Michael Steele launches new blog called, um, “What Up?”

posted at 6:43 pm on October 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

What can I tell you. He had a good few months there, though, didn’t he?

Welcome back, chairman.

The Internet has been around a while, now. But, I still find it an amazing platform for innovation, not just in technology, but in life. Beyond admiring the way it powers so many inventions and businesses, it has become a personal thing for me. I love the fact that, wherever I might be, I can use technology to see my family and chat with them, and Social Media to tap into what my friends are doing.

Today, I want to begin to better connect with Republicans everywhere.

My first blog entry, therefore, is really a couple of questions for you; use the comment button to send me replies. We will run as many questions as we can, which I will answer.

Why are you are Republican? Think about that for a minute.

I’m not registered with any party, actually, annnnnnd pretty happy about it today. Among the glitches on the newly redesigned GOP.com: The site password was visible for a time in the New York section and the “Future Leaders” page was left (temporarily) blank. Quoth the chairman: “It’s a beta site, meaning that there — we’re working out a lot of the kinks and the bugs… So the Dems can have their fun.” And so they have. Way to score an own goal, pal, completely needlessly and amateurishly.

Oh, and apologies to LGF on behalf of our “wingnut blog” for failing to cover this sooner. Granted, there were not one but two items about it sitting in Headlines for hours, but when a site that gave up blogging about Iran and the New York City terror plot to focus on the urgent threat from creationism tells you you’re falling down on the job, you listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

What the Hell happened? I mean I used to go to LGF but then I started coming to Hot Air for the political stuff. Charles spent a great deal of time on more foreign interests and not so much politics (I mean politics up close). I was fine with both.

I have not been gone anywhere and am on this site everyday. WHAT HAPPENED to the relationship that Hot Air had with LGF.

This is crazy. I am so confused.

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

LGF remains one of my favorite blogs, and Charles Johnson covers important issues that no other blog on the right will touch, but the way he’s going after Hotair today is too much. Johnson could learn something from Hotair’s liberal (no, not that kind of liberal) moderation policy.

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I de-linked Little Green Snotballs ages ago. But hey, what else would you expect from a raaaaacist like me?

As for Chairman Steele, he just re-vaulted the squalus. Time to replace him with Liz Cheney.

OhioCoastie on October 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

9 Sharmuta
Tue, Oct 13, 2009 4:03:29pm replyquote 1downupreport

hot air was aptly named. That’s all these people are full of- hot, angry air that they release in the form of their comments. All they do is display their overt hostility on every thread about any topic, and never stop to consider how unappealing that is to the very people they need to convince to join them if they’re going to achieve electoral victories. How stupid is that?

That’s very funny coming from a guy whose handle means “whore” in Arabic…

Shock the Monkey on October 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Allahpundit on October 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

You know that i was only kidding around when I posted my previous comments, but yet you seem to take it upon yourself to defend that nutjob.

Fine, i’ll stop

TimeTraveler on October 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Where else can you get posts on the dangers of creationism, flat tire pics, AND seedy jazz musicians all in one place?

TheUnrepentantGeek on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

You’re on this site everyday but don’t know about Killgore Trout spamming racist crap here, and then CJ denouncing Hotair and basically saying we’re all racist extremists?

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Pictures of bicycle parts and youtube jazz performances?

lorien1973 on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Ugh.. let me put a sarc tag on the next time. I already said Apol Cali was a turd for bringing it up.

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

This is crazy. I am so confused.

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Heh. This has been a long, long story that HotAir has pretty much stayed completely out of. Kind of funny that you’re just now learning about LGF’s collapse.

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Don’t let anyone know you post here, or he’ll ban you. No joke.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Allahpundit on October 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM

he’s been insulting you for months now. i wasn’t sure how close you were. we’ve seen charles break faith with zombie, of all people.

eh on October 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I get it now. The multiple question marks should have tipped me off. No sarc tags required. If someone can’t get the joke that’s on them (me).

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Rush is getting hammered on the airwaves for things he never said on his radio show and yet that nutjob(Charles the moron) is worried about some comments left on a conservative blog that is moderated by two people.

TimeTraveler on October 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

When Charles Johnson began booting people for standing up for Glenn Beck, I had enough. He’s gone over the edge, and is yet another relapsing Liberal.

The GOP however, has got to decide if they stand with the Tea Party movement, or the Lindsey Graham / John McCain / Olympia Snowe crowd. One way or the other, choose.

davecatbone on October 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

today has been a depressing one if you care about your country. but the above comment about Liz Cheney being chmn of RNC makes me giddy. i might even be able to sleep just thinking on that one topic.

kelley in virginia on October 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Recall that Killgore interacted with rayra the day of the 3a.m. incident. Maybe it was the same rayra of LGF Friday Night Massacre fame. Interesting coincidence.

Christien on October 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Got out my backup name to post at LGF.

Three minutes from post to ban. Charlene is slow tonight.

The scumbag who spammed this site with racial epithets claims that Hot Air never banned over them before him. Rarely does the term “f***wad” seem more apt.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Little Green Footballs is garbage.

therightwinger on October 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Incidentally, is this Steele’s strategy for 2010 and 2012? Compete with Obama for the black vote?

Oh, we are so scrood.

S. Weasel on October 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Madison.. WTF did you say over at LGF?

I have a feeling Madison got banned. LOL GOOD JOB!

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Pictures of bicycle parts and youtube jazz performances?

lorien1973 on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

He meant the important issues of fake Rush Limbaugh quotes.

And of course the Hotair quotes posts. This site never has posts about Hotair quotes – which is quite unsettling.

Aristotle on October 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Yeah, I used to go over to LGF until CJ completely lost his mind.

d1carter on October 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I just reorganized the Republican Town Committee in my town and had a wordpress blog up and running 24 hours later. And I’m a stay home mommy blogger. (OK, my husband is a tech genius.)

Are you kidding me? Why am I Republican? How about “Why are you still a Republican after seeing this site?”

I still believe the GOP is the best answer to the Progressive Socialist revolution that is occurring but not Michael Steele’s GOP.

Look what these bastards are doing to our country, to us. And the GOP launches a blog? WTF!!!!! I’m killing myself to get 3,000 people to show up in the middle of a Nor’Easter this weekend on the Boston Common to protest the takeover of 1/6th of our economy and these schmucks can’t launch a blog?

(head in hands, tears in eyes, on my knees, praying)

gopmom on October 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Thanks, kelley!

OhioCoastie on October 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I posted a link to the vile USA Today in regards to there being way more than 75k at the 9/12 rally. No commentary, just a link in response to another commenter. Comment deleted and account banned about 4 minutes later.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Good thing the blue-bloods at the RNC didn’t tab Ken Blackwell- we might have actually retaken Congress next year.

jjshaka on October 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

That (well deserved) snark was a work of art. Congrats Allah. Seriously.

AUINSC on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Really. I had no Idea. I was on LGF back in the days of the Dan Rather posts. Back when Jammiewearingfool, Zombie and Kilgore were major players.

I must be looking at the wrong posts. I really, really didn’t know things were going south in the relationship these guys had.

I mean…We all used to be one big happy family.

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I. just. can’t. bring myself to post on this. What up with that?

Connie on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

USA today banned you? Wow, now THAT is a Badge of honor!

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Way to score an own goal, pal, completely needlessly and amateurishly.

Is Allahpundit a soccer fan?

DaveS on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I’m not a Republican, I’m a CONSERVATIVE.

The first campaign I worked in was handing out fliers door-to-door for Nixon in 1960. Then at my liberal older brother’s urging, I worked for “Landslide” Lyndon Johnson, 1964. That was also the last time I supported a Democrat. ’68 found me in Da Nang, RVN with no way to get an absentee ballot, but in ’72 I voted against McGovern. In ’76, I voted against Carter. Thanks to Carter I spent most of 1980 unemployed which allowed me time to follow two major news stories; Mount St. Helens, and the campaign of Ronald W. Reagan. I happily voted for Mr. Reagan in ’80 and ’84, then supported Bush (41) for what I hoped would be a continuation of Mr. Reagan’s policies. We all know how well THAT worked. I voted against Clinton (twice), agianst Gore, against Kerry, and against Obama. In 48 years Ronald Reagan was the ONLY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE THAT VOTED FOR! All other elections I voted for the “non-Democrat”. The ONLY reason I voted for McCain was Governor Palin. If Mr. Steele and the RNC are serious, they can get back to Mr. Reagan’s brand of Conservatism. I can speak only for myself, but if the best the Republican party can do is offer candidates who are “liberal lite”, I’ve made my last trip to the polls.

oldleprechaun on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

whatever you do, don’t de-link him. he wants you to de-link him so he can flounce around in mock outrage about how the hate and ostracism he’s received from the right is a gazillion times worser than anything he’s ever gotten from the left.

wait, i just noticed something: “flounce”

charles defines “flounce” as when someone comments in a thread of his to make an ostentatious display of their final abandonment of the site. (in practice, a “flounce” is often when charles bans a poster for questioning his consistency, deletes the post, and then lies about the content and user in subsequent comments.)

isn’t this whole, sad unwinding of charles’ the original mega-flounce?

eh on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I basically said I liked Hot Air because they don’t send valued commenters to other sites to vent their racist bulls**t, then come back and accuse the site of being full of racists.

I also said something about my coming ban helping with Charlene’s impotence or something.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Second time banned, by the way.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Dude, they turned on zombie. They ran her out, and I’m pretty Charles dropped the ban hammer on her.

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

LOL.

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Second time banned, by the way.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

one ban was enough for me. I figured he was a loser then. But hey, medicaine can help the mentally ill.

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I guess ‘What’s Happening!’ was already taken.

manofaiki on October 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM

USA today banned you? Wow, now THAT is a Badge of honor!

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Dammit. I let one sarcastic comment fly over my head and now you’re going to rub it in my face for the next month.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM

LOL! I love when AP gets all snarky and alpha on us. ;o)

Ooooooh – look at the sparkly logo:

Terry_Dyne on October 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

OMG, that officially belongs in the Tacky Overdone Flash Animation Hall of Fame.

And the site is way too red. WAY too red. I’m all for monochromatic, but a little red goes a loooooong way. It’s hard on the eyes after awhile.

God love these guys, I appreciate the effort, but they always come off like they’re trying too hard to be “cool” and they really have no idea what they’re doing. I can’t believe there’s no one in the Republican Party who has his/her finger on the pulse of contemporary culture, technological trends, etc. Surely there are some Web designers/graphic designers/developers out there who can lend a hand. I always get the feeling the GOP is doing what it THINKS it should be doing and not really comprehending the power of new media or understanding how to make it work for them.

NoLeftTurn on October 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Poor Charles, looking at the world through Little Green Footballs sunglasses again.

Crusty on October 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Good golly. Zombie was like Charles and LGF’s picture window to the nutjobs who were protesting Bush all the time.

This is insane. I have not been over there in quite a while. Maybe I should go over and say something nice and see if I get bumped.

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Chucky Joe is insane. His rambling calculation was based on how many people used public transit (because they all used public transit), and it wasn’t even very good calculations, he just compared this year’s tea party date with the same date last year, with no consideration for the day it falls on. In the Gospel According to Chuck, anyone who denies his demented calculations is to be anathema.

Darth Executor on October 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Aw, cut Steele a break. He never disappoints me the way some in the RINO pantheon do (just when you think McCain will never top Graham, along comes Olympia Snowe).

I like Steele because he represents a “type” that a lot of people would insist doesn’t, or can’t, exist: the black Republican who’s not hip, not preternaturally charismatic, kind of bumbling and prone to the unnecessary gaffes of boring-guy, party-line honesty, like so many company-man Republicans. At least he’s not out telling the voters who pay for his ride to “chill” while Congress performs a colonoscopy on the taxpayer without anesthetic.

J.E. Dyer on October 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

It’s a good thing LGF has never had some nutjob comments that were borderline or outright racist.

It’s amazing… it’s like we are actually seeing Bizarro CJ. That guy is 180 degrees away from what he was even just a year ago. He has serious mental problems, and I mean that seriously. I hope he’s getting help.

DaveS on October 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

If the CBS National Guard scandal broke today, Charlene Johnson would dismiss it as “wingnut frothing at nothing”.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Pictures of bicycle parts and youtube jazz performances?

lorien1973 on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

To give one example, he’s all over the possibly wrongful execution in Texas. That’s a very clever joke, though, as always.

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM

HOLLA!

The GOP needs help ASAP!

Alpha is definitely more of a turn on than beta.

txag92 on October 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Heh. Go ahead. When you get back tell us what you got banned for.

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I have nothing to add here, I just wanted to quote Allahpundit again because this deserves it. [madden]*BOOM* He’s on his back![/madden]

MightyConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM

You have no idea how accurate that statement is.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Anybody know what kind of traffic goes to LGF now?

d1carter on October 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Go to ACE: http://minx.cc/?post=293599

For hot Chuckie Chucker action. Chil…I mean Chuck just posted a bunch of debunked Rush Limbaugh quotes and are banning commenters for pointing out their fakes!

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM

We all know that Charles Johnson likes to send his racist KKK buddies to post comments on here so be on the look out.

TimeTraveler on October 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Heh. Go ahead. When you get back tell us what you got banned for.

Emily M. on October 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Interesting. I tried going over to Zombies site and Jawa to see if I could contact but I run out of time.

Gotta go watch Hell’s Kitchen and turn off Lou Dobbs for the night.

I will….investigate this better tomorrow at work when I ain’t doing anything important.

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM

What? LOL I got banned on NYT over a year ago for saying… get this. Sarah Palin is a great Gov!

Yeah… it was awesome.

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

LGF has the biggest crowd of ex-members of anyone on the internet. And the current hangers-on are just toadies, waiting breathlessly to be the first to “up-ding” each of CJ’s insightful blatherings.

Cicero43 on October 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Anybody know what kind of traffic goes to LGF now?

d1carter on October 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Irish midgets looking for sports equipment?

Ronnie on October 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Just checked that out. So what we have is CJ linking quotes to Rush that are not proven, standing by them, and challenging people to prove that it isn’t true? How can he miss the irony in that? He has become exactly what he made his name bringing down. It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

stldave on October 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM

i think charles’s political orientation is simply pro-president.

if arafat rose from the grave, ran for president in 2012, won and assumed the office 1/20/2013, he would be banning people for knocking fatah and posting about how israel is a racist apartheid state.

eh on October 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

stldave on October 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM

It kinda sucks we get the AP banhammer if we even do the same thing. I don’t know why conservative blogs are so timid.

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Seriously, give CJ’s link the nofollow treatment. There is absolutely no reason to give him any kind of search engine love with your (HA’s) ranking. Unless HA is contractually obligated in some way to provide a link to CJ?

The only way that clown can stay relevant is to take shots and be a drama llama. Otherwise his site is dead because he’s not an insightful kind of guy like Ed, Allahpundit or Ace where people go out of their way to seek their opinions and commentary. He offers no insight into things and can’t tolerate a difference of opinion. He serves no useful function any more other than serving as a cautionary tale of the perils of never leaving your house and flaking out hardcore.

MightyConservative on October 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

You and I are having a serious communication issue tonight. I was saying how I got banned from LGF.

Man, women from Alaska are really stupid.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Man, women from Alaska are really stupid.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Oh, sweet evil Jesus.

It was nice knowin’ ya, pal.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM

it’s not the killgore trout thing which makes charles a hypocrit. it’s the fact that his site used to embarrass a lot of conservatives with it’s overt racism. back then he’d claim that there was something feeble about attacking a blog by “cherry-picking” through the comments, but the fact is that if you criticized the racist comments of a lizardoid in good standing with charles, he’d ban you.

eh on October 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Kilgore trout seems to think Allahpundit is pro-Ron Paul:

re: #169 RealismRox

Allahpundit seems too smart for that place, but I guess he doesn’t have the self-respect to go work somewhere else.

I can’t decide if I feel bad for him. He plays an Allen Colmes-like buffoon for the nutcases while feeding them a diet of Ron Paul and Glenn Beck. Maybe the paychecks are good, maybe that is who he is. I can’t tell.

Why get so outraged by this site if you’re not even reading it?

frankj on October 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Don’t let anyone know you post here, or he’ll ban you. No joke.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I don’t post there, so it’s not really a concern. What would be the point? I like to argue, and I don’t think I’ve seen an actual argument in the comments there since Johnson started his “crush all dissent” crusade.

RightOFLeft on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Sharmuta Oct 13, 2009 4:18:11pm

I’ve never liked hot air. I can hardly stand to read comments over there because the layout is terrible. And then there’s the content of those pages- just ugly. The misogyny is so thick, you could cut it with a knife. Why would any self-respecting woman want to join that site and spend time around such people?

WTF

THE reason i don’t go to lgf to check out the trollish news of the day is because of the AWFUL site charles designed — 1200 comments on ONE PAGE? REALLY? and you want me to have to press ‘refresh’ on a mobile phone to view it?

LGF complaining about bad site design is like Obama complaining about media worship.

battleoflepanto1571 on October 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM

battleoflepanto1571 on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Scoreboard44 on October 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

If you post on Hot Air and try to register or post at LGF it is instant banning. Good luck!

Key West Reader on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

nonsense

eh on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I’ve been trying to figure the meaning of lgf …it never made any sense to me…
What was Charlie thinking…yes, that is rhetorical, lol…
Was he the little water boy on the bench ? With all the humiliation that goes with it…
Unless of course that’s your gig…But to carry it into adult life…I just don’t know…
What’s wrong with all these people…
The dollar is tanking, gold is going thru the roof, Bernakie doesn’t have a plan…or maybe he does and he’s not telling us cause someone won’t let him…and the only thing on Charlie’s mind is petty bickering….Amazing…

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Oh, sweet evil Jesus.

It was nice knowin’ ya, pal.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM

My best friend says ‘sweet evil Jesus’ all the time. And yeah, I kind of hesitated before I hit the submit button, knowing full well the flame war I was stepping into.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Anyway, CJ is now accusing AP of not knowing how to read. Probably best to go back to ignore him unless he’s actively messing with Hot Air like with that Trout fellow.

frankj on October 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM

You should get him to register here. We can piss off Jenfidel something fierce as a team.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Ronnie on October 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM

LOL

d1carter on October 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Steele does not get it. Success does not mean to be more like the Democrats. I disagree with Steele and the far Right Wing of the party. There is no where for a intelligent, reasonable Republican to go.

Steele is as clueless as Ann Coulter. They are just different.

Decider on October 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:56PM

Yeah, it’s really a shame that we can’t slander people and ruin their lives purely because we disagree with them about policy questions. AP is sooooo unreasonable.

DaveS on October 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM

We can piss off Jenfidel something fierce as a team.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I’m pretty sure Jenfidel’s always pissed off.

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Hilariously, CJ is reading the comments here and picking out the ones that you could have guessed he would have picked out to quote on his formerly useful blog.

DaveS on October 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

It’s called class. You seem to have an issue with such a thing.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Why are you are Republican? Think about that for a minute

Uhm…wow… that’s….uhh….deep. I’m pretty bummed that Michael Steele hasn’t been able to hit his stride (or any stride) since getting elected party chairman. Then again, Howard Dean is the chairman of the DNC. What’s the lesser of two evils: annoyingly “hip” or annoyingly pompous?

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM

What’s the over/under for “number of days before Charles Johnson decides the Dan Rather memos were real after all”?

Damian P. on October 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM

So in the past year Charles Johnson has…

1. Apologized for 9/11 Truthers like Van Jones and Color of Change.

2. Spread racist falsehoods sourced only by Wikipedia.

3. Thinks Creationism is a bigger threat than terrorism.

Wow, what a complete illiterate asshat.

tetriskid on October 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

tetriskid on October 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

lol. Very true.

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM
It’s called class. You seem to have an issue with such a thing.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM

If comments are required to show class because anything less reflects badly on HotAir, doesn’t that reinforce Chuckie’s claim that HotAir is responsible for the stuff its commenters post? I don’t think HA should be held responsible for everything its commenters post. Commenters should have a freer reign in engaging what obviously Chuckie and his ilk are doing.

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 8:21 PM

jerrytbg on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Probably the same thing when I was presented with the task of creating my username for Hot Air. “Oh crap, I have to think of something….what message do I want to send? Creative? Artistic? Mysterious? Come on…think! What the heck, I’ll just put down ‘Rightwingguy’.”

LGF could mean anything or nothing.

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Sharmuta Oct 13, 2009 4:18:11pm

battleoflepanto1571 on October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Sharmuta really is a bit touched in the head. This site was founded, is owned, and it’s bloggers are employed by a woman. She posts here from time to time. You might have heard of her. Michelle Malkin.

JeffWeimer on October 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 8:21 PM

HA takes its own responsibility to eliminate various kinds of troll s**t, be it excessive profanity, anti-semitism, racism, spam, etc. These people always crop up. They want to keep the quality of posts at a very, very, very low minimum standard. Regardless of whether responsibility is taken for commenters’ comments at a website, the fact is that they do reflect on that site, especially if another site is just waiting to smear that site.

Loosening restrictions would just allow the kind of crap that is so extreme that it get the rarely-used banhammer lowered. Why in the world would you want that here?

Hmmm…

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Apologetic California on October 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

If by “banhammer” you mean getting thrown out because of crass, vulgar, and obscene comments, then yes, we live under a reign of terror perpetuated by AP.

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

JeffWeimer on October 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

….wow. The ignorance is so thick you can cut it with a knife….

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Sharmuta Oct 13, 2009 4:18:11pm

Concerns about misogyny from the site that coined the term “St. Pancake?” Priceless.

Infidoll on October 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I’ve only seen a very limited number of people banned from commenting at Hot Air and they were for the reasons you cited. This isn’t a free society. Posting here is a privilege granted freely on good faith, but if you abuse it, the privilege is rescinded

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM

BadgerHawk on October 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM

wow, stupid.

I actually hesitated to comment…. and stepped away.

But I remember some seriously interesting (as why bother saying it) from you.

But everyone has a f’ing off day. Stupid is as Stupid does.. and if I couldn’t understand you maybe others couldn’t as well.

At least I didn’t bother with the names this time.

upinak on October 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Rightwingguy on October 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Not to mention that you can abuse it…and abuse it…and abuse it till it’s black and blue. If you get banned at HA, you crossed a line, and crossed it fast.

MadisonConservative on October 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I never got into the comments there because it’s one page and it was a pain in the behind there to follow any threads.

Here, it’s better, but I think the pages are too short – threads get dropped with every new page and woe betide the commenter who posts the last line on a page, it won’t get much action.

I got banned there quite a while ago, while the JihadWatch war was still ongoing. Not from a comment, I think I downdinged a couple of his posts on that or creationism (seriously, why do you put up a rating device to gauge the interest of your readers if you’re not interested in their opinion?), or I just followed a link from Spencer’s site to find out both sides of the argument. Either way, I ran afoul of one of Charles’ cardinal rules – I thought for myself.

A question for Ed or Allah, is that blog war the reason you stopped carrying Robert Spencer’s “Blogging the Koran” on Sundays? If so, maybe you could reconsider that decision?

JeffWeimer on October 13, 2009 at 8:42 PM

The head frogger is posting the alledged (and untrue)”racist” statements from Rush that the Obama/Osama team have sent out as talking points to their slaves in the media and blog world.He says they havent been proven to be untrue…..Charles Johnson, the new Dan Rather!

theTarCzar on October 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM

So when I need Slublog to create a fake pic of CJ looking under a rock and finding racism while in the background Obama is watching Iran get the bomb where is he?? Where??

Theworldisnotenough on October 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I do not know what happened to make CJ snap.

He sees nazis everywhere, especially in Europe but he has not spent a significant amount of time there to my knowledge. So he’s nazi hunting on leftist websites apparently.

He’s also done a total 180 on global warming and sees a Creationist menace everywhere.

This and his love of the ban hammer for anything approaching dissent to his wildly oscillating viewpoints suggest he may well be very paranoid.

A real shame. I quite liked his blog a few years ago, as did others. Now it is just a litany of libels and paranoias about racists, fascists, global warming-cooling, and Creationism.

A very strange hard turn to the fringe left.

Anders on October 13, 2009 at 8:51 PM

All I can think of is: ‘he’s fresh, fresh, exciting, so exciting to me…’ there if any of you get that reference, wow. Remember when “fresh” was cool slang? I may be the freakazoid robot, no parking on the dance floor here, but as Steele gets more and more lame, I kinda like him more. So, all you playahaters, back on up out of here and let him get down with his bad self.

cynccook on October 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM