Rasmussen: Romney, Huckabee crushing Palin head to head among Republican likely voters

posted at 4:46 pm on October 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

C’mon. You know I had to.

Among likely Republican primary voters, Palin now trails former Arkansas governor-turned-Fox-TV-host Mike Huckabee by 20 points – 55% to 35%.

When her opponent is ex-Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, Palin loses by 15 – 52% to 37%…

Twenty-one percent (21%) of primary voters also say Palin is the GOP candidate they would least like to see win the party’s presidential nomination. Just nine percent (9%) say the same of Romney, and eight percent (8%) feel that way about Huckabee…

Suggesting that Romney’s Mormon faith may still be a problem among some Christian conservatives, Palin leads him by 14 points – 52% to 38% – among GOP primary voters who describe themselves as Evangelical Christians. But Romney beats Palin by 26 points among other Protestants – 58% to 32% – and holds similar winning margins among Catholic voters and those of other faiths.

My suspicion, especially in light of that 21 percent figure, is that this is mainly a measure of Palin vs. Anyone But Palin and has little to do with Huck or Mitt on their own merits. Polls of Romney’s and Huckabee’s approval show that upwards of 30 percent are undecided about them versus just 10 percent for Sarahcuda. In a match-up between “I don’t know him” and “I don’t like her,” no surprise that the undecideds are going to break for the former — which is good news for Palin, since the gap’s bound to narrow as the public becomes more acquainted with the bad points of her competition. What is surprising, and what may puncture my theory, is that this is a poll of likely Republican primary voters, not the general public. It stands to reason that they’re more familiar with Romney and Huckabee than the average joe and it confounds the conventional wisdom that they’re not better disposed to Palin, who’s supposed to be the darling of the shrunken Republican base. How to read this, then? As proof that Huck and Mitt are still relatively unknown even among GOP primary voters? Or as proof that the party’s tent is actually bigger than people think?

While we’re talking Sarahcuda, Conservatives 4 Palin has a smart post about how she’s using new media to get her message out unfiltered by the media prism. Anita Dunn’s taking flak today from the right for supposedly saying that Team Barry used the Internet last year to “control” the media, but C4P is right: What she meant was that the media can’t be trusted to deliver a candidate’s message just the way he/she wants it, so the only option is to “control” them by putting the message out to the public through direct online communications. Palin’s learned that lesson better than her competitors. So far.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

I’m taking wagers. Anyone wanna make me rich?

faraway on October 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Oh good lord, not another one…

joe_doufu on October 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Color me shocked.

JohnGalt23 on October 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM

The Quaylization of Sarah Palin is complete. She’s toast. The RINO wing of the GOP doesn’t want a real conservative to run and win. Reagan couldn’t win now if he were alive to run.

2012 is The Messiah vs. a RINO.

pdigaudio on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Too early!!

Oh, then let me slag Huckaphony then! He’s a tool.

Gob on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Worried, are you Allah? Why so? Palin is not going to run for 2012. Just…calm down, son.

Kokonut on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Decider on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Boring!!!

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Given that I’m not a Republican, I do not vote in their primaries. I would, however, vote for Sarah for president.

rbj on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Can we all just win the elections in 2010 and 2012? How about we have as goal to win the elections and then we can argue about who we like more or less among those in office we’ve elected. But first we have to get them into office.

I’m more than concerned about Huckabee’s Liberalism and Romney’s, too, but if it gets this wretched DNC train wereck off the tracks, then I’ll vote for them.

The pressure to run the nation into the ground isn’t going to stop, unfortunately, whoever the GOP elects (but first we have to elect them), and that includes Palin. What we need to do as Americans is get the Democrats out, contiue to keep pressure on those we do elect from the “Right”a nd not give up for a season this Leftwing direction among nearly any and all who want public office.

Lourdes on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I’m inclined to say that the Republican Party is done for, but considering the similarly pathetic state of the Democrat Party, I think it’s more accurate to say that the United States of America is probably done for.

Wake up, America!

FloatingRock on October 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Is it Friday already?

Akzed on October 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Fred!

faraway on October 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

(What was it, a couple of hours since the earlier post on…the same poll… dropped off the front page?)

cs89 on October 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

C’mon. You know I had to.

No, I really don’t know that. How many of these are we going to see for the next three years?

Esthier on October 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Which brings us to the horse race numbers for 2008. You can look at each result over at the Polling Report, or check these averages computed by the Hotline:

WH ‘08 Dem Primary Average
40% Hilary Clinton
19% John Kerry
14% John Edwards
6% Joe Biden
3% Wesley Clark

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM

And I’ll take this from Headlines. Two guesses as to who is missing, and the first one doesn’t count. It was a poll done three years out, just like this one.

Enoxo on October 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I love that woman!

JamesLee on October 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Yawn.

If this poll was accurately predicting GOP primary voters sentiment, why is Huck plummeting on InTrade while Sarah is surging when people are asked to put their own money on whom they think will be the 2012 GOP nominee?

The only numbers that count at this point are fundraising & book sales.

Norwegian on October 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I guess they polled the Spector wing of the GOP

William Amos on October 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Isn’t this like three years away?

I’ve always said 2012 isn’t going to happen for Palin… and I won’t vote for any republican who ran for president in 2008… Romney should just save his money… I’ll pick Pawlenty over him… and I hope Mitch Daniels runs too…

ninjapirate on October 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM

The best thing for all of them is to help each other gain traction, or at least stay out of each other\’s way. The real question is who will break first and start knifing the competition? My bet is on Huckles.

spmat on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Sarah Palin= the leader of the average american

ousoonerfan15 on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I pay very little attention to polls. They tend to swing in favor of the person who signs the check.

I’ll just say this; When Palin speaks, everyone listens. The others? Not so much.

One other note: Neither Romney nor Huckabee will ever count my vote.

GoldenEagle4444 on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Huckabee’s liberalism, especially since he’s consumed the Algore global warming Kool-Aid bothers me. Anyone who believes that is not fit mentally for public office.

pdigaudio on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Good Golly. Three in one day? Let’s squeeze blood out of a turnip.

hoosiermama on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

not gonna worry about this….too early in the game for me…let’s focus on 2010

cmsinaz on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I don’t know why I hate Huckabee so much, but I assume it’s his fault.

frankj on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

My Dad used to say don’t believe any thing you hear/read and half of what you see — The media / polls .IMO for the most part fall into this area.

wheels on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Let me see here. Where’d I put that old Public Enemy album? Oh yeah. Here it is. “Don’t believe the hype!”

HadithHarry on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

How to read this, then?

1. Neither Huckabee nor Romney have been Palinized. But they will be.
2. Palin never ran her own national campaign. 3. Too many Republicans are willing to let the media choose their candidates for them.

2012 is The Messiah vs. a RINO.

I don’t know if she’s toast or not, but you sure got the rest right.

pdigaudio on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PMI don’t know if she’s toast or not, but you got the rest right.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

2012 is The Messiah vs. a RINO.

pdigaudio on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Not necessarily. The GOP will hopefully get the message over the next year that this is not an anti-Dem or anti-Obama movement going on in the country(although the majority of Americans are certainly disenchanted with both). This is a shift towards fiscal conservatism and individual responsibility. The GOP can either get onboard or continue down their current path towards irrelevancy.

NY-23 could be a very painful lesson for the Republican leadership. By nominating a left-wing RINO for the seat, they could end up losing it to a Dem thanks to the challenge by a third party conservative candidate. If they’re not careful, this scenario could play out many more times between now and 2012.

Doughboy on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Palin polls poorly because people are afraid of how popular she is. Or something.

boko fittleworth on October 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Does she beat Ron Paul?

That’s the real question.

Abby Adams on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I’ll never forget or forgive the dirty politics Huckabee played to get Romney out during the last election.

And he’s already got one strike against him for being from the state that brought us Billy Jeffs.

Either Palin or Romney would would make me happy.

NTWR on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

If we sacrifice Palin on an altar, will the powers that be also call Huck and Romney to wherever?

MadisonConservative on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

The site stats must be getting low. C’mon. You know I had to.

kagai on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Didn’t the media love Huckabee last time around? Yep.

V15J on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Huck, Romney, Palin.

We’re really gonna have to do better than those three by 2012.

JetBoy on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Doughboy on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

NY-23 will be repeated on a national level if Huckster/Mittens/Paws is nominted.

Don’t believe me? Just wait.

Norwegian on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

“If they take them back [House seats], this the end of the road for what Barack and I are trying to do,”

-Joe Biden

Lets take the House first.

El_Terrible on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Move along folks.. nothing to see here.. move along now.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Esthier on October 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM

“Heart-ache: 68% Hate Palin’s Hairstyle”

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Huckabee is DOA. Romney-Palin ticket (provided SP gets her policy act together) has significant promise. Will someone completely unknown get traction? HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

WHO CARES!

Analyzing these numbers are pointless. I bet you at least one of these three will not run or will be out early in the primaries.

Joe Caps on October 19, 2009 at 4:58 PM

It’ll be interesting to see the polls after Palin does her book tour. I’m guessing those polls will look much, much different. Palin will be a force to be reckon with once America sees her for the genuine article that she is. Right now people still have the Couric interview imbedded in their minds….oh how that will change!

indy8 on October 19, 2009 at 4:59 PM

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Will never ever happen. She’s not going to be anyone’s scapegoat again.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Huck, Romney, Palin.

We’re really gonna have to do better than those three by 2012.

JetBoy on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Yeah, like Boehner or Grahamnesty.

/is the Sarc tag really necessary?

Norwegian on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I wouldn’t say “highly”. People come “out-of-nowhere” all the time in politics.

Who knows. In 2012, it could be Mitch Daniels, or David Petraeus, or a myriad of other Republicans.

Abby Adams on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

What I want to see is her debating each of them.

ohiobabe on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I want to hear from you how they can “Palinize” Mitt.

Buy Danish on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Either Palin or Romney would would make me happy.

NTWR on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

But which Romney are you voting for? I know Romney 7 is getting rolled out soon, but we don’t know much about it yet. I’m afraid we’ll install it and get Romney ME or Romney ’98.

SirGawain on October 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

By the way, Romney’s got more work to do in the charisma and conservatism department than Plain does in the policy one.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM

* Palin

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Those polls worked out well for Guiliani.

pedestrian on October 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM

indy8, it won’t change much. Those who love her will love her more; and most of those who don’t love her will love her even less. A book tour as political resurrection? Would love to see it, but I won’t…

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM

…and where was Reagan polling in October ’77?

veni vidi vici on October 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

…An-n-n-n-nd the Palin obsession continues.

Django on October 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

ddrintn, I don’t disagree. That’s why they could be prefect together. They don’t just complement each other; they totally create a sum greater than the parts.

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Don’t believe me? Just wait.

Norwegian on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I don’t see Huckster or Steve Perry getting the nomination. The media will try desperately to push them, but it ain’t happening. Huckabee appeals to social conservatives. That’s the extent of his base. And I don’t know who gives a rat’s ass about Pawlenty aside from Journey fans who mistake him for the lead singer.

I still think Romney gets way too much hate on here. Yes I’m troubled by Romneycare and the fact that he couldn’t even beat McCain for the nomination last year(thanks a lot for running interference, Huckster!). But the man is articulate, well known amongst the base, and has a solid business background. He’s got a good resume, folks. If we have to “settle” for him as our nominee in 2012, I think we’ll be ok.

Doughboy on October 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Cut and paste from headlines… sorry AP, you aren’t going to make me type it again…

———————-
Again… to summarize…Huck’s numbers are completely from his EXPOSURE on FOX. I watched Red Eye last week and he was on there, being his usual engaging good ol boy self (NEVER bother watching his Sat night show). The old folks who watch his show on Sat like that. As for Romney, he’s got the establishment insider RINOs (like David Keene) behind him. A further examination of their respective records during the primaries and debates will throw water on their supposed “leads”.

I am a Palinsta and proud of it. I admit she’s got some work to do IF she runs.

So, fine. Let Hucky and Mittens bask in the glow as the MSM favorites. I hate Obama so much I’d probably have to hold my nose and vote for them if they are the nominee, but expect another blow out of 2008 proportions if that happens.

———
Thanks for c4p plug AP, they do have it right, Palin is using the internet media very effectively right now. Which would explain why her numbers in this poll are actually BETTER w/ younger voters. Once the old folks who watch Huck get a look at her unfiltered by way of her book and dinosaur media, these numbers will flip around.

davek70 on October 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Holy crap, didn’t we just do have this 600-post debate? I’m exhausted.

Go Huck. I have not idea why you people can not see that Mike Huckabee is the only game in town for the GOP.Decider on October 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

So are you not a true conservative or are you just completely ignorant of his record?

NoLeftTurn on October 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I’m laughing at this poll because no one gives a crap about Huck and Mitt. Palin is the draw and the most popular conservative. So I’m chill for 2012. She’ll get the nomination hands down.

cubachi on October 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

(moreover, THERE ISN”T ANYONE ELSE WHO IS VIABLE)

ParisParamus on October 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I want to hear from you how they can “Palinize” Mitt.

Buy Danish on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

He killed someone one the road. (I know it’s not true and unfair, but hey…) He’s a Mormon. Are we ready for a Mormon? Are they racists? Has Mitt been forthcoming about his finances? How DID he get all that money?

Fairness and truth didn’t matter with Palin, and it won’t matter with Romney. In fact, a lot of “conservatives” still repeat discredited anti-Palin memes.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

What I want to see is her debating each of them.

ohiobabe on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

hmmm.. Maybe some Pre-season Debates

faraway on October 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Sarah Palin is the ultimate political underdog. She always has been but she always seems to come out ahead. She is the most misunderstood and underestimated politician in history but I have no doubt in her ability to get her message out to the masses. She will be the frontrunner for 2012 if she decides to throw her hat in the ring. Her book will help dispel many myths and her meat and potatoes political philosophy–frequently highlighted in her Facebook postings and recent op-eds will be a welcome change after this current administration wrecks their socialist havoc.

Redneck Woman on October 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM

This is such crap! Romney is finished after RomneyCare in Mass. and neither one of them could sell 10 books they wrote (even if they bought each others’). Nor could they attract more than 22 people to hear them speak!

Sarah Palin can sell 2 million books without having “a book” to sell. And let’s be honest – you’d need a stadium to hold a crowd if she spoke! I’d love to see her speak in one stadium ………with nit wit Marxist Messiah speaking in the stadium right next door – as long as you keep the goons from SEIU and Acorn out of the mix………….let’s just see who’d pack ‘um in! Huck and Romney could show up as ushers……….I don’t give a rat’s ass what the “polls” say now. By the time Sarah is finished with ‘um….this country will be begging to cast their ballots for her…………….she’s got the magic and don’t believe anything other than that. Time is on her side.

Cinday Blackburn on October 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM

The irony is the RINO is more liberal than the Dem, who’s aligned with Bela Pelosi. The RNC, NRCC, and NRSC are stuck on stupid. They are either misreading the public in believing that we’re a center-left country or they really want to lose and continue to be a minority party and let the Dems run things. After all, they still get invited to the really cool DC cocktail parties (where they get laughed at behind their backs) and look down their snooty noses at the Great Unwashed in Middle America.

pdigaudio on October 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM

She’s a witch!

faraway on October 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM

AP,

Gee, slow news day? This poll is utter nonsense. Neither one of these RINO’s will do as well as Captain Amnesty in 2008. We dont want another RINO! (sung to the “Thunderdome” theme)

President Palin 2012.

dogsoldier on October 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Whatever.

Firebird on October 19, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Deja Vu all over again…

Way back machine 1977

“George H. Bush is killing Ronnie. I guess Reagan is finished for 1980.”

maninthemiddle on October 19, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Is there no one who can pull the sword from the stone?

I.M. Shatner on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I’m taking wagers. Anyone wanna make me rich?

faraway on October 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM

That’s what I was thinking.

Time to lay those bets. Why? We know her star has bottomed and is now set to gradually rise.

The reason her numbers are down amongst GOP voters from back in June is that they don’t follow politics as close as we do and were surprised when she resigned her governorship.

Therefore, I suspect there are many who don’t think she is quite ready for POTUS, and/or they don’t understand the unusual circumstances of her position as governor and why it made good sense to resign to take her fight to Obama to the national level.

THAT will change. I’m sure she knew that she would take a short-term hit to her numbers, but outflank Axelrod & Co.

With Newt now endorsing the NY equivalent of Pelosi, there is ONLY ONE libertarian/conservative in the running assuming we leave out Ron Paul due to his ceiling at about 6%.

From now til the end of the year, her numbers are going up due to her book’s popularity and getting to hear her story in her words.

Sapwolf on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

These polls have become a joke. C’mon Allah we want more Balloon Boy and Rev. Al Sharpton suing Rush Limbaugh if Limbaugh doesn’t apologize for Wall Street Journal Op Ed posts.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I remain a staunch Palin supporter. If she’s smart–and I think she is–she won’t be discouraged by these early polls. What she needs to do, in my view, is more clearly address her decision to resign the governorship of Alaska. Those nuisance suits against her were costing her state millions in legal fees and taking up time better spent on people’s business, true enough but not good enough. We need backstory, a more in-depth, personalized explanation. We need her to name the names and motives of the people responsible for that legal vendetta–and the names and motives of the people supporting them. Perhaps she does explain everything in her book, I don’t know.

As much as I support and believe in Sarah Palin, I disagree with her decision and felt it was a disastrous move. No one likes a quitter. People need to be convinced she isn’t one, plain and simple.

troyriser_gopftw on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

He killed someone one the road. (I know it’s not true and unfair, but hey…)

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Well, actually he did kill someone, but it wasn’t his fault. It won’t matter a damn if he’s perceived to be a threat to Obama. Think “Palinistas” should be as stout in defending Mitt as Mitt fans have been in defending Palin? LOL

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

spmat on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

That’s probably a good bet.

You know, there is nothing genuine about this guy. I rolled my eyes big time today when I was coming home from Wal-Mart and I heard his little Huckabee Report thing on the radio. He was talking about some obscure story about a guy in Germany who threw hot sauce in some other dude’s eyes and injured him. The police were trying to figure out if the hot sauce was hot enough that it qualified as a weapon. Huck goes, “Well compared to my homemade venison chili, I’ll bet that hot sauce was no more potent than a bottle of ketchup!” Har-har-har! See, Huck makes his own chili, too, out of game meat he allegedly shoots himself. Please. This guy is so pathetic with his, “Look at me, I’m just like Sarah Palin” schtick. Huck, YOU WISH!!!

NoLeftTurn on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

she always seems to come out ahead.

Redneck Woman on October 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Well, not always. Unfortunately.

Abby Adams on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Good.

Like her or not, she’s too polarizing – and for the wrong reasons she should be polarized.

The GOP needs to desperately bring down the Obamatron, and Palin is not the women to do it.

You-Eh-Vee on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

cubachi on October 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Don’t forget to add the votes from the libs who’ll vote for her in open primary states thinking they’re throwing a wrench in the nominating process.

veni vidi vici on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

AP, you missed very important part of the article by rasmussen

dismissed as unacceptable in the eyes of Republicans in Washington, DC

Who really cares what the Republicans in DC want??!!!?? I personally prefer the average American to just about any Republican in DC!

Second question, from what I read, why did Rasmussen only poll GOPers in DC???

ConservativePartyNow on October 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Nobody asked me.

bessex on October 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Does she beat Ron Paul?

That’s the real question.

Abby Adams on October 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I don’t know, Dr. Paul always wins the internet polls. We’re just having problems getting this silent majority out to vote.

That might be too much. But seriously, I could see Paul or another libertarian candidate (not Bob Barr who is Republican Lite) get double digits in 2012 if Repubs nominate a hardcore liberal again.

The Dean on October 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I think Glenn Beck should run for the Presidency in 2012. Yes, Glenn Beck.

Lourdes on October 19, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Good Lord! Don’t we have anyone else other than the ‘been there done that”s from 2008? New faces, fresh blood and all that? I like Palin but I bet she is not planning to run in 2012.

IC on October 19, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Palin’s numbers have nowhere to go but up.

She’s already been “investigated” by the “media” for any and all dirt and they came up emtpy handed. All they and the democrats have left is personal insults and that won’t play.

darwin on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Yeah, like Boehner or Grahamnesty.

/is the Sarc tag really necessary?

Norwegian on October 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I can kinda understand yer disdain for Lindsay Graham…but why John Boehner?

JetBoy on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Beck/Lourdes 2012 !!!

darwin on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

To the pathetic POS who call himself Allahpundit:

Laugh now but you’re going to be crying a river in 2012 when your butt buddies, Flipper and Huck, are colored gone in the Republican primaries. They will both hang it up or already be gone after the South Carolina primary. I hope you’re still around so I can laugh at your sorry arse but I have a feeling that Michelle is going to send you back to the tollbooth long before that.

Percy_Peabody on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

This from a blogger that doesn’t have the balls to show his face.

As Gunga Dan would say, “COURAGE”.

Keep up the great work Allah Ed.

omnipotent on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I can kinda understand yer disdain for Lindsay Graham…but why John Boehner?

JetBoy on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Kinda? Kinda???

darwin on October 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM

You-Eh-Vee on October 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Like it or not, any successful candidate is by definition going to be polarizing. And like it or not, there’ll be just enough GOPers in 2012 to believe the b.s. about “appealing to the middle with a good moderate”. LOL It’ll be fun to watch and tragic at the same time. Bye bye, Mitt. Bye bye, squish Establishment. Palin 2016.

ddrintn on October 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM

LIZ CHENEY?

(pretty please please please pretty pretty please????)

Diane on October 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM

One other note: Neither Romney nor Huckabee will ever count my vote.

GoldenEagle4444 on October 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

davidk on October 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM

To the pathetic POS who call himself Allahpundit:

Why is it that anyone who doesn’t want Sarah Palin to represent the GOP is automatically slagged off like this?

Are all Palin supporters this rude?

Seriously, what’s wrong with you?

You-Eh-Vee on October 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Percy_Peabody on October 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Whoa there Percy.

darwin on October 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Liz/Lourdes 2012 !!!!!

darwin on October 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Like I said before, I like Palin, but we really have to concede that the Left has destroyed her as a candidate and move on. I honestly like her a lot, *and* think that nominating her would do nothing but guarantee another term for the Dems.

Sad. Not fair. Perhaps – but also reality.

Midas on October 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM

the VA governor race is two weeks out.

Relevance.