Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Palin’s choice of Vincent suggests that hers will be, emphatically, a partisan tract. And it is of a piece with a post-election posture in which the nation’s most intensely popular, and most intensely unpopular, Republican has chosen to deepen her bond with her base at the cost of antipathy from the independent voters who decide presidential elections.

‘Sarah Palin is not a Washington person – that’s her whole schtick – so she’s not going to get some inside the Beltway writer,’ said Sara Nelson, a longtime publishing industry watcher who is books editor of Oprah Winfrey’s Magazine, ‘O.’

‘The success of this book will rise and fall on who much it appeals to the Christian right,’ Nelson said.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

You know, for someone who totally doesn’t matter at all, Palin sure gets a lot of press.

UnderstandingisPower on September 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

who much?

notropis on September 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Wow, it is amazing how Palin drives the left nuts. For that reason alone I love her.

Mr. Joe on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

CJ has already put Vincent on his shite list…but then again who isn’t.

d1carter on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I don’t think that Oprah knows what she is talking about….

Anyone agree with me?

TimeTraveler on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Two Behar clips in one night during her first week, I guess we now know Allah’s ‘type’.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

The ‘Christian Right’ must be huge, because Sarah’s book is #1 48 days before release.

michaelo on September 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

kaanan on September 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Obama can sure construct a sentence. So much so that it looks like his books were ghostwritten.

AP, is the Behar show going to become a regular QOTD staple? Methinks the answer is yes.

darii on September 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

d1carter on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

What? Context?

darii on September 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

If Joy Behar has “signed a “Do Not Resuscitate” little piece of paper, and I wear it on my wrist”, may she choke on an olive tomorrow.

Marcus on September 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

As my wife puts it, the left would not care if Palin did not scare the daylights out of them. They reacted to her like they do Limbaugh, fear, loathing, and panic.

JIMV on September 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Joy brings up Sarah Palin last night, this morning, and tonight. Obsessed much?

lonestar1 on September 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Rush was right. The left and the State controlled Media will tell us exactly who they fear the most. We should listen and never nominate someone they want us to nominate again (McCain)

Palin/Barbour ’12 baby!

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Joy and the rest of the far left shake in their boots about Palin. The talons come out, but only their far left side even comes close to believing them.

jjjen on September 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Never understood why Palin walked away from her only significant executive experience. Are people really going to vote for her based solely on her personality? Isn’t that kind of thinking exactly what gave us Obama? No thanks.

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Note to Ann, it was an entry on her Facebook account not a tweet on Twitter. Don’t fall into the Tina Fey trap whereby actions of Sarah Palin are wrongly attributed.

At the rate it is going she will soon be up among the great American legends like Paul Bunyan.

Just A Grunt on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Behar is the beast…..

Anne is the brains…..

Sarah Palin,is an Army of One!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Wow, that interview was such a waste.

I’m surprised Coulter didn’t point out that the “death panels” was in reference to the bureaucrats that would dictate the rationing system. That’s a much stronger argument.

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

‘Sarah Palin is not a Washington person – that’s her whole schtick

“Schtick”? I thought one of the reasons she’s hated is the FACT that she’s not a “Washington person”. Now Obama as tax-cutting fake-preacher-sounding centrist — THAT was schtick.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Yawn.

This utterly lame Behar show quote is QOTD?

Why not Rush’s caller?

Norwegian on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Staggering stooopidity by the Left. They have ALL passed judgement (negative) on a book that is over a month from ANY of them being able to read! (and NONE will!)

Palin does indeed drive them NUTS! I will be ordering two copies tomorrow!

Sarah will help AMERICA in 2010…and thus herself in 2012!

Justrand on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

4 months then cancelled

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Palin scares the crap out of people on the left that I can’t stand (Behar, Letterman, Olbermann, the cast of SNL. Jon Stewart, McCain, Romney, Obama etc).
I say go for 2012 Sarah. She has conservatives on her side and she’ll win by a huge margin. Conservatism always wins BIG.

cubachi on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

thomasaur: Large and in-Charge,ahem hehe!!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

No more Joyless Behar clips please!

cubachi on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Kahane goes OFF.

John the Libertarian on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

The book appeals to me and I am not the Christian Right. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

myrenovations on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Are you going to push Bill Gates or Steve Jobs for president? They have loads more executive experience than most I can think of.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

There is something about the Joy Behar show that just makes me cringe. Oh yea, Joy Behar.

Ted Torgerson on September 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Large and in-Charge,ahem hehe!!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Big boned and big mouthed.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

The flurry of false ethics complaints put her $600,000 in the hole (she had to pay legal fees for her defense). She’s not rich, and if she’d stayed in office another 2 years the ethics charges would have continued and her personal debt would have swelled. Palin quit, in part, to avoid a personal debt which could have reached a few million dollars, and she’s now using the book and speaking engagements to pay off her legal debts.

joejm65 on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

News flash: Independents are breaking right these days.

John the Libertarian on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

“Did she ever return those clothes….”

With Billions missing in TARP and STIMULUS, Behar focuses on that old canard…?

Pure political propaganda for the Democrat party…

I hope Baher chokes on a ham sandwich while being forced to read Sarah’s book…

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I still think that AP’s comment earlier today that the left doesn’t fear Palin as much as they just plain love to hate her.

darii on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

No idea what Gates’ or Jobs’ politics are. I’m not pushing anyone for president. I don’t see anybody out there that has experience and gets it.

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Oh and I guess Bill Ayers is sort of like Obama’s typical white grandmother.

Christian Conservative on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

The women cannot construct a sentence.
-Behar.

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

So, the lady from Oprah, Inc. says Palin’s been alienating independents. Seems to me I read that Oprah’s lost a few of them lately from her audience …

chris999 on September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Why not Rush’s caller?

Norwegian on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

joejm65 on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Couldn’t she have set up a legal fund? Plenty of potential contributers in these forums.

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I thought Susan from Glendale, CA, the lady who phoned into Rush’s show today, would be the QOTD.

As for the Palin comments, who did they expect her to choose to help her write her book? A partisan liberal?

yogi41 on September 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Jindal/Barbour ’12!

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I hope Baher chokes on a ham sandwich while being forced to read Sarah’s book…

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Agreed, tho I would also like to see
Behar watch the Cuda take down a
grizzily bear,and make Behar a fur
coat as well!!hehe:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I don’t worship at the Oprah Altar so I have no idea who Nelson is and why I should care what she thinks? I take it she is the kind of person that lets a daytime hostess who host a gabfest pick her choice for President of the U.S.

Yeah that’s how I always pick a President/SARC

Dr Evil on September 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Lord, these people on the Left are ignorant.

Dear Sara Nelson (whose magazine I no longer read because its namesake sold out women everywhere when she became a shamless Obama shill during the primaries): This secular, libertarian conservative was among the first to pre-order Gov. Palin’s book on Amazon. You and your whack job liberal friends like that cow Joyless Behar keep telling yourselves she only appeals to the fringiest of the Christian right fringe. It will make it all that much easier for her to blow past your vaunted Dear Leader in 2012.

BTW, does anyone really believe that many Independent voters even know who the hell Lynn Vincent is? I certainly didn’t until I looked her up, nor do I care. I am pretty sure I represent the majority POV.

NoLeftTurn on September 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

yogi41 on September 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Me too. I’m sure about a hundred other people in addition to myself suggested as much on the tip line.

It would break from tradition, but it’s not too late, AP.

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

“Sarkozy thinks that President Obama, Biden,Pelosi,,Reid,Blarney Frank,Dodd,Kerry,Chavez,Castro,I’m-a-DJ-Mon, Behar sh**!–they’re all incredibly naive and grossly egotistical – so egotistical that no one can dent their naiveté.”

chickasaw42 on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Why not Rush’s caller?

Norwegian on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

+1000

Instead we get more bimbo talk from a major bimbo

Knucklehead on September 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Palin also commented that she was spending too much of her time dealing with her defense against the baseless charges instead of doing her job as Governor. There’s more to this than just the money…

joejm65 on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM

She cannot construct a sentence said by someone who cannot construct a sentence. Concerning Joy Bizarre, would do not resuscitate apply to today?

dthorny on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Here is the Rush Caller!

Rush also has the audio,free!

But I don`t know how to post it!:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM

+1000

Instead we get more bimbo talk from a major bimbo

Knucklehead on September 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM

DITTO!

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

She did set up a legal defense fund, which then drew another ethics complaint for accepting donations.

Ted Torgerson on September 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

yeah I was wrong about palin quitting the governorship…its turned out to be a good move..

right4life on September 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

The Rush caller should have been the QOTD. She was pure passion.

marmaran on September 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Doesn’t schtick imply some sort of gimmick? Palin isn’t a Washington person. It’s not a gimmick it is a point of view. One that partisan whores like Sara Nelson would be proclaiming as “refreshingly candid” were they to be originating from Cindy Sheehan (in her prime).

Sarah Palin has something to say from her vantage point outside of DC and the career political class that infests the city. John McCain, Teddy Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Newt Gingrich, et al have a completely different view on the world than Palin. Her “schtick” is that she was a social/Christian conservative outsider thrust into national prominence because the sputtering campaign of a social liberal/anti-Christian conservative RINO needed to mend fences with the folks he alienated when he thought he could win without them.

The story of the meteoric rise to national politics of Palin is interesting and worthy of a book. It’s not schtick it is a story people want to hear and not just the bitter Bible clingers of Sara Nelson’s world view.

I’m part of the Sarah Palin fan club (never was). She’s my kind of a Republican but I don’t think she’s got the credentials for the Presidency. Too little experience in foreign affairs and business. There is nothing wrong with being a hockey mom but one need look no further than the filthy liar in the White House to understand that some experience outside of politics is vital.

I want Palin to take on the role of king-maker. Let her start building a network by using her fame and popularity to get Republicans elected in key Congressional elections in 2010. Leverage that by championing certain issues as the GOP seeks it’s nominee in 2012 to ensure we get a Mitt not a McCain, get that Republican elected and then get a plum job to set herself up for high national office later on.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

NoLeftTurn on September 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I am an Independent who leans Libertarian. NO I don’t know who these people are? I know who Oprah is but I have never had any patience for the superficial daytime talkfest.

Dr Evil on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Why not Rush’s caller?

Norwegian on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

+ infinity

Ronnie on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Guys come on, give Allah a break. He’s not a Rush 24/7 subscriber so he was unable to acquire the audio soundbite.

Rush also has the audio,free!

But I don`t know how to post it!:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Benefit of the doubt man come on!!

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Thanks for the input, moby.

CPT. Charles on September 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Why not Rush’s caller?

Norwegian on September 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Sorry if it’s off-putting, but Rush’s caller was a drunken, blithering nitwit. I love Rush, but when he panders to crying, “the sky is falling” housewives he gives off a very unsettling Hannity vibe.

Jaibones on September 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I`m telling you,there are a lot of fed up,ready to roll and rumble Conservative women who are sick and tired and are
dam well ready to take America back!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Rush also has the audio,free!

But I don`t know how to post it!:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Audio of awesome Rush caller

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Large and in-Charge,ahem hehe!!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Big boned and big mouthed.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

thomasaur: I hope AP isn`t reading this,tee-hee:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I’m not a subscriber either, I listened to it for free on Rush’s website.

And thanks to whomever tipped me off.

Knucklehead on September 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Ted Torgerson on September 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I don’t dislike Palin, and I don’t want to dump on her. But if some stupid basement blogger filing baseless complaints can shake her loose, I am not so sure she can make it in the big leagues.

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Jaibones on September 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Which is about the exact opposite of my opinion of the call.

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I hope AP isn`t reading this,tee-hee:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Ah, he has sense of humor.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Rush also has the audio,free!

But I don`t know how to post it!:)

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Audio of awesome Rush caller

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM

FloatingRock: So excellent,I will open a new window and
listen inbetween comments,thank-you!!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Why would she be good enough to be in the role of kingmaker and not the candidate? If Mitt needs her to get elected, it speaks to a lot of deficiencies Mitt has in the “generating enthusiasm” department.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Knucklehead on September 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I repeat: Benefit of the doubt

;)

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Joy Behar:

“The woman (Sarah Palin) is not coherent. She cannot construct a sentence.”

Standard patter from the Far Left. Do these Leftist realize how stupid they sound?

It’s like claiming Audie Murphy, who received the Congressional Medal of Honor in WWII could not shoot straight.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Rush also has the audio,free!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Rush is also audio free! Sorry I couldn’t resist the comment.

I honestly think that one of the things that is keeping this nation from the worst excesses of the filthy coward in the White House is Rush Limbaugh. He is not the spokesman for the GOP or conservative movement but his three hours of analysis, discussion, and a few callers thrown in for entertainment influences national opinion because it presents a point of view you don’t get from the state-run media. Liberals hate that.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Actually I really enjoy the sparring twixt Joy and Ann. It’s so much more enjoyable than The View where it’s a bunch of voices shrieking all at once.

Sarjex on September 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

It wasn’t only complaints, it was lawsuits.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I was actually agreeing with Behar tonight when she was on Anderson Cooper slamming the celebrities supporting Roman Polanski. But then she tried to make a “cute” face and I was afraid my HDTV was going to short out its microprocessors.

(OK, now that Joy has had Ann Coulter on her Night No. 2 show, now what? If Joy doesn’t have conservatives on and just does interviews like Monday’s with Bette Midler, she sinks into the Olbermann/Maddow ratings purgatory; if she keeps having conservatives on, she’s more and more likely to head towards a breakdown, either on Headline News or in front of poor Elizabeth on The View. Neither option is particularly pretty.)

jon1979 on September 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I had to refocus on Behar; it looked kinda cooky without the Lite-Brite set of The Larry King Show.

Dire Straits on September 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I am Catholic and a recovering lefty tree hugger with economic conservative free market principles and I think Sarah is fabulous and I will be reading the book and would vote for her as VP again! These pundits dont have a CLUE!

ginaswo on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

A lefty I know dislikes Palin for the same reason they disliked Bush: a perceived lack of inteligence and a willingness to fight. Maybe many lefties do primarily fear Palin, but I’d not overlook other causes.

AnotherOpinion on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

CJ has already put Vincent on his shite list…but then again who isn’t.

d1carter on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

What? Context?

darii on September 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Because the ghostwriter wrote Donkey Cons with Stacy Mccain – Chuckie’s current windmill.

JeffWeimer on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I just have one question…does anyone else wonder if Joy Behar has a smelly tree dangling between her legs? Just a question.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Still… No juice. No power base. Just a lot of people who personally like her and probably the same amount of people that hate her. She can fund-raise, but other than that, I don’t see what she brings.

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

ginaswo on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Robin of Berkley from American Thinker is that thee?

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

AnotherOpinion on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Oh, they’ll say those are the reasons. They know she’s not stupid, unless they’re simply drooling O-bots spouting groupthink, ans they’re hopeless anyway. They would’nt concentrate so much hatred on someone they didn’t feel is a threat. It’s been that way ever since she was introduced. Non-stop.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

blockquote>has chosen to deepen her bond with her base at the cost of antipathy from the independent voters who decide presidential elections.
WRONG Palin has a following from Independents AND Democrats.

Joy Behar is a moron.

njpat on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

alohapundit on September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

It’s also been on YouTube since this afternoon, so it’s accessible to everyone.

yogi41 on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

BEHAR WON’T EVEN MAKE RE-RUN SEASON.

GarandFan on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

It’s rather unbelievable that the liberal media are so afraid of Palin that are trying to criticize and ruin her book even before it is published.

Well no it is not unbelievable, but it does show preemptive fear.

Dhuka on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Because she lacks a depth of experience for national office. Throughout history, the kingmakers were often more able than the one who actually wore the crown.

More importantly you missed by point. I’m suggesting Palin needs to use her fame and popularity now to start building a network of elected supporters and body of experience that makes her the hands-down candidate in some election past 2012. The underdog candidate who gets elected in 2010 because Palin attended a key rally will be on her side later on. The Clintons are masters at this.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Probably what Hillary was saying about Obama in 2007.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:17 PM

“Did she ever return those clothes….”

With Billions missing in TARP and STIMULUS, Behar focuses on that old canard…?

Pure political propaganda for the Democrat party…

I hope Baher chokes on a ham sandwich while being forced to read Sarah’s book…

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Miss Joy* has pettiness down to a fine art so far as anyone on the right is concerned… On Palin, she is beyond insane in her obvious hatred. I’ll bet if she were really cornered to explain why she hates Sarah… it would be an incoherent meltdown of the most bizarre kind.

RalphyBoy on September 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

If Joy-less has signed a living will stating “do not resuscitate”, why is she breathing?

jdkchem on September 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

BEHAR WON’T EVEN MAKE RE-RUN SEASON.

GarandFan on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

You mean that crap is current? What little I’ve seen led me to believe it is all re-runs from the bash-Bush years (and I’m not even sure if I mean the GWB or GHWB administrations).

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

It’s also been on YouTube since this afternoon, so it’s accessible to everyone.

yogi41 on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I thought the reason it wasn’t a blog topic earlier is because they were saving it for QOTD… Maybe AP forgot?

FloatingRock on September 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Is anyone making a huge deal about the collaborator of Sen. Kennedy’s book? Since Sen. Kennedy is unavailable for book tour interviews, is the ghost writer making those appearances?

Cindy Munford on September 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

entropent on September 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

There is a big following for Palin…from all over the political spectrum and all over the country.

njpat on September 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

You know, it’s not very nice for CNN to put Behar on the air like that. That poor woman has no idea she is making a fool of her self. Has CNN no shame?

jhffmn on September 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Allah,I’ve been reading this Blog for years now and I’ve come to the sincere conclusion about your opinion of Sarah Palin. You are a misogynist. Maybe just for Sarah Palin. And quite frankly your opinion on anything, is tripe, you bloviating ass hat. YOU don’t know/understand jack shit about… well pretty much anything.You just don’t ….get… IT… about anything. I think it’s time Michelle drop kicks your tukas to the proverbial curb,man. I know that’s tough for an egotistical jerk like you, but,well there it is. Michelle, Please???

G. on September 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

If she’s not “ready” in 2012, she won’t be “ready” in 2016 or 2020 either, no matter if she serves in the Senate or State Department or managing some hedge fund or anywhere else.

ddrintn on September 30, 2009 at 11:21 PM