Bill Ayers to righty blogger: Of course I wrote “Dreams from My Father”

posted at 9:30 pm on October 6, 2009 by Allahpundit

What’s more amusing? The fact that he’d tease a conservative by baiting her about the right’s Cashill/Andersen-fueled authorship suspicions, or the fact that the Examiner seems to think he was making an earnest, honest-to-goodness confession?

Note that this wasn’t even in response to a question. He simply blurted it out as soon as the interviewer identified herself as conservative.

Anne Leary of Back Yard Conservative was passing through Washington, DC’s Reagan National Airport yesterday, and was surprised to come across Bill Ayers at Starbucks: “scruffy, thinning beard, dippy earring, and the wire rims, heading to order.” She struck up a conversation with him and snapped the accompanying photo…

Ayers was in Washington, he told her, for a conference on education.

“That’s what I do, education,” he said. “You shouldn’t believe everything you hear about me… You know nothing about me.”

To which she responded, “I said, I know plenty–I’m from Chicago, a conservative blogger, and I’ll post this.”…

But he didn’t scowl, and didn’t run off as he has been known to do. Instead, unprompted, he blurted out: “I wrote ‘Dreams From My Father… Michelle asked me to.” Then he added “And if you can prove it we can split the royalties.”

Anne responded, “Stop pulling my leg!”

But he repeated insistently, “I wrote it, the wording was similar [to Ayers’ other writing.]”

Anne responded, “I believe you probably heavily edited it.”

Ayers stated firmly, “I wrote it.”

Anne ended the conversation by saying “why would I believe you? You’re a liar.”

Follow the link for the Examiner’s theory that being denied proper credit for the president’s book — which was published almost 15 years ago — may have finally triggered Ayers’s megalomania such that he could no longer suppress the truth during … a chance encounter with a blogger in an airport. Dude?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Agree…he’s playing games here with somebody who should know better.

AUINSC on October 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I don’t believe him..

the_nile on October 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM

“You want the truth, conservatives? You can’t handle the truth!”

cackcon on October 6, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Good thing he ran into her and not me.

I could get 15 minutes of righteous fame from clocking that punk.

HondaV65 on October 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM

That’s pretty basic chain-pulling.

exception on October 6, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Pretty weak. I think he wrote it, but it’s just he said/she said

BuckNutty on October 6, 2009 at 9:35 PM

First of all, we don’t even have confirmation that he said anything, right? She has a picture but I saw no proof outside of the blogger’s word that he said what she claims. Karl Rove was going to be indicted according to a blogger, too.

The conversation as she portrays it is extremely awkward. He just decides to confess to some conspiracy conservatives have been throwing around for a year now? Without any prompting? And then does what he can to prove it, including using a talking point bloggers have been using, when she doesn’t believe him?

Something’s fishy and it’s not my dinner.

amerpundit on October 6, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Yeah, he likely wrote it, he was also jacking with the lady.

bikermailman on October 6, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Maybe Jake Tapper could fact check this one tomorrow?

I think he’s telling the truth.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM

even if he is lying, its pretty bizarre behavior.

rob verdi on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Calling Norman from the Megatons thread you tried to take a swipe at Sarahcuda….

Branch Rickey on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I could get 15 minutes of righteous fame from clocking that punk.

HondaV65 on October 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM

V65 it’s real easy to fall in an airport what with luggage and all, and an old guy’s knees don’t take much to collapse.

thomasaur on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Ummmm…

Why is America’s second most famous commie buying coffee from Starbucks?!?! Don’t they use slave labor to make those macchiatos… or something?

/did ya miss me?

bitsy on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I thought Rev. Wright wrote “Dreams from My Father”.

Dire Straits on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

He’s just using the same taunting psuedo-intellectual self-absorbed taunting that our Trolls display on Hot Air.

kingsjester on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

even if he is lying, its pretty bizarre behavior.

rob verdi on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Well it’s not like he would try to hurt anyone…

the_nile on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

“scruffy, thinning beard, dippy earring, and the wire rims

Ugh……Damn hippie.

ThePrez on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Trust, but verify.

Hmmm…I wonder who said that…

Gothguy on October 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM

He’s just throwing it out there to get a reaction. Once a bomber, always a bomber.

sherry on October 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Then he added “And if you can prove it we can split the royalties.”

I guess he is also having trouble during this economic downturn. This guy should be retired to a jail cell somewhere.

gleep on October 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I knew he wanted to say it. He wants the truth to set him free. He’s a media hound. He loves it, he wrote it and he wants the credit. He built a president from his own computer and wants the credit.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I think he’s telling the truth.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I think he wrote it, but I have my doubts as to whether this exchange occurred exactly as recounted. I don’t know why, but something about this alleged conversation just strikes me as wrong.

uncivilized on October 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM

sherry on October 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Yeah, in this case he’s throwing out the blurt-bombs.

misslizzi on October 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM

smug bastid

blatantblue on October 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Silly people. Of course he wrote it, but he says this stuff to make you think he’s B.S.’ing you. My question is how did he get in and out of the White House without being seen that day? He must have gone to spank his student, Barack Hussein Obama, hmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmm.

suzyk on October 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Ayer’s in an airport?

Comforting.

Hope they checked his bags…

artist on October 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I really don’t understand why anyone cares. All these socialists/commies are known liars so you can’t believe anything they say, so who cares what they say.

WildBillK on October 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

He most definitely wrote it. Obama is a terrible writer. All of it’s content is in fact Ayer’s style

larvcom on October 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Just a guy in the neighborhood.

artist on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

uncivilized on October 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Cashills’ analysis indicated Ayers’ wrote the president’s book.

Anderson’s book cites two sources, one of whom may have been Mrs. Obama suggesting that Mr. Obama take notes to Ayers after Mr. Obama suffered a writers block.

Now Ayers has admitted writing it.

Strange conversation or not, it is worth fact checking…. or are we going to be spun for kicks by Ayers?

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

This ^^ is Bill Ayers brain permanently on a bad acid trip.

And, the associated bad acid state of mind, stuck forever in what remains of a once human mind long since run amok: “I can’t help it, I don’t know it, I didn’t think it, it’s someone else’s thought inside my head, make it stop, you can’t, it’s not going to stop, I don’t know what I’m saying, you can’t make me, go away…”

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Maybe Jake Tapper could fact check this one tomorrow?

I think he’s telling the truth.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM

If we can get SNL to do a skit, CNN will fact check it.

artist on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Let’s waterboard Ayers and see what he says.

BottomLine5 on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

even if he is lying, its pretty bizarre behavior.

rob verdi on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Bizarre behavior for Bill Ayers?

SagebrushPuppet on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

He’s obviously just playing around here… but seriously, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a some input on Dreams…

For instance, does anyone know where Obama’s old white girlfriend is?

ninjapirate on October 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM

How many drugs has Ayers actually consumed? By “drugs” I am referring to street substances used indiscriminately for “entertainment” purposes.

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Ugh……Damn hippie.

ThePrez on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Damn, dirty apes hippies!!!

bikermailman on October 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Well, at least the left knows what a paradox is… I was getting worried they were completely brain dead. /s

MeatHeadinCA on October 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I think Ayers did write the book or heavily aided in the writing of it.

Ayers must be in the tipping point of having Obama take all the credit for his masterful plan. Terrorists get envious too sometimes.

cubachi on October 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Ayers in an airport…AND THEY LET HIM ON A PLANE?!?

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM

That is a classic criminal tactic. Admit to the crime but be a poor witness on your own behalf.

MB4 on October 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Why this guy is able to get on an airplane, in Washington of all places proves we have a long way to being safe when we fly.

Caper29 on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

thomasaur on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

My favorite was the spike heel to the
instep. Pivot off that foot and down they go. Looks totally accidental.Apologize profusely and try not to snicker.

katy the mean old lady on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

For instance, does anyone know where Obama’s old white girlfriend is?

ninjapirate on October 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Dead women tell no tales.

MB4 on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Dire Straits on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Huh? I though the Rev. was his inspiration? Or was that Frank, or… ?

MarkABinVA on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Yeah, I think he’s just having some fun with her. That story just sounds a little too weird too me. Though, it wouldn’t surprise me if he did write it.

changer1701 on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Oh, I agree – definitely worthy of a closer look. There’s no doubt that Mr. Obama didn’t write it, and the similarities between Ayers’ other works and “Dreams” are so obvious that they just can’t be laughed off. Obama is, well, a piss-poor communicator, to say the least. To pass this book off as his own work…shameless.

uncivilized on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Seriously, someone should asked him if the bomb that blew up Diana Oughton was worth it…

Undercover agent Larry Grathwohl, who had infiltrated and joined the Weather Underground, described their post-revolution governing plans for the United States in this video taken from the 1982 documentary “No Place to Hide.” The Weather Underground openly discussed exterminating 25 million Americans who refused to be “re-educated” into communism.

Here’s a transcript of his interview:

I bought up the subject of what’s going to happen after we take over the government. We, we become responsible, then, for administrating, you know, 250 million people.

And there was no answers. No one had given any thought to economics; how are you going to clothe and feed these people.

The only thing that I could get, was that they expected that the Cubans and the North Vietnamese and Chinese and the Russians would all want to occupy different portions of the United States.

They also believed that their immediate responsibility would be to protect against what they called the counter-revolution. And they felt that this counter-revolution could best be guarded against by creating and establishing re-education centers in the southwest, where we would take all the people who needed to be re-educated into the new way of thinking and teach them… how things were going to be.

I asked, well, what’s going to happen to those people that we can’t re-educate; that are die-hard capitalists. And the reply was that they’d have to be eliminated. And when I pursued this further, they estimated that they would have to eliminate 25 million people in these re-education centers. And when I say eliminate, I mean kill. 25 million people.

I want you to imagine sitting in a room with 25 people, most of which have graduate degrees from Columbia and other well known educational centers, and hear them figuring out the logistics for the elimination of 25 million people.

And they were dead serious.”

ninjapirate on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I also well agree that Obama’s book or books were written by Bill Ayers. There are numerous — numerous — statements and phrases in the so-called “Obama” book/s that are also in written material from/by Ayers, for sheer starters. Also, even Obama complained he was “stuck” and couldn’t write much for well over a year…presto, book resulted. Obviously, Obama did not write what he’s lied about having written. For starters.

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

TOTUS wrote it.

SagebrushPuppet on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I hope someday,HilRod bumps into Ayers on a dark
night,in a dark back alley!!

And HiRod says to Ayers,did you know I wanted to be President,ever since I was in my mothers womb,and
you took all that away from me!hehe(snark)

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Whoops…

Seriously, someone should ask him if the bomb that blew up Diana Oughton was worth it…

ninjapirate on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Ayers is not smart enough to create a President.

danking70 on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I don’t look good in pumps. (;-)

thomasaur on October 6, 2009 at 9:51 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Apparently, you’ve earned your moniker. haha

MarkABinVA on October 6, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Let him deny it on the record.

Blake on October 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I still don’t understand how the whole Polanski goings-on isn’t an opportunity to revisit Bernardine Dohrn’s “Dig it” Manson remarks.

Also, I’d love to meet Chris Buckley in an airport after the truth about Ayers’s ghosting of Dreams is confirmed.

boko fittleworth on October 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Dude is a cockroach.

Metro on October 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM

MB4 on October 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Yep

SouthernGent on October 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM

kingsjester on October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM

why so bitter?

sesquipedalian on October 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hmmm. Maybe Joe Biden wrote it.

SagebrushPuppet on October 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

uncivilized on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Maybe a friendly request to Random House Publishers inquiring about how many other books that they have published that haven’t been written by their primary authors shall get their attention and initiate a little q/a into the real author of this book?

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM

More evidence that he may have Obama’s ear.

I am glad that people who oppose conscription will help make sure Obama never considers a draft.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Aren’t terrorists on a no-fly list?

JammieWearingFool on October 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Me thinks,either he’s game playing,

or,

Ayers is becoming bitter,maybe Obama promised Ayers a spot
on his Administration as a form of payback,and so far,Ayers
is left out in the cold,

or,there is no falling out,and this is just another game
playing to make it appear,there is a rift between,

the Fence Post Turtle and the Mad Bomber!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Bill Ayers ran an anti-conscription movement in the 60′s.

Mcchrystal may want a draft for the Afghan occupation.

Good think McCain is not in charge.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Who would bother reading Ayer’s to know that in the first place?

Ah, so that’s how he got away with it!

misslizzi on October 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM

sherry on October 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM

DITTO.

I also think Ayers really wants credit “for his work”. We all know who Bill Ayers is and his latest pitiful attempts to call what he is some sort of education-icon or representative is Ayers being who he is: psychotic, seeking attention, impervious to suffering he (intentionally) inflicts.

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Ayers IS “free as a bird” unless there is a just God. Atheist fail or Ayers win. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

boko fittleworth on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Whether Ayers was lying or not isn’t nearly as revealing as the implicit acknowledgment that Barry couldn’t write his way out of a paper bag.

anXdem on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

why so bitter?

sesquipedalian on October 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Bitter? So stating the obvious truth is now bitter?

MeatHeadinCA on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

AP: Do you know how many publishers in the United States actually publish books by the people who are listed on the cover as the author?

I would think that most publishers actually publish original writings by the guy whose name is listed on the cover. If they didn’t, one would think the public would call into question all of the books by that same publisher.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Who would bother reading Ayer’s to know that in the first place?

Ah, so that’s how he got away with it!

misslizzi on October 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Referring you to Cashill’s book…

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

OT : The new KISS album rocks(havent been able to say that for a loooong time)! and they are on uhhh Letterman tonite and jimmy kimmel tomorrow night.And no,Gene Simmons totally denies bill ayers co-wrote any songs :P

theTarCzar on October 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM

why so bitter?
sesquipedalian on October 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Why so Socialist?

kingsjester on October 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I wish Obama would call Afghanistan a “dumb war” like he does Iraq.

The left made a mistake of not running a more hard edged antiwar candidate…but Obama is still better than Schillary.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Say it isn’t so……

HornetSting on October 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Hmmm. Maybe Joe Biden wrote it.

SagebrushPuppet on October 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

You mean the guy that spells his name “Jo BydN?”

MeatHeadinCA on October 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Lying is fun, but it’s not nearly as fun as telling your enemy a truth that they are desperate to hear, but will be unable to use against you. Did he tell the truth knowing if would discredit her if she used it, or could it be a lie he told hoping she would print, and discredit herself and anything else he had said. It appears she caught him off guard and he had already made statements before she revealed herself as a conservative blogger, so flip a coin. It will be as good as any other method you use to determine the truth.

DFCtomm on October 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

boko fittleworth on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Oh, there is a just God alright. Proof positive is the twenty four hours between thursday and friday last week where Dave Letterman and the president were both forced to eat a whole helluva lot of crow.

If Ayers is due some justice, justice shall be served. Whether that justice is handed down by a court, or by God himself, only time will tell, but justice shall be done.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Aren’t terrorists on a no-fly list?

JammieWearingFool on October 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM

JammieWearingFool: This reminds me of the movie,Airplane 2,
the sequel!

Thats how surreal this is,a former bomber
that gets on an airflight,trouble free!!

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Mcchrystal may want a draft for the Afghan occupation.

Good think McCain is not in charge.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Great! Let’s see the link that show that McChrystal wants the draft…we have your buddy Rangle explicitly asking for it a couple of years ago…otherwise, you are going to look even dumber than you already do…which is almost impossible.

AUINSC on October 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Ya I don’t trust that Rangle. I don’t know why he wants a draft.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM

My favorite was the spike heel to the

katy the mean old lady on October 6, 2009 at 9:49 PM

You go on with your bad self, Katy the mean old lady!
I’ll have to try that.

HornetSting on October 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Ya I don’t trust that Rangle. I don’t know why he wants a draft.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Yeah, well I do.

And you avoided my question.

AUINSC on October 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Hmmm. Maybe Joe Biden wrote it.

SagebrushPuppet on October 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Referring you, too, to Cashill’s articles (not book as previously, wrongly typed).

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Aren’t terrorists on a no-fly list?

JammieWearingFool on October 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM

good point, Canada actually turned this toolbag around in Vancouver some time last year. But, here is is, tramping around the country, “free as a bird” as he likes to say….

for now that is.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM

theTarCzar on October 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM

the TarCzar: I dedicate the song “STRUTTER” to Nancy
Pelosi!!haha:)

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Y’know, I may not even be the one who writes my posts…

I have a ghost writer….it’s a cat.

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

an old guy’s knees don’t take much to collapse.

thomasaur on October 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Steel Toed Boots. Work wonders on knees.

TinMan13 on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

AUINSC,

I said “may” want a draft. Obama is already doing a surge strategy in Afghanistan with 20-40K troops, but Mcchrystal wants a lot more troops.

I don’t know where Obama can get enough troops to put 100K more in Afghanistan.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Twins win. Bad weekend for Detroit, badder than usual that is.

Bishop on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Melvin Dummar?

notropis on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

The president shouldn’t get a standing army.

That’s the only way to avoid another Bush. The States need to be put in charge of the national defense.

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Steel Toed Boots. Work wonders on knees.

TinMan13 on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I hear that guys like this really quiver and shake at the sight of a “strongly worded memo…”

usually the weapon of choice of international diplomacy

ted c on October 6, 2009 at 10:05 PM

the TarCzar: I dedicate the song “STRUTTER” to Nancy
Pelosi!!haha:)

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 10:03 PM

My man that song is too good for her…but i know what ur sayin’ ; )

theTarCzar on October 6, 2009 at 10:05 PM

More interesting analysis from Cashill…

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Spathi on October 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Yeah, I saw what you did there…doesn’t matter. You did mean to imply he wants the draft. You are a liar, but not very good at it.

AUINSC on October 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM

It truly pains me that this maggot is still thieving my oxygen.

Sam_I_Am on October 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Bitter? So stating the obvious truth is now bitter?

MeatHeadinCA on October 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

MeatHeadinCA: Time for another joker poster!

Ayers as the Joker,”WHY SO BITTER” hehe:)

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 10:07 PM