Michelle Obama: I know people say it was a sacrifice for me and Oprah to go to Copenhagen

posted at 8:23 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’m … pretty sure no one’s saying that.

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her “dear friend” and “chit-chat buddy” Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow’s visit by President Obama, is a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. “As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days,” the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, “so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home.”

What, just because you’re forced to accommodate Oprah’s giant ego and listen to The One deliver another droning speech and make kissyface with corrupt Olympic officials and field endless moronic questions about how you get your arms so toned and, um…

Actually, dude? That sounds horrible. I salute the First Lady for her noble sacrifice on our behalf.

Meanwhile, back in Chitown, a nascent “give the damned Olympics to Rio already” movement is brewing, replete with its very own website. Exit question: Who’s responsible in the White House’s eyes for stirring up this subversive anti-American sentiment? There can be only one answer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

You are not SERIOUS?

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Given how angry Michelle “My Belle” is, one wonders if she is hurting, not helping Chicago’s chances.

I’d love to see them go and prostrate themselves to the corrupt IOC and see the embarrassment of LOSING the games to another country.

wildcat84 on September 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

A sacrifice of MY MONEY!!

Khun Joe on September 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

How magnanimous of you My Belle

Why don’t you commit a greater sacrifice for the country your now finally proud of and stay in copenhagen with your husband?

Defector01 on September 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Of course it was! They both took time off from saving the world. Didn’t they?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

She’s a frickin’ Mother Theresa. Yeah, that’s what she is.

Cicero43 on September 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

*facepalm*

Ingenue on September 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

DAMMIT. Link warning, Allah, before I click on any more whitehouse.gov sites.

Creep me out. :)

Diane on September 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

….

bahahahahahahhahahahHAHAHAHAHAH

blatantblue on September 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Bullshiite, Lieutenant; let’s see the receipts from your shopping trip in Copenhagen to gauge just how much you “sacrificed” while visiting yet another part of the world on our dime.

Mrs. Ogabe acts as if anyone would even notice if she were to disappear for a few days or even a few weeks, beyond the media bootlickers that is.

Bishop on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Had MO & O the 1st announced they were going into exile there, THEN I would acknowledge their noble sacrifice.

GnuBreed on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

How will this help Michelle’s children, I ask you?

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

They arrogant sick people. Our men and women fighting overseas are sacrificing their lives for America and for Michelle Obama and Oprah to continue buying hideous clothing and “chit-chat.” These jerks have no respect nor decency.

cubachi on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Did she and Oprah get charged for carrying excess baggage?

JammieWearingFool on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Who knew that we would get a better version of Marie Antoinette just three years later?

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Kissyface with corrupt Olympic officials is good training for his upcoming meetings with all the evil people at the first convention of global despots- Tyrantcom 2010.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Well, yeah; it’s not like they were just screwing off someplace like Afghanistan of anything.

MikeA on September 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

A million and a half smackeroos per PLANE and she HAD to fly in today and him, tomorrow. ON JUST FUEL ALONE!
And, the carbon footprint. When baby seals and polar bears are dying, they are so cruel, those obamas and oprah.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Did she and Oprah get charged for carrying excess baggage?

JammieWearingFool on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

No, they were not smuggling extra suitcases onto the plane in their pants.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Sacrifice, as in burnt offering?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Such a sacrifice: Going to Denmark in a 757 with Secret Service, 26 people to dress you (seriously, do we REALLY pay these people?), limousines, fine food and wine…

Wow! She’s as bad as Congress voting themselves a pay raise when millions of Americans are losing their jobs!

At some point here, I’m going to turn into Susan from Rush’s show today. I’m angry as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!

UnderstandingisPower on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Did she and Oprah get charged for carrying excess baggage?

JammieWearingFool on September 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM

You be meanin that junk in the trunk? Dude!

MikeA on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

MikeA on September 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Frankly, the shopping in Afghanistan is for shit.

Cicero43 on September 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Michelle O is as crazy as her husband. What a couple of imbeciles, who somehow have such high opinions of themselves. It’s just jaw-dropping to see it unfold. This nation will never live down this awful mistake and it will be our undoing. Affirmative action kills.

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It was a sacrifice of the people of Denmark to have to put up with them.

boomer on September 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Sacrifice, as in burnt offering?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I’ll bring the torches and the Jager shots.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

These people have no freaking clue how the peasants live. I am so sick of the elitist, disgusting arrogance of the left.

TXMomof3 on September 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Wait wait…didn’t they accuse BUSH of being “out of touch” ?

Sarjex on September 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Sacrifice for the children of Chicago……are you “f”ing kidding me. STFU, what the…who the….are you….!@%%^$$^&^%$%^&*()(&&^^^%$$$$##

milwife88 on September 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I don’t know where to park this OT tidbit, but it appears that Obamao’s economic team and Wall Street supporters are turning on him. The policy people are going along in their merry way ignoring advice from their economic advisers. Reshaping America socially and politically is the Obamao’s “wrecking crew” agenda, not American prosperity.

onlineanalyst on September 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Why do they think that the Europeans give a rodent’s posterior or even know who Oprah is?

Wethal on September 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

silly michelle – we don’t say it’s a SACRIFICE we used the words WASTE OF MONEY and WRONG COMMITMENT.

i mean – how hard can it be to have someone drive you to the airplane, load your bags, press your clothes, fix your hair & makeup, provide you everyfreakinthing you need, drive you to your event & write your speech. Then do it all in reverse.

pick up a dictionary woman – Sacrifice isn’t the word we are using.

poppieseeds on September 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

For the last time, Michelle, unicorns do not talk.

rbj on September 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

The only sacrifice I see is from the mirrors and chairs of Copenhagen.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Oh, oh…do I have to burn my computer now that I’ve gone to the creepy whitehouse.gov site? As for sacrifice, you really should post a picture of our American Troops next to the picture of that FOO (Friend Of Oprah) — to demonstrate a visual reminder of what real sacrifice looks like.

redwhiteblue on September 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Michelle O is the symbol of the culture of corruption. An affirmative action stooge with a narissistic sense of entitlement. If she had to compete with her peers based on her merits, she would show herself as the loser that she is. So much for the cult of personality and the culture of corruption. May they not find their way back home.

BottomLine5 on September 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

TXMomof3 on September 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Hey our elites are partying like its 999. God, sorry, SCIENCE!, have ordained them to rule over us.

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I would really be interested to know what this woman’s SAT scores were.

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I would really be interested to know what this woman’s SAT scores were.

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

she didnt have to take it

blatantblue on September 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Let’s leave them there, that will be my sacrifice!

tim c on September 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

The only sacrifice I see is from the mirrors and chairs of Copenhagen.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

You win!

RedRedRice on September 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I would really be interested to know what this woman’s SAT scores were.

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Judging from that pathetic thesis she wrote at Princeton, and the stupidity that comes spilling out of her mouth whenever it opens,

Math: 400
Verbal: 410

I’d put money on it and give odds.

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Look, this is a done deal. The IOC would love nothing more than to reward the first-ever minority American President by giving him the Games in his own hometown.

Chicago got the games the night of the election. This is just the Coronation.

Del Dolemonte on September 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Michelle Obama Antoinette: I know people say it was a sacrifice for me and Oprah to go to Copenhagen

FIFY

mizflame98 on September 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Imagine if Laura Bush had said that.

Jed_Eckert on September 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

The Olympic Games are going to have sacrifices??!?

onlineanalyst on September 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Clueless. MO is completely out of touch with real Americans! Millions are unemployed. Where the hell are the jobs???????

I swear, as God is my witness, I WILL DISOWN ANY OF MY OFFSPRING IF THEY EVER, EVER, EVER SAY THEY WANT TO GO TO HARVARD! Not ONE penny! End of discussion.

TN Mom on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Imagine if Laura Bush had said that.

Jed_Eckert on September 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Laura Bush was a classy first lady, a lady always.
Michelle, not so much.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

What’s with that blog link?

It’s funny that after the flag@whitehouse.gov deal was brought up, I stopped getting email from axelrod, michelle, and da one.

CTSherman on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I found this tid-bit on powerline.

Michelle Obama seethes with bitterness. While she preaches the gospel according to Barack, she wears resentment and bitterness on her sleeve. It is therefore painful to listen to her. She’s apparently even still angry about her SAT scores. She didn’t test well in school, she explains. Somehow, she has overcome (I wonder how that would be).

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

The Olympic Games are going to have sacrifices??!?

onlineanalyst on September 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Didn’t you hear about all the time trials in Chicago right now?

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Are we sure that this wasn’t a tongue-in-cheek type of comment that sounds worse in print than it was? Because this reads really ridiculous.

DaveS on September 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Oprah or Michelle? Can’t decide which one I dislike more.

anniekc on September 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Is she taking too much Midol?

Cinday Blackburn on September 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Michelle Obama WAS in the pews every week and DID hear every bit of Reverand Wright’s sermons.

THE CHOSEN ONE on September 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

A sacrifice????

Ms. Obama has no clue what the word means.

Perhaps she should ask those Americans serving in Afghanistan whilst her husband votes “present” (yet, again) what sacrifice means.

Totally without class…yep, totally without class.

coldwarrior on September 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Boy,am I gonna type carefully through this FLOTUS
Obama OMama potential banishment minefield,hehe!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Noblesse oblige.

R Square on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

“Steve Sailer posted parts of her senior thesis and it’s absolutely brutal. It wouldn’t get a C in a nice suburban high school.

She hyphenated “thank you”. In her senior year in Princeton, she couldn’t spell a word that people across the world, people who never even studied English, would know how to spell. Are you kidding me?!”

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Laura Bush was a classy first lady, a lady always.
Michelle, not so much.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Yeah, even my ex doesn’t like Michelle – I think she might take Laura over Michelle… MAYBE.

MeatHeadinCA on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I would give anything to slap some sense into that “woman” and her dumbass husband.

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

MeatHeadinCA on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

HI MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seen your lovely lady ann lately?

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I can’t believe that the White House has a blog page to refute Glen Beck (others I am sure). I want my president to think that idol chatter of pundits is beneath his notice. There are plenty of ways to counter misinformation without attaching the Office of the President to it. So tacky.

Cindy Munford on September 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

You’re gonna have to take a number, Aggie.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

That thesis is a sad, sad joke.

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

How cute.
Dear Leader’s visit to Chicago has finally led to Mother to disown him. She was quite apolitical with a mild positive feeling for Dear Leader. But his visit to Chicago has made her launch into a tirade against the incompetence of Leo males. Bravo Dear Leader. You have made my apolitical mother a Republican.

nyx on September 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Limbaugh on word of this just put on a large pot of coffee and lit up a Monte Cristo A. Can’t wait to listen tomorrow.

THE CHOSEN ONE on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago

The children of Chicago are being murdered by gangs. It’s been going on for a long time. This past summer, there were more deaths in Chicago than in Iraq.

TN Mom on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Why was Bush’s Legacy Admission fair game, but the Obamas’ affirmative action sacred? Likewise, why was it acceptable to discuss that JFK Jr failed the bar, but not that Michelle did? (New York’s black governor David Patterson took it multiple times, but never passed. The bar makes proper accommodations for the blind, so it’s a fake excuse.)

Why was it acceptable to say that George Bush (both of them, actually), Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford and Dan Quayle are stupid, but not acceptable for anyone to say that Obama is anything short of genius? Why must his intelligence always be praised before one either agrees or disagrees with him?

Why was it acceptable to discuss the motive of Bush, Richard Nixon, Herbert Hoover, but not Barack Obama?

Why is this President different from every other President? Why is he different from every President outside of Africa and other Third World rat holes?

This is not a Barack issue, this is a black issue. Blacks are beyond the pale of criticism. Thus, we can talk about legacy admission, but not affirmative action, even though the latter is weighed far more heavily than the former. (At University of Michigan, which was the site of the latest affirmative action Supreme Court case, legacy was worth 4 points, while blackness was worth 20. Perfect SAT/ACT scores were worth only 12 points, almost 50% less than blackness.)

The most central point of democracy is the ability to criticize our rulers. America is democracy no more.
- FishEagle

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

He needs an Ashton Heritage….

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I HOPE THEY FAIL IN THEIR EVERY ENDEAVOR

Other than stating that one sentiment I cannot post anything further, for fear of banning. Praise be to allah.

Ris4victory on September 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

American Samoa is a disaster area…and Michelle O, followed by her hubby, “sacrifice” and jet off to Denmark.

If they had any class, they’d go boost morale to our own territory.

JetBoy on September 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I haven’t words for this, at least none that would fit the decorum of this forum.
These people have no shame.
Give the Olympics to Zimbabwe, billion dollar Hot Dogs anyone?

M-14 2go on September 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

A sacrifice????

Ms. Obama has no clue what the word means.

coldwarrior on September 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I don’t know how you can say that. The taxpayer funded jet that whisked her and her entourage to Europe yet again only carried domestic sparkling wine and caviar. The Queen of England wouldn’t abide with such treatment and, yet, the spouse of the despot in power had a minor temper tantrum. If that isn’t sacrifice, I don’t know what is!

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

She forgot the public servant part of her husband’s job description.

obladioblada on September 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

You’re gonna have to take a number, Aggie.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Please let me go to the front of the line. It’d make me so happy. :)

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

“Well if they cannot do the long jump, then let them do the triple jump.”

LibTired on September 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

HI MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seen your lovely lady ann lately?

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

She was around earlier. I really hope she doesn’t think I’m anti-Palin… Anti-Michelle, yes.

MeatHeadinCA on September 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

You’re gonna have to take a number, Aggie.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Please let me go to the front of the line. It’d make me so happy. :)

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

For you, I will step aside. Just make sure you leave enough for the rest of us to slap.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Don’t cry for me Chicago….

Yeah, I was really worried about their pain and suffering, with Michelle traveling on an Air Force VIP plane (returning on Air Force One) and Oprah flying her Bombardier Global Express XRS. After all, the in flight meal of filet mignon with lobster tarragon butter, Pommes dauphine and roasted asparagus is reheated before service. Oh the humanity!

jnelchef on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Normally I would feel bad for making fun of someone’s smarts. But Marie Antoinette is making it really hard to be polite to her.
Marie Antoinette’s thesis makes no sense, it goes without saying.

nyx on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

TN Mom on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Uh, that’s by DESIGN. Haven’t you ever read Ayers, et al?

UnderstandingisPower on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Oh great, I clicked the last link and now the WH will be tracking all these right wing sites I visit!
Why are they blaming Beck? We all know it’s George Bush stirring up the backlash.

lonestar1 on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

You’re gonna have to take a number, Aggie.

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Unlike Teh One, meathead can handle more than one woman.

MeatHeadinCA on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

On Friday the Labor Dept will report that another 200,000+ workers made a sacrifice too.
What an idiot.

jjshaka on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Man, she’s as arrogant as her husband.

Bob's Kid on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

You are not SERIOUS?

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

..damn! First crack out of the bag; I was thinking of that John McEnroe commercial.

VoyskaPVO on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

UnderstandingisPower on September 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

That woman spoke for quite a few women in this Country.

I cried.

seesalrun on September 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Michelle is a narcisstic whiner who has a HUGE chip on her shoulder. The AMERICANS to be proud of are all those white, brown, and black (and there were plenty of each) who marched and sacrificed, including giving their LIVES to fight for their country, including fighting racism. She will only be proud if her husband (the slumlord pal) is elected, how childish. Why is she not proud of the sacrifices made by Americans before her that allowed for programs like affirmative action so she could attend a prestigious college even though her (self admitted – read Newsweek) grades and SAT scores were not good enough. It’s all about Michelle – a typical whiny rich person – she’s no better than Paris Hilton – oh the country is so unfair!
- Obamamania

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM

General McChrystal should stop calling so often! The President and First Lady are in the process of self sacrifice and thought you might want to know.

R Square on September 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I wouldn’t consider it a sacrifice at all if she decided to stay in Copenhagen. With Oprah. And Barry.

Not. At. All.

catmman on September 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

WAAAAATERLOOOOOOOO COOOOPENHAGENNNNNN

LibTired on September 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

What is this Allah, no Kurt Cameron slam piece? Have you lost your edge?

leftnomore on September 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Will there be any form,shape,or appearance of percieved
jobs,and will the SRM,conduct a poll,slanted of course
proclaiming at least some form of shovel-ready jobs,and
if these jobs were for clean-up,please give me a break,
as the Liberals had their swear-in of Obama and left a gar
bage dump that any small city would be envious of!

So why is the POTUS AND FLOTUS going for broke,trying to
bring the Olympics to Chicago!

Is it jobs!

A way to get bailout money to rebuild Chicago!

Or,are the Obama’s hoping that they get the Olympics,
so they have at least one success,whatever their version
of successs is!!

canopfor on September 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM

HornetSting on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Thanks Hornet. I need a pick me up and a couple of slaps would do the trick. On the other hand, there’s a lot to slap so there will be plenty left.

txag92 on September 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM

So I got to wondering. How’d she transport her and Oprah’s behinds over there? Did they run a round-robin shuttle of AF One? I am sure they didn’t go tourist class on SAS.

Again, we get stiffed for a quasi-date night.

VoyskaPVO on September 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

And they get the kid’s gloves treatment on this blog, too – can’t be making any “impolitic” references to the America-haters in the White House, like is fair game with anyone else who “looks like those other guys on the dollar bills [sic]“. No, sir. Affirmative action will prove to be the death of this nation, literally.

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I would really be interested to know what this woman’s SAT scores were.

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

It’s the width of her a$$ in inches divided by pi.

justltl on September 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM