Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on September 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Res ipsa loquitur:

• General Stanley McChrystal, 9/27/09: “I’ve talked to the President once since I’ve been on a VTC.”
  • LA Times, 6/28/09, on SEIU president Andy Stern’s relationship with White House: “Stern estimates he visits the White House once a week.”

I guess it all depends which war has a higher priority …

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Different commanders… Different priorities. You’ll love this if you haven’t already seen it.

Key West Reader on September 30, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Thank you for posting that. I hadn’t seen it before.

The deep respect, great caring, and admiration Bush consistently demonstrated to and for America’s military, whether active duty, wounded, retired or passed away, were some of his very finest moments.

This attitude is something I expect of all Americans, and especially our presidents. It disturbs me that some of us cannot bring ourselves to set aside political differences to honor our military. And when a president behaves in this manner, as the current one does, often even unable to even pay lip service for show purposes, as the current one too often seems unable to do, I question his patriotism.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM

I guess it all depends which war has a higher priority …

BO’s war is against the American people. plain. simple. truth.

jbh45 on September 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM

That Obama should be expected to utterly change strategy in an inherited war now eight years old in a matter of days is absurd.

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM

How do I love your strawmen? Let me count the ways.

I expect the CIC to pay due attention to his generals, and to make timely decisions in order to facilitate the possibility of an acceptable outcome.

Dithering is not leadership. Neither is kowtowing to Putin, Chavez, Mahmoud Dinnerjacket, etc., by the way.

I don’t pretend that his task is an easy one. It would be reassuring, however, if I thought that he cared at least as much about Afghanistan and our brave troops as he does about having his ass kissed in Copenhagen and glorifying his shxthole of a hometown.

Your “inherited war” tripe is lovely, and predictable. Let’s not forget his inherited “jail the uninsured” movement. Oh….wait. Nevermind.

Take off your rose-colored glasses and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 10:38 AM

(Sorry, Loxo, I couldn’t find a key for bagpipes on my coffee-drenched keyboard.)

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Bagpipes are always out of key.

What do they teach children in school these days?!

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM

What do they teach children in school these days?!

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Very little, it seems, besides unquestioned adoration of the Jug-eared One (PBUH).

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Mornin’ Lox!!!!

I’m having a nice cup of Maxwell House…heck with the Starbuck’s mop water…darned mop strings keep getting in between the large gap in my teeth anyway.

yoda on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Osama Bin Laden tells his thugs to take a three year R&R so there isn’t a chance they can screw up the good work being done for them in washington. If the good work continues,he may even elevate “the one ” to honorary second in command statis. With a complimentary cave included.

flyoverboy on September 30, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I pray for our brave military men and women fighting for our freedom. If power-hungry politicians are going to pull the rug out from under them, PLEASE bring them home first. If not, then take the gloves off them and let them do what they do better than any military on earth — fight and win the victory. The American Military has never lost a war. Only those high-and-mighty politicians who cut them off at the knees and forbid them to fight — they are the ones who have lost. And some of them (e.g. Harry Reid) declare it so before they do it!

Christian Conservative on September 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM

So, you’ve never gone to school either, I see.

Good job.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM
How do I love your strawmen? Let me count the ways.

Take off your rose-colored glasses and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 10:38 AM

I’m sorry, but you’re not saying that Obama started this war, are you? And “dithering?” What the hell was going on for the last seven years? This rock is still firmly around the previous neck.

As for communication with his generals, all you know is that he hasn’t been on the phone with McChrystal as often as you’d like. You have now idea how often he communicates with other brass nor can you explain how the war would be different or going better if the had McChrystal on speed dial.

And, finally, unless you’re blinded by partisan rancor, the trip to Copenhagen is no reflection whatsoever of concern he has for the wars. Presidents do more than one thing at a time.

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

keep dreaming. you’ll wake up in 2010.

jbh45 on September 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM

yoda on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 AM

This explains many things. I have noticed you moping around lately.

We’re all drinking Hopenchange Koolaid now. Just one cup, and all your troubles are over.

Let that be a lesson to you, young alien.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM

As I understand it: W used to visit the our War wounded in the evenings and on weekends – sans Press.

Has Obama ever done the same? With or without the Press.

UcantCme on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I’m sorry, but you’re not saying that Obama started this war, are you?

Yeah, that’s what I said. Obama started this war. Can’t you read?

I’m not even going to bother debunking this stupidity, because everyone who isn’t living in a cave understands the implications of the leaked McChrystal report.

Keep dripping the drivel; you’re living up to my expectations gloriously.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 11:14 AM

In the spirit of your last vomit:

I’m sorry, but you’re not saying that Bush should have sent Bin Laden a dozen roses, are you?

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Once. ONCE.

You have now idea how often he communicates with other brass

I have some idea…

Bleeds Blue*on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

It is a reflection of his sense of priorities and his sense of self-importance, among other things.

Presidents do more than one thing at a time.

Some better than others.

*nonpartisan handle

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

That is what should be expected. This President has yet to do one notable thing to completion. He just continues to campaign. That appears to be all he knows how to do, and apparently he feels he hasn’t even done that to completion.

Your expectations of him are set pretty low if you are happy with his accomplishments, to date.

Yoop on September 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Let me clarify your admission, because you’ve made a fascinating one.

President Obama got into office by promising that he had a plan for restoring America to what he considers its proper nature.

Let’s grant him that for the sake of argument. Let’s assume America needed to be “fixed.”

What you’re admitting is that Obama has performed a bait-and-switch. To the point, Obama’s position now is that America could only be fixed if George W. Bush hadn’t done the damage he did. And since President Bush’s errors can never be undone, President Obama’s plan to restore America was never really plausible to begin with.

In other words, you leftists are now revealing a presupposition you never told us about during the election, that a the success of Obama’s plan for America required that America was never broken in the first place?

You people are slippery. I’m glad you guys are having such a tough time. You need to be watched.

jeff_from_mpls on September 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Bleeds Blue on September 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

We’ve waited nine months for President Obama to accomplish one thing.

Could he please accomplish something tangible before you let him advance to multi-tasking?

And don’t just regurgitate the 3rd grade chant about how he’s accomplished the job of making us hope, mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

One specific accomplishment.

I dare you to say he ended the recession. I dare you.

jeff_from_mpls on September 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I dare you to say he ended the recession. I dare you.

jeff_from_mpls on September 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

jeff_from_mpls: “I dare you to say he ended the recession.”

Bleeds Blue: “mmm mmm mmm”

Yoop on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Bleeds Blue: “mmm mmm mmm”

Yoop on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM

He he he.

jeff_from_mpls on September 30, 2009 at 12:58 PM

[...]

Key West Reader on September 30, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I wept. I literally FiretrUCKing wept.

ExpressoBold on September 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Let that be a lesson to you, young alien.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Koolaid…at least we didn’t fall for that hype. I’ll stick with Maxwell House and the finest boxed wine and let the Libs have all of the Koolaid our cool President can pour out.
Hope you’re feeling better.

yoda on September 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM

, I question his patriotism.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM

RACIST.

Well said sir. And may God bless ALL our troops in harms way.

dthorny on October 1, 2009 at 7:54 AM

One specific accomplishment.

I dare you to say he ended the recession. I dare you.

jeff_from_mpls on September 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Lets see, he accomplished hope and then there is change. Bout it.

Nice post.