I have to agree with the others on this, AnninCA. And you have yet to come out and explain how what they are saying is wrong. There is a HUGE difference between quoting someone for context, as McCain did, and referring to someone as, to paraphrase: “one of my two greatest philosophers of all time”. That statement, and also not just what she was saying but HOW she was saying it (listening to her tone you can here how earnest she is in that speech, and is not joking at all) is what people are aghast at. Calling one of the biggest mass murderers of the past century a “great philosopher” is, quite frankly, just disgusting. Anita attempts to elevate Mao to levels such as Socrates and Plato, who WERE great philosophers. Have you listened to the speech that we on the right as disgusted with? Did you hear what she said and how she said it? Do you really agree with her that Mao is one of the “two greatest philosophers of all time”? If you don’t agree, then please explain how you can defend what she said, and NOT the quote. We all agree that anyone can be quoted.

Highlar on October 19, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Highlar on October 19, 2009 at 5:10 PM

She can’t defend what she (Dunn) said. If Ann would stop to think before she types, and especially before she hits the “submit comment” button, life for her, and life here w/b so much more logical, and easier, really.

Schadenfreude on October 19, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I’m a little slow, I admit. But it just occurred to me:

It says a lot about a person when you discover who they admire most. That’s not what triggered the light bulb but this is:

The typical liberal (particularly as evidenced and proven in the current administration) admires: Mao, Stalin, Castro, Che, Lenin, Chavez, Palestinian “Freedom Fighters”, Obama. (BTW – that’s a fine group for Obama to be grouped with – scary ain’t it?)

The typical conservative admires: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Reagan, the American solider …. uh … trying to come up with one non-American that didn’t or doesn’t live and die for this country. I’m sure there are some. Aren’t there?

Rod on October 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I rather liked good ol’ Margaret Thatcher. :) Winston Churchill was a good man, too.

On a lighter note, being a gamer hobbyist, I greatly admire Shigeru Miyamoto, as well. lol… :)

Highlar on October 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Is this Anita Dunn’s favorite clothing store?

Depends. Does the apparel carry the ILGWU label? (You know, the folks who provided the lullaby that ManBearPig’s Mom sang to him when he was just a BabeCubPiglet.)

ya2daup on October 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Rod on October 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I don’t know if it’s really deep as all that.

Probably the O-Administration’s way of pandering to China in a sort of stealthy style.

misslizzi on October 19, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I thought you guys had a link to this last month when the story first broke. Possibly in the headlines?

BermanPost on October 19, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, and I’m too lazy to look, but wasn’t it known that Dunn was already planning to leave before her anti-Fox stuff? Wasn’t that one of the things we all found convenient about who the messenger was… Because this time, Obama won’t have to throw her under the bus, he just bought her a ticket on the Greyhound bus heading as far away from the WH as possible.

Again, I couldn’t be wrong, but I could have sworn she was already schedule to leave. Anyone?

RightWinged on October 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM

BTW, don’t expect any push back from the WH on Reuters for this. The anti-Fox campaign is simply about squashing descent.

RightWinged on October 19, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Mao Tse-Tongue Syndrome?
misslizzi on October 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM

That was hilarious

Shambhala on October 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I believe she would ask, “Why so serious?”

Or perhaps, “This country deserves a better class of Maoists. And I’m gonna give it to ‘em.”

RINO in Name Only on October 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Sadly, this government keeps openly telling the citizens where they want to take this country and apparently many of us have forgotten history or were never taught it to begin with.

hillbilly on October 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Instead of dismissing foreigners, perhaps we Conservatives should pay more attention to them. They seem to know more about what’s going on with the U.S. than most of the sheeple over here do.

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 19, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Why does anyone even care what polls say 3+ years out from the election?
Let’s see, who was way out in front in 2005 and how did they fare?

lonestar1 on October 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Do you accept the results regarding health care opposition run by Rasmussen? If you do, you should have no beef with this poll.

Bradky on October 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Complete non sequitur. He disputed the relevance of the poll, not its accuracy.

RINO in Name Only on October 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Oops, wrong thread.

RINO in Name Only on October 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Hmmm…looks like AnninCA never came back to answer anyone’s questions. *quiet chuckle* I wonder why?

Highlar on October 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Highlar on October 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Never fails – with any of them.

Rod on October 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM

While I don’t see much value in mocking the president’s name with monikers like ObaMao and Maobama I personally favor Odumbo.

AltTuning on October 19, 2009 at 11:29 PM

*rolling eyes*

I saw an article about how McCain quoted Mao, too. LOL*

Good grief. Great people are often quoted, regardless of their politics.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM

And what makes you think you’re addressing a bunch of McCain supporters?

mizflame98 on October 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM

And hey, it beats a Che t-shirt …. barely.

Obviously you don’t know your Che tee shirt.

mizflame98 on October 20, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Oh my holy god….did that nitwit anninca just refer to mao as a great person???

I will see to it that this comes back to haunt you.

runawayyyy on October 20, 2009 at 1:04 PM