Mika Brzezinski: Nope, not too many conservatives at CBS when I was there

posted at 4:10 pm on October 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

Actually, what she says is that there weren’t many George W. Bush fans there, but I’ve got a crazy hunch that she doesn’t mean the place was populated with Bob Barr libertarians. This is so unsurprising that it barely qualifies as postworthy, but it’s a nice illustration of the point I made yesterday in the Axelrod post: The White House offensive against Fox News is doomed to fail because most of the public simply doesn’t see Fox as uniquely biased. When you’ve got people like Mika openly admitting which way the newsroom at “objective” outfits tilts, the carping from Axelrod and Anita Dunn about FNC looks every inch the partisan whining of spoiled media darlings that it is. I hope they keep it up and compound the damage, but with even Helen Thomas nudging them to shut up already, we probably won’t be that lucky. In any case, Fox isn’t waiting around to find out: Check out their new promo at Johnny Dollar’s place.

The deeper irony of this clip, of course, is that it aired on MSNBC, which has almost singlehandedly given FNC the cover it needs to go hardcore right-wing among its commentators. From Beck at 5 p.m. to a Colmes-less Hannity at nine, Fox certainly has moved further right over the past year. But when you’ve got the modern-day Murrow across the dial calling my boss a fascist bag of meat and Rachel Maddow showing off her repertoire of teabagging jokes at conservatives’ expense, precisely how much dudgeon is the public supposed to muster at Hannity recycling Republican talking points? Jonah Goldberg made a similar point this afternoon about Jacob Weisberg’s attack on Fox in the pages of Newsweek, a magazine that has itself become more overtly partisan recently in order to attract new readers (unsuccessfully so far). What’s the left’s real beef here? That Fox’s coverage is flavored with partisanship? Or that, unlike their liberal counterparts, there’s actually an audience for it? Click the image to watch.

Update: Whoops. Fixed my error in the headline.
brze

Comments

“Not too many liberals”?

o_0

Abby Adams on October 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Not many vampires on tv nowadays either

.src

blatantblue on October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Liberals? Where, they all seem to think like me…so the opinion makers state.
Hey guys, try reading “Bias”, it explains that what you see as “normal and middle of the road” is in the left hand turn lane of life.

right2bright on October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

You know, that was one of the most terrible things I’ve heard on TV in a long time. Damn Keith Olbermann to hell for that. I REALLY hate that man.

If Michelle Malkin were a liberal Olbermann would have had his ass BBQ’d for his hate speech.

portlandon on October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

“Not too many liberals”?

But plenty of Statists(Socialists,Progressives,Fascists,Leninists,Stalinists,Marxists, collectivists,communists….)

Juno77 on October 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I cannot stand Joe or Mika.
Let’s not forget that Imus and Sharpton spawned this show.

RobCon on October 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM

That’s got to stick in their craw.

AUINSC on October 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Well not liberal liberals, though there were a few liberals.

Bishop on October 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I treat all cable news forums equally, I can’t stand any of them, including Fox.

My only wish is that they be banned from public spaces, I don’t want to see any of these damn channels except if there is a catastrophe that warrants 24/7 coverage, like 9/11.

NoDonkey on October 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM

The title of this post is thoroughly confusing. Don’t you mean “not too many conservatives?”

KingGold on October 19, 2009 at 4:21 PM

not too many liberals

Just the right amount. Why would a self-respecting newsroom populate itself with mongoloids and sub-humans?

spmat on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

She’s a delight. This show is fun.

It’s a light touch about an issue that makes too many people too nuts.

American journalism has a long history of being “yellow.” It entered a tremendous heyday with Cronkite. That was the absolute pinnacle of objective journalism.

And like all peaks, it leads to valleys.

It is certainly no worse than in the beginning.

Journalism is, I believe, as Marcuse stated: Entertainment.

That’s now gone to the ultimate end. People are fed up.

It’ll swing back.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Morning Joe= one RINO (Joe), one fake-boobed talentless hack (Mika) and the completely forgettable Willie Geist plus scintillating guests like cesspool queen Arianna Huffington.

And yet it’s the only program I can stomach in PMSNBC-land. No wonder their ratings suck.

BlueStateBilly on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Oh, the caveats. Way too many caveats. They were all card-carrying democrats, Mika. Just say it, for God’s sake. They were democrats first, and reporters second. When a story — any story — could be tilted to favor democrat interests, every reporter, producer, and anchor you ever worked with at CBS News tilted it. Every. Single. Time. Just say it and stop with the conditional phrasing.

Rational Thought on October 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM

AP, you said last week that liberal criticism would shut the White House up and then they came out Sunday and doubled down on the strategy. I don’t think they’re going to listen to anyone and stop this.

Mark1971 on October 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Is it wrong for me to think Mika is sexy? Because I think she is.

Mr. Joe on October 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM

BlueStateBilly on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

LOL, your post made me laugh! Cute.

Gob on October 19, 2009 at 4:25 PM

one fake-boobed talentless hack (Mika)

BlueStateBilly on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

She’s fake-boobed?

Esthier on October 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM

From Beck at 5 p.m. to a Colmes-less Hannity at nine

Bring back Colmes, Hannity sucks…

ninjapirate on October 19, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I think it’s a little of both. Even after 13 years on the air, the drive-bys still can’t get used to a news channel that leans to the right. Hell, they couldn’t even handle one that’s centrist. For them, the left is mainstream. Scratch that. Nowadays, MoveOn.org and DailyKos are what’s considered mainstream.

And of course the other objection they have to FoxNews is that it’s killing them in the ratings. I mean, the top 13 cable news programs were all on that network. That’s unheard of. Now an intelligent news exec, you know the kind who’s interested in profit, might figure out that FoxNews is doing something right(no pun intended). And he or she would then attempt to emulate that. But instead, we have the drive-bys moving further to the left, doubling and tripling down on Obama’s agenda, insulting anyone who dares to disagree with them, and trying to isolate their competition instead of competing with them.

Doughboy on October 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Esthier on October 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM

All three hosts are fake boobs. Oh, wait. That’s not what you meant, is it.

kingsjester on October 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Bring back Colmes, Hannity sucks…

UPDATE: Seriously, something needs to happen… someone needs to give John Batchelor Hannity’s radio timeslot or give John Batchelor Hanity’s tv timeslot…

I like Joe and Mika… but I’m never in a position to tune in…

ninjapirate on October 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Hardcore right-wing? With Bob Beckel, Geraldo Rivera etc. on regularly?

They may have moved to the right (largely with Beck), but remember Murdoch cozied up to Hillary! at one point during the election.

If anything, the overall Fox News take is center-right. It just seems “right-wing” to denizens of Manhattan. And thin-skinned residents of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

cs89 on October 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Is it wrong for me to think Mika is sexy? Because I think she is.

Mr. Joe on October 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I get tired of her trying to pretend to be objective. But it is fun to see when the scales occasionally fall from her eyes. Somehow, however, she invariably veers left.

Beyond that, I agree. They look spectacular, but I’m not sure they’re real. I’m convinced that she had some worked done in the past six to nine months because one morning she showed up on the set, and I thought, “Where have those been hiding.” Indeed, I was flipping channels last night, and Desperate Housewives had a bit in its episode about Felicity Huffman’s character getting some work done. At first glance, I though it was Mika. Similar hairstyle, coloring, and body type.

BuckeyeSam on October 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Check out their new promo at Johnny Dollar’s place.

Good promo.

I still despise Shep and Jane Skinner. With a passion.

Branch Rickey on October 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM

GLAD YOU FINALLY POSTED THE VIDEO.

I’VE HAD IT UP FOR NEARLY 6 HOURS.

reliapundit on October 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM

reliapundit on October 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Fresh air can do wonders.

Joe Caps on October 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM

BRZEZINSKI: Yes, although I don’t think that CBS and NBC are actively pushing a perspective.
SCARBOROUGH: No, no they’re not.
BRZEZINSKI: I think they try their best to be objective.

tools…..

cmsinaz on October 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I like Joe and Mika… but I’m never in a position to tune in…

ninjapirate on October 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Oh, I am so in love with John Bachelor.

He IS my version of Gwin Ifell on PBS.

He’s fabulous.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM

However unintentionally, the MSM has been taking a lot of self-inflicted hits the past week or so. I’m so enjoying their dethroning that has been decades in the making.

Liam on October 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM

NEWS ALERT: Rev. Al Sharton is suing Rush Limbaugh!! Hannity is reporting this. Can anyone confirm??

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

This show is fun.
AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Fun? If being burned in acid is your idea of fun then yeah maybe…

Branch Rickey on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Seriously, Mika is authentic. I’m not sure the show is going to survive.

It’s not in the current venue of right/left, hard-edged.

But I don’t think even Bill O is in this new hard-edged news style

I don’t think any of the hard-edged news style guys will end up being heard.

They are simply too radical, whether on the right or the left.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

NY Daily News had it over the weekend.

Branch Rickey on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Fun? If being burned in acid is your idea of fun then yeah maybe…

Branch Rickey on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Really? Ok. I respect your reaction.

I find her charming.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Branch Rickey on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Thank you very much. This is almost as bad as ACORN suing Fox News.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 4:45 PM

It’s interesting, isn’t it, that Obooba et al think that by simply speaking something into existence -FNC’s incorrigible bias that disqualifies them as a news organization- voila! everyone’s gonna believe it.

“Who ya gonna believe Lucy, me or your lyin’ eyes?”

Akzed on October 19, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Proving beyond the shadow of a doubt that “objective” journalism is a joke and always has been.

Hiding behind this ideal has been very useful for the MSM…it’s not surprising they don’t want this illusion dispelled.

Asher on October 19, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Rev. Al Sharton is suing Rush Limbaugh!!

What, for definition of character?

If there is a bigger pile of worthless dogcrap in this country than Al Sharpton, I can’t think of it.

If there were any justice in this country, Al the a-hole would still be locked up for the deaths and mayhem he’s responsible for.

NoDonkey on October 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Oh, I am so in love with John Bachelor.

He IS my version of Gwin Ifell on PBS.

He’s fabulous.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM

You really need to get out more often.

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM

What is stupid about this is that Dems and Indies watch FNC in huge numbers too.

The Obama administration is not attacking FNC because they think they are a network for the GOP.

They are attacking Fox News beause they have made inroads into the homes of Dems and Indies.

That’s why.

If they were convinced ONLY GOP TV viewers watched Fox, they wouldn’t bother.

Fox is just a better more professional news network. Outside of its opinion shows, it is by far the most objective compared to anything I see out there. It is not even close.

Sapwolf on October 19, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Dire Straits on October 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Is he actually suing? I thought he was just threatening to sue. The man’s an even bigger idiot than I thought if he goes forward with this. Rush and every other conservative will destroy him with endless montages of him saying inciteful things.

Doughboy on October 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM

It probably makes them cry every time somebody brings up ratings. Lefties can never explain it away, either. AUINSC on October 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Oh they can explain it away (rationalize it), but they can’t honestly explain it.

Just today on another thread, some libtard was saying that FNC’s higher ratings are due to conservatives having more time to watch TV than libtards.

Akzed on October 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Bob Barr’s record was a poor excuse for a libertarian, as well.

The Dean on October 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

There is some respect that comes with admitting you have a bias. At least people know where you stand. It’s the journalists who claim they have no bias when they actually do who need to go.

apacalyps on October 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Is it wrong for me to think Mika is sexy? Because I think she is.

Mr. Joe on October 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM

one fake-boobed talentless hack (Mika)

BlueStateBilly on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

She’s fake-boobed?

Esthier on October 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Joe, how could anything that feels so right be wrong? I’m with you.

Essie – don’t listen to Billy; he’s obviously nuts and couldn’t possibly have inside info on Mika’s cupcakes. I think they look very nice and not the least bit fake.

Jaibones on October 19, 2009 at 5:21 PM

. . .
AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Ann, you must be too young to remember the Tet Offensive in Vietnam. The attack by the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong was a military disaster for them as over 10,000 were slaughtered by the U.S. Military. Even the N. Vietnamese General Giap said after Tet, that the war as lost for the Commies. But, hey, what did Uncle Walter say? “The war is lost” for the Americans.

Cronkite objective? My big ole southern ass.

BigAlSouth on October 19, 2009 at 5:47 PM

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I was referring to the “banter” between Mika and Joe. To me, it makes Katie Couric and Matt Lauer look almost deep.

:D

Branch Rickey on October 19, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Okay I’m watching Beck and once again am completely amazed at the brazen way this administration is trying to control every aspect of our society! How can we let this happen? Why are the networks allowing any President to tell them what should be in their artistic content? Why? Has everyone gone insane? Can it possibly be true that the networks want to be controlled by this or any government? Is a free people really just turning over their freedom because Obama has a pretty face? Why!

petunia on October 19, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Cronkite. That was the absolute pinnacle of objective journalism.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

And that’s why it shouldn’t be legalized. Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

Ronnie on October 19, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Cronkite. That was the absolute pinnacle of objective journalism.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

At first I thought you were just stupid, and then it seemed obvious to me that you are actually functionally retarded in some way.

But now I’m convinced that you are a sock puppet that Allah has created to stir up boring posts.

Admit it, AP, this is satire, isn’t it?

Jaibones on October 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM

She’s fake-boobed?

Esthier on October 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I changed my perspective on this one, too, Esthier. Did she actually say that she believes CBS and ABC’s “news” assclowns are trying to be objective?

Sigh. Despite having the integrity to admit that she has worked with one person in her news career (besides douche-Joe) who might have voted for George Bush, she is still deluded about what that really means.

Jaibones on October 19, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Admit it, AP, this is satire, isn’t it?

Jaibones on October 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM

yes, JB, I mentioned this on another thread a half-hour or so ago. “Ann” is AllahPundit, working out his Inner Demons by posing as a dimwitted loopy over-medicated dingbat from the Golden State

Janos Hunyadi on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Angry sexy Mika

Mr. Joe on October 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Every once in a while Joe will stand up for Conservatives. Once in a great while Mika will say something truthful and constructive. She is wrong though about CBS not pushing a perspective, Dan Rather sure as heck did.

Now go out and get Bernard Goldberg (Possibly the one Mika is talking about)and interview him about his book Bias.

jpmn on October 19, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Janos Hunyadi on October 19, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Like minds. I swear I didn’t steal your meme, Janos. She’s a major nitwit.

Jaibones on October 20, 2009 at 1:29 AM

SCARBOROUGH: No, no they’re not.
BRZEZINSKI: I think they try their best to be objective.

tools…

cmsinaz on October 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM.

Jaibones on October 20, 2009 at 1:34 AM

What’s in a name? Mika Brzezinski enough said. When I saw this piece, I was surprised that Mr. Scareubro let her speak.

Just watch and remember these are the people who tell you what is politically correct to say and do and that it is immature to label people with monikers as A$$holes, and worse. But, it is OK for them to use these words? Yes, according to the left it is perfectly OK, because it is a ‘teachable’ moment.

Do not turn over your ovaries or testicles to these people because you do not want to see what they want to create.

This Administration resembles the “Munsters” and the first family the “Adams Family” on steroids.

MSGTAS on October 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM

But plenty of Statists (Socialists, Progressives, Fascists, Leninists, Stalinists, Marxists, collectivists, communists….)

That!

TBenton on October 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Cronkite. That was the absolute pinnacle of objective journalism.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

One problem, Cronkite was never objective. It just appeared to be more objective because there were no alternate news sources to demonstrate how badly he slanted the news.

MarkTheGreat on October 20, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Is that the same Cronkite who declared that in order to be a good journalist, you had to be a liberal?

MarkTheGreat on October 20, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Joe, how could anything that feels so right be wrong? I’m with you.

Jaibones on October 19, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I tried this morning, but all I could feel was the front of the monitor. What’s your secret?

MarkTheGreat on October 20, 2009 at 1:05 PM

*rolling eyes*

I’m done with all these stories about what someone said at some academic gathering.

I saw an article about how McCain quoted Mao, too. LOL*

Good grief. Great people are often quoted, regardless of their politics.

AnninCA on October 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Anyone who thinks mao was a great person deserves all the ridicule she gets. Moron.

runawayyyy on October 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM