Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on October 1, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama gave a speech to the Congressional Black Caucus to talk about the direction he wants to take in overhauling the American health-care system.  Before he had a chance to start, someone had to tell the President of the United States that he had taken the wrong direction on the stage (h/t HA commenter Liberty0):

Comments

Well of course he couldn’r speak from that other podium, no TOTUS there. He might have to speak, “off the cuff”.

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Maybe he was acting out a Freudian slip? Just heard on Fox that if Iran refuses not to dismantle their “secret” nuclear site, it won’t be a deal breaker in our talks with Iran… Got to have priorities… Iran with nukes, that’s ok. Chicago without the 2016 games, never!!!!

tanvec on October 1, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Choosing the wrong direction. Perfect metaphor for this guy’s life.

AZCoyote on October 1, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I bet he was just distracted by the adoring, cheering masses…er, crowd.

becki51758 on October 1, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I’m stunned! How could he dis his teleprompters like that!!!!

4shoes on October 1, 2009 at 8:12 AM

The solution to this problem is obvious: have Obama’s entourage take his own stage AND teleprompter next time. Hell, just videotape it and see copies to the adoring idiots in the audience. It could be a moneymaking deal for the U.S. Government, even after Obama took his usual 89%% cut.

I’d like to see Obama address the “Congressional White Caucus”, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon because THAT would be racist. Or something.

bradley11 on October 1, 2009 at 8:14 AM

SELL copies, not “see” copies. It’s early.

bradley11 on October 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Imagine how petrified he was when he looked up and didn’t see his teleprompters with his speech on them. He probably wet himself a little.

myrenovations on October 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM

myrenovations on October 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Does that mean he got himself wee wee’d up?

tanvec on October 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM

The conditio sine qua non for this type of a situation was when GWB tried to open the wrong door to exit that stage. He (GWB) displayed grace and humor when the situation became apparent. Not so much with the filthy coward currently infesting the White House.

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM

shoot, can’t see the graphic…

cmsinaz on October 1, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Does that mean he got himself wee wee’d up?

tanvec on October 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I would suppose so.

myrenovations on October 1, 2009 at 8:18 AM

The biggest surprise is that he went to his right.

TedInATL on October 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Obama moves to the right!

Beaglemom on October 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

myrenovations on October 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Nonsense. 90% of any Obama speech is the rat bastard traitor talking about himself. Without TOTUS he just dumps the 10% that isn’t about him.

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

That is flat out wrong. It was the stage that was laid out wrong for Dear Liar. I expect it to be executed by firing squad at dawn tomorrow.

rbj on October 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

I was going to give the President a pass on this one until I noticed TOTUS.

yoda on October 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

bradley11 on October 1, 2009 at 8:14 AM

It would take an entire airlift to get the Greek columns from place to place. Far better for the filthy liar to never leave DC and homebase for TOTUS. He’s phoning it in on Afghanistan, why not deliver all speeches from the Oval Office?

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I was ready to categorize this as nitpicking until I saw the teleprompters. Awesome!

Buy Danish on October 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I wish Barry would stop speechifying. I mean, can we have just ONE day without him on the television?

Key West Reader on October 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Oh come on, you cannot possibly believe that this guy can talk off the cuff about anything, even himself.

myrenovations on October 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I prefer the policy Obamateurisms. The absent-minded stuff is not much different from any other president/human being on the planet.

pugwriter on October 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Obama: Well, I’ve spent enough time talking about me. Now, tell me, Caucus, what’s your favorite thing that I’ve done?

kingsjester on October 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM

My first thought was “dang! how large IS the Congressional Black Caucus?” There seem to be a lot of folks there.

MikeA on October 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM

It’s entertaining to watch the photographers scurrying back and forth just below the stage.

Barb Dwyer on October 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM

MY second thought was “Maybe if they lowered those TOTUS thingies a little bit we would not always be looking up Obama’s nose.”

MikeA on October 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM

“I lost”

LibTired on October 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM

If you watch closely you can see the two ‘prompters give each other a sly grin.

Bishop on October 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM

There’s so much news coverage of the Prince of Incompetence, I’m starting to have dreams nightmares; He’s in every news segment on every source. His name comes up every few minutes all day and night. The media is treating him like their crack habit. What are they going to publish when he’s gone? (And not soon enough!)
But, of course, this is the intention of OUR NEW COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT.

Cybergeezer on October 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I find it fitting that it looked like he was going right, but ended up going far left.

Nethicus on October 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Of course, this is Glenn Beck’s fault. I expect another page on the White House website today attacking Beck for this outrage.

rockmom on October 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM

What was it that the scarecrow in Wiz of Oz was needing. OH, yeah. A brain….

OkieDoc on October 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM

pugwriter on October 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM

true, however the MSM would make sure that every little gaffe that W made was brought to you up close and personal for days…

cmsinaz on October 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Obama moves to the right!

Beaglemom on October 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Don’t fall for the head fake… from his perspective, it was a move to the left.

CC

CapedConservative on October 1, 2009 at 8:46 AM

But, of course, this is the intention of OUR NEW COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT.

Cybergeezer on October 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Ack! You just reminded me, the dream I had yesterday morning: I was helping a young girl prepare for some Olympic event, it was called, (I jest not) The Obama Long Jump! Eeeesh, it was named after him in my dream! Scary eh?

4shoes on October 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Cough cough… I’ve updated the link in my nic, it now goes to my blog. Dont miss my post on Assassinating President Obama

It a vile and reprehensible idea being pushed by the left and it truly makes me angry.

OK.. Sorry Ed… Back to your regularly scheduled Obamateurism of the Day…

doriangrey on October 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Looking closely, there are slightly smaller teleprompters at the first podium.

So, do you think he just saw that first set of teleprompters and figured “there’s my blankie…”

What would have been funnier is watching him figure it out on his own. That nice lady saved him a lot of grief when the teleprompters at the first podium brought up the wrong speech!

SnowSun on October 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Look at the video at 17 seconds. There is a shadow of a single teleprompter at the podium to his right. Little “o” gravitated to it like a crack ho gravitates to a sawbuck.

BigAlSouth on October 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Looking closely, there are slightly smaller teleprompters at the first podium.

SnowSun on October 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM

ROTFLMAO… Considering that he has read other people teleprompter messages before…

doriangrey on October 1, 2009 at 8:57 AM

He was disoriented without the Greek Columns. Of course, stage left is where he feels more comfortable, so he must have been disoriented and confused to head stage right. Perhaps it’s time to retire like Inspectors General are forced to do when they’re confused?

mr.blacksheep on October 1, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Settle down. His white half isn’t perfect.

warden on October 1, 2009 at 9:00 AM

It is unbelievable that this inexperienced person was elected.I blame the media but there is no excuse for going into a v/booth not knowing everything someone stands for.How many should never have been allowed near a precinct,let alone push a button. Now we are fighting for dear life just to keep our head above water.

ohiobabe on October 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Ack! You just reminded me, the dream I had yesterday morning: I was helping a young girl prepare for some Olympic event, it was called, (I jest not) The Obama Long Broad Jump! Eeeesh, it was named after him in my dream! Scary eh?

4shoes on October 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Channeling Bill Clinton

MikeA on October 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM

You know what the problem is. He can not recognize the official seal of the POTUS. He’s too busy using his campaign logo all the time that he got confused.

mizflame98 on October 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Is the Congressional White Caucus next month??

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

How will they hang this one on Fox?

TimBuk3 on October 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Is the Congressional White Caucus next month??

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

No silly, the Congrssional Gay Caucus is next month. The White one has been outlawed because all the white folks are racists. Didn’t you get the memo?

MikeA on October 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I bet that stupid move really embarrassed Totus.

Gang-of-One on October 1, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Scary eh?

4shoes on October 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

You ain’t kidding.

Gang-of-One on October 1, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Everybody else went one way, he went the other.

Couldn’t he see the Presidential Seal flashing at him from the correct podium?

Metaphorical meandering: off on his own, in a dream world, on the wrong path in the wrong direction.

ExpressoBold on October 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM

What about the Asian Congressional Caucus? Or, the Latino Congessional Caucus? Or, the Eurpean American Congessional Caucus? Why does the great uniter ignore these other people groups?

jbh45 on October 1, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Shouldn’t he be addressing the Mulatto Congressional Caucus?

jbh45 on October 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I can understand
Getting Malia’s name wrong.
But missing TOTUS?!?

Haiku Guy on October 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Wonder why he chose the white one?

unclesmrgol on October 1, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Key West Reader on October 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

No we cannot. How else would we remember that he won?

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I can understand
Getting Malia’s name wrong.
But missing TOTUS?!?

Haiku Guy on October 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Good point. The kids are just props. TOTUS is the filthy lying coward’s lifeline.

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Add this to the “What-If-Bush-Had-Done-This” file.

Tzetzes on October 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Okay, I’ll play too; When’s the Shiite Congressional Congress; The Arabic Congressional Congress; The Taliban Congressional Congress; The Indo-Eurasian Congressional Congress; The Amoebae Congressional Congress? Oh, right; They’re in session now.

Cybergeezer on October 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM

He wanted to be by himself, and not share the stage with all those peons and lackeys near the correct podium.

Steve Z on October 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Actually it appears there were teleprompters at the first podium O-lympic approached, just not the official TOTUS. Would have made for an interesting speech though if they were“unfriendly”.

In any event, I’ll bet TOTUS was not happy – kind of like calling your wife/girlfriend by the wrong name.

pain train on October 1, 2009 at 11:16 AM

pain train on October 1, 2009 at 11:16 AM

It’s uncool to be using a teleprompter you didn’t ask to the dance.

highhopes on October 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM

LOL The presidential seal should have been a clue…

commenter on October 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM

This video will be forever. The TOTUS is the icing on the cake.

But no fair. We need a close up of his facial expressions so we can compare it to Dubya trying to open a locked door.

When G-Dub stood at attention after failing to open the door, I completely lost it. Funniest thing ever.

uknowmorethanme on October 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM

It wasn’t a mistake. It allowed him the opportunity to strut back across the length of the stage. Workin’ the crowd…..

Mallard T. Drake on October 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM