Obama to conservatives: Grab a mop and help me clean up your mess

posted at 3:35 pm on October 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

The good news: The “socialist mop” line made me laugh. The bad news: He’ll be telling us it’s our mess that he’s cleaning up until, oh, 2015 or so at the earliest. How he’s planning to blame the stimulus waste or inevitable cost overruns on health care on the right isn’t yet clear to me, but have faith. He’ll find a way. It’s … what he does.

Question: Given the electoral realities in Congress these days, is it really the right that’s his biggest pain in the ass?

“Can I speak freely about the liberal whiners?” asks a well-connected Democratic strategist. “These are the same people who have never participated in, much less won, a campaign, who have no idea what it takes to maintain a majority and keep a speaker of our party, who want Obama to kowtow to the loony Left, and then they’re going to be the ones who say, ‘What happened?’ in November 2010, when we lose the House and possibly the Senate and maybe a lot of governorships.”…

What to do? “Triangulate, baby, triangulate,” the Democratic strategist says. The netroots fringes are not only the loudest but also the least liked segment of the Democratic Party. If Obama, as well as Reid and Pelosi, are seen as standing up to the extremes on their side, that can’t hurt with moderate and conservative Democrats, as well as with the independents who have been abandoning the president in droves.

“Some disappointment and carping on the Left is good for Obama politically,” the strategist explains. “He needs to manage the Left well enough that he gets a [health care] bill passed, but not well enough that they shut up completely.”

Meanwhile, a good catch here by David Boze’s producer Jake. Weren’t we told just two months ago that when it comes to cleaning up messes, the best thing we can do is to shut up and get out of the way?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Obama’s posturing. He has FAILED, so now he has to deflect and, to some degree, genuflect.

I love it!

He’s coming apart. Think of it this way: if he needs those he blames for a mess to clean it up, it shows he’s not capable of being some sort of fixer.

He just told everyone everything, if we’re willing to hear the inflections.

Liam on October 16, 2009 at 6:24 PM

As BarackNapoleon was trying to deceive the neighbors in he was also tricking his own sheeple. The scapegoat was again SnowBush. Whenever anything went wrong it became usual to attribute it to SnowBush. In fact many of the claims begin to sound ridiculous to the objective mind. Of course, Squealer Rahm and AxleGreasy’s mission is to keep everything clouded in the minds of the sheeple.

Cheshire Cat on October 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Such presidential prose. Such dignity in the office. I am in awe!

patriotparty1 on October 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Dude.
You are so NOT tired, YOU grab the freakin’ mop, with your free hand.

Yellowdog12 on October 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Yellowdog12 on October 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM

OH CRAP! I left off part of the sentence…”with your free hand that’s not twirling the teleprompter”.

Yellowdog12 on October 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM

We’re trying to tell you, ObamAyres, if you’d just flap open those jug ears of yours instead of flapping your lips: That’s not a mop you’ve got ahold of there — that’s a fire hose.

starboardhelm on October 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Aaaaand this is “post-partisan” how?

pjean on October 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Mob..lol. He’s ruminating about the movement gathering against his Marxist takeover.
He’s worried.

Itchee Dryback on October 16, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I vote for the broom as well so we can sweep these loons out of office. REGIME CHANGE!

Philly on October 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM

What the h*ll,they said Nancy had a clean House!!!!

They lied again!!

canopfor on October 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

He seems to forget he did serve (loose definition of the term, I know) in the Senate during a portion of those years. For once, I’d like to hear which policies, specifically, are problematic to him.

Neo-con Artist on October 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Dear god, I don’t think I could be anymore full of rage. When does civil war start? I’m fully ready now.

Ghoul aid on October 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Conservatives are under his skin. It is so very fun to watch his slow-n-steady meltdown after only 8-9 months.

uknowmorethanme on October 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Just despicable. He was part of the “let’s crash Fanny crew” in Congress since 2006.
Obama says everyone is an enemy, at least when it’s convenient for him to do so. Hope he has a substantial mop for all the sh*t he’s spreading.

elclynn on October 16, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Maybe he’s upset about the welcome he got in San Fran and TX. from the simple people.

elclynn on October 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM

When does civil war start? I’m fully ready now.

Ghoul aid on October 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Funny, today is the anniversary of John Brown’s raid–150 years after he launched the raid that kindled the Civil War.

lovingmyUSA on October 16, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Obama to conservatives: Grab a mop and help me clean up your mess

Gale: All right, ya hayseeds, it’s a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground.
Feisty Hayseed: Well, which is it, young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if’n I freeze, I can’t rightly drop. And if’n I drop, I’m a-gonna be in motion. You see…
Gale: Shut up!

Rae on October 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

oh obama you mean the mess that
DEMOCRATS MADE WHEN THEY

Forced the banks to loan all their money to the poor who couldnt pay it back or figure out interest payments?

or

Forced the banks to loan all their money to all the ILLEGAL mexicans flowing over the border?

or the failed re-investment act that build up billions of dollars of failed office space in downtown areas (oh like chicago)where they are killing each other in the streets with 2×4 ‘s?

No wonder no SANE folks with money wont go shopping downtown
they dont want to end up comming home in a herse..

veteranoutrage on October 16, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Allah,

2015 or so at the earliest? What are you smokin? He is a one term President.

Dr Evil on October 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I’d rather have Laurel and Hardy mop up the mess…would do far less harm.

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

You mean this? (There’s even a hospital clip at the end…)

lovingmyUSA on October 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Cool…6 (altogether) of my favorite entertainers…thanks for that!

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

This tool has zero integrity and is totally classless (no I’m not a racist). His administration will go down as the most corrupt, inept and thuggish administration in US history. He doesn’t even sound presidential, constantly whining and carping about how he’s cleaning up messes, blah, blah, blah. Not that he’s making any messes- oh certainly not.

President Reagan had plenty to gripe about with Jimmy Carter’s mess, but you didn’t hear him cry about it. He just rolled up his sleeves and went to work. I just turn the channel when Obama is on because I can’t stand to listen his BS for even thirty seconds.

alwaysright43 on October 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Yes, please grab a mop and start earning some of that “Obama money” y’all was cacklin’ about and carryin’ on over last week when you stood in line with thousands of ohers last week in Dee-troit, lookin’ for the latest gub’mint handout.

Goldy1 on October 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Allah,

2015 or so at the earliest? What are you smokin? He is a one term President.

Dr Evil on October 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Not if he’s the anti-Christ.

Goldy1 on October 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM

certainly not.

alwaysright43 on October 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Barry Obumma is the only president in the history of America who never stopped campaigning after winning election to the nation’s highest office. You’d think he’d take a few months off to at least write a few stump speeches for his run in 2012.

Goldy1 on October 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm. I know what you can do wid dat mop.

thebookkeeper on October 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Is Obama ever going to be the President or is he going to continue to blame everybody else like a whiny little brat.

I mean if Bush is going to be held responsible for what is going on in this Nation 10 months into Mr. Hope and
Changes Presidency, then shouldn’t Bush have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize.

Baxter Greene on October 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I, too, am filled with rage. Based on the guy that was debating Juan Williams last night on O’Reilly (and told Juan to get back on the “porch”), and one of the Dim supporters on O’Reilly tonight (who was practically screaming), I think they’ve been told to pull out all the stops. These guys were over the top.

Tomorrow morning we have a “Combat Boot Camp” here in Dallas. Mark Davis is the host. I think there will be some rowdy patriots in the building.

It’s tragic to watch Oblahblah, such a fish out of water. Never held a job, has to make decisions, oh my oh my, what’s a child supposed to do? (And no, not racist…factual – you all know)

Yellowdog12 on October 16, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Help me clean up “Your mess”….
Mr. 57 states teleprompter must be broken again:

The final tally for fiscal 2009, which ended Sept. 30, was nearly $1 trillion greater than the $459 billion deficit for fiscal 2008.
This year’s deficit translates to nearly 10 percent of the size of the economy, up from 3.2 percent of gross domestic product for last year’s deficit, according to a joint statement from the Treasury Department and the Office of Management and Budget.

Unless the democrats can prove they have been on Mars or somewhere besides controlling Congress since 2006, “your mess” includes you Obama and your liberal friends on the hill.

Baxter Greene on October 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I am getting the distinct impression that Comrade Hussein is losing his mind as more and more he seems like John Dean when he speaks to us lowly ones.

Dhuka on October 16, 2009 at 11:37 PM

The buck stops over at that mop you should be holding.

unclesmrgol on October 17, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Oh Yes, it was the free market Conservatives that were forcing banks to make home loans to people who couldn’t afford the loan.

Oh… wait a minute, that was Democrats, ACORN and the community activist set ramming the bad loans down the banks throats and telling them to go ahead, make the loans and sell them to Fannie or Freddie. What could go wrong?

From here it looks like the mess has Obama’s community and fingerprints all over the ugly man made disaster!

RJL on October 17, 2009 at 12:08 AM

I’ve seen enough graphs and statistics to see who’s mess this really is….

Scrappy on October 17, 2009 at 12:34 AM

You can bet that if any conservative does grab a mop to “help”, the liberals will take a place on their butts to watch how it’s done. It’s a “Union shop”.

Cybergeezer on October 17, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Hey, I gots lotsa mops!

Different sizes, too… .22, .30, .32, .45, 12ga, 4ga bore AND chamber!

And I definitely DO clean up my own messes, tyvm. Actually had problems getting mops for awhile there… seems a lot of folks are learning how to clean up those messes. I don’t take kindly to cleaning those up, as it means I just create more work for myself.

ajacksonian on October 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM

The idiot-in-chief steps in it again!!! What utter class, style and eloquence; extremely presidential…NOT! Still on the campaign train, cause he cannot do anything else. What an total loser!

jgdp on October 17, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Obama is a jackass.

long_cat on October 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM

He was voted in because he would bring change. Now he’s whining that he can’t bring change because he needs help.

Phoenician on October 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Some people don’t want me to say this, but that son-of-a-***** has wasted more money in a few months than anyone else in history and now he wants to blame it on me.

**** him with a post-hole digger.

This is not funny, and the traitors in the leftist media have 100% failed in the job they describe themselves as having.

Now we have to do our jobs AND their jobs. Still.

I think Obama passed funny in the campaign and went into pathetic before he was inaugurated, and the way the MSM will do anything to protect him makes me infuriated.

I’m just sick of these ********. They aren’t leaders, they’re tenants, and they’ve wrecked the place less than a quarter of the way through the lease. They need to be evicted before they torch the place.

Merovign on October 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Obama to conservatives: Grab a mop and help me clean up your mess

Would someone please inform this Whining idiot that he was a US Senator (one of the 3 branches of our government, true!) for the last 4 years.

Then inform him that the Dems (his party) controlled the Senate for 4 years of the Bush Admin. True, the first 2 years and the last 2 years, when the economy went south.

Then inform him that the Dems (his party) controlled ALL of Congress for the last 2 years, or when things really headed south.

The FACT that he (along with all the dems in congress) does not know this might help explain why the economy is in the shape it is!

DSchoen on October 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM