Comedy gold: CNN anchor in utter disbelief as Chicago is eliminated

posted at 12:00 pm on October 2, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’ll keep updating the other thread but this one’s too much fun to bury there. An instant classic, courtesy of Greg Hengler.

Update: While you watch, a question from John Miller to meditate on. I fear we all know the answer, my friends.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

If I ran up an expense report like that on a sales trip and didn’t come home with a signed contract I’d be fired….hey Barry, can I see you in my office, please.

Alden Pyle on October 2, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM

now, that’s funny.

Alden Pyle on October 2, 2009 at 2:52 PM

****BREAKING**** Members of ACORN really pissed. Photo here.

/Giddy

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

His Messiah can’t cure leprosy?

His Messiah can’t cure the blind?

His Messiah can’t make water into wine?

His Messiah can’t raise from the dead another?

His Messiah can’t take on all the sins of the world?

His Messiah can’t even get the 2016 Olympics to his home city.

Now that is Change we can all believe in.

There IS a God.

(f**k Chicago too while we are at it)

Sapwolf on October 2, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I’m puzzled by something: why didn’t Barry sue to have Rio, Tokyo, and Madrid removed from the ballot?

Vashta.Nerada on October 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Post of the Day at least so far.

NICE!

Sapwolf on October 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM

****BREAKING**** Members of ACORN really pissed. Photo here.

/Giddy

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Bummed now?

Wait until they see 2010!

RedNewEnglander on October 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Thanks for the link. That guy in #20 is probably shopping for a hat now. I wonder if the streets of Chicago are now littered with HopenChange bumper stickers. Mmm mmm mmm.

redwhiteblue on October 2, 2009 at 3:09 PM

This while sad shows you the complete
and utter arrogance of the Communist leftists
running the main stream news media..

They like the obamas really thought that
Just because the obama has been crowned THE FIRST BLACK KING
Just because his wife showed up and is BLACK
Just because the presenter was BLACK
Just because the presentation showed BLACK musicians

That they didnt have to put any real effort into the presentation..

And they got exactly what they deserved (ZILCH)..

IDIOTS..

I watched the presentation and it sucked so bad
that i even told my son at 12:00 P.M last nigth that
They would loose the olympics..

The presentation was so bad the only thing good in it
was the jazz guitarist playing lead (i like jazz guitar)..

I feel for the people of chicago if they wanted this
and i am not making fun of you no..

I am stating that it was so poorly done
that i knew they were going to loose..

because they thought if we jsut get the messiah in here
they will give us everything that we want..

WRONG..

veteranoutrage on October 2, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Did you catch the “ouch” immediately after the announcement?

Ouch, indeed. Oprah’s going to have to spend some time on the couch with Dr. Phil.

walkingboss on October 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Any other time I’d be be pi$$ed by a diss from a Frog, but today I’d plant a big one on the face of Jacques Rogge and his cronies for having the sack to wipe that smarmy, smug, smirk off the mug of “the one.” BTW, since we’re on the subject of Chi-town, does anyone know whether Barry and Co. ever aid their million $ plus bill for their election shindig in Grant Park? Or did Daley and his pals sweep the debt under the rug? Inquiring minds want to know.

Goldy1 on October 2, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Last I heard, Obama had stiffed Daley on the bill.

teke184 on October 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Mary in LA on October 2, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Nice, thoughtful post there, Mary.

riverrat10k on October 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I think we’re all just a little bit diminished, when our President looks like a damned fool.

applebutter on October 2, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Of course you’re going to go with World Party Central when given the choice. Take your pick: Get mugged, or get laid. Sheesh.

On the history-making front, I eagerly await the first Winter Olympics on Antarctican soil. This continent has been overlooked for far too long (I suspect racism is to blame).

Blacklake on October 2, 2009 at 3:33 PM

applebutter on October 2, 2009 at 3:25 PM

He’s not my president.

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM

(f**k Chicago too while we are at it)

Just for the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Chicago as far as being a city goes.

As to the douchebags like Lord Mayor Shortshanks Daley and the corrupted-beyond-imagination City Council that happens to run the city (into the ground), that is another story.

pilamaye on October 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM

What is it that’s just so satisfying to hear about another liberal’s hopes and dreams being shattered?

CliffHanger on October 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM

CliffHanger on October 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM

All of it. It’s good for the U.S.

Schadenfreude on October 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Lots of blacks in Brazil, so I hope they do call it racist. Maybe Lula will become a conservative.

rlwo2008 on October 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM

It’s fun watching media types unravel right along with The Narrative.

Jim Treacher on October 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Maybe someone already posted on this, but notice that CNN had a countdown clock that showed the announcement would come in just over an hour; i.e. the announcement that Chicago would get the games. It simply was inconceivable to CNN that Chicago would get tossed out in the first round. This level of narcissism is mind-boggling. “CNN: We’re not just a news organization; we’re clairvoyant!”

Erich66 on October 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Letterman’s top ten list why Chicago lost its bid for the 2016 Olympic games:

10) The members of the IOC are unAmerican.
9) The members of the IOC acted stupidly.
8) The members of the IOC are an angry mob.
7) The members of the IOC are bitter clingers.
6) The IOC wants to destroy Obama’s Presidency.
5) Fox News still won’t get off the President’s back.
4) Oprah didn’t buy each one of the IOC members a car.
3) The Cubs aren’t the only losers in Chicago.
2) It was a five spiral crash, boys.
1) Blame it on Rio.

My collie says:

What? No more jokes about sex with Sarah Palin’s daughters?

Last night’s revelations sorta’ put a damper on that, collie.

CyberCipher on October 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I can’t wait to see Olbermans head explode.
THIS.IS.NOT.RIGHT.SIR… BOOOOM!!

Sefton on October 2, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Chicago is out? Chicago is out? Ha Ha Ha. Well that made my day.

tbear44 on October 2, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Can I get, “Chicago is out?” as a ring tone?

jhffmn on October 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM

IOC is just making sure every country / continent gets their of Olympic host duties. It’s not necesarily about the best spot. (That’s not to suggest that Rio isn’t ready for the Olympics)

As you can see, Obama lost out on the Chicago’s bid thanks in large to his “share the wealth” scheme. Ho hum.

Mad Kimchi on October 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM

“Ya’ll got any spicy mustard?”

LtE126 on October 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Gee, too bad.

Hey, Rio! Be careful what you wish for! Good luck!

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Can I get, “Chicago is out?” as a ring tone?

jhffmn on October 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Totally. “Chicago is out? Chicago is out? Madrid is still in? Tokyo is in?” My next ring tone.

ThanksMo on October 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Madrid is in? Tokyo is in? Slap some more faces you moron…

Army Brat on October 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Can I get, “Chicago is out?” as a ring tone?

jhffmn on October 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM

That would be hilarious!

jennifernaz on October 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM

“We shall now proceed immediately with another round of vote”
“We shall now proceed immediately with another round of vote”
“We shall now proceed immediately with another round of vote”
“We shall now proceed immediately with another round of vote”
“We shall now proceed immediately with another round of vote”

PaulMorphy on October 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I guess the IOC uses Dieblod voting machines, too.

reaganaut on October 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM

That put a smile on my face. “What???…”

Static on October 2, 2009 at 5:17 PM

The CNN announcer was apoplectic.

Chicago is out???

Chicago is out???

Chicago is out???

This is not happening according to script.

I guess Blago forgot to pay someone in Copenhagen.

molonlabe28 on October 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Let me be clear, the IOC behaved stupidly…

Nozzle on October 2, 2009 at 5:55 PM

SpaceCadet CNN,say it for the third time,yes Chicago is OUT!

canopfor on October 2, 2009 at 5:56 PM

LOL, just saw CNN’s latest “spin” on this.

They are now just going with the meme that “Chicago lost the Olympics to Brazil”.

Absolutely no mention of the US being bounced out in the first round and Brazil actually beating Madrid-but anyone who watches CNN regularly has the IQ of a piece of toast, so this propaganda will be swilled up by the ignorant masses.

“Mission Accomplished”, Wolfman. Joe Goebbels would approve.

Del Dolemonte on October 2, 2009 at 5:58 PM

The only bad part about this, is that the lapdog media won’t press him on this issue.

It would be the best way to get his mug off the TV, if every Q&A started with a question about The Fail.

reaganaut on October 2, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Must be racism, what else could it be?

KyserS on October 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM

superschadenfreudelisticexpialidocious

crosspatch on October 2, 2009 at 6:25 PM

He just can not believe it, the poor man is flummoxed.

She said smirking.

Terrye on October 2, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Cue best possible Edward G. Robinson impression: “Where’s your messiah … nooow?”

SagebrushPuppet on October 2, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Must be those touch-screen machines the IOC uses. Where is ACORN when you need them?

Veritas on October 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Sen. Burris blames Bush for not getting the Olympics.

mizflame98 on October 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM

SagebrushPuppet on October 2, 2009 at 6:25 PM

OMG, I think I just piddled myself, I will laff about this for a looong time, excellent!

NY Conservative on October 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Ok here is the video and lyrics for the original mmmm mmmm song… lets see who ha the most talent at rewriting to fit this occasion

Title: Crash Test Dummies – Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm lyrics

Artist: Crash Test Dummies Lyrics

Once there was this kid who

Got into an accident and couldn’t come to school

But when he finally came back

His hair had turned from black into bright white

He said that it was from when

The cars had smashed so hard

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this girl who

Wouldn’t go and change with the girls in the change room

But when they finally made her

They saw birthmarks all over her body

She couldn’t quite explain it

They’d always just been there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

But both girl and boy were glad

‘Cause one kid had it worse than that

‘Cause then there was this boy whose

Parents made him come directly home right after school

And when they went to their church

They shook and lurched all over the church floor

He couldn’t quite explain it

They’d always just gone there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

brianpierre on October 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM

****BREAKING**** Members of ACORN really pissed. Photo here.

/Giddy

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Man. Pictures 2, 3, & 4 make me giggle like a school girl.

Ampersand on October 2, 2009 at 6:42 PM

****BREAKING**** Members of ACORN really pissed. Photo here.

/Giddy

Key West Reader on October 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Picture 26 was probably the reason why they lost the bid. That water looks like something from the septic tank.

mizflame98 on October 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM

superschadenfreudelisticexpialidocious

crosspatch on October 2, 2009 at 6:25 PM

:-))

SagebrushPuppet on October 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM

:-))

SagebrushPuppet on October 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Is that a double chin or a really big grin…

jerrytbg on October 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM

“What!!…Chicago is out!!!”

That was the sound of that liberal bubble they live in at CNN busting.

18 votes…EPIC FAIL

Baxter Greene on October 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM

And now Michelle is going to have to sacrifice yet AGAIN and shop for a week in Paris. Poor woman.

This is such a mean country – and now it’s a mean, mean world. Cat Stevens says it best:

Oh, baby, baby, it’s a wild world
It’s hard to get by just upon a smile
Oh, baby, baby, it’s a wild world
and I’ll always remember you like a child, girl

disa on October 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Did you see the video of Lula crying with joy?
Lula Reacts.

That’s the way a president acts when he loves his country.

I’ll repeat APs question about Candidate Obama: “Does he even like us?”

PattyJ on October 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Looks like theres gonna be one less circus for the naked emperor.

Browncoatone on October 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM

That’s the same anchor who was shocked when the foreign reporter that he was interviewing, didn’t agree with him that Barack Obama was THE Best President EVER, and that everyone from her country didn’t love Barack more than any other U.S. president.

Wanted to link to that vid too, but it seems CNN has yanked it from YouTube.

Jewels on October 2, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I grew up in the Chicago area, but I must confess . . . I am TICKLED about this!

Madrid is IN!?!?! Tokyo is IN!?!?!?

This is reminiscent of . . . PLAYOFFS!?!?! PLAYOFFS!?!?!

The Emperor certainly has no clothes now. Rejected the same day he visited. In terms he can understand, a “slam dunk” against him and the “sacrificing” Michelle, if you will.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

OneVision on October 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM

walkingboss on October 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Funny.

Geochelone on October 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Aw gee, I guess Chicago is out!

Now just 3 years till obama is out!!!

jgdp on October 2, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I wish we didnt have to wait three years

WyoMike on October 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Oh the irony. When I heard the news today that Chicago didn’t get the 2016 Olympic Games, I was taken so far aback that you could have knocked me over with a feather. After all, aren’t Chicago politicians the most corrupt political hacks in the United States and rank right up there very impressively with many Third World dictatorships when it comes to fleecing the people? Indeed, haven’t Chicago politicians taken graft, corruption, and shakedowns to a new level and made it an art form unto itself that is finally getting the recognition it deserves since it is our Dear Leader’s adopted home town? The reason I mention this is that when it comes to the International Olympic Committee, they almost rival Chicago politicians in the art of corruption and shakedowns.

The reason that I bring this up is that I was living in Japan when Osaka was in competition with Beijing for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games. This was back in 2003 when many of us mused how Beijing could possibly win since they had to build a significant amount of infrastructure in addition to all of the Olympic venues. On top of that, we were wondering how the athletes would be able to run a marathon in a dust storm and all that pollution. On the other hand, Osaka had a robust infrastructure and many venues all ready in place that could host Olympic events. While the region has its share of pollution, it does not even come close to rivaling the conditions in Beijing. So how did Beijing win the coveted prize to host the 2008 summer games?

One of the head delegates of the Osaka 2008 Olympic Committee succinctly summed up the city’s loss by observing that it looked like China out-bribed Japan to get the nod from the International Olympic Committee. So, with this in mind, it looks like the Chicago Olympic Committee is not only inept but incompetent when it comes to offering the appropriate bribe to the IOC. This shows a total lack of leadership by our dear leader who was weaned on the Chicago Machine. It looks like both Chicago politicians and Barry are slipping.

Barak Hussein Obama
Couldn’t even get the Olympics that he really really wanna
mmm mmm mmm

globalmagnetic on October 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I can’t wait till 2012

OBAMA IS OUT???????? OBAMA IS OUT????????

jaboba on October 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM

IOC…racist’s

Joke of the day. What’s the difference between God and Obama?
God doesn’t think he’s Obama.

M-14 2go on October 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Instant classic indeed. What puts it over the top is the countdown clock in the corner announcing that there was still an hour until the final announcement. BTW, the number of times that the question “Chicago is out?” was asked proves that CNN hires the dumbest anchors ever.

highhopes on October 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM

OBAMA IS OUT???????? OBAMA IS OUT????????

jaboba on October 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM

mmmm mmmmm mmmm

highhopes on October 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT I FORGOT???

****OBAMA WAS THE ONE WHO INSULTED THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS AND PARALYMPICS ON JAY LENO!!!!!****

SWEEEEEEET REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE DIDNT DESERVE IT!!!!!

battleoflepanto1571 on October 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Thanks for pulling that one out of the oracle!! :D

ProudPalinFan on October 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM

What does Obama do for a living? The world wonders.

Lincoln Cadillac on October 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I say again:

One morning, after a fitful night of sleep in Copenhagen, Hussein K. awoke to find himself transformed into a gigantic dung beetle.

Dhuka on October 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I would be shocked, but even this morning on A&E, American Justice was about riots at the 1973 Democratic convention in Chicago.

Maybe the IOC watched the same program.

madmonkphotog on October 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM

It’s insanely hilarious at their disbelief that their god’s city is not going to host a major international and diverse worldly event.

Grafted on October 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Nuke Chicago! YAY

theTarCzar on October 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Damn 2×4 sales have suddenly plummeted in Chicago

theTarCzar on October 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Looks like 0 acted stupidly, like it was the special olympics or something.

Lex on October 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM

This brings to mind an oldie but a goodie, by the Beau Brummels:

Laugh, Laugh, I thought I’d die
It seems so funny to me
Looks like you met a guy who taught you how it feels to be
Lonely, oh so lonely.

Pretty lonely being an Obama tonight, eh, El Presidente? Hear those crickets chirping. See the tumbleweeds blowing.

OneVision on October 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Corrected verse:

Laugh, Laugh, I thought I’d die
It seems so funny to me
Laugh, Laugh, you met a guy who taught you how it feels to be
Lonely, oh so lonely.

Apologies to the Beau Brummels.

Laugh, Laugh, Mr. Joker.

OneVision on October 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Obama can’t convince a corrupt group like the IOC to help him? That’s got to be a first.

Can’t wait for the media spin on this. I’ve already seen several posters at WaPo try to say that the Chicago Olympic bid had nothing to do with Obama.

hawksruleva on October 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Earlier, during Mark Levin’s show, I e-mailed this to him. Don’t know if he had time to read it or to incorporate it, but the questions are important ones that bear repeating.

“What I’d like to know is how General McCrystal magically ended up in Copenhagen for a 25 minute photo op/meeting with President Obama.

Bad enough that Michelle was flown there on a separate plane, but where did they ship in the General from? Added to the costs related to flying Air Force One (both, since one is a decoy) there with the President, the costs for Michelle and the General must have the trip expenses at over $3 million by now

Question #1: Is the City of Chicago and/or the Chicago Olympics Committee going to reimburse the U.S. Taxpayers for the costs of this rather expensive pitch by the President, which would have only benefited Chicago?

Question #2: At this point, Obama has created a ‘mobile’ White House that is being shipped all over the world so that he can do his Real Job at his leisure in between campaign speeches and/or other extraneous speechifying events and personal dates shopping or sightseeing globally with his wife. The expenses related to having a mobile White House must be horrendous. If he’s going to cut Medicare to pay for national health insurance for all U.S. residents, wouldn’t it be important to point out to him just how costly his presidency alone has become? So much so that at this rate, by the end of his four year term, it would cost us just about as much as those savings to Medicare would be, thereby negating the savings and potentially making tax increases mandatory?”

No matter how the Left and the Legacy Media try to spin this, it’s a major humiliation for President Obama. Not just because of what it cost us taxpayers in terms of dollars, either. It’s a humiliation in that Obama actually went there without pre-arranging anything in advance, figuring his ill-perceived global popularity (in his mind) and his purported genius at public speaking would pull the rabbit out of the hat.

An undisciplined ego will, over time, collapse in on itself. I’m really interested now in seeing whether Obama can recover his footing, whether he gets serious now and gets down to business in the proper White House that the taxpayers have provided for him to do his Real Job, or whether the inevitable ego implosion will have begun on his flight back to the USA.

KendraWilder on October 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Beer summit in Stuttgart next stop for O-man?

Sapwolf on October 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM

So, they put lipstick on a pig and the IOC didn’t buy it. Surprise! Surprise!

Pelayo on October 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Other then that, how did you like Copenhagen Mr. Obama?

BDavis on October 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

This is THE EXCUSE to link to… the Beastie Boys !!!!!!!!

Listen y’all it’s a SABOTAGE !

nagee76 on October 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM

South America is the only continent that has never hosted the Games – which means that it was the only option of the four currently on the table that gives IOC chiefs the chance to make history.

This from one of the articles, it just made me think… 0bama was just in this position, his very election was historical, you’d think he would have understood that implicitly and stood back graciously and allowed Rio a better chance. But he did not, he went with his posse and tried to make it about him again. No class whatever.

4shoes on October 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM

4shoes on October 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM

But look on the bright side. The more time He spends goofing off, appearing on Lettermen, etc., the less time he spends on the job.

Really Right on October 2, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Obama home yet?

If so, unemployment is up, Afghanistan is down and YOU, sir, are a loser.

ted c on October 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I love this vid. I could watch it ten times in a row.

capitalist piglet on October 2, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Rahm told Tapper that Obama was going to use the “diversity” of Chicago as the pitch.

How ridiculous! Like Rio and other cities aren’t “diverse”?

Too bad they didn’t throw in “green” too. Use every lame leftist idea you can, but it won’t fly outside of the blue US states.

Rahm’s pitch

PattyJ on October 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Comedy gold is right. Perfect title.

Bladerunner1701 on October 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM

KendraWilder on October 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Beautifully stated, Kendra. I mean it sincerely – this kind of eloquence raises the bar for written expression in blogs like this. As trite as it may sound, all I can say is: “Well done.”

OneVision on October 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Other then that, how did you like Copenhagen Mr. Obama?

BDavis on October 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

LOL!! This gets my nomination for One-Liner of the Day.

OneVision on October 2, 2009 at 11:02 PM

The MSM probably will brand us with a bunch of haters and gloaters about this event. I can just about predict it taht they will call the BO haters are having a fieldday with the Chicago loss. It sure has made my day happy though. Good going Rio.

garydt on October 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM

And now, don’t forget to catch the latest flick starring our omnipresent President and his “sacrificing” First Crony in:

Blame it On Rio (II)

This title was chosen over Obama’s first choice, i.e., “Blame it On Bush.”

OneVision on October 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Chi town lost because After 2 years of traveling the globe telling everybody how arrogant Americans are Obama went to Copenhagen and showed them.

Gwillie on October 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Having seen the way the IOC operated when Utah was competing for the Winter Olympics, I decided that it was a septic system. Had it not been for Mitt Romney and the huge number of volunteers from the LDS Church and local communities, it would have been a terrible financial disaster.

Chicago politics and the IOC would have been a perfect fit for each other, but I think that the IOC may have learned a lesson from the Utah experience. Maybe it’s gun shy when it comes to the U.S. You can’t take bribes from us and be sure that nobody will call you on it, although I think Chicago would have been the best spot to try it. In the end, it would only have enriched the corrupt and impoverished the taxpayers.

I could see this coming when I first read about Obama’s trip, but it was like watching a train closing in on a collapsed bridge. Oh, the humanity!

The good thing is that it might help weaken the Democrats in the opinion polls and in the voting polls next year.

flataffect on October 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM

All the news that follows the script.

lsheldon on October 3, 2009 at 12:09 AM

DUH! It’s because Chicago is a cesspool of nothing! Why would they spotlight that hole in the ground?

scotash on October 3, 2009 at 12:27 AM

The excitement and joy of the 2006 Gay Games in Chicago are captured in a new 208-page 4-color glossy photo soft-cover book available online from the Web site http://www.lulu.com. The book features more than 1,000 images of the sports, culture and ceremonies of Gay Games VII, which were held July 15-22, 2006.

Chicago has no complaints.

seven on October 3, 2009 at 12:34 AM