Video: Moron who accused GOP of wanting sick people to “die quickly” not sorry

posted at 6:02 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yes, it’s Teacups again, doing his level best to extend that 15 minutes. Why a guy who supports a bill that will inevitably lead to rationing should want to lecture anyone about causing early death is beyond me, just as it’s beyond me why a member of the pro-choice party would dare invite a debate about comparative “holocausts in America.” But here we are. Cue the outrageous outrage from the GOP:

“Alan Grayson not only refuses to apologize, he is doubling down on his despicable remarks and he is dragging his party with him, said NRCC Communications Director Ken Spain. “This is an individual who has established a pathological pattern of unstable behavior.”

More from Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer:

What we have seen over the course of the last 24 hour is a Congressman who is completely consumed with his own spotlight and has absolutely no respect for the citizens who elected him. I am more and more appalled with every twisted turn of the Alan Grayson roll coaster. It’s time for Congressman Grayson to leave the amusement park and go back to work for the people of Central Florida.

Kudos for working the Disney World allusions in there. If I were a lefty blogger, this would be the point where I issue an Important Action Alert demanding an influx of donations to Grayson’s opponent in order to sate my quivering nutroots rage. As it is, I just can’t take this guy seriously enough to care. Shouldn’t we keep him around for comic relief? Do you really want to dump someone who gets his policy ideas from riding Space Mountain? Speaking in my professional capacity as a man forever in search of Democrats to ridicule, I issue a resounding no.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“Shouldn’t we keep him around for comic relief? Do you really want to dump someone who gets his policy ideas from riding Space Mountain? Speaking in my professional capacity as a man forever in search of Democrats to ridicule, I issue a resounding no.” -AP

I understand your need for ripe tagets for your snarkiness, but I’d think that proper and decent representation for his constituents should rate just a bit higher on your list of priorities.

SKYFOX on October 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM

BTW, Grayson was fined by a judge for using a known “pathological liar” as his star witness in his crusade to sue defense contractors to sabotage the war in Iraq. I’m not sure why the judge shied away from saying the obvious: “suborning perjury” (as a career).

Beagle on October 1, 2009 at 9:39 AM

He’s a sorry excuse for a human being. Sorry he’s from Florida because that’s my home state. Maybe they can fix this and elect someone decent next time. Also have to apologize for Baucus now that I live in Montana. That’s all the apologizing I’m going to do for those sacks of s##t.

Kissmygrits on October 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Can’t be that hard to find…

“Judge Liam O’Grady of the federal court covering Eastern Virginia chided Grayson…”

…for pursuing a case against an Iraq contractor even when it became clear that the plaintiff, his client, “is a pathological liar.”

“I have never seen a case with abuses like this go to a stage where we are today,” O’Grady said in a recent hearing. “I think Mr. Grayson and Mr. Kubli have completely abrogated their positions as officers of this court.”

As I said, it’s hard to see how the judge avoided “suborned perjury.” In the realm of judges critiquing attorneys, that’s about as bad as it gets without handcuffs.

Beagle on October 1, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Looking at him, Alan Grayson resembles the illegitimate child of Howdy Doody and a farm animal (with apologies to the farm animal). Is this the best Floridians have to offer as their representatives to the federal government? I for one am embarrassed for those in Florida who voted for him and saddened for those who didn’t and are represented by him…it shines a really dim light on the state. I have a similarly dim light with Chris Dodd so I feel your pain.

PatriotPete on October 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM

We should be able to tell what we are in store for by what these lowly Democrats accuse us of doing.
There’s a death panel in WA state right now!

Elektra on October 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Orlando…send this slob back to Disneyland.

RobCon on October 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I’d like to sit on this a**hole’s panel.

Dukehoopsfan on October 1, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Government-subsidized vacations and free health care? Where’s that been done before? Hmmmmmm…Same guy who came up with the Autobahn and the Volkswagen came up with those ideas, too…

quikstrike98 on October 1, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Oh my! How awful. It’s almost as bad as when Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite (R-Fla.) said Dem plans would tell seniors to “drop dead.”

Or when Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) said Democratic plans for a public option would “kill people.”

Or when Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) said Dems’ proposals might “put seniors in a position of being put to death by their government.”

This kind of rhetoric is foolish whether it’s Grayson, Brown-Waite, Broun, or Foxx slinging it. Let’s be less selective about our outrage.

orange on October 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM

This guy saw the attention Joe Wilson and the other guy got ($$$$) and decided he wanted some of that action.

So far he has scammed the kos kids for 90k. Hilarious.

Moesart on October 1, 2009 at 12:49 PM

How the hell did he get elected from Central Florida?

WTF?

Sapwolf on September 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM

He spent a lot of his own $$$ in the campaign. When you are a carpet-bagging trial lawyer and John Edwards wannabee, it’s easy to do.

His GOP opponent was Ric “Mr. Voluntary Term Limits” Keller who was running for his 5th term. He ran a lousy lame-a$$ed campaign and the local GOP had an ineffecient strategy.

Obama carried Orange County (Metro Orlando) by 18 points and he rode on the coat tails.

Worse than that, we also elected another liberal to congress names Susane Kosmas. Her GOP opponent was Tom Feeney who was caght up in the Abramoff scandal. She also benefitted from the Obama coat tails.

Electrions have consequences.

Hopefully we can fix this in 2010.

JohnBG on October 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Holocaust?

Is he referring to the lockstep bow at the altar that the National Democratic leadership makes at Planned Parenthood as they continue to fund hundreds of millions to kill defenseless unborn children?

Is he referring to what Ezekiel Emmanuel thinks of anyone over 40? So you don’t have anything to offer to the state and they quietly SOYLENT GREEN you when you get a certain age is THAT the holocaust he’s talking about?

Or is he talking about the Garrison Keillor endorsed “kill the Republicans/conservatives” and deny them healthcare encouraged holocaust?

Anyone live in this guys’ district?

PappyD61 on October 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM