Michelle Obama: I know people say it was a sacrifice for me and Oprah to go to Copenhagen

posted at 8:23 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’m … pretty sure no one’s saying that.

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her “dear friend” and “chit-chat buddy” Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow’s visit by President Obama, is a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. “As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days,” the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, “so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home.”

What, just because you’re forced to accommodate Oprah’s giant ego and listen to The One deliver another droning speech and make kissyface with corrupt Olympic officials and field endless moronic questions about how you get your arms so toned and, um…

Actually, dude? That sounds horrible. I salute the First Lady for her noble sacrifice on our behalf.

Meanwhile, back in Chitown, a nascent “give the damned Olympics to Rio already” movement is brewing, replete with its very own website. Exit question: Who’s responsible in the White House’s eyes for stirring up this subversive anti-American sentiment? There can be only one answer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

UN. FUCKING. BELIEVABLE.

jukin on September 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM

She is as much as a twit as her husband.

Gothguy on September 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I think you misspelled that word.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

There can be only one answer.

I just visited that link. Not very Presidential at all. whitehouse.gov appears to have turned into a Democratic political hack site rather than a site for all Americans…

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I can’t believe that the White House has a blog page to refute Glen Beck (others I am sure). I want my president to think that idol chatter of pundits is beneath his notice. There are plenty of ways to counter misinformation without attaching the Office of the President to it. So tacky.

Cindy Munford on September 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

So tacky.

The only thing Obambi is good at…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I love how they attempt to duck the “Valerie Jarrett’s former company benefitting from the Olympics” coming to town charge by saying that she has divested EVERYTHING! LOL! Yeah, so did Cheney, but that never stopped the left from saying he was “giving money to Halliburton!”

JAM on September 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Michelle Antoinette.

“Let them eat Sacrifice!”

GunRunner on September 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

No Way!! SAT’s only go to 2400. Dude!

MikeA on September 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Sorry.
I used the wrong formula. It’s this:

MO’s SAT score= diameter of her A$$ (in inches) X pie.

justltl on September 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM

“When my baby smiles at me I go to Rio…”

JAM on September 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I believe SLC actually turned a profit after Romney cleaned up the mess. Course, Summer vs Winter Olympics really are different animals.

Sarjex on September 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Meanwhile in Afghanistan. . . .

jdkchem on September 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

The only ones who sacrificed were the taxpayers who paid for all the expensive, high carbon footprint plane flights.

Michelle doesn’t seem to be sacrificing anything these days.

texasconserv on September 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

With each passing day we move one step closer to “Idiocracy”. It’s a sad time for this poor sick Republic.

rplat on September 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

No one cares about the Olympics. But if they had natives wack people with 2x4s in the street that might be a different story.

Static on September 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Last time I checked the Der Leader had better take more than DVD’s and ipods as gifts for the IOC.

Dire Straits on September 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Michelle you need to get back into reality. I think living in the White House and flying all over the world on our tax dollars has clouded your view of what is real. Your hometown recently had the most brutal murder of an innocent young boy. Michelle, this was all caught on tape for the world to see. Beaten to death with railroad ties. Sacrifice?Talk to the parents of that young boy about sacrifice……

sweet92169 on September 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

In applying to Harvard, Obama had the advantage of both affirmative action and legacy (since his Kenyan father had also attended Harvard). The Libs who whine about Bush’s legacy admission to Yale always conveniently omit that point about Obama — just like they forget to mention that “brilliant” lawyer Michelle Obama flunked her first bar exam, lasted only 2 years in her only lawyer job, and had to rely on her Senator husband’s status to get herself a political patronage, make-work job as a hospital administrator.

AZCoyote on September 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

There can be only one answer.

unclesmrgol on September 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Well said.

Remember, Mr. President: You’re not the President of Chicago, and you’re not the President of the Democrat States. You’re not the Candidate of the United Sates anymore either – weren’t you the guy who famously said, “I won?”

You are the President of the United States. All 50 of them, plus Federal Territories. All 300M of its citizens.

You’re the one who wanted this job, remember? Nobody conscripted you, and certainly nobody did so against your will. Whenever you’re ready to actually perform to the job description – the real one, as outlined in the Constitution, not this “President of Earth” kick you’re on at the UN and in Copenhagen now – you’re more than welcome to do so. It’s what we elected you to do, even if we didn’t vote for you.

Blacksmith on September 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Blacksmith on September 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I thought he was President of 57 states. :>

Dire Straits on September 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Not a peep from Hotair through the whole Chicago Olympic bid process but when Obama spends half a day trying to help an American city get the Olympics, suddenly it matters and you all cry like babies.

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Dave, let me help you understand:

1. Bazillion$ $pent on a “stimulus plan”
2. Unemployment at almost 10%
3. Can’t make up his mind to send more troops to Afghanastan when it’s requested by the guy running the war
4. A health care bill that will destroy American health care
5. Iraq building nukes and shooting missiles
6. North Korea – ditto #5

and The Messiah

is too busy to address these issues because he’s appearing on David Letterman and flying to Europe to talk about pole vaulting.

THAT’S why it’s now on HotAir. Obamanation can’t do the things he was elected to do but he has time to jet off to Europe with his wife and the Queen of Talk Shows.

Hope that clears it up for you.

SouperConservative on September 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Ms BO–threaten to stay there until we cave in to the Public Health Plan!
See how quickly we’ll crumble in your absence.

chickasaw42 on September 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Sarjex on September 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

You’re right on both counts. The Winters require far less infrastructure, housing, etc., and the crowd venues are smaller.

Hence, the profitability potential is better for the Winter Games, not to diminish at all what Romney did when he turned around the corrupt, almost doomed Utah games.

P.S. Enjoy your art and wit.

TXUS on September 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Well sure it’s a sacrifice. Like when she gave up her regular life so her husband could become President of the United Stats. A great sacrifice being the First Lady of the United States. Ever notice that everything is a burden to Michelle Obama?

Dr Evil on September 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Oh, I’m surprised, it is all about Michelle. I guess she thinks like her husband.

a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States

What? A sacrifice, similar to the one that Jarrett and Rezko made for the poor people of Chicago with the public housing complex dump? Or the sacrifice in the money they’ll get from the land? Any time a Democrat says they are doing something for someone else, you can be sure, they are lying and it will make them money.

njpat on September 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

UN. ****ING. BELIEVABLE.

jukin on September 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM

She is as much as a twit as her husband.

Gothguy on September 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM
I think you misspelled that word.

thomasaur on September 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM

MO’s SAT score= diameter of her A$$ (in inches) X pie.

justltl on September 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Wow. Just wow. C’mon, people.

KS Rex on September 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

mmm, mmm, mm.

JeffinOrlando on September 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I hope we get to hear more from Michell O in high profile public meetings in the coming months…She could be the best way to get BO out of the WH.

d1carter on September 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

d1carter on September 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Maybe Gibbs.
or Biden.

But Michelle?
She’s got those ARMS! And such STYLE!!!

SouperConservative on September 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Did Reagan or Carter go overseas to help LA get the Olympics? Did either of them, or Bush (Elder) or Clinton do so to help Atlanta?

They did not. Because IT ISN’T IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION. The job is very stressful and very demanding. We get that. Strong leaders rise to such occasions. The Won wastes his time by ignoring the nation’s business as a whole, and spending it lobbying in foreign lands to persuade them to favor of a tiny segment of the nation’s bid… to play games in seven years.

Do you see how there might be a disconnect between the clearly-defined role of the Presidency, and what the current officeholder perceives as that role?

Blacksmith on September 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

“This is the first time in my life that I am proud of Copenhagen”

drjohn on September 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I’m … pretty sure no one’s saying that.

Bing. Not a single soul is saying that, you barrel-butted nitwit. Talk about being stuck inside the bubble. If there’s a bubble that fits her junk in it, that is.

Jaibones on September 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

The children of Chicago are killing each other on the streets of Chicago at an alarming rate. Perhaps Michelle and Barack could have “sacrificed” enough to stay home and send the money saved to the police and volunteer organizations trying to stop the killing fields in their home town. The Olympics will come and go; the horror, pain, and suffering connected to the death of just one child is forever.

oldoldbabs on September 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Maybe Copenhagen will keep them all

snuwithu on September 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Please sacrifice a little more Lt. Warf and stay in Denmark permanently with Oprah and Barrack.

ObamatheMessiah on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Wow. Just wow. C’mon, people.

KS Rex on September 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Sorry, just some light hearted derision.
You see, I firmly believe that the Obamas are wolves in sheeps’ clothing. I have no doubt that, like many leftists, they loathe this country, its institutions,its constitution and its success, and will do everything in their power to socialize it and weaken it economically, politically and militarily in order to level the world playing field. Similarly they will level the domestic playing field, not by raising up the disadvantaged but by punishing the industrious.
In order to maintain their party’s power they will expand the welfare state, sacrificing millions to a life of degradation- all for the purpose of maintaining a voting bloc. They will destroy our borders and sovereingty for the same purpose.
They are disciples of Alinsky, whose credo is that the ends justify the means-which to them justifies lying and deception. (Alinsky, by the way, offered that humor and ridicule is one of the most powerful weapons against an opponent, which I purposely use against his disciples, partly for the pleasure of irony.)
I could go on, but sometimes I simply spare myself the mental labor and near despair by amusing myself via humor and ridicule.

Don’t ban me, bro.

justltl on September 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Who wrote that? Get a refund. I doubt one could pass a GED test with that structure.

tuffy on September 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Winds of Hope and Change
Blowing in mornings first light
Smells like victory

SilverStar830 on September 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

It seems to me that Oprah is not the only large ego they have to accommodate in Copenhagen.

kaanan on September 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

ObamatheMessiah on September 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I don’t think you’re allowed to call her names anymore, sir. BTW it’s spelled Worf.

Try on some terms of endearment. Princess Hawt Honey Buns, maybe? Or, Sarah Connor Cried at the Sight of your Arms, Beautiful. Something like that.

tuffy on September 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Ex-President Obama, “Hey, I can see the Olympics from my backyard!”

nogooddeed on September 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Mrs. Obama said bringing the Olympics to Chicago is especially important right now because “athletics is becoming more of a fleeting opportunity.”

Yes! And it would be all the more fleeting if your jackass husband succeeded in taking away summer vacations so we can be a glorious country like South Korea, have longer school days and school years, and “volunteer” in our free time for Barack’s civilian security force.

Thanks for caring, Michelle!

Buy Danish on September 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Has the gazing pool been commissioned yet?

Oh Mercy on September 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Davey-

you need to get laid

you are one angry man

Pull out your credit card and get it done

CWforFreedom on September 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

This is one assuming c_nt. I and a bunch of other M..F..s couldn’t care what she does or what that other fat cu_t does. They are both out of touch with the mainstream.

belad on September 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

The woman cannot construct a sentence.

Dhuka on September 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I’m … pretty sure no one’s saying that.

Oh come on… I recall signing about Copenhagen in school chior, and it sounded awful.

As I recall the name of the song was “Wonderful Copenhagen” (modified to avoid the drinking bits, as I later learned) … I mean who would want to have to suffer through someplace “wonderful”?

I feel sorry for her, jetsetting off, touring Europe, staying in fancy hotels, waited on hand and foot… that’s just horrific sounding.

/sarc

gekkobear on September 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Yes, oh yes, what a GREAT sacrifice! Now go flush before the t**d-in-chief gets there! Wow, this really IS an unprecedented level of horseshit!

jgdp on September 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Well, if the OLYMPIANS are ready, anxious, and excited to be gang-raped in Down South Chicago … GO FOR IT!

GO FOR THE GOLD IN CHICAGO!

Rio-lovers can always visit Chicago and run amok against the gansta people.

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

The worst first lady of my 51 years on this earth, bar none.

echosyst on September 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

…….I`m struggling to pay school taxes and put food on my family table. The January it`s property taxes and making ends meet.

But my God, poor Michelle.

ThePrez on September 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM

You can break a nail on a trip like that.

justltl on September 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Reality -
Only two cities—Atlanta and Los Angeles—have turned a profit from hosting the Olympics, and some like Athens were left with a hulking debt load and little residual economic benefit.
jdkchem on September 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

The city of Atlanta may have made money but as someone who owned a business there during that time, I can tell you it CRIPPLED many local businesses for the duration.

Monica on September 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I can only but think that the Danes feel THEY are the ones making the real sacrifice, having to host the Obamas.

This only goes to prove that the rumors of Michelle Obama being Klingon are false, despite the fact she wore a Klingon war-belt in a recent fashion faux pas.

Klingon warriors have more elegant manners.

(This must be the Smart Diplomacy they were promising during the campaign).

Mutnodjmet on September 30, 2009 at 11:54 PM

My respect for Oprah has been sinking fast since 2007, but aren’t you starting to feel that the more she “hangs” with the prez and Meechelle, the more corrupted she seems?

pjean on September 30, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Cindy Munford on September 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Agreed. But it goes deeper. It started with Obama naming Rush and telling Republicans that they wouldn’t get anywhere with him if they listened to Rush. And the website to report “fishy” comments. And let’s not forget the White House website calling tea partiers and townhallers “right-wing terrorists”; now they have a website attacking Beck.
Oh, and the cash for clunkers computer program that took over your computer and gave the government complete control of it once you applied online, and the emails that were sent to so many people who have no idea how the White House/Axelrod got their names, etc., etc., etc…

The office of the President of the United States is backed up by the most powerful government in the world. We have always been very careful not to abuse this power with very clear lines between the government and citzens.

Obama is using his office and what used to be our government to single out American citizens. No other president has ever done this, nor would they be allowed to.

This is very dangerous stuff. Our tyrant in training must be stopped.

tigerlily on October 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Wow. American royalty.

29Victor on October 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Oh, the suffering of open-faced sandwiches, evenings at Tivoli, shopping on Strøget. It must be worse than working the salt mines for Awnt Estha our touring welfare queen.

viking01 on October 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Its such a sacrifice to get kickbacks from the deals that will go down and to get your buddies butt loads of cash. Not to mention how the labor Unions will easily back your plan for 25 year pres terms.

Rbastid on October 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Thats not what I am saying but I’ll be nice.

Note ot IOC: Take a hard look at Rio or Japan to host these games. Hussein needs to realize that, “This country is broke and we can’t afford this added expense.”

BigMike252 on October 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Obama really should let Michelle out of the house more often.

txhsmom on October 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM

No genius….
…..this is sacrifice:

CNSNews.com
43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforcements
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

(CNSNews.com) – Another American died in Afghanistan on Wednesday, the final day of September–and exactly one month after the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan sent a confidential war assessment to the Obama administration, warning that more forces are needed–soon.

Get the he!! away from a camera for 5 minutes and a least try to do what a President is supposed to do….address the problems this nation faces and come up with credible,coherent solutions.

That would be a “change” from this first 9 months of failure and photo shoots.

Baxter Greene on October 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

This is very dangerous stuff. Our tyrant in training must be stopped.

tigerlily on October 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

The ways that the Traitor-in-Chief has perverted the office, and people’s ideas of what America is, are manifold and will not be reversed. America has been brought down to the level of all other countries, now. Even Americans are looking at our nation as if it should run the same way as the pathetic countries of the rest of the world – as can be seen in people unable to even understand what is wrong with an official visit by The Precedent to sell our country to the olympic committee. This is so un-American that it defies the imagination, yet so many Americans are now just accepting that our country is no different than Britain or Russia or Brazil.

The US will not recover from this. It is irreversible damage, but it is exactly the sort of damage that 52% of the voters wanted. The death of America is marching along as planned on Nov 4th.

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

It would be interesting to delve into what sacrifices she is alluding to. But. alas, no one will ever inquire. From all appearances, she certainly has not sacrificed any of her three square meals.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

You are totally correct. It is shock and shame, each and every day. How one person, who is so vacant of honor, intellect, and integrity could drag our country down to such
a depth, is beyond sadness. With that grief always running, what is even more mind-blowing is the fact that too many people actually believe in his ideas, and come to his defense!
That, to me. is the real shocker; to unearth and discover what many, many of your fellow citizens are really all about.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Yep. It’s been a real eye-opener. And those revelations of what these people are really about cannot be put returned to history. We have crossed the Rubicon.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Well, individualism is only for those with self-confidence and those who are willing to take responsibility for their own lives. It is not for the average person. America, unfortunately, is now populated with a huge number of people who would be more at home in any other country than in the traditional US, and they have decided not to go to other countries that would be more inviting to them and closer to their ideas of how nations should be structured, but to stay here (to come here) and try to destroy us. The great wealth of the individualistic US has attracted the collectivist leeches from everywhere and our affirmative action/welfare practices have poisoned the American spirit. Hopefully, this lesson will be learned well and the next incarnation of the individualistic, self-reliant, private property respecting nation that was America will not make the same mistake.

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Here in San Francisco, there was a drive by a private group to get the 1984 Summer Olympics. It ended up going to Los Angeles, and was a huge success. There were people in S.F. who didn’t think it was a good idea (like moi), but the largest obstacles were actually then-Mayor Art Agnos and the gay community.

You see, former U.S. Olympian Tom Waddell (Decathalon, ’68 Mexico City) founded what was supposed to be the Gay Olympic Games to be played in San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium, the massive, ancient, and empty former home of the 49ers. The U.S. Olympic Committee sent a cease-and-desist letter to the organizers of the Gay Olympics, saying that it held the rights to the word “Olympic” in athletic competitions and it would not permit the organizers to use it. The games went on under the name “Gay Games,” which it is still called to this day.

Naturally, charges of discrimination and bigotry were made, and of course, a lawsuit, which the USOC eventually won. But while the proceedings were ongoing, Agnos let it be known that he would not pursue further involvement with the Olympic officials unless it backed down on letting the “Gay Olympics” take place. In other words, Agnos’ attitude was that San Francisco was doing the Olympics a favor by making itself available as a venue, and that it had to pucker up if it wanted to take advantage.

That’s a mistake that political elites continue to make about San Francisco. You would think after Bank of America’s first post-merger move was to move the world headquarters from its San Francisco birthplace to Raleigh, NC, the dorks under the dome at City Hall would have gotten the message: If alternatives are available, business leaders will not pay premiums in the forms of taxes, regulations, and anti-corporate hassles to be within the city limits.

L.N. Smithee on October 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Agree and agree and agree some more. Not with any glee, mind you.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Just IMAGINE the “outrage” from lefties if Bush lobbied for the 2008 Olympics to be in Dallas. Nope, no hypocricy here.

Speedwagon82 on October 1, 2009 at 1:59 AM

L.N. Smithee on October 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Never heard of these “Gay Games”. Noteworthy, and what a story. What was probably a huge controversy back in the day in S.F. and the rest of California, most likely never really hit the national news to any extent. I’ve had mixed feelings about the Internet from the beginning; the privacy thing bothers me the most, but boy, have I had an earful with these “nuggets” revealed from across the country. More importantly, not just me. To realize that your voice, your personal experiences from some burg, to the most cosmopolitan city, can be accessed in an instant, is the greatest innovation since the beloved microwave oven.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

You wouldn’t mind if the POTUS went places if he was doing his work. Obama hasn’t worked a lick since he got elected to anything. He expects everybody to work for him. He’s written no bill only made speeches and done what other people—except voters—tell him. Afghanistan? Too much work to do, so he won’t decide. Ah, he has worked! For terrorists. He’s been diligently working at giving them all the rights the Constitution says belongs to us. That’s why his traveling around is so annoying. They show us that Obama wants the perks of the POTUS but not the hard work.

SilentWatcher on October 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

You wouldn’t mind if the POTUS went places if he was doing his work.

SilentWatcher on October 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Actually, I feel much better when the imbecile isn’t doing any work. Everything he does hurts this nation. I’d rather he went to Tahiti for 4 years and just remained incommunicado. That would make me very happy.

But the problem with this Olympic trip is that the trip, itself, is un-American. America, as a nation, does not sell itself to anyone, especially not for any pathetic internationalist endeavor. If states or cities want the games, they pitch for them and they pay for them. Not the federal government. People didn’t like Bush Sr’s pathetic trip to Asia to “sell US business”. Of course, Bush was an internationalist, just like lefties. He also empowered the UN as the USSR disintegrated, in one of the worst decisions in all of human history.

This trip to the IOC by the White House is just plain un-American. Even though I prefer The Precedent being away from Washington, the damage he does by acting as if the US is just a nation like any other – where the government is looked at as owning the nation – is the biggest problem. It is a denigration of American tradition and an offensive act. It is the behavior of an Indonesia, not the US.

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 2:41 AM

SilentWatcher on October 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM

I’ve never expected more from this idiot/lunatic since I read up on his “gazebo” project in Chicago after I had learned he was running for office and looked him up. It’s been down-hill (on the sheerest of slopes) ever since. I was “outraged-out” long before Krauthammer coined the phrase (and to which I give him full credit), but long, long before Krauthammer stopped calling Obama “brilliantly brilliant”. Never saw that feature, at all, in our current president. Never once.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM

However it turns out, Lula is going to go off. *popcorn*
– Think of all the Tuscan kale Mz Michelle will miss. *sacrifice*

FeFe on October 1, 2009 at 2:50 AM

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Yep. It was clear from the start that the idiot messiah was an idiot. Krauthammer used to drive me nuts with how he kept missing the obvious. You’d watch the campaign and one boneheaded mistake after another and wonder why people didn’t see it. That race speech was a total joke, fit for a 10th grader, at best. And the clumsy nature of that campaign was only papered over by the MSM working harder to cover it all up than they had ever done before. Without them, he would have been toast long ago. But people had to see him in office to really get an idea for the idiot that he is. Some still haven’t figured it out. To this day, Allah thinks The Precedent has a brain. How can someone cover this inept fool, The Precedent, day after day and still think that he’s got more than two brain cells to rub together. Evidently, allah thinks that the meteoric rise proves intelligence. Allah must think that Brad Pitt is secret genius.

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Ugh! Give some kind of warning before you link to whitehouse.gov!! I don’t even want that crud on my browser history!!

FinallyRight on October 1, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Also: A few short years ago I looked at Paul Begala as the
“face” of the Democratic party and naturally sloughed him off.
So unbelievably out of touch, and curiously, at the same time gets a lot of recognition from the press. At this point I was more of an “Independent”, so he certainly threw me over to the edge to the other side to the point that I cannot listen to any lib anywhere. for any reason. They all have the face and the voice of this Begala person and NOT ONE has proved otherwise to be objective or smart. HE IS THE FACE.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 3:05 AM

progressoverpeace on October 1, 2009 at 2:58 AM

You and I agree, but we might get banned. (It’s movie-like). You know, the same things that the lib-Hollywood folks were afraid of from Bush. Well, here we go. You have to be so very careful and thoughtful on what you espouse. Careful, careful, you might speak out against the government in the most unflattering terms and you’re gone with a capital (or better yet, a capitol “G” these days over every rotten, often construed offenses, that may subject the masses to absolute scorn.) There are RULES.

Just for the record: I hate the words “nanny state”. There is nothing protective nor loving coming from the feds.
in any regard. Absolutely loathsome to use this term.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Are you f*ing kidding me?! Whitehouse.gov is seriously using taxpayer money to slander Fox and Glenn Beck because of the pessimism toward the Daley (err…I meant Chicago) Olympics?! Can anyone remember the last time that the Whitehouse.gov was used for something like this? There has to be some kind of federal regulation toward this kind of partisan usage of a government website… (good G-d I hope there is…). I know we would have been crucified if we did that on our state gov website down here in FL..

specialkayel on October 1, 2009 at 3:50 AM

And now that I look at it some more…when the hell did MoveOn.org and the other assorted b.s. Soros orgs start web designing for the White House site? Wtf, it looks like more campaign shiite on that page. Do these people seriously realize that the 2008 campaign is over?

specialkayel on October 1, 2009 at 3:54 AM

specialkayel on October 1, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Not to worry. Indonesia lost several hundred people (Do I dare say the word?) due to earthquakes and floods. Disregard. What matters is that Mr. and Mrs. Prez get all of the guts and glory for their personal “sacrifice” by flying to Copenhagen on separate planes. That MUST BE THE UNKNOWN SACRIFICE AFTER ALL. I just got it, kids!!!!! I’m sorry, I am very, very slow. unlike the Libs, who get it.

betsyz on October 1, 2009 at 4:08 AM

You can almost hear the word “cake”…

cnredd
Political Wrinkles

cnredd on October 1, 2009 at 4:32 AM

As a wise Latino with rich life experiences I thank the Almighty that the Olympians wear cloths. Can you imagine MO doing the 100 meter sprint naked? I mean that butt is so large it probably takes up a whole of seats on AF1. It seems to me that her belt line is getting higher and higher.Coming soon How MO keeps her butt so big. Eats lots and lots of cake. Oprah likes to hang out with her because her butt don’t look so big standing next to MO. I mean really, how can anyone notice toned arms with that big gnarly butt winking at them. Honestly.

bigtexmex on October 1, 2009 at 5:35 AM

It’s disconcerting
To see a White House web site
Slinging mud like that.

Haiku Guy on October 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM

I would think a 16 year old Chicago kid sacrificing his life to help his buddy, while he gets hit and kicked in the head is a sacrifice.
This group of thieves should end up in jail at the rate they’re going.

dthorny on October 1, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Brazil will win the Olympic bid.

albill on October 1, 2009 at 6:47 AM

I hope she has more bandwidth to sacrifice for us… perhaps a thousand dollar meal or a $10k a night hotel room or something… she is such a champion of the little people…

painfulTruthDisciple on October 1, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Sacrifice my ass. I am rooting for Brazil.

Terrye on October 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Dammit!!! WHAT ABOUT THE WHITE HOUSE GARDEN? Is she just gonna let that 100 a pound steak just rot out there? What about the pizza? Come on, this is serious people.

Fortunately, “nuclear arms” Michelle has 24 assistants to sort things out.

dthorny on October 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM

ha, what idiots with their fact checks…yeah, Beck said something about Vancouver losing 1 billion of dollars when they ‘had the olympics’…they jumped to correct him on the govt site, ‘Vancuver haven’t organized their winter Olympics yet’ …yeah, true, they’re going to organize them this coming winter, but Beck is right in that Vancovuer is running huge debt because of the Olympics…I have visited with friends there recently and people were furious because of the money spent and the deficit their city council runs currently is enormous…they can’t take care of the day-to-day stuff because there are no money, nada… plus they will continue to pay for it 2,3 decades to come, at least…This Olympics is going to ruin the city of Chicago…sure some coruptocrats are going to make some money, a few businesses too, most of the Mafia-like orgs, but overall the city will lose money..it’s inevitable, it’s always the case…look back at other cases, Montreal just finished paying their 1976 Olympics debts in 2006…Vancouver will probably still be paying for it in 2030….

jimver on October 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Sacrifice my ass. I am rooting for moving to Brazil.

Terrye on October 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Fixed.

dthorny on October 1, 2009 at 7:04 AM

I really hope that Chitown doesn’t get the bid. O needs to be knocked down a peg or four and get his azz to the office and WORK.

Key West Reader on October 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Sounds as if the Ministry of Truth is writing her speeches. You know what she wanted to say had something to do with “sticking it to the man, I’ll use AF1 whenever i damn well please, where’s the mall”.

Unfit. Impeach.

gopmom on October 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM

jimver on October 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM

The Los Angeles Olympic games run by Peter Ubberroth – California republican – had a massive surplus as he used existing facilities like the LA Coliseum among others.

I wonder how much of CrockObama’s cronies will gain in Chicago? Reyzko? Ayers? Union labor used exclusively? Acorn concessions padding the hot dog tally?

2010 yet? 2012?

dthorny on October 1, 2009 at 7:10 AM

MO: “for the first time in my adult life, I’m REALLY proud to screw the American public. I can take these trips on their dime, go shopping, eat at nice restaurants, tone my arms, drink nice wine, tone my arms, take the kids shopping, spread my carbon footprint as wide as my @ss and just live the life of luxury. Meanwhile, kids in Chicago get beat to death, the same city MY HUSBAND CLEANED UP, financally speaking of course”.

A true champion of the little people.

dthorny on October 1, 2009 at 7:18 AM

I heard that if Chicago doesn’t want it, Oshkosh will take it.

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 7:19 AM