Rove: Obama building an enemies list

posted at 8:48 am on October 19, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

What does Fox News’ Karl Rove and Baltimore Sun’s David Zurawik have in common? Both of them have called the Obama administration’s weird war on Fox News Channel “Nixonian.” In this clip, Rove — who knows a thing or two about being in a beleaguered White House — answers Terry McAuliffe’s defense of Barack Obama that a little demonization is perfectly acceptable in order to get health reform passed:

“Undignified” is the least of the problems. Nixon built his enemies list as an extension of his general paranoia, but it took a little longer than the first few months of his presidency for that to reveal itself in that way. The bunker mentality that produces this kind of thinking reflects a failure of the President himself to lead, and a search for scapegoats. The public-relations mission of Anita Dunn and others serves no other real purpose except to have someone handy to blame when Obama’s agenda fails.

The truth is that Obama has lost the public debate on health-care reform, and he’s left with only the option of slamming something through Congress that will be incredibly unpopular, and then blame its unpopularity on Fox News. That’s undignified, Nixonian, and futile, all at the same time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Don’t think they aren’t monitoring sites like this one.

mankai on October 19, 2009 at 9:06 AM

My thoughts exactly. The mojority of the 52% who voted for this administration may soon regret the day they let the government take over their everyday lives.

I have talked to a few people who are admitting that they voted for the President and now regret it. 2010 can’t come soon enough.

yoda on October 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM

JaqobJackson wrote:

This stuff makes me think Obama is some sort of Manchurian candidate.

Not in a crazy conspiracy way, but in hard cold reality.

If you know a bit about political history and marxist academic circles you’d understand that Obama is a hardline communist, groomed by remnants of the Weather Underground, the end product of a decades-long “march through the institutions” by a network of interconnected marxist organizations. Nothing Obama does is a surprise to me. It’s all pretty much out in the open, but most who understand this support him and those who don’t just don’t get it and think Obama is “just another liberal”.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM

brave soldier too timid to spell “bitching” and “ass”: ?

sesquipedalian on October 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I know some things I would say to you if it wouldn’t kick my comment back so I’ll just say EFF YOU. Hawkdriver and our other brave soldiers are the reason you can spew your filth and stupidity all over the internet without fear every single day. You make me sick.

hollygolightly on October 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM

This stuff makes me think Obama is some sort of Manchurian candidate.

Not in a crazy conspiracy way, but in hard cold reality.

Surrounded my Mao-lovers it seems plausible.

JaqobJackson on October 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Not overtly far fetched by any means, a quick/thumbnail rundown.

Grand parents= Stanley Dunham indoctrinated on GI bill grant at Berkley, becomes Communist. Then proceeds to Mercer Isl. WA wher he sends his daughter to an alternative school provided bu “the little red church on the hill”. Chorch in question was painted blue & white, it was called such for it’s “communal doctrine”.

Parents= Stanley Anne Dunham, inculcated in that described above, marries BHO Sr. whom is basically in exile from his communist Kenya of whom he was member of it’s Govt. BHO Sr. chased from Kenya after authoring in Op-Ed in the Nat’l newspaper lambasting his fellow Communists for there lack of suitable Marxist ardour.

BHO Jr./The early yrs.= Raised and inculcated by the beleifs of his parents & grandparents and then mentored by Frank Marhall Davis a leading figure in southside Chicago’s Communist movement and disciple of Saul Alinsky. FMD was editor for the “Chicago Star” (red that is) before going to run the CPUSA in Hawaii using the ILUW (Longshoreman’s Union).

BHO’s as early adult, these years almost entirely cloaked in documentary black hole. Went to Columbia, where he more than likely first hooked up with Billy Ayers and by who’s own account in “Dreams” actively sought out radical & communist frinds and professors. This is exceptionally notable in that the two most prominent profs at Columbia who meet this criteria are the infamous Cloward & Piven.

After his undergrad days he ventures to Billy Ayers & FMD’s home turf to study as an acolyte in “community organizing” at Alinsky “U”, Upton Sinclairs “Back of the yards” on Chicago’s south side. While agitating in the ghettos of Bronzville/Englewood nearby, he develops his creds with the leftist intellencia of Hyde Pk. Basically the hotbed/think-tank of Progressivim that gave Wilson & FDR, and later the militant communists of the SDS/Weathermen and the “Bring the War Home” crowd thyat rioted the ’68 DNC convention.

It is not clear how, but some way this seems to entitled BHO to futher his education at prestigious Harvard, where he scruplously managed not to write anything at all.

Then he returns to Chicago, reacquaints himself with Billy & Co., joins the recently renamed Communist Party, now called the new party.

And the rest you probably know from there. But if this is not a likely template of a “Manchurian Candidate”, I don’t know what might be.

This has been a public service announcement for the newly converted HA members who are not quite up to speed on Obama’s past.

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Typos galore!

Sorry again folks.

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM

BS. Obama/Axelrod have been following a very deliberate strategy. It’s Alinksy rules “pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it” and “if you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive”. Or Goebbels Big Lie. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It worked so far. Obama’s approval rating is steady at 50+ percent. They only need small openings to push through.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Excellent.

progressoverpeace on October 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM

What I really want to see, what I really want to hear is anyone standing up about the criticism to Fox News and say freedom of the press isn’t for the government, its for the people.

Criticism and scrutiny of government and how it wields its power is what freedom of the press is all about, any attempt to curtail or influence that should be met in stronger terms than “beneath the dignity of the office”.

Obama is proving how little he cares and how little he understands what principles make this country great. Hint : its not about popularity and agenda, its about empowering and ensuring freedom for the populace.

Opportunity Costs on October 19, 2009 at 2:03 PM

One of the things that came out from this period is an article Obama wrote in 1983 for student magazine Sundial called ‘Breaking the War Mentality’. It argues against stationing Pershing cruise missiles in Europe and ties that into a broader “anti-war” narrative including the fight against Apartheid in South Africa. Anti-Apartheid was a worthy cause, but this broader narrative was very much a Soviet propaganda line. I know from growing up in the Netherlands in far left circles. When the archives opened after the collapse of the Soviet Union it became clear that much of the early 1980s European anti-war movement was directly organized by Soviet agents. I am convinced Barack Obama in 1983 was taking marching orders directly from the Soviet Union as well – not a far-fetched idea at all knowing what we know about his background!

BTW, the Sundial magazine logo is remarkably similar to the Weather Underground logo and Obama’s own logo.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:10 PM

You know what is slightly stunning to me?
About a year ago or whenever the “birther” stuff first started peaking through the bigger names picked up on it, started (just barely) to run with it and the BOOM, it was all shut down. Like within a matter of days. It had to be over a year, maybe spring 2008. Then, seemingly no one would touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Don’t know if they were threatened and who the heck would have so much power but it sure appeared that is what happened.
OK so fast forward, Rush has been slammed and now they are working on FOX news. It is stunning to me that the WH is playing so ugly and still no one has really and truly gone after Obama.
Why hold back? They may have threatened you with destruction but apparently they are going ahead anyway.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Hmmmm, my comment is missing?

hollygolightly on October 19, 2009 at 2:14 PM

With the vermin that infests the White House and Congress today, the only way to fix this infestation is to tent these places.
What more proof does any one need that this is what their intentions are? They’ve attacked ordinary citizens with their appointed lackeys, for questioning them face to face and having the news report these encounters. They’re using the racial animosity to create hatred against anyone that crosses their paths, and using their authority to appoint criminals that are using federal tax money to purchase sympathetic voter blocks, unions, and individuals.
This administration is creating the face of 21st century Communism.

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM

This administration is creating the face of 21st century Communism.

Communism? Nah* I do agree with Rove that it’s Chicago-style politics, though.

Pretty ugly stuff.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

The birther story is BS that only benefits Obama. There was no reason for Ann Dunham to go to Kenya with Obama Sr. and give birth there. There was no reason for Obama Sr. to bring his Hawaiian bit-of-fun-on-the-side home to his wife and family. Obama Sr. played no role whatsoever in Barry’s life. Birthers fundamentally miss the point about Obama.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Just curious, AnninCA, why can’t you believe Obama is a communist?

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM

You’re missing the point modifiedcontent, which is ironic considering your name.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM

@ORconservative, also note that the White House never actively turned against the birthers, not in a big way anyway. The birthers are a godsend to the Obamacrats.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Just curious, AnninCA, why can’t you believe Obama is a communist?

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I think that’s just too dramatic of a term. He’s way too corportist, frankly, for any self-respecting card-carrying communist. :)

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Birthers fundamentally miss the point about Obama.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Once they were laughed at, I’m afraid many dug in. They are now in forever.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I can tell you are about as old as my daughter; Maybe younger; And you sound like you have a public school education.

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Ann Dunham like many marxists at the time idealized the “third world” as vanguard of the revolution. Obama Sr. was the first African socialist she could get her hands on and she got herself pregnant. She was the typical single mother. Obama Sr. had no role in Barry’s upbringing and would later have kids all over the place. That’s the point. Kenya was irrelevant to Obama’s birth; the focus should be on his marxist mother! Birthers obscure the crucial facts.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM

yoda on October 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Many people I know that voted for Obama no longer try to defend him, but rather they repeat old attacks on McCain, Palin and Bush. They no longer attempt to rationalize Obama’s actions on many issues. At some point they will turn completely away from Obama.

Freddy on October 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM

my point is broader than the birthers. I have stated my opinion on the birther thing multiple times, am not doing it again. The birth certificate is the tip of the iceberg and not the story.
Now they are being targetted anyway, they should have continued when they had the chance to cut off the merry march to communism/socialism/marxism.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Here’s one for you: AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

“They came for the Poles, and I didn’t worry, because I wasn’t Polish; They then came for the Jews, and I didn’t worry, because I wasn’t Jewish; Then they came for the Christians, and I told them I didn’t believe in any god; And then they came for the…………”

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I’m not trying to be dramatic. I hesitate to use the word communist and often use marxist or socialist instead. But it is what it is.

His corporatist approach is a logical result of the clash between ideology and reality. Mussolini created corporatism as solution to implement socialism in national unity, with class warfare as in the early 1920s Soviet Union. It is no surprise that Obama follows the same path.

But he’s ratcheting up the class warfare elements at the same time and follows in many ways the same path as Hugo Chavez. What would you call him? Do you think communist is too dramatic for Chavez as well?

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM

If there is a list of Obama’s enemies can I be on it? Please.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM

No, Chavez is definitely that. However, Obama is nowhere close to that stuff.

I do think that the training within the black community organizing community led to some techniques that are peeping out. Divisiveness over race, for example, was used in the election and is being used now when the heat gets turned up on policy opposition. I also think that the finger-wagging, which I saw even in the primary, towards some very solid Democrats who happened to back Hillary, is now being used excessively.

I suppose that many here think universal healthcare is socialist, but I really don’t. I see the insanity of patchwork programs that has created a beureacratic mess. It’s time to simplify. The paperwork alone could run a small country.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I put my son into a private school once. You want to know what I discovered? They were catering so much to parents for the tuition that the curriculum was lousy.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:45 PM

The birth certificate is the tip of the iceberg and not the story. The big names were just on the brink of breaking open the “black hole” mentioned above and they were called off.

What black hole behind the birth certificate?! What do you expect to find in Kenya?! There’s nothing there!

If you want to break open the black hole, focus on Obama’s activities in the 1980s! If you did that I could respect you. But the birthers are only diverting attention to something that is UTTERLY IRRELEVANT!!

Again, it was not the White House or the Obama campaign that shut down the birther cr*p. It was the Clinton campaign, McCain campaign, media of all stripes, when they realized there really wasn’t anything there.

Glenn Beck says the same thing I say; the birther nuts are only playing into Obama hands.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I believe Obama was born in Honolulu. But I don’t understand why he won’t just do some sort of huge document drop proving it. There a a significant number of people who don’t believe he was born in the US. So why not prove them wrong and discredit them?

And further why won’t he release all the school transcripts he is hiding. I remember comparing Bush and Kerry grades during that campaign. But nothing is known about Obama on the same topic.

So even though I’m not a “birther” I still am troubled by what Obama is hiding and why.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Wow, AnninCA, you are clueless beyond repair… :-(

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Because the issue only helps him. It’s a great political tool.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM

What would you call him?

A spend-and-tax retro-Democrat. But, understand, in my perspective, Clinton moved Democrats forward, out of that reputation. He understood fiscal discipline better than any of the insider Democrats. That’s also why, I’m convinced, they turned on Hillary. They knew she’d be the same.

Obama reminds me of the 1960′s. He’ll introduce a lot of programs that will be eliminated fast because they are ineffectual and expensive.

That’s a typical old-style tax-and-spend Democrat. I am horribly disappointed, btw. That’s about as relevant today as everyone donning peace symbols.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I don’t care if you respect me or not. Do some research and you’ll see why the birth thing is only the start. I believe there is nothing in Kenya as well.
The birthers are playing into Obama’s hands but only as a distraction, his usual m.o.
But you can’t get to the 80′s unless you venture through the 70′s and you only get there by starting at the beginning.
That is my opinion. I’m far from a birther but at least they are doing something and costing Obama money.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 2:52 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM

And you think the government could run healthcare better? That simply makes no sense at all. Where is the recourse when an the government does the same stuff as the insurance companies? You can’t get a different company because it is single payer… they can do anything they want to you for the “great good of society as a whole”.

I trust private enterprize. Then people have a real voice.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 2:52 PM

And you think the government could run healthcare better?

I think the majority of people who in the high-need stage for healthcare are on medicare now. Yeah, the government does pretty good.

I do not, however, approve of the Baucus bill. It’s just so goofy to me. I agree with the majority of people that this was either too much of a compromise or maybe the economy is just so awful and the deficit too high? Whatever the reason?

This bill is ridiculous.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:55 PM

at least they are doing something and costing Obama money.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 2:52 PM

No, they are costing tax-payers. He’s not paying personally to defend this junk. We all are.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM

And you think the government could run healthcare better?

This bill is ridiculous.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I have family on medicare and they have to accept substandard care because the good doctors won’t take medicare.

That is the way we are headed. Sub standard for all. It’s universal suicide.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Clinton moved Democrats forward, out of that reputation

Bill Clinton came from the DLC, an organization of blue dog Democrats. I supported Clinton.

Obama … will introduce a lot of programs that will be eliminated fast because they are ineffectual and expensive.

Entitlement programs usually will not get eliminated. A lot of the bubble that is sinking America can be traced back to programs from the 1930s and 1960s.

… a typical old-style tax-and-spend Democrat

Obama is way beyond that! The New Left infamously took over in the Democratic party in 1968. That’s why they become mostly unelectable at the presidential level, until Bill Clinton with some help from Dick Morris and Ross Perot triangulated a way out of the wilderness.

The New Left in the Democratic Party made the rise of Obama possible, but even from the New Left establishment perspective Obama was a far-left outsider. Hillary Clinton was the New Left establishment candidate.

modifiedcontent on October 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I try to stay out of the personalization of these discussions. What some people find “substandard” seems to me, to be often, very sensible and proper care. But…boy, people get upset!

Everyone I know is on those advantage plans and defend it vigorously. In fact, I thought the Townhalls were all about, ironically, people PROTECTING their government benefit plan.

They are not about to see their plan watered down so some 20-old dreaming of being a game programmer gets insurance.

So yeah, I think they like the plan alot.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I don’t remember where I originally saw this but it was written by a lib (before the election):

Obama is arguably the most talented and persuasive politician of his generation, but a fatally insecure personality.

I called Obama “the political equivalent of a sociopath”, without any derogatory intent. A sociopath seeks the empathy of all around him while empathizing with no one. Obama has an almost magical ability to gain the confidence of those around him. Perhaps it was the adaptation of a bright and sensitive young boy who was abandoned by three parents – his Kenyan father Barack Obama Sr, who left his pregnant young bride; his Indonesian stepfather Lolo Soetero; and by his mother, Ann Dunham, who sent 10-year-old Obama to live with her parents while she pursued her career as an anthropologist.

Combine a child’s response to serial abandonment with the perspective of an outsider, and Obama became an alien species against which American politics had no natural defenses. He is a Third World anthropologist profiling Americans, in but not of the American system. No country’s politics depends more openly on friendships than America’s, yet Obama has not a single real friend, for he rose so fast that all his acquaintances become rungs on the ladder of his ascent. One human relationship crowds the others out of his life, his marriage to Michelle, a strong, assertive and very angry woman.

It is conceivable that Barack Obama, if elected, will destroy himself before he destroys the country. Hatred is a toxic diet even for someone with as strong a stomach as Obama … Both Obama and the American public should be very careful of what they wish for. As the horrible example of Obama’s father shows, there is nothing worse for an embittered outsider manipulating the system from within than to achieve his goals.

beachgirlusa on October 19, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Marry me! LOL*

I pretty much agree with your historical assessment.

I don’t quite see Obama as far-left as you do. But I do think he’s in the pocket of the insiders in DC, for sure.

I think he’s much more of a Carter with a flourish.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Communism? Nah* I do agree with Rove that it’s Chicago-style politics, though.

Pretty ugly stuff.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

AnninCa, please note that Chicago style politics is communistic politics since the mid 1890′s. That this has inevitably resulted in the Chicago-Way gansterism is not a coincidence, far from it.

To demostrate how, for the moment we’ll lay aside the thuggish criminal connections of the Bolshiveks and Mao and address the links between crime and communism in Chicago.

Philosophically speaking, in a truly free-market ahighly leveraged , overpriced blackmarket cannot exist. A black market is a cornered market by definition. An illegal product can only be cornered by those willing to be criminal and then charging their userous premium. In a free (of laws) market this premium is clearly unworkable as biz will just “freely” go elsewhere.

Where communism sets foot blackmarkets are the norm for customers to attain illegal or highly taxed/over-regulated products.

Thus in heart of the Progessive and Communist movement in America, Chicago and leftist environs like NYC & NJ have traditionally been Mob central and home the “made families”.

These families, just as shown in the Godfather then do charitable deeds, donate to churches, non-profits and the like in effort to “luander” their images.

A great example of this is Max & Moses Annenberg and the Annenberg Foundation. Now gee, where have I heard that name before? That’s right, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge where Billy Ayers groomed Obama’s profile. Billy’s own mob connections stem from his father Thomas Ayers and his pivotal position in Chicago politics in Daley Sr’s notoriously “connected” administration. This pivotal position was eventually rewarded by having the lucrative Commonwealth-Edison handed to him.

THomas is now deceased but little Billy still reaps rewards from his dad’s hand picked successor, Frank Clark. Frank got Bernadine(Billy’s wife) a tenured law prof-ship at prestigious NWU even though she is disbarred from practicing law. He also was the one who got Bernadine her prior job at Sidley Austin. Sound familiar? It should, he also arranged for Michelle and Barack to get jobs there too handling city biz where they could hob-nob with kindered souls like, wait for it…Valerie Jarret & David Axelrod.

The incestous nepotism of Chicago politics is also illustrated by the fact all three, Barack, Axelrod & Jarrett were groomed for their leftist carrers By the communist cabal that had their mentors all on the same boards of communist org’s in Chicago. This trios links go back to the 30′s. All were part of “running numbers”, a mob activity to fund there communist operations.

Do not be fooled AnninCa, looke under the covers of the Chicao-Way gangsterism and you will find Communists.

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Oh yeah, it should also be noted that Com-Ed (now Exelon) is being duly rewarded for its support of the left/collectivist forces with huge subsidies in the stimulous package and will reap IMMENSE rewards in the Cap & Trade bill with massive Carbon Credits to sell others. These are are a multi-billion dollar windfall the Obama’s & Ater’s benefactor Frank Clark.

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Really? I was trained in that stuff. I was a precinct chairperson.

What I mostly learned it was about delivering the votes of your precinct, lock, stock and barrel, by doing favors.

Loyalty was #1. Favors to people? Absolutely the glue.

No traffic ticket was ignored, in other words. *haha

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM

If you remember the “communist” USSR aws a socialist republic. Whether you carry a card or not, no one is really a “communist”, that is just an feel good ideology to sell the masses to attain power. Stalin, Mao, Pol-Pot, Chavez, Jong-Il all live/ed in conspicuous opulence attained by their supposed crusades for t5he down trodden. It is a farce.

It is the same with almost any leftist fighting whatever injustice. Rev Wright, Rev Jackson, Rev Sharpton, Valerie Jarrett, Bill & Bernadine Ayers, Andy Stern, Noam Chomsky. the list is endless of these champions for the “poor” who have become millionaires while fighting “the man”.

“Social Justice” is a personal enrichment charade, it is a 3 card monty on a national scale!

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Really? I was trained in that stuff. I was a precinct chairperson.

Loyalty was #1. Favors to people? Absolutely the glue.

No traffic ticket was ignored, in other words. *haha

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM

That sounds like level of a Ward-heeler, favors done, favors granted. I am in Chicago and have to do these things if I want to stay in biz.

But once you look up the ladder a ways, like the Mare’s office, you find communist agitators every where.

Daley Sr was mobbed up in the biggest way. When Harold Washington came to power he brought with Valerie Jarrett and a whole cadre of Alinsky grads to to the office with him. The Byrne days were a power struggle between traditional mob and southside commie blackmarketeers.

Daley Jr takes office, negotiates a “can’t we all just get along” truce, and it has a very passionate romance ever since.

But they are all vipers, and eventually someone will get bit. I await whatever Patrick Fitzgerald is cooking up with great glee, because on side or the other is gonna roll over, just wait.

I don’t have any inside info (workin on it tho) but instinct and political familiarity with the cast of characters tells me, Alexi Gouliannis might be the fulcrum of destruction. Alexi was placed as Illinois Treasurer, with the only thing going for him was the creds of being “banker to the mob” aforehand. But in the Illinois Combine, you can’t get a higher reccommendation than that.

This now the guy Bambam has pushed to take his former seat away from Burris, who was just a seat warmer anyways.

Stay tuned and have popcorn at the ready, when Fitzy makes his play, its gonna get good!

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Everyone I know is on those advantage plans and defend it vigorously.

If government health care via Medicare is so great, why are they on those Advantage plans?

xblade on October 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM

AnninCA

You sound blonde, too.

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM

So, in other words, your problem with the Baucus bill is that it doesn’t go far enough, lol. Make sense, you being a Communist and all.

Have you ever consulted a mental health specialist? If whining about government-created bureaucracies in health care while demanding more government-created bureaucracies in health care isn’t a sign of insanity, I don’t know what is.

xblade on October 19, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Going after Fox just makes Obama look ridiculous. It really does.

Terrye on October 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Everyone I know is on those advantage plans and defend it vigorously.

xblade on October 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Medicare Advantage is a good plan. I have heard Ed Morrisey defend it more than once and he is not famous for being a big government kind of guy. The fact that it is a good plan, probably has something to do with why the Obama people want to kill it. Just like they want to kill Health Savings Accounts and rewrite the drug prescription program to allow for direct negotiation by government with drug companies. That plan came in 40% under budget, I can not think of any other government plan that has ever come in under budget. People like it and want to keep it the same…so the Obama people want to change it too.

Terrye on October 19, 2009 at 4:14 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I can’t even begin to imagine why this old Italian precinct guy picked me.

Seriously. I was some 70′s liberal gal.

But yes, he was a “ward-heeler.”

Here’s what I did learn, however.

He delivered, 99% of the time, 99% of the vote.

That’s how it worked.

I did learn that it’s not about the big-picture issues, like on blogs.

It’s about the real stuff in your real life.

That’s politics.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM

You sound blonde, too.

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I love on-line, because once in awhile, I get stereotyped in a way I could never achieve in real life.

It’s a serious compliment to me for you to say this.

I cannot tell you how many long hours I’ve spent in life wishing, praying, to be the dumb blonde type.

Alas, every guy in my Chem class has now reported back, via those stupid facebook deals, that I am the girl you looked up her dress and copied off her tests.

LOL*

I am finally at ease with this. It took years.

But I now get it.

Girls who understand formulas also sometimes have great legs.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Medicare Advantage is a good plan.

I haven’t figured out exactly how Baucus plan destroys that plan.

I’m waiting to learn.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM

AnninCa:

When the Baucus plan, or any of these plans talk about medicare cuts, it is plans like Medicare Advantage that are on the chopping block.

I heard earlier today that the House Dems said the plan to cut back on Medicare payments to Doctors is out..that does away with any fantasy savings we saw in the Baucus bill.

Terrye on October 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM

He’s makin’ a list..checkin’ it twice ..gonna write down who’s naughty or nice…0bama-Claus is comin’ to town!

joe btfsplk on October 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM

My daughters blonde, naturally; She’s misguided by a lot if this political crap; But I don’t blame her; She has her own business, two boys, and a lazy husband. SOMEBODY has to carry the load.
Being a business owner does open her eyes to what is happening.

Cybergeezer on October 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM

AnninCA, tune into Mark Levin. He’s laying out beautifully why Obama is a communist/socialist/marxist, using Obama’s own words.
Quit trying to convince us that you’re hot and learn something.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 6:20 PM

“Ann” is Allahpundit’s alter ego, in drag.

sort of like Tony Perkins’ ‘mother’ in Psycho, only medicated into harmlessness as she trolls and bushwhacks threads

Fair Warning: arguing with her / it is pointless

Janos Hunyadi on October 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Enemies list = campaign tactic = all Obama knows

Rockygold on October 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM

hawkdriver on October 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Very late on reply, Hawk (I’m in Australia), but I have to say that you gave a damn good reason for wanting to bite back at trolls.

Stay safe.

OldEnglish on October 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Can you produce any substantial evidence to support that amateurish statement? I didn’t think so. Sending bogus counter statements into the ether that can’t stand up to more than a second of rational thought is not only futile, it is revealing of the person making them. They expose your nakedness pretty clearly, and it is sad.

ray on October 19, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Obama is the No President. No energy, no jobs, no fishing, no defense, no private health care, no to old friends, no countering views, no responsibility, no savings, no choice, … If it has to do with protecting American liberty and freedom, you can be sure he will say no to it. He really is NObama.

ray on October 19, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Going after Fox just makes Obama look ridiculous. It really does.

Terrye on October 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM

“An inflated consciousness is always egocentric and conscious of nothing but its own existence. It is incapable of learning from the past, incapable of understanding contemporary events, and incapable of drawing right conclusions about the future. It is hypnotized by itself and therefore cannot be argued with. It inevitably dooms itself to calamities that must strike it dead.” – Dr Carl Jung

galvestonian on October 19, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Geez, our own “Barack–The Manchurain Candidate for Dummies”!! Excellent, and all we need to know in a nutshell. I am saving that for salvo in this war we are fighting. Thanks, as usual, you are a font of knowledge!

lovingmyUSA on October 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Archimedes on October 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Do you have any links? I need to refute a friend…

lovingmyUSA on October 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Good, I hope I’m on this pigs list then. When he comes for me I hope he has the decency to do it personally.

Spiritk9 on October 19, 2009 at 9:29 PM

InaneinCA:

Do girls who understand formulas also sometimes make stupid and irrelevant comments on blogs? I guess so.

MissDarcy on October 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM

MissDarcy on October 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM

20 years ago, no less.

ORconservative on October 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Don’t think they aren’t monitoring sites like this one.

mankai on October 19, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Really?
Hmmm.
Excuse me while I have a few private words with President Obama here.

Look, homey.
You’re really phuqing up.
People out here think that you are a total dick.
You’re on the fast track to making Carter look good by comparison.
Grow some cajones and be a man.
You gotta forget the stealth commie crap.
Cut taxes on everybody, including corporations. That’ll make the economy flourish and put people back to work.
Stop spending our dough like a drunken sailor. I mean, what’s up with that? Learn to live on a budget, dude- we all do out here in the world.

Forget the lameass health care plans that have been proposed so far. Institute some serious tort reform and encourage docs to practice non-defensive, high quality medicine. Encourage them to save money without cutting quality. They are the soldiers on the front line who know best how to do this. Use their knowledge and skill.

Support the military and listen to the generals who deal with this stuff for a living. Wouldn’t it feel good to have some real men like them look at you with respect and maybe pat you on the shoulder for a job well done. Give them the manpower and the means and free them up to kick some Taliban and al Quaida ass. These men and women are the best that America has to offer. Use them for what they love and are trained to do- defend America against foreign enemies- they love that stuff- they are willing to give their lives for their brethern and America. Think of the power of that.

Put some fear of Allah in the hearts of those bastard Iranians, the Russians and others- they think you are a weak-kneed douchebag now. Show them that you have some balls and will stand up for America, the only shining light in a cesspool world of turds. They’ll fear and respect you and you’ll feel better about yourself rather than feeling like a self-loathing pansy.

Concentrate on the black community. Be an example to them that the past is over and the world is their oyster now. They will rise to and exceed all expectations.

Get rid of pretty much everyone currently in your administration and replace them with competent, honest people who want to see America succeed and become even better for the next generation. (On a side note, especially get rid of Anita Dunn. She’s a moron and that mouth/tongue thing of hers drives me nuts.)

Anyway, that’s just for starters, son.
I’ll be around for more.
You still have a chance to be best prez ever instead of the worst.
Now get to it.
Chop chop.
Let’s roll.

OK, carry on.

justltl on October 19, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Janos Hunyadi on October 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Oh, si;
Looks like there’s a desire to assume the roll as the left coast Arianna Huffington.

Cybergeezer on October 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM

justltl on October 19, 2009 at 11:26 PM

You mistakenly assume that Barack the Speaker will listen to reason; If you don’t approach viscerally, there’s not much chance of intelligent communication.

Cybergeezer on October 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM

George Stephanopoulos, was also a guest this morning, on Imus In The Morning, he must have run the White House gauntlet, and concertina wire. He appeared this morning with Imus on Fox Business News.

Seal Hunter is back blogging. Octomom really lit, Hunt’s with Club’s fuse. GRIN.

Dr Evil on October 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Wouldn’t a more accurate name for the MSM be the WHAM (White House Approved Media)?

miles on October 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Why does this AnninCA have to run this blog every damn day? There are other people to respond to here.

leftnomore on October 21, 2009 at 8:36 PM