Video: Matthews muses on killing Rush Limbaugh

posted at 12:55 pm on October 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Call this the opposite of a tingle up one’s leg. No surprise here from the classiest cable network to drag anchor in the ratings, but consider if someone on Fox had offered this kind of fantasy musing on air about a liberal show host — say, Keith Olbermann or Matthews himself. The Left would have screamed about fascism and brownshirts, and of crypto-signaling for assassinations and the like:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big?  In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up.  I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp.  That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto.  Are you watching, Rush?

Live and Let Die?  Matthews is into the Roger Moore Bond films?  That explains a lot, actually.

Note too, that Matthews isn’t using the dishonest “some people are saying” dodge here, either.  He’s openly wistful for the day it happens, telling Politico’s Jonathan Martin and Washington Post reporter Anne Kornblut that “we’ll be there to watch” when someone offs Rush.

Classy.  Really, really classy.  Does NBC want to stand behind this standard for its broadcasts?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

kingsjester on October 13, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Did you hear Beck’s response….we ALL owe our freedom to RUSH for his work during the 1990′s…we, the opposition, wouldn’t be here, otherwise…Fox either.

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Chrissy has to stop peeing down his leg first….

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I think he uses a bag now, the Prostatitis from his compulsive masterbation has finally gotten to him.

inevitable on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

–you just gave the moron 100 times the audience by posting his rant on Hot Air!

chickasaw42 on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Get someone to blow in your ear and give you a refill, Ann.

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

He’s still around. He’s just comments from time to time.

kingsjester on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

IMHO, Mathews is treading on some mighty weak legal ground here. To incite someone to such action would be considered nearly the same as the completed act and if this isn’t incitement, what is??? And the entire company could be held accountable for “knowingly allowing” this idiot to take down the company at the knees.

I would suspect that the legal beagles upstairs are having a minor conniption long about now.

GoldenEagle4444 on October 13, 2009 at 1:22 PM

The Left constantly calls for violence against conservatives, so my guess is neither Chrissy nor MSDNC really seeks that as that unusual (the old leftwing cocoon).

If however there is violence committed against the likes of Palin, Limbaugh, or Beck I think you’ll see things escalate way beyond criminal charges fast. The Left is playing with fire and they really are too insulated to notice.

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Hey Ann, this thread is about Rush, not Beck.

Not really. It’s about KO.

One thing I’ve never quite figured out. When I see his ratings, and his schtick, I just wrote him off.

As long as blogs make him relevant, he’ll last.

I think KO is about at the bottom of the ratings barrell. Who cares, really, what he says? Nobody is watching!

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Abby Adams on October 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

like the pics of him in a swimsuit????

would terryannonline have a problem with that as well?

Ghoul aid on October 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM

like the pics of him in a swimsuit????

would terryannonline have a problem with that as well?

Ghoul aid on October 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I heard about your run in with the village idiot.

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Yeah. It was a great response. It’s like Pat said. Rush saved AM Radio and basically created a new form of Radio Proamming.

kingsjester on October 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM

So a little Boy Scout is going to be sent to reform school for carrying a pocket knife, while a grown man on tv can salivate over the thought of killing someone he doesn’t like?

It boggles the mind.

Mulligan on October 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I mostly don’t like any of them. My other complaint? They are all terribly repetitive. They beat every story to death.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

That’s part of the TV/radio business though. On the internet you write an article and people will come and read it when they want to – it isn’t going anywhere. If you have a daily show, however, people might not watch the show from start to finish, they might miss a day or two, etc.

It is one of the advantages of the internet over the other two communication technologies – however, could luck reading HotAir on the commute. :)

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Me: Hey Ann, this thread is about Rush, not Beck.
Ann: Not really. It’s about KO.

Video: Matthews muses on killing Rush Limbaugh

Huh?

kingsjester on October 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM

lol. i haven’t posted in awhile and last night i got the full treatment from him/her/it.

Ghoul aid on October 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

We’re pretty much into the final stages of the media’s meltdown. More popcorn, please!
JammieWearingFool on October 13, 2009

Yea, Yea….we’ve heard that refrain long enough to know it’s not true. I wish it were though.

Goodeye_Closed on October 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

What a great idea, renaming political opponents using Bond characters. Since we’re the party of ideas, why not take it to the next level. I’ll start…

The Spy Who Shagged Me starring Obama as Austin Powers, Rahm Emauel as Mini-Me and Michael Moore as Fat Bastard!

booter on October 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Oh sorry, CM, not KO.

They are interchangeable. *haha

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I’ve been asking about that quote since I heard Michael Wilbon use it on ESPN. I knew nobody had checked it out. And even if somehow it had been culled from something Rush had said, it would have had to have been satirical and out-of-context.

But I’m glad Rush denied it. He should sue all of them for defamation.

mankai on October 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I just spent the last 5 minutes looking for the link without success, but some blog tracked down the entire history of the made up quote, along with a couple others, back to a random commenter on a blog. Got picked up in 2005 and put in a book in 2006, even though there is no actual proof that Rush ever said anything close to either one of the two quotes.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

kingsjester on October 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Pay no attention to it. It is not sincere.

daesleeper on October 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Never once have I heard of a conservative media host call for someone’s death, even for a joke. First, some years back, there was that movie about GW being assassinated, for sake of ‘art’. Now this from a news anchor.

Matthews and MSNBC need to post immediate retractions and apologies to their viewers (all ten of them) and to Rush himself.

This is obscene. I’d be similarly infuriated if any conservative in the print or broadcast media called for someone’s assassination.

Liam on October 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Note to Matthews. Rush is no longer a large man. Though the media seems to delight in continuing to portray him as portly.

hawksruleva on October 13, 2009 at 1:33 PM

We’re pretty much into the final stages of the media’s country’s meltdown. More popcorn, please!
JammieWearingFool on October 13, 2009

fixed it…unfortunately we will be going down with the ship. Too many ignorant and apathethetic people today.

Goodeye_Closed on October 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Liam on October 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Aren’t we all pretty much numb to “outrageous” charges, from either side?

These guys are shock jocks.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

It’s all regurgitated news.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Beck breaks his fair share of stories.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Goodeye_Closed on October 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I certainly thought the MSM had destroyed itself with the Rathergate hoax – but the Republicans let them survive and they gave us Obama as president.

Ah, to think about what politics would look like if we flipped control of the mass media. Evan Thomas estimated the MSM gives the left about 15 points in elections. So, a largely middle of the road media would make someone like Bush the liberal candidate in our elections…

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

So Chris Matthews is calling for the assassination of Rush Limbaugh. REALLY? Is Matthews insighting HATE?

It appears so to me.

PappaMac on October 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Why would the Obamedia let the facts get in the way of a good narrative?

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Pelosi should be crying rivers by over that hateful rhetoric.

becki51758 on October 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

daesleeper on October 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I’ve been around awhile. As we say in Dixie, “I may be slow, but I ain’t ig’nant”.

kingsjester on October 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Yawn. He has all the scare value of a poodle.

Dark-Star on October 13, 2009 at 1:36 PM

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Just saw a comment from Grue over on Manly’s blog.

Buford Gooch on October 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

INSERT OUTRAGE STATEMENT HERE _______.

Rush has the $$$$ THAT is what pisses them off.

Piss on them!!!!!!

PappyD61 on October 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Beck breaks his fair share of stories.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I give him credit for ACORN, for sure. Without someone, those tapes would have never made it to the airways.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Pelosi should be crying rivers by over that hateful rhetoric.

becki51758 on October 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Actually, I’ve pressed leftists on answering this issue. They decry the “hate” expressed by their opponents, but what of things like this quote from Matthews, or say the quote from Alec Baldwin about stoning Rep Hyde and his family?

The response is generally enlightening – “they deserve it because they are haters.” It is an interesting out for the left that you can see repeated again and again. They are intolerant of those they deem intolerant. They have no problems committing election fraud because hey the other people must be doing it too.

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I believe this is known as “eliminationist rhetoric” when a conservative does it.

Jim Treacher on October 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

These guys are shock jocks.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Some are, some aren’t. But they all pose as serious professionals. Rush doesn’t, though–his show is about humor based on serious matters. CM’s only sense of humor today revolves around the murder of a colleague.

I’m not numb at all. I’m infuriated. If anyone should be killed, it needs to be all of al-Quaeda but CM and his ilk wouldn’t have the nerve to say it.

Liam on October 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Just saw a comment from Grue over on Manly’s blog.

Buford Gooch on October 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Wanted to make sure he was still in his Attic, Gooch. Thanks.

HornetSting on October 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Ann Coulter exposed how the left does “research”. They have somebody publish something in an obscure journal or book… they then source each other. Good luck finding an original source!

Wikipedia (for what it’s worth) had the quote listed as “disputed” and sourced the 2006 book.

Even as a layman, I wouldn’t go on the air unless I had the quote confirmed. But the lefties are rarely held to account so they run run run with it. Repeat a lie often enough…

mankai on October 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Pelosi should be crying rivers by over that hateful rhetoric.

becki51758 on October 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

…some animals are more equal than others.

mankai on October 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Oh, I agree. I have a progressive brother who uses the same rational. Thank God he lives in another state! lol

becki51758 on October 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Well, I guess if he had to pick a James Bond Death, that is probably the best one.
Imagine if he said: “Has any one seen ‘A View to a Kill’? Rush Limbaugh reminds me of Max Zorin and I hope Rush dies in a privately owned blimp that exploded from a lit stick of dynamite…over San Fransisco”

Live and Let Die? Matthews is into the Roger Moore Bond films? That explains a lot, actually.

Hey, so am I! What’s wrong with Roger Moore? He did a pretty good Bond. Much better than Pierce Brosnan in “Die Another Day”.

O.k. I think I just out-nerded myself.

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Here’s that link tracking down the origin of the bogus Rush quotes.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

just out of curiosity. is there anyone on the right that takes people to task for what chrissy said? and by task i mean the call to be fired! we all sit here and rightfully call this disgusting yet shrug our shoulders and accept that the left can get away with it. it seems they have put in motion the greatest play ever, to say whatever they want and then scream how hateful and racist republicans are when called out on anything they do. my point is that this just keeps continuing and continuing…

Ghoul aid on October 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

mankai on October 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

See my link above. Even if you don’t like someone, it’s pretty shameful to just make up stuff about them. MSNC, for all their normal nonsense, has crossed a pretty clear line here in running this quote unchecked.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

mankai on October 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

This is definitely part of it, but not the whole.

The Left also believes that reality is somewhat mutable. This is why they often have no concerns about how something will work in the real world, but the attitude behind it. Health care is a perfect example of this. We know socializing health care will raise costs and lower quality – the only dispute is how much of each.

But the left holds that since Obama and co are doing good works (advancing leftist ideas) that if we believe in them hard enough, we can change the way the world works. YES WE CAN! You can see this over and over everywhere in leftist thought – “fake but accurate”, the new Soviet Man, true socialism hasn’t been tried before, etc.

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

And Van Jones, and the NEA scandal.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I don’t like Matthews at all, but I’m pretty sure he was speaking metaphorically.

Ortzinator on October 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

When I think of Chris Matthews, I think of William Atherton in Die Hard and Die Hard 2.

Dusty on October 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

typical sh*t from the same sh*t..typical.

Matthews needs to stop calling Rush fat. Tingles is fatter then Rush is.

sarainitaly on October 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Here’s that link tracking down the origin of the bogus Rush quotes.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

So can we start attributing it to Sen Byrd? Who wants to go edit Sen Byrd’s wiki page? :)

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Ghoul aid on October 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

There are outcries, some of which have effect, like the ‘joke’ about raping Sarah Palin’s daughter.

I’m curious to see how this one plays out. The defense will either be ‘humor’, ‘taken out of contexts’, or ‘not a threat but rather light-hearted speculation’.

With 20 million Rush listeners to face, MSNBC might have its hands full if only ten percent make written or telephoned complaint.

Liam on October 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Heh, Yaphet Kotto and Rush Limbaugh….What? Although Jane Seymour was one of my favorite Bond girls in that movie.

vcferlita on October 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

And Van Jones, and the NEA scandal.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Yes, he really has had a good year. What bugs me most about all these “personalities?”

It’s not that hard to break this stuff. Other people are actually doing the work. All you have to do is fact-check it.

Man, they are full of themselves. Like I care what their opinion is on an old story?

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

he reminds me of Ernst Roehm..fat fascist pig.

right4life on October 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I think Matthews needs a checkup on his brain.

Chaz706 on October 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM

He’d have to have one first.

Mommynator on October 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

She’s right. However, so does the Right.

Then they waste everyone’s time debated the sources.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Chrissie’s heartbroken and jealous. Despite professing his undying adoration for The Precedent and confessing to getting “thrills up his leg” when Teh One speaks, The Precedent and his hench-dudes and -dudettes devote far more attention to Rush than they ever have to him. There’s a saying that to your circumstances here, Chrissie: “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?“.

ya2daup on October 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

ya2daup on October 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

…saying that applies to your circumstances here…

ya2daup on October 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM

She’s right. However, so does the Right.

Then they waste everyone’s time debated the sources.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Can you give some examples of that? And please not something obscure like Newsmax or WND – something that actually makes it into the top tier of the rightwing media.

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I wouldn’t even muse on killing my political opponents anonymously in a comment thread, but this jackass thinks nothing of braying it on national television.

Kensington on October 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I think the headline is a little misleading, as Cwissy is too much of a pussy to do it himself, either actually, or rhetorically.

Just “someone.”

MNHawk on October 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Methinks he’s got it wrong, and/or his fear is showing. I think he’s afraid of what is about to happen to him and all his liberal buddies soon. He can wish for Rush’s death all day long, that won’t save him from getting his ass capped when Americans decide to execute all the progressive fascists in this country. The biggest mouths will likely die first, so….BYE Matthews! Hope you have your plot picked out, not that anyone will take the time to put your carcass there, more likely it’ll just be burned in place.

That’s fun! The if left can do this, so can we!

Spiritk9 on October 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Live and Let Die?

Best Bond theme tune, evah.
Jane Seymour

There are Bond films with less merits.

mudskipper on October 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Classy. Really, really classy. Does NBC want to stand behind this standard for its broadcasts?

Ah yes, but don’t you see,when liberals call for the murders of their political opponents….It’s patriotic.

the
z o m b i e t i m e
Hall of Shame

That’s right…Kill Bush….Kill Cheney…..Kill Bush…..Kill Cheney…..

Hey wait, that guy just said Obama’s middle name “Hussein”.
What a hateful,racist,militant extremist.

Archive » Assassination Chic

Yea, more intelligent patriotic dissent from the “smart ones”.

Kill Bush…Kill Cheney….Kill Republicans….Kill Middle Americans…..

….But don’t you dare disagree with Obama’s spending policies you racist warmongers.

The Violent Left, In Quotes

Meanwhile, the same members of the press who have been pushing this meme have bent over backwards to ignore the sort of violent rhetoric, raw hatred, vile conspiracy theories, and vicious demonization that regularly occurs on the Left — and not just from unknown people in the middle of a large crowd. In fact, liberals are so used to saying things that could incite violence if people believed what they were saying (Bush is Hitler! Bush was behind 9/11!

“The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not ‘insurgents’ or ‘terrorists’ or ‘The Enemy.’ They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow — and they will win.” -

- Michael Moore

“O&A – “Condoleezza Rice”

Charlie - “I’d love to f— that b*tch dude” (laughter)

>Charlie - “She’s the F—in man”

O&A - “yeah”

Charlie - “I’d F…that b*tch….”

O&A - “I just imagine the horror in Condoleezza Rice’s face….”
- “(laughter) ….. as she realizes what’s going on”
- “…as you were just holding her down and F’n her.”
Charlie – “punch her all the F’n face, shut the F— up b*tch”

O&A - “that’s exactly what I meant” (laughter in background)
Charlie – “you know F— it …. and George Bush wife? I’d F— that b*tch to death” —

“Shock Jocks” Opie & Anthony talk rape & violence with their guest “Homeless Charlie.”

“Let the people see what war is like. This isn’t an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush’s folly. That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries. They aren’t in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.”
Markos Moulitsas Zuniga on the four Americans who were murdered by terrorists and then had their corpses desecrated in Fallujah, Iraq

That’s right.
When liberals are not busy beating black men down in the streets while yelling racial slurs and biting people’s fingers off…they are lecturing everybody on how to be “civil” and “tolerant” and “open minded”.

You really have to be an absolute idiot to be a liberal.

Baxter Greene on October 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I think the biggest story was the PEW foundation, which conducted an “objectivity” story on campaign news.

In spite of the reputation, it turned out that Fox News was actually far more objective than other network programs.

That made me laugh.

The cable news is baffled. They can’t even compete with Fox. They don’t get why.

Well, this is why.

Link? Google Pew/campaign news.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Matthews needs to stop calling Rush fat. Tingles is fatter then Rush is.

sarainitaly on October 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

And it’s not like Rush’s weight loss is some obscure thing that only his most intimate acquaintances would know about.

Someone in Chris Matthews’s position should know it. That he can’t be bothered to pick up on this is just more evidence of how incompetent modern journalism has become.

Kensington on October 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

One thing I’m sure about is that Democrats have abandoned “pocket-book” Democrats.

They think EFCA is relevant. No, it’s not. Cap-and-Trade is.

Republicans can and should move to help this segment. Yeah, they aren’t a clean and pretty niche.

They never have been.

But if the GOP would like to regain credibility, then support the “little guy.”

All this baloney about Palin’s personality is silly talk, in my opinion.

It’s due to to her populist appeal. That is where elections lie in the future.

Either “get” it or think you’re going to win by insider political arguments.

Nope, it won’t work.

The middle class really is under attack. Dems who say this?

They are right.

Here’s the window. They aren’t helping them, either.

It’s interesting how living on the edge sharpens issues. People “get” it.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM

At least this doesn’t count as slander…so NBC is sort of getting better.

joeindc44 on October 13, 2009 at 2:14 PM

–you just gave the moron 100 times the audience by posting his rant on Hot Air!

chickasaw42 on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Good – more people to see how atrocious the MSM is!

klickink.wordpress.com on October 13, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Link? Google Pew/campaign news.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Could you explain in more detail please? Did FOXN cite a Pew study that didn’t exist because someone referenced it on Free Republic or Wiki or something?

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Matthews lead story tonight is the contiuned racism that is running rampant throughout the crazy right wing of this country:

(via Pattrico)

Sadly, No! Sees the RACISMS!! in Tammy Bruce’s Photo of Her Pet (UPDATED)

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 1:21 am

Really? A coon? Is this where we’re at now? Because this sort of stuff isn’t coded speech, it’s not a dog whistle or faux-irony … it’s flat-out, no-apologies, bottom-of-the-barrel, peckerwood racism. Coming from a supposedly mainstream, ‘mugged-by-reality’ class of political commentator.

Well, no . . . actually, it’s a photo of Tammy’s little pet raccoon digging in a Cracker Jack box. Kind of cute, really — if you don’t have race on the brain every moment of every day.

That’s right.
Not even raccoons are safe from the sanctimonious liberals who find racism, bigotry,and hate in everything but their own party.

How Progressive!!!!

Baxter Greene on October 13, 2009 at 2:23 PM

18-1 on October 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Oh no, this was a study that nobody would mention right after the election.

It was in the “halo” period.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Rush has been absolutely destroying all the media outlets running the bogus quotes for the past 30 minutes.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

That thrill up the leg that Chris Matthews got, was that a stroke? Seriously… he’s lost all self-restraint.

theCork on October 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

theCork on October 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Honestly, that’s how Rush got his viewership, too.
They are shock-jocks.

Rush just has been doing it longer, and he’s better at it.

AnninCA on October 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Yup ! ! Rush is ripping them to bits with their own words. Shame he has to spend time on that instead of the
healthcareless bill.

Texyank on October 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Murder fantasies: last refuge of the psychotically impotent.

spmat on October 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto.

Seeing as how Kotto is both Black and Jewish (not to mention conservative), I’d say that makes Matthews doubly-racist.

*tingle tingle*

The Ugly American on October 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

So many people dont know, or dont remember that Rush is the one who gave freaking Matthews his shot. He promoted him, back in the day. Some of us oldsters remember well Chrissy filling in for Rush. Nice way to pay it back, you jealous turd!

di butler on October 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Damn straight. This is frakking personal.

Cylor on October 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Honestly, that’s how Rush got his viewership, too.

Whenever you hear an idiot start a sentence with “honestly”, you know that the next thing you hear is going to be either dishonest or really stupid.

Jaibones on October 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I’m a believer, that when you wish ill on someone, it will come back on you. Good luck to you Mr. Matthews.

capejasmine on October 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I find it offensive that the two “guests” on air with Matthews did not speak out against his tirade.

It appears they are smiling and playing along with Matthews in his smear rather than speaking out against it, expressing their displeasure.

If I ever appear on an interview program with Matthews as the host and he engages in such nonsense targeted at anyone, I hope I have the presence of mind to admonish him for his disrespect and adolescent, malicious behavior.

William2006 on October 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I agree with a majority of these posts, but it’s mostly about they can get away with it and we can’t, and NBC and Matthews are irrelevant,etc. But if somebody actually does Rush harm after what Matthews said, that better be a call to action. I think ideologically, we in this country are too divided.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on October 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I don’t understand why anyone here is surprised by Tingly Leg Crissy and anything he says or does…
This is the little porky faced 5 yr old in kindergarten that everybody loved to beat up because he was so obnoxious…
Mothered way too much… hated not to get his way and no one took him seriously when he would yap yap yap…
Now as an adult…well…

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM

It appears so to me.

PappaMac on October 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Let’s not promote the Left’s (and Bill O’Reilly’s from time to time)canard that you can’t promote hate. Reprehensible as that may be, hate is an emotion or form of thought and is protected by the First Amendment. Hateful or bigoted speech or groups, such as the KKK are protected under the First Amendment. When you whine about “hate speech” you undermine the First Amendment and free speech.

No, what Matthews was doing was more like encouraging a criminal ACT, something like assault with a deadly weapon and that is not protected by the First Amendment.

tigerlily on October 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Hey Chris, maybe someone will shove a compressed air tank into your mouth, shoot it and blow your head off ala Roy Scheider. Jaws was a much better movie than Live and Let Die.

Left Coast Right Mind on October 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Live and Let Die?

Best Bond theme tune, evah.
Jane Seymour

There are Bond films with less merits.

mudskipper on October 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Best Bond Actress: Luciana Paluzzi in Thunderball

Jeff from WI on October 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

What’s wrong with the Moore Movies? Dalton, sure. But Moore?

lorien1973 on October 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Roger Moore? Meh.
But Sean Connery??? Now, there’s a James Bond…**sigh**

uncivilized on October 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Are you watching, Rush?

No Chrissy, he’s not. And neither is anyone else. I wonder how they get the crickets out of the soundtrack?

Scott P on October 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM

uncivilized on October 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I sure hope you’re a girl…’)

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Can we all have a moment of silence for Daniel Craig?

Abby Adams on October 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Gack.
As soon as I found out that Daniel Craig didn’t like guns, that did it for me. I can’t watch him shooting up the screen without thinking that he must be wetting his pants in terror.

uncivilized on October 13, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I sure hope you’re a girl…’)

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Yep, as a matter of fact I am!

uncivilized on October 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Someone should really tell Chrisy that the tingle in his leg is a prodromal symptom of a herpes outbreak.

scullymj on October 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM

No, no, no… don’t get me wrong. I meant we should have a moment of silence. I’m willing to go on record now and say he’s the best Bond ever.

Is Daniel Craig a hottie? You betcha.
Do I like him as Bond? Not so much.

uncivilized on October 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Yep, as a matter of fact I am!

uncivilized on October 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I agree with you…he was the best…
Even with modern cinematography…

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM