Video: Obama events sound rather … familiar

posted at 3:36 pm on September 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Congressman Tom Price wonders whether viewers of this video can distinguish between Barack Obama the candidate, and Barack Obama the President, in these clips of his public appearances. These days, the best way to distinguish between the two is by comparing his record to his rhetoric, but the chair of the Republican Study Committee has another point in mind. Obama seems to be doing a lot more campaigning than governing these days, and the only people getting truly “fired up” are his opponents:

We talk about the permanent campaign, but this is a little ridiculous. The best way to tell between campaigning and governing is that Obama appears most often now with a suit coat when in public. Otherwise, it’s all campaign, all the time — and he is outsourcing his leadership to Nancy Pelosi, who has run wild with a radical agenda.

He wanted to be President. Maybe he should spend some time being that, instead of the Oval Office Campaigner in Chief.

Update: According to Mary Katharine Ham, his efforts as Campaigner in Chief aren’t faring all that well, anyway.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Like I said–he’s the good student, the teacher’s pet. He ran for president because that’s what his teachers wanted. Now that he’s there, he is leaving the complicated stuff to his teachers, because “they know best.”

Count to 10 on September 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Pittsburgh PD used the funds to bring in cops from as far away as AZ and FL. The cops are fully suited up in kevlar and full riot gear, and they have serious armored vehicles. There are 200+ NG troops in reserve. The word is that the mayor has authorized zero tolerance policy.

I’ve heard reports of Pittsburgh PD buying thousands of canisters of tear gas also.

uknowmorethanme on September 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM

What a joke of a man.

amkun on September 24, 2009 at 4:13 PM

He’s unwilling to stand in front of a bi-partisan crowd. He’s unable to handle, or unwilling to acknowledge, that the majority of America not wanting to kiss his feet, and that includes supporters.

uknowmorethanme on September 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM

He tried it at the all-star game here, and that didn’t go so well….and that was just as things were just starting to get heated up.

It was amazing how many libs were stunned at that. I mean, they just couldn’t believe it. They started saying it must have been because he was wearing a White Sox jacket….um, no guys, he isn’t univerally loved and adored the way MSNBC tells you he is.

stldave on September 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Heard in the Whitehouse on January 20, 2012 …

“Fired up! Ready to go!!”

PackerBronco on September 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

PPD now reporting broken windows and property damage in the Strip District.

DrW on September 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM

OMG, is Primanti Brother’s affected?

The looting of tasty deli sandwiches has begun, undoubtedly.

Maybe they’ll vandalize the Pirates. Oh right, they’re already wrecked.

NoDonkey on September 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Just like how Libs are in denial that Ted Kennedy was not universally loved outside of MA?

uknowmorethanme on September 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Heard in the Whitehouse on January 20, 2012 …

“Fired up! Ready to go!!”

PackerBronco on September 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

+ ∞

uknowmorethanme on September 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I would imagine that a man abandoned by both of his parents will never stop seeking attention.

Chuck Schick on September 24, 2009 at 3:41 PM

The office of POTUS, is not the place to work out ones emotional issues.

MarkTheGreat on September 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Okay, I give up.
I’m ready for that “change” now please.

JusDreamin on September 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM

This is what the country gets for electing someone who’s never really done anything except run for office. Obumble can’t govern, so he just continues to campaign. It’s all he really knows how to do.

JayVee on September 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The office of POTUS, is not the place to work out ones emotional issues.

MarkTheGreat on September 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Which is why he’s not much at presidenting.

Chuck Schick on September 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Remember Will Farrell’s 2000 post-election SNL skit portraying Bush as thinking that the once the election was over he could go back to doing what he did before rather than leading the country?

Yeah….

calbear on September 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM

If He resigns, we are stuck with Biden.

nyx on September 24, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I’d rather have Biden.

MarkTheGreat on September 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM

He IS Charles Van Doren!

JAM on September 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Which is why he’s not much at presidenting.

Chuck Schick on September 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Presidenting is hard.

TXMomof3 on September 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM

YES! Yes I’m fired up and ready for Obama to go!

HumblyRight on September 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM

He is not President of the United States, he is President of the Obama Fan Club.

albill on September 24, 2009 at 4:25 PM

What do we do now?
Bill McKay

ronsfi on September 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I wish he would just come out in a cheerleading outfit w/ pom poms, then we’d have some real transparency. Maybe a few hundred signs that say “Obama in ’12.” Why try to hide it?

I’m fired up!

I like fire………

di butler on September 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM

He reminds me of this:

I ask you: Do you want total war? If necessary, do you want a war more total and radical than anything that we can even imagine today?…

I ask you: Is your confidence in the Führer greater, more faithful and more unshakable than ever before? Are you absolutely and completely ready to follow him wherever he goes and do all that is necessary to bring the war to a victorious end?

- Joseph Goebbels circa 1943

Django on September 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM

But this is all he knows. He’s never done anything but “organize communities”. These rallies are just organizing people to heap worship on him. This guy has never had a job and isn’t here to do the people’s work. WAKE THE F UP AMERICA. The radical statements and connections can only be dismissed by the most dishonest of people.

BTW, did anyone else find the whole scene of him leading the crowd in a chant almost as unsettling as making young children sing his praises? Obama: “Fired up”, Crowd:”Fired up”, Obama: “Ready to go”, Crowd: “Ready to go”. What is this friggin’ guy doing, officiating a high school pep rally?

RightWinged on September 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I think perhaps God is punishing America.

OhioCoastie on September 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM

The Cult of Personality is on full display in that video.

Bru on September 24, 2009 at 4:38 PM

And now for my message:
Put the Carafe of Kool Aid down and walk away!

BigMike252 on September 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM

He completely embarasses me.
For the first time in my adult lifetime…I’m.. ashamed of my President.

katy on September 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM

uknowmorethanme on September 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Obama’s creating jobs.

angryed on September 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM

albill on September 24, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Who’s the leader of the clowns who take from you and me?

B-A-R, A-C-K, O-B-A-M-A,

In da house.

In da house.

Forever raise your red flags high! high! high!

NoDonkey on September 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM

For the first time in my adult lifetime…I’m.. ashamed of my President.

katy on September 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Were you not alive on 1/21/09?

angryed on September 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Cheerleader in Chief.

baxtrice on September 24, 2009 at 4:43 PM

MORE COWBELL!

percysunshine on September 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Monica called me a prude earlier in the say in the “fisting” thread, but…

No one in a position demanding respect from the American people should ever say “in da house” in my book.

…wait, wait, I’ll reply for you, ahem, “RACIST!”.

NickelAndDime on September 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Some people mentioned Biden above.

It seems to me that it’s clear, BO chose Biden as his veep not as a successor, but as insurance against any sort of impeachment, whether an official one or a sentiment that grows in the country.

I guess he didn’t plan on being so pathetic a “leader” that people would begin to prefer Biden over him. (Real insurance would’ve been Pelosi.)

amkun on September 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Let’s face it: this guy never held down a job. He doesn’t know how to get to work. But he does know how to campaign FOR a job…

redfoxbluestate on September 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I think perhaps God is punishing America.

No, we deserve the leaders the voters elect.

If we elect vapid candidates with no record of doing anything other than organizing and agitating…we get elected officials who…guess what…organize rallies and agitate the public.

It speaks more of the stupidity of the American voter than it does of God punishing us…

Dickie Dunn on September 24, 2009 at 4:53 PM

NickelAndDime on September 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

You can’t question art and I needed something that rhymed with “mouse”.

NoDonkey on September 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I’d still like to know just what the h**l did Obama mean by the word ‘Change’?

Chainsaw56 on September 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Seems he has managed to find a way to bask in other’s adulation for all eternity the rest of his Presidency.

Rightwingguy on September 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM

OMG, is Primanti Brother’s affected?

The looting of tasty deli sandwiches has begun, undoubtedly.

Maybe they’ll vandalize the Pirates. Oh right, they’re already wrecked.

NoDonkey on September 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM

If they damage Primanti’s – no mercy! Fortunately Wholey’s is built like a fortress.

perries on September 24, 2009 at 5:11 PM

he knows he’s a successful campaigner that’s why he made the slip when speaking with GS. He just hasn’t accepted yet that he sucks at governing.

Perhaps he should take guitar lessons and strap a Gibson to his shoulders and take that route instead. he already has his fan base – dave matthews.

poppieseeds on September 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I can’t watch the video at work(damn school district filters!), Doughboy on September 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I feel your pain.
I can’t wait til I can get internet at home (in the stix).
I can’t access YouTube or anything interesting & they won’t let us turn off the filters anymore.
Ugh.
And it is true as someone here said:
Obama is the worst nightmare America has had in all her years.

Badger40 on September 24, 2009 at 5:21 PM

He doesn’t know HOW to be POTUS.

His job is to push the agenda the people who pull his strings want him to push.

Elizabetty on September 24, 2009 at 5:48 PM

And he’s perfectly OK with that because he shares the same radical agenda. Just as he has decided that he will settle for being a one-term president if that is a consequence of ramming through the radical, structural changes central to his agenda, against the majority of Americans’ wishes, Pelosi has decided that she will sacrifice a Democratic majority to achieve the same goals.

ProfessorMiao on September 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM

If I’m mayor of Pittsburgh, I’d invite all the people in the city to come out and bring their own clubs for a…..

BEAT a BEATNIK BEATATHON!

And win another term easy.

Sapwolf on September 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Can’t wait to see the Youtubes camparing these G20 maggots with the Tea Partiers.

Sapwolf on September 24, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Monica called me a prude earlier in the say in the “fisting” thread, but…

…wait, wait, I’ll reply for you, ahem, “RACIST!”.

NickelAndDime on September 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I was teasing! ;)

Monica on September 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I tried not to watch this insufferable, bloviating pseudo-intellectual during the campaign, and I try to avoid it now. But I had no idea he led the crowd in chants like some deranged cheerleader. My land.

DrMagnolias on September 24, 2009 at 5:57 PM

……..and he’s acting stupidly!!

IMPEACH THE KENYAN (Indonesian?)!

rabidamerican on September 24, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Obama as #1, and Carter as #2, are glaring examples of what America is NOT about.

In the REAL America, the president is a representative and the leader of the nation. Theoretically at least, theoretically speaking that’s how the founders had intended it. Needless to say zero the anti-hero has other ideas, but do we really give a f*ck what he thinks anymore? He isn’t in tune with the liberals in his own party, as evidenced by the fact that he has to campaign to them….and is failing.

Can’t we just impeach him and get on with our future as it was meant to be? Please?

Spiritk9 on September 24, 2009 at 6:01 PM

“We’re Fired up. ready to go”

Van Jones
Sargent Yoshi
ACORN

TN Mom on September 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM

He doesn’t appear to know how to do anything else. He has never had to lead, govern, or run anything more than a campaign, so his razor thin resume includes nothing else. He’s going with his (one and only) strength.

College Prof on September 24, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I’m certain that Obama was stunned by his win in the Democratic primary and the Presidency. He doesn’t have a clue what to do, how to do it, or even the proper people to ask for help. At least it’s good to know that we can elect multiple clueless dufi as President, and still survive as a nation.

liberty0 on September 24, 2009 at 6:31 PM

FIRED UP!! mmm mmm mmm AND READY TO VOTE!!

ziggyville on September 24, 2009 at 6:31 PM

“We talk about the permanent campaign, but this is a little ridiculous.”

It’s pathetic…

Seven Percent Solution on September 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Fired up and ready to go – yes we are and yes we can get rid of this regime! His agenda and policies will bring out voters that haven’t seen a booth, or electronic machines, for 20 years. I’m guessing the youth vote that essentially put him over the top will have either tried to find a job or lost one since they voted. They’ll also have some kind of idea the enormity of the tax burden they face longer than those 60+… It’s really simple. Vote out every single lib and rino, turning the country upside down overnight in 2010. If we fail, we’ll be staring down the barrel of a Hugo Chavez by 2012.

24K lady on September 24, 2009 at 6:42 PM

He is also surrounded by people who know only campaigning, not governing. That’s what happens when the WH is run by people like Rahm and Axelrod, all flash and no substance. A good manager surrounds him/herself with experts who are supposed to make him/her look smarter. There’s no depth on the WH bench, and everybody’s third string.

College Prof on September 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Fire Obama, he’s ready to go.

TinMan13 on September 24, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Just remember that about a third of the US population will follow this man anywhere regardless of whatever foolishness he works. I also firmly believe that they would even resort to violence in his defense. This mind set has taken the left generations to achieve, but it has now come to fruition. It doesn’t matter to them what he does.

cjk on September 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM

FIRED.

profitsbeard on September 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Evening of Nov 4th, 2012. Barry sitting alone in the darkened Oval Office. “I coulda been a contender! I coulda been something!”

GarandFan on September 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Obama is a lunatic.

So is my dog, Timmy.

But my dog doesn’t think he can run the country.

GrannyDee on September 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Cheer leader in Chief. What a waste of pay and benefits. Maybe the Detroit Lions would hire him.

chemman on September 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I hope one of those “fired up, ready to go” morons comes over to my house to talk to me about this idiot and his ‘campaign’ to take over our country. It’d be a real hoot to drop-kick that dipsh*t back into Oboob’s lap.

outnumberedinparadise on September 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Why does this remind me of “two legs bad, four legs good”?

Just askin.

Archimedes on September 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I think perhaps God is punishing America.

OhioCoastie on September 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I had the same thought on election night, Ohio. Specifically that Obama was our punishment for the sin of abortion. The most pro-abort president ever…not to mention a lot of other things.

Rosmerta on September 24, 2009 at 8:59 PM

That was a great little clip, I was actually cringing in embarassment for the 0ne by the end.

4shoes on September 24, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I

think perhaps God is punishing America.

OhioCoastie on September 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I see it more like God is allowing America to it’s own devices. We seem to shrug away from him constantly so he’s letting us go.

cjk on September 25, 2009 at 1:02 AM

No kidding, Ed. His five-show sweep last week was just the epitome of the permanent campaign.

Obama isn’t a leader; he’s a manager — and a not-very-good manager at that.

Paul_in_NJ on September 25, 2009 at 7:49 AM

“Obama the Reader” is an impostor. And so is his wife. They’re riding on the vogue of slave and race lineage and identity.
If the identity were valid, why will they not publish any of their historic genealogy? The autobiographies are fantasies. They are most adept at lies and deception.

Cybergeezer on September 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I’m fired up and ready kick all those bastards out of office.

panzerkardinal on September 25, 2009 at 1:23 PM