Video: Glenn Beck blows the lid off Frog-gate

posted at 7:45 pm on September 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

I can’t believe people flipped out over this. Even PETA was chill and they get paid to go berserk. I don’t blame him for being pissed, either, about the underhanded edit of the clip that omitted the part where he said the frog was fake. That sort of video bowdlerization has been known to occur on lefty blogs from time to time.

As for his penchant for vivid visual metaphors, look: The guy’s a showman. Sometimes it weirds me out too, but goofiness in service to a political point is one thing and animal cruelty is another. If you’re going to have a meltdown, anti-Beckers, at least save it for something important.

Exit notation: I do not, in fact, blog from a basement. I blog from a small apartment, and shall continue to do so unless/until Google buys Hot Air. We’re not all homeowners, rich guy!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

HondaV65 on September 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM

hahahah

scalleywag on September 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM

We’re not all homeowners, rich guy!
Head to your local ACORN office Allah. They can get you into a nice 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage for 3 years until they repo it and have the taxpayers pay for it when you can’t.

portlandon on September 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Felt compelled to fix that!

dhunter on September 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM

LGFers mess with Glenn… find out it ain’t easy being green.

red winger on September 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM

HondaV65 on September 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM

You have me belly laughin’ with that one.

I’ve enjoyed frawg legs several times (not often enough) in my life, and a few times I’ve cooked them on my own.

I figger all frogs must be female, because they all taste like chicken.

Yum!

petefrt on September 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM

The day Michelle sells Hot Air to Google, I’m outta here. Hopefully she will never need the money as bad as Allah needs a bigger apartment.

Rovin on September 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I heard a rumor that half the space in Allah’s apartment is taken up by beer cans stacked in pyramids. If he would just get rid of those his apartment wouldn’t seem so small.

MB4 on September 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I wonder, How do they cook frogs legs? are they boiled or fried?

Hellrider on September 24, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Sauteed in butter garlic til brown on both sides. Ad white wwine,cover and cook 5 min. per side.

katy the mean old lady on September 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Besides the house, ACORN will provide a hooker for each bedroom. I don’t even understand the frog thing, but I never turn on the news, so I do not watch Beck except for a couple of times in a VA waiting room. I was surprised they even had him on.

rlwo2008 on September 24, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Ohoho, now we see where some of the jealousy comes from. That, and the fact that Glenn like, enjoys life and stuff.

I_C on September 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Are you saying that Allah doesn’t? For shame. He loves Kirsten Po-oh, I mean Meghan M-er, I mean…he loves Jack Daniels!

MadisonConservative on September 24, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Maybe it would have been cooler to drop a real lobster into a real pot of boiling water. Then, after the segment, he could have a chef prepare it for him to eat before the end of the show.

And, you know the best way to eat frog’s legs?

Put one leg over one shoulder and the other leg over your other should and go to town! :-)

cannonball on September 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM

LGFers mess with Glenn… find out it ain’t easy being green.

red winger on September 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Little Green Footballs is like a watermelon.

Red on the Inside.

Holger on September 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Little Green Footballs is like a watermelon.

Red on the Inside.

Holger on September 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM

So what you’re saying is if we fill it with liquor, it’d be worth partaking in?

MadisonConservative on September 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM

So what you’re saying is if we fill it with liquor, it’d be worth partaking in?

MadisonConservative on September 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM

If you like Kook Aid.

Holger on September 24, 2009 at 8:58 PM

You don’t have to be a homeowner to blog from a basement.

Silly Atheist.

Dopavash on September 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM

cannonball on September 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Again, all frogs must be female, as they all taste like chicken, right?

This comment will self destruct in 5… 4… 3…

petefrt on September 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I remember years ago when LGF got popular. I never stayed because the comments were full of racist and exterminationist ranting. Maybe it got better, but I never cared what wnet on there since.

exception on September 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Thats not true.Where there occasional mobys?or drunken rants?yeah.But that was the only time the frogger got out the banstick.Now anything might get you banned.

theTarCzar on September 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM

mmm mmm mmm

aaaaaaAAAAA-llah-PUNDIT

He Likes to blog in secrecy

Inciting us feels him with glee

mmm mmm mmm

aaaaaaAAAAA-llah-PUNDIT

therightscoop on September 24, 2009 at 9:04 PM

This guy is pulling over 3 million viewers every night close to O’Reilly and sometimes more than Hannity.He,s doing this in the 5pm time slot vs. O’Reilly and Hannity prime time shows.If he had a prime time slot he would cream both every night.So he must being doing something right.I also heard thru the grape vine that Fox is thinking about putting Beck in the 7pm slot and moving Shep Smith to 5pm.

thmcbb on September 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM

thmcbb on September 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM

how bout movin Shep to 5 A.M. right after Whorealdo at 4 A.M.

dhunter on September 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM

thmcbb

Well, it’s about damn time.

Urban Infidel on September 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM

MadisonConservative on September 24, 2009 at 8:50 PM

My bad. I mean, Glenn doesn’t even drink anymore! What could he possibly live for? JD + sexyrobots FOREVAHHHH!!!

I_C on September 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Shut the pie hole!! lol!!

roasted7 on September 24, 2009 at 9:16 PM

That sort of video bowdlerization has been known to occur on lefty blogs

It’s actually the reverse of bowdlerization. Bowdlerization is removing objectionable or distasteful parts. This editing is removing legitimate disclaimers to make the video piece appear objectionable or distasteful.

bgoldman on September 24, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I saw the footage posted yesterday and couldn’t see the frog going from hands to pot after multiple slow-motion views, so I didn’t believe it at all.

Would I have thought to examine it so closely without the commentary in the post questioning if he’d done it? I don’t know, and I would bet that most of the people who believe that “GLENN BECK IS A FROG BOILER!!!!1!!11!!1!” didn’t think to actually look closely at the crucial part.

Canucker on September 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM

The wacky left will bite at anything. Sometimes I think Beck sets them up.

rplat on September 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Allah lives in a small apartment with a chicken.

suzyk on September 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Personally, I wouldn’t care if he had boiled a frog. I did the cutting in jr hi so what? What’s cool is watching all the bat shit crazies jump out of the woodwork to say boo!
Way to go Glenn.

Blacksmith8 on September 24, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Sick, twisted freak. It’s a show, folks, get over yourselves.

Kissmygrits on September 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM

The wacky left will bite at anything. Sometimes I think Beck sets them up.

rplat on September 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Charles (LGF) is accusing him of exactly that in a big post tonight. Poor guy is absolutely livid that he got caught failing to check his facts – and after having made his bones busting Dan Rather for exactly that.

ManUFan on September 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Of course Beck set them up – it’s a fairly brilliant “show business” stunt premised on the image being too delicious to the lefties to check out.

They believe Beck (along with everyone else on our side of the political divide) would do such a thing because he’s EEEVILLLLL; and they also think everyone on our side is stupid (and they’re smart), so it NEVER occurs to them that they might be getting played.

And then, when they get caught, they yell at you some more.

BD57 on September 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM

The wacky left will bite at anything. Sometimes I think Beck sets them up.

rplat on September 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM

ManUFan on September 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM

That “football” ship is sinking, the stern in down, the bow is coming up, it’ll soon be submerged.

Jeff from WI on September 24, 2009 at 9:47 PM

HOP AND CHANGE.

THE FROG THAT DIDN’T CROKE IN THE NIGHT.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 24, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Jeff from WI on September 24, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Yes; Charles would be best off to admit he’s a liberal, and just merge with HuffPo. A very angry man who doesn’t quite dare admit who he is.

ManUFan on September 24, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Ah…the heartwarming scenario, just as I’ve always imagined it: alone in his little garret, Allahpundit sits, hunched over, typing on his MacBook with one hand while he stirs the ramen noodles on the hotplate with the other. Kidding! I kid!

cynccook on September 24, 2009 at 10:07 PM

No one owns their home. You doubt me? Try refusing to pay property taxes and see how long you are able to continue to abide in it.

csdeven on September 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I figger all frogs must be female, because they all taste like chicken.

Yum!

petefrt on September 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Riddle me this, if they taste like chicken, why not just eat chicken? Just sayin’.

jimmy2shoes on September 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM

AP, you piss everyone off. You know how to twist the knife just right.

I’m just glad you’re on our side.

spmat on September 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

AP, you piss everyone off. You know how to twist the knife just right.

I’m just glad you’re on our side.

spmat on September 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Sorry to break it to you, he is not on “OUR” side. The guy is a moron and needs to go.

WoosterOh on September 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM

It seems to me that LGF got snookered by MSNBC’s disingenuous editing of the clip. Look, don’t always agree with everything on any one site. I’m glad LGF is in the game.

Pythagoras on September 24, 2009 at 10:35 PM

WoosterOh on September 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Funny, that about sums you up.

MadisonConservative on September 24, 2009 at 10:39 PM

LGF- Laughable Goofed-on F*ckheads

Must be licking too many, latetly.

That Bufotenine is a killer, right Chuckie?

profitsbeard on September 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Got to admit,if nothing else, the entire segment put a lot of jerk-offs on notice. The one’s screaming will be those ‘most uncomfortable’.

GarandFan on September 24, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Charles Johnson has a post up how Glenn Beck lied about LGF in this segment. Glenn just read the title of one of his posts and showed it on the screen. That’s an interesting definition of a lie.

zmdavid on September 24, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Did you think he killed a frog? He was referring to the ones who actually thought he used a real frog after all.

mizflame98 on September 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Yep that’s what I thought he doing, making a not too subtle point about – look what I can do to bloggers. I will make the blogosphere a buzz about a fake boiled frog. He is right of course it’s a joke, and the blogosphere is predictable. He just wants us all engaged, and asking questions apparently even stupid ones GRIN.

Dr Evil on September 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Frogger

mizflame98 on September 24, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I think they should give him an EMMY even if he’s being real (which, of course, he IS!) Sure beats the garbage shows they give EMMY’s to nowadays.

Christian Conservative on September 24, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Seinfeld Frogger.

mizflame98 on September 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM

This dude is on some creep business – no wonder Levin can’t stand the guy

d-mitch on September 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Glenbeck is brilliant. The frog skit was great.

tx2654 on September 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Beck is is harming the conservative cause with this idiocy.

It’s amazing that people can still follow him blindly when he admits that it was his objective to harm the country to teach people a lesson.

Patriots don’t wish harm on the United States. People who do shouldn’t be made the darling of the conservative cause.

Boxy_Brown on September 25, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Coqui!

I agree, not only was the frog bit brilliant, it was hilarious. To say Beck is hurting the conservative cause is absolute nonsense. You only need to look at the 9/12 project results.

And it’s not ham, it’s prosciutto.

Kini on September 25, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Do you bread them or just fry em’ up plain?

thomasaur on September 24, 2009 at 8:34 PM

They’re best when served fresh, as in middle-of-the-night, middle-of-the-woods, next-to-the-campfire fresh. Fry’em in butter seasoned with onion, garlic, and pepper in an iron skillet over the campfire. Pick someone not too drunk to do this to avoid buzz-killin’ trips to the ER.

Show of hands from those who have been frog-giggin’?

I haven’t been frog-giggin’ myself since my teen years, but all this frog talk is making me just a little bit hungry.

I think that it was the adventure more than the actual resulting food that made the experiences so memorable, but… all in all, pretty good eating.

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM

LGF=Laughably Gross Fartsniffers

xblade on September 25, 2009 at 12:27 AM

P.S. Yeah, it’s kinda, sorta like chicken….but with….you know…. nuance.

Smile, AP. At least you’re in the Big Apple and stuff.

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2009 at 12:29 AM

He should just have put Bill Schulz in boiling water.

Speedwagon82 on September 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM

AP, you piss everyone off. You know how to twist the knife just right.

I’m just glad you’re on our side.

spmat on September 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

WoosterOh on September 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I raise my finger to you, WoosterOh.

Guess which one.

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Since everyone is piling on…I just had to throw this in:

Letting

Gargantuan

Farts

Pray for the boy; that’ll really get his goat.

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Who care glen trying to help us expose evil. It help me cause i get confuse about ogabe cult.

bessex on September 25, 2009 at 1:51 AM

AP i know your a atheist. BUT god bless you and captain ed you both do good work.

bessex on September 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Exit notation: I do not, in fact, blog from a basement. I blog from a small apartment.

I always pictured AP as living out of his car and blogging from a rest stop on I-80.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on September 25, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I know a few commenters here predicted that Beck would be using the “frog in boiling water” metaphor. I’d like to compile all blog posts from the “smarks” who correctly foretold Beck’s next act.

If Beck’s act becomes too telegraphed I can imagine Stephen Colbert prempting Beck theatrically which would force him to try other tangents

PunditFight on September 25, 2009 at 2:09 AM

PunditFight on September 25, 2009 at 2:09 AM

And then?

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2009 at 3:00 AM

We’re not all homeowners, rich guy!

Obviously, you’re just miffed because you missed visiting your local ACORN housing office before it went bust.

seanrobins on September 25, 2009 at 7:04 AM

PunditFight on September 25, 2009 at 2:09 AM

And then?

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2009 at 3:00 AM

That is an interesting thought. I think that anyone who watches Beck needs to keep in mind that he is a media personality, just like Colbert and Stewart and a lot of these folks and one of the reasons people watch all these guys is to be entertained. Not enlightened.

My beef with Beck is that he has begun to make nice with Ron Paul who creeps me out and because he seems to be willing to say anything to get attention from the public. He has tried to take too much credit for the Tea Party movement, and those folks deserve the credit themselves for the work they have done. Beck followed them, not the other way around.

I am sorry if I am too strident about it, but when Beck says we are better off with Obama, it just strikes me as an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Terrye on September 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM

AP, you piss everyone off. You know how to twist the knife just right.

I’m just glad you’re on our side.

spmat on September 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

WoosterOh on September 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I think the boss decides who comes and goes, and that is not you WoosterOh.

Terrye on September 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Weren’t those frogs probably sold as bait in a pet store?

ctmom on September 25, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Empties, right?

oldleprechaun on September 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM

What a load of nonsense. Before the commercial break Glenn Beck stated that the news media wasn’t following real news stories like the request for more troops in Afghanistan, etc. because they were too busy reporting about his frog incident.

Then after the commercial break, it turns out the news media he was talking about was in fact just three blogs – The Christian Science Monitor, Huffington Post and Little Green Footballs.

Glenn Beck just makes crap up.

This is theatre of the absurd for the stupid.

bileduct on September 25, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Beck really needs to get off this 3rd party crap.

rollthedice on September 25, 2009 at 8:36 AM

It’s hard not have a soft spot for that crazy Beck. He’s often over the top, but it makes more people tune in to listen.

Glenn Beck is a wonderful clown who blindsides folks with salient questions, as if they were pies.

Stickeehands on September 25, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Glenn is terrific theatre; I loved his Kermit voice near the end of the clip.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using humor to make serious points.
As I’m tired of the negativity and hate of the left, and a little concerned that some on the right sees that as the proper method of pushing back.

sannhet on September 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM

He’s even a WKRP fan!

But Limbaugh is still the king.

Chris_Balsz on September 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I checked out the original LGF post on Frog-gate, and while it was updated to confirm that the frog wasn’t real, Charles Johnson is still throwing a fit over the “irresponsibility of this kind of stunt.” I mean, it’s like, you’re upset over boiling a fake frog? A fake frog? Really?

I bet CJ wonders why no one takes him seriously anymore.

R. Waher on September 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM