Romney goes nuclear on White House over Iran talks

posted at 6:47 pm on October 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

Eh, I’ve never liked Mitt as a superhawk. He’s more appealing in statesman/technocrat mode, softer spoken and focused on policy solutions, the way he was after the GM takeover. I know he’s obliged to do a certain amount of this to make the base happy, but how happy is this particular attack likely to make them? New data from WaPo:

talks

Even among the GOP, the split in favor of talks is +57. Ah well. Here he is today addressing AIPAC:

“The Iranian leadership is the greatest immediate threat to the world since the fall of the Soviet Union, and before that, Nazi Germany,” Romney said in a speech Monday to the pro-Israel group AIPAC at their national summit in San Diego, according to excerpts provided to CNN.

“The Iranian regime is unalloyed evil, run by people who are at once ruthless and fanatical,” Romney said. “Stop thinking that a charm offensive will talk the Iranians out of their pursuit of nuclear weapons. It will not. And agreements, unenforceable and unverifiable, will have no greater impact here than they did in North Korea. Once an outstretched hand is met with a clenched fist, it becomes a symbol of weakness and impotence.”

Romney – who has used a series of high-profile speeches to bolster his foreign policy profile in advance of a possible 2012 presidential bid – called on the United States to enact “comprehensive, withering sanctions” coupled with support for “the forces of freedom within Iran.” He demanded that a “credible” military threat must remain on the table if Iranian leadership insists on threatening Israel with annihilation.

He’s right about the futility of talks, but (a) if he has any ideas for a credible military threat, the world is all ears (see also WaPo’s poll data on that) and (b) calling Iran the biggest threat since the Soviet Union is bound to invite some questions about why we went after Baghdad instead of Tehran then. In any event, if he’s eager for The One to shut down talks, he might only have to wait another 24 hours: Now that Iran’s hinted that it’s not prepared to ship its uranium stockpile to Russia for enrichment after all — which was the big supposed “breakthrough” from those talks a few weeks ago — the whole house of cards could come tumbling down as early as tomorrow.

The threats, broadcast on Iranian television and in statements from the country’s atomic energy organization, may have simply been negotiating tactics ahead of negotiations that started in Vienna, the city that saw so many Cold War nuclear talks between the United States and the Soviet Union…

“By the end of these next two days,” one senior administration official in Washington said, “we’ll know if the Iranians are serious and whether we have time” to pursue further diplomacy with Iran without fearing that it could race ahead to produce a weapon.

Exit question via Hitchens: If a confrontation with Iran is inevitable, what do we gain by waiting?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s good to hear from Mitt.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 6:49 PM

is going nuclear over Iran an appropriate headline?

rob verdi on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Mitt needs to throw his MA Healthcare plan under the bus.

Fess up that it sucks, and launch it.

Until then…no go.

RarestRX on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

If a confrontation with Iran is inevitable, what do we gain by waiting?

More deaths?

flyfisher on October 19, 2009 at 6:52 PM

re: Romney as hawk. He contended during the SC debate that he supported the surge the day Bush announced it (which was before it was “popular”). Just food for thought regarding his street cred.

Spirit of 1776 on October 19, 2009 at 6:52 PM

To all the Palin supporters: I guess Romney’s Foreign Policy should be clearing up now.

PS. I lve Sarah Palin too!

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

If a confrontation with Iran is inevitable, what do we gain by waiting?

Nobel prizes for everyone!

the_nile on October 19, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I believe Mitt has always been very supportive of the troops and he has talked about building a bigger military. He does get it about national security.

Mirimichi on October 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM

is going nuclear over Iran an appropriate headline?
rob verdi on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

yes, and the bombing starts in seven minutes.

Kevin71 on October 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Mitt’s gotta do something about Huckabee…do you think Huck would agree to be VP? We could have Romney-Huckabee, w/Palin as Energy Secretary, Guliani as Homeland Security, oh why waste my typing…Huck will do whatever he can to hurt Romney, he would never agree to be VP…but if he did, we might have Mitt for 8 years followed by Huck for the next 8, which would be fine by me.

JustTruth101 on October 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM

More deaths?

flyfisher on October 19, 2009 at 6:52 PM

You just don’t understand…Obama is giving it serious consideration…he still hasn’t issued the ultimate throwdown….when pushed Obama will have to resort to…I know it is dangerous in a dangerous world, and it is risky, but he will have to eventually reach into his presidential power and issue the “Strongly worded memo”.
I really think he has the huevos to do that, I know he hasn’t shown much lately, but when pushed into a corner, he will issue the memo without warning. He might even not inform the other powers in the world of his attack.
I mean it, I really think he can do it…

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM

PS. I lvelove Sarah Palin too!

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Sorry about that.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Happy to see Mitt can identify the problem but what are withering sanctions?

fourdeucer on October 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I say bout time Mitt threw some Red Meat out to the packs. just another log on the failure of the Onus.

hawkman on October 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM

PS. I lve Sarah Palin too!

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Well, it’s not like we expected him to endorse Obama. If he’s thinking about running, it’ll take more than hawkish foreign policy speeches to endear him to the GOP base. This seems like more of the “PowerPoint diagram” thing.

Mitt needs to throw his MA Healthcare plan under the bus.

Fess up that it sucks, and launch it.

Until then…no go.

RarestRX on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Agreed.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Mitt’s sons are serving their country by helping him campaign.

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Mr. Plastic does more pandering. Ugh! Am I actually going to end up backing the Huckster-in-Chief if Palin doesn\’t go for it. Please, NO!

D0WNT0WN on October 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

JustTruth101 on October 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Huck would have to say…good news, bad news, to all of his faithful. After considerable prayer this is what he would say.
“Good news is I have selected VP, the bad news is God told me to work for a Mormon”….I don’t think his Christian followers would adopt the enthusiasm. Huck might as well tell his conservative friends he is working for a Muslim.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM

If a confrontation with Iran is inevitable, what do we gain by waiting?

Either better targeting intel….or more dead Americans.

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Mitt’s sons are serving their country by helping him campaign.

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Wow.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Most people are uninformed regarding the nature of the threat that Iran represents.

If Romney continues to press on the issue and he manages to get coverage on it, the numbers of people that think talking will work will start to change.

It’s the same as those nightly news ‘scare-casts’ about whatever previously benign household item is supposed to kill us next. One day no one will care. The next day everyone will be completely anti-toilet brush (or whatever). This is the same concept.

JadeNYU on October 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Given a choice between a Mormon or Obama….Mitt looks pretty good to this Evangelical.

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Mitt’s sons are serving their country by helping him campaign.

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Probably renting the RV as we speak…Romney’s either go on missions, or they campaign, but they sure the heck won’t join the military. I don’t think one has ever served in the military, none.
Wait, did Mitt serve?….no, that’s right he was selected to go on a mission in the most horrible location on earth during the VietNam war, France…

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM

A little OT:

If it came down to Mitt or Huck, it just has to be Mitt. But it’s 2009 and the President’s fiscal policy is risking hyperinflation. We have no idea what the problems are going to be in 12 months.

My point is that so much can happen in 3 years that it’s just to early to campaign. Let’s just block Obama care.

Very Off Topic:

A Nigerian, who arrested for a previous fire in LA, is waited for questioning for the station fire

Oil Can on October 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:03 PM

And I am not saying there are not a lot of you….but more of the other, many more.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

well said

cmsinaz on October 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Did I understand that Hitchens and Romney are on the same page on Iran? Hmmm strange bedfellows indeed.

A peace prize should be given for figuring out how to handle this.

I’m sure Obama has all the answers–Bush’s fault, of course.

Iran surely doesn’t have anything where it is easily bombed without collateral damage… I doubt Obama has the will to bomb Iran anyway… (Iran doubts it too) So then what sanctions are silly without China.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Mitt needs to throw his MA Healthcare plan under the bus.

Fess up that it sucks, and launch it.

Until then…no go.

RarestRX on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Yes, if he was honest he would say, “It looked good on paper, but in practice it sucks. That is the danger of what Obama is doing, I know, it may sound good, but it is wrought with problems no man can predict. I made a mistake, Mass made a mistake…let’s not allow the U.S. to make the same mistake.”
But he won’t…

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Mitt needs to throw his MA Healthcare plan under the bus.
Fess up that it sucks, and launch it.
Until then…no go.
RarestRX on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Well said. I rather like Mitt, but when he says that he’s most proud of RomneyCare, I’ll never vote for him.

RJL on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Jeezis, people, nothing like a little two-minutes-hate for Mitt. Maybe you could find a better target for your anger.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Future generations may wonder about that the same as past generations wondered why we didn’t stop Hitler earlier.

MB4 on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

2012 won’t be kind to us if Mitt, Huck, or Palin is headlining the ticket.

txag92 on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Health care, gun grabber, squishy on abortion, worrisome religion.

Him and Huck both being talked about for 2012 is what keeps me investing in the liquor industry.

MadisonConservative on October 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM

2012 won’t be kind to us if Mitt, Huck, or Palin is headlining the ticket.

txag92 on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

So the logical top of the ticket is a pro-choice guy, eh?

unclesmrgol on October 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

I don’t hate Romney.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I’ll believe it when I see it…so far, Obama has shown he has no bottom…I think he’ll just retreat and draw another line in the sand…as long as he’s President.

AUINSC on October 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Maybe, Mitt can offer Mass. Style health care to all Iraniacs

tomas on October 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I rather doubt that the “whole house of cards” will “come tumbling down” as early as tomorrow as Barack Obama will likely be able to find a pony, or maybe even a unicorn, in there someplace. The whole thing is a Big Kabuki Dance and the ending has already been written.

MB4 on October 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Eh, I’ve never liked Mitt as a superhawk.

I think it’s sort of cute and endearing in that “Sheepdog beating up Wile E. Coyote” sort of way…

ScottMcC on October 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

As if everyone running doesn’t get the same treatment…let us know when we can criticize Romney, we don’t want to hurt your feelings.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM

So the logical top of the ticket is a pro-choice guy, eh?

unclesmrgol on October 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Where the hell in my statement did I say that? Geez.

txag92 on October 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM

MadisonConservative on October 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Who are your top 5 for POTUS on our side?

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:03 PM

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

After 9 months of Obama, probably less than you think.

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM

This thread count better pick up, or it will break down into a Tim Pawlenty thread with less than 75 comments per day.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that our candidate for 2012 is not going to be Romney, Huckabee or Palin. But you never know. If we do not make strides in 2010 there may not be a 2012.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM

This is Romney going nuclear? Why does this sound as unconvincing and pretensious as his sudden embrace of other conservative issues (after having taken the opposite view for the previous 80% of his adult life).

Sorry, but Romney should just be honest and run on the RomneyCare RINO record he actually accomplished.

Norwegian on October 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM

As a long time supporter of Mitt Romney, and my pick for 2012…It appears as if I’m pretty alone among the HotAir crowd.

therightwinger on October 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM

therightwinger on October 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Not completely.

MB4 on October 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM

AllahP should have put up a picture of Mitt’s family and right2bright could have supplied 1,000 comments on his/her own by the sound of things.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM

MB4 on October 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I hope not but probably. What happens if Iran really does bomb Israel. I don’t see Europe going to war over anything at all these days. Iran would have to bomb Paris and Berlin for anyone in Europe to care.

This must be what it was like when Hitler was taking over those little countries and the Europeans just kept appeasing him… I’m grateful for the oeans between us and the Middle East. But it won’t be long before we will be in the thick of the consequences of appeasement once again.

Mitt is right to call out Iran as totally evil. At least even you Mitt haters have to agree with him on that.

I wish you all would really give the man a chance instead of repeating Huckabee lies over and over. But hey campaign is over and I doubt Romney would put his family or his church through that again. So you win. The country loses.

Like Obama much?

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM

therightwinger on October 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Here are 21,961 friends. Have fun.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Let’s check next week if Mitt flips his position.

cubachi on October 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Yeah, because “Bomb,bomb,bomb,…..bomb,bomb Iran” worked out so well for the Other guy.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I guess the “credit where credit is due” principle doesn’t apply here.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Yes,the newly-released Washington Post/ABC Poll says that eight in 10 Americans support direct diplomatic talks to try to resolve the situation with Iran. I don’t buy it. I think the poll, like all polls today, are taking the measure of the psychosis left in the American culture because of debacle of the Viet Nam war. Since our gutless leaders these days act on polls rather than smarts, it is no wonder Obama won on his call to talk rather than act. As for Romney, good for him, assuming he said what he thinks and not what he feels will serve him politically. Either way, yeah. Didn’t anyone ever hear that old adage, “Talk is cheap!”

Halli Casser-Jayne

The CJ Political Report on October 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM

After 9 months of Obama, probably less than you think.

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM

After 9 months of Obama most everyone looks capable, even Romney.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I hope not but probably. What happens if Iran really does bomb Israel.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Assuming that you mean nuclear bomb, well, Israel has a reported 400 nuclear bombs, including some hydrogen bombs, so my guess would be that Israel would very soon have less than 400.

MB4 on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Mitt could be an excellent economic advisor and I hope he sticks around.

I just think we’ve got too many great candidates to retry Mitt.

Not a hater, just not a fan.

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM

OK. Romney/Pawlenty 2012! (And then Palin 2016.)

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

therightwinger on October 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I like Romney. I think he has an excellent mind on business.
What scares me most is that he was Govenor of the People Republic of Massachusetts.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Romney would be president if the right didn’t piss on mormons

tomas on October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I guess the “credit where credit is due” principle doesn’t apply here.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Well, to be fair, Mitt fans aren’t particularly thrilled by Palin’s Facebook postings, either.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Would he carry Massachusetts in 2012? I doubt it.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM

The Washington Post is generating bogus statistics in support of their favorite leftist cause . . . the Obama regime. The left will stop at nothing to advance the irMarxist/socialist agendas and the Post is a prime mover of their propaganda.

rplat on October 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Mitt’s trying to show some spine awful early. Mitt seems to be a good business man, maybe a cabinet position in the Palin admin. hummm

Kissmygrits on October 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Granted…he is correct on that…but then so are about 53% of the public.
Iran is totally evil is not the newest and most amazing statement ever made.
Almost 8 years ago Bush named Iran, Iraq, and N.Korea the axis of evil…only two left. Let’s see what president buttercup does with the remaining two.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Fair enough.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I’ve long liked Mitt, despite his quasi-socialist health-insurance scheme here in Taxachusetts. But a few months ago I sent him a letter (snail- and e-mail) suggesting he take the lead in opposing the ‘climate change’ hoax and Crap-and-Tax, and never got the courtesy of a reply—not even from an underling.

Fantasy time: General Petraeus gets sick of the Obamunists and resigns, then runs for President in 2012. I don’t know if he’s even a conservative, but I’ll bet he could win on integrity alone.

MrLynn on October 19, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Romney would be president if the right didn’t piss on mormons

tomas on October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

You need a personality to win…and Romney doesn’t have that.
And if the Mormon’s didn’t piss on Christians…do you really want to start that?
It has nothing to do with religion, Mitt spent a record amount of money in a losing campaign. He just doesn’t connect…He is smart, good looking. faithful, leader…everything Obama is not, except, Obama connects with people, or at least 53%.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Russia watch w/ glee too. Remember, George Bush kept telling us that Putin and Russia are our friends while Russia continued to give Iran the means to build nuclear reactors (and build nuclear bombs). It’s amazing (laughs). Russia meets with, and openly says, that they are going to give the Iranian terrorists the ability to build nuclear bombs that the Iranians are promising to use to destroy us, and we still had this.. this.. joke in the White House; who was still saying Russia is our ally, and our friend, and he’s friends with Putin. What are you CRAZY! Vladimir Putin-Medvedev and Russia are SWORN ENEMIES of the United States! They are doing everything they can to destroy this country. Putin wants Iran to develop nuclear bombs. The situation in Iran today is clear evidence of this.

apacalyps on October 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Mitt is trying, really, really trying, but he just isn’t…charismatic. Although Allah seems to get a thrill up his leg whenever he can post about ol’ Mitt.

Bruce NV on October 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Romney would be president if the right Huckabee the Schmuck didn’t piss on mormons

tomas on October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Fixed.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Where was he when those poor folks were raging in the streets in June? Sorry, Mitt. Too little too late.
I like, Mitt, too, but he just doesn’t………..(fill in the blank)

BetseyRoss on October 19, 2009 at 7:36 PM

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Fair enough.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Just for the record I voted for Mitt in the ’08 primary AND I love Sarah Palin.

Mitt is pretty much doomed as a future GOP candidate because of health care in Massachusetts, I’m afraid. That diesn’t mean he can’t be an effective spokesman/leader on other things.

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Cool is better than hot.

Especially for a country at war in two regions and with a shaky economy.

SteveMG on October 19, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Mitt didn’t do anything to Christians. Christians used it against him and helped us get OBAMA.

tomas on October 19, 2009 at 7:39 PM

If Mitt were the sort of man whose positions didn’t “evolve” every few years, he may be a serious person.

V15J on October 19, 2009 at 7:41 PM

BigD on October 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I think you’re wrong there. I think Romney will be the nominee in 2012; unfortunately, I think he’ll lose. I think Palin’s time will come in 2016, somehow.

That said, this is off-topic. I’ll let commenters struggle with that Iranian Gordian knot.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Mitt is just giving AIPAC the line almost everyone gives AIPAC.

NPP on October 19, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I hope not but probably. What happens if Iran really does bomb Israel.

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM

MB4 on October 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM

What then? I mean if the Holy Land radio-active and Iran is wiped off the map… Wow. The possibilities are mind boggling.

What would Europe do? What would we do? It is almost beyond imagination. Obama is definitely the last person who should be running the country right now!

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Mitt is just giving AIPAC the line almost everyone gives AIPAC.

NPP on October 19, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Exactly right.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Ditto for this conservative evangelical.

chemman on October 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Mitt needs to throw his MA Healthcare plan under the bus.
Fess up that it sucks, and launch it.
Until then…no go.
RarestRX on October 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Not getting a look from me until he gives his head a shake on that.

Caper29 on October 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM

tgharris on October 19, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I am a die hard Palinista, but dammnnn….I am Catholic. I know about the LDS Church, I have received them here at home and all…but I am gonna come out of the closet and confess that I am more of a Marian girl :D

It is gettin’ pretty hard for me to accept other faiths that just don’t care where Jesus sprouted from/heeeyyyy, from a bean? Wheat? Rice? Fish?/sarc!!!!!!!!!!!

To not accept/acknowledge/see that special honor of Mary, chosen by God and not see Her statues in other religion’s churches *like She did not exist and She did not suffer nuthin’* is beyond me. I get depressed. And, oh yeah, Mitt.

I don’t wanna turn into Glenn Beck and ask bold questions here, b/c I don’t wanna hijack the thread, turn this into Theology 101 and brings back a conversation I had with my priest about this matter.

End: Don’t you think Jesus will honor you, if you honor His Blessed Mother?

ProudPalinFan on October 19, 2009 at 7:58 PM

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM

PALIN=RIO 2016!

ProudPalinFan on October 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Boy, in reading this and other threads I’m seeing a pattern of desperation with us conservatives. Visualize chickens with their heads cut off running around the barn yard in wild frenzy. Man, by the time 2012 rolls around we’ll be so desperate we’d run Foghorn Leghorn just to rid ourselves of our collective Obama nightmare!

KickandSwimMom on October 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Romney definitely needs to speak more about what’s going on in Mass; and that’s being said by someone who voted for him, and would like to vote for him again.

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM

ProudPalinFan on October 19, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Honor and worship are completely separate things. Of course we honor Mary she was chosen to be the mother of the Savior of the world. She must have been amazing!

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM

This news re Iran will make you sick. Iran has double-crossed ObaMao in the Vienna talks, and the WH appeaser is now allowing Iran to continue with its own enrichment. Our EU allies oppose this move strongly. ObaMAO has no pre-conditions.

Can we impeach him now? ObaMAO is contributing to international instability and, thus, jeopardizing our own national security.

onlineanalyst on October 19, 2009 at 8:09 PM

KickandSwimMom on October 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM

You know what, you should repost this on every thread. I am getting tired as well. What would you call it-blogitics as usual.

ProudPalinFan on October 19, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Because there was never any feasible military plan that would work against Iran.

Seixon on October 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM

onlineanalyst on October 19, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I want the process to proceed; who will throw the first pitch?

ProudPalinFan on October 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I honor Her, worship not…that is for Her Son. I do my very best to follow all the prayers we need to get out of this mess, along with the Holy Rosary and set aside special time to reflect, will read Psalms 51 with prayers next month on the next novena.

Check this out: http://the13thday.com. I ordered the movie on DVD, can’t wait to see it!

ProudPalinFan on October 19, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Hey Mitt, how’s that government run health care working out for you? You know, the system you signed into law while you were still a governor?

Yeah…

gryphon202 on October 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Mitt is extremely qualified and for you all that like to rip on his sons or his religion, I am Mormon and have served and am currently serving in Iraq for my third tour…oh, yes, I served a mission as well like Romney’s sons. Because they did not serve in the military does not make them any less of a patriot so get off that schtick!! Just so you all know the FBI and CIA recruit Mormons heavily because of our foreign language skills and foreign country experience from these missions. So,yes, we do serve our country more than most people give us credit!!
We need to support the Conservative candidate NO MATTER who it is in 2012 compared to this administration.

from Baghdad

g2825m on October 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM

If a confrontation with Iran is inevitable, what do we gain by waiting?

Enough time for the bed crapper in Chief and the juvenile delinquent Democrats to pass the turd known as “Health Care Reform”.

Botching the effort in Iran is next on the agenda.

Gee, this electing a complete jackass president is really working out!

NoDonkey on October 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Romney will warn Iran that if they don’t stop their nuclear program immediately, they’ll all be forced to buy health insurance.

Emperor Norton on October 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Mitt’s sons are serving their country by helping him campaign.

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Back off creeps.

People were attacking his sons by suggesting they weren’t serving their country without having joined the military. He reacted as a Father defending his kids. Family is off limits for idiotic non issues like military service.

No where in the constitution does it say that in times of peace one is required to join the military.

scotash on October 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Talk first is always good, it’s a must in fact.

However, there comes a time when talk no longer means anything, especially if you keep going back and revising your talk in favor of the opposition.

Sanctions don’t mean shit if you give concession after concession to balance them out.

At some point you have to grow a spine and face the problem, and quite possible lay your countryman’s lives on the line to back up what is the right thing to do, which is stop a tyrant from killing more of your countrymen one way or another.

You cannot keep pushing off the date with destiny. Eventually, it’ll come to you instead.

Spiritk9 on October 19, 2009 at 9:35 PM