Dig deep: Hannah Giles defense fund launches

posted at 6:33 pm on September 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s legit. Her pops sent out a blast e-mail about it a little while ago and I’m told the link’s posted on his Facebook page, so fire away. Not that she’ll need the money: The lawsuit’s weak, the jury will be on her side, and apparently Hannity’s set to beam this link out to America on tonight’s show, which means she’ll be swimming in dough come morning. Still, it’s a way to thank her for her work and to reward her for her courage, which is now being recognized by U.S. Senators. Free advice to the fund administrators, though: Add a $5 option so that people can make micro-donations. There’s big money in that. Ask the president.

I’ll post the info for O’Keefe’s defense fund once it’s available. (Why don’t they have a joint fund, incidentally?) Elsewhere in ACORN news, the Treasury Department’s IG is sniffing around their affiliates’ tax-exempt status even as the LA Times assures us that their employees are more committed than evah. Someone deserves an award for this masterpiece in the art of understatement:

“They haven’t hurt us like they think they did,” said Daniel Leary, a member who helps lead ACORN’s Foreclosure Fighters, a group that assists people facing eviction. “Our anger makes us more focused. Now we know the mission at hand.”

Critics charge that that adversarial mind-set, which helped make ACORN one of the most formidable community organizing groups in the country, may also prevent the group from conducting an honest reckoning with any flaws that the videotapes may have revealed.

“They have a very bunker mentality,” said Marcel Reid, a former national ACORN board member who left the organization because she had problems with its leadership. “They perceive everyone as a threat. You’re either with them or against them, and there’s no space in between.”

You don’t say. Just to add to the telethon vibe of this post, here’s entertainment from last night’s Factor with Barney Frank, who’s moved not so subtly from the “with them” to the “against them” column. Oh, and before I forget, the NEA just pulled the trapdoor on Yosi Sergant this afternoon, although that’s not so much an ACORN story as an “another casualty of Breitbart doing the media’s job for them” story.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I have the best story ever.
A lady in a Prius slathered with Obama stickers was illegally parked in one of my lots – so instead of having her towed from the tennants parking I made her give me 40 dollars which I told her was for the Hannah Giles defense fund……….and then I called the tow truck. LOOOOOOVE IT.

Fishy.Gov on September 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Just wanted to point out that there is not a single mention of James O’Keefe in this post or this thread. Can’t imagine why.

;)

inviolet on September 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM

My scumbag senators won’t be recognizing Ms Giles-at least not in a positive way.
Today on Don & Roma-they went after Gibson over ACORN coverage-Burris claimed that the sting was all an FNC set-up, was possibly “entrapment”, and that ACORN is a terrific group that helps lots of disadvantaged people. He also stated that he’s proud of his pro-ACORN vote.
I’m sure Dickie agrees with everything Roland said.
The first socialist state of ILL-ANNOYZ never disappoints.
//sarc.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I’ll do anything she asks of me.

therightwinger on September 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Uh, my bad. I usually catch those things.

Thank you Allah!

inviolet on September 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Fishy.Gov on September 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

You got her good, but if she drives a Prius, you should have soaked her for at least $80. :-)

joejm65 on September 24, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Now we know the mission at hand.

What exactly is their mission? To attract a better class of pimp?

SagebrushPuppet on September 24, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I will defend Hannah Giles ANY FRICKING DAY !! Show me the Defense Fund Website ! Better yet, keep me posting her pictures.

Hot’N’Smart – conservative women in the news seem to be more good looking than their liberal counterparts… after suffering from the mere glimpse of Helen Thomas and Garofoolo, Hannah is a sight for sore eyes.

I think O’Keefe is getting somewhat of a raw deal – i hope that you can post his defense fund link once he announces it.

Andrew Breitbart and his team have to be supported against these communist pigs EVERY DAMN DAY.

nagee76 on September 24, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Hey, a classy, smart, good-looking CONSERVATIVE woman going head-to-head with all those smarmy, hairy-leg, birkenstock, hippy, liberal malcontent chicks……

Where do I send the check?

bannedbyhuffpo on September 24, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Fishy.Gov on September 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Good for you. I have a buddy who owns a small business in Northern NJ with 16 employees. Before the elction he took the extra time to note which cars had Obama stickers and who drove them. He also noted if anyone said they were for Obama. After the election he laid 2 of the Obamabots off. Then he assigned extra work to the other 9 Obamabots. Gotta love it.

bill30097 on September 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Ya know, some pretty girls turn to P0rn for their fortunes. Ms. Giles turned to old school, shoe leather, journalism and she’s going to make more over night than the pr0n queens will ever make…and Ms. Giles will be wear THESE videos as badges of honor for the rest of her days.

Can’t wait for the link. I’m in.

Pilgrim on September 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM

OK, here I am, super skeptic. I hope this wasn’t the bottom line purpose of this project from the beginning. Have us help them with their college funds.

PaCadle on September 24, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Dammit Allah, I was expecting a picture and maybe video of Hannah and what do you do but put Barney Franks ugly mug up there.
I’m about sick of your tricks I think I’m gonna sue you!
Sarc/
Wondering if I can find a scumbag lawyer to take up my case against Allah for cruel and unusual punishment?

dhunter on September 24, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Breitbart just announced the donation areas on his site on O’Reilly. Hmmmmmm/

PaCadle on September 24, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Didn’t ACORN cahnge their name?

Wanna bet come election time the Dims outrageous outrage will diminish to the point of outright support of the new group when they start sendin busloads of illegal voters and absentee ballots to the Dem votin booths?

Gonna post both links on Giggovernment.com according to Brietbart on O’Really.

I’m in for donations to both.

How cool is it that in the two major scoops of the last year the state run media was nowhere to be found?

Take down of John Edwards (National Enquirer) and ACORN (two college kids) scooped the SRM PRICELESS!

dhunter on September 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM

hannah is on hannahty (he he) with her lawyer right now.

ted c on September 24, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Wow this college girl is hittin it outta the park on Hannity!
Far more articulate than Obiden or Pinnochio sans TOTUS!
Hannah rocks!

dhunter on September 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM

defendhannah.com is the site from Hannity

dhunter on September 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM

This sounds a lot like Scientology, or hell, like any other two-bit stumbling, misbegotten cult. Go ACORN!

GTR640 on September 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM

It must be one of the signs of the Apocalypse…

I find myself agreeing with Frank way more than BO’R on this. O’Reilly doesn’t let anyone answer a complicated question with a full answer; he wants everything dumbed down to soundbite/bumper-sticker size.

The Monster on September 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM

PaCadle on September 24, 2009 at 8:47 PM

College?? So they can un-teach them journalism?

Jeff from WI on September 24, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Remember when 60 Minutes did stuff like this? Were praised for it. Of course, if Fox News had been the ones emulating those esteemed “journalists” from the days of yore at CBS, there would be no lack of astroturfing-type charges levied against them by the same so-called journalists.

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM

PaCadle on September 24, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Why care about the motivation(s) of one, when the net result is a benefit for another (us).

anuts on September 24, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Way off topic, I know, but is anybody, any dog, any thing at all running against Bawney Fwank?? I’ll contribute to that, as well.

thebookkeeper on September 24, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I went to her donor site earlier today. I wish they had a paypal link, too. My purse is across the room and I haven’t memorized my credit card number. Sigh.

karenhasfreedom on September 24, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Sure, but you guys didn’t give to the Ayaan Hirsi Ali defense fund. I think the word for that is RACIST!

tlynch001 on September 25, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Lawyers will be lining up in droves to represent these people. Litigation is still expensive. Scooter Libby’s legal defense cost hundreds of thousands after GWB threw him under the bus (the point where I was through with GWB and the left-leaning “Republicans” of his ilk).

highhopes on September 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I still donate every time I get a solicitation letter for his defense. I am still pissed off GWB didn’t waive everything on Libby before he left office. He also should have issued a blanket pardon for ALL CIA and the VP for any actions taken on the war on terror. He should have known Obama would go on a witch hunt for political purposes.

karenhasfreedom on September 25, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Of all the corrupt politicians in Washington, Barney Frank has to be one of the worst (top five?). This disheveled, lying, fidgety, fat sh!thead makes me sick every time I see him. Look how he shifts from side to side like a schoolkid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I literally could not watch this video. I started to taste the bile coming up in my esophagus when he appeared on my screen.

UltimateBob on September 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Yoshi quit before 12:01 on Saturday?

barnone on September 25, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I have the best story ever.

Fishy.Gov on September 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Best EVAH.

That’s what I call MAKING THE NUTROOTS PAY. heh.

seejanemom on September 25, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Glad the defense fund is doing well, that in itself helps send a message.
And wasn’t it our president that said “yes we can”? Well, YES SHE DID!
These young people are an inspiration.

JusDreamin on September 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM

You’re either with them or against them, and there’s no space in between.

This is how most liberals, especially progressives think.

MarkTheGreat on September 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Remember when 60 Minutes did stuff like this? Were praised for it.
Dr. ZhivBlago on September 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM

The difference is that 60 Minutes often misled their viewers with their “stings.” I remember a 60 Minutes “expose” of a chemical plant in WV. They kept their cameras focused on steam traps (points on steam lines that vent out condensate) and tried to make it out to be air pollution. It was just water vapor, but 60 Minutes made it look like “chemicals” were coming out all over the place. Being a chemical engineer and seeing this deception, I vowed never again to believe 60 Minutes on anything. That vow has served me well.

Christian Conservative on September 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Basically this just means that the lunatics at ACORN will now get a job with some new Org and nothing will change except the name.

Don’t get me wrong it is nice to see ACORN sink, but we will never be able to stop going after groups like this, unless we pass a law that says NO FEDERAL MONEY TO ANY GROUPS AT ALL. Why exactly would tax payers need ACORN funded at all? If we need census works, then go to a Temp Agency. Other than that the govt should stay out of it.

jeffn21 on September 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM