Bill Ayers to righty blogger: Of course I wrote “Dreams from My Father”

posted at 9:30 pm on October 6, 2009 by Allahpundit

What’s more amusing? The fact that he’d tease a conservative by baiting her about the right’s Cashill/Andersen-fueled authorship suspicions, or the fact that the Examiner seems to think he was making an earnest, honest-to-goodness confession?

Note that this wasn’t even in response to a question. He simply blurted it out as soon as the interviewer identified herself as conservative.

Anne Leary of Back Yard Conservative was passing through Washington, DC’s Reagan National Airport yesterday, and was surprised to come across Bill Ayers at Starbucks: “scruffy, thinning beard, dippy earring, and the wire rims, heading to order.” She struck up a conversation with him and snapped the accompanying photo…

Ayers was in Washington, he told her, for a conference on education.

“That’s what I do, education,” he said. “You shouldn’t believe everything you hear about me… You know nothing about me.”

To which she responded, “I said, I know plenty–I’m from Chicago, a conservative blogger, and I’ll post this.”…

But he didn’t scowl, and didn’t run off as he has been known to do. Instead, unprompted, he blurted out: “I wrote ‘Dreams From My Father… Michelle asked me to.” Then he added “And if you can prove it we can split the royalties.”

Anne responded, “Stop pulling my leg!”

But he repeated insistently, “I wrote it, the wording was similar [to Ayers’ other writing.]”

Anne responded, “I believe you probably heavily edited it.”

Ayers stated firmly, “I wrote it.”

Anne ended the conversation by saying “why would I believe you? You’re a liar.”

Follow the link for the Examiner’s theory that being denied proper credit for the president’s book — which was published almost 15 years ago — may have finally triggered Ayers’s megalomania such that he could no longer suppress the truth during … a chance encounter with a blogger in an airport. Dude?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Of course you can mock conservatives, but are you allowed to mock progressives? No you are not allowed to mock progressives because they are always already right, correct, and morally superior. Hi, Dave.

In any case, make sure you don’t mock turtles, they do not like it.

No soup for you.

Dhuka on October 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM

“Guilty as hell, free as a bird”

OF COURSE this murdering terrorist wrote the damned book, and this was just his way of flipping this gal off!

This is the guy who has murdered policemen (on his own or through the WU) and yet, didn’t have a problem calling the cops on Fox when they hounded him at home!

Even better, the cops came!

How ironical!

gary4205 on October 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Big thanks to Cashill and Rusty Humphries. I believe Ayers wrote this.

Any conservative who pooh-poohed this while NOT looking at the facts better reacquaint themselves with the forensic facts.

Facts will get you to the truth. I’m not running away form this or the Birth Certificate. No matter what Michael Medved says!

Gob on October 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I have been an adjunct (part time) professor for over 20 years from 101 classes to grad classes. I’ve seen my fair share of plagarism/ghost writing.

You can really tell if something wasn’t written by the supposed author after the first two pararagraphs. When I heard the first rumblings from Cashil, I took a look at DFMF and some of the Ayers text. Couple that with the marine references and you have a pretty good case. One that I could take to the Dean.

So, we have a guy in as POTUS who doesn’t have the experience to run the night shift at a mcDonalds and there is ample evidence that some of his Curriculum Vitae was actually the work of someone else (A guy who rejoiced in trying to kill army non-coms)

Fine mess you’ve gotten us into Ollie.

bullseye on October 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM

He did it again:

Ayers’s ‘Confession’

Jonah Goldberg

It sounds like Ayers is jerking some chains. From National Journal (no link):

Inside Washington

Saturday, Oct. 3, 2009

Payment Due

Who actually wrote Dreams From My Father? The book cover says Barack Obama, but one corner of the right-wing blogosphere thinks Obama had a ghostwriter—and that it was Bill Ayers, onetime Weatherman, current academic, perpetual radical. National Journal caught up with Ayers at a recent book festival where he was exhorting a small crowd of listeners to remember that they are citizens, not subjects. “Open your eyes,” he said. “Pay attention. Be astonished. Act, and doubt.” When he finished speaking, we put the authorship question right to him. For a split second, Ayers was nonplussed. Then an Abbie Hoffmanish, steal-this-book-sort-of-smile lit up his face. He gently took National Journal by the arm. “Here’s what I’m going to say. This is my quote. Be sure to write it down: ‘Yes, I wrote Dreams From My Father. I ghostwrote the whole thing. I met with the president three or four times, and then I wrote the entire book.’” He released National Journal’s arm, and beamed in Marxist triumph. “And now I would like the royalties.” —Will Englund

10/07 11:30 AMShare

KittyLowrey on October 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM

My rank speculation has always been that Ayers admires Obama greatly and still does, and was most likely a significant player in Obama’s eventual embrace of himself as a black man.

If you look at Ayer’s history, including the allegations of the dorm room rape and the ‘guilty as hell free as a bird’ statement, you see he has an ego the size of a barn. I doubt that his relationship with obama was anything near admiration for jugears. Rather it was “Oh neat, another useful idiot to use”

I highly doubt he is stewing with resentment that Obama used his book to promote his political career. After all, Ayers launched Obama’s political career in his home, and was there in Chicago on Election Night.

That all depends on how much homage obama is paying back to Ayers. If obama is throwing ayers under the bus, then there will be massive resentment. Also, Ayers is probably a believer in Cloward Piven and may be waiting in the wings for barry to finish destroying the US and then jump in. Is the weather underground truly dismantled??

It is more likely that Ayers sees Obama’s election as the culmination of much of his life’s work.

Nope, more like step 29 of 50. For someone with the mindset of Ayers, simply getting obama elected is not enough. Ayers wanted to be part of the new ruling elite. Remember the plans to murder 25 million americans that were not re-educatable??

He would like nothing better than to see the “right wing” get all distracted and run off on a Holy Grail search for evidence that he wrote Obama’s book, while Obama proceeds to dismantle our capitalist economy and sell the U.S. out to all of our foreign enemies
rockmom on October 7, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I disagree totally here. There are millions of us out here that dislike ozero. Your argument presupposes that, if we go after jugears on the book authorship, we cannot pursue any other attacks against him. Suppose one million of us go after the book thing. We aren’t limited to single tasking. That leaves a hundred million or so to go after other things plus about 3/4 of the one million book people.

CONSPIRACY ALERT

Folks, remember when Ozero was first elected and he JUST HAD TO GO TO THAT GYM AND JUST HAD TO KEEP HIS BLACKBERRY??? That was a nightmare for the SS. Now, here is my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory… That the gym was used as a dead-drop

Suppose I was Barry/BArack and I wanted to keep in touch with Billy Ayers. Doing so openly would not be acceptable.

However we could use the ‘third stall from the left’ scenario

1. A mule gets a membership to the gym
2. Ayers puts a couple of text, WAV or MP3 files on one of those micro SD cards
3. Mule goes to the gym the day before Barry’s visit. Goes into the third stall from the left and tapes the little SD card there
4. SS Sweep looks for dangerous stuff. Something the size of a pinky nail is not on their radar
5. Ozero goes to build his wonderful pecs. Halfwar through he says “Hey Guys, I gotta pinch a loaf man.” and goes into the third stall from the left.
6. He takes the SD card and pops it into his blackberry and gets his Ayers fix. When done, just flush and goodbye.

OK that is definitely tinfoil hat stuff but when you put Occams razor to it, it kind of makes sense

bullseye on October 7, 2009 at 9:02 PM

These lefties are feelin’ bold and empowered. They feel that they’re now in control and can say/do whatever they want. Scary part? They may be right. The right is mounting opposition “but” its not effective. Obama still maintains a 50% approval rating. The right has a massive blind spot. DD

Darvin Dowdy on October 8, 2009 at 8:21 AM

bullseye on October 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Interesting.

ted c on October 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM

What a strange man.

Osis on October 8, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I’m glad this thread came alive again like Frankenstein.

Of course this commie dirtbag wrote Turkmenbama’s book. Turkmenbama isn’t that smart…not like everybody says (he’s got something in common with “Freddo”).

And he is both toying with the conservatives and outing himself. Why can’t he do both? Writers (especially gifted ones) have egos you know.

Turkmenbama is a FRAUD, doncha know?

Gob on October 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM