Michael Steele launches new blog called, um, “What Up?”

posted at 6:43 pm on October 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

What can I tell you. He had a good few months there, though, didn’t he?

Welcome back, chairman.

The Internet has been around a while, now. But, I still find it an amazing platform for innovation, not just in technology, but in life. Beyond admiring the way it powers so many inventions and businesses, it has become a personal thing for me. I love the fact that, wherever I might be, I can use technology to see my family and chat with them, and Social Media to tap into what my friends are doing.

Today, I want to begin to better connect with Republicans everywhere.

My first blog entry, therefore, is really a couple of questions for you; use the comment button to send me replies. We will run as many questions as we can, which I will answer.

Why are you are Republican? Think about that for a minute.

I’m not registered with any party, actually, annnnnnd pretty happy about it today. Among the glitches on the newly redesigned GOP.com: The site password was visible for a time in the New York section and the “Future Leaders” page was left (temporarily) blank. Quoth the chairman: “It’s a beta site, meaning that there — we’re working out a lot of the kinks and the bugs… So the Dems can have their fun.” And so they have. Way to score an own goal, pal, completely needlessly and amateurishly.

Oh, and apologies to LGF on behalf of our “wingnut blog” for failing to cover this sooner. Granted, there were not one but two items about it sitting in Headlines for hours, but when a site that gave up blogging about Iran and the New York City terror plot to focus on the urgent threat from creationism tells you you’re falling down on the job, you listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Serious point here, and not made to ridicule the guy, ’cause I know people with this: Asperger’s. It fits. Charles may well be a high functioning (OK, we can debate that bit) Asperger’s syndrome. Think about it. He’s almost obsesssive on a very limited range of topics, and seems to have a narrow, rigid social repertoire.

Of course, “Asperger’s” and “total jerk” are not mutually exclusive categories, but all the same………

HiHo on October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Arrrrgh! I was joking, using hyperbole in the way that the media wants to claim Palin’s stupid when she clearly isn’t. I didn’t mean any disrespect. You have an Alaskan Amber and I’ll have a Spotted Cow (even though you think they’re skunky) and we’ll call it a night.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM

gotcha… been a crappy day.

no amber tonight though, to much to do.

Like putting insulation in the attic, so much freaking fun./

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I never got into the comments there because it’s one page and it was a pain in the behind there to follow any threads.

Here, it’s better, but I think the pages are too short – threads get dropped with every new page and woe betide the commenter who posts the last line on a page, it won’t get much action (see my last post at the bottom of page 2 – *sigh*).

JeffWeimer on October 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Hey Charles …since I know you are reading HotAir I have a few questions.

1.Isn’t something supposed to be assumed not true until proven true?
On your blog things are assumed TRUE until proven NOT true.

2. How do you ride your bike with sharmuta so far up your a@@?

3. Nice job having kilgore trout come over here and post his racist crap. How do you square that with banning anyone on your blog who posts the same stuff?

4. EVERYONE on your blog agrees with you because they are a bunch of pansies who are afraid of getting banned by you. How does that promote a good discussion?

I know you won’t answer these questions. I was banned from LGF for simply making ONE post on AceofSpades website. How “liberal” of you to ban people for visiting websites that YOU don’t approve of. How very “obama” of you actually.

ArmyAunt on October 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Um, I may have missed the joke, but it looks like Chairman Steele’s blog is actually called “Change the Game.” A bit better than “What Up,” which if that’s Allah’s attempt at humor, seems uncalled for. Mr. Steele isn’t actually using any ghetto slang here, though I agree what he’s written looks pretty lame.

Rosmerta on October 13, 2009 at 9:31 PM

ZING! That’s been a loooonnnnnnng time coming.

THE FLEMISH MENACE!

The Other McCain on October 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM

HiHo on October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM

BWWWAAAAHHAAHHAAHHAA!

The Other McCain on October 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM

ArmyAunt, it is pointless.

Charles is orbitting Pluto. He used to go on and on and on and on about how he was being smeared by lefty blogs because his comment section was often rowdy. Remember the “Who said this: Little Green Footballs or Late German fascists” quiz?
Go Here

It was a favorite with the Indymedia types. He always said “They aren’t quoting ME! It’s the people in my comments!” Used to hyperventilate quite a bit over people blaming him for the comments section. It was that way for lo, many years, even back into the early days of zulubaby….parenthetically I wonder what Kilgore Trout would have made of that white, South African woman’s nic?

But now, O LGF’ers, different times, different mores. Charles is Mr Banhammer hisself, and everyone else is accountable for their comment sections…… Stupid.

HiHo on October 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Rosmerta on October 13, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Um, it was, um, changed. Um.

Ronnie on October 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Steele is moderating comments. I doubt mine will ever be listed. So far, they only have 18 comments released.

Dandapani on October 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I think CJ is just… very insecure. He has never been very insightful as a blogger–he was more of an aggregator back when he was good. Bloggers like AP and Ace are actually very talented analysts, and I think it drives him insane. Hence the petty use of “teh hard”.

DaveS on October 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Ronnie on October 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Um, well, looks like I was the first to notice. Gosh golly gee.

Rosmerta on October 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Maybe it oughta be called “Little Black Helicopters”

Sekhmet on October 13, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I AM registered as a republican-mainly because I work as an election judge. Somebody’s got to keep Cook County Demon-rats honest.
I actually consider myself to be a conservative of a libertarian bent-but they don’t get to work elections.
Illinois needs a Conservative Party…NOW!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2009 at 10:09 PM

MSNBC is reporting on this stupid blog like its a friggin Constitutional Convention. If only they spent half as much time fact checking anything the Obamessiah or Democrats said.

Speedwagon82 on October 13, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I suppose it was inevitable for Charles Johnson to start directing his attacks from the extreme right leftwards until he finally reached the center-right blogs, including Hot Air. I didn’t think he’d attack Allahpundit at first, but it was only a matter of time, wasn’t it.

Reading his blog over the past few months, it felt like the man’s train of thought has been derailed. Sad…

Chucky, if you’re reading this, stop accusing the entire right side of the spectrum, from the center on down to the edge, of the nuttiness of the fringe. Your attacks are truly unfair and hysterical. You need to calm down.

AlexB on October 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM

For a while Charles seemed to believe he could ‘woo’ Allah over to his side — his attacks were mainly on Michelle first, and then on Ed. They both were attacked as being racist and/or crypto-fascist supporters, while Allah got a pass (Johnson apparently figured if Allah was an atheist, he was salvageable).

It was Charles’ basic “I wouldn’t have done it, but he’s such a clever scamp,” reaction to Kilgore Trout’s middle-of-the-night racist postings — in order to then run over to LGF and claim that Hot Air allows racist postings — that led Charles’ site to be shifted over to the “Left Channels” section, which actually was a far better play on Allah’s part than just completely de-linking the website (which Charles, or at least Kilgore, seemed to be hoping for so they could claim the “moral high ground”). Since then, Allah’s been cast out into the wilderness just like Ed and Michelle, and today’s post pretty much makes that point clear for anyone who wasn’t paying close attention.

jon1979 on October 13, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Sheesh another frigging MORON..

veteranoutrage on October 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Since this seems to be the place for comments on LGF, let me add my two cents. I rarely read or post comments, either here or there (mostly due to time issues). The only time I feel the need is if there is a glaring error in the post that should be corrected.
So, the first thread I posted comments on at LGF was also the last thread. I made the mistake of believing that CJ was interested in getting the facts correct. Here is the thread, I am Kalixiri. When he banned me, he misspelled my name kalixri
I stopped reading LGF that day. I don’t mind if a blogger writes something that I don’t agree with, but one who will not even consider he might be wrong and then quashes dissent, this I cannot tolerate.
Oh, and I ran across this handy list of people banned from LGF. 500 for the month of September.

Bellerophon on October 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM

And since I’ve actually logged in (a bi-annual occurrence), let me take this opportunity to throw a little praise on one of the handful of writers that I read everyday.
Allah – I enjoy your writing style, sarcasm, and wit. I appreciate your libertarian atheist (though I’m not an atheist myself) points of view, and your openness to others viewpoints. I appreciate the “news aggregate” feel of the site and hope you keep up the good work.
I also appreciate your class in the recent …skirmishes with LGF. I started reading LGF just before Hotair came into existence, and it pains me to see what once was my oft frequented stalwart of truth and anti-terrorism, fall in on itself and become its own antithesis.

Bellerophon on October 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Poor, pathetic Charles Johnson…

WisCon on October 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I said all along that a self-deprecating sense of humor was Allah’s redeeming trait. Genuinely evil people always take themselves seriously.

The Other McCain on October 13, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Ugh. Steele is taking the encounter group approach. Can we get some more alpha males into the GOP leadership please?!

And what’s up with all that red? I thought I hit the CCP home page.

…Oops, I meant “what up.”

….yo.

Dongemaharu on October 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Thank you Allahpundit. You know….

kahall on October 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

HiHo on October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM
I do have Asperger’s-I was diagnosed six years ago this month-and I don’t think that CJ is one of ours.
While I am a bit bizarre and when it comes to radical Islam more than a bit paranoid -as of late anyway- THIS Aspie is of a conservative/libertarian bent.
He seems more like a major control freak…and a mean one at that.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2009 at 11:26 PM

What bugs me about Charles Johnson is the fact that he ordered one of his minions to post offensive comments about African Americans on this blog. Can anyone comprehend why Charles Johnson lets a racist moderate his blog for him?

TimeTraveler on October 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM

What a joke.

I tried to answer the question but it wouldn’t let me.

I have been registered a Republican for most of the years I have been a registered voter so I can vote in the primaries.

But it turns out the Republican’s no longer put up candidates, so it is kind of pointless.

After filling out yet another “Survey” from the RNC or one of its socks, I decide to get me a rubber stamp–sort of fitting when you think of it–I can be just like one of the biggies. Anyway, my arthritic old hands (that is two conditions) are tired of writing “No more RINOs” beside every “question” and in every blank.

I wonder if I can find some of that old adding machine-calculagraph purple stamp-pad ink.

lsheldon on October 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM

He seems more like a major control freak…and a mean one at that.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Well, you probably know better than me that Aspie folks come in many political stripes. I will say that of the three I know two aren’t mean at all. One is. Downright spiteful sometimes, but still only a teenager. Might grow out of it. Its just that there is something in his style that is pathological, beyond the mere “I’m a control freak.” person. I work with a lot of control freaks (professional hazard), but most have some distance on their issues. Could be wrong: he could just be an unhappy guy.

HiHo on October 13, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Someone with more mad Internet skillz than I needs to make a flashing .gif of the Limbaugh quotes showing they originated on a 1960s selectric.

thirtypundit on October 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Sorry, that should be Limbaugh ‘quotes’.

thirtypundit on October 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Hey, Charles, since you’re reading our comments (while presumably frothing at the mouth due to the inability to ban our accounts) could you explain why you’ve made such a radical change in viewpoints on topics such as, say, global warming? And when was the last time you said something nice about a conservative (and I don’t mean a phony like David Frum)? Don’t want to answer these questions in your usual condescending tone on your blog? I understand, they were tough questions.

It’s too bad, really. I actually agree on some of the points you’ve made: Creationism, as an issue, is a waste of time and political capital, and Ron Paul is a horrible nutcase. But you, sir, are completely out of touch with conservatives on every other issue. Think about it. If nearly every conservative in existence has turned his back on you, then are you really a conservative, yourself?

Back on topic, uh, I guess the website’s a nice start? I’m not sure what it will accomplish, though. It has this pep rally feel to it that bugs me.

R. Waher on October 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Steele is a joke.

revolution on October 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Steele was a guest in my home & I now feel insulted by his rino-psuedo conservative rhetoric…Jack Kemp was there also…remember Micheal? Jack meant what he said that evening…

DCJeff on October 14, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I think I liked Charles Johnson better when he was seething with anger at people who were actually attacking him.

Jim Treacher on October 14, 2009 at 2:20 AM

R. Waher on October 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I thought you were kidding. But turns out he is indeed reading the comments here, and even posting selected ones on his blog.

Phoenician on October 14, 2009 at 3:48 AM

He could have called it
“What’chu Talkin ’bout, Willis?”
So it could be worse…

Haiku Guy on October 14, 2009 at 5:53 AM

Yay! I got into the stalker’s Hotair comment tracking entry.

Of course, Chuckles didn’t get the punch line, which was somewhat expected from a denegerate.

I know you are reading this, bike moocher. So, please provide credible sources to your “Rush Limbaugh racist comments” thingie, and I’m sure Ace will provide proper sources to his authoritive claim you have had anal fun with various bike seat posts.

Aristotle on October 14, 2009 at 8:03 AM

LGF is not the only ” Ban Happy” nazi. I had the same thing with Moe Lane at Red State. He banned me because I said the Black Chamber of Commerce was racist and did not allow white members. He presented their bylaws which do not prohibit whites as evidence I was wrong. he failed to produce any white members of the Black Chamber. Congressional Black Caucus has no ” official” rule banning white members either but they do it. Moe Lane at Red State banned me for disagreeing with his opinion. No place is safe from these Nazi Censors. Except Hotair.

Dennis D on October 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Sup?

Coronagold on October 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Charles Johnson is an angry lonely man.

Hilts on October 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM

What up dog? Thats how we say it in Baltimore. Catchy phrase. Good for him.

johnnyU on October 14, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Johnson is a bitter old man tired of being the pariah of the bike path. So he’s going home. Sad to see an erstwhile asset go all David Brock on us, but that’s the shakes.

spmat on October 14, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Today, I want to begin to better connect with Republicans everywhere.

You might want to begin a remedial English class first, Mickey lad.

Sharke on October 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Steele has got to go. Liz Cheney would be a fantastic replacement, or even Fred Thompson. Mike is just not a good fit for the job.

Rebar on October 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Blacks made up 1.5% of the GOP Delegates. They make up over 50% of the faces on Steele’s website.

What up Michael Steele?

Decider on October 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM

From LGF2 I just noticed this.

Sharmuta Tue, Oct 13, 2009 4:21:48pm replyquote
• 6
• down
• up

re: #48 reine.de.tout
I can’t think of many other sites where serious republicans would feel welcomed. LGF is a harbor in a tempest for many of us conservatives these days.

Hilts on October 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I think that Liz Cheney is fantastic.

Hilts on October 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Pretty my comment on that site (which will probably not be posted- the GOP believes in censorship, apparently) was:

I support Republicans because forming a 3rd party causes the REALLY bad party to get elected, instead of the moderately bad party.

I support Reps because of Reagan, and despite Snowe.

I support Reps because some of them believe as I do, and some of them act on their beliefs.

If the GOP could change ONE THING to secure my loyalty, they would stay out of primary fights, so voters can throw out incumbents they don’t like without fighting against GOP money and influence.

hawksruleva on October 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Great put-down of Charles. Brightened up my morning. Thanks, Allah!

Hobbes on October 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Interesting thing is, I first linked to AP’s old blog FROM LGF back in the day. Just goes to show you how far LGF has gone off into the woods.

Shambhala on October 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM

What up Michael Steele?
Decider on October 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Well … that’s a GOOD thing right?

Shambhala on October 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I couldn’t get past the garish colors on the site. They almost put me into an epileptic seizure. FAIL.

Mr. Arrogant on October 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM

And once again, why does Hot Air still link to that site? He makes Andrew Sullivan look calm and sane by comparison.

The man’s already scouring our comments looking for something to be pissed off about and claiming anonymous comments about him are ruining his good name.

Oh, and to “prove” his point that he’s not more worried about the “real” threat of Creationism, he’s posted his recent links to Iran stories, recent to him, meaning one that was done last week and four from last month. And his “recent” posts on the terror plot in New York? Yeah, every single one of them is from September.

Of course he posted on the “What Up” website at least three times yesterday. What he didn’t post, was all of his recent Creationism posts.

8 posts on the subject in this month alone, compared to 1 post on Iran and 0 on the NYC terror plot for October.

How did he put it? Yeah, “reading is teh hard” isn’t it?

You want to post my comment on your page, Charles?

Esthier on October 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM

LGF has been a lot of fun lately. It’s a spectacular implosion. He thinks his traffic is starting to turn up, but he doesn’t realize the real interest is the crash and not his magical musical links.

DFCtomm on October 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM

DFCtomm on October 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM

And I love the ban of the day. Wondering which former friend, and ally is going to get it today is better than TV, or at least better than APs latest thinly veiled wink at Megan McCain.

DFCtomm on October 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM

LGF, Just went over to read what the fuss was about.

That’s hilarious. They are like teenagers over there. WTF?

bridgetown on October 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM

LGF, Just went over to read what the fuss was about.

That’s hilarious. They are like teenagers over there. WTF?

bridgetown on October 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM

The fun is only beginning. Atheist slap fight between Charlie and AP is fast approaching…heartbreak.

DFCtomm on October 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Oh, my. He banned “Carl from Jerusalem”, “Iron Fist”, and …. ZOMBIE??? He banned ZOMBIE???

(ex-Hooray for Captain Spaulding)

Shambhala on October 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Atheist slap fight between Charlie and AP is fast approaching…heartbreak.

DFCtomm on October 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I hope so. AP’s so much better than this.

Esthier on October 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM

When Lefty Blogs Attack

Just another dishonest smear job from a left-wing lunatic driven into a frenzy by Hot Air’s popularity.

Pablo on October 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Shambhala on October 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Baldilocks, too. He banned Baldilocks.

RushBaby on October 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM

And Iowahawk.

Pablo on October 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

re: #38 Charles

Lots of haters showing up now in the ‘Hot Air Comments of the Day’ thread.

Looks like that will be a popular new recurring feature

Hilts on October 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM

charles’ latest flounce from the right-o-sphere:

Chickenshitpundit Allahpundit says:

I haven’t said anything about him before and hope not to again. I used to love his blog; it’s what inspired me to start blogging, so I get no joy from squabbling with him. But the sneering about “wingnut blogs” was too much. I eat plenty of crap for being an atheist and taking occasional swipes at creationism myself. I criticize Palin and Glenn Beck when a lot of other conservative bloggers don’t. Who is he to accuse me of being some talking-point machine?

Allahpundit on October 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM

So the “sneering” about wingnut blogs was too much for AP’s delicate sensibilities — this is the guy who sat there and watched as they put LGF under the Left Wing column at Hot Air.

“Hypocrite” is too mild.

it’s too bad for him that the nutroots remember him as the racist master of a hate-site who refers to arabs as “oil ticks” and mocks the death of leftwing activists in the cruelest imaginable terms (i.e., “saint pancake” for an activist who was run over by a bulldozer in gaza).

somehow his transition will not be as smooth as david brock’s or john cole’s.

maybe charles is just struggling with a politically generic internet addiction. he sure has been erratic and dishonorable about all this.

eh on October 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Pablo on October 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM

it really is amazing. but of course, charles is being punished for apostasy by a conservative blog-o-sphere which has drifted far and wide while charles has remained heroically consistent.

one wonders how long it will be before he starts going back to those pre-2006 posts and, er, “correcting” them. it’ll probably be sometime soon when he has to suffer through a whole 48 hours of having no one left to “flounce”. ice weasle will be the one to suggest it.

eh on October 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM

History started in January 2009. He might as well go ahead and erase everything prior to that.

Pablo on October 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Right. If Allah knew what he was doing, LGF would be delinked, and links to LGF in the comments would be prohibited and any lizardoids with Hot Air accounts would find them blocked. Ain’t that how it works, Charles?

Pablo on October 14, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Dennis D on October 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM

right, because that’s just silly, unless you support lawsuits against private clubs which bar women or have exclusively waspish memberships or you think that there should be laws which force quotas in private institutions.

i doubt the black chamber of commerce holds the same ideas about the beneficence of forced integration in private institutions as the left any more than you do.

if you were a conservative, your whining about the “racism” of an all-black business association would constitute reckless and self-contradictory friendly fire. assuming you’re a conservative, the only explanation for your dogged pursuit of the point would be that you’re stupid, and running on cruise control set to “how come when a black guy says the ‘n’ word, it’s okay, but…” (which is stupid to begin with).

maybe he didn’t assume you were stupid and were instead pursuing a petty gripe consistent with white nationalist crankery. that is, the idea that defenders of western classical ideology should neither accept nor nurture non-white allies.

eh on October 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM

eh on October 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Actually, he already did. He deleted some, and added a laughable “disclaimer” to some.

Example: Charles Johnson, Birther.

Aristotle on October 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Dear Michael Steele…

SIGH.

I really was starting to hold out faith for you.

alliebobbitt on October 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Allahpundit on October 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Well put AllahPundit. You shouldn’t be treated like that. I criticize you enough over here anyway.

Sultry Beauty on October 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

LOL! Yea Allah, join the fray. It’s fun openly mocking Chuckles. He deserves it. I hope he doesn’t know who you are.

If not go for it dude.

We got your back on this one.

Geochelone on October 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Waz up with that, Mike?

Terry_Dyne on October 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

He’s trying to point out that black Americans were mostly Republican before they were brainwashed by the Dem party. Got a problem with the man trying to educate people about this?

baldilocks on October 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Example: Charles Johnson, Birther.

Aristotle on October 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM

CJ is a James Earl Rayther. He believes that Rush said that James Earl Ray should get a medal for killing MLK.

So CJ is an Earl Rayther and a Van Jonesther.

Geochelone on October 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM

In 2002, I began to visit LGF. It was a great site. After a few months someone mentioned that some person called ‘Acidman’ was going to stop blogging. I went over to see what the big deal was and gained one of the most unusual relationships I’ve ever had. I began to blog in 2003.

Now ‘Acidman’ is dead (in 2006) and the old Charles and the old LGF appear to be so as well.

Sadly enough, that’s life.

baldilocks on October 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM

‘good couple months’ because he was off stage, silent. Steele is absolutely the wrong person to chair the RNC. The RNC needs a Purge ;) instead of a ‘bigger tent’.

Speaking of Purges and silence, Charles Johnson should shut the hell up and stop spewing hypocritical lies. I ought to just publish the damned emails he and I exchanged during that Hooper bullshit. Their content is quite different from what he pretends to today. The rudderless faithless sonofabitch has flip-flopped on that, just like everything else. Damnable sellout.

rayra on October 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

doh. Forgot to pimp our site

/Burma Shave

rayra on October 14, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Speaking of Purges and silence, Charles Johnson should shut up and stop spewing hypocritical lies. I ought to just publish the emails he and I exchanged during that Hooper BS. Their content is quite different from what he pretends to today. The rudderless faithless SOB has flip-flopped on that, just like everything else. Damnable sellout.

rayra on October 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

baldilocks on October 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM

not following the breadcrumbs. was “acidman” to charles as “darth vader killed your father” is to “when your father became darth vader he metaphorically killed the man who he once was”? is there anything of interest in this “acidman’s” blog career?

rayra on October 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

what was the hooper thing?

eh on October 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

eh on October 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Things occurred exactly the way described minus implications.

baldilocks on October 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM

err, inferences

baldilocks on October 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Hey Chaz Johnson is having his minions check this site out for hateful things we write about him or evidence of how rotten we are.

How’s this

Charles Johnson you area a freaking ***hole and you surround your self with brian dead morons like that ugly bigot Killgore Trout and taht pathetic toady Sharmuta!

Hilts on October 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM

What up with this picture?

and the Palin Douche pic as well?

James on October 14, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I’ve enjoyed this blog daily for several years now. Thanks for the good work you all do at HA in aggregating important news of the day.

This is my first comment, and with distinct pleasure I take the opportunity to speak to Charles Johnson directly:

I’ve got news for you. You are not the policeman of the internet, or of me. Thank G-d I’m proudly listed in the ‘Book of the Banned’. Your observations regarding, and efforts to diminish, ‘wingnuts’ mean dirt. Your narcissism is astonishing to behold, as are your petty, fascistic bullying tactics. You no longer have the power to ban or silence us. It’s time for you to face that fact, Charles. Stop sending your little sycophants on fools’ errands at other blogs. Your typical liberal efforts to silence the opposition won’t work. And your betrayal of thousands of (formerly) loyal readers and bloggers will result in the karma you so richly deserve. I hereby double dog ding you down, Charles.

I will give you one thing, though. Stinky turned out to be an extremely apt sock.

Opinionator on October 14, 2009 at 6:10 PM

No gravitas. An f’in embarrassment! Caricature. What happens when affirmative action is used.

jwp1964 on October 14, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I can’t believe Charles called AP “chickenshit”! (“Chickenshitpundit Allahpundit”). That’s just so classless, even for him in his current kuku state.

The man truly has lost his marbles.

His biggest critique is that Hot Air’s comments / commenters are extreme, which means the blog posts themselves are extreme (I THINK that’s what he is thinking… I can’t see any extreme posts here, besides the once in a while red meat post that isn’t tongue in cheek). Wasn’t he under the very same attack — smear really — from the left a few years ago? And… doesn’t he see the policing efforts done here (warnings, bans, the post from Ed asking commenters here to be more civilized, etc.)? I think he expects some sort of mass banning and “summary justice”, and lots of vile and hysterical name calling, like he’s been doing in the past several months.

Jokes aside, I think something happened to Charles in his personal life that has made him so “out there”. I hope he recovers. No, that doesn’t mean that he should become Pat Robertson’s Koolaid drinker. It only means to be more civilized and stop making enemies with most of the blogs with whom he’s been friends with and on the same page for years.

AlexB on October 15, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Honestly AP. I just downgraded my respect for you another ten notches.

How can you watch such a smarmy bastard, who is clearly giggling as he gives a half ass apology that he doesn’t take seriously, and say you believe him.

Surely, you can’t be who you are with mostly insightful commentary and simultaneously have such an awful read on Matthews.

You are too close to the action. You need a Leave Of Absence.

JeffB. on October 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Oops wrong thread. This was intended for the Chris Matthews non-apology thread.

JeffB. on October 15, 2009 at 3:01 AM

I haven’t been on that pathetic blog in years, but my God, when did that little twit start attacking MM, Powerline, and Hot Air as “Wingnut Blogs”?

Is he sharing headlines with DU now?

Jaibones on October 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I got booted for pissing Charles off trying to find out why he thought Rush was a race baiter. All he would say is read his quotes. I asked, you mean the false ones you posted? That was all it took. He’s over the cliff.

keioki on October 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Hot Air… Are you going to de-link him now? It is one thing to have differences of opinion. Quite another to link to someone whose reporting is now shoddy and who is mentally unstable.

Your site is one of his top referrers, and I hate to see him getting all that attention he craves. Gotta let him hit bottom before he can come up again.

rightallthetime on October 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM