Video: Matthews muses on killing Rush Limbaugh

posted at 12:55 pm on October 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Call this the opposite of a tingle up one’s leg. No surprise here from the classiest cable network to drag anchor in the ratings, but consider if someone on Fox had offered this kind of fantasy musing on air about a liberal show host — say, Keith Olbermann or Matthews himself. The Left would have screamed about fascism and brownshirts, and of crypto-signaling for assassinations and the like:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big?  In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up.  I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp.  That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto.  Are you watching, Rush?

Live and Let Die?  Matthews is into the Roger Moore Bond films?  That explains a lot, actually.

Note too, that Matthews isn’t using the dishonest “some people are saying” dodge here, either.  He’s openly wistful for the day it happens, telling Politico’s Jonathan Martin and Washington Post reporter Anne Kornblut that “we’ll be there to watch” when someone offs Rush.

Classy.  Really, really classy.  Does NBC want to stand behind this standard for its broadcasts?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

They’ve been saying this about Rush for decades. Dream on, Chrissy.

princetrumpet on October 13, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Does NBC want to stand behind this standard for its broadcasts?

I don’t think even NBC watches this @ssclown’s broadcast.

Browncoatone on October 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Surely Chrissie is speaking metaphorically. What’s the context for this? The NFL?? The hypocrisy is obvious (like, DUH, when aren’t the MSM and the Left hypocrites?) but without knowing more I can’t get too outraged over this (other than to note how stunningly impolitic it is).

Buy Danish on October 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM

As the dollar tanks even further and gold rises…
What am I missing here…another Shirley Bassey song…ah yes…

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Matthews = Over. The. Line.

Be careful what you wish for Chrissy…

Coastal Paradise on October 13, 2009 at 5:08 PM

oops…

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Someone may try, but “Prissy” “Crhissy” wouldn’t have the guts. What a poor excuse for a man, let alone a reporter. Must be because the O hasn’t shared the any “tingles” for him.

hillbilly on October 13, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Well, this is actually a step up in ‘machoness’ for Chrissy…
His usual movie fantasy is a Brokeback Mountain scene between him and 0bama.

LegendHasIt on October 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Those are great broadcasting standards NBC have. I wonder if Chris had another warm tingley thrill going up his leg when he said that!

BigMike252 on October 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Brokeback Mountain fantasy…LOL

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Are you watching, Rush?

The answer to the delusional CHRIS MATTHEWS is simply, like most of the nation, NO.

No one is watching your pathetic little show on that pathetic little station MSDNC

DSchoen on October 13, 2009 at 6:40 PM

BigMike252 on October 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

No that was just his “depends” dipper leaking again

DSchoen on October 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Of all the villians James Bond has killed over the decades, Chris Matthews chose the black one to make his death threat.

Sounds like a clear-cut case of Matthews’ racism to me.

AaronGuzman on October 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

If there is anything in his typically useless diatribe that might even come close to a criminal/indictable/misdemeanor/civil offence then this jerk who falsly claims to be a journalist should be pursued.

And while I’m on it – who requlates what’s said on-air – there must be a body that monitors this crap – who are they and where are they.

This offensive wanker should be pursued not just through the criminal/civil courts but also via the profession he purports to be a part of.

Who’s investigating this knob’s background – betcha there’s loads of stuff he wouldn’t want published here, there, or anywhere….

karra on October 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

karra on October 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I was just wondering this myself – I think I’ll go to the FCC website and file a complaint. This can’t be legal.

Oh, wait, I forgot, Obama’s president now. Naturally it’s legal…

jdawg on October 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Chris Trickle Tinkle is looking more and more like Mr. Big. Some day someone might fill him with alka seltzer and give him a drink of water and watch him blow up! Ha ha ha,I kid ,I kid!

MCGIRV on October 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Only MSNBC would continue to employ that pile of goat dung.

rplat on October 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Oops looks like that transient neuropathy of the leg has now moved to the brain. He is now imagining that Rush would pay attention to his show.

chemman on October 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM

He was obviously speaking metaphorically. He doesnt foresee Limbaugh being murdered, but something he says or does blowing up in his face (like the McNabb thing).

That said, Matthews is an idiot, so go after him if you really want to.

But it’s fun to compare/contrast the outrage at Limbaugh “death threats” to the desire for blood in the headline thread about Jamie Foxx and Roman Polanski. Yes, yes: what Polanski did was way way way worse than anything Limbaugh has done. But to see outright bloodlust in that thread compared to shock and outrage at this obviously nonserious silliness is amusing and instructive.

orange on October 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

would this be silliness and amusing if obama had been the subject??

Ris4victory on October 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Stay classy? You can’t stay what you never were.

RobCon on October 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Ah, go j*** off to Obama Bin Laden’s pic you pathetic tingle-legged excuse for a man being!

cableguy615 on October 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

This turd wants Rush to attack him so his name will reach roughly 40 times more people than it does now. Groveling for gold.

mytralman on October 13, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I am glad Hot Air runs these stories, because I would have NO IDEA WHAT MSNBC EVER DOES without HA…

How do these networks ever get anyone to buy advertising time? Amazing…

Khun Joe on October 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

How do these networks ever get anyone to buy advertising time? Amazing…

Khun Joe on October 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

NBC, CNBC and MSNBC are owned, wholly or in part, by GE*. Running GE ads on their networks is loss leader, I suppose.

*Full disclosure: GE is wholly owned by The Precedent.

ya2daup on October 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Matthews is reminds me of that brunette in “Dr. No” who gets used by Bond and then walks into a police car thinking its a cab.
Or that cabaret singer in “Goldfinger” who gets used by Bond and then blackjacked.
Or that redhead in “You Only Live Twice” who gets used by Bond and then fed to the pirhanas.
Or that–but you get the idea.

Chris_Balsz on October 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM

If I were Rush, I’d sue his tingle off-and then some more. Him personally, then the show mastermind then the whole network for allowing death wishes/fantasies to be widespread on TV.

If something happens to Rush this week, I’d say it’s both the murderer’s and Chrissy’s fault. Is it me or should all conservatives have to start doing this? I am a Dittofan and definitely NOT gonna take this lightly. They have done plenty on Sarah, now this pos?

Pass me the Midol…STAT!

ProudPalinFan on October 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Matthews reminds me of that brunette Bond uses in “Dr No” and then throws to the cops.

Or that cabaret singer in “Goldfinger” that Bond uses and then stops a blackjack with.

Or that redhead in “You Only Live Twice” that Bond uses and then gets fed to pihranas.

Or–but you get the idea.

Chris_Balsz on October 13, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Matthews is sickening. Disgusting animal.

JellyToast on October 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Someone should spike the heroin that Chris Matthew’s son shoots and sells to school kids.

Jerricho68 on October 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM

sorry, dunno why those posts circled awhile before landing

Chris_Balsz on October 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Remember jsut last week when
All of the liberals were CRYING and SCREAMING
about the virtolous attitude by the american people

Remember when they TOLD all of YOU (again the americans)
To just shut the hell up and called you an angry MOB

But now ..
Suddendly its ok for the LEFTISTS and DEMOCRATS
TO openly debate and fantasize about KILLING
FELLOW american citizens because these same
DEMOCRATS AND LEFTISTS dont like you spouting off your opinion..

This reminds me of some foreign governments
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

If you or I said this SAME statement about the
COMMANDER IN THEIF obama

we would be paid a visit by the secret service and probably
JAILED for up to a year in pelosiz stockade..

These DEMOCRATS / LEFTISTS and COMMUNISTS
ARE DANGEROUS TO YOUR FREEDOM AND MAYBE YOUR LIFE..

I dont care if you dont like it..
too damned bad..

its comming folks..
Even my pastor is stating persecuiton is comming
to the United States of America

You WILL BE
HUNTED DOWN
CHARGED based upon secret state evidence
JAILED without legal representation
AND very possibly KILLED

ALL because you (TRIED to exercise) your RIGHT to free speech..

May God have mercy on our souls
because obama and the democrats will not..

THEY WILL DESTROY YOU
WITHOUT REMORSE
WITHOUT PITY
WITHOUT GUILT
WITHOUT EVIDENCE

They will do this GLEEFULLY thinking they have done
their FALSE god (read obama) a valuable service..

veteranoutrage on October 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Here’s my wish for Chris Matthews

CEA_Agent on October 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

If there is any violence perpetrated against Rush Limbaugh, Townhall Protesters, Tea Partiers or any Conservative, I will hold Chris Mathews and MSNBC/NBC/Universal/GE responsible. This kind of hate-rhetoric will lead to violence.

DeathB4Tyranny on October 13, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Rush will “blow up like a blimp?” Chrissy,Rush is positively svelte! Now how much excess weight do YOU need to lose?
And, you sure are arrogant to think Rush listens to you..or that anyone else does, for that matter.

lizzee on October 14, 2009 at 6:35 AM

Matthews’ psychosis advances from a mere shivering leg to full blown fantasies of murder.

applebutter on October 14, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Why would Rush care what Matthews says.Matthews is a gnat in comparison to Rush in the broadcasting industry. Not worth Rush even replying to.

Jeff from WI on October 14, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Sorry people. I can’t watch this assclown or even click on a video. It’s that slurping his own saliva thing when he talks(especially when he gets that certain tingle) that throws me. Not to mention he’s one of the biggest morons in media whose two biggest competitors are Keitho the Klown and David(Puppet)Shuster. Must be something in the water at MSLSD. Electric Kool-Aid I guess….They’re all having a bad trip….

adamsmith on October 14, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Given that Matthews can be considered a GE product, I do not even buy their light bulbs any more.

darktood on October 14, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I would have a supena served in a flash, and a TRO so fast Matthews would be swimming in whatever the material is that is causing the tingle up his leg.

MSGTAS on October 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM

This is what Matthews said….

In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp.

Seems pretty clear what he meant, we could even call it “obvious”….now, here’s what the idiot orange said….

orange on October 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

There are things that people say that are plain dumb, but even stupid people occasionally get something right, if just because the odds are eventually overwhelmingly with them. orange, on the other hand, can only be described as a blatant liar. Personally, I think it’s name is “hillary”.

runawayyyy on October 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM

So, if something happens to Mr. Limbaugh, we should arrest Chris Matthews for it, right?

I mean, that’s what the Left keeps telling us should be the standard for the likes of O’Reilly, Limbaugh, and Savage. Every time a leftist dies of a violent act (which occurs more or less randomly, as life is full of risks) it’s the fault of anybody who’s accurately pointed out the vicious character of the positions they’ve taken, or the proper moral price of having defended such vice. Why shouldn’t the same standard apply when a morally empty ponce like Matthews actively longs for a violent act against the right?

Or, is it possible that leftists think that morals only apply to their adversaries? Or perhaps they don’t even believe that what they’re applying are moral rules, they just find them convenient tools with which to assault their adversaries? What does that make leftists, I wonder?

philwynk on October 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Chris better be careful, he might need a job one day and the only one available with his credentials will be as the carrier of Limbaugh’s massively fat wallet.

Now, my 2-cents worth on Bond movies. Lazenby has got to be the worse. Dalton and Craig are both so-so. Brosnan and Moore carry Connery’s coattails. I don’t include Niven since his original “Casino Royale” was meant more as a spoof/comedy. And as far as Bond women go, Ursula Andress by a landslide. What an iconic entry and look.

TQM38a on October 14, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Chris Matthews gets the “Creepiest Freak on TV” award, especially when he’s attracted to a female guest, or a presidential candidate.

DFCtomm on October 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I have a .50 cal. lollipop Matthews can suck on.

Cybergeezer on October 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM