Video: Moron who accused GOP of wanting sick people to “die quickly” not sorry

posted at 6:02 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yes, it’s Teacups again, doing his level best to extend that 15 minutes. Why a guy who supports a bill that will inevitably lead to rationing should want to lecture anyone about causing early death is beyond me, just as it’s beyond me why a member of the pro-choice party would dare invite a debate about comparative “holocausts in America.” But here we are. Cue the outrageous outrage from the GOP:

“Alan Grayson not only refuses to apologize, he is doubling down on his despicable remarks and he is dragging his party with him, said NRCC Communications Director Ken Spain. “This is an individual who has established a pathological pattern of unstable behavior.”

More from Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer:

What we have seen over the course of the last 24 hour is a Congressman who is completely consumed with his own spotlight and has absolutely no respect for the citizens who elected him. I am more and more appalled with every twisted turn of the Alan Grayson roll coaster. It’s time for Congressman Grayson to leave the amusement park and go back to work for the people of Central Florida.

Kudos for working the Disney World allusions in there. If I were a lefty blogger, this would be the point where I issue an Important Action Alert demanding an influx of donations to Grayson’s opponent in order to sate my quivering nutroots rage. As it is, I just can’t take this guy seriously enough to care. Shouldn’t we keep him around for comic relief? Do you really want to dump someone who gets his policy ideas from riding Space Mountain? Speaking in my professional capacity as a man forever in search of Democrats to ridicule, I issue a resounding no.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

1 term.

Static on September 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I like Ken Spain.

bridgetown on September 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM

And Obama sings … “This will be the day that Obamacare died.”

Gregor on September 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven’t voted sooner to end this holocaust in America.”

A totally dishonest red herring. Hospitals and doctors offices open all week. Actually most 24/7. Less wait time than at the Post Office. They have been treating the sick since before his grandparents were born. He acts like health services are shutdown without this bill. He can’t name a single person that a lack of Teddycare bill has killed.
Abortions have killed 3,000 today.

seven on September 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

What this guy fails to mention is that about 3,700 babies are aborted in this country every day. In just over 12 days that number reaches the 44,789 figure that he quoted for annual deaths. Further, that makes about 1.35 Million babies killed every year in this country. I can’t find anything specific about his stance on abortion, but he votes 98% of the time with his party, and 2% of the time he abstains, so I’m going to assume he’s for it until his office calls me back. I wonder why he doesn’t care about those babies? Oh yeah, they can’t vote.

rogue780 on September 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Democrats want sick people to die slowly and in pain, taking over-the-counter aspirin because it takes too long to get in to see a doctor who hasn’t closed his practice.

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Like the left says a fetus isnt a real person the Nazis said jews werent real people.

William Amos on September 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I guess they’re intent on cheapening that word as effectively as they’ve cheapened “racism”.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Like a desperate joker in a new deck of the leftist cards. All the Perv-Polanski defenders played it too. Dispicable.

Gang-of-One on September 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Do you think his Soros check will be larger than the one I sent Joe?

Doorgunner on September 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM

You’ve got more backbone that dcwvu could ever wish to have.

bluelightbrigade on September 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM

katy the mean old lady

I luv ya. I know you have your own loons in S FL.

bazil9 on September 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Oh God! Don’t get me started!

katy the mean old lady on September 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM

DIdn’t Obama tell the lady at the town meeting that her mother, who received a pacemaker and lived five more years and counting, should have taken pain pills and died?

jerseyman on September 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

This guy is the epitome of the scum that slithers into the political arena and sucks it for all it is worth.

rplat on September 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

These people are really stupid.

Australia has universal health care and people die waiting for “free” medical procedures. In 2008 more than 4000 people died either waiting, bureaucratic bungling or from overworked surgeons making mistakes.

Crux Australis on September 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Let’s see…. Republican plans call for reducing health care costs by reducing ridiculous law suits, more competition among health insurers by allowing them to move freely between states, etc.
Democrat plans call for or will result in cuts in Medicair,
bureaucrats deciding what is covered and what is not, rationing, counseling to help old people just die and get out of the way (they already tried this on our veterans), fines if you don’t pay for health insurance (yeah that will help people get well), doctor shortages, and eventual total government control.
But it’s the Republicans that want people to die. Wow! That’s almost as much of a stretch as Obama saying that we have to hurry to pass healthcare now to save the economy! What weisels these guys are!

Christian Conservative on September 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM

When do democrats EVER apologize for anything? Anyone?

alwaysright43 on September 30, 2009 at 6:14 PM

That’s not fair. President Obama has apologized for lots of stuff.

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Holocaust??? These people just throw words around as if they had no real meaning at all.

Eventually words like holocaust, genocide, fascism, war criminal lose meaning, they really do.

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Grayson has now become a hero to the media, particularly CNN’s Blitzer and the rest of the libs that spew left wing idiocy daily on that show. He’s become what the other Joe Wilson (Valerie Plame’s husband) was for liberals. He’s their hero from this day forward. Keep on pushing back conservatives! Bring on Ann Coulter to respond.

Travis1 on September 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Plagiarizing another poster on another thread, but it fits so well here…

When stupid’s the food source, the menu writes itself.

TXUS on September 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I’d pay to see a tag team of Grayson and Debbie Wasserman Shultz explaining lefty health care all day long. Grayson can ride off into insane lands, returning briefly to explain how Democrat ideas about health care will make it cheaper, better, and more available to everyone in existence while Wasserman can dodge questions about where waste will be taken out of medicare by ranting on about how preventative treatment will save hundreds of billions … That would be a real winner.

Wasserman-Shultz/Grayson 2011 (Yeah, they’re that stupid, but we’ll let them run in 2011 anyway, just for kicks)

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Are any of the socialists in congress any different? Perhaps, one might generously and charitably say a handful.

dogsoldier on September 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Me thinks this looser has his own idea of going rogue.

SHARPTOOTH on September 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Please read your own sign and do 1 and 2. Sir.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Aaaakkkk! I have the dingbat Debbie Wasserman Test as my Rep

katy the mean old lady on September 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Aaaakkkk! I have the dingbat Debbie Wasserman Test as my Rep

katy the mean old lady on September 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I love her. Not a brain in her head and she isn’t ashamed to prove it. She even revels in her stupidity.

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Can we kindly defeat this punk in 2010?

How the hell did he get elected from Central Florida?

WTF?

Sapwolf on September 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM

There’s several people I want to die quickly, most are liberals, but this guy can top the list till he drops dead.

What a turd.

It’s the liberals that want a death panel, didn’t he get the memo?

Spiritk9 on September 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I saw this guy on CNN. He is mostly about himself.

CWforFreedom on September 30, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Fair or not, I heard him say “die quickly, America.”

Christien on September 30, 2009 at 7:13 PM

It’s a small world after all…

The Ugly American on September 30, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Liberalism is a mental disorder. As they gained Sarkozy power, the fact there are varying degrees of the disease as it evolves to complete loss of intellectual capacity becomes obviously apparent. Now with an ego-maniac in the White House, it could effect millions of people’s lives for for many years. Obama is making the U S a laughingstock on the world stage as the narcissim of the commander-in-chief will be manipulated by our adversaries because of his naivite’ and total ignorance of all that is around him. We are watching a classic case of a naive ego-maniac making a fool of himself and our country.

volsense on September 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM

It’s almost like they want to lose seats in 2010. It’s almost like they are begging for the Democrats to lose big. Self Destructive behavior runs deep among Progressives. When was the last time any of these people had a mental checkup from the neck up?

Dr Evil on September 30, 2009 at 7:19 PM

L-U-N-A-C-Y

MMM-MMM-MMM-MMM-MMM

Christien on September 30, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Two barely-functional creeps from my district in the last two elections, and it’s bipartisan. I’m going to have to face facts: I live in the dumbest congressional district in the known universe. The last guy, Ric Keller, was a ‘pro-family’ hypocrite (IYKWIMAITYD, but not the gay variation), the only Republican who took point on opposing the surge, and his best piece of legislation was an effort to prevent hamburger litigation, which failed. Not a bad piece of legislation, but maybe a thinner representative would have been a better choice to lead the charge on that one.

So Keller, at best, was unacceptable, and yet overall much better than our new moron. Suddenly my nauseous vote for Ric (we’ve met) is a real feather in my cap.

Beagle on September 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

>>>Right now I am also doing my part for Rubio<<<

Me too bazil…

CinnamongirlUF on September 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Is that Rick Sanchez?

MikeZero on September 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Disgusting. Blech. Makes me furious.

But what I really want to know is dems keep saying how many people are dying because they lack insurance. So, no one with insurance dies? If they get this thing passed, we will all become immortal?

cibolo on September 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I can’t get real twisted up about this guy. No apology necessary, rage on Goofy, rage on.

Cindy Munford on September 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

This is why it infuriated me when Joe Wilson apologized. Democrats don’t apologize, why should someone who told the TRUTH apologize?

SouthernGent on September 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Hey Alan, Hitler called – he wants his holocaust back.

disa on September 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM

The libturds have a method for pushing Obamunistcare through the senate by next Thursday.

Worth looking at.

dogsoldier on September 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Yeah if he had said something about death panels and killing grandma you’d all be applauding him.

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Nahh, I could care less about the Republicans Want You to Die rhetoric. On the other hand The American Health Care system = Holocaust sh!t is what disturbs me. It’s use here is as despicable as when many in the Polanski threads used it as a mitigating circumstance in the degenerates defense.

Yes, I know you didn’t defend Polanski. Good.

Gang-of-One on September 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Not even a useful idiot.

loudmouth883 on September 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I’m simply disgusted that he invoked the word “holocaust”. Like myself, he’s Jewish, but that don’t mean he’s not an idiot for doing that. Dude, shut the france up.

AlexB on September 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM

When Granny’s sent home with some pills in a plastic bag
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Obama will give her a hearty high five then
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The Emanuels will cheer, the Kevorkians will shout
The eugenicists they will all turn out
And the old folks will all be dead by Christmas time next year!

Get ready for the Ezekiel Emanuel Jubilee
Hurrah! Hurrah!
He’ll give Herr Obama three times three
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The Doctor of Life and Death degree is ready now
To place upon Herr Obama’s Godly brow
And he will feel so happy and gay
When Pallbearers carry Grandma and Grandpa to the funeral home

Cheshire Cat on September 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

This

(grandstanding, demagoguering)

is what happens when untethered-to-morals-and-ethics-Democrats attempt

what Conservatives do as a natural expression of their common sense.

Lockstein13 on September 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Cheshire Cat, you rock!

Mangy Scot on September 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

what did Obama say about toning down the debate?

rob verdi on September 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

No that will be the Dems when they decide who lives and who dies and when. I’m happy with my health care. Who’s complaining? This is all over nothing.

johnnyU on September 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM

what did Obama say about toning down the debate?

rob verdi on September 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

From the archives: Liberal hate words and rants.

“I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for…” — Howard Dean
“George W. Bush is evil. He is a terrorist. He is evil. He is arrogant. And he is out of control.” — Julianne Malveaux
“The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I’ll kill myself. All we need is one more liar.” — Helen Thomas
“But in my darker moments, I wonder whether the war wasn’t a cover to persuade good, open-minded folk like Glenn (Reynolds) to enable the theocratic impulses of the Republican base.” — Andrew Sullivan
My personal favorite follows…
“And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the – of – the historical customs, religious customs.” — John Kerry slams the troops again
“I felt like a n*gger.” — Ralph Nader on his run at the presidency in 2004.
“(The) idea that we’re going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong.” — Howard Dean
If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime–Pol Pot or others–that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.” — Democratic Senator Dick Durbin
getalife, how did you like Randi?
“A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn’t safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here’s your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being cocked].” — A “humor bit” from the Randi Rhodes show
“Do our government’s poorly paid contract killers deserve our “support” for blindly following orders?” — Ted Rall shows his “support” for the troops
“If I had my way, I would see Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell strapped down to electric chairs and lit up like Christmas trees. The better to light the way for American Democracy and American Freedom!” — Democratic Talk Radio’s Stephen Crockett
“Real freedom will come when [U.S.] soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors.” — Warren County Community College adjunct English professor, John Daly
hawkdriver on March 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Christian Conservative on September 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Why a guy who describes a bill as ‘inevitably leading to rationing’ and ‘causing early death’, should refer to that bill as being more “Christian-y” in a post a few weeks ago is beyond me.

red26 on September 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Hey, Allah, You want to keep some lefty loon around for comic relief? Let him be from your district.
We don’t need no more crazy down here. We’re all full up with crazy.

Lanceman on September 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

VOTERS IN HIS DISTRICT: turn this idiot out next year IN THE PRIMARY. It is your DUTY to do this.

Khun Joe on September 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

So he’s stickin’ to his slightly over the top guns. Who cares.

People are sooooooooo offended gimme a fu*king break.

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Yeah.

This thread is so bad, you should ask for more money from ACORN for trolling over here.

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

rplat on September 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

It show’s eh? Watch Grayson on youtube when he’s doing something useful like grilling Federal Reserve General Counsel Scott Alvarez. He’s got trial lawyer written all over him.

13blackcats on September 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Yeah.

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM
——-
Yeah, throw ACORN sh*t on me when my hatred of that turd of an organization is well documented.

You’re a fu*king GENIUS.

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Grayson is a freshman representative who’s political career began last January. He’s a baby in Congress and is throwing a tantrum like a baby.

AaronGuzman on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

what did Obama say about toning down the debate?

rob verdi on September 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I think his precise quote was “I won.”

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

You’re a fu*king GENIUS.

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Fine, not ACORN… whichever lefty group is paying you to troll here, ask for more money from them.

If you’re not a paid troll, then you have the option to ignore the thread (or site, even). Unless you’d rather whine some more.

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

this guy looks like a greasy skunk

blatantblue on September 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Wait, which Republicans sponsored a bill that said “Die quickly”? I want names.

Otherwise, methinks this fellow is a liar.

stevezilla on September 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

We only want Marxist Liberals to die quickly(Figuratively or Literally), I don’t care…………

I’ve had enough of these sleeze bags trying to force feed me this $H1T Sammich by calling it every thing but what it is…. after re-configuration and a different name it’s still a $H1T Sammich!

If they wanted to fix health care they’d -
a) Initiate interstate competition
b) Encourage HSA’s
c) Tort Reform
d) Band-Aids & Bus tickets for Illegals!
e) Eliminate exclusions for pre-existing conditions

THERE!

NOW FIX IT!

geeezzzz!

rabidamerican on September 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

He’s got trial lawyer written all over him.

13blackcats on September 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

He is a trial lawyer.
He’s a fat sack of crap from Virginia.
He made his millions the same way John Edwards did.
But, for the life of me, I can’t see a jury giving this a$$hole any credence whatsoever.

Lanceman on September 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

The party of abortion, euthanasia and screwing Israel says what?

MikeZero on September 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Leave him alone. There’s nothing genuine about his outrage, he’s an obscure little man from Florida who’s working a publicity whore gig. He saw the kind of money Wilson raked in and he’s hoping for some money and attention of his own.

obladioblada on September 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

they die just because they have no health insurance?

that’s a crazy statement.

i would assume that people die because they don’t take care of themselves, smoke, eat lard, etc. don’t go to the doctor regularly, and even if they do they won’t follow medical advice. then they probably get sick and die or die in car accidents, freak accidents, natural causes, etc, etc, etc, etc.

but dying just because one doesn’t have health insurance is sorta crazy sounding to me. sometimes people die because it’s time for them to die & all the medical care in the world isn’t going to save them.

people who aren’t active in their own medical care will even choose to be inactive when the care if free because some people just don’t like going to the Doctor.

poppieseeds on September 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

“Yeah if he had said something about death panels and killing grandma you’d all be applauding him…Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM”

Dr…my dear Sir.

I can conceptualize a certain Beckian, Hannitwittian, slope to this “glide path”.

When “they” say it… it’s…“God’s last word”.

When Grayson says it… “May he burn in outrageous winger HELL…as the “devil’s most suggestive advocate”!

Yer werkin’ crosswise to reason…

Geezer on September 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

And what pray tell must we believe about the people of Florida who elected this ass-clown?

kens on September 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Correction…

“crosswise to [their] reason…”

Geezer on September 30, 2009 at 9:24 PM

kens on September 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM

“Right on, right on, right on…!”

Vote for Grayson, again…!

Geezer on September 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

He makes Frankin look civil.

Texyank on September 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I fail to see how the Republican plan is anything but “don’t get sick”. Republicans want free markets, no regulations and the like which necessarily leads to “don’t get sick”. A bit like car insurance: the best way to use it is NOT to get into a car accident, because once you do your premium can go through the roof, etc.

mycowardice on September 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM

This is classic liberal projection. Obama is the one who very blatantly b*tched that “80% of healthcare dollars go toward treating the chronically and terminally ill”.

Well, where the heck is the healthcare money supposed to go, if not to treat the sick?

LibTired on September 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Why coffins of course, silly.

larvcom on September 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

What a buffoon!

On behalf of sensible Central Floridians, I apologize for sending this carpet-bagging, ambulance chasing douchebag, waste of spermatazoa to the US Congress.

He spent millions of his own money to buy his seat and rode the coat tails of the “Hopenchange Express” with Obama carrying Orange County by 18 points. It didn’t huurt that his GOP incumbent Ric “Term Limits” Keller had all the warmth and charm of a pile of three day old dog vomit.

Here’s to Rep. Alan “One Term” Grayson!

Hey One Term, please grow the beard back and cover up some of that sorry looking puss.

JohnBG on September 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

mycowardice on September 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Have you ever wondered how some of the wonderful devices and drugs we take for granted nowadays came to be?

Consider the lowly MRI. When there was one MRI machine, it cost a lot to get an MRI, and they were OK but not very good. The builders took the money they got from their initial customers and built a newer and better MRI machine — which, incidentally, cost less to build. Run through a few spirals and you are where you are today.

Now, consider the same process in a system where the formulary and treatment reimbursements are decided by a central authority.

Had such a system been in place earlier, the MRI would have been stillborn — it would never have made it into the marketplace because nobody would have been permitted to get one.

The moment you go to the public option or the single-payer (both in the end are the same), you kill innovation, because there is no incentive for innovation.

What Republicans want is a fine-tuning of the system we have now which serves all of us fairly well. Denial of treatment is an anomaly, not normalcy, under the present system. It’s OK to address those anomalies, but not to kill what’s good and works now.

You need to read this before you go off spouting untrue Democratic speech bites.

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

So you are saying that the fact people are left without care is a needed evil to accomplish better MRI, etc?

Also, asking for fine tuning of our “socialist” (aka Medicare) and regulated system is a contradiction with true Republican values. Republicans should be pushing for the abolishment of Medicare and should definitely be ok with things like preexisting conditions, etc. Yet somehow you only want to fine tune the current system…

Finally, the argument that the public option will destroy innovation is totally false. The public option never prevents people from paying more out of pocket. If people can/want to afford cutting edge technology, no Democratic plan would prevent them from doing so.

mycowardice on September 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

The report cited by the Florida Congressman claims that lack of insurance results in 44,789 deaths per year in the US. Here is how the study achieved that conclusion:

1. Survey a sample group in 1988, ask at that time if the person is insured, and to rate their health, do not verify actual coverage at that time or at any other time during the study
2. Track the deaths of people in the sample group between 1988 and 2000
3. Attribute deaths to lack of insurance for everyone who at the time of the initial interview claimed to be uninsured dies for any reason over the subsequent 12 years

If on the day of the interview I was uninsured, but then was insured for the next 12 years without interruption, my death would be attributed to me being uninsured. How rigorous a study is that?! Someone needs to blow the whistle on this lame report that is sure to be waved around by the pro-healthcare takeover crowd in the weeks and months ahead.

in_awe on September 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

He’d be applauded because he’d be right. It was Obama who questioned the cost to society of sustaining his own grandmother who was diagnosed as having only a few more months to live, and who had hip replacement surgery anyway.

Obama didn’t pay for his grandmother’s surgery — we did, and if she hadn’t had the stroke that killed her, her quality of life would have been greatly improved.

Obama is questioning the correctness of that path, and it rightly unnerves us — particularly us grey people who are on the current cutting edge of decreased benefits from the current Congress.

Multiply the problems with Medicare Advantage by 1000 or more and you get what we are concerned about, Dave.

Aren’t you glad you have that nice Canadian health care system, with the nifty US safety valve? When the US system becomes like yours, where will the safety valve be on your system — in Cuba? Is that where the “medical brokers” vaunted in the article I linked send people?

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

malclave on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

His patron is the Whine House!

chickasaw42 on September 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

“…JohnBG on September 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM”
“…ambulance chasing douchebag, waste of spermatazoa to the US Congress.
“…It didn’t huurt that his GOP incumbent Ric “Term Limits” Keller had all the warmth and charm of a pile of three day old dog vomit.
“…Please, Central Florida GOP, give us some real Congressional candidates instead of the same old stale stuffed shirts.

WOW…Cleanup in…

“Central Florida GOP…Please… give us better than incumbent Ric “Term Limits” Keller [he] had all the warmth and charm of a pile of three day old dog vomit.

JohnBG…I gotta tell yeh man…yer gonna be a local GOP hero fore those remarks…!

Don’t let teh kids answer dah phone…!

Geezer on September 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Congressman Grayson–Next stop is the funny farm where you can play with pink unicorns. Capt Kangaroo and Mr Green Jeans are waiting for you there!

chickasaw42 on September 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Yes. New procedures cost a lot, and not everyone can afford them. By taking a “one size fits all” approach (aka “single payer” or “public option”), we guarantee that nobody will ever be able to afford a new procedure.

If you limit the compensation doctors receive, where’s the incentive for people to become doctors?

There is no place in this country where someone cannot get treatment. If they don’t have the money (are not on Medicare or some private plan) they just have to be prepared to either accept the kind of service that comes from not being able to pay (long triage times in the ER) or be ready to pay on installment.

It’s a great incentive to budget for medical care — unlike the Democratic poster children (the Frosts) who want their neighbors to pay for everything so they can have enhanced property ownership.

Also, asking for fine tuning of our “socialist” (aka Medicare) and regulated system is a contradiction with true Republican values. Republicans should be pushing for the abolishment of Medicare and should definitely be ok with things like preexisting conditions, etc. Yet somehow you only want to fine tune the current system.

This is just trash talking Republicans. The plan is linked to and you can see exactly where Republicans think the current system is broken and how they propose to fix it.

Republicans aren’t strictly libertarians. They are close, but not identical. If there is to be a Medicare, it needs to be flexible enough to work in tandem with what a patient is willing to pay extra to have done.

mycowardice on September 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Ok, you are right, but only after I get to pay my “Cadillac Tax” — which may well prevent me from getting the treatment I think I need anyway. The moment you charge me a tax on something I need to do, you raise the possibility that I may not be able to do it. If the “cadillac tax” is high enough, it will stifle my opportunities — and, since the proposition is to cover medical care for all via a “cadillac tax”, it’s sure looking like a certainty to me.

Let me put it to you this way, mycowardice — I’d like you to pay for your medical care, and me for mine. Any other method is theft.

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

uncle…I’m a seventy-one year olde geezer on Medicare and as an olde Army vet I’m also in the VA medical program.

What’s not too like about it?

As an olde Sergeant I’m treated like a General at the “VA”…!

Never was treated so fine when I was on active duty…!

The fine folks at my local rural medical clinic treat me like a good neighbor, with respect to my Medicare!

What’s yer beef…?

Geezer on September 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

“we should care about Americans even after they’re born.”

But not before they’re born, right moron? How many people do you think would die every year if your mindless socialist plan were implemented? I guarantee you it would be a lot more than the 44,000 number your liberal cohorts pulled out of their collective anuses. Now I have blood shooting out of my eyes….

Livefreeordie on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Livefreeordie on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Is this “off topic”…?

Geezer on September 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM

As a Floridian, I’m embarrased.

vcferlita on September 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM

That must take a lot.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM

That must take a lot.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM

look–the Troll is Droll

ignorant and creepy and still Seeking Abuse, but droll

Grayson sounds a lot like you, crap6. A lot

Janos Hunyadi on October 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

A gay Jew Democrat with a bad hairpiece making light of the holocaust to score cheap political points?

And yet I am not shocked by it.

David2.0 on October 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Nuthin’ like trivializing the Holocaust to make people love ya.

Army Brat on October 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Will Keith Olbermann make him the “WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD?”

No! He’ll make him the best person in the world today. Oh yes there’s a holocaust I’m seeing people die in the streets because they can’t see a doctor. (SARCASM) Anybody who wants to see a doctor SEES ONE IN THIS COUNTRY. It’s the payment that’s the problem that we need to work on.

One group of Americans PAY for their Healthcare others are FREELOADERS! Or cannot pay. The problem with Healthcare in America is how EXPENSIVE it is. Work on that.

rednebulastudios on October 1, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Did this guy escape from a experimental ride at the Orlando, Florida Disney World?

Or is he a bizarre political figure from a Tim Dorsey Floride-based novel – someone that character Serge partners with or destroys or both.

albill on October 1, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Liar and hypocrite, Grayson.

Wanting people to “die quickly”, Obama’s Gamaliel celebrates the death of something alive and kicking, burying it alive.

Obama’s own community organization (yes, the other one) celebrates the death of the finest health service in the world that America offers, New Orleans style funeral, burying something alive. This reference to New Orleans style funeral spurs memories of hoards ignoring the President’s advise to leave the city in buses and evacuate because Katrina was on its way, and then the subsequent ugly rumors of cannibalism out of necessity from these same New Orleans folk.

“We are honored and blessed by the connection between Barack and Gamaliel.” Read their proclamation published while community organizer Obama was yet President elect (highlights added to text).

Gamaliel and the Barack Obama Connection
by Gregory A. Galluzzo

President elect Barack Obama has throughout his political career made repeated references to his time as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago. It is important that we all understand the connection between Barack and Gamaliel. In l980 Mary Gonzales and I created the United Neighborhood Organization of Chicago.

In l982 we decided that we needed some expertise from someone who had done faith based community organizing. A person who had worked as such an organizer in Illinois and in Pennsylvania approached me about joining our organizing team. His name was Jerry Kellman. Jerry helped Mary and myself become better organizers. While he was working for us, he connected with a group called the Calumet Community Religious Conference (CCRC) operating on the South Side in the South Suburbs of Chicago, and in Indiana. CCRC had been formed in response to the massive shut down of major industry and the resulting job loss and all of the concomitant social tragedies.

Jerry and I reached an understanding that we would support his work in the South Suburbs so that he could become director of his own project. It was Jerry Kellman who put an ad in the New York Times about an organizing position in the Chicago area. Barack responded; Jerry interviewed him and offered him a position. Barack accepted. Almost at this very time, Jerry propositioned an old friend of his to return to Chicago from Texas and work with him in this new organizing venture. His friend was Mike Kruglik. Mike and Jerry were the first mentors of Barack in organizing.

CCRC, which spanned communities in Northwest Indiana, the South Suburbs and parts of the City of Chicago proved to be unwieldy. Jerry and I decided to split it into three parts. Barack would work to found a new independent project in the South side of Chicago, Mike Kruglik would be the director of the South Suburban Action Conference and Jerry Kellman would develop organizing in Northwest Indiana. At that point Jerry asked me to become Barack’s consultant.

And at this time we were just creating the Gamaliel Foundation. I met with Barack on a regular basis as he incorporated the Developing Communities Project, as he moved the organization into action and as he developed the leadership structure for the organization. He would write beautiful and brilliant weekly reports about his work and the people he was engaging.

When Barack decided to go to Harvard Law School, he approached John McKnight, a professor at Northwestern and a Gamaliel Board member for a letter of recommendation. When Barack was leaving he made sure that Gamaliel was the formal consultant to the organization that he had created and to the staff that he had hired.

Barack has acknowledged publicly that he had been the director of a Gamaliel affiliate. He has supported Gamaliel throughout the years by conducting training both at the National Leadership Training events and at the African American Leadership Commission. He has also attended our public meetings.

We are honored and blessed by the connection between Barack and Gamaliel.

maverick muse on October 1, 2009 at 8:02 AM

To those of you who will die awaiting Government-rationed healthcare, don’t hold your breath standing by for Rep. Greyson’s (Grayson, Grease-on….whatever) apology. Soon it will be time to say buh-bye to this one-term wonder. Oh Alan, we hardly knew ye!

olesparkie on October 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

CAN HE APOLOGIZE TO THE 45 MILLION THAT THE DEMS HAVE “KILLED” BY THEIR SUPPORT OF ABORTION AND PLANNED PARENTHOOD?

Anyone want to call his office that lives in his district and ask this guy that question?

Joe Wilson him!!!!

PappyD61 on October 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I hope there’s a camera nearby every time he opens his mouth. He’s doing more for the GOP than Steele ever could.

John Deaux on October 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM

The more this guy speaks, the more the moderates and independants walk away from the Democratic party.

Pass the popcorn.

MarkTheGreat on October 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Give him the biggest soap box he can stand on, slap a “Democrat Plan” sticker on it and let him shout.

shick on October 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM