Michelle Obama: I know people say it was a sacrifice for me and Oprah to go to Copenhagen

posted at 8:23 pm on September 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’m … pretty sure no one’s saying that.

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her “dear friend” and “chit-chat buddy” Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow’s visit by President Obama, is a “sacrifice” on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. “As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days,” the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, “so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home.”

What, just because you’re forced to accommodate Oprah’s giant ego and listen to The One deliver another droning speech and make kissyface with corrupt Olympic officials and field endless moronic questions about how you get your arms so toned and, um…

Actually, dude? That sounds horrible. I salute the First Lady for her noble sacrifice on our behalf.

Meanwhile, back in Chitown, a nascent “give the damned Olympics to Rio already” movement is brewing, replete with its very own website. Exit question: Who’s responsible in the White House’s eyes for stirring up this subversive anti-American sentiment? There can be only one answer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Who is watching Rudy and Vanessa Sasha and Malia?

SouthernGent on October 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Quick, change the locks!

Socmodfiscon on October 1, 2009 at 7:56 AM

The whitehouse reminds me of the bad guys in the old Scooby-Doo’s. “We would’ve gotten away with it, too! If it weren’t for Glenn Beck’s meddling!”

Even my kids understand that they are just mad because they keep getting found out- NOT that they feel bad about actually doing any of this stuff.

cibolo on October 1, 2009 at 8:05 AM

I didn’t think the White House could get any less classier tenants than the Arkansas white trash that occupied it for 8 years.

bloviator on October 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

One Football Comment

The White House is probably hearing it from every goofy liberal hack who works in the doting, lefty media. The media elite are rapidly losing credibility and, if this keeps up, their gravy train may be damaged. Therefore, Beck has to he stopped. And he better have a more neat and accurate display of facts than I have seen or the White House web site will be very busy.

BTW, why doesn’t the White House refute that book, “Culture of Corruption”?

Barry and company will not do defense well. They have never had to play it. But let us hope that nobody hands them the ball.

IlikedAUH2O on October 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Obama is going to Copenhagen for another purpose. To stake out digs for the Climate Change Conference…

James on October 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Put Mitt Romney in charge, and MAYBE the games will turn a profit.

James on October 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM

No genius….
…..this is sacrifice:

CNSNews.com
43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforcements
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

(CNSNews.com) – Another American died in Afghanistan on Wednesday, the final day of September–and exactly one month after the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan sent a confidential war assessment to the Obama administration, warning that more forces are needed–soon.
Get the he!! away from a camera for 5 minutes and a least try to do what a President is supposed to do….address the problems this nation faces and come up with credible,coherent solutions.

That would be a “change” from this first 9 months of failure and photo shoots.

Baxter Greene on October 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Great point. Too bad the FLOTUS and POTUS wouldn’t understand it, even if they were to read it.

SouperConservative on October 1, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Channeling Obama’s inner monologue:

“If only this pesky overseas contingency operations on man caused disasters would go away, I could spend even more time on TV and hobnobbing with celebrities and playing golf and ignoring the military. I want the Olympics real bad so I can hook up Rezko’s friends with all sorts of contracts so he’ll be quiet in 2012 so I can be President for another 4 years and manufacture a crisis that requires me to be president for several more terms, until the remaking of America in my image is complete”

James on October 1, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Who is watching Rudy and Vanessa Sasha and Malia?
SouthernGent on October 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM

It’s a song cue: Mother-in-Law….Mother-in-Law…

kingsjester on October 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Between her and Oprah I bet it was a real sacrifice both getting their fat behinds up into the plane and then getting up off the AF1 couch to get out of the plane. I’d hate to have to drag that thing around.

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Does AF1 need to refuel in mid flight to get that load off the ground under the planes gross takeoff weight. I bet the fuel tanks are only half filled.

Jeff from WI on October 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Michelle Obama: I know people say it was a sacrifice…

The headline was so preposterous I had to read details to believe it. What a disgusting piece of self-absorbed elitist trash she is.

petefrt on October 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Oh my, how humble.
/sarc

elclynn on October 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Who warms the sun?

DaveC on October 1, 2009 at 10:06 AM

=Glen Beck

As Chris Wallace said, “What a bunch of crybabies.”

shick on October 1, 2009 at 10:08 AM

That would be a “change” from this first 9 months of failure and photo shoots.

Baxter Greene on October 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I believe the casualty rate has gone up since Obama took the throne. The media (only Foxnews) should run a series of reports on the effects of “Change”.

shick on October 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I’m so glad this WH focuses its attention on issues that really matter! Why be bothered with two wars, a continuing economic meltdown and other trivial things when there’s an opportunity for gettin’ while the gettin’s good?

ya2daup on October 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM

a sacrifice???????

Un f*cking real!
Just how put upon, woman the only ones that are making a sacrifice are the american people.

Jesus I cant beleive I am saying this , but these two chuckle f*cks make me long for the days of bill clintoon and billary!

ColdWarrior57 on October 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Oh shut up. You didnt sacrafice squat lady. You didn’t even fly commercial.

tx2654 on October 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM

This woman is incredibly galling. I hope the poor of Chicago appreciate what’s about to happen to them, because I sure as hell don’t.

capejasmine on October 1, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Ya’… when I think of Summer Sports and Fun, I think Chicago. Please…

ronnyraygun on October 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hey have it in New Orleans! Yeah. A nice speedy snappy city.
They don’t call it ‘the big lazy easy’ for nothing, with Chicago a close second. It will be a total disaster if it goes to Chicago. The Mayor of the U.S. will keep trying though.

johnnyU on October 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM

The First Ho sacrifices by eating caviar provided by the taxpayers at 50,000 feet with Oprah, while belching tons of heat-trapping CO2 into the stratosphere. This sacrifice will provide Valerie Jarrett (i.e. the Chicago corruptocracy) with a means to unload her slumlord properties at an inflated price. Real sacrifice is found in Afghanistan, where soldiers are dying while Ochimpy eats his waffle.

cavman on October 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM