Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Palin’s choice of Vincent suggests that hers will be, emphatically, a partisan tract. And it is of a piece with a post-election posture in which the nation’s most intensely popular, and most intensely unpopular, Republican has chosen to deepen her bond with her base at the cost of antipathy from the independent voters who decide presidential elections.

‘Sarah Palin is not a Washington person – that’s her whole schtick – so she’s not going to get some inside the Beltway writer,’ said Sara Nelson, a longtime publishing industry watcher who is books editor of Oprah Winfrey’s Magazine, ‘O.’

‘The success of this book will rise and fall on who much it appeals to the Christian right,’ Nelson said.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

What about the missile defense shield in Poland? What did Obama get from Putin?

entropent on October 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

What he was looking for…the Communist Manifesto.

njpat on October 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

^ From a Reuters story:

Shortly after the pullback on the shield programme was announced, Russia’s government said Prime Minister Vladimir Putin would meet several U.S. executives on Friday from firms including General Electric, Morgan Stanley as well as TPG, one of the world’s largest private equity firms…

There ya go.

ddrintn on October 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Respiratory carbon footprint?

Ronnie on October 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Adult beverage all over keyboard…. thanks, Ronnie!

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

97% sodium hypochlorite won’t clean those images from my mind….

Wrong…. Just plain wrong.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

ddrintn on October 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I’d rather not believe he sold out all of Eastern Europe, and dismantled our early reaction option for the sake of GE, but you are probably right.

entropent on October 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I can smell AP’s fear. I’m sorry, but it smells just like Behar’s fear.

What if you’re wrong? What if the Couric interview was just what it looked like, a bad interview? What if she’s really and truly the real deal? Trivialize what you think you can, but she’s not going away.

She smells the fear too. Think of her as a political predator, with two years to feed before it counts. And all the damage that can be done to her is already been spent.

applebutter on October 1, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Never understood why Palin walked away from her only significant executive experience. Are people really going to vote for her based solely on her personality? Isn’t that kind of thinking exactly what gave us Obama? No thanks.

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

As as been seen numerous times Palin does not need a title to bring change. If you don’t understand the reasons for resiging a far away post where she was trpped by the liberals into sitting down and shutting up I don’t know how to explain it to you.

When in a no win siitution with enemies on the left of you and enemies on the right. with your rear gurad under fire and your base under attack there is only one thing to do attack.

unseen on October 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

unseen on October 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

What would Chesty say?

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

I read Palin’s last speach… the one over in China…

She gets it… and shes the only politician who seems to see the absolute ANGER out here in most of America.

I’ve been saying it for months now, the next TWO election cycles are all about the people of America, against the Washington/Party insiders.

How that will play out will be interesting, but Palin is the only one positioning herself to run as an outside the Beltway politician….

Romeo13 on October 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM

You can really see how the SRM’s marching orders are to portray Sarah as an extremist evangelical.

Won’t work because she has plenty of time to show America the real Sarah, and the book will do some towards that.

She’s half libertarian and half conservative and she’ll win because the fiscons and libertarians, over half of who are independents will vote for her.

Obama’s weakness on foreign policy will do the rest.

Sapwolf on October 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

What would Chesty say?

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Chesty would say “Message to Garcia”

alohapundit on October 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Futher; I strongly suspect that this book will be far more moderate in tone and fare more revealing in nature than we are being led to believe. IOW, not a hyperpartisan tract at all, but a call to arms from the outside as well as a revealing personal history, much like Grant’s autobiography.

victor82 on September 30, 2009 at 11:48 PM

A fantastic autobio from an awful president. Maybe Obama has a decent book in him yet.

tuffy on October 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Is Olbermann going to be sold?

d1carter on October 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM

MB4 Yarrrr!

God, I love that you’re back!

alohapundit on October 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM

tuffy on October 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Arrangements are being made even now to secure Bill Ayers to ghostwrite.

applebutter on October 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

What would Chesty say?

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

He’d say, “The bulldog’s name is Jiggs. Why’d y’all let some PR broad change it to Chesty!?!”

tuffy on October 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

As I recall, the caller on Rush’s show today, Susan, is a mother of 7. After listening to her speech, I think it is a safe to bet to say in 9 months, she will be promoted by God to a mother of 8. ;)

TQM38a on October 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM

alohapundit on October 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I agree with Rush and Levin on that point. Wasn’t expressing shock or outrage.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM
unseen on October 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

On the first comment, she didn’t walk away, she quit. No statement can refute that fact.
On the second comment, I guess based on perspective of either facing north or south, Canana is going to be one of those enemies. A very treacherous region there in Alaska, with Canada on one side and Russia just a stones throw away, and or visible from ones house.

disillusioned on October 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

ChickaBOOMer: Not Jumping For Joy

StewartIII on October 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

I agree with Rush and Levin on that point. Wasn’t expressing shock or outrage.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

So do I, to an extent: except that if the “right” third party candidate ran, and Rush, Levin and Beck all threw their support behind him/her, (and assuming the D and R candidates both suck, like they have in recent elections), then I don’t think the Perot-factor is valid any longer. So in that respect I think both sides are right.

Next time the Perot-factor might win in a Reaganesque landslide…. or, unfortunately, the RINO Republican might be the Perot-factor enabling a Democrat win.

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Is Olbermann going to be sold?

d1carter on October 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM

How great would that be if that sale was legit? Does that mean GE is giving up on using NBC News/MSNBC as a propaganda tool for the Obama administration?

Doughboy on October 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

…The RINO acting as a spoiler for a stronger third party conservative ticket.

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

She is an A-Whole….um Joy I mean.

RobCon on October 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM

disillusioned on October 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Ha! You made a ‘Palin is stoopid” joke! I see what you did there!

And, yeah, she quit her job. I really don’t care.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM

And we just elected someone with no experience and a winning personality……

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM

…..according to millions of kool-aid drinkers, hopium smokers, and various other world class suckers.

I’d take Palin’s inexperience and so-called lack of intellect any day over anything our current President has to offer. His only experience is as a ghetto rable rouser and front man for the vast left wing conspiracy. The main difference between the two is that one is a genuine decent person, the other is a genuine lying piece of scrap.

Gang-of-One on October 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Problem with the Perot-type situation: Would it hurt Republicans downticket? If the third party candidate was elected, would he necessarily have a congress amenable to his agenda?

darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I’m told she’s gracefully when she walks
But sometimes stumbles when she talks
Is she a dolt? No, she’s very deep!
Oh, Obama will soon be losing sleep!

Is she slow or sleek?
Enlightened or a geek?
I hear she’s steely as you please
I hear she’s really Japanese
She may be shrewd
She may be crude
Ah well, one thing is easy to foretell
She’s going to give Obama bloody Hell!

PercyB on October 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Simple adjustments.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Really good simple adjustments.

Gang-of-One on October 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I guess it depends on how RINOfied the Republican party is at the time.

…or is the correct word: RINOfericated?

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

…or is the correct word: RINOfericated?

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I’m not sure. Too bad William Safire isn’t around to determine that for us. :(

darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:08 AM

…RINOserificated?

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I guess it depends on how RINOfied the Republican party is at the time.

…or is the correct word: RINOfericated?

FloatingRock on October 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I think RINOed would work just fine.

Kind of like screwed…which is what we’ll be if we don’t clean house.

powerpro on October 1, 2009 at 1:20 AM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

No. If she runs those that vote for her will vote for her because they have the same values as she does, and because they are confident in her abilities and character. Personality and character are two different things. Think Obama.

Why not just stop with the cult of personality thing. It’s bogus.

Gang-of-One on October 1, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Joy needs to learn that the first rule of having a talk show is to let your guest speak…Coulter ws restrained with her.

So Joy just makes the pronouncement that Sarah Plain can’t construct a coherent sentence yet her Convention speech is one of the best there ever was. her Evansville speech was the most heartfelt and compelling ever given on pro life and her Hong Kong speech was rational, thorough and grabbed the essense of what Americans are feeling…all 3 outright successes…Yeah Joy, she’s not coherent. How crazy has the Hatefilled Left become…really

CCRWM on October 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Ha! You made a ‘Palin is stoopid” joke! I see what you did there!
And, yeah, she quit her job. I really don’t care.
darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I only stated a fact on the first comment. As with the firt comment, actions speak louder than word, but in the latter case words speak louder than actions. The comment was not meant to be a joke. As referenced though thread comments tonight, I’m not a fan of Palin, nor Huck, nor Romney, nor Paul, nor Beck, nor Ann Coulter. There’s been reference to a third party movement in comments tonight that I don’t agree with either. This logic pretty much concedes a loss in 2012. Maybe a building block for congress though in 2010, but not a long time solution. It would be pretty much far fetched to believe that the GOP won’t regain one, if not two, majorities in congress. For Palin as a presidential candidate, this is much like thinking that iron sulphide is gold.

disillusioned on October 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM

disillusioned on October 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM

I see. Well, to say

she didn’t walk away, she quit. No statement can refute that fact.

struck me as an unnecessarily emphatic response to an innocuous, vague statement. It comes across as peevish and petty.

I have no problem with Palin maintaining an active role in politics. She’s not done the best job with media performance, but she has good conservative instincts as far as I can tell.

Would you describe yourself as a moderate due to your disagreements with various and sundry members of the right?

darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

CCRWM on October 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM

The only reason they gave Joy a show is so she can spout off at the mouth.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Now that I have the Behar bashing out of my system, (it was good) I’m searching for some HA smarts. Lots of that here.

I was, and still am reticent about trying to ask any substantive question here about Palin… (I get images of Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver negotiating the smashers in Galaxy Quest)

Hostile trolls are easily ignored (have yet to pick a snit with one here for fun… YET)…. but Management?

Just kidding, Allah…. I think.

Cuda is just the front edge of a 2010 storm that is going to take down incumbents on both sides. (mostly Dems) So be it. (just a litle Jason Bourne-ism, there) Torches, pitchforks… then the broom.

Conservatives, not “Republicans” will gain. Many RINO survivors will try to “get Religion”. Heh. And be watched like a field mouse with a Peregrine Falcon circling overhead.

I really do see Sarah or someone like her winning the WH in 2012 if what’s left “The RINO Party” pulls it’s collective head out of it’s Beltway oriented ass; Then opens it’s eyes and sees how to tack into the American wind that is freshening into a Hurricane. (I’ll trust their self-interest till we un-elect them, too.)

Blathered much to ask one question.

Running mate, if it comes to that?

I seriously suspect John Bolton. No S**T.

Fire away.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Palin could be a muslim dressed in a burga from head to toe and I’d still support her. It’s her philosophy, it’s her adherence to the Constitution, it’s her experience in governing, it’s her down to earth Americanism. But seriously, being a muslim would be pushing it.

Piss and Vinegar douche bag Behar’s incoherent show will last as long as she has people like Coulter across the table from her ugly mug. So count how many incoherent guests appear against the one coherent guest like Coulter, 20 to 1 ratio my guess. Which will make the popularity of Behar’s show about as popular as Anderson Cooper.

Maybe Beher should rename her show “Just Shoot Me Now”

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Running mate, if it comes to that?

I seriously suspect John Bolton. Lynn Cheney

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Palin Cheney 2012

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

The statement was true, but maybe spun in a somewhat smarmy manner.

I have no problem with Palin maintaining an active role in politics.

Agree. She’s shot herself in the foot before, but if she can bring in supporters this may be an no lose scenario, given that the support out weighs the opposition to her.

Moderate is too subjective to interpretation I’m not
sure what a reference point would be here.

I’ll have to say goodnight though with this post.

disillusioned on October 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Palin Cheney 2012

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

PHEW…. WOW…..

I could definitely live with that ticket.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they wouldn’t be a landslide after an extra strong taste of Socialism.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Riding the Chinook Wind of 2010…. It could work.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM

disillusioned on October 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM

There’s more than enough conservatives in flyover country that are now paying attention to so called blue blood country club cocktail toting conservative snobs bashing Palin at every attempt. From Krauthammer to Frum, from Noonan to Parker. We don’t have short attention spans.

As Rush Limbaugh is fond of telling us, “The Left will tell us who they Fear

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I could definitely live with that ticket.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM

I want to promote it.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Palin Cheney 2012

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Guess you nailed the “or someone like her” thingy!

You ROCK!

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 2:17 AM

I want to promote it.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:17 AM

I’d ride that Train…. I respect the hell out of both of them.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM

As for short term memory. Ronaldus Magnus was vilified as a war monger and a kook. And he was one of the greatest presidents of our time.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I’ll never vote for a moderate. Look at McCain and how he and other ‘moderates’ keep trashing Conservatives. Vote for that? Right. Right.

SilentWatcher on October 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM

I’d ride that Train…. I respect the hell out of both of them.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 2:21 AM

When I look into the field of possibilities, I like these two the most. They have the best qualifications.

There are others like Jim Inhofe, that are equally qualified, but I want a cleaner like Palin. What she did in Alaska to clean the GOP was nothing more than breath taking. Cheney is an intellectual powerhouse, like her father.

The howls from the left, the state run media, would be deafening.

I believe Palin and Cheney could would be the right formula for fixing the GOP and America’s socialist problem.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

I’ll never vote for a moderate.

SilentWatcher on October 1, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Quite Correct. This is why the GOP is in such trouble. There are too many saying that we have to be more “Progressive”. We have to be more open to other points of view. We have to change. Poppycock.

Liberal Infiltration into our party has nearly destroyed it. It has lost the country’s moral compass. We need people that will not bend their values to get votes. Will we win? Not always. But We will keep our values, albeit. It is the measure of anyone’s self worth to be true to their values.

Without it, what use are you? How can you possibly lead others if you cannot maintain your own moral compass?

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:46 AM

I’m really fine with Palin not running in 2012 to tell the truth. I love the ‘cuda as much as the next HA commenter, but she has huge negatives as far as the public perception of her. Palin’s a punchline to much of the nation. That’s unfortunate, but true. So, I’m gonna have to say:

Cheney Cheney 2012.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 2:53 AM

but she has huge negatives as far as the public perception of her.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 2:53 AM

And what are the negatives? Is that the lefts point of view?
Can anyone list Palin Negatives?

She hasn’t sold book one and yet she tops the charts.

Where’s the beef negatives?

Let’s do some math. Negatives. Real or Imaginary?

The negatives are the lefts opinion, not the conservative opinion. Don’t let the lefts opinion bleeding heart corrupt you into believing what the current snake oil salesman in office would have your believe.

What Negatives. List ONE. That makes sense…. think carefully before you submit comment.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 3:11 AM

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 3:11 AM

The negatives are:

Everyone remembers the Tina Fey parodies and thinks that’s Palin.

Most people’s exposure to the news is through the MSM, which doesn’t like Palin.

She has high negatives in polls. AP has posted those as comment bait numerous times.

She quit the governorship, which can be spun. I don’t care what the reasons were, it looked bad.

She’s screwed up the two interviews. That was bad.

She let her daughter date a complete asshat.

Most people don’t have a favorable impression of her, thus she has to work harder to overcome people’s instinct to dismiss her out of hand. Which people? Moderates who aren’t politically savvy.

And the accent is annoying.

Plus people who wear glasses are dumb.

I don’t want to get in a big debate with a die hard Palin supporter. Sheesh. Go Sarah. Rah rah sisboombah.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Hmm

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 3:11 AM

I wrote a reply, but it wasn’t posted. Looks like due to some epithets about Levi Johnson, my comment needs to be “moderated.”

Look, I’m talking about actual problems Palin is going to have to overcome. Her public image isn’t terrific. Book sales show she’s wildly popular with a very energetic base. Fine. That doesn’t change the fact that her interviews during the campaign were train wreaks. Her resignation from the governorship came across as abrupt and, in my view, was a bad idea. Yeah, I know the whole legal challenge thing.

There.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

The howls from the left, the state run media, would be deafening.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Howls?… Sarah can handle that. From the Helicopter.

But your point is well made.

We will be scoffed at, but that type of ticket WILL win 2012. The People are finally pissed and letting it be heard.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Can you just imagine the inferences that would be drawn between Bush/Cheney and Palin/Cheney?

Darth Lynn being the brains behind Sarah… lol

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:35 AM

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Just don’t assume “people are upset, Palin is not Obama, ergo she’s unstoppable.” She has work to do.

If I could appoint a replacement for Obama right now, I don’t think I would necessarily pick Palin.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:35 AM

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Cheney Cheney 2012.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:36 AM

They would make a fantastic pair of LEADERS

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Cheney Cheney 2012.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:36 AM

I didn’t automatically pick Sarah, as much as I like her. I assume by Cheney/Cheney you mean Dick and Lynn. Can’t argue that much.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:40 AM

I did say “or someone like her”

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:41 AM

I want someone who can re-enegize the Right, and hand the deadwood RINO’s their asses…. whether it is Sarah, or not

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:43 AM

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Yep. With tongue only partly planted in cheek (Cause Dick Cheeny ain’t gonna run for President. The man is retiiired and seems content there).

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Her public image isn’t terrific.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Give us an example. Gotcha media… not gonna play here.

Give us an example of merit. Something tangible to either her accomplishments or lack there of.

I have heard this all before, but there has not been any proof comparison. Let’s put this at a level to which we both can relatively agree upon.

Use the current quash of 2012 wantabees as your metric of comparative qualities. Compared to who’s negatives?

On this hand, I have Palin, on the other, I have Romney, McCain, Palenty, et al… the math does not work out in favor of anyone else, but Palin.

I want just one, just one rational, cohesive reason, to explain Palins negatives…. Just One.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Her public image isn’t terrific.

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

OBTW; Which Public are we talking about?

Joy Behar’s public?

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 3:54 AM

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Please don’t bring scumbags into the discussion.

This is about Palin and her ability to lead a nation. Compared to what we have now, I’d say positives out way the negatives, by a huge margin.

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Sarah is what we have… as well as what the American people want, if we have the wit to see it. and I do catch myself falling into a certain “mentality” about her and the “right”

Like it or not, she has come on the scene like a Saturn V Booster… and she will not be be shot down.

Not sure how to thank Mc Cain for that… after using, putting her into a cannot say no position, pissing on, then blaming her for his bad campaign.

He used up what questionable (center gets elected) RINO credibility he had. God Bless him, and what he went through… but I want to grab his collar and say “WTF, JOHN?” “You forgot the 6 P’s… Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.” “You screwed not just yourself, but a shiny young Conservative Governor, as well… Congrats. Proud of yourself?”

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 4:13 AM

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Trainwrecks…. really….

Never has any person entering the political arena has been vilified as much as Palin has since Ronaldus Magnus. This time the left went after her children. This time they, the left, crossed the line. Their children, the letf’s children, are fair game now as far as I’m concerned.

That includes colonoscopy journalist and tax cheating Czars, whore mongering Massachusetts senators and California pignose representatives. They have demonized us for far too long and I am fighting back against this injustice.

Civility ended with Kennedy .

Now, scumbags like Alan Grayson (D) accuse Republicans of being the party of Death. When this idiot wants to allow abortion and illegals into the health care system.

And Palin has negatives….. how so?

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 4:25 AM

darii on October 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM

If your compare Palin response to questions like that of any other politician…. I don’t see any apparent comparison relevant to the ability to lead the country.

I have, and continue to have questions about the current TOTUS.

If you want to discuss negatives…. let’s discuss negatives

Kini on October 1, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Obama isn’t failing because he’s inexperienced, although he certainly is inexperienced and particularly compared with Palin. He’s failing because he’s either 1) an incomptent moron whose strings are being manipulated by George Soros et. al., OR 2) he knows exactly what he’s doing and has set out on a course to destroy the American way of life as we know it. Neither one of those possibilities hinges on his experience. Ergo, experience or lack thereof will be secondary in my decision to vote for Sarah in 2012. Her gut-level commitment to libertarian conservatism is what will guarantee her my support.

NoLeftTurn on October 1, 2009 at 4:49 AM

How can a woman named Joy be so utterly devoid of it?

Jim Treacher on September 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Treacher did it again. Thread winner.

Geochelone on October 1, 2009 at 4:54 AM

about Palin’s experience: she doesn’t need as much of it to govern effectively as do most of our political class today. Big-government types rely on the government to solve everything, so experience with crafting legislation and back-room deals, etc., really matters. By all appearances, Palin is not this kind of politician. Not that she’d ever be so shallow, but hers is a position that could truly be defended by “judgement”; i.e. she knows what the government is supposed to do, will know how to distinguish those rare times when government involvement is likely to yield dividends towards a positive outcome. . .and is going to keep the clumsy bureaucracy out of the way for all other matters!

If she (or anyone else) does it eloquently enough, a “the government is NOT the answer” platform could really have legs in 2012.

johnny alpha on October 1, 2009 at 5:26 AM

After 3 more years of Obama, America would vote Polanski for President. Palin will have no trouble at all.

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 5:34 AM

If Palin isn’t coherent, yet I understand her perfectly fine, does that make me like a super genius or something? Or maybe Behar has trouble understanding Palin because Behar’s head is so far up Obama’s butt that she can see his small intestine.

jimmy2shoes on October 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM

I think Palin appeals to more people than just the Christian Right. I think her appeal for a lot of people lies in the fact that she seems like a sincere and honest person. You don’t see that in politics every day.

Terrye on October 1, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Sorry about the disjointed babble a bit earlier. The formula for which was a lack of sleep, bad headache, general orneriness and sciatica…. Add a couple Cocktails, and well…. there ya go.

Kinda lowers my threshhold for tolerating Palin Bashing. Especially from a worthless wench like Behar.

paragon27x on October 1, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Speaking of clothes- does Michelle Obama still wear GAP? She made one big issue out of it during the campaign.

drjohn on October 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM

I’d like to see Sarah visit Behar and chew Behar, but I doubt Behar would let her finish a sentence.

drjohn on October 1, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Seriously, is there no other way to get a video of Ann without having to endure that insufferable hag Behar?

csdeven on October 1, 2009 at 7:02 AM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Palin had more experience on her first coffee break as mayor of Wasilla than Obama had prior to being prez. You can’t understand why she would leave the governorship of the least populated state that is 5000 miles from DC? Try and think about it for a little longer, it might come to you.

angryed on October 1, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Terrye on October 1, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Of course that is true. But in NY/DC world, GOP = conservative and conservative = Christian Right. Funny since I consider myself very conservative and with the exception of weddings, I haven’t stepped foot inside a church in, uhmm, let’s see, never.

Let them think what they will.

angryed on October 1, 2009 at 7:07 AM

The same type of people that question Palin’s ability, on the right, due to endless lefty media propaganda, are the same type of people on the left that just voted in a “community organizer, with no experience, that they didn’t really know as President, and call him intelligent because the press says so.

In BOTH cases we’re talking idiots that can’t see the forest for the trees.

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 7:14 AM

I can’t stand Behar but that was a halfway decent conversation. Not everyone has to like Palin. Palin doesn’t stop for people who don’t like her. Bottom line. Behar is entitled to her poorly formed opinion. What Behar thinks of her makes zero difference to Palin’s success.

BrideOfRove on October 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Why would Ann Coulter give this bitter, no talent hag a ratings boost by appearing on her show?

ynot4tony2 on October 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Does anyone find it funny that Big Lib Behar needs a Mega Conservative on her show, in order to get people to watch it. The writing is on the wall with that.

Also, Behar the Ugly, against beautiful Coulter and Palin could almost be a fairytale of sorts. Behar is just a nasty, jealous woman, whose train left the station a long time ago, without her on it.

bloggless on October 1, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Don’t feed the moby/willfully ignorant

aikidoka on October 1, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Notice how just when Anne was going to debunk the accusation that Palin doesn’t allow reporters at her speaches (by pointing out that it was the chinese that didn’t allow it), Beher changed the subject.

DethMetalCookieMonst on October 1, 2009 at 7:59 AM

“Behar The Ugly” – I amuse myself.

bloggless on October 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Nothing will make me believe that Behar is not a mean, nasty person.

Mr. Grump on October 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I’m surprised and disappointed that Coulter was so reserved.

Maybe it would have been a “turnoff” to the viewers, but I think it would have been worth the risk to expose the drivel of Behar…something along the lines of, “if you think Palin is incoherent, what does that make Obama when he says [insert your example here]?”

Lockstein13 on October 1, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Joy who? Sarah Palin rocks.

dogsoldier on October 1, 2009 at 8:29 AM

“She snot coherent. Not a woid from that woman’s mouth can be undastood. She’s a huwa. A. HUWA.

…Bwaaahaaahaaahaahaa

ChipDWood on October 1, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I hope Behar’s show tanks….quickly.

kingsjester on October 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I love how all these Palin attacks on her book are by super partisan hacks from the other side.

Blake on October 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM

The racetrack is made up of and profitable because or the $2 dollar bets and the people who place them.

Said that to say: the unwashed redneck hillbilly gun loving people like me are really the majority and we support Sarah Palin!

Who really cares what some hag like Behar or Oprey say or think? Let them eat cake.

jarhead0311 on October 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM

this seems like a total waste of time. I suppose this is Ann’s job but she might just as well have been talking to a fence post. We’re not going to change these idiot lib’s and we should realize that and start tuning them out. Ignore them. The debates are over and unnecessary. And there’s so much work to be done trying to get the GOP in shape for 2010 and none of that work is getting done. DD

Darvin Dowdy on October 1, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Yawn.

This utterly lame Behar show quote is QOTD?

Why not Rush’s caller?

Norwegian on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

That’s a big AMEN, if the caller you’re referring to was on yesterday, 45 year old mother of 7, who, while on the verge of tears expressed outrage at what is happening to our country. The woman was extremely well spoken, and Rush let her go on for quite a while. I missed the end of the call, but was deeply impressed, and felt she spoke for many of us.

Sweet_Thang on October 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM