Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on September 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Ms. Vincent didn’t reveal any details about the book, but did acknowledge it will describe Ms. Palin’s frustration over her treatment by the staffers she inherited from the McCain campaign after her surprise pick as the GOP vice presidential nominee last year. Ms. Palin was booked on grueling interviews with hostile reporters while talk-show hosts such as Glenn Beck couldn’t even get through to her aides. Mr. Beck tells me he was stunned when he picked up the phone one day just before the election to discover Sarah Palin was on the other end of the line. ‘She explained that she had been blocked from reaching her audience, so she was now ‘going rogue’ and booking her own interviews,’ Mr. Beck told me. ‘I was thrilled she had burst out of the cage they’d built for her and we were finally talking.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Love these Palin threads! Like throwing chum to the sharks!

OldEnglish on September 30, 2009 at 12:34 AM

You seem to know a lot about barbie dolls and harlequin romances. That joke about obama writing his own book and being able to read and write is really funny stuff ! Keep going.

runner on September 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM

That’s not fair. Obama is damn good at reading whatever his handlers put on his teleprompter.

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hey.. that is a pretty good impression.

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I’ve been amazed this last year as to how many self proclaimed intelligent people will label Palin as stupid for saying something that Tina Fey actually said.

But then again the Left does nothing better then wallowing in its own self satisfied ignorance.

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Blame the NEA for dumbing down America. Also, blame Democrats for keeping people in poverty.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I’d be thrilled if she ran in 2012*

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM

ROFLMAO!!!

That schtick is getting old, but it’s still funny every time!

Saltysam on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Hellrider on September 30, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Why would I bother trying to covertly shepherd as many conservative votes as possible towards Palin when I know it won’t make any kind of impact on the actual election? Say I convince 30 people to go for Palin…who cares?

I’d rather just toy with the Palinistas. They’re fascinating, really. No matter wha crazy debacle she gets herself into, they blindly follow her, indeed their support intensifies. The resignation disaster is a prime example.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

This is how the left operates…Lie after lie.From the top down ,it seems http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2009/09/governor-palin-highlights-banned-books.html

theTarCzar on September 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I don’t deny that she has considerable appeal to the conservative base, but she’s kryptonite to independents and moderates. That was proven during the 08 campaign and it continues to be true today. Have you seen the poll AP posted last week? Her negatives are through the roof, and she’d get absolutely obliterated if she ran against Obama today. I’m not joking when I say I’d be thrilled if she ran in 08.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Again, it should be noteworthy that a large part of her appeal and record is/was taking on exactly what is spinning out of control in the eyes of many. Many more than the conservative base who were supportive of her as recently as last year. Whether you disagree or agree with this view of many is beside the point. There is movement among the electorate. It is in the direction of what she stands for and opposition of Washington. That translates into a net gain for her in terms of numbers. I think it would be wise to not take this lightly.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 AM

At least she waited until she accompished something before she wrote her autobiography

thomasaur on September 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

++100

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM

We had hoped — irrationally but desperately, it turned out — that McCain was maybe coming around and moving rightward, and that his choice of Palin was indicative.

Kensington on September 30, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Voting for McCain was like loosing a testicle; However, Palin was more interesting than McCain. People lost interest in McCain’s message and were only interested in what Palin had to say.

It’s a pretty sad statement when the GOP POTUS wannabe’s message is drowned out by his number 1. But that’s what happened and continues today.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Palpable fear. Probably based at least partly on 44′s gyrating like an unbalanced maytag.

applebutter on September 30, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Hey trolls I have a idea for ya go eat some Coney Island White Fish w/a side order of Rocky Mt. Oysters.

Clyde5445 on September 30, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Conservative Jesus indeed. The Savior With a Wink *and* a Best-Selling Book.

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:25 AM

So, what’s the difference between Jesus and el Presidente? Jesus doesn’t think he is Barack Obama.

Stolen from another poster – but hey, I’m sure the VP would approve.

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Michelle Obama’s autobiography will be out in February.

Going Rouge- How I Became ‘Beautiful’ by Turning Hard Left“.

The five chapters on her biceps are being editted down to a tidier two, but nothing else will be trimmed from this long-overdue glimpse into the life and character of the woman who kept saying “Our souls are broken… Our souls are broken…

(Each copy comes with an Ectoplasmic Splint ~which doubles as a handy bookmark.)

profitsbeard on September 30, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Taken a look at the GOP lately? (Michael Steele tokens aside).

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:24 AM

That’s part of the big divide I have with you (the ideological you). I care not what a Party looks like in any way you are describing. It’s meaningless. Merit and philosophy. That has meaning.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

AP meaning “Allahpundit”, not Associated Press.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:32 AM

No. Allah was just repeating what the Associated Press polls were saying.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Then why have recent polls still shown her national support as anemic? Her favorables have actually dropped in the last couple of months. By your logic, shoudn’t her support grow as people become more dissatisfied? Instead, her support has actually declined.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

and what is Obama’s book listed at on B/N or Amazon these days…?

oh, I couldn’t find it, I had to redo the search under “Ayers”–then it came up…

ted c on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

No. Allah was just repeating what the Associated Press polls were saying.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

He posted a PPP poll, not an AP poll.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Sarah Palin has changed the landscapse of politics here in USA. There will be a major change up in the District of Corruption.
Thank you Sarah Cuda.
Palin / Cheney 2012

hawkman on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I’d be thrilled if she ran in 2012*
crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM

ROFLMAO!!! That schtick is getting old, but it’s still funny every time!
Saltysam on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Think about it: If the moonbats were really worried about Sarah Palin, would they keep telling us over and over and over and over again that they don’t take her seriously?

You’re probably one of those cynical types who thinks Barak Obama was lying when he said he’d never heard the word “ACORN” before.

logis on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

theTarCzar on September 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

In fairness to the Left, it is more then simple lying. The Left believes that they can wish things into being. Visualize world peace and all that.

So, are they lying about Palin? Yes. Do they know they are lying? Some do, most don’t care enough to check. But the majority think that if they say it often enough and think it hard enough, their beliefs can become reality.

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 12:44 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Ever looked at how Reagan was polling in the late ’70s?

applebutter on September 30, 2009 at 12:44 AM

profitsbeard on September 30, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Arm and Hammer (Sickle)

In between the Ectoplasmic goo and broken souls, the ever chastising of our ignorance.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Just added to White House Calendar:

17 NOV 2009 0500z
Set Sphincter Pucker Factor to DEFCON 1
Unpack from last vacation
Pack for next vacation
Tell Gates to call McChrystal after I go golfing

ted c on September 30, 2009 at 12:45 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

What do you think about the cover? I like it.

TimeTraveler on September 30, 2009 at 12:46 AM

He posted a PPP poll, not an AP poll.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Difference?

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:46 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

The left clearly fears Palin. Not because they think she will necessarily, by any means, get the Republican nomination (she may well not even seek it) and beat Obama, but because she will help to bleed him and put his reelection highly in doubt.

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Going Commando: Revelations from Under the Naval Observatory

By Joseph Robinette Biden

Christien on September 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I understand what you’re saying but the supporter and supportee (can I type that?) don’t always have to have the same analysis on a particular for the support to be present.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 12:28 AM

This is like the old-fashioned Reagan approach. We can disagree quietly and amicably without calling one another names and trying to push out of the party those with whom we have disagreements. This is my preferred approach. But then, I’m old, old-fashioned and not part of this new-fangled political total warfare without end.

But beyond that, the Republicans were facing Goofy O’Marxist. I probably would have punched myself in the testicles and voted for Ron Paul if it was the only way to stop him on election day.

Kensington on September 30, 2009 at 12:30 AM

I appreciate very much your first comment. I felt much the same way.

But I really don’t know who I would vote for if the choice was between Ron Paul and Obama. I consider both to be highly untrustworthy extremists, capable of causing great disruption to America. And frankly, my testicles have grown on me, so I’d like to keep them intact and functional. And I wish the same for you. So, let’s work hard to avoid such a terrible choice. OK?

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Grow Fins first said this (not knowing WTF he was talking about)

Oh, and it’s spelled “sheer.”

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Geo said this (I blew his doors off)

Dear Grow Fins,

You Dumb F*CK! I did not misspell “shear”.

The phrase “shear speed of redemptive momentum” is a physical metaphor which apparently was too deep for you to understand.

Look up shear in the dictionary in a physical context akin to speed (aka, velocity) and momentum (which is from physics).

shear

6. Physics— An applied force or system of forces that tends to produce a shearing strain. Also called shearing stress, shear stress.

Momentum is from physics and shear is from fluid mechanics where “shear speed” represents an abrupt change in the momentum gradient due to inertial forces overcoming viscous forces.

Man are you stoooopid.

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Then Grows Fins played his only trump card (much like how a lame and clueless libtard would reply)

whatevs, douchebag.

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Oh my, how embarrassing. That’s all Grow Fins could say? He doesn’t understand metaphors or physics. Check-mated in three moves. Bwaaahh.

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Lets see…

She’s been writing her book (or helping to write her book)… she gave ONE untelevised speech overseas… shes done a few facebook posts…

Other than that… she’s pretty much been quiet. So just why would her poll numbers move?

Its not like shes doing a constant Campaign… cough… cought… obbbbaaammaaa….

Romeo13 on September 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Difference?

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Their polling of Obama’s approval rating and support for healthcare was right in line with the big national pollsters. Ignore them if you wish, but it’s a credible source.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Agreed. It’s bizaare.

Reagan Republican on September 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Indeed, she has put Obama on the defensive. If Obama had not been defensive on the Death Panel comment and other comments, that little Facebook blurb would have been come and gone.

But she has driven policy, and she’s not even in any office.

I’d say that’s power the left FEARS exponentially

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Agreed. It’s bizaare.

Reagan Republican on September 30, 2009 at 12:52 AM

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 12:44 AMThis is in a public high school.Political propaganda on the taxpayer dime.Sh*t like this and singing the praises of the absolute worst president has to stop.

theTarCzar on September 30, 2009 at 12:52 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I’m never one to argue (pro or con) polls. I find them absurd and arguing such even more. I’ll tell you why I don’t though. In a country where over 100 million people vote, I find anything involving only 2,000 or so people to be only slightly more empirical than anecdotal. Even if we are to assume 100% of any given poll will vote. And even if an equal split between ideological or partisan divide is considered.

But speaking of empirical, there has been something else going on with metrics that aren’t poll derivative. Town Halls and the Tea Parties. I find those far more indicative of any shift in the mood.

The two paragraphs above were entered into my logic. They are valid and sound.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 12:53 AM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I think this is a good point. Most Republic politicians have been afraid to publicly take on Obama – but not Palin. Her attacks on Obamacare hammered its approval at a pivotal moment and gave an opening to other critics.

18-1 on September 30, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Just added to White House Calendar:

17 NOV 2009 0500z
Set Sphincter Pucker Factor to DEFCON 1
Unpack from last vacation
Pack for next vacation
Tell Gates to call McChrystal after I go golfing

ted c on September 30, 2009 at 12:45 AM

LOL. You’re killin me ted.

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Ignore them if you wish, but it’s a credible source.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Gee, I guess what happened on 9/12 was nothing more than a few angry people kicking cans in DC.

Ignore them, consider where the data is coming from and compare that to Obama approval rating now.

Who’s ignoring who?

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM

You seem to know a lot about barbie dolls and harlequin romances…
runner on September 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM

+++THIS is the reason I go back to read previous comments!!!!

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Discount them if you wish, but those polls prove to be pretty accurate on election night 2008. If you want to base your support of Palin on some sort of vague feeling or “shift in mood” you certainly aren’t alone here.

I’ll use empirical data, or at least the best empirical date we can get.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Agreed. It’s bizaare.

Reagan Republican on September 30, 2009 at 12:52 AM

not bizarre. It’s a “movement…”

I’m really looking forward to my new Sarah Palin endorsed throat slitter knife, a new balaclava mask, camo paint, NVGs and silenced pistol. I hear the cool-guy belt it comes with is replete with a hemorrhage control kit, 2x IVs, and GPS. A small red button can be used in emergencies and it summons ten ju jitsu hotties in red snowsuits on blacked out snow machines to your aid. Should be cool…

Yep, she’s going to make this “Going Rogue” thing a whole helluva lotta fun.

ted c on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

So what your really saying is that your constant whinging and bitching about Sarah Palin really has nothing to do with her but rather more to do with getting off on the reaction it elicits from her supporters. In other words your nothing but an attention seeking little troll who gets their jolly’s by making deliberately inflammatory statements that are guaranteed to provoke a predetermined response.

Hellrider on September 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM

empirical date

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Empirical Date? Is that when ya go out with the Emporer’s Daughter? (or, Son, as the case may be…)

Romeo13 on September 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Romeo13 on September 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM

heh. “data”.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I’ll use empirical data, or at least the best empirical date we can get.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

If that doesn’t work, you can always make it up.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

cya all. peace out geo!

ted c on September 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Have you noticed that the trolls always attack Sarah on a personal basis, unfounded premises or contrived polls but never on her political ideas and beliefs.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Sarah walked into the valley
With the truth clutched in her hand
She was only a girl, but she knew
Someone must take a stand

There will always be a valley
Always mountains one must scale
There will always be perilous waters
Which someone must sail

Into darkness, into danger
Into storms that rip the night
Never give in, never give up
But give thanks that you can the tyrant fight

PercyB on September 30, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I’ll use empirical data, or at least the best empirical date we can get.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

What I’m trying to tell you is that you’re not (nor anyone whoever uses polls as arguments) using empirical data. It’s only slightly more significant than using anecdotal. The Town Halls and Tea Parties were 100′s of thousands of people all across the country. In terms of numbers, it is you who are discounting a vastly larger number and discounting it while claiming the smaller number (by orders of magnitude) is more empirical. That is invalid and illogical.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I knew that once the McCain and Romney people saw that Sarah was the main draw they started to sabatoge her. Yet in spite of that she still held her own. I bought my copy today and am trying to figure out how many more I need.

CCRWM on September 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM

If that’s true, isn’t it even more sad that you spend your time here following us around and nipping at our heels?

I’ll let you reflect on that.

crr6 on September 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM

It’s more like we trip over you on our way through–like a wrinkle in the rug…but we always turn to straighten that wrinkle out–after which, looks like it was never there!

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Hey guys, isn’t if funny how scared the left is of Palin as evidenced by the troll’s comments on this blog. She has them shaking in their metrosexual boots! I love it.

texanpride on September 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Interesting point, I gotta hit the hay though if I’m gonna be cognizant for work tomorrow. Thanks for engaging me substantively.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I think I skipped over a whole page of comments because they were comments made by trolls or responses to them. This is getting so annoying…I don’t know why we just don’t ignore them.

CCRWM on September 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Oops… discounting and then discounting. Apologies for the redundant redundancy.

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Thanks for engaging me substantively.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Likewise

anuts on September 30, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I’ll use empirical data, or at least the best empirical date we can get.

crr6 on September 30, 2009 at 12:56 AM

If that doesn’t work, you can always make it up.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
- Somebody

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Great Point!

It’s hard to argue with fundamental values of American Exceptionalism and Freedom.

It’s like asking when you stop banging your head against the wall, “does it hurt?”

They attack her children, her clothes, her education, her (make useless point here)….

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
- Somebody

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Statistics… a column of figures looking for a fight.
-Somebody Else

Romeo13 on September 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Sounds like Obama supporters to me.

B Man on September 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 1:11 AM

CCRWM on September 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM

From what I gather it was Cindy McCain who gave Sarah a hearty thumbs up.

I wonder if they knew what they were getting. I understand McCain’s people watched her speeches to gauge whether she was up for the job. How did they miss her charisma?

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:11 AM

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Sounds like Obama supporters to me.

B Man on September 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Smells like a Obama supporter.

Pew, pew, pew

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:12 AM

My personal theory is that independents in this country vote for the most interesting character to be president. In ’96, they voted for the womanizing hillbilly over the old guy. In ’00 and ’04 they voted for the goofy cowboy over the two condescending yankees. In ’08 they voted for the black guy over the other old guy.

Will the black guy or the moose-hunting MILF win in 2012? Tune in next election to find out!

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 1:14 AM

How did they miss her charisma?

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:11 AM

It couldn’t possibly be due to the fact that they are tone deaf and completely divorced from reality. No, there must be some other reason lurking in the vast unknown. /s

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Any chance she’ll appear on Letterman to push her book? Odds of serial Dave creepiness: 1!1ty

Christien on September 30, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Hope you have a bib to catch that “drool”…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 1:20 AM

CCRWM
The sad truth that all site owners learn is that with trolls snerts or antagonists threads will die quickly… it’s a numbers game. Ed and the other administrators do well to keep the numbers here to a handful. I do my best to ignore them, but every so often I take the time to say something to them.
In this case we are arguing with…
crr6… (CHLORORESPIRATORY REDUCTION 6 Is a Novel Factor Required for Accumulation of the Chloroplast NAD(P)H Dehydrogenase Complex in Arabidopsis)My guess the letters are actually his initials and the 6 is for the 1986.
grow fins who just seems to be a follower of a or is a Bootsy Collins ripoff.

brianpierre on September 30, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Geochelone
whatevs, douchebag.

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Now THAT was profound goldfish-thanks for the laff!

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 1:14 AM

You mean they follow, but do not lead? They allow decisions to be made for them and they are not free thinkers.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Palin 2012

lanesmerge on September 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM

brianpierre on September 30, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Nerd alert!

:P

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Its not like shes doing a constant Campaign… cough… cought… obbbbaaammaaa….

Romeo13 on September 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM

You’re not looking at the big picture. Sure, Obama’s numbers are dropping like a rock NOW. But he he has a foolproof plan to fix that in 2012.

First, he’ll arrange huge segments of free hours-long primetime TV spots; then he’ll get the liberal and “center-right” media to jump in the tank for him; and, finally, he’ll promise a whole bunch of astoundingly gigantic new government give-away programs.

And just imagine what will happen to his poll numbers THEN!

Meanwhile, what more can Sarah Palin possibly do beyond her current frenetic media attention whoring? For crying out loud; in order to derail Obama’s Socialized Medicine plan, she had to type two whole words on her FaceBook page. And you think she can somehow manage to do something else in only three short years?

I think it’s pretty obvious that somebody is living in a dreamworld here.

logis on September 30, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Smells like a Obama supporter.

Pew, pew, pew

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:12 AM

I sure hope you’re not talking about me there.

B Man on September 30, 2009 at 1:26 AM

She’s our savior!!!

Grow Fins on September 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Granted i really was’nt expecting you to come around but after you get over your initial sence of revalation please take a moment and get a grip on yourself(figuratively speaking)and let us know how you feel finally becoming enlightened.

heshtesh on September 30, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Very few people mention it but by I believe that Sarah Palin was fatigued the day she gave the solo interview with Couric. Look at her face and eyes. She looked drained and her face is drawn. I have never seen like that before or since. For what reason: living out of a suitcase for 3 weeks; staying up late at night going over the briefing books, her biorhytms being off etc.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Honestly, I don’t really know where I was trying to go with that. Mostly I just wanted to post something about ‘moose-hunting MILF’ vs ‘black guy in mom jeans’ 2012.

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Check with Mr. Clinton, boys.
Vince Foster was nothing compared to what the ‘slickster’ would do to the Hil if ‘cuda’ gave him a wink.

It’d be creepily like Jugo and Courtney love, ehhmm, ‘cept in reverse or something.

OkieDoc on September 30, 2009 at 1:29 AM

I sure hope you’re not talking about me there.

B Man on September 30, 2009 at 1:26 AM

No, I was making a equal comparison about your comment.

The Pew, was in sarc to mmm, mmmm, mmmm.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Thank you Sarah Cuda.
Palin / Cheney 2012

hawkman on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

INDEED. That’s there are still things like honor, dignity and Real love for the people in America.

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 1:33 AM

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 1:29 AM

As a guy, I’m going for the Moose.

Your point about independents is valid. If they really were independents, they wouldn’t be just following the crowd.

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:34 AM

— Snif Wrog

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hey.. that is a pretty good impression.

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Thanks. I study trolls for a purpose.

An observation and some questions from an old fool:

The last post from this troll was at 12:26 AM. Since then, it has been quoted some 13 times over the course of an hour.

Why?

Is this the Snif Wrog QOTD thread or the Palin QOTD thread?

Can you choose not to feed the troll when it is spreading gobbledygook, and only respond when it is actually spreading false information?

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Palin / Cheney 2012

hawkman on September 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM

TheAlamos on September 30, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Sarah Palin/Lynn Cheney 2012

That’s GOP PORN!!!

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:37 AM

bitsy on September 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Sorry, my questions were not addressed to you, but to the general audience.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Nope, her questions were easier. For example…”What do you read?”.

That’s that superb SNL humor. You do know that was Tina Fey is not Sarah Palin, right ?
I actually like the questions obama was never asked, like : how did somebody as stupid and lazy as you, get into Harward Law, anyway? Or, how does it feel to have Ayers write your bio ? Or, how is that brother of yours in Kenya, still living in a hut ?

runner on September 29, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Sorry but he’s right on that one.

rjl1999 on September 30, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I study trolls for a purpose.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 1:38 AM

A better question, why?

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM

She is more battle hardened now and knows what she is up against. More importantly however—she speaks for herself and doesn’t have to memorize the talking point policies of the McCain team. That is the role of the VP.

Whenever she speaks for herself I have never seen her falter. She was far too tentative in those interviews for the simple reason that she had to be cautious not contradict the front runner; or even the Bush admin on certain issues for that matter. That was a logistical nightmare for someone so young and not accustomed to the vultures in the media.

She speaks for herself now. Big difference.

Geochelone on September 30, 2009 at 1:43 AM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Sledgehammer, meet wooden stake.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Sledgehammer, meet wooden stake.

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Great Vampire analogy

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:46 AM

CCRWM on September 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Sometimes it’s fun to feed the trolls, otherwise the thread would be only a “glowing review” of Palin and her book–one-sided at best. Throwin Palin chum in the water, and waiting for the troll parade is like watching them (trolls) model their best dresses, and all the while we are snickering at the price tag hanging off their shoulders…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 1:50 AM

A better question, why?

Kini on September 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I try to figure out the patterns of trolls so I can more successfully respond to them. I confess that some are extremely difficult. However, they so disrupt my ability to read through threads, that I need a means of either dealing with them or ignoring them.

Also, some commentators are labeled as trolls who really aren’t, but are simply odd or holding honest, but differing views. I like defending such people, even when I disagree with them, because different opinions often stimulate me to think, and re-examine my opinions and my reasons for believing them, instead of simply blindly and unquestioningly going along with my old beliefs.

That’s why.

Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
- Somebody

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM

How’s this:

Facts are stubborn things,
but statistics are more pliable
One thing we know is
MB4 is reliable.

Catchy, huh?

hillbillyjim on September 30, 2009 at 1:54 AM

MB4 on September 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

When you say the Left fear Palin what it basically means is that it or the MSM cannot control her or feel they can convince her to moderate her views and become Democrat Lite.

And if you know anything about Obama he does not welcome a fair fight and a competitive match.

That is why Obama is vulnerable. I believe he is a paper tiger. But Sarah has to win the GOP nomination. That is not as easy as it may seem.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 1:57 AM

That’s why.
Loxodonta on September 30, 2009 at 1:52 AM

As usual, oh Wise One, you stand on the side and winnow out the chaft…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 1:59 AM

PS–Lox, I hope you are feeling better…

lovingmyUSA on September 30, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Hey Charles at LGF has attacked Sarah as a six degree of separation from Robert Stacy McCain.

Anyone want to make book on how soon MSNBC will be calling?

petertheslow on September 30, 2009 at 2:00 AM