DNC: If you laugh at Obama’s Nobel, you side with terrorists

posted at 11:37 am on October 9, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Oh, and the Taliban too, which must be news to Mark Halperin, Ruth Marcus, Richard Cohen, and Ezra Klein this morning.  George Bush got a lot of heat when he used the “you’re with us or against us” for the war on terror, but he specifically meant nations that had to decide whether to help us fight terrorist networks or choose to hide them or hinder justice.  Politico reports that the DNC now posits that anyone ridiculing Obama is a terrorist sympathizer:

“The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists – the Taliban and Hamas this morning – in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize,” DNC communications director Brad Woodhouse told POLITICO. “Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize – an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride – unless of course you are the Republican Party.

“The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It’s no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore – it’s an embarrassing label to claim,” Woodhouse said.

Even in a political environment where the two major parties send out ridiculous ding-dong reactions to events, this takes the cake.  Woodhouse argues (almost assuredly uncomprehendingly) for a fuehrerprinzip where the head of state must never be questioned or criticized, lest one become a traitor to the fatherhomeland.  Will Woodhouse also start labeling late-night comedians like Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien terrorist sympathizers for their (very) occasional ridicule of His Reverence?  Does Janet Napolitano plan to open a file on Saturday Night Live for last week’s prescient dig?

Clearly, the DNC needs a smarter class of public-relations flacks.  Given this evidence, it should not be difficult at all to find them.  (image courtesy HA reader Mehokie)

Update: Did Woodhouse miss a memo?  Isn’t the White House about to argue that the Taliban pose no threat to us?  Twitterer VJMorton reminded me that the DNC is either a few days behind, or maybe signaling that Obama will dump that rather idiotic notion.  Actually, it’s probably just Woodhouse’s own idiocy at work…

Update II: Don’t tell the DNC, but the Huffington Post has apparently sided with the terrorists:

As the world responded with a mixture of surprise and amazement to the announcement of President Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize, Nobel insiders revealed that the President’s “beer summit” at the White House put him over the top. …

But, according to Ms. Valle, “someone brought up the beer summit, and we all agreed that that was awesome.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

I thought Democrats defend/embrace terrorist? One only has to look to the ACLU, Rev Wright, Black Panther Party, Bill Ayers, Eric Holder, Homeland Security’s ‘Over-Seas Contingency’…..

TN Mom on October 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM

That’s not embracing terrorism. That’s called ‘defending the human/civil rights of the oppressed’.

Or is it ‘the unwashed fornicating masses’? I forget; all the oppressed groups around the world are hard to keep track of.

Liam on October 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hey DNC, you’ll have to pry my ridicule for Obama from my cold, dead vocal chords.

It’s no longer the S.S. Obama, it’s the S.S. Democrat Party. Obama is the name of the iceberg.

Left Coast Right Mind on October 10, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Most people who aren’t members of the cult know that Obama is just an emperor with no clothes. The sad thing is that we’re outnumbered.

JohnJ on October 10, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Obama should give the monetary award to pay off some of the national debt.

JohnJ on October 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM

News Flash…….

NASCAR has just announced that President Barack Obama has just WON the 2010 Daytona 500.

He will be driving a Government Motors something or other. More details to follow……..

joe btfsplk on October 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

News Flash…….

joe btfsplk on October 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

In related news

The Wimbledon title for men, ladies as well as mixed doubles for 2010 has been awarded to Barack Obama for his extraodinary abilities to play ball with tyrants

macncheez on October 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM

My title gets longer by the day….Now, I’m a racist, right-wing extremist, member of the terrorist mob…did I miss any?

njpat on October 10, 2009 at 6:30 PM

The Republicans threw in with Ayers?

Jeff from WI on October 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM

The Republicans threw in with Ayers?

Jeff from WI on October 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Ayers is not a terrorist
He is just patriotically challanged

macncheez on October 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Ayers is not a terrorist
He is just patriotically challanged

macncheez on October 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM

LOL..Oh..I see

Jeff from WI on October 10, 2009 at 6:58 PM

DNC: If you laugh at Obama’s Nobel, you side with terrorists

Hey DNC, how about this one: If you side with Obama, you side with terrorists.

petefrt on October 10, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Let’s just cut to the chase:
Due to leftists, a now worthless prize is given to any empty suit, for doing nothing except talking like a leftist, and even the government run press can’t come up with a good reason for him to have it.

Jeff from WI on October 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM

joe btfsplk on October 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Of course he’s never driven in any NASCAR races, not to mention winning any. But he has thought about it. And if some day he ever drove in a NASCAR race, and if someday he ever raced in the NASCAR 500, NASCAR is confident he’d win it.

Congrats, Barry. You are our hero.

petefrt on October 10, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Ha Ha HA Ha Ha,,gasp Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

killerdog on October 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM

DNC: If you laugh at Obama’s Nobel, you side with terrorists

When I’m still laughing next summer, after my unit has deployed to Iraq, I’ll ask a terrorist if it feels like I’m on his side. And how that “Peace” thing is working out for him.

It’s so damn funny, I might just start calling my M240H Henny Youngman… “Take my bullets…please!” ” A little Chitosan dressing with your arterial salad, sir?” “My wife’s so fat, if she was muslim, she wouldn’t wear a burqa, she’d wear a GP Medium!” “Hey, what’s a guy gotta do to get a rimshot around here… Whoa! Whoa! Someone tell the flight surgeon to drop those rubber gloves!”

Yeah. It’s hilarious.

Doorgunner on October 10, 2009 at 7:30 PM

What’s really sad is realizing these terrorists have more of a clue than the DNC. I hate to say it, but, as bad as terrorists are, it’s the Democrat party that’s most likely to destroy this country.

xblade on October 10, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Well put. I can understand why a terrorist hates this country, although I support all efforts to wipe out those evil little bastards. It is more difficult for me to understand why liberals hate their our country.

Every lowering and diminishment of this country is, if not the intended effect of Obama’s actions, a welcome result. The dollars going to shit? Excellent. The presidency is a joke? Excellent! Administration fails to save the economy? Let the bourgeois suffer and let the proletariat awaken!!! (At least, that is what Master Alinski taught).

GTR640 on October 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Why hasn’t Bush and Cheney congratulated Obama yet?

They seem like poor losers to me.

Spathi on October 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM

haven’t

Spathi on October 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM

xblade on October 10, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Agree. At least the Dem Party as presently hijacked by the 1960′s revolutionaries.

GTR640 on October 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Me too. I’ve wondered that a lot. The only bottom line conclusion I come up with is that large numbers of them are what used to be called spoiled brats, self-absorbed little n’er-do-wells who would like to deflect self responsibility for their own failures in life with victimhood. Not all, but probably most.

The Marxist appeal, blaming others for one’s own failures, is eternal. However self-destructive it may be to believers, it will always be popular. We used to think it’s popularity is mainly among the poor. Now we’re finding out its appealing to the rich also… the rich like bin Laden and the rich like George Soros.

petefrt on October 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I will choose a path thats clear…I will choose free will…Rush, but not that one.

njpat on October 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Is this guy Woodhouse smoking his socks?

I would point out to Mr Woodhouse that although I am no Republican, I am a patriotic American who thinks that Chicago has more important items on its agenda than lining the pockets of its corrupt officials by landing the Olympics. I also think that “hope”, charisma and the ability to give a good speech do not add up to the kind of accomplishments that used to earn people Nobel prizes. (Of course, I am speaking of the era before Yassir Arafat, Jimmy Carter and Al Gore.) The fact is that Barack Obama getting a Nobel Prize is nothing more than another Nobel Committee slap at George W Bush and is a joke. I also take note that the deadline for Nobel votes was two months after Obama entered office. (I guess that means that his famous “beer summit” could not be considered.)

That said, Mr Woodhouse, that hardly means I am taking up sides with the Taliban and Al-Qaeda.

What is there to take pride in in an American president receiving an award he clearly has done nothing to earn? Pride? What kind of pride did Cincinnati Reds fans feel in 1919 when their team won the World Series only because the Chicago “Black Sox” threw it?

Isn’t it amazing how this Democratic Party goes about labeling its opponents in the most overblown terms?

Go to a tea party and we are redneck racists who don’t want a black president in the White House.

Protest at a town hall meeting against government health care and we are Nazis.

Don’t support Chicago for the Olympics and we are traitors on a scale of Jane Fonda in Hanoi.

And now, question what Obama has done to earn a Nobel Prize and we are the equivalent of the Taliban, Hamas and other terrorists.

How about this one, Mr Woodhouse: You remind me of Josef Goebbels. You don’t like that comparison, do you? I didn’t think so.

gary fouse on October 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM

HEY DNC……IS THIS WHAT HE WON THE NOBEL FOR?

Our American Jesus……….supporter of an American Holocaust!!!!

PappyD61 on October 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM

HEY DNC……IS THIS WHAT HE WON THE NOBEL FOR?

Our American Jesus……….supporter of an American Holocaust!!!!

PappyD61 on October 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM

He has been awarded the Nobel PEACE prize.
These pics qualify him for Nobel prize for MEDICINE and PHYSIOLOGY

macncheez on October 11, 2009 at 12:24 AM

njpat on October 10, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Uh yeah… homophobe! And if you are white and male better throw those in too.

tbear44 on October 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM

How about some sympathy for Hillary here. She’s gotta be thinking she just lost something else that shouldda been hers.

How long will she keep taking fecal sandwiches from the Big O.? Barry should probably stay out of National Parks.

sleepyhead on October 11, 2009 at 3:47 AM

lol. I like the lamp in the pic.

A new week ahead. How much more of the American way can be ripped to shreds?

johnnyU on October 11, 2009 at 8:48 AM

News Update:
Obama to be awarded Nobel prizes for his contributions to physics, chemistry, physiology, medicine, and literature; After all; What God doesn’t have a handle on all this?

Cybergeezer on October 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Ok so what does make me. Christian, Goth,Republican, and Black. Does that make me a racist as well because I didn’t vote for Obama and that the he would get a award that he didn’t earn. Shows me that any black person who is so far indoctrinated in the ideology of hate and racism of the Left that they would go far.

Christiangothkitty on October 11, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Why can’t we all just get along?

entagor on October 12, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Woodhouse’s comment was really stupid.

Just as stupid as any number of similar Republican comments since 9/11. Make hay of this if you will, but if you want to tally up who’s using the “my political enemies are terrorists!” card, I think you might be a bit embarrassed by your side.

orange on October 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM