Video: Democratic idiot explains the GOP health-care plan to you

posted at 9:38 pm on September 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s come to this.

His remarks, which drew angry and immediate calls for an apology from Republicans, were highlighted by a sign reading “The Republican Health Care Plan: Die Quickly.”

Veteran Tennessee Republican Jimmy Duncan abandoned customary reticence to chastise Grayson.

“That is about the most mean-spirited partisan statement that I’ve ever heard made on this floor, and I, for one, don’t appreciate it,” Duncan said.

“It’s fully appropriate that the gentleman return to the floor and apologize,” said Rep. Marsha Blackburn, another Tennessee Republican.

This is the same moron, you may recall, whose own deep thoughts about policy come from riding the teacups at Disney World and then declaring that every American deserves a federally mandated week’s worth of paid vacation. No, I’m not kidding.

He wanted some cheap free publicity by pulling this stunt and, gosh darn it, he’s going to get it. Here’s your 15 minutes, jerky.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

perroviejo on September 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Dog lover?

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

okay, his time is up.

where’s the cuda thread?

ted c on September 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM

The reason we Republicans don’t want Americans to get sick, but just die, is the lucrative human organ market. At least when I joined the GOP and became one of the undead, that’s how it was explained to me. Isn’t this taught in colleges across the country?

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Three things:*

snip

* Biden numerical system

hillbillyjim on September 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

three-three*

* Whoopi channeling Biden (scary thought, eh?)

Yoop on September 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I don’t know why, but that screencap is hilarious.

Maybe because it’s so over-the-top that I’d expect it to be mockery from Crowder or something.

MadisonConservative on September 29, 2009 at 9:40 PM

MadCon,

I don’t think we’ve seen the mockery that’s about to come from the left. DU makes fun of the capitalist Michael Mooore for making money the old fasioned way and still gets pissed at ABC for cancelling Moore for “pre” bad-mouthing them. The/our president is on another world tour to “come home with the beacon” or not, to save some jobs he promised months ago. The shock that victory is suddenly no longer revelent (except to our brave ones in the field, makes me wanna puke at the thought that he has no strategy. From his entire campaign all we heard was how he wuz gonna git Bin laden and Iraq wuz a mess. If I didn’t think some one was in charge I’d be very worried.

Rovin on September 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

where’s the cuda thread?

ted c on September 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM

November 17th.
Allah will have the ‘obligatory’ thread.
What could go wrong?

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Yeah. I can’t believe Feeney lost. That district was carved out specifically for him.

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM

That’s what happens when you get caught with your pecker in Jack Abramoff’s pocket, run a lousy campaign, and get run over by the coat-tails of the Hopenchange express. I blame the local GOP for not persuading him to drop out and let another candidate have a shot. His connection to Abramoff was toxic.

Kosmas is a twit. She used to be my Representative in the state house. I met her in Tallahasse a few times. She has the depth of a cookie sheet.

2010 can’t get here fast enough…

JohnBG on September 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Brain! Me want brain!

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I’d rather focus on the Republican idiot who called Obama an enemy to humanity.
Norman Blizter on September 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Focus on me. I agree Obama is a enemy to humanity.

IowaWoman on September 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Same here he’s more dangerous to the U.S. than Bin Laden

bluestateconservative on September 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

That is true, Lox. But, I figure, with gov’t healthcare, there will be a lot of people just ready to sell organs for my ebay organ store.
Btw, what blood type are you, Lox?

HornetSting on September 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Last we heard of this pathetic twit, he was ripping on the Federal Reserve and wondering where $6 trillion went. Conservatives who didn’t know who he was thought he was a conservative, I think.

He’s not. He’s just another liberal idiot.

Jaibones on September 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Actually, it’s a very telling moment.

Obamacare has been praised to the Heavens by every talking-head, spin-doctor, and ‘rat who can draw a breath in front of a TV camera. Add to that Teh One ‘flooding the zone’.

The Result: 56% say NO.

Okay, Plan B: demonize the source of every alternative idea before any of them can gain any traction.

Grayson’s pathetic time-worn attack [REPUBLICANS WANT YOU TO DIE!] is as close to admission of failure as the ‘rats will ever get.

Or so I think.

CPT. Charles on September 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Kosmas is a twit.

JohnBG on September 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Tell me something I don’t know. She’s my rep for another year.
But the fact of the matter is between Obozomania and the crappy candidate on our side, many Republicans stayed home.
Jeb Bush could’ve run and lost last year. Just a fluke.

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I hear that human lungs make for excellent bagpipes. Just sayin’….

I know that’s stretching it a bit, but this is the internet.

hillbillyjim on September 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

projection? How can one only care about the protecting insurance companies profits AND want their customers to “die quickly”? If they all die, there’s no profits. The moron can’t see that?

It’s the Dems that want people to die quickly. Your party is the party talking about Medicare cuts jacka**!

jawkneemusic on September 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

He’s just another liberal idiot.

Jaibones on September 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Apparently, there’s an almost inexhaustible supply.

ncborn on September 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

These are the guys complaining about the word “death panels.”

True_King on September 29, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Alex I will take “Throw Granny under the train” card for $ 200.00 The reason I’m choosing this card is that San Fran Nan has already played the “Nazi” card and the Peanut Farmer has played the “Race” card. This tells me that true desperation has set in and the Donks don’t like it.

Dire Straits on September 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM

So I guess Drywall is not a Canadian MP after all, he is a Congressman from Florida… LMAO, what a moron

Norwegian on September 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Say whatever about this clown, but Americans don’t take enough vacation. I agree with a law that mandates vacation time.

amkun on September 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

This guy is a fool. The voters need to vote him out when he’s up for reelection.

Brat4life on September 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Back to the subject matter; this brilliantly stupid position taken by this simply stupid politician merely highlights how desperate these guys have become.

It would take a hermit to give any credibility to this bizarro world interpretation of the opposing health-care plans.

I seriously doubt that even the hard-core DKos-reading, Kool-Aid-drinking, Olbermann-loving libiots will buy this shazitt. Although, I’m sure some of them will pretend to.

hillbillyjim on September 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

amkun on September 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I’m not trying to jump on you – but, please, no more laws!

We need the government mandating anything else like a fish needs a bicycle!

massrighty on September 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Brain! Me want brain!

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM

The market price for brains is extremely high these days with the MSM, Hollywood and academia sucking them out by the millions every year. And, yes. I am aware of how desperately you need one. So given the high asking price and your known financial capacity, as you are merely one of the mindless robots in the vast right-wing conspiracy that is being manipulated by elite capitalist vampires, I started a collection.

This is all I’ve been able to get donated so far. It’s about enough to add one “Duh” to your vocabulary. Sorry.

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Tell me something I don’t know. She’s my rep for another year.

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

At least I get John Mica as my representative in Congress.

Not that he’s a ball of fire, he seems pretty stuffy to me.

Fortunately for him, the Dems only ran a crazy as bat-shiat woman from a local schol board as token opposition against him and moved their efforts into more winnable contests such as the Kosmas/Feeney race.

At least Mica is better than Douchebag Grayson and Twit Kosmas.

JohnBG on September 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

What the hell? That’s only like three cells. I have those already, see?

O/T, Sven is back. How ’bout Upstater?

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

He’s just another liberal idiot.

Jaibones on September 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Apparently, there’s an almost inexhaustible supply.

ncborn on September 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Your observation is correct. You witnessed the *incubators* in the “chanting children” videos making the news the past 10 days.

Yoop on September 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Last time I saw this guy on here, it was because he was holding a “town hall”, in a union hall, that held less than 200 people, announced only 2 hours to the public before it was held.

A real profile in courage.

Marcus on September 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Btw, what blood type are you, Lox?

HornetSting on September 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Ah, yes. The typical capitalist vamp. Always looking for a buck.

And my blood is pure milk chocolate.

You are what you eat.

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM

massrighty on September 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I understand, and contradictorially agree. But, American culture is one that makes people feel very guilty for taking vacation time, and many times, those who do go on vacation continue to work.

Americans give billions back in vacation time to their employers. I just think we are being completely taken advantage of.

amkun on September 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

A real profile in courage.

Marcus on September 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

You forgot to mention that most of the attendees were union members held over from a previous meeting

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I hear that human lungs make for excellent bagpipes. Just sayin’….

I know that’s stretching it a bit, but this is the internet.

hillbillyjim on September 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

First teabaggers. Now bagpipers. Republicans have one track minds.

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Btw, what blood type are you, Lox?

HornetSting on September 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

When’s the IPO? AND…what’s your projections? ;)
You wearing your headdress?

jerrytbg on September 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

‘Nite, Lox, Sting.

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

That’s only like three cells. I have those already, see?

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Everybody who’s anybody knows that anyone opposed to Obama is either a congenital idiot or a hateful bigot or both. You people are all alike. I hate you. I learned everything i ever needed to know from the DU. Duh!

(As to the rest, nope.)

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Lanceman on September 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Goodnight, my friend. Take good care of yourself. You are needed.

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM

C’mon, where’s the link to his 2010 opponent’s campaign fund? Does he have an opponent for 2010??? Talk about a good opportunity to raise some cash!

CJ on September 29, 2009 at 11:14 PM

First teabaggers. Now bagpipers. Republicans have one track minds.

Loxodonta on September 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

It’s all about the bags?

I missed that connection. It must be my inherent racism.

Yeah, that must be it.

hillbillyjim on September 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Ahh, projection. The liberals first, last, and only tool of subjugation

clement on September 29, 2009 at 11:16 PM

People of Florida:

This is YOUR Congressman. FIRE HIM next year IN THE PRIMARY. He does not deserve a job in Congress.

Khun Joe on September 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Congressman Jackass doesn’t see the irony: The mockery he thinks he is making is actually better than any legislation presented so far by the dimwits in his party. Of course DIE QUICKLY is better – it’s simple, doesn’t require 1000+ pages to explain, and doesn’t have mandatory participation.

Really Congressman Jackass, you should be embarrassed that the “die quickly” option looks better to many of us. /no snark for you

NumberTwo on September 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM

CJ on September 29, 2009 at 11:14 PM

and he is in an R+2 district so it wouldn’t be a lost cause like those donating against an R+9 district.

clement on September 29, 2009 at 11:20 PM

amkun on September 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

How very liberal of you to take the concept of the work ethic and turn it into victimhood. Most people who refuse vacations are managers or business owners who just hate losing control.

I take my vacations. It sounds like you take yours, and yet choose to claim victim status anyway. How lame is that?

Jaibones on September 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM

And now some cheery news … The Banking System Is Insolvent

J_Crater on September 29, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Classic liberal projection.

LibTired on September 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Haha!!…this tool is from my brother’s district.

He’s gonna pop a cork when I email this to him.

The Ugly American on September 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Given how the elderly in Florida are feeling about ObamaCare, were I Grayson, I wouldn’t be drawing attention to myself.

GarandFan on September 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM

That was hysterical! I loved it. I think the GOP should hire this guy to go around explaining the differences in the plans to everyone. He’s too funny. But he seems to have problems organizing simple lines of thought and childish explanations. In his retarded version of the Republican plan, that second card didn’t get much stage time. I guess he thought of something funny while he was designing this epic display, but forgot what it was as he on the stage. It’s generally tough to go wrong with just three cards, but he managed it. That’s the sort of person I want making health care decisions. Oh yeah. But his version of the Democratic plan was even a step beyond that. It was another brilliant triple:

1) if you have health insurance, we’re going to make it better
2) if you don’t have health insurance, we’re going to provide it to you
3) if you can’t afford health insurance, then we’ll help you to afford health insurance.

Forgetting the insane detachment from reality that anyone who even mutters the above must suffer from, it’s interesting that he never figured out that 2) sort of invalidates 3). I guess “provide” has some whole other meaning to this guy … though that wouldn’t really be a surprise. Who ever voted for this imbecile?

progressoverpeace on September 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Fat Hobbitses should not be speaking of dying quickly.

Pilgrimsarbour on September 29, 2009 at 11:57 PM

This guy really IS stupid. He’s a democrat and he’s mistaking the democrat health care plan for a republican plan.

I think he’s probably the victim of a lobbyist that didn’t get his way playing a practical joke on the moron, convincing him up is down, left is right, black is white….oh wait, that’s normal for liberals…

Spiritk9 on September 30, 2009 at 12:04 AM

This guy should take one of those pain pills he wants to give to “shovel ready” grandma.

Mojave Mark on September 30, 2009 at 12:11 AM

“The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick!”

The Democrats want you to die quickly if you get old. So, all you have to do is not age. Simple.

Left Coast Right Mind on September 30, 2009 at 12:13 AM

douchebag

therightscoop on September 30, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Gah!

Grayson stick to beating on the Bernanke and the Fed.

quit being a douchbag.

jharada on September 30, 2009 at 12:18 AM

HornetSting on September 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

——————————————————————————————
Will you take antique organs?

ziggyville on September 30, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Wrong reaction. They should have asked him to do it, again. They should ask him to do it every single day.

progressoverpeace on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Is that a Labotomy Scar on his forehead?

BigMike252 on September 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm See Alan Grayson Play
Attack the GOP today.
He thinks he’s cute,
and such a hoot.
in his own juvenile way.

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm

I think I’ll keep my day job.

Texyank on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Swift had a modest proposal. So do I:

If Libs think this country’s health care is in shambles, shouldn’t they volunteer to expose themselves to the H1N1 virus. By totaling those who die, we could then assess whether or not we have a problem, and, if so, how big it is. Additional benefits would include improving political discourse, reducing carbon footprints, and delaying social security’s breakdown.

So perhaps our brave trolls could lead the way.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Hey Greyson….maybe you should listen to your liberal messiah:

But what we have also seen in these last months is the same partisan spectacle that only hardens the disdain many Americans have toward their own government. Instead of honest debate, we have seen scare tactics. Some have dug into unyielding ideological camps that offer no hope of compromise. Too many have used this as an opportunity to score short-term political points, even if it robs the country of our opportunity to solve a long-term challenge. And out of this blizzard of charges and counter-charges, confusion has reigned.

Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed.

President Obama’s address to Congress
September 9, 2009

Baxter Greene on September 30, 2009 at 1:12 AM

He’s a real life Patrick from sponge Bob, without the goofy laugh.

the Coondawg on September 30, 2009 at 1:24 AM

HornetSting on September 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

My organs have already been preserved in whiskey–will that help?

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Umm I think he is talking about the wrong party. I understand the death panels are part of the Democratic plan.

petunia on September 30, 2009 at 2:27 AM

This guy is a joke.

For starters, universal health care systems the world over (umm, like the ones the DNC is trying to shove down our throats) are NOTORIOUS for using the ‘die quickly’ approach to cost savings. (see Oregon’s dealing with cancer patients) so him bringing that meme up will only bite them in the rear.

Second, he might have the worst delivery ever. If you are going to waste tax payers time to crack jokes on the floor, at least be a good showman.

Finally, when ANYONE hears someone promising the moon (“if you have insurance, nothing will change it’ll be better, if you don’t we’ll give it to you, if you can’t afford it, we’ll pay!”) if they have a lick of sense in their brain they KNOW there is a catch. A GIANT one.

MannyT-vA on September 30, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Die, slowely and painfully, Grayson

ToddonCapeCod on September 30, 2009 at 5:51 AM

So, remind me again which party has lowered the civility of discourse in politics?

Sporty1946 on September 30, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I forgot. Is his first name Alan or Dick?

Mr. Grump on September 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Sooooooo, if the Messiah gets his way and the Government takes over healthcare as THE SINGLE PAYER, Democrats advice to voters will be “Don’t Get Sick” and “Die Quickly” to spare yourself the agony of waiting for rationed healthcare.

olesparkie on September 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Mmm…Mmm…Mmm…
My father would have asked him if he were still alive today ” Excuse me sir, Did you take your medicine today?”

margretto on September 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I am in Mica’s district, but I have a cadre of friends that are chomping at the bit to rid themselves of Grayson and Kostas, and I will be joing their efforts.

He is a fluke because his predecessor was a Repub fluke (dimwit Kellor) and hopefully the local Repubs have wised up and will run a strong candidate.

Regardless, I will be working hard to rid Cen Fla of this tool.

CinnamongirlUF on September 30, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Aaaaannnnnd any credibility Grayson had built up by grilling the Fed is immediately wiped out.

aic4ever on September 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Meh. This is fair turnabout for the “death panel” nonsense.

Constant Parrhesia on September 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Actually, that’s the Democrat health care plan.

cheeflo on September 30, 2009 at 9:39 AM

People of Florida:

Khun Joe on September 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Uh… no he’s not. John Mica is MY Congressman, and I’ll keep him if you don’t mind. This tool belongs to Ocala, which is surprising as that is not a bastion of liberalism as far as I’ve seen. That’s right next to The Villages. You remember that truely mammoth Sarah Palin campaign rally?

Immolate on September 30, 2009 at 9:52 AM

“Meh. This is fair turnabout for the “death panel” nonsense.

Constant Parrhesia on September 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM”

So a hyperbolic lie is a fair response to an essential truth? Riddle me this, batman… describe to me a scenario where government supplies health-care to most Americans and does not ration that care. Rationed care will always–must always–occur primarily in the final years of life, because that is where the most expensive and most heroic medical procedures are clustered. That means that someone will have to decide what procedures the government will or will not cover, and the result of that will be that some will die in spite of the existence of technology that would have saved them. It’s plain, simple, common sense.

Yes, this happens already. But today, those decisions are made by individuals on their own behalf or on behalf of their loved ones. It isn’t a death panel when you or I decide to forgoe a medical procedure because the expense would be too great or because we no longer want to fight whatever is killing us. It’s only a death panel when someone else makes that decision.

Immolate on September 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM

This has probably already been said…

But aren’t those bullet points Grayson laid out exactly what the democrat plan is?

samuelrylander on September 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM

GO! Grayson GO!

The more you spout off like this, the better! At this rate, by the 2010′s, my dead hamster will be able to beat you!

GrayDog on September 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM

How in the HE** did this numnuts ever get elected to Congress? This doesn’t say much for those who elected him. No wonder we have such a huge government problem in thsi country. He cries out for TERM LIMITS!

ILUVTX on September 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Die Quickly? I thought that’s what OBAMA told the lady whose 100-year-old mom wanted a pacemaker! You gotta give Obama credit, though–he did offer her pain-killers.

Is Grayson’s district anywhere near where Terri Schiavo used to live? They told her to die quickly, too!!!

Steve Z on September 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM

No, we prefer to watch them die slowly…you are talking about Obama’s poll numbers aren’t you?

right2bright on September 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Hey Grayson…..can you spell Q-A-L-Y? putz.

Fighton03 on September 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Oh my! How awful. It’s almost as bad as when Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite (R-Fla.) said Dem plans would tell seniors to “drop dead.”

Or when Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) said Democratic plans for a public option would “kill people.”

Or when Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) said Dems’ proposals might “put seniors in a position of being put to death by their government.”

This kind of rhetoric is foolish whether it’s Grayson, Brown-Waite, Broun, or Foxx slinging it. Let’s be less selective about our outrage.

orange on September 30, 2009 at 2:38 PM

So, uh, when the Republicans were screaming DIE DIE DIE a few weeks ago none of you had a problem with that.

Yet now, you’re upset.

Hmmmmmm.

Dave Rywall on September 30, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I’m so embarrassed that this idiot represents my district.

Ugh.

Don’t blame me, I voted for the other guy….

Ripley on September 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Who needs it? We like what we have. Whats the emergency?
No insurance? My hotpital treat uninsured people. Its the law. How about getting rid of $8 aspirins instead? Or $400.00 emergency waiting room charges? Or $125.00 crutches?

johnnyU on September 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM

for a minute there I thought I was watching the first funny SNL sketch in a decade, then I realized that it was real. Now I’m not sure if I should laugh or cry.

jollycynic on September 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Beam me up Scotty!

chickasaw42 on September 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

His sign should have said….if you are sick, we Democrats want control over the decision…if you’ll die.

njpat on September 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM