Good news: Barney Frank injects Holocaust into immigration debate

posted at 6:25 pm on October 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Breitbart, a reminder that it’s never too early to Godwin a policy discussion, especially when it’s already super-charged with rage and bad faith. To be clear, he’s not comparing U.S. immigration law to the Holocaust; he’s saying that if immigration law then was like immigration law now, his ancestors never would have made it here and would have ended up in the camps. Which may, for all I know, be true in the particular case of his family, but as a general rule, it’s revisionist history. From the Jewish Virtual Library:

Thousands of Jews in Germany were successful in fleeing before the onset of hostilities in 1939, especially in the early years of the Nazi period. Many of these refugees were able to find their way aboard ships headed for American ports. There are, however, tragic stories of these ships being turned away by immigration officials, and their occupants returned to Europe to face the gas chambers (see story about the St. Louis voyage). Each nation had its own story of how its government and citizens responded to the horrors of the Holocaust. The following are capsules of some of these stories.

United States — Despite the fact that the U.S. received early reports about the desperate plight of European Jewry, procrastination and inaction marked its policies toward rescue. Immigration quotas were never increased for the emergency; the existing quotas, in fact, were never filled.

Wagner-Rogers legislation — Legislation was introduced in the United States Congress in 1939 by Rep. Robert Wagner to admit a total of 20,000 Jewish children over a two-year period above the refugee quota applicable at the time. The legislation was inspired by similar efforts by the Dutch and British government to save Jewish children from Nazi terror. The legislation was amended in committee to admit the 20,000 children only if the number of Jewish refugees admitted under the regular quota was reduced by 20,000. The bill died in the House after the sponsor withdrew his support for the bill in frustration.

That’s a disgraceful reality about American history but I’m not sure what lesson Frank wants us to take from it. We still have a quota of admitting 80,000 victims of political/religious persecution each year, and unless I missed a memo, no one has a problem with that. If he wants to raise the limit, fine, but it sounds like he’s more interested in equating the extraordinary hardship of 1930s Europe with the ordinary hardships of third-world countries today. How many populations are we supposed to swallow here, champ, and on what grounds, precisely? Any limits?

Stick with it or you’ll miss him explaining that dismantling Israeli settlements won’t do anything to win Hamas over, which is precisely why Israel should go ahead and dismantle them. Or something.

Comments

Another fat fool!

Gob on October 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM

One word: PUTZ

johnsteele on October 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

FAIL.

homesickamerican on October 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Because Felipe Calderon is a genocidal maniac.

Mark1971 on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Does he have any teeth?

Knucklehead on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

This is so ridiculous. Besides, I thought that the lack of government insurance was akin to the Holocaust.

Holocausts everywhere.

Terrye on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Unbelievably stupid, unless you’re sesqipedophilian.

jdkchem on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

So let me get this straight. Nazis oppose socialist health care. Nazis oppose illegal immigration. Nazis oppose corrupt community organizing. Now we are told that Nazis are enemies of Barney Frank.

Can’t the Left find anything bad to say about Nazis? What’s with all the praise?

keep the change on October 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM

How did all these clowns get elected?

easyone on October 7, 2009 at 6:34 PM

America is also oppressive to homosexual prostitutes who work out of their congressman boyfriend’s apartment…

ninjapirate on October 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Strong words, coming from the Majority Pedophile!

Cybergeezer on October 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM

What is this Howacost he’s blathering about?

elduende on October 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Does he have any teeth?
Knucklehead on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

There are several rude one-liners I could inject here that I don’t even want the image of.

kingsjester on October 7, 2009 at 6:38 PM

BIG FAT THWINE. THAT’TH WHAT HE ITH.

stenwin77 on October 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Did many Jews head back to Germany when they were unable to find a job here?

I know that Mexico is a giant, corrupt, trash pile, but if there were extermination camps you would think we might know about them by now.

Bishop on October 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Because Felipe Calderon is a genocidal maniac.

Mark1971 on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Exactly, and we’re suppose to be the racists…

ninjapirate on October 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM

So Barney Frank thinks there is a coming Holocaust in Mexico? It is getting ever more difficult to make any rhyme or reason out of what this loon is talking about.

Speaking of a Holocaust, someone sure did a holocaust on his face. Maybe under ObamaCare he can get a face transplant.

MB4 on October 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Doesn’t Barney have enough money to buy some teeth?

yoda on October 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Doesn’t Barney have enough money to buy some teeth?

yoda on October 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM

False teeth will be taxed under the Baucus bill.

Knucklehead on October 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Barney’s holocaust would be his running out of astroglide….or payees to his basement harem.

dthorny on October 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM

How did all these clowns get elected?

easyone on October 7, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Massawhatsis voters seem to have a particular fondness for them. Somebody should probably test the water supply.

MB4 on October 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

This man is insane. There is video of him saying he didn’t care if people paid their mortgagees with food stamps, for crying out loud. And then they set him up to ruin the country.

What a fat pile of excrement he is.

dogsoldier on October 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Well I’m glad his family managed to get out of Wussia safely.

mr_B on October 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Doesn’t Barney have enough money to buy some teeth?

yoda on October 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM

He he…But I’ll will censor my thoughts

Oil Can on October 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM

False teeth will be taxed under the Baucus bill.

Knucklehead on October 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM

You’re probably right about that!!!

Teeth might get in the way of business anyway.

yoda on October 7, 2009 at 6:50 PM

All that power condensed into such a tiny little man. Humorous if it weren’t so frightening.

spmat on October 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Economically we are already swallowing those populations. Only economically protectionist policies would stop that. I don’t want us to go there. So doesn’t it make sense to let these people live within our borders and build factories and high-tech parks here instead of in other countries? I’d much rather have the infrastructure here than elsewhere.

I don’t mean that we should allow illegal immigration, but I do think we need to radically increase the number of people we allow to legally immigrate; we should ease the process and cost of legal immigration as well.

Jens on October 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Sharia won’t accept Bonnie Frank.

No more to be said.

Liam on October 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Please don’t juxtapose “Barney Frank” and “injects” in the same headline.

*retch*

Meremortal on October 7, 2009 at 6:52 PM

If people are fleeing Nazi Mexico, are we going to have to go to war against them? I don’t want to have to do that.

exception on October 7, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I’m surprised he can get a word that big out of his mouth without slobbering all over himself.

BottomLine5 on October 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Bawney, be vewy vewy quiet, huhhuhhuhuh.

trubble on October 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Bawney needs to pull that sctick out of his arse, He read a obscure passage in some book and now he’s a history professor or something.

SHARPTOOTH on October 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Bonnie Frank is the last person to listen to.

Ask a Muslim, if you libs dare.

There’s nothing dignified about a guy who takes another man’s penis in his mouth or butt.

You libs, especially you feminists, tell me I’m wrong.

Liam on October 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM

YouTube says:

“An error has occurred please try again later.” Aptly said of Barney Frank don’t ya think?

Irenaeus on October 7, 2009 at 6:59 PM

LOL at the front screen cap.

baldilocks on October 7, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Bonnie Frank is the last person to listen to.

Ask a Muslim, if you libs dare.

There’s nothing dignified about a guy who takes another man’s junk in his mouth or butt.

You libs, especially you feminists, tell me I’m wrong.

Liam on October 7, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Barney Frank’s ancestors survived the Holocaust and made their way to America so that he might have the freedom to let his boyfriend run a gay prostitution service out of his townhouse. It’s an inspiring story.

Cicero43 on October 7, 2009 at 7:01 PM

He he…But I’ll will censor my thoughts

Oil Can on October 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I picked up your censored thoughts Oil Can and I concur.

yoda on October 7, 2009 at 7:05 PM

What a Weeble Wobble.

Two’fer.

donkichi on October 7, 2009 at 7:05 PM

phhhtttt dead race card

plaaaatttt dead holocaust card

next….

tarpon on October 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM

That picture on the front page.

I’d mention a Star Wars: A New Hope villain but I think that’s against Ed’s rules …

gh on October 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM

That was then and this is now.

darwin on October 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

ninjapirate on October 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM

it was his Townhouse : )

Red State State of Mind on October 7, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Barney doesn’t NEED teeth. He’s happy just “Barneying” all the 20 year old fellow travelers he can find. Or hire.

bradley11 on October 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM

As the child of a survivor, I take offense to this bloated, thieving pederast. The day he is removed from office will be cause for celebration.

J.J. Sefton on October 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM

exception on October 7, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Well, Nazi Mexico may take a page out of Germany’s 30′s playbook, insisting they simply want to unite all Spanish speakers in One Uber Nation….so there go TX, NM, AZ, CA at minimum….

Red State State of Mind on October 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM

LOL! That pic makes Fwank look like a gay Jabba.

Sporty1946 on October 7, 2009 at 7:17 PM

When that Quenn sits…

…. you actually do hear “Sssssssqqquuuiiisssshhhhhhhh!”

Seven Percent Solution on October 7, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I have never been less proud of my (adopted) state.

(MA)

gopmom on October 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM

So which country has got a pogrom killing Hispanics? Can Barney “Roll the Dice” Frank expound on that? Next he’ll be claiming to be Anne Frank’s son.

GarandFan on October 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I really hate the way so many trivialize the holocaust.

I haven’t watched the video because I don’t want to ruin my dinner so I don’t know exactly what he said.

We just moved to a town just outside of El Paso and this week we’ve been having parent-teacher conferences. I believe that we will start homeschooling because of what I learned of the schools. Our schools are being overrun by kids from Mexico. Our congressman is really trying to keep this town poor by really trying to keep educated folks out of town and objected to the neighborhood that we live in being built (the average home costs $40,000 in town and the average home in our neighborhood is a little over $200,000). We were told that our 4th grader will really need to learn Spanish as half the classes in his school are Spanish-only. Our 7th grader is all-honors and is picked on for being “too smart.” Our 10th grader is being held up in all of his classes as an example to others as what a good student is (he has a B average- and is in the top 5% of his class).

I am SO SICK of people telling me what a boon illegal immigration is to our country. Our schools are overcrowded and under-archieving. I cannot go into the closest grocery store without struggling with my highschool Spanish and getting stared at. The crime and the gangs. We don’t even have a hospital close to us because no one will build one because of the illegal population.

I have posted before how, in our area, the town is full of hard working people. And most are. But after talking to so many teachers the last couple of days, I’m just scratching my head at all the crap that is going on in the schools.

cibolo on October 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Dear AP: In every case, your use of the word ‘champ’ would be more descriptive if the term ‘chump’ were used instead. In a pinch, you could go with ‘chimp’.

GnuBreed on October 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Bawney Fwank didn’t jump the shark on the immigration debate, he boned it.

HornetSting on October 7, 2009 at 8:04 PM

cibolo on October 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Welcome to El Peso….there’s a reason why everyone in Texas doesn’t consider El Paso part of Texas…it’s Mexico.
I live 90 miles north, in the Land of Retardment.
Welcome to hell.

HornetSting on October 7, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Barmy Fwank, just another reason we need Captain Ahab.

Dhuka on October 7, 2009 at 8:09 PM

This man has far to much power to be so arrogant and ignorant, he has got to voted out, even if it’s just another dem that does it.

Dollayo on October 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM

and we wouldn’t have this blithering idiot in the Congress now, passing moronic laws that are destroying the country.

Sounds to me like a great argument in favor of restrictive immigration laws.

AZCoyote on October 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I see that the Banking QUEEN is back on H/A. and of course the crap that comes out of his mouth is meaningless.

hawkman on October 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Can I get subtitles plz

Ugly on October 7, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Does he have any teeth?
Knucklehead on October 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I highly doubt that Bawney Fwank WANTS any teeth.

Lourdes on October 7, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Jens on October 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I don’t know where in the U.S.A. you may reside, but, in my experience, immigration is far outpacing just about everything and everyone else. I see NO REASON to even suggest that we need more immigrants or otherwise need t o “ease the process and cost of legal immigration…”

Crowd after crowd after crowd, half of China, 1/4 of India, most of the Middle East and about 1/2 of Mexico are all already here in the U.S. Why in the world do we as a nation need more?

Lourdes on October 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

cibolo on October 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Stop trying to speak Spanish. Speak English. If anyone doesn’t ‘understand’ you, a resident, ignore them, stare at them, shop somewhere else and complain when you do.

If the store manager doesn’t speak English — or won’t, which is more likely the case — ignore him/her, stare at them critically, complain some more.

Stop indulging this creeping Spanishia. There is no goal there to respect the U.S.A., so don’t indulge them, not for so much as one shopping trip.

And make them get out of your way when they clog up the aisles and try to laugh at the polite White person.

Lourdes on October 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Well well, this oaf calls to mind an old truism: A turd in a government position is still a lisping turd!

jgdp on October 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM

How does that vile tapioca throated putrid pus bag keep getting re-elected?

He practically oozes that greasy gooey scum found in a sink trap from his pores.

SilverStar830 on October 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Every illegal alien who gets deported gets asked “do you have any fear of returning to your country?”. If they say yes, they get referred to the asylum office.

They’ll get served an M-444 and a few other docs (I can’t remember off the top of my head) and be given a legal aid sheet with people they can contact while they’re being held for their illegal entry – until such time as a decision can be made on their asylum claim.

If their home country is persecuting them, they get to stay – those are the main criteria (sometimes if criminal gangs function as govt, that may count, too – or other circumstances). Explicitly, if their govt. is persecuting them, they can stay. El Sals, Cubans, etc. all get to stay.

Barney Frank is a lying sack of sh!t unworthy to lick any refugee’s boots. He fully and completely misrepresents American immigration policy and law, and deserves to be slapped upside the head with a copy of the INA until he understands it.

Also, Nazis are specifically deportable. If you find a Nazi today, a la “Apt Pupil” – guess what? – DEPORTABLE alien. Call ICE/INS/USBP and you can have him on a plane to Nuremburg in the morning. I would think the same would go for members of Unit 731, but I digress.

CPL 310 on October 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Barney Frank is the the biggest Putz on the planet. As my fellows jews know, the worst thing in Hashem’s eyes is a “schmucky jew,” and he definetly is the poster child.

papabrody on October 7, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Asylum, which is a slightly different immigration status (but is more or less the same kind of benefit) has no upper limit.

NorthernCross on October 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Wow…

Less than 70 comments all day for Bawney.

Hope that frosts his frankfurter, that worthless putz puffer.

paragon27x on October 8, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Here is a perfect opportunity missed to bring up the issue liberals all tend to avoid, why are so many Mexicans fleeing Mexico…I can tell you why, for the same reason they flee L.A, organized crime and drugs, Go Libs

Observation on October 8, 2009 at 3:39 AM

The most accomplished liars mix truth with lie. Here we see a Frank example of the accomplished liar.

America did not want to acknowledge the truth of the Nazis because it was damn inconvenient.

World War I had been the “Great War” and “the war to end all wars” and no one was eager to confront the reality of Nazi Germany. Part of that denial of reality is reflected in our immigration policies of the time.

Europe appeased evil and evil loves appeasement.

Appeasement of evil in the guise of pacifism is just more evil. No, such pacifism is NOT nice. It is mean, for it means many more will die.

Evil, once identified must be dealt a swift and decisive blow.

Frank speaks of immigration law then. It does not follow that the law then should be likened to now.

Now is not then.

But then again, Frank is frankly a liar.

Knowing that is good enough for me.

By the way, a most impressive of photo of a hard veteran of tough politics.

I decided not to go to the store for my usual marshmallow run today. I may skip it for a while. A long while.

Sherman1864 on October 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM

LOL at the front screen cap

He sure knows how to work that phallic-like device to his mouth, don’t he ???

Jerome Horwitz on October 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM

keep the change on October 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Hilarious! ROFL!

ExpressoBold on October 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Jabba the Hut.

jdflorida on October 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Sharia won’t accept Bonnie Frank.

No more to be said.

Liam on October 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Speaking truth to power.

Blacksmith8 on October 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Barney, why is the US accepting thousands of enemy immigrants (Saudi Arabia, Somalia, etc), millions of immigrants who are not in any way threatened by their government (Mexico, etc), and not accepting Christian and Jewish refugees from Iraq, Iran, Egypt, etc? Would you care to give a cogent, clear, and complete disquisition stating why this is the case?

{^_^}