Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on September 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Ms. Vincent didn’t reveal any details about the book, but did acknowledge it will describe Ms. Palin’s frustration over her treatment by the staffers she inherited from the McCain campaign after her surprise pick as the GOP vice presidential nominee last year. Ms. Palin was booked on grueling interviews with hostile reporters while talk-show hosts such as Glenn Beck couldn’t even get through to her aides. Mr. Beck tells me he was stunned when he picked up the phone one day just before the election to discover Sarah Palin was on the other end of the line. ‘She explained that she had been blocked from reaching her audience, so she was now ‘going rogue’ and booking her own interviews,’ Mr. Beck told me. ‘I was thrilled she had burst out of the cage they’d built for her and we were finally talking.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

How come with 497 comments this hasn’t moved to top picks?

Sven on September 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I haven’t read all 500 comments so please forgive if I repeat….
#3 @ Amazon. Kindle readers don’t even have a link there yet, so obviously, many more buyers to come.

humdinger on September 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I predict her book sales will smash records…Palin 2012!

royzer on September 30, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Hah,Customer Review “She didnt write it!” Morons just cant help themselves.

Greed on September 30, 2009 at 2:09 PM

@2:08 ET Rogue is back up to #2 ahead of Beck, Paul, Kennedy

r keller on September 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Sarah needs your help with 2 polls at AOL:

692161

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Going Rogue now #1 at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.

technopeasant on September 30, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Off topic – thanks for the links, technopeasant – now I’m so sad to read that Big Russ has passed on! How did I miss that? Aghh, no TV does have its downside.

Rosmerta on September 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

+100. The only thing a tour of duty in the Senate might teach her is how to create gridlock and line her own pockets with graft money — something she’d never do anyway.

I have no idea what the future holds for Sarah, or what her ambitions are. I have a sneaking suspicion that if asked, she would run in 2012 or beyond, and nothing would make me happier. If she can win the nomination, I believe she would win the election, bitterly fought tho it might be. Because if she does get the nomination, it will be a no-confidence vote for Obama. A vote for Palin will be a vote for change. She is the Anti-Obama, and at the rate Dear Leader is going, that’s going to be exactly what the American people are looking for come 2012.

Of course, if she doesn’t get the nomination, she’s still viable. What she might do, who knows? If a Republican gets elected, and can lose the chip on their shoulder, Palin could find herself appointed to a cabinet post. But the Senate would be a colossal waste of time, I think. I don’t know what she “should” do but one thing I do know is that this woman has the keenest political instincts I’ve ever seen. It seems effortless for her. Whatever direction she goes in, she will come out on top. She always does.

NoLeftTurn on September 30, 2009 at 4:55 AM

So true. Some people get pissed at me when I write about her and compare her to Ronald Reagan, who also had incredible instincts. But honestly, knowing that Sarah’s hero is Reagan, and she studied absolutely everything about him from childhood on, I think she may be smarter. Wiser.

I know that is blasphemous, but hear me out. She’s had decades to study Reagan, to learn what he did right, and did wrong. Plus, she’s had her own lengthy political career and had plenty of time to not only build on that Reagan blueprint, but try out her own personal instincts, which are dead on from everything I have seen.

I think Sarah + Reagan = the absolute death of politics as usual. She is going to be every dishonest politician’s worst nightmare. Give her 8 years in the White House, with her incredible drive and energy, and you will see a seriously different place when she is done.

This is why the left, which defines corruption, and the “establishment” Republicans, who run a close second, absolutely fear her, and hate her.

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

My only criticism of her post-election is that she hasn’t been more outspoken about Obamacare. With a special needs child and experience at the state level (to talk about the unfunded mandates the states would have to bear under the filthy liar’s plot), she could have done more to rally the public against HR3200 and throw out some constructive alternative ideas.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:16 AM

What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports are you talking about?

Have you been on another planet this summer?

Sarah SINGLEHANDEDLY stopped ObamaCare dead in it’s tracks!

Ever heard of then “death panels?”

I believe her exact quote was “I don’t want my parents or my special needs child to have to face Obama’s death panels.”

She destroyed Obama, and never let up on the ObamaCare debate.

I love the smell of political revisionism in the morning.

McCain did not willingly pick Palin. She was not his first choice but the lead contenders (Pawlenty & Jindal to name two) were smart enough not to board the SS McCain after it had hit the iceberg.

The fact of the matter is that McCain’s strategy was to ignore the social and Christian conservatives (whom McCain passionately loathes) and build a coalition of disgruntled Democrat Hillary supporters. When that didn’t work he only reluctantly looked for somebody that would appeal to the GOP base and it worked so well that Palin was a bigger draw than McCain at HIS campaign rallies.

For these reasons, I would hardly give credit to McCain for having faith in Palin. He didn’t want her, doesn’t stand for any of the things she does, and remained silent while his former staffers trashed her. Had he won the election, it would have been the last we would have seen of VP Palin except for the occasional state funeral.

highhopes on September 30, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Honestly, I don’t know how willingly, or unwillingly McCain chose Sarah, but here is what I do know, and you can search C-Span for the tape.

A.B. Culvahouse, a high powered D.C. attorney, and former Reagan adviser is the guy who vetted all of McCain’s prospective VP picks, all 25 of them. Yes, McCain had 25 people on his short list.

Culvahouse talks about Palin at length on C-Span. He said she was highly vetted beforehand and filled out an extensive questionnaire, and then added that her daughter was pregnant.

In the end, Culvahouse said McCain had three national security questions for her, and he said she “knocked them out of the park.” He never really elaborated, but evidently, one of those questions was whether she would use nuclear weapons if necessary! What ever answer she gave was a keeper!

Culvahouse said he told McCain this about her: “High risk, high reward!”

Now with all of that said, there was an incredible “Draft Sarah Palin” movement out there. Four or five different groups were very active. How much impact that had, I couldn’t tell you.

But as someone who started following Sarah not long after she became Governor, I know a lot more people than you’d think already knew that Sarah was the a star. She was one of these “best kept secrets” that political junkies knew all about!

That’s why none of this is a surprise to those that already knew about the “Cuda. This is just the natural progression for her career!!

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Book is Number One at Amazon

Number One at B&N.

Exit question….Second look at the ‘Cuda, Allah?

gary4205 on September 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I just got on this site, but lots of Sarah Palin supporters need to go over to Politico.com/Ben Stein blog/”Palin Didn’t Get Enough Time on Fox?”

Lots of negative comments…Sarah needs your positive comments.

VFT on October 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM