School-indoctrination video retrieved!

posted at 12:15 pm on September 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, Allahpundit wrote about this creepy attempt at indoctrination at B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington Township, NJ, but Michelle wrote this morning that the June 2009 video had been removed from YouTube.  I kicked myself for not having captured it when I had the chance, but I also figured someone else would have done so.  It turns out that I was right, and I found the video of children singing a song to their dear leader on another YouTube channel:

Oops!  Sorry, wrong Dear Leader, wrong indoctrination song. Here’s the one we want, but I also want to point out more creepiness in the song:

Allahpundit noted the reference to the hymn, “Jesus loves the little children,” which might be more suitable for a Sunday school class in homage to the Lord rather than a public school performance in honor of The One. The trouble is not just the lifting of the lyrics but the fact that the new song heralds Obama as some sort of deity figure:

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

“In his sight”? That sounds rather … Biblical, doesn’t it? It’s language almost exclusively used in religious contexts, especially when it comes to human equality. After all, the point is not whether people are equal in the sight of Gracie Lou Freebush of Hackensack, but in the eyes of an Almighty, whom most people acknowledge as Creator.

Having children chant about Obama as if he were a deity is what leads eventually to the kind of conditions depicted in the first clip. I don’t mean that as an accusation that Obama wants that, but it’s that kind of cult of personality that creates conditions for political disasters like fascism and dictatorships. People who think of themselves as free citizens and politicians as public servants should be embarrassed by this kind of worship — and the parents of these children should be at the school today demanding an accounting for the cult-like indoctrination attempted by these administrators.

Note: Please do not post contact information for the school or the teachers in the comments.  Any such posts will be deleted immediately.  Let the parents handle the situation; as conservatives, we should be supportive of local control.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

LOL Ed…. M Savage played this on his show today. Fail Ed is Fail.

Ugly on September 25, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Why does that little boy in the red shirt have to do the song by himself before the group does it? Was he being punished? Did he have to leave early, but the teacher wanted to be certain he knew it before leaving? Was he in trouble for wearing red? What warranted that go-it-alone moment? I’m just wondering.

redwhiteblue on September 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM

p.s. – this is really, really creepy. Really.

redwhiteblue on September 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Your tax dollars at work.

Nahanni on September 25, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Seeing these singing children reminded me of this Dutch propaganda film called “North Korea: A Day in the Life.” Dailymotion has it posted online in three parts: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

eigafan on September 25, 2009 at 4:42 AM

Totalitarian regimes –> Praise Dear Leader (Leader Dependent)
Democracies –> Praise the Nation (Leader independent)

TheBigOldDog on September 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM

OT: Stephen A. Smith is on a Fox & Friends panel, talking about Obama’s overexposure with Pat Cadell and some Hillary advisor.

On topic: Fox & Friends is teasing an interview with a mother of one of the kids in the video. Apparently, she had no idea what was going until the recent publicity.

The Boss’s column:

BuckeyeSam on September 25, 2009 at 7:22 AM

The Superintendent should be answering some serious questions at the next school board meeting. The Liberals would be throwing a fit if teachers were teaching songs of praises to President Bush. Not that that would have ever happend.

yoda on September 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM

“Obama loves us, this I know,
Cause the Main Stream Media tells us so”

Jeff from WI on September 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM

p.s. – this is really, really creepy. Really.

redwhiteblue on September 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Why would it be creepy?

Barak Hussein Obama was sent to earth by his father to save the world. He, along with his big blue ox have traveled the country planting apple trees and freeing the slaves. Without him there would be no sunlight, clean air, or food to eat. Everyone would be homeless and jobless without Obama. It is only right that “schoochildren” worship the legend that is Barak Hussein Obama…. mmmm…..mmmmm.mmmmmm.

highhopes on September 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM

yoda on September 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Leaving aside the worship of Obama, if I were a parent of one of those kids I think I’d be most upset that my child’s face has gone viral on the internet. Lots of creepy people out there and the school should have had safeguards to ensure that something like this didn’t happen- considering that it only went public for some liberal woman to plug her Obama book.

highhopes on September 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM

1) This was February. He was sworn in in January. What were his accomplishments?
2) “He said ….” He Lied!

barnone on September 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM

highhopes on September 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM

You are right, the kids faces were shown everywhere for months and only since yesterday were the faces blurred. Good point.

yoda on September 25, 2009 at 7:55 AM

….. Was he being punished? ….. Was he in trouble for wearing red? ….. redwhiteblue on September 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM

In Dear Leader’s Brave New World, you are NEVER punished for wearing red, comrade.

Red State State of Mind on September 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM

russcote on September 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Absolutely

sherryande on September 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM

highhopes on September 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I just watched the F&F interview with a parent. It was so so. She said she found out about it when her husband sent her a text about it. My impression is that she’s an upper-middle class professional with a college education, but she seemed uncomfortable in front of the camera. I think F&F was hoping for much more outrage. As HH suggests, and understandably so, the woman seemed more put off by the fact that her daughter was “right out front” in the video. She quickly pointed out that this was only one 90-second performance in a series of skits contained in an overall program.

In the end, though she didn’t seem to have her arguments marshaled very well, I think the woman most disliked having her daughter on a viral video and thought the songs were just “over the top.”

BuckeyeSam on September 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM

BuckeyeSam on September 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM

In the final analysis it probably is more about the taping and releasing of the video than it is about a song that is over the top. The teacher should get some sort of reprimand but that’s about it.

highhopes on September 25, 2009 at 9:24 AM

This is truly disgusting. People who see this and don’t wake up are truly hopeless brainwashed obamabots.

ReneePA on September 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM

On Tuesday evening I attended a local Tea Party Patriots meeting. One of the speakers was a man who had grown up in Argentina under the Perons. One of the things he said about his life there was that every morning schoolchildren pledged allegiance and loyalty not to Argentina, but to Juan and Evita Peron. This video seriously creeps me out.

BitterClinger on September 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

According to our local rag, the NJ Education Commissioner (i.e.Liberal Appointee of Corzine) is “investigating” and the teacher retired at the end of the school year. So, even if they find it wrong, she’ll still get her pension and benefits.

Beaglemom on September 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Did anyone else notice they’ve stolen a line from the song “Jesus loves the little children” (I think that’s the name of the song… “Red and yellow, black and white…” that’s straight out of that song. I guess the next thing to come will be Obama Carols for the winter holiday which is not allowed to be about the birth of Christ anymore.

It really is disturbing and sick. Mmm mm mmm.

Mad Mad Monica on September 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Okay, that’s twice now my comment has been filtered – once last night and again just now. What’s going on?

RD on September 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM

My favorite chant from this bubbling bouillabaisse of indoctrination: Equal work for Equal pay! Unbelievable.

RD on September 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM

How come there is no “White History Month”?
Del Dolemonte on September 24, 2009 at 7:07 PM

There is. It’s called “Every month except February”.
crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM

?

You’re full of sh-t.

RD on September 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Anybody who had anything to do with this (adults in the school) should be SUSPENDED FOR A MONTH…

Disgusting…

Khun Joe on September 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM

March and at *least* one other month are already ‘taken’. March is now Women’s History Month and another month – the current ‘month’ in fact – is Hispanic Heritage month. They Who Pick Months have made it clear to the rest of us that the subject of non-Hispanic white males and their achievements is not welcome during those months. Better start looking for a free day here or there before the entire calendar is booked by our betters
and their cronies in the perpetual grievance industry.

P.S. I had links to both Months but HotAir is not accepting them, maybe for good reason.

RD on September 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM

latest- Principal of New Jersey school where kids were videotaped singing Obama’s praises makes no apologies for video and says she would allow the performance again. – Obamas praises? Like all the good hes done as a senator, nah. Um, about all the great people he hangs around with, cant be that. Just why does she love obama so much that she needs to have others see about him? Hmmmmmm

Greed on September 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Mmm, mmm, mmm, marxism.

TrickyDick on September 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

How so? I thinkyou probably got that off of a bumper sticker or a t shirt… but if you didn’t and acyually think you were making some kind of point, could you explain the reasoning behind it, beyond something like “Well. if you don’t get it, I can’t explain it” kinda crap. Really..what is that supposed to mean?

Itchee Dryback on September 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM

BHS was created because the normal school curriculum didn’t focus enough on black figures. White people are already extensively featured in our curriculum, so to have a “White History Month” would be redundant. We learn about white people the other 11 months. I’m not saying there’s anything particularly wrong with that. But that’s the way it is.

crr6 on September 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM

“Well. if you don’t get it, I can’t explain it”

That’s probably the case, but I’d figure I’d try and explain anyway. Have fun.

crr6 on September 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Ya just gotta love the Schools excuse for this!

It was Black History Month! Uhmm that’s February, this was shot in June.

It,it,it was Presidents day! Ya that’s it it was Presidents day! Uhmm that was February 16th, this was shot in June.

DSchoen on September 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM

A socialist using socialist tools.

How unexpected.

darktood on September 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM

There is. It’s called “Every month except February”.
crr6 on September 24, 2009

Yet this was shot in June, according to the school Black History Month.

DSchoen on September 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Uh, did you read Ed’s update? You’re not supposed to post this.

Del Dolemonte on September 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Sorry, but I don’t consider posting the twitter name of the radical behind this posting “contact” info. I didn’t give her number, address, or even email address… And the media is reporting the woman’s name.

RightWinged on September 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Is this the video he was looking for?

Gob on September 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Finally–School Prayer returns!

To that songwriter lady went to Harvard with Barry “White Grandmother” Obama: “mmm mmmm mmmm” is not a lyric; it’s the sound Sandy Berger makes in his underwear at the National Archives.

Noel on September 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I have that irritating song in my head and can’t shake it -
“Ain’t Seen Nothin Yet”
…here’s something you’ll never forget….

I hope I’m wrong.

Glad I have only one left in the roost and she is in High School now and can think for herself. Thank God.

seesalrun on September 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Hannity is talking about this now on FOX.

ronnyraygun on September 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

My favorite part is Mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm.

NathanG on September 26, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Gracie Lou Freebush! I love that movie!

NathanG on September 26, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Mmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm We’re gonna kick your butt in November mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm 2010′s gonna suck for ya Mmmmmmmmm mmmm mmmmmm

NathanG on September 26, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Here’s another Obama song sung by elementary school kids in government run school video. This one hasn’t seemed to have gotten much play. The context is a bit different, but I think you’ll all agree that this has no place in a compulsory government school system. Far as I’m concerned, this is the exact same category as letting a preacher into the school to teach a specific religion.

default013 on September 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Those on this thread that have tried to draw similarities between this event and the hitler jugend, are right and justified in their opinion. Those who disagree and argue against it, don’t know anything about the history of Nazi Germany and shouldn’t be allowed to take part in the discussion.

ronnyraygun on September 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM

He There,

Here is another verse that the children can sing about our Dear Leader:

Barak Hussein Obama
The usurper with the Birth Certificate Drama
mmm mmm mmm

Barak Hussein Obama
He had a radical typical white mama
mmm mmm mmm

Barak Hussein Obama
But he was raised by his typical white grandmamama
mmm mmm mmm

Barak Hussein Obama
He sucks up to leaders like Osama
mmm mmm mmm

Barak Hussein Obama
He is now also the exalted Dali Lama
mmm mmm mmm

Barak Hussein Obama
In his obscene presidential Wonderama
mmm mmm mmm

globalmagnetic on September 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I still contend that Obama is white. I think that all of you people out there that continue to call him black, completely ignoring his white mother, are awful racists that have something against white people.

White people are people too you know.

watson007 on September 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Does anyone think, besides me, that the woman who wrote this song wants to sleep with Obama? Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm Barack Hussein Obama mmmmmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm. As Cleveland says, “That’s nasty!”

NathanG on September 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM