Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on September 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Ms. Vincent didn’t reveal any details about the book, but did acknowledge it will describe Ms. Palin’s frustration over her treatment by the staffers she inherited from the McCain campaign after her surprise pick as the GOP vice presidential nominee last year. Ms. Palin was booked on grueling interviews with hostile reporters while talk-show hosts such as Glenn Beck couldn’t even get through to her aides. Mr. Beck tells me he was stunned when he picked up the phone one day just before the election to discover Sarah Palin was on the other end of the line. ‘She explained that she had been blocked from reaching her audience, so she was now ‘going rogue’ and booking her own interviews,’ Mr. Beck told me. ‘I was thrilled she had burst out of the cage they’d built for her and we were finally talking.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

OK, i have been trying for two days to find Sarah’s book at Amazon. Several people here are referring to it being on the amazon best seller list. I don’t see it. Where are you all finding it? Someone said it wasn’t searchable yet at amazon. I just scrolled through their top 100 list and didn’t find it. ???

karenhasfreedom on September 30, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Sarah can do two things very well, and fearlessly:

1. criticize Obama, and
2. ridicule him

This decapitates the empty heads on the left, including him.

Schadenfreude on September 30, 2009 at 2:01 AM

But Sarah has to win the GOP nomination. That is not as easy as it may seem.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I’m not so sure that is even necessary. What has to happen is securing Obama to one term only. Palin’s contribution is part of the equation but may not need to be in the role of challenger.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Sarah will run in 2012; she’ll do it because the living hell in which Obama plans to imprison every American is, as it is for all of us, not an option.

The difference is, she can do something about it. Like become President and restore our freedom. And first and foremost, she’ll do it for her family, especially Trig.

Even now, there is no one in this country, including (especially!)Obama, that can compare to her, and we haven’t even seen but a fraction of her talent.

It will be Sarah in 2012. Let’s pray for her every day.

tigerlily on September 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM

karenhasfreedom on September 30, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Going Rogue on Amazon

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Going Rogue: Best Sellers Number 6 on Amazon

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 2:05 AM

It will be Sarah in 2012. Let’s pray for her every day.

tigerlily on September 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Very rarely is it the case where first choice is clear from this far out.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM

I don’t like that Sarah stepped down as governor of Alaska. She should have done a tour in the senate as well. She’s young and would be perfect with some careful aging. I hope she doesn’t run yet. If we’re after a woman candidate go with Dick Cheney’s daughter AFTER she’s been governor or senator for a while. She’s amazing.

Mojave Mark on September 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM

No disrespect, and I won’t even beat you up over your comment on her stepping down, because if you ain’t smart enough and informed enough to get that one…….

…..not much hope for you.

However, with that said: Why, in the name of all that is holy, would Sarah Palin want to waste 20 seconds in the United States Senate?

It is a very rare occurrence that we EVER elect a Senator to POTUS. Obama is the first Senator elected in 50 years, and is living, indisputable proof, of why we don’t elect Senators.

On the Other hand, we DO elect Governors.

Governors do everything Presidents do just on a smaller scale, except declare war. And if all that I have read about the Alaska Governor’s position, strategically, and the briefings the Alaska Governor gets, is true, Sarah, as Governor of Alaska, even has a leg up there.

Sarah has been a successful two term mayor, Chairman of the AOGCC, and by any measure, an extremely successful Governor.

The lady has 17 years worth of executive level experience. Experience at being in charge. Of making tough decisions. Of having the buck stop at her desk.

I doubt she has ever voted “present” or or could even fathom doing so.

The Senate is a glorified debate society. You can count the rue leaders, those who MIGHT be able to step up, on one hand. (and have fingers left over)

Usually Americans like “outside the Beltway types” as POTUS anyway, but in 2012, I imagine that will be mandatory to get elected.

You just don’t get more “outside the Beltway” than Sarah Palin!

She’s fine where she’s at.

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Very few people mention it but by I believe that Sarah Palin was fatigued the day she gave the solo interview with Couric. Look at her face and eyes. She looked drained and her face is drawn. I have never seen like that before or since. For what reason: living out of a suitcase for 3 weeks; staying up late at night going over the briefing books, her biorhytms being off etc.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Do you remember how vicious the left got immediately after she was announced? There is no way Sarah could have been prepared for that. I read that Couric kept trying to play gotcha with the abortion question, asked it various times various ways to try to get Sarah to say somethign contradictory and I think that Sarah just got sick and tired of it…plus Schmitd completely ignored her wishes re how to handle rumors and I think it took its toll a little but she still did better than 99% of people in that situation would have.

CCRWM on September 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM

sorry for the run on sentence…

CCRWM on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM

I try to figure out the patterns of trolls so I can more successfully respond to them. I confess that some are extremely difficult. However, they so disrupt my ability to read through threads, that I need a means of either dealing with them or ignoring them.

I don’t see any pattern to trollism, just like I don’t see reason to why anarchists protest the G8 meetings. It’s just to throw gasoline on the fire. A scorched earth mentality.

Also, some commentators are labeled as trolls who really aren’t, but are simply odd or holding honest, but differing views.

Have you considered looking at those commentators who label others as trolls, racists, or any other names? Just because those commentators make provocative statements some might find either upsetting to them or they read too much into the meaning of the comment.

You are a free thinker…. tell us how you really feel.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I’m not any better than anyone else who posts here. I’m sometimes wrong, I make typing and formatting mistakes (I am dylsexic, you know), I lose my temper, and I can be very irritating.

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 2:00 AM

And if you continue being nice to me, I’ll be forced to tease you unmercifully when I’m able to do so. So, fair warning.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Schadenfreude on September 30, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Am I wrong to suspect that I recognize you, or have you been here before?

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 2:19 AM

She is the worst attention whore out there.

Someone please tell this un-electable woman to shut it.

Anders on September 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Hey, at least Obama actually wrote his own book. He didn’t pawn it out to some QVC Christian Harlequin romance writer to do it for him. But of course he can actually, you know, write and read.

Grow Fins on September 29, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Could you BE more stupid?

Obama’s “Dreams of the Sperm Donor I Never Met” was written by his BFF, murdering domestic terrorist William Ayers, founder of the ultra-violent Weather Underground.

This has been studied and confirmed by forensic specialists.

Obama has a real thing for these Weather Underground murdering terrorists, as the OTHER founding member, Jeff Jones reportedly wrote the $1 trillion porkulus package!

Seems that, as usual, Sarah was right. Barack Obama LOVES pallin’ around with terrorists!

Epic Fail Troll!

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Dude, remind me to be careful around you.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 2:21 AM

She is the worst attention whore out there.

Someone please tell this un-electable woman to shut it.

Anders on September 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Ah, a perfect specimen for you Lox.

I won’t call this troll a troll. It speaks for it’s self.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Thanks for the link, I don’t know how I missed it. I think I wasn’t looking for it to already climb to #6 on the Amazon list.

I am bummed that I can’t pre-order this to help with the sales. I am going to be out in California that week, and boarding a cruise ship to Hawaii shortly after the release date. I guess I will have to get to Costco and pick up my copies there. I will pick up extra copies for my idiot friends who voted for obambi out there.

Good timing, right? I get to read Sarah’s 400+ page book while cruising at sea for the 5 days it takes to get out to Hawaii. Good times. I plan to take that book to the most visible part of the ship’s lounges and watch the faces of people as they notice what book I am reading. :)

karenhasfreedom on September 30, 2009 at 2:22 AM

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 2:21 AM

It’s his own mein kampf

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:24 AM

She is the worst attention whore out there.

Someone please tell this un-electable woman to shut it.

Anders on September 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Hmm…

Should she shut up because she’s an attention whore or because she’s unelectable? Something else I may be missing?

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Something else I may be missing?

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:27 AM

The Fear They Smell, is their own BO

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:31 AM

The more these trolls bash Sarah Palin the more my love and respect for the United States diminishes.

You should be more concerned about where Obama is taking America. In the future people will either regret voting for him or curse those who blindly followed.

A concerned Aussie here.

Crux Australis on September 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Ok, have had two coffee’s with whiskey–bring it on! :)

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Crux Australis on September 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Don’t worry–we will solve that problem in 2010, and again in 2012!

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 2:35 AM

A concerned Aussie here.

Crux Australis on September 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM

There certainly is a bit of both happening. Fortunately, the former is growing daily.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:36 AM

A concerned Aussie here.

Crux Australis on September 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM

G’Day, We are concerned and we are doing something about it.

See this

People have already regretted voting for him and curse those who voted for him. Palin is our next best real Hope

BTW, Love Australia mate

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM

BREAKING: Iran has been building a nuclear warhead since 2004, the Financial Times reports.

amerpundit on September 30, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Go get them all Sara!!!! Get as much money in your pocket as you possibly can you deserve it. Please oh please get back in here with us and help us fight this fight and lead this great country above and beyond this horrible mess the politicians have gotten us into. We have your back all the way. If all these people would do their homework and look at her record of governing they wouldn’t be saying what they are saying because they just look so ignorant it’s pathetic. Rush is right when he said we just have to look at who they’re squawking the loudest about, she will be the one that will get the job done. Thank you Rush and Sara!

jeaneeinabottle on September 30, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM

You observe no difference between Grow Fins and AnninCA? You don’t see taking different approaches with them? I do. Each person, even each troll, is different, even if they are sockpuppets, playing different roles. Some actually cease trolling from times to time. Some are adept at disruption only. Others are clever at lies. Others are clever at slowly taking the thread onto the topic they are really here to promote.

As I respond to you as an individual, I respond to each troll differently. But I haven’t “studied” you, because you do not seem to pose a threat to me or this blog or Western Civilization as we know it. At least I hope not.

I study trolls because they try my patience so much that I have to figure out a way to deal with them (ignore or respond, and if respond, how), even so I can read through a thread that is being heavily trolled. That problem may be unique to me, but that’s the way I am.

Love helps. Humor helps. Patience helps. Knowledge helps.

Yes, I look at both the person making the charge and the person being charged. Sometimes, those making the charge are intolerant of any differing point of view or certain groups of people, perhaps one or more groups with which you identify yourself.

I’ve noted, however, that bullies and bigots can sometimes change and start questioning their own bigotry and bullying behavior. It sometimes seems hopeless that it can ever happen, then miraculous when it does, but people can change, you know.

For example, I’m almost certain that you’ve changed since we first encountered one another. At least I’m fairly confident that you wouldn’t be caught dead wearing the same outfit all that time.

You are a free thinker…. tell us how you really feel.

How dare you?! I am not a free thinker. I feel like you owe me 2 cents. Will that be debit or credit?

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Besides Sarah Palin, we must remember others like her that are fighting the good fight.

Michele Bachmann for one.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Dude, remind me to be careful around you.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Bagpiper!

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Ok, have had two coffee’s with whiskey–bring it on! :)

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 2:33 AM

But you haven’t given me enough material to tease you about yet!

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 3:06 AM

It’s his own mein kampf

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Exactly!

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Ordered my copy.

crosspatch on September 30, 2009 at 3:11 AM

And they are probably building it in Venezuela. How far can one of those Iranian rockets reach from Venezuela?

crosspatch on September 30, 2009 at 3:12 AM

I feel like you owe me 2 cents. Will that be debit or credit?

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Would you settle for a beer?

That’s what Obama would do….

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 3:06 AM

I am SO glad I’m not woking tonight! Heh…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM

working–sigh…shows what happens when I don’t preview…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 3:21 AM

It’s already on the Christmas gift list for my friends and family.

Bladerunner1701 on September 30, 2009 at 3:27 AM

I am continually amazed that some our filed generals do not realize that we are up against a vastly superior foe.

They almost make me want to be a dyed in the wool Marxist. (Well, hell, folks, they keep projecting the minority as the majority and we just go along.)
But I just can’t.
Here’s why.

I have a Traditional World view. If that dismisses or diminishies me in your eyes, you either don’t have a clue what I am referring to, or, you do, and this postulate is anathema to you.

Whatever.

I present a top ten of my own for a reinstatement of reason.

1. Elites, not the Israelis, control the wealth of the world.(ok, seriously, are you seriously wanting me to seriously hop on board the pick-up bed concept that 1% or less of the entire world population is in total control of the other 99+%? Seriously? (Shyte man, that’s better odds than you can never offer!)
“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled on the world..” type of stuff? So, then, what drives That World view?
2. Forces at work beyond most God fearing Americans comprehension are voracious in their apatite to destroy us and the US. Just for what we stand for. Our current President is doing what every leftist does and is planning to cut our defense budget. NB: God given rights, provide for National defense, ring a bell?
3. They have ‘googillions’ of our money to supply their lusts, pride and murders.
4. When they lose the high ground, they accuse you of atrocities. All the while planning your detention for your stance against comprimise.
5. Current trends suggest they will use “PERFORMING ARTISTs” , (read that: stand up/talk [ing head] show goober, flatbackin ‘stars’ like … Moore, Mahr, Couric, Gibson, King, Lauer, Rather (not) and….. crap fill it in yourself.) Not all, though, TG.
6. When libby trolls show up on “Freedom” sites to wreek havoc, it’s amazing how the gist of our passion is tracked and subsequently gets written into many of the legacy media/lamestreamers (select above) nightly performances to then ridicule our free voice in refuting servitude.

All in the name of entertainment. Can you say mewww?
7. When this won’t gain traction, play the race card (see #1).
8. I see a man for what he is. His fruit bears evidence of his character, not his skin color. (so, sue me. I grew up in the MLK day)
I really believe that most of our citizenry is of the same view.
I am positive that these elite forces that have our money to use against us, NOW use it by attempting to control ALL aspects of our everyday lives by force of (their) law if necessary. NB: “To Protect and Defend…” brother, choose your side with wisdom.
I know that our money is used to biasly promote an inferior, minority view to make you ‘see’ Their world view- be it progressive, post modern or nihilistic/dictato en finale.
9.. The pig flu virus that is Socialism is relentless (not to mention it’s manufactured hysteria) and makes one wonder what force could possibly be behind it. How long before the “EPIC FAIL” label is forever attached to it?
10. I’d rather be sittin around a campfire with my buds, drinkin a coldy and stoking a stoge, b.s.ing bout our day.If we didn’t kill, catch, trap or fatally wound (=- jes kiddin) something that day, we eat freeze dry and make it taste like, well, freeze dry. Rather have me some moose. But, I digress.

OkieDoc on September 30, 2009 at 3:36 AM

Would you settle for a beer?

That’s what Obama would do….

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 3:19 AM

No. I don’t drink alcohol, and I don’t need it to be slightly tipsy. Yes, as frightening as it may seem, I’m naturally this way and have been since I first learned to crawl and crawled right out of the house and into the woods.

And BTW, I rarely do anything that Barry would do, other than the basics needed to live. And just to be clear, by that I do not mean that I need a teleprompter and back lighting to live.

So, you now owe me your 2 cents worth. Please post it when you can.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I am continually amazed that some our filed field generals do not realize that we are up against a vastly superior foe.

No gesTAULT here, move along….

OkieDoc on September 30, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Going rogue is now #5 on amazon.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM

heh…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 4:31 AM

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM

+100. The only thing a tour of duty in the Senate might teach her is how to create gridlock and line her own pockets with graft money — something she’d never do anyway.

I have no idea what the future holds for Sarah, or what her ambitions are. I have a sneaking suspicion that if asked, she would run in 2012 or beyond, and nothing would make me happier. If she can win the nomination, I believe she would win the election, bitterly fought tho it might be. Because if she does get the nomination, it will be a no-confidence vote for Obama. A vote for Palin will be a vote for change. She is the Anti-Obama, and at the rate Dear Leader is going, that’s going to be exactly what the American people are looking for come 2012.

Of course, if she doesn’t get the nomination, she’s still viable. What she might do, who knows? If a Republican gets elected, and can lose the chip on their shoulder, Palin could find herself appointed to a cabinet post. But the Senate would be a colossal waste of time, I think. I don’t know what she “should” do but one thing I do know is that this woman has the keenest political instincts I’ve ever seen. It seems effortless for her. Whatever direction she goes in, she will come out on top. She always does.

NoLeftTurn on September 30, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Michele Bachmann for one.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Indeed. I donated to MB’s campaign. I don’t want her to be palinized like Sarah.

But I spared some dollars for Sarah’s book plus PAC.

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Going rogue is now #5 on amazon.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM

heh…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 4:31 AM

It’s frustrating indeed. I thought it would reach #1 to Amazon after 1 hour. /sarc

Oh … wait. Nov. 17 is the official release. Months earlier that the original plan.

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 5:35 AM

When and if Obama decided to attack Iran, he will suddenly have lots of neoconservative friends like the Hotair and the Littlegreenfootballs.

Spathi on September 30, 2009 at 5:39 AM

But of course he (Obama) can actually, you know, write and read.

Grow Fins on September 29, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Has he gotten around to reading McChrystal’s report yet?

onlineanalyst on September 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I get the draw to her, but uh, she’s a littel too ditzy for me thanks.

Alden Pyle on September 30, 2009 at 6:24 AM

I like Palin, I did the Facebook thing and all that. I do think someone should have done a better job of preparing her for interviews with hostile people like Gibson and Couric.

Keep in mind when Beck said we were better off with Obama than with McCain, he was also saying we were better off with Obama/Biden than we were with McCain/Palin.

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 6:46 AM

But of course he (Obama) can actually, you know, write and read.

Grow Fins on September 29, 2009 at 11:38 PM

This is exactly the kind of obnoxious and ridiculous comment that has fueld a lot of the disgust people feel for liberals as well as the affection a lot of people feel for Palin.

The truth is Obama has never even released his school transcripts. There is the general assumption that he did not even write his own books. It reminds me of Bush vs Kerry, when folks like you were making fun of Bush in spite of the fact that Bush had a higher IQ and better grades, the same was true with Gore.

Liberals are not smarter Grow Fins, they just think they are.

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM

As someone who worked in the McCain campaign, I can say that there were McCain staffers who might as well have been Obama plants and who should never be allowed near any GOP campaign again. The John McCain who came through at the Saddleback Forum and the Sarah Palin who was seen at the GOP Convention did not come through and were not seen in the general campaign. Both John McCain and Sarah Palin deserved better.

Phil Byler on September 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Phil Byler on September 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM

I think this is true. In fact those people made themselves look bad. Who would want to hire these people after all this bad publicity?

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Going Rogue is now up to #1 on Barnes & Noble. Heh, heh. The best political instincts of our time, I keep repeating that.

JimK on September 30, 2009 at 6:59 AM

It’s no wonder the left hates Palin. Common Sense is totally lost on a liberal.

mike_NC9 on September 30, 2009 at 7:00 AM

/…Saudi rogue, al Qaeda style, produced the trojan anal bomber, the fear of the aviation industry.

maverick muse on September 30, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Phil Byler on September 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM

I’d agree with you about Palin. I’m not a fan and don’t think she’s the best choice for high national office in 2012 but she deserved better than she got from McCain staffers, particularly post-election when they were mercilessly (and anonymously) trashing her in the media and McCain didn’t say a damned word.

As to McCain, I’d say he got off better than he deserved. The real McCain is seen in McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and a host of other legislative initiatives (some successful and some not). The real McCain isn’t too far off the centrist persona that was used by the filthy liar in the White House. The real McCain is too much of a liberal on social issues to ever be the right choice for the base of the GOP- Personally, he lost by trash-talking Christian Conservatives as UnAmerican and anti-amnesty protesters as racist. In short the real John McCain is the guy we saw flirting with a VP run under Kerry and not the guy who showed up at CPAC and declared himself to be just like Ronald Reagan.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:09 AM

I agree totally with Rush. The media and search engines like Google tried to portray her as something she wasn’t. I did my own research on Palin, and I think she’s got it and like Rush says, that is why they fear her.

njpat on September 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM

I know that some folks do not like Theodore Roosevelt, Beck even called him a thug…but I always thought of Palin as a sort of Teddy Roosevelt. Michael Barone did a talk about this as well and made note of the fact that they could both field dress a moose.

But mostly I think it is the idea that they were both reformers who were not afraid to stand up for what they thought was right, no matter what the conventional wisdom might have been.

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 7:13 AM

highhopes:

I don’t think that McCain got what he deserved, if people working for him went all snotty because they were losing that was a bad reflection on everyone concerned.

People who hate McCain keep ignoring the fact that he picked Palin, he had enough faith in her to put her on that ticket. And the man was old enough that it really mattered who the VP was, he knew that.

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 7:15 AM

The best political instincts of our time, I keep repeating that.

JimK on September 30, 2009 at 6:59 AM

I’d suggest that may be premature but the fact of the matter is Palin has something to say and the national platform to do it. If nothing else, she has the opportunity to be the spoiler should the powers that be again try to foist a liberal like McCain on the party instead of a real Republican.

My only criticism of her post-election is that she hasn’t been more outspoken about Obamacare. With a special needs child and experience at the state level (to talk about the unfunded mandates the states would have to bear under the filthy liar’s plot), she could have done more to rally the public against HR3200 and throw out some constructive alternative ideas.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:16 AM

amerpundit on September 30, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Any American with a common sense knows that for so long. NO NEWS THERE.

Sarah’s Book announcement is the KNOCK-OFF NEWS. Who knows? We may find a strategy to prevent Iran. BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM

the worst attention whore out there.

Someone please tell this un-electable woman to shut it.

Anders on September 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Attention whore? The one you can hardly seen on MSM? Where’s the attention seeking there? You need some common sense, boy, in framing your logic.

Oh, I forgot to ask. You’re an attention seeking whore too. Are you not?

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 7:15 AM

I love the smell of political revisionism in the morning.

McCain did not willingly pick Palin. She was not his first choice but the lead contenders (Pawlenty & Jindal to name two) were smart enough not to board the SS McCain after it had hit the iceberg.

The fact of the matter is that McCain’s strategy was to ignore the social and Christian conservatives (whom McCain passionately loathes) and build a coalition of disgruntled Democrat Hillary supporters. When that didn’t work he only reluctantly looked for somebody that would appeal to the GOP base and it worked so well that Palin was a bigger draw than McCain at HIS campaign rallies.

For these reasons, I would hardly give credit to McCain for having faith in Palin. He didn’t want her, doesn’t stand for any of the things she does, and remained silent while his former staffers trashed her. Had he won the election, it would have been the last we would have seen of VP Palin except for the occasional state funeral.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Anders on September 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM

The one you can hardly seen in MSM shows?

There.

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 7:28 AM

It will be Sarah in 2012. Let’s pray for her every day.

tigerlily on September 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Very rarely is it the case where first choice is clear from this far out.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Excellent point

Jeff from WI on September 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Palin seems beaten now, by the left, but I’ve seen what happens when the bad guy is winning, the good guy looks beaten.
Eye of the Tiger

Jeff from WI on September 30, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Very rarely is it the case where first choice is clear from this far out.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM
Excellent point

Jeff from WI on September 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM

It is an excellent point because I don’t think that Palin is all that clearly the right candidate in 2012. For one thing, name the last losing VP candidate who has made it to the White House the next time around. It took Nixon eight years and a couple of assassinations to win in 1968.

Beyond that, Palin isn’t doing what candidates do at this time in the process. She isn’t stumping in Iowa as Jindal and several others have been doing. It’s not a hard requirement but a successful campaign does rely on grassroots efforts (a fact McCain ignored with his “those conservative bastards have nobody else to vote for” attitude).

My suggestion for Palin at this juncture would to not be shooting for national office in 2012 but to become the kingmaker that can help propel a conservative candidate ahead of whatever incarnation of McCain the GOP leadership is pushing as “electable.”

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Someone said on here a few days ago that people on this site were overthinking this whole thing.

I totally agree with that. It’s almost certainly true that the republicans will over take the House again next year, and Palin will be given some credit (whether deserved or not) and that will raise her status.

Add to that, I can’t imagine how sick and tired this country will be of O by ’12. Mickey Mouse could win if the economy doesn’t pick up. Unemployment rate over 10% coupled with O’s continued arrogance and naivete? He’s done.

I really think if Sarah Palin wants the presidency in ’12 (or ’16) it’s hers to have.
The thing that so fascinates me about her is she seems like she’s totally unpredictable. I love that about her.
If someone told me that she has NO desire whatsoever to be president, I might actually believe that.

If she is really smart and knows her stuff about policy, this country could take a chance with her.
By 2012, this country will be begging Obama to leave. That’s what the Left can’t see.
‘I hope she runs!! I hope she runs!!’ How’s her resignation working out for them. Death panels anyone?

I keep remembering Howard Dean saying whoever was the nominee in ’08 would absolutely be the next president.
I’m almost positive that whoever runs against Obama will beat him. I don’t care who it is.

B Man on September 30, 2009 at 7:52 AM

She’s the one. The Dems hate her. They are afraid of her. Why? She’s honest and she loves America; she loves her family; and she’s God fearing. That scares them to death!

Cinday Blackburn on September 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Going Rogue: Best Sellers Number 6 on Amazon

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Interesting…

…it’s now number 5 and its release date is Nov 17.

Wow.

I think Santa is taking care of things early this year.

Saltysam on September 30, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Very rarely is it the case where first choice is clear from this far out.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM
Excellent point

Jeff from WI on September 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Two points. First, she may be doing exactly what you’re saying, playing king maker. Second, she doesn’t need to stump in Iowa like Jindal because, she’s the best known woman in America ALREADY. She’s more famous than Nixon in 1960! In fact, just as there hasn’t been a candidate like Obama that we can remember, there hasn’t been one like Cuda.

Jeff from WI on September 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Bagpiper!

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Thank you, sir.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Going rogue is now #5 on amazon.

Order copies for your friends and enemies…spread the word!

Interesting…

…it’s now number 5 and its release date is Nov 17.

#1 book will soon be “Why I Failed” by Barack Obama and its release date will be 2012!

IntheNet on September 30, 2009 at 8:20 AM

BMan said:

I keep remembering Howard Dean saying whoever was the nominee in ‘08 would absolutely be the next president.

Howard Dean says many stupid things, but sometimes a broken clock is right twice a day.

I agree with your sentiment. Palin strikes me as ambitious, but taking an insurgent tack to the nomination. By going outside the beltway, and quietly building a team, she is doing exactly as Reagan did in the 1970′s with his kitchen cabinet of Californians.

You’ll notice that nobody leaks now. Now that she’s in personal command of her destiny and she’s got a speaker’s bureau handling appointments, there are no screwups with regard to where she’s going to be like that Reagan Library Disaster. She is running a tight, leak-free ship.

And I cannot emphasize this strongly enough: she is running against the entire political class, including the A$$Clown G.O.P.!

This is her strength: the contempt and slight regard that the Beltway and the Upper East Side has for her. They will continue to underestimate her, and the bodies of Beltway elitists will continue to be stacked up as cordwood.

Think of Palin as the Vietminh. She is running as an insurgent. That is how she will win. Better yet; look at her 2006 Campaign for Alaska Governor. She looks on Obama’s Administration as yet a larger incarnation of Frank Murkowski’s machine. When you get this, you’ll get what she’s doing.

victor82 on September 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Sarah Palin and all the women like her, are exactly what the 19th amendment is all about. Anyone who does not accept them or denies their influence are the true anti-feminists (read NOW, NARAL, et.al) and deserve every bit of the scorn and abuse they have heaped upon men and Phyllis Schlafly for decades.

Mr. Grump on September 30, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I just hope she doesn’t sell out.
The clock analogy with Dean is right.

Running as an insurgent. Going rogue. How does that translate into winning the presidency?
Running against the entire political class.

I’m not familiar with her career in AK so I can’t put that situation to the here and now.

She reminds me of a couple of things off the top of my head, one of them is the movie Gladiator and the whole “defying an empire” thing.
She’s just a fascinating person, really. What she wants, how she’s doing it, and another thing that I think is that if she won the presidency she would be the new JFK.
But not really in a good way.
You know what I mean?

The woman would have enemies around every corner. Just like JFK did. That’s what happens when you come into DC with a “flip the tables over!” mentality. That would be very cool to us in the country but DC’s knives would be out.

B Man on September 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM

#3 on Amazon and still climbing!

joedoe on September 30, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Palin has plenty of time to better define herself to the general public. For those that have followed her career, we already know she is destined to make history in one fashion or another.

joedoe on September 30, 2009 at 9:12 AM

The Fear They Smell, is their own BO

Kini on September 30, 2009

I love a good double entendre. Thanks, Kini.

SKYFOX on September 30, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I agree with your sentiment. Palin strikes me as ambitious, but taking an insurgent tack to the nomination. By going outside the beltway, and quietly building a team, she is doing exactly as Reagan did in the 1970’s with his kitchen cabinet of Californians.

victor82 on September 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Is ambitious a bad thing if you’re a woman? I wasn’t sure of your context of the word regarding Palin. The word ambitious is usually used as an insult regarding a woman. There was a time in America when trying to better yourself or expand your horizons simply meant you’re an American.

Jeff from WI on September 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I find it funny that Palin has, in essence, co-opted the “Maverick” label from the guy who’s more or less left her to the wolves since the end of the election last year.

Well played.

catmman on September 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Did she take the “Going Rogue” idea away from Tina Fey and SNL? Sweet irony! lol

joedoe on September 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM

victor82 on September 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Gov. Palin has one thing not too many mention and that is a built in voting block. Any politicain worth his salt would give his first born to have what Gov. Palin has.

Clyde5445 on September 30, 2009 at 9:55 AM

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Are you serious? She took that bill down with two tiny little words.

NoLeftTurn on September 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Terrye on September 30, 2009 at 7:15 AM

McCain may have been poorly served by his advisors BUT he was the top of the ticket – they were HIS responibility. He chose them and apparently allowed them to sabotage his campaign.

As for standing behind Palin after picking her. Seems like it was pretty well known that he really wanted Leiberman but knew that would be the kiss of death to any conservative support. Who knows – he may have wanted to dump her once the backlash started but probably was smart enough to realize that he’d lose the conservatives he wanted so badly. I also fault him for his half-hearted support of Palin – he allowed his campaign to marginal her as if thinking it wouldn’t reflect on him.

katiejane on September 30, 2009 at 10:42 AM

responibility = responsibility

marginal = marginalize

katiejane on September 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM

It’ll be interesting to see where she goes to plug it! She will be required to do lots of interviews I’m sure.

JAM on September 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I’ll be hoping to see this headline:

“Sarah Palin Boycotts MSM”
Sarah should do like O’Keefe and Giles and not do any interviews on cnn, msnbc, abc, nbc, cbs, etc.,
until they all apologize, on their knees,
in front of the entire Nation, for the
crap they’ve spewed about her and her family.

mrt721 on September 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Spathi on September 30, 2009 at 5:39 AM

Friends? Hardly.
But he would have a lot of support for the action from this corner, just as he has support to do it right in Afghanistan.

Count to 10 on September 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Sarah Palin’s “Going Rogue” #3 on Amazon TODAY!

Mutnodjmet on September 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Just preordered my copy. Hope it’s #1 before it even comes out in November! By the way, Amazon guarantees the price should it drop before publishing date, but I suspect with this kind of demand, it ain’t gonna drop.

Christian Conservative on September 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Has anyone here seen the hit piece against Palin on the Daily Beast today? Actually, the Beast is linking to a NY Post snippet stating that Palin cannot get any takers in the U.S. for her lectures. She is too polarizing and a “blithering idiot” according to the insiders of the Washington group representing Palin. Boy, someone needs to slap this down pretty fast.

KickandSwimMom on September 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

KickandSwimMom on September 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

If indeed true can’t say that this is that terrible. Palin doesn’t strike me as being that concerned about doing a lot of speeches. By signing with an agent at least it’s stopped the “She said she’d show up at our event and then bailed on us.”

katiejane on September 30, 2009 at 11:59 AM

KickandSwimMom on September 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Interesting how it’s on the gossip page so that all “sources” can remain anonymous. Page Six makes the Weekly World News seem credible. The Post is such a freaking rag.

NoLeftTurn on September 30, 2009 at 11:59 AM

#3 on Amazon now.

cibolo on September 30, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Currently #2 in book sales at Amazon.

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM

From your post…

Yes, that’s the point – she’s charting her own path.
The old way is broken, and needs to be replaced.
This is one of those times.

It’s not a hard requirement but a successful campaign does rely on grassroots efforts…

She’s got the grassroots support already – at least from the alternative media and the blogosphere.

Count the hits at C4P; contrast it with the equivalent Jindal, Romney, (whoever) site.

massrighty on September 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM