Video: Inhofe going to global-warming conference in Copenhagen

posted at 4:10 pm on September 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

What could be more out of place than a Republican in an ACORN office? Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) at a global-warming conference. The leading Congressional skeptic of global warming plans his first trip to the annual conference in six years to act as the “only voice” of opposition, and hopes to force the attendees to deal with rising skepticism about the claims of climate-change advocates:

Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) said Wednesday he would travel to this fall’s climate change summit in Copenhagen to serve as a “one-man truth squad.”

A noted skeptic of global warming, Inhofe pledged to present “another view” on climate change during the December summit to hash out an international climate change agreement. …

The Oklahoma Republican has long called global warming science a “hoax,” and has repeatedly warned that regulatory schemes to abate carbon and other polluting emissions would be excessively harmful to the economy. He said Wednesday on C-SPAN that passing the current cap-and-trade bills before Congress would result in a tax and be a “ludicrous” idea.

I’m going to try to get Senator Inhofe on one of next week’s shows to talk more about his trip to Copenhagen. He traveled to the Milan conference in 2003, and I’m curious to get his evaluation of his efforts there and whether he impacted the debate there. I suspect that the conferees will not be happy to have dissent in their midst, and the key will be whether they treat this as a scientific question or a political question. I’m guessing they treated it as the latter in 2003, and that it won’t improve in 2009.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

According to Paul Erlich, we all died 9 years ago, so what’s the big problemo?

Since then, it’s all icing.

Chill and enjoy!

profitsbeard on September 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Just curious, is he going to be the representative for the US?(if so how did he manage that?) or is he going on his own to do some Pwnage?

TheVer on September 24, 2009 at 11:24 PM

As soon as he opens his mouth to speak truth to insanity, Inhofe will know exactly what’s it’s like to be the Israeli ambassador speaking to the UN General Assembly – everyone will walk out on him.

J.J. Sefton on September 25, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Here’s something for Senator Inhofe to peruse while he’s on his way to Copenhagen – The Dog Ate Global Warming:

…the data needed to verify the gloom-and-doom warming forecasts have disappeared.

Or so it seems. Apparently, they were either lost or purged from some discarded computer. Only a very few people know what really happened, and they aren’t talking much. And what little they are saying makes no sense.

…If we are to believe Jones’s note to the younger Pielke, CRU adjusted the original data and then lost or destroyed them over twenty years ago. The letter to Warwick Hughes may have been an outright lie. After all, Peter Webster received some of the data this year. So the question remains: What was destroyed or lost, when was it destroyed or lost, and why?

Paul_in_NJ on September 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I’m an environmentalist who is rather neutral on the climate change issue. Human population is the issue that needs addressing. But let’s go for the story people here will like. I went to hear Prime Minister Rudd of Australia babble on about climate change yesterday–all sorts of socialist BS about government/private consortia are someway going to solve the climate change problem (as opposed to being schemes to funnel money to supporters). I was bored out of my mind. Socialist are as boring as socialism! I will never go listen to a socialist politician speak again! I wish Inhofe the best of luck in annoying Rudd as much as Rudd annoyed me.

OT, but since I mentioned seeing Rudd, I thought I’d add that I went out and mocked the G20 protestors in Pittsburgh, by shouting “Capitalism is Great” and “Why don’t you work for a solution?” at them. I was happy about the large police presence. Ayn Rand may even be willing to tolerate me despite my environmentalism.

thuja on September 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM