Video: SNL goofs on Obama for accomplishing nothing

posted at 12:55 pm on October 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

Omitted from the “not done” checklist here: Stopping Iran, resisting the urge to nationalize giant car companies, and keeping deficit projections for the next decade under a trillion dollars annually. But those are all concerns of the right and, needless to say, that’s not where this skit is coming from, a point worth bearing in mind amid the grim enjoyment you’ll feel at seeing The One spoofed on national TV. Mainstream comedy has actually reached the point where their big goof on Barack Obama is that he’s not liberal enough.

Memo to Lorne Michaels: This impersonation, if it can even be called that, has now reached the depths of Chevy Chase’s “imitation” of Gerald Ford. You can’t bring in a freelancer for the Obama skits? Darrell Hammond in his Jesse Jackson get-up would be more convincing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Perhaps the bad impression was part of the skit. He is not the guy they voted for last fall. The stiff guy last year was an impostor, the real guy is an amateur just goofing around. Like when he says at the end, “naaaa not really!” The painful reality is they voted for a goofball who will do nothing.

ray on October 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM

A song lyric from some time ago comes to mind for SNL, LetterPerverman, et al: “The Old Gray Mare Ain’t What She Used To Be”

Branch Rickey on October 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM

The front of Drudge tells the story, sadly:

“Date night for Obamas…celebrating anniversary”, all decked out, ritzy-glitzy

“10 Soldiers dead in Afghanistan”.

The Obamas celebrate, while Afghanistan burns, and he can’t make a decision…but has time to go to Copenhagen…and celebrate some more…

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

SNL and Mad TV are both unworthy of tuning into anymore. In fact, just about any show in the tube that displays any liberal slant gets shut off. (Not just by me either, and that is making the liberals itch really bad.)

Spiritk9

My husband an I were assembling a cabinet yesterday and he had the radio on. Every single commercial for a new t.v. show had people being ugly, nasty and\or vicious to each other…that ugliness is what our children are being fed a constant diet of. Then we wonder why half the country is on anti-depressants, why kids are killing and beating each other up, and how an empty suit with a fake message of “hope and change” won the election… turn off the t.v. if you’re a parent or at least guard what your kids are watching…these are the people who are going to be in charge when we are old…God help us…

CCRWM on October 4, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Personally, I thought the skit was excellent and about time. I’m sure Obama was Pi$$ed, and that’s all that matters.

Now if we can only get some jokes about the amount of fabric yardage it takes to populate a michelle Obama wide-load skirt, that would be real comedy.

Punditpawn on October 4, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I miss when SNL was actually funny.
obama sux…thanks for the notice, NBC.

HornetSting on October 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Ive never seen Fred Armisen do such a lame skit. I’m a fan of his. Especially his N.Y. Governor Paterson impersonation.

MCGIRV on October 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

He doesn’t want to make a decision on Afghanistan pending the outcome of the health care thing. He can’t afford to alienate his moonbat base.

ddrintn on October 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM

“Date night for Obamas…celebrating anniversary”, all decked out, ritzy-glitzy

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

They don’t look too happy in those photos. Hands in pockets, straight faces, keeping some space between themselves… Yeah, it was a chilly anniversary. Hopefully they got back to their room in time to catch the SNL skit. Hahahahaha, that would have been hysterical.

ray on October 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM

ray on October 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I agree with you. Fred Armisan always does a bad impression of O! but this bad impression was just done to contrast how he is being so unimpressive as of late. Like Urkel without the brains.

nyx on October 4, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Punditpawn on October 4, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I heard Michelle is already starting to shop for some custom holiday gowns. The production mills need a couple months lead time so they can produce all the fabric required.

ray on October 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM

He can’t afford to alienate his moonbat base.

ddrintn on October 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Whis tells us that he is not the CiC. These are lives that are at stake. He simply doesn’t care. These two have no shame and no soul. His moonbats don’t have any either.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:39 PM

That was a terrible impersonation.

txag92 on October 4, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Whis tells us that he is not the CiC =

Which tells us….

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Good for them! Lorne Michaels finally figured out the rest of the country is already laughing at Obozo. time to cash in on it.

swede7 on October 4, 2009 at 2:40 PM

MSNBC’s house will be cleaned too.

marklmail on October 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Speaking of MSNBC… I just found out that one of my kid’s teachers has MSNBC on throughout her entire class. Additionally, although my kid is on the High Honor Roll, she apparently has him graded as a low C. I knew when I met her that she was a lefty based on all the Time and Newsweek mag’s in her classroom. The students are tasked with reading that trash and then get F’s when they do not agree with the subject matter.

Guess who’s going to get a visit from me on Monday? Not her… I’m going straight to the Principal and will have my kid re-assigned since this class is considered an ‘elective’.

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Yea, I saw that too, and thought of the same thing…

I wonder how many soldiers died because Obama’s ‘Rules of Engagement’ did not allow them to fight back or call in air support…?

Seven Percent Solution on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Michele Cusack of Novato, Calif., said that when someone asked if she had heard the latest about Acorn, “I had to answer ‘no’ because I get all my news from The New York Times.”

Shivas Irons on October 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Proving once again it’s impossible to parody liberals in 21st century America because liberals (with the misnomer “progressive” label all the rage) are nothing but a series of pathetic caricatures of hypocrisy and empty rhetoric.

Just like Teh Won.

Branch Rickey on October 4, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Thinking of you and praying for you and your child. What a crappy position in which to put a thinking young person!

Branch Rickey on October 4, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

That’s quite horrible. Which district do you live in that allows such crap? I think most teachers at least *attempt* to be neutral, especially in High School.

nyx on October 4, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

“Date night for Obamas…celebrating anniversary”, all decked out, ritzy-glitzy

“10 Soldiers dead in Afghanistan”.

I agree!!!! I just sat back when I opened Drudge this morning – it was so telling.

sherryande on October 4, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I think the lameness of the impersonation was intentional. Can’t do a realistic impression of the failure while pointing out the failures…yet. That would appear more brutal than they want..for now.

Guardian on October 4, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Not clicking. SNL stopped being funny and worth watching so long ago I can’t believe it’s still on the air. I guess there’s not much competition Saturdays at midnight. Now that it’s become a late-night shill machine for the dems, who cares if they suddenly realize they’ve been missing great material to lamely try to make “fun” of the Won?!!!

4shoes on October 4, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Somewhere in Kenya a small village is getting a large donation of Chicago 2016 t-shirts.

Caper29 on October 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM

DeathB4Tyranny on October 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I agree 100%, I was going to say this but you beat me to it. If you listen very closely this is actually a defense of Obama. What the leftists at SNL are saying is “Obama is not a radical, he is just incompetent, and we are just joking about the incompetent part”.

Dollayo on October 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I’ve been watching NBC exclusively for the last two years… I don’t understand this skit… I thought Obama saved America, the stimulus worked beyond our wildest dreams, 80% of Americans support his plan for a public option, there is peace in our time and Chicago really didn’t want the Olympics anyway.

mankai on October 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM

And if the filthy lying coward attempted to be any more liberal than state seizure of the auto industry, banking industy and healthcare industry the public would turn on the rat bastard traitor’s polling numbers would be in the teens. You think he’s holding back on legimizing sodomy or granting citizenship to illegal aliens out of some sense of morality? NO! He knows that those are not viable ideas with the public. He veers to the left, there won’t be a Democrat left in the House come January 2011.

highhopes on October 4, 2009 at 3:03 PM

This just in: The Obama White House has removed all press room privileges to Saturday Night Live.

Nethicus on October 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Good going, and best of luck.

rrpjr on October 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Is it me or does Michelle look like she’s trying to hide a gut. That is the only reason I can think of to explain why she wears her belts under her breasts instead of around her waist.

mizflame98 on October 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Might I also suggest filing a formal complaint with the “schoo” district. Re-assignment of your kid is obviously your first priority but there is a liberal b**ch out there poisoning the minds of an entire class. Be sure to use terms like “hostile learning environment” and “intolerant behavior.”

I’m being serious here. The system will not change until the teachers are forced to stop using their position as a platform for propaganda and indoctrination.

highhopes on October 4, 2009 at 3:08 PM

mizflame98 on October 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Close but no cigar. It’s not her gut but her ample rear end. Were she to wear belts around the waist the back of her dresses looking like the return of the bustle.

highhopes on October 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM

mizflame98 on October 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Why would she hide it? She’d flaunt it.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 3:11 PM

In line with th elast few posts…
Yes dear…

RalphyBoy on October 4, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I was struck by the hesitant, nervous laughter from the audience during this skit. People are still not sure if it’s OK to laugh openly at the Obama.

Once enough people decide it’s OK to laugh publicly at the buffoonery of this Administration, it’s over for the Obama team. This group is WAY too arrogant and incompetent (a common pairing of characteristics on the Left) to withstand open ridicule.

cruadin on October 4, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Caper29 on October 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Somewhere in Kenya a village is missing their idiot.

ornery_independent on October 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Is this the guy that was doing Obama during the primaries? He used to at least attempt to match the cadence. This was terrible.

dmarie on October 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM

SNL got lucky when they had Tina Fey do the Palin impressions because a)like them or not, she did a good impression. So SNL writers, being the creative and original folks they are, went back to the well and came up with this. Pure genius. Snort. Not even close. SNL is kind of like the Simpsons, Letterman, Leno…enough already. I haven’t watched any of them in years. Letterman was fresh way back when but now he’s just a tired old prune.

scalleywag on October 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM

HATE FILLED RACISTS AT SNL. NO DOUBT.

This type of comedy is just simply uncalled for. This man is trying to do he’s promised (to Soros). He’s all about change and the payback to those whiny Beckers out there will be when he finally gets that Publik Option in the Senate bill. Hope and Change takes a long time to get into the bloodstream of the bureaucracy but it will happen. When SNL stoops this low to attack a great leader you know it’s really SUNK TO NEW DEPTHS.

Signed………the Joker. :-)

PappyD61 on October 4, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Somewhere in Kenya a village is missing their idiot.

ornery_independent on October 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Sometimes the low fruit is still lol… FUNNY!

RalphyBoy on October 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM

The guy looks like Jim Carrey with a bad tan.
_________

RJGatorEsq. on October 4, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I don’t watch SNL anymore, but I did watch it when Fred Armisen first started doing the impersonation. I am really struck by how vastly different he portrays the character, Barak Obama. It’s simply Fred with a suit and a funny short fro. Even the body language that he had to a tee is absent. SNL is so compassionate when it comes to the feelings of progressives. Any one else simply must “eat it”.

Wimps.

pjean on October 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM

scalleywag on October 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Well, that and it took real jokes to make a laughingstock out of a real woman. Not so much when the subject of the joke is so much dumber and more dangerous in real life than any impression could do justice to; the jokes come off as tinny and bland because Obama is so perilously weak as POTUS… It’s just not funny.

RalphyBoy on October 4, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I wish Obama was doing nothing. He is doing alot. All of it bad.

RobCon on October 4, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Actually, it was funny. A convincing imitation of Obama isn’t all that important to me. What was interesting/funny to me was how it was essentially any one of the Obama speeches diluted through the lense of truth. The out of Iraq was hilarious. He hasn’t been checking very often, at least not with the commanders there.

He hasn’t fulfilled any promises from the campaign, he hasn’t accomplished anything except negative actions towards our economies.

Does the staff and probably the actors of SNL want more liberalism? Yes, which is why he said the left should be mad.

President Obama can’t even get his supporters in line, much less silence his opponents, and his administration is on track to replace President Carter as our worst President ever. That’s the point of the skit, and it is accurate, and funny.

Snake307 on October 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM

This was truly pathetic.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Fred Armisen as Obama? meh… Fred Armisen as David Patterson? Brilliant!

joshleguern on October 4, 2009 at 3:41 PM

ddrintn on October 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Me-thinks you got it 1/2 right….
He won’t make a decision on Afghanistan until after HealthScare because he can’t afford to lose the Blue Dogs by selling out the United States to his Muslim Terrorist pals and leavin young Americans to die at their hand without either boots on the ground, as his General asked for, and or due to insane ROE, no support from the air!

dhunter on October 4, 2009 at 3:41 PM

At least Lady Gaga was FABU and LOUS!

SouthernGent on October 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM

SNL? I don’t give Jack Squat about it anymore.

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Yes dear…

RalphyBoy on October 4, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Her legs are as shiny as his shoes.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 3:46 PM

The only thing Dykes doesn’t wonder is if Dave will lose his job. When the boss sleeps with a subordinate it makes the other subordinates feel that they can’t compete with some who is in bed with the boss. This , I’m not certain, I’m not a lawyer, but this seems like some form of sexual discrimination in the workplace. It certainly opens the door for lawsuits, I would think that most people caught doing this would be fired.

Dollayo on October 4, 2009 at 3:52 PM

He’s never been great at this impersonation, but it seems he deliberately failed this time. He literally didn’t even attempt to do the voice, he just spoke in his own speaking voice. Didn’t lower his tone, etc. which he usually does, at least.

Any theories on why SNL did this? He’s been doing Obama for quite a while, this can’t be just considered a mistake. This was deliberate, and the only reason I can think that they’d do it is to at least throw their hero a bone while they take a few necessary digs at him. They’ve held off on mocking him for so long, perhaps they want to ease him in to it. Nailing the impersonation would have stung a bit to much for The One’s ego.

And Allah’s point is well taken. This is all fine and good, but it totally misses more substantive stuff, which shows this was less about going after Obama, and more about a little teasing among friends.

RightWinged on October 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Seriously people, take a look at my point on the lack of effort to do the voice in the impersonation this time.

You only need to go back to last week’s bit where they took a dig at Beck to see that he usually at least tries to do the voice. This is just Armison’s normal speaking voice, in this new segment.

RightWinged on October 4, 2009 at 4:00 PM

By the way, do a search for ‘obama impression’ at twitter, and you’ll see that it’s not just me. Skeptics like me are legion.

RightWinged on October 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM

mizflame98 on October 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM

OK miz, normally I don’t get involved in such discussions of womens anatomy but upon examination and reflection it appears there is no distinction between MamaObama’s
belly and pelvis in front only, as previous poster highhopes postured an amble butt in the rear that a belt around the waist would sit stop and amplify the rather large posterior.

I hope the change in the front is not from MamaObama gettin preggers after all the globe trottin and vacationing the grifters have been doin at taxpayer expense.
The Presstitutes will go absolutely ga, ga and possibly get all wee weed up over the prospect of smaller version of Pinnochio on the way and to be born in the Messiahs Whitehouse.
Hey Allah I request a name, namin thread for the newly created 1/4 black version of the Liar in Chief.
Little Barry Hussein?
Hussein Hussein?
Pinnochio Jr.?
Help?

dhunter on October 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I’m not really upset about date night. It is their tradition and has been for some time, but Copenhagen I’m pissed about.

xax on October 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Her legs are as shiny as his shoes.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2009 at 3:46 PM

MO got a Brazilian Waxing while in Denmark.

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Barack “I’m Buzzed” Obama after anniversary dinner.

Heh… He’s only human, after all!

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM

MO got a Brazilian Waxing while in Denmark.

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM

::::Shudder::::

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Good SNL skit on Obama, but they should have included “transparency” and “fiscal responsibility” in the list.

AltTuning on October 4, 2009 at 4:08 PM

When libs mock or otherwise make their shining star the brunt of jokes, you know that their anointed one is failing them. Every time one such expected messiah riles the Left, conservative America wins albeit however small.

Liam on October 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Omitted from the “not done” checklist here: Stopping Iran

Bush himself couldn’t deliver on that, you expect Obama to even try?

ernesto on October 4, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Key West, I think there is some sort of website that monitors liberal bias in the classroom and “outs” it. I would also send an email in to Hannity at FNC. Who knows, you may end up on TV as they do a segment on this. We have to start to be pro-active on this stuff, maybe more teachers will be less blatant and get back to the basics.

My nephew was required to write an essay in his freshman english class in college about how white men have screwed up this country. It was very distressing to him. I coached him to really be rabid about that, just to get the A and be done with it. So he wrote a magnificent essay on how white men have screwed up this country (he has blond hair and blue eyes), and is now even more anti-liberal than he ever was before this class.

karenhasfreedom on October 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM

NY Times Frank Rich points out one more non-accomphishment …

Barack Obama promised a change from this revolving-door, behind-closed-doors collaboration between special interests and government. He vowed to “do our business in the light of day” — with health care negotiations broadcast on C-Span — and to “restore the vital trust between people and their government.” He said, “I intend to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over.” That those lobbyists would so extravagantly flaunt their undiminished role shows just how little they believe that a new sheriff has arrived in Dodge.

J_Crater on October 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM

karenhasfreedom on October 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM

There have been a lot of great suggestions on how I should handle this. I want to do it the right way… My thought is just to approach this in a calm but stern manner. I want to know if the Principal is aware that this is going on in one of the classrooms. I think that constant streaming of MSNBC would be distracting to students that are there to learn, not listen to the likes of Keith Olbermann and that awful Jeaneane Garafalo.

I will pull him from the class either way, but I want something in writing documenting why I am asking that he be moved…

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Seven Percent Solution on October 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Don’t forget, they are also McChrystals’ ROE and McChrystal wants 40,000 more troops under those ROE.

MB4 on October 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM

RightWinged on October 4, 2009 at 4:00 PM

His heart definitely wasn’t into it. It’s hard for some to have to criticize “The One”

This skit was a subtle message to Obama from the libs. Pass universal healthcare or there will be more ridicule to come. We made you and we can break you.

redridinghood on October 4, 2009 at 4:46 PM

MO’s in her mid-forties. Chances of her getting pregnant at that age are not very high. More likely she’s just experiencing the effects of all that rich food the cooks in the WH kitchen (and at all the 5-star restaurants) prepare for her highness.

AZCoyote on October 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM

MO got a Brazilian Waxing while in Denmark.

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM

They had to send someone down to Germany to get more supplies so they could finish the job.

ray on October 4, 2009 at 4:55 PM

But we’re not a socialist nation…

Trent1289 on October 4, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Yet. Give the left enough time and they’ll push us there if we don’t stop them.

Mangy Scot on October 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM

We don’t win by destroying the Taliban. We don’t win by body count. We don’t win by the number of successful military raids or attacks, we win when the [Afghan] people decide we win.
- McChrystal (in London last week)

Pre-occupied with protection of our own forces, we have operated in a manner that distances us — physically and psychologically — from the people we seek to protect.
– General McChrystal (from his COMISAF assessment of the war in Afghanistan)

Various pundits on the Right—Byron York, Ralph Peters, and Diana West—are having conniptions over the Rules of Engagement that Gen. McChrystal has promulgated in Afghanistan, which stress the need for restraint in calling in fire support.
- Max Boot

MB4 on October 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM

AZCoyote on October 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM

On the other hand, if she is with child, I’m sure she’ll want to get a little “counseling” from Planned Parenthood, whom I’m sure would be glad to accomodate her needs.

And ACORN, I’m sure, could provide tax advice on claiming an additional dependent… should she not take Planned Parenthood’s “advice”.

The way I see it, it’s a win-win for community organizers and planners either way.

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 5:11 PM

First of all: Worst. Imitation. Ever.

As for the rest, it’s halfway there. Obama didn’t just accomplish nothing.

Obama somehow managed to spend four trillion dollars, while somehow managing to do absolutely nothing that anyone on either side wanted him to do.

Even if he had tried to do something that he could theoretically claim he had a mandate to do, and failed miserably at it, at least some ultra-leftists could give him props for that.

But what did he “accomplish” instead? He nationalized General Motors and the American Finance industry. Did any significant voting block ask for that a year ago? Nope.

And is ANYBODY, on either side, going to be happy with the results three years from now? No damned way.

I’m starting to think this guy will get ousted in the 2012 primaries. And, knowing the Democrats, it’ll be by somebody who’s even more of an ultra left-wing nutjob than Obama is. Who is the Democrats’ version of Ron Paul? Maybe Howard Dean will make a comeback.

logis on October 4, 2009 at 5:13 PM

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Nah, she’s not pregnant. Her belly is inflated. Like her ego, that’s all.

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Nah, she’s not pregnant. Her belly is inflated. Like her ego, that’s all.

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 5:20 PM

And let’s not forget that HUGE chip on her shoulder, which might eclipse both belly and ego.

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM

That’s not a chip. It’s a boulder!!!

She’s got a boulder on her shoulder… haha

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 5:31 PM

SNL really needs to consult with some conservative comedians if they want to be funny under this administration.

Where was the sketch on little kids singing Obama’s praises. They could have come up with so many hilarious ideas using that as the jumping off point.

RightWinged on October 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM

MM linked to this on her site

CWforFreedom on October 4, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Fred Armisen as Obama

You know I hate to say it but he’s to warm not cold like our President. I think that what went wrong. I also think Fred doesn’t have the “I won” arrogance in this skit.
Its too nice.

Gracelynn on October 4, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Interesting implication at the end that taking “drastic action” against tea party protesters would be a good thing.

This is nothing more than state controlled, state mandated “official criticism” from the official network, GE/NBC.

Django on October 4, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Wow SNL is a bit closer to reality with that one!

Irenaeus on October 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Key West Reader
Better yet, when you get finished with the Principle, call the Districts’s Student Ombudsman. Let the Principle know you plan on doing it too.

elclynn on October 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM

This guy looks like Dan Rather.

A much better impersonator and look-alike can be found here.

DGB

Damian Bennett on October 4, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Key West, I agree, pulling your kid from this class is the #1 step, but then raising holy hell right after that might really help the other kids stuck with this teacher. What subject does this teacher teach?

karenhasfreedom on October 4, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Is it the younger Hot Airians or just the more socially liberal who look to idiotic trash like SNL for social commentary?

Not only are they myopic in their pure leftism, I don’t recall seeing anything remotely funny there in decades. Thanks to the heads up from AP, I am assured that I won’t find it here.

Television comedy seems like a lame DNC outreach program for 18 – 30 year olds who don’t know how to read.

Jaibones on October 4, 2009 at 6:08 PM

This one is going to sting, “Obama distractions sideline Afghan plan.”

If this takes hold and he loses Afghanistan after appearing so distracted by things like his anniversary date night we will be in real trouble world wide and he will be in trouble politically.

Obama fiddles while Afghans burn!
David

LifeTrek on October 4, 2009 at 6:08 PM

AZCoyote on October 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Good Points
Ah that home cookin always tastes better when the hired help does it!

Ya sure the shebama’s not preggers looks like a bulge to me!

dhunter on October 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Hint to Barry Impersonators:

Obama’s oral delivery style is~

David Brinkley with some faux bro ladled on top.

Pseudo-stentorian hesitancy with a hint of drawl, and no substance.

profitsbeard on October 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM

That’s not a chip. It’s a boulder!!!
She’s got a boulder on her shoulder… haha

Key West Reader on October 4, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Good one! And while we’re rhyming…

She’s got a boulder
On her shoulder

No Alpha man
To hold her

Her rap’s a gettin’ older
As her world’s a growin’ colder
___________

Don’t worry. Ain’t quittin’ my day job. -_*

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 6:10 PM

turn off the t.v. if you’re a parent

When my daughter turned 8, we shut television off completely. Friends were aghast. How, they asked, could you POSSIBLY shut off News? How do live without sports? Very simply. During that time we had no television.
No antenna.
No cable.
No satellite.
We would rent movies or check out films from our local library. We became very good friends with the folks who worked at our library. We talked. We read books together as a family project. And when my daughter would visit at her friends houses, she would come stunned at the crap that passed for entertainment. She learned more, because she read more, and we were more involved in her learning. (10 years later, she is still remembered at her high school for challenging the mandatory “put the condom on the banana” sex education class) She reached a point in high school where she had no reservations at all about challenging teachers. When teachers spouted BS, the girl would (politely) engage. Some teachers resented that and became quite nasty, but most teachers were surprisingly pleased that a young person could think and reason.

Please, if you have school age youngsters, reconsider that box. The former FCC commissioner was correct in his assessment; tv is the vast American wasteland.

oldleprechaun on October 4, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Steatopygia.
Google.

justltl on October 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM

10 US soldiers dead today in Afghanistan while the President dithers.

There are 10 families, sets of parents, aunts, uncles, children, grandparents in 10 cities and at a few military posts here in the US or Germany who have had a fall weekend turned upside down.

My heart goes out to those people and I sure hope the hell the President had a great time. Maybe he could get back to work tomorrow by 0900?

ted c on October 4, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Hint to Barry Impersonators:

Obama’s oral delivery style is~
David Brinkley with some faux bro ladled on top.
Pseudo-stentorian hesitancy with a hint of drawl, and no substance.

profitsbeard on October 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I have been trying for two years to figure it out and, brother, you have frickin’ nailed it.

Brinkley with faux bro.

Excellent!

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

The skit was accurate but, sadly, not funny.

Karol on October 4, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Brinkley with faux bro.

Excellent!

TXUS on October 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

You’re…. very…. wel….come, bro.

:^)

profitsbeard on October 4, 2009 at 6:22 PM

- Max Boot

MB4 on October 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Yea this pisses me off big time.
I don’t know this McChrystal or how to fight an insurgency but read an article that said when he went to a tribal council on bended knee to apoloigize for blowing up some hijackers and a few innocent locals in the process the tribal leader told him it is not less of that that is needed but that a few more actions like that would force the locals to out the terrorists in their midst
while eliminating the problem actors too.

I thought in war the object was to kill the bad guys till they gave up.
the police guy killing two of ours and wounding two shows a weak link in McChrystals theory. All the bad guys have to do is pretend friendly then kill our guys!

If we’re not gonna kill em then I’m of the opinion to get out, not add more sittin ducks especially since it seems Pinnochio is going to be OK with Iran getting nukes putting our soldiers in the whole region at jeopardy.

dhunter on October 4, 2009 at 6:24 PM