Sneak preview: Audience gives Letterman 35-second ovation at tonight’s show

posted at 9:06 pm on October 5, 2009 by Allahpundit

Actually, it’s longer than that since the clip picks up mid-clap. But the guy deserves it. He, er, shtupped a bunch of his staffers, didn’t he? So, three cheers.

Sympathy is due him for being the victim of a crime, but of course he’s not the only victim here. Could we at least hold off on the “awwws”?

“Now the other thing is my wife, Regina. She has been horribly hurt by my behavior, and when something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it’s your responsibility, you try to fix it. And at that point, there’s only two things that can happen: Either you’re going to make some progress and get it fixed, or you’re going to fall short and perhaps not get it fixed, so let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me.”

Another audience member said Letterman’s apology to his wife appeared to evoke sympathy from some in the crowd…

“That was very heartfelt, a lot of women in the crowd — I could hear them literally saying, ‘awww,’ that they felt for Dave and the dilemma he’s probably going through.”

For what it’s worth, i.e. probably not much, the lawyer for the accused blackmailer told the Times he has evidence of sexual harassment but that he won’t be producing it until trial. Which, in all likelihood, will never come.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

canopfor on October 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM
That was LOL great!

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 10:12 PM

lovingmyUSA:When letterman went after Sarah Palins daughters
with that disgusting comments awhile back,someon
e posted these videos!

It seems,Letterman has had a long history and
track record of using and abusing women!:)

canopfor on October 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Maybe he could double date with Levi?

PappyD61 on October 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM

He should call Elliott Spitzer. He knows where to get the hot babes for the right price.

mizflame98 on October 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM

That is what passes for news? There are rather more serious issues to deal with than this kind of celebrity-obsessed BS.

I was unaware there’s a finite amount of space allotted for discussion on the Internet. Thanks for letting us know.

The Lone Platypus on October 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I was going to write all my thoughts down. Just can’t bring myself to do it. I am so disgusted with all the liberals right now, from Vain Hussein to Letterman and everyone in between.

GrannyDee on October 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Anders on October 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Reminds me of all of the networks fawning over Michelle and Oprah going to Copenhagen.

But that’s Different, with a capital D.

fogw on October 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM

canopfor on October 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM
IIRC, it was a TOW. 2 of ‘em. Had to penetrate the interior bunker. The small arms weren’t gettin’ it.

BobMbx on October 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM

BobMbx: Thanks for those details,I remember seeing the pic
ture of the house,and it was sprayed pretty good!

Two Tow`s,gawd that must of been a h*lleva bang,
followed by sudden death,haha!:)

canopfor on October 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Dave Letterman has shown himself to be a classless act. The people cheering Dave Letterman have defined themselves as degenerates.

Phil Byler on October 5, 2009 at 10:28 PM

35 seconds? Child’s play. I bet Polanski could get a good 2 minutes.

Never mind that…. imagine the cheers and laughter that a guest list of Edwards, Spitzer, Sanford, and Ensign would induce. Book ‘em now, Dave!

Knuckledragger on October 5, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Someone want to help me out here?

Anders on October 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Take the blue pill…

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Check your meds.

Talk show host, leftist water carrier, screws around. So what?

Anders on October 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM

And you came on this thread why? If this is your opinion, why waste your time, and ours by commenting. Yes this is Hot Air worthy because this man attacked Sarah Palin through her children. He is unashamedly for Obama. He deserves our disrespect, and it’s always fun to throw the ball at the dummy in the dunk tank.

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Dave and the dilemma he’s probably going through

Poor Dave! Couldn’t keep his zipper up and his hands off his female employees. And people are supposed to feel sorry for his “dilemma”?

Pardon me while I puke!

GarandFan on October 5, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Dave needed a clapping-seal audience and Zero always has a squad of town hall lackeys on standby.

It’s a surprise the Service Employees (SEIU) sent over by Axelrod didn’t go as far as their name suggests to further repackage Letterman’s sleaze.

viking01 on October 5, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Wouldn’t it be sweet if Dave could have Roman Polanski on soon as he gets that little bit of ‘legal trouble’ taken care of? (Polanski’s, I mean) Apparently only girls under the age of 25 appeal to him, too (Polanski, I mean — ooh, it’s so hard to keep the two of them separate) and since Dave likes to hit on college juniors, (so that makes them what? 20? 21?) they could compare notes and tell a few hilarious stories. I love how liberals are so into respecting and empowering women! Gee, between the two of them, I wonder how many abortions they have coerced? No matter, I’m sure Letterman could strangle a kitten live on stage and still get a solid minute of applause.

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM

..and I wilol be giving this post a 35-NONOsecond viewing. I hope that gap-toothed perv dies and goes to hell with a h*rd-on.

VoyskaPVO on October 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM

ooh, it’s so hard to keep the two of them separate
cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Big difference between Letterman and Polanski. Big difference between a drugged 13 year old and a woman in her 20′s. Letterman is a cad. Polanski is a criminal.

dedalus on October 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

OT: Favre and the Vikings are beating up on Green Bay 28-14 in the third.

Oh this thread is about Letterman? Worthless excuse for a human being IMHO

….back to football…..MUCH more important and newsworthy!

/sarc

Vntnrse on October 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Big difference between Letterman and Polanski. Big difference between a drugged 13 year old and a woman in her 20’s. Letterman is a cad. Polanski is a criminal.

dedalus on October 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I must say, I wholeheartedly agree

Vntnrse on October 5, 2009 at 10:41 PM

52% of scum that clogs up the toilets in this country…
Time to flush.
Dave, your time has come.

HornetSting on October 5, 2009 at 10:41 PM

and it’s always fun to throw the ball at the dummy in the dunk tank.

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Great point, well phrased!

massrighty on October 5, 2009 at 10:43 PM

The guy holding the applause sign must have had tired arms!

Hobbes on October 5, 2009 at 10:47 PM

dedalus on October 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Wow, thanks for distinguishing that fact for me, I had no idea. My point is that both are repulsive and both will have the entertainment establishment cheering them on all the way. Polanksi is the bigger horror, of course, but in my opinion, Letterman is just as creepy because of his non-stop ‘aw shucks, I’m just a harmless doofus’ persona over the past 20 years. Everybody knew Polanski was a perv on wheels what with him being on the run from extradition for 3 decades. Polanski may get a slap on the wrist when all is said and done, they’re already forecasting this as the turning point in Letterman’s ratings victory over Conan.
“…Letterman has reclaimed a ratings edge over new “Tonight” host Conan O’Brien.

And now he may have truly sealed the deal. With his masterful monologue last Thursday, Letterman single-handedly gave a TV performance to equal the Jay-and-Hugh moment. Implicit in everything he said about his own behavior was the unspoken question: “What the hell was I thinking?”

It could be that Letterman’s carefully calibrated act of self-disclosure has put him in the best spot possible to weather the situation — and even to milk it. Beloved by viewers and critics for decades, he has abruptly freshened the enduring Letterman brand and demonstrated he still has the ability to surprise even fans who thought they knew him well.

Indeed, a legendary late-night host has nothing but praise for Letterman’s skill at crisis management.

“To me, it seems Dave Letterman’s handling of this is impeccable,” Dick Cavett said in an e-mail. “Brave, direct, and — dare I say it? — manly. He has set a real example here of exactly how to behave when assaulted in such a sleazy operation.”

It isn’t the first time Letterman has shown finesse in managing a firestorm.

In June, he had a run-in with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin over jokes made at the expense of her teenage daughter. He emerged from a tumultuous few days of protests and demands for his dismissal with a ratings jolt. And thanks to the dumb-luck timing of the flap, he also handily upstaged his much-hyped NBC rival just as O’Brien was taking over as “Tonight” host.

Letterman apologized to Palin and her family in what became another one of his memorable performances. But he has never stopped making jokes at Palin’s expense.”

Bleah.

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I’ll make a bet here. Someone would need to do the following

1. Watch the video of the crowd.

2. Take note of the women applauding this decaying sack of putrid offal.

3. Meet these women somewhere and make a couple of sexually suggestive remarks while perhaps grabbing their butt or b00bs in a friendly way.

Now, what do you think will happen

A) they will take you up on your offer

B) they will laugh and tell you how cute and funny you are

C) they will mace you or call 911 and have you arrested for sexual assault.

My money goes on (C).. Any takers??

bullseye on October 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM

He calls his wife, and mother of his young boy, a “thing.”
That should make his relationship rosy…

TBenton on October 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I agree with you that there is a high ratio of calculation-to-sincerity in Dave’s actions right now.

dedalus on October 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Rewarding degenerates.

JammieWearingFool on October 5, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Isn’t that Vanity Fair’s editorial policy?

onlineanalyst on October 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Vntnrse on October 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Favre turns 40 this week. It is a short list of guys who were ever as good in their prime as Favre is at his age. That was a helluva throw to beat the 9ers. Some great throws tonight, especially the one Jaworski pointed out against the cover 2.

dedalus on October 5, 2009 at 11:19 PM

A 35 second applause for a douchebag that cheats on his wife, compromises his relationships with co-workers and subordinates, and without the slightest tinge of irony ridicules others that cheat on their wives (sanford, spitzer, etc).

The audience is morally challenged. The host is well … just a douche.

jdflorida on October 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Dave is more of a Howard Beale character then Beck.

RobCon on October 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Maybe because it is beneath you?

Anders on October 5, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Actually the studio has large electric APPLAUD signs and when it lights up, the minkeys applaud. Conditioned reflex and all that.

Dhuka on October 5, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Does he select his audience from the same gene pool of The View fans?

onlineanalyst on October 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM

TBenton on October 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Of course the irony in all of this is that I believe he began the relationship with the wife back when he was still living with Merrill Markoe. Back then, Regina was just another twentysomething ‘producer’ on the show fresh out of college. (Just like Stephanie Birkitt, et alia.) Merrill Markoe had this to say about her breakup with Letterman: “… a very bitter, sad, horrible breakup.” Letterman’s comment about their breakup: “I did not behave well at the end of that relationship.” Seems like kind of a pattern here. Oh well, at least he must be getting better with the mea culpas. Merrill Markoe on his current situation: “As you can imagine this is a very emotional moment for me because Dave promised me many times that I was the only woman he would ever cheat on.”

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM

LETTERMAN IS AN ASS!

sonnyspats1 on October 5, 2009 at 11:37 PM

He calls his wife, and mother of his young boy, a “thing.”
That should make his relationship rosy…

TBenton on October 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Have you SEEN his wife?
And the happy couple: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nkOiYNBuLFY/Scvl09UtGuI/AAAAAAAAAqw/0Acf5nFfjDw/s320/regina-lasko-married-david-letterman.jpg

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 11:57 PM

it’s always fun to throw the ball at the dummy in the dunk tank.

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Maybe because it is beneath you?

Anders on October 5, 2009 at 11:27 PM

You have obviously never been to the fair…

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Niiiiice. Have you seen this?http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/03/0311_david_letterman_splash.jpg

Yeah.

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM

And the happy couple:

lovingmyUSA on October 5, 2009 at 11:57 PM

lovingmyUSA: You would think,that Letterman,knowing he has
a Love Nest on the side,would elevate is non
happiness,to a smirk in that picture,ahem!:)

canopfor on October 6, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I still think a lot of people will turn him off. Anyone who has gone through this type of thing or even close is going to find it way too sticky for humor.

AnninCA on October 6, 2009 at 12:21 AM

AnninCA on October 6, 2009 at 12:21 AM

First of all, that is an unfortunate choice of words.

But, back to the point. Liberals can be forgiven of anything except the cardinal sin of conservative thought/action. Cases in point.

William “Cigar inserter” clinton, the guy who has been credibly accused of rape. The guy who was doing whatever with an intern one year older than his daughter.. And the women still loved him.

Ted “the frogman” Kennedy – The coward leaves a woman to drown in his oldsmobile and the women still love him and vote for him.

JFK – Nailed everything in sight and the women still loved him (ok, he gets a semi pass for his actions on 109)

Elliott “5 grand a night” spitzer – His political career is not yet dead.

Roman “Old enoght to ___ old enough for me” Polanski – Tons of support from the hollyweird starlets.

Woody “Grow your own girlfriend” allen is still adored by millions of women who should know better

Nope, liberalism is morally bankrupt. Unless you understand that concept, it makes no sense. The same women who will file sexual harrassment charges against a co-worker at the drop of a hat, are the same women who will be tuning in and supporting the gap toothed old bucket of slime and debauchery.

When I worked for the navy we had one of those same feminists working. She was starting to press charges against a guy who sat back to back with her and literally just bumped into her while standing up. This guy was not any kind of a predator but was a complete milquetoast. However, this same great married feminist was boinking one of the ex military contractors who had four steady girlfriends besides her plus whoever he picked up on travel and one of the best p*rn collections ever in his desk. He was a great guy and when he had a fatal heart attack, his co-workers hatched a rube goldberg plan to make sure none of his girlfriends or flings crossed paths at the funeral.. and they pulled it off.

Liberals are hypocrites pure and simple.

bullseye on October 6, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Ewwwwww…David Letterman, ewwwwwww.

Also lends a whole new and quite disgusting dimension to Letterman’s mom’s visits on his “show”. Ewwwwww.

Lourdes on October 6, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Okay, so now AP is interested in laying off the sympathy for Letterman, despite the “heartbreak” he described in his last post.

You basically said “Awwww” in 500 words in your last post, AP.

amkun on October 6, 2009 at 1:18 AM

You know, there are enough idiots around that they audience would probably applaud if he said he raped one of the women, they would feel sorry for poor old Dave… she had probably entrapped him… right?
Peverted sex jerk who takes his female staff up to his apartment above the studio and has sex….
for liberals that is great news. Why? He is a celebrity… they get to do these things.
But, for anyone else, it is sexual harassment and grounds for firing.

Is it any wonder that the US is going into the crapper?

PhilipJames on October 6, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Apparently, the screenplay was in regard to the harassment. The producer was going to go public with the story via a screenplay, but offered Letterman a deal not to do it. Something like that. If that evidence is introduced — and it very well could be if it goes to trial — then it could mean the stakes are even higher for Letterman………..which adds credence to your claim that it will never go to trial.

gocatholic on October 6, 2009 at 1:36 AM

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Sorry, my power went off, and I

lovingmyUSA on October 6, 2009 at 2:09 AM

cynccook on October 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM

My power went off, and I was sitting here in candlelight–*sigh…Then I come here and click on your picture–ugh. Thank God, I have a full glass of whiskey and coke!

lovingmyUSA on October 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM

My power went off, and I was sitting here in candlelight

lovingmyUSA on October 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM

That was just a test, by the Administration, of your reaction to being off the grid for predetermined lengths of time after Cap-n’-Trade is passed.

Also, FYI, there WILL BE a new candle tax passed to pay for the next 7 years of the Obama’s date nights.

Yoop on October 6, 2009 at 2:30 AM

May all those morally vaccous folks cheering this degenerate, get to experience the sheer extacy of learning that their spouse has also been cheating -Yeeeeeahhh! Let’s hear it for cheating – give me a “C”

Don L on October 6, 2009 at 2:51 AM

This is a man who has some serious issues with women. I’d go so far to say that he has a deep-seated hatred of them. How else would you explain the string of casual encounters (which tend to be shallow and more about conquest rather than affection), spousal infidelity, and the horrid comments about women that somehow threaten him (Sarah Palin, anyone)?

This is one screwed up individual.

TheMightyMonarch on October 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Wow, I didn’t know women were so forgiving. I guess I can pull that on my wife. I;ll have an affair, then just apologize. That’ll work.

Jeff from WI on October 6, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Dave Letterman is an even bigger jerk when he’s not on camera. Who knew?

alliebobbitt on October 6, 2009 at 5:37 AM

Nasty old man.

Terrye on October 6, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Just more proof that sleazy adulterous behavior is a badge of honor to the leftists. Anything goes for them. No Morals. No Decency. No Class.

Sporty1946 on October 6, 2009 at 7:25 AM

This is a man who has some serious issues with women…
TheMightyMonarch on October 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Typical liberal male syndrome – the more left they lean, the more dysfunctional they are towards normal women.

CarolynM on October 6, 2009 at 7:35 AM

What a creep! We’re living in a parallel universe when perverts like Letterman are celebrated and given celebrity status the creepier they are.

mozalf on October 6, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Jeff from WI on October 6, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Jeff, I don’t think it would be a good idea…it’s getting pretty cold in Wisconsin about now. ( :

yoda on October 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Jeff from WI on October 6, 2009 at 5:32 AM

yoda on October 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM

LOL…I’m old and have no TV show…if my wife of 36 years wasn’t half blind and half deaf, I wouldn’t have anyone.
No need to fear about me straying..lol

Jeff from WI on October 6, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Letterman = Roman Polansky

Reprehensible behavior excused by the morally bankrupt left(the latter being CRIMINAL in nature)…

Khun Joe on October 6, 2009 at 7:57 AM

No need to fear about me straying..lol
Jeff from WI on October 6, 2009 at 7:55 AM

You’re a good man!

yoda on October 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM

his wife should leave him and sue him for child support and take half of what he has. All this crap all over the news would be embarrassing to her. Dave is a pig!

becki51758 on October 6, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Well, we’ll see. It’s my observation that since he continued to maintain his love nest while dating, fathering a child with and marrying his wife that the mental workings of this man are pretty awful. If nothing told him it was wrong then, it’s my bet that he’ll repeat this behavior when the heat is off. Words are cheap, it’s actions that count and this guy has very real problems on that front.

jeanie on October 6, 2009 at 8:52 AM

CarolynM on October 6, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Are leftist women like they are because of the leftist men, or vice versa?

Intelligent, right-leaning, normal women are very sexy. Leftist, not so much. ;-)

Yoop on October 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I won’t watch the clip because I’ve seen slime before and I don’t need to see it again. I will bet, without watching, that the monologue was written by a team of PR people and NBC lawyers…or Robert Gibbs.

SKYFOX on October 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM

He’s got his work cut out for himself alright, keep his job, keep his girlfriends and oh, yeah, keep his family. Hope the wife gets tested for std’s. Dave is nothing short of a serial rapists.

Kissmygrits on October 6, 2009 at 9:42 AM

David Letterman does not care about female people.

Elizabetty on October 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM

becki51758 on October 6, 2009 at 8:39 AM

She dated him for a long time and probably had a good idea of who she was marrying. She can divorce him now, but it’s likely that a lot of lawyers were involved in the pre-nup. She’d still be very wealthy but not get half.

dedalus on October 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM

There is far more to this story. Dave’s relationships with staffers has long been known. No one would think they could blackmail on just that.
The pinch has to be on something far more juicy than having romps with the willing.
I suspect that the guy was just planning a exposee and Letterman got wind of it. Set up a meeting with his lawyers so they could tape the guy saying enough things about money so they could accuse him of extortion.
They paid him with a check, which is rather odd. Extortion is paid in large cash ammounts or overtime in small ammounts. Never by check, which would definitely flag the IRS and Homeland Security.

LeeSeneca on October 6, 2009 at 9:50 AM

SKYFOX on October 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM

CBS, not NBC. It’s hard to tell the weaselly networks apart at this point, I know.

Snowed In on October 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I think that he approached Letterman, which is why he’s now in deep trouble; but I suspect it was going to be a case of “I’ve written a screenplay, based on fact, that you may wish to buy the rights, too.” I agree with you that taking renumeration by check doesn’t spell out extortion at all. It spells out “Let’s make a deal.”

He has a defense here.

And I definitely agree with you that there is more to this story.

AnninCA on October 6, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Too bad someone in the audience didn’t yell out “Free Roman Polanski”, and a bunch of young woman didn’t throw their panties on stage ala a Tom Jones concert. Having another young woman yell out “I need a job” would have been good TV also.

OxyCon on October 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM

You’re right. *haha I’m not savvy enough here, obviously!

I personally wouldn’t skewer all liberals on this, but I do agree with you that there are numerous contradictions in thinking right now within the new “progressive” group.

I had great sport with this topic, because the so-called liberals were absolutely obsessed with the fact that Letterman wasn’t married, so it “didn’t really matter.”

At first, I thought it was a few individuals pushing that silly meme. Nope. It was THE major apologist argument of the day. Heck, I heard it on CNN AND Fox.

Now, Fox….I get. But on a progressive blog? What’s up with all that traditionalism? Regina and Dave lived together, were in a long-term marriage, he always presented the relationship as stable….just not formal.

And “liberal” poster after poster informed me that marriage makes a huge difference, and obviously I was mistaken. Dave was single and just dating.

Now, I’m a liberal from way back on many, many issues. It floored me to read this. It completely dismisses Regina as even relevant. THAT’S not feminism. I definitely consider myself pro-women, to a fault. I really will give women more support, more elbow room for mistakes, etc. I’ll defend till I bore someone to death. And these new “progressives?” They haven’t a clue about feminism.

I definitely know what you mean, btw, about the neurotics. They are also contradictory in attitude.

AnninCA on October 6, 2009 at 10:21 AM

were in a long-term relationship, I meant.

AnninCA on October 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I thought there were anti sexual harrasment laws
for this kind of behaviour.

Even where i work i saw a video on the horrible men
and the evilness of their sexual desires.

So why wasnt some layer suing letterman?

Oh yea i forgot its all about the liberals
and their hypocrisy..

And by the way if any man tried to pull this stunt
(oh dear she was just a co-worker)
I will apologize on video

Im sure the wife would be so understanding..
As she beat the hell out of you..

veteranoutrage on October 6, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Somewhere, Cher is laughing her ass off right now.

Percy_Peabody on October 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I think Palin should go on his show now – if he steps out of line she could slam him over the head. He would be so afraid to get into it with her in person, I bet it would be a good interview for her.

Stephanie on October 6, 2009 at 12:30 PM

and Willow could drop a water balloon on him!

Stephanie on October 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Don’t you think the Palins’ were hurt by your comments. You are a dirt bag and I hope you rot in Hell.

rjoco1 on October 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM

It’s not just these affairs. It’s that he used his power and celebrity to get these women, who wouldn’t have given him the time of day if he wasn’t David Letterman. So I’d say yes, there’s a very good chance the blackmailer can make the case that Letterman sexually harassed these women, and the ball game isn’t over yet.

eyedoc on October 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM