Video: Children sing songs of Obama’s glory

posted at 5:57 pm on September 23, 2009 by Allahpundit

No word on where or when this was shot but it was posted to YouTube just two days before The One’s speech to students, which makes me wonder if it was part of some school’s festivities for the screening. I think parents’ fears about their kids being politically indoctrinated are usually overblown, but I’m open to persuasion by compelling evidence — like, for example, this, or the vid you’re about to see. Getting little kids to croon about how awesome the president is troubles me less than the pop quiz the boss posted, mainly because they’re too young to understand and/or assimilate the agenda they’re singing about (and way too young to vote, natch). But Guy Benson got my atheist ire up when he noted that one of the lines about The One here, heard near the beginning from the kid who’s singing solo, is an adaptation from a hymn about how much Jesus loves the little children. Which makes this an extreme example of what the boss was so worried about vis-a-vis Obama’s speech: Not that he’d say something nutty or overtly political to kids but that some of his more devout cultists in the teaching ranks would take the speech as a license to push the political envelope in the classroom. And here we are.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

ObamaCRATS – his disciples and your allies – are responsible for fostering an atmosphere of collectivism and leftwing-friendly political indoctrination in our government-run schools.

Good Lt on September 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Wow, what a nuanced argument. “Fostering an atmosphere” eh? You sound like a regular Cornell West.

I said “directly” punk. By your logic Bill O’Reilly is “directly” responsible for Tiller’s murder. He “fostered an atmosphere” right? LOL.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Charisse Carney-Nunes

luckybogey on September 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM

There is no real similarity between current center-left American liberalism, and fascism, no. Fascism is a serious term. You do a disservice to those who suffered under it when you trivialize the term by using it so carelessly. Frankly, if you were living in a fascist state, you wouldn’t be able to post on this forum. You’re no worse than the “Bush is a fascist” morons that preceded you.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Fascism is a form of totalitarianism. Are you really denying that liberalism in the United States lacks totalitarian impulse. Can you say Cap and Trade?

Socialism and Fascism are both philosophically grounded in Hegelian’s conception of History and Darwinian theory.
Since our President is in charge of the auto industry, the housing industry, is able to legislate laws that bankrupt the coal industry and is completely reshaping one of the biggest private industries in the United States(Health Care) and has a personality cult, similar to some Banana republics, it is not so far fetched to talk about totalitarian implications.

nyx on September 23, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I agree actually, I think Carter for example crossed a line. Now will you concede my point?

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Sure. Modern liberals don’t look like fascists to me, however entertaining it might be to say.

They occasionally do things I find eerie, but nothing on the jackboot level. And usually cooler heads prevail.

TheUnrepentantGeek on September 23, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I grew up in the town where Reagan went to college. Half the things in town are named after Reagan- you’d be hard pressed to find a place that was more pro-Reagan.

Yet we were NEVER made to sing songs in praise of Ronald Reagan.

VanPalin on September 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM

If you don’t you’re a coward. Go ahead, emerge from your cocoon. I dare you.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Funny how many of those things apply to Obama. Yet nary a word

CWforFreedom on September 23, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Funny how many of those things apply to Obama. Yet nary a word

CWforFreedom on September 23, 2009 at 7:33 PM

If it wasn’t clear, I think calling either president a fascist is ridiculous. Hence me saying “nary a word”.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM

TheUnrepentantGeek on September 23, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Great. I think we assume the worst in each other a bit too much.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I said “directly” punk.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM

You’re not scaring anyone Nancy.

fogw on September 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

You’re not scaring anyone Nancy.

fogw on September 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

It thinks its Clit Eastwood

CWforFreedom on September 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM

They said “mmmm, mmmm, mmmm”, but I heard “mmmm, mmmm, mmmm, boy”.

LibTired on September 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM

So many many reasons its mmmm mmmm good

macncheez on September 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Does anyone remember the video that interposed the singing Obama kids in the Hollyweird house vs the kid in the Nazi uniform at the outdoor cafe that went viral last year? I have been tryig to find it so if you know where it is please post the link.

bill30097 on September 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM

So many many reasons its mmmm mmmm good

macncheez on September 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Damn..coffee went through my nose…LOL

Jeff from WI on September 23, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Man, it sure is a good thing that Beck guy is crazy with conspiracy theories and isn’t on to anything, eh?

HAnthonyWayne on September 23, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I don’t remember seeing the George W Bush video. Did I miss it?

stevo on September 23, 2009 at 7:45 PM

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Did’nt how lot bravery there pal, other than a small blurb arter this headline…

14 Points of fascism: The warning signs

..it wasn’t much more than a book promo site.

Hardly informative, or were you expecting me to place my book order, recieve, read and report my findings back to in this thread tonight?

Archimedes on September 23, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Bill- here you go.

VanPalin on September 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Archimedes on September 23, 2009 at 7:19 PM

+1000!

tigerlily on September 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM

bill30097 on September 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Not that, but quite similar.

AW1 Tim on September 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Fascist doesn’t mean “jack-booted thug.” Fascist refers to the government control of private industry, generally through corporations.

Yes, fascism always ends up as a repressive government, but it doesn’t necessarily start that way. The repression comes in because the government can’t properly control a free market. Eventually, laws have to be made to force everyone to take part in the government-sanctioned market..

When the government took over GM and Chrysler, they took huge steps into fascism. But they can’t make people buy GM and Chrysler as long as Ford and foreign manufacturers are free to compete. So eventually, there will be laws designed to prevent Ford and foreign manufacturers from “unfairly” competing against GM and Chrysler.

Even in the healthcare bill, Obama brags about setting up an “exchange” where you will have to buy your insurance. You can only buy insurance through that exchange. It will be illegal to have any other kind of insurance. It will be a government-run market, and it will be illegal to go around it.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM

VanPalin on September 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM

BTW, the person who put the video up appears to be a nutjob. But I remember seeing the video from a year ago so it was probably someone else who originally did it. Just felt like I needed that disclaimer after looking at the guy’s channel.

VanPalin on September 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM

When do we get our Little Red Books?

PA Guy on September 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Fascist doesn’t mean “jack-booted thug.” Fascist refers to the government control of private industry, generally through corporations….

…Welcome to fascism. Smiley face fascism, of course. And really, it’s for your own good.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Except that Obama DOES have “Jack-Booted Thugs”. It’s just that, instead of brown shirts and boots, HIS are wearing purple and gold SEIU Union T-Shirts. Trying to help keep that “kindler & gentler” fascism meme going.. :)

AW1 Tim on September 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Did anyone yet mention Hitler youth? I’m too lazy to read back 200 posts.

Vashta.Nerada on September 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Any response from Bill Ayers yet about this video ?

macncheez on September 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM

W

hen do we get our Little Red Books?

PA Guy on September 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM

You mean the little blue book? It’s already here. I.Kid.You.Not.

AW1 Tim on September 23, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Did anyone yet mention Hitler youth? I’m too lazy to read back 200 posts.

Vashta.Nerada on September 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Read my 7:50 post, a few up above yours.. :)

AW1 Tim on September 23, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Did anyone yet mention Hitler youth? I’m too lazy to read back 200 posts.

Vashta.Nerada on September 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Just do a search on page 2 for the words “Hip hip hooray”.

LibTired on September 23, 2009 at 8:02 PM

They are using the music of The Battle Hymn of the Republic? They had to have gotten permission from the parents to be part of this little number. Mr. Chavez would be so proud.

Cindy Munford on September 23, 2009 at 8:03 PM

OT: ACORN just sued Breitbart,O’Keiffe, & Giles!!!

portlandon on September 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Something ACORN is going to regret. Breitbart been salivating for them to go after him.

We’re going to find out a lot more dirt if this goes to trial.

Bring it on.

fogw on September 23, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Gloves are off! Where do I send my money for the Giles/O’Keefe Defense Fund???

SouperConservative on September 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I got halfway through that crap before I couldn’t stand it anymore. Far too many people proclaimed that the filthy liar’s actual speech about staying in school proved that the dissent was overblown and unfounded.

This tape proves that children are being indoctrinated by the NEA and the “educators” of America. We didn’t see children forced to praise GWB or Bill Clinton. This is a scene that could have been filmed in Havana. I simply don’t understand why Americans are not descending on DC with pitchforks, torches, tar, and feathers.

highhopes on September 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I don’t remember seeing the George W Bush video. Did I miss it?

stevo on September 23, 2009 at 7:45 PM

The only GWB school video the left wants you to see is the one where he didn’t run around in complete panic when the WTC was hit on 9/11/01.

highhopes on September 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Why don’t you read this???? If you don’t you’re a coward. Go ahead, emerge from your cocoon. I dare you.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I remember seeing something like this back in the 90s on the discussion boards. Only back then, the list was a lot longer. The problem was, I was able to quote previous posts of the guy that charged me with reading it to show that he used many of the same “techniques.”

But echniques aside, this is a collection of gee wiz points and vague accusations that prove absolutely nothing. The references use “the right’s” insistence that Bush was always right as proof of fascism. Does “the left’s” insistence that Obama is always right not also prove fascism, or is it just “different” in this case? Yeah, the same thing, but different…

And it totally ignores the historical economic and social factors that led to fascism in the past, and the evidence of the same thing happening today. Hugo Chavez certainly meets many of the criteria listed. A fascist?

So what is the passing grade for being a fascist? How many of the 14 to you have fulfill before you make it?

See? The “list” is worthless. Besides, fascism doesn’t start with the concentration camps and the jack boots in the middle of the night. No one gets elected advocating that.

karl9000 on September 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I have serious separation of church and state issues with this video. “Red and yellow, black and white, all are precious equal in his sight. . . ” Where have I heard THAT before?

smellthecoffee on September 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM

creepy. But what else is new.

seesalrun on September 23, 2009 at 8:44 PM

As a wise Latinio with rich life experiences I just saw this and I must say I gave my 10 year old boy the right to walk out of his classroom if his teacher pulled a stunt like this. What the hell is wrong with you people? HTF did this SOB get elected President? That speech at the UN today. My God, he nearly throw away all the sacrifice of our war dead going all the way back to the American Revolution. What an arrogant ass. The world is a dark place without a strong America. The arrogant ass is doing all he can to put out the lights.

bigtexmex on September 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Once again, to those who aren’t paying attention:

THIS IS WHY WE HOMESCHOOL! PERIOD. FULL STOP.

shawk on September 23, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I cannot bring myself to watch this.

vcferlita on September 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM

a tough-talking troll !! Anybody scared yet? You excrete yourself onto this blog several times a week, like a bowel movement, calling us names individually and collectively–yet someone calling Your Hero a fascist bothers you.

yes, troll fascism is ‘a serious word’. What an insight. What Obama is doing is not a word but actual deeds. and gee, that’s serious, too.

Keep think you;re smarter than anyone here–you’re not. You’re a half-educated pervert who exposes himself every time it posts

creep….

Janos Hunyadi on September 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM

oh my.

Buttercup on September 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I assume you can provide links to various comments you’ve left-wing websites, showing you made comparable statements about people claiming Bush was fascist?

Or is there, in fact, no reason for us to believe your sincerity?

malclave on September 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I will not click! And…

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Bleck!

tickleddragon on September 23, 2009 at 9:44 PM

This is the same crr6 who described the allegations in Ridge’s book that he “wondered” whether political considerations influenced White House requests to raise the terror level as “what Gobbels did.”

“What Goebbels did.”

And now he says calling Bush a “fascist” is ridiculous.

Sure, I believe that.

SteveMG on September 23, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I thought the video was very sweet. I too would like to know the teacher/school district to send them a card thanking them for supporting President Obama.

dcwvu on September 23, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Now I just threw up in my mouth.

Buttercup on September 23, 2009 at 10:48 PM

malclave on September 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I don’t post on liberal blogs. I’ve consistently said here that Bush was not a “fascist”, and that calling him a “fascist” is ridiculous. Here’s a post from when Bush was president…

Regardless you’re missing my larger point. It’s easy to take vague indicators of an extreme ideology, and then assign the entirety of that extreme ideology to a person. That’s what liberal idiots do with Bush (he is nationalistic, he hates intellectualsm, he is militaristic…so he’s a fascist!) and what idiots here do with Obama (he supporst a top marginal income-tax rate of 39.6% rather than 35%….so he’s a Marxist!).

crr6 on October 27, 2008 at 12:21 PM

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM

However many (not me) would argue that Bush encourages hyper-nationalism, scapegoats enemies to justify a reduction of civil liberties, and has a disdain for intellectuals, feminists and homosexuals, just like Fascist movements often do. Even if you accept these premises (which I don’t), does this mean that Bush is a “Fascist”? No. These people are simply using an emotion-laden word to smear him.

crr6 on June 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Another post from earlier in Bush’s second term…

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM

What cute little helpless acorns. And just in time for Fall.

Travis1 on September 23, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I don’t care who the politician is, schoolchildren should not be made to sing in praise of them. Blecccchhh. I now appreciate why my father raised me never to say “sir” or “ma’am” to anyone. I might be an opinionated Irish SOB, but neither I or my kids would ever stoop to such boot-licking.

evergreen on September 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Saw this here two weeks ago when a commenter linked to it. Very scary. Combine that with the video that the libs are forcing down our kids’ throats and it is an outrage. Parents: take your kids out of public school. Home school or send to Christian school. Otherwise your kids will have much different values than your own …and yes you have to pay for it.

Christian Conservative on September 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM

nobody cares what you think or posted, troll. You’re a liar and a freak and a sleazy POS who comes here to spew abuse and lie like a rug

Pathetic…..

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2009 at 12:15 AM

HITLER JUGEND

mooseburger on September 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM

HITLER JUGEND HITLER JUGEND

THE LAST TIME SOCIALISTS VOLUNTARILY TURNED PRAISING THEIR LEADER IN EUROPE WAS IN GERMANY 1930…

PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE ARE GREAT IN QUESTIONING AUTHORITY

BUT WHEN THEY START BLINDLY ADORING THEIR LEADER, THEY ALWAYS TURN INTO THE DARKEST OF THE DARK.

mooseburger on September 24, 2009 at 12:29 AM

BY THE WAY, I AM NOT SAYING THOSE CHILDREN ARE HITLER JUGEND

ALL I AM SAYING, MY OPINION, THE SIMULARITIES WITH EARLY STAGE HITLER JUGEND IS STRIKING

AND FRIGHTNING

mooseburger on September 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM

BY THE WAY, I AM NOT SAYING THE SIMILARITIES ARE STRIKING.

OR FRIGHTNING.

I AM JUST SAYING “HITLER JUGEND”, REPEATEDLY.

SO MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL.

HITLER JUGEND
HITLER JUGEND
HITLER JUGEND
DARKEST OF THE DARK

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Well, in fairness to our trolls, we could wait until the little darlings are all sporting their official ‘Green Scarves’ and armbands.

But I think it might be a bit too late at that point.

CPT. Charles on September 24, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Where are the red scarves?

badcrow on September 24, 2009 at 12:59 AM

badcrow on September 24, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Green is the new Red.

CPT. Charles on September 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I’m shocked and apalled that there are people out there who see this and are not outraged. The fact that this clear indoctrination of children is not universally condemned is a sad commentary on the values of our country. Our collective knowledge of recent history also seems to be degraded beyond repair…Disgraceful. It may be too late to fix this…

badcrow on September 24, 2009 at 1:08 AM

CPT. Charles on September 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Wow, I better watch out. I wear glasses!

badcrow on September 24, 2009 at 1:11 AM

CPT. Charles on September 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Wow, I better watch out. I wear glasses!

badcrow on September 24, 2009 at 1:11 AM

If this vid doesn’t scare the living crap out you then you must be a Lefty.

The perfect Litmus test.

Geochelone on September 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Obama’s speech to the school children of our Nation was totally, let me repeat totally, innocuous. Get a grip people, its only a cute song. /s

Geochelone on September 24, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Notice the two similar songs that are normally sang in churches:
Red, Yellow, Black, and White, they are all equal in his sight is usually sung to the King of Kings and not the king in his own mind
And then the theme to the Battle Hymn of the Republic

ConservativePartyNow on September 24, 2009 at 1:45 AM

This is one of the reasons why my wife and I send our daughter to private school.
We have to cut back on many social activities to afford it,but what is more important than your child getting a “real” education instead of being “indoctrinated”.

This crap reminds me of this incident:

Pledge of Allegiance Becomes Pledge to Obama

By Alan Gray, NewsBlaze

Thinking that the boy might be exaggerating, the man asked his son if he was sure, and suggested that by “large” he might mean an 8×10 photo of the president. The boy apparently said “No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done, the teacher turns off the image.”

In the image, President Obama appears to be staring straight out with no facial expression, just a serious look. All of the kids in each class faced the President, instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

How progressive!!!!!!!!!!

Baxter Greene on September 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I don’t post on liberal blogs.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM

So you won’t challenge your associates.. understood.

It’s all nice and all that you pretend to be reasonable here, though.

malclave on September 24, 2009 at 2:09 AM

This is all a lie
Go here to see how obama, the democrats and liberal hollywood celebrities really feel about america

I have had enough

veteranoutrage on September 24, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Glenn Beck, yesterday, did a segment on “Story of Stuff.” I thought that one would be more of a concern than the singing or the questionnaire. Or, at the very least, one would be as equally concerned.

Perhaps I’m behind the times and this is old news.

A father saw that show and asked his kids about it and was surprised that they had taken it for the past two years. I realize that this isn’t about Obama, but it is clearly about the leftist agenda that permeates the schools.

Here is the father and his 2 sons talking about the Story of Stuff.

Brass on September 24, 2009 at 2:31 AM

That disturbs me, it seems very creepy in a North Korean sorta way.

Alden Pyle on September 24, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Allahpundit: “Getting little kids to croon about how awesome the president is troubles me less than the pop quiz the boss posted, mainly because they’re too young to understand and/or assimilate the agenda they’re singing about (and way too young to vote, natch).”

Can’t wait to hear your kids crooning

“Deutschland, Deutschland, Über alles”,

you fool.

Lockstein13 on September 24, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Hitler Youth the Musical!

ohellno on September 24, 2009 at 7:42 AM

June 19, 2009 at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ

modifiedcontent on September 24, 2009 at 7:51 AM

bill30097 on September 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM

ohellno on September 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM

oops link didn’t show in previous post

bill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mapp7hwgRpA

ohellno on September 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM

crr6:

What passes for liberalism in America is socialism. Liberalism everywhere in the world means capitalism, rule of law, seperation of powers, etc.

Socialist Party of America presidential candidate Norman Thomas in 1948:

“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”

Fascism = socialism. Mussolini was editor-in-chief of the socialist party paper. Fascism was about establishing socialism through national unity. The older generation of socialists had been coopted by liberal democracy (“social democrats”). In Russia the revolution had turned into a civil war. Italy under Mussolini would try the strong man approach to implementing socialism. German national socialism followed that example.

Obama is exactly the same. After the failures of 1960s leftism it’s trying to push through the same agenda with a strong man, by all means necessary approach. It’s not full-blown nazism yet; we’re in Italy 1924/1925. But it absolutely is fascism.

modifiedcontent on September 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on September 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Well said.

Fascist is as Fascist does. What else would we call this gag order the federal government put on Humana this week? They literally stepped in and told these people that they can’t exercise their First Amendment rights with their customers.

In one example after another, we see the Obama administration exercising extraordinary control over private corporations in order to forward their political agenda.

Socialism and Fascism pretty much end up the same way. The only difference is the facade of private ownership. In a socialist system, the government owns the means of production. In a fascist system, the government CONTROLS private industry, like the brain that moves the body’s limbs. Really though, when you don’t have control over your own enterprise, doesn’t the government really have de facto ownership of it? It’s like having a not-so-silent partner who has controlling interest. It’s like having someone else’s brain installed in your body.

If GM decided tomorrow, “screw this tiny ObamaCar, let’s build us a big-ass gas-guzzler”, does anybody really think they’d be allowed to proceed?

Republicans typically don’t believe in a complete dearth of regulation. But good Republicans will LIMIT that regulation to only what is necessary to protect our country from actual harm… not imaginary harm, not ideological harm to political agendas, but as a response to REAL, clear and present, danger.

I think as more people begin to recognize fascism as something other than an hysterical epitaph, they’ll view things like this video, with children singing praise of Dear Leader, with new eyes.

Here’s a great post from DoctorZero in the Green Room a few weeks back:
The Eff Word

Murf76 on September 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM

malclave on September 24, 2009 at 2:09 AM

So because of the simple reason that I don’t post on liberal blogs, it’s impossible for me to make my point? Despite of the fact that I dug up 2 posts from while Bush was president where I clearly said he wasn’t fascist, and calling him fascist is stupid?

Buzz off, I’ve already given you more attention than you deserve, scum. You traffic in the fascist garbage, I never have, as I’ve indicated. Clearly you can’t grasp the idea that people may be less unhinged than you. Pathetic.

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Don’t these kidshave parents?! Are all the parents Commie Obama sycophants?

Jeff from WI on September 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM

“Education is a weapon,whose effect depends on who
holds it in his hands andat whom it is aimed.” – Josef Stalin

“Give me four years to teach the children and
the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

“When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already. . . . What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.” – Adolf Hitler

“Yes we are indoctrinating children from the first grade through college, every grade, private schools. The ideology of the revolution, the ideology of socialism – our ideology.” – Hugo Chavez

RadClown on September 24, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Cindy Munford on September 23, 2009 at 8:03 PM

They’re supposed to, but being liberals, they feel entitled to ignore such rules.

I don’t know if they still do, but back when my oldest was in grade school, Georgia had a law requiring the teaching of sex ed to grade schoolers, but they had an opt out. If a parent signed a form, the kid would go to the library while the rest of the class took sex ed.

One of my neighbors signed this form. She was quite shocked when her daughter got home, and started telling her all about the sex ed class she had just taken.
The neighbor went down to the school to try and find out what had happened.

The teacher told her flat out, that when the kids are at home, they belong to the parents, but when they are in school they belong to the school, and the teachers will decide what is best for them.

By the next year, about half of our neighborhood was home schooling.

MarkTheGreat on September 24, 2009 at 8:52 AM

A commercial for home schooling.

RobCon on September 24, 2009 at 8:55 AM

What rock do you live under? Have you seen school textbooks lately? Did you by chance catch the recently aired Fox News special that Tucker Carlson hosted? Did you miss this?

Of course today’s school children are being politically indoctrinated. Any halfway decent conservative blogger realizes that, but then again you’re a liberal…

2Brave2Bscared on September 24, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I’m calling out every conservative here who still sends their kids to these government indoctrination centers. PULL YOUR KIDS OUT!

Not only are these schools failing to teach kids the basics (reading, writing & arithmetic); not only are they indoctrinating impressionable minds with liberalism and anti-American propaganda, both implicitly and explicitly; but also the entire institution itself is unconstitutional.

I don’t care what your situation is, if you are conservative you need to get your kids the hell out of these schools.

Destroy the Department of Education.

2Brave2Bscared on September 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM