Video: Chris Matthews apologizes for his Rush Limbaugh death fantasy, sort of

posted at 6:45 pm on October 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

Skip ahead to 2:04. I believe him, actually. The uncanny sense one has listening to Matthews is that his mouth moves faster than his brain. When you’re saddled with that handicap, you’re bound to talk your way into analogies that come out … the wrong way.

Besides, I think we have to grade him on the curve. By MSNBC’s standards of violent imagery over the past 24 hours, this was pretty tame.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Sorry, I don’t buy it. Matthews is an insincere hypocrite.

davecatbone on October 15, 2009 at 4:53 AM

“Skip ahead to 2:04. I believe him, actually”

It seems he can barely keep a straight face and worked hard to keep from breaking out laughing, so I hope you meant that as sarcasm.

JeffinSac on October 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Matthews = tool/loser (can’t decide)

Khun Joe on October 15, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I don’t know how anyone can believe that lying sack of smarm is being sincere.

Guess Chrissy is just doing his best to emulate his Beloved The One.

Niere on October 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Chris Matthews apologizes-I believe him, actually

Apparently your definition of apologizing is a lot different than mine. I must have missed any words like “I’m sorry,, blah, blah, blah.” All I heard was “While I was extremely clever to find such an appropriate bash for a guy with an over inflated ego I should have just left it to you cool people to get my drift.”

katiejane on October 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Will…no…click…on…anything…msnbc…

lovingmyUSA on October 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Chris Matthews…the latest graduate from the David Letterman School of Apologies.

Paradox Drive on October 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM

No words of apology were ever uttered. “I shouldn’t have gone into as much detail about Mr Big’s demise” is not the same as saying “I’m sorry for implying that Rush Limbaugh should be killed in the same manner as Mr Big”.

And JeffinSac is right: if you have a stupid sh*t-eating grin on your face while you say it, you’re not sincere.

landshark on October 15, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Have another drink, Chris.

Here’s looking at you, kid!

olesparkie on October 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM

This guyis one of the biggest assclowns out there. I wonder if he got that tingly feeling up his leg when he was slamming Rush??
He is just another phoney bologna dummycrap liberal.

shawno on October 15, 2009 at 12:51 PM

This “man” can suck my balls.

You know….metaphorically…..and uh….cinematically.

omnipotent on October 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

This creep shoulr be fired immediately.

TrickyDick on October 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Don’t worry about his comments. With his show ratings, no one heard him anyway.

generouse on October 15, 2009 at 2:06 PM