Video: Children sing songs of Obama’s glory

posted at 5:57 pm on September 23, 2009 by Allahpundit

No word on where or when this was shot but it was posted to YouTube just two days before The One’s speech to students, which makes me wonder if it was part of some school’s festivities for the screening. I think parents’ fears about their kids being politically indoctrinated are usually overblown, but I’m open to persuasion by compelling evidence — like, for example, this, or the vid you’re about to see. Getting little kids to croon about how awesome the president is troubles me less than the pop quiz the boss posted, mainly because they’re too young to understand and/or assimilate the agenda they’re singing about (and way too young to vote, natch). But Guy Benson got my atheist ire up when he noted that one of the lines about The One here, heard near the beginning from the kid who’s singing solo, is an adaptation from a hymn about how much Jesus loves the little children. Which makes this an extreme example of what the boss was so worried about vis-a-vis Obama’s speech: Not that he’d say something nutty or overtly political to kids but that some of his more devout cultists in the teaching ranks would take the speech as a license to push the political envelope in the classroom. And here we are.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

You traffic in the fascist garbage, I never have, as I’ve indicated

The Bush Administation, you stated numerous times, “did what Goebbels did.”

And now you claim you never employed the Bush was a fascist garbage.

You have zero credibility.

The Obama is a fascist/marxist (whatever) nonsense is garbage and the folks here who use it are, in my view, deeply wrong.

Just as wrong as you and your leftwing friends were when they use the Bush is a fascist nonsense.

SteveMG on September 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I don’t have time to read all the comments, but did the teacher who posted this video get the parents’ permission first and did the parents know that their children would be singing this song?

Beaglemom on September 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM

You people are such hypocrites. Nobody ever complained when schoolchildren were taught to sing carols praising Reagan and Bush.

Travis Bickle on September 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

I thought that religion was not allowed in public schools.

JakeRightThought on September 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM

We reached this pathetic point in our country’s history because of something called “Ideological Subversion”.

An ex-KGB agent did a series of lectures/interviews in the 1980′s explaining how Communists planned to infiltrate America. As he says, they succeeded beyong their wildest dreams.

Search youtube for: How To Brainwash A Nation Yuri Bezmenov

Google: American Thinker From Russia With No Love

We did not get to this point by accident, it was by design.

painesright on September 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Of course not — because it never happened.

Crawford on September 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I think this is extremely alarming. I found several similar videos at YouTube.

The fact that our friend and fellow patriot, Michelle Malkin, has discovered that this setting was in a public school makes me even more furious that this is happening in our country.

There is so much happening in the U.S. today and it’s coming at us all at once, or so it seems. Much of it deserves closer scrutiny by our officials in Congress, and I understand that these events and issues need to be prioritized. This is one that needs to go to the top of the list. This is clearly indoctrination of the younger generation and someday they will determine the future outcome of our country. It’s frightening!

metroryder on September 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Indoctrination is an ugly thing to watch. This video is a reason for parents to get involved and to make Civics a core curriculum and a requirement for graduation from High School.

MSGTAS on September 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Someone should make a youtube video, showing German children indoctrination scenes but with the Obama rap as the audio.

Stomach turning, this is.

Darksean on September 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM

So, when does the album come out?

Lil’ Socialists: Anthems to Dear Leader… splice in audio of Michael Moore reading a children’s book about the forces of good defeating the evil capitalists… should be a big hit.

evergreen on September 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Can we have these kids sing “Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye!” on January 20, 2012, to Bammy and Mammy, as they’re standing on the curb, clutching their suitcases?

NoDonkey on September 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM

The left in this country reminds me so much
of the nazi propaganda machine.

veteranoutrage on September 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Travis Bickle on September 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Put up or shut up! I was a kid in the 80′s. Unless you were in political science, politics was not discussed. You show me an example of that and I will condemn it as well but if you cannot show us, then shut up. Truth and facts are a stubborn thing…………

sargentj on September 24, 2009 at 11:24 AM

hey, they did it is on youtube!

Stomach turning, this is.

Darksean on September 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM

sargentj on September 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Great. I think we assume the worst in each other a bit too much.

crr6 on September 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

We do. Nothing good comes of it.

This teacher, on the other hand, deserves more than a rap on the knuckles and a Sternly Worded Note.

Political indoctrination in the classroom in grade school is sleazy. I don’t mind it in college, assuming it’s relevant to the course being taught, but by then people are ready for arguments of that nature.

TheUnrepentantGeek on September 24, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Idolatry and Facism. That Principal and the teacher should both be canned…but they won’t.

kingsjester on September 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Yeah but notice what annoys Allah:

So he did find a way to bash Christians. Guess he couldn’t link it to Palin or Beck. Knew it!!

Haunches on September 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM

no nation should be forced to accept the tyranny of another nation, no individual should be forced to accept the tyranny of their own government.”
~Barak Hussein Obama

Hmmmmm….let me look up the definition of irony just to be sure, but….yea….this is it

Goodeye_Closed on September 24, 2009 at 11:41 AM

You’re oh so condescending
Your gall is never-ending,
We don’t want nothin’, not a thing from you!

Your life is trite and jaded,
Boring and confiscated,
If that’s your best, your best won’t do!

We’re right(Yeah!)
We’re free(Yeah!)
We’ll fight(Yeah!)
You’ll see!

We’re not gonna take it!
No, we ain’t gonna take it!
We’re not gonna take it anymore!

ZK on September 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM

kingsjester on September 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Exactly.

This is child abuse. The teacher and school principal should be fired. Period.

BottomLine5 on September 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Charisse is also the author of “I Am Barack Obama“, a book all about our ‘dear leader’.

A reading of her book was done by Sterling Speirn, President of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation on June 6, 2009. He talks about author Charisse Carney-Nunes and reads I Am Barack Obama at the National Press Club before 200 leading educators.

sherryande on September 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Like the beat, good melody, I’d give it a 724.

profitsbeard on September 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Charisse also wrote “Nappy,” a bedtime favorite of Don Imus.

NebCon on September 24, 2009 at 11:54 AM

This is an elementary school in Burlington, New Jersey. Why am I NOT surprised?

NJ Red on September 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM

This makes me even angrier when I remember how many schools wouldn’t even hang Pres. Bush’s picture up in the school.

SGinNC on September 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Travis Bickle on September 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Huh? No one made my kids sing a song about a president. Bush, Clinton, no president. This adoration crap is getting out of hand.

FireBlogger on September 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM

SteveMG on September 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I have zero credibility? I’ve been making the same argument I made here for years, and I linked to posts from last year when Bush was president. How’s that for credibility?

As for your allegations, link to the thread, or stfu. I don’t remember the exact context, but I never said Bush himself is fascist, and I think I was making the Goebbels point more as a goof on the constant fascist nonsense you guys spew.

You’re the one with no credibility. You have ample opportunity to call out friends here on the fascist crap. You don’t.

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Ick! This is why my children attend private school. It’s expensive and has definitely cramped our previous lifestyle, but it is not nearly as expensive as the socialist/revisionist brainwashing they would receive in public school.
Twenty years from now we are going to be a nation of drooling idiots that can only compete with third world countries.

ExcessivelyDiverted on September 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I see God is allowed back in our schools.

Buttercup on September 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM

ZK on September 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM

+ 10

ExcessivelyDiverted on September 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Also, SteveMG, considering you allege I said that “numerous times”, you should be able to dig up “numerous posts” correct? Numerous posts where I say that Bush is a fascist. I offered 2 already where I said he wasn’t, from 2 different threads, while he was president. I’ll be patiently, if skeptically awaiting your reply. After all, you don’t exactly have much credibility on the issue.

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM

NJ Red

As an overtaxed (especially on the school portion of the property taxes) resident of NJ, I am really tempted to email the school district and complain about the song and the fact that these kids’ faces were plastered all over You tube where any sicko can see and target them.

Beaglemom on September 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM

They kept saying Rush was wrong during the election. Ha! Even Rush didn’t predict how bad this Marxist scum bag would be! Bush now looks like a saint.

Cinday Blackburn on September 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Crr6:

What do you consider yourself to be?

Socialist? Statist? Progressive?

Chainsaw56 on September 24, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Because children weren’t taught that. If anything, their NEA thugs demonized Reagan and Bush to them.

Actually, the school district is trying to demonize whoever put the video out, calling it unauthorized. In effect, they’re standing behind this tactic, which is right out of North Korea or Nazi Germany.

pdigaudio on September 24, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I see God is allowed back in our schools.

After He was redefined as Barack Hussein Obama.

pdigaudio on September 24, 2009 at 12:45 PM

What do you consider yourself to be?

Socialist? Statist? Progressive?

Chainsaw56 on September 24, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Labels aren’t particularly useful, and they change so quickly that if I define myself a certain way today, it will be meaningless next week. “Liberal” is a good start though. I believe in individual rights. I believe that the government can and has solved problem, but the government can’t solve every problem.

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM

solved problems*

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM

“Liberal” is a good start though. I believe in individual rights. I believe that the government can and has solved problems, but the government can’t solve every problem.
crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM

So you believe in individual rights.

Do you support Obamacare – the nationalization of 18% of the economy? Cap and tax? The takeover of the banks, car companies?

What about the Bill of rights?

Chainsaw56 on September 24, 2009 at 1:03 PM

ExcessivelyDiverted on September 24, 2009

Idiocracy

….and I agree. in fact it seems like we are already there.

Goodeye_Closed on September 24, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I think Mr. Bickle forgot his /sarc tag.

Mary in LA on September 24, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Any “problem” the government solves costs vastly more dollars than it ever should.

The government needs to be as limited as possible, in order to effectively and efficiently do what ONLY government can do.

Otherwise, they can’t focus properly, they become too large, unwieldy, corrupt and unable to do anything of worth. Like what we have now.

If you believe in a government that truly serves the people, you should believe in limited government.

NoDonkey on September 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I think Mr. Bickle forgot his /sarc tag.

If he did, he’s gonna get hammered in the rest of the thread, since it’s impossible to pick up sarcasm through words on a screen unless you already know the commenter beforehand.

pdigaudio on September 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM

solved problems*

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Has it not occurred to you that in granting government the power to solve problems you also grant them additional power to create them? Do you think it solves more problems than it creates? At what level – national, state, or local?

TheUnrepentantGeek on September 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM

HEY ALLAH UPDATE:

The school district says it was produced as part of Black History Month but wasn’t supposed to be recorded or released.

No apology, no admission this was wrong and no sign that the people responsible will be censured

But the principal once went by a church so you can bash her on those grounds.

Haunches on September 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I assume this is a public school also – another example of our tax dollars at work. And where the NEA (national endowment of the arts) propaganda doesn’t succeed in using our popular culture to brain wash our young and gullible, why not use our elementary schools to do their dirty work. Creepy is an understatement where this video is concerned.

mozalf on September 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Everybody keeps talking about a few small lines of these (2) songs. I was stunned to see the actual full lyrics, it’s even worse than I could have imagined…..

Song 1:
Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say “hooray!”

Hooray, Mr. President! You’re number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country’s economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we’re really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue —- Mr. President we know you’ll do the trick
So here’s a hearty hip-hooray —-

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

PatriotRider on September 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Very catchy tune.

Decider on September 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I would expect this type of indoctrination in North Korea or Venezuela…not in America.
What the hell is this teacher drinking? (Rhetorical question of course.) Oh Yeah…! Tastes great, can’t wait!
I used to think that the dumbing down of America was some conspiracy theorists dream…now? Not so much.

Army Brat on September 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I’ve also seen you troll plenty of times, insulting conservatives.

I can’t recall ever seeing you call out specific liberals.

So, yeah, two nonspecific comments where you pretend to be reasonable, as compared to how many insulting posts? Why should we believe you, again?

malclave on September 24, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I have NEVER had soooo many WTF! moments in my life as I have in the last 8 months of the Obama administration.

silenced majority on September 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM

catchy!

tlynch001 on September 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Crr6,

I’ve spent a bit of time doing searches (and random review) of your comments over the past of years as they relate to “fascism”, and have come to the conclusion that I was wrong in this matter. You do appear to have consistently opposed both the Bush-as-fascist and Obama-as-fascist comments.

I apologize.

malclave on September 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM

That sounds like you are a conservative – I don’t think you’re admitting to everything you believe in.

I’m betting you also believe in a little redistribution of wealth no? I’m betting that you’re not too hot about the Second Amendment – and only really stand with the First amendment when it’s applied to a Liberal’s free speech.

Come on … you can admit. ;)

HondaV65 on September 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Mary in LA on September 24, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I didn’t think a sarc tag was necessary, as ant semi-sentient person would know that the very idea of teaching children a song that praises a conservative or Republican politician would have prompted strikes, riots and demonstrations among public schoolteachers and bilious outrage in the media. But when the Obamabots do it for their Messiah, the crickets chirp.

I guess the good news is that religion is now allowed back in schools.

Travis Bickle on September 24, 2009 at 5:18 PM

One more fascistic tendency of Obama – his administrations collusion with the NEA to generate propaganda. That’s right – we paid for Obama to market and push his agenda.

One other thing about Obama being fascistic and why I think some (including me) are apt to see this tendency in him: he claimed time and again during the campaign (and continues to to) that he would run a transparent government never seen before, that lobbyists would be thrown down from the mountain of government and would absolutely have no place in his administration and any policy up for vote/consideration would be posted at least 5 days before enacting them into law and that he would welcome debate and that he would reverse all the supposed liberty destroying policies of the evil Bush era.

Well, he’s anything but transparent, how many times have you heard Obama say “The time for debate is over” right about the time debate starts, how many lobbyists got exceptions to work in his administration, how many back room deals has he struck (big pharma), and how many of Bushes supposed excesses of executive power and evil policy towards Gitmo and surveillance has he kept? He is not who he portrays himself to be and this makes me more skeptical of everything he does.

gwelf on September 24, 2009 at 5:18 PM

To continue…

How many times has Obama demanded that “We’ve got to enact a policy now! This is a crisis!”.

Obama campaigned and won saying basically 2 things: (1) I’m going to transform government to be more responsive and able, and (2) I’m going to be transparent and open and inclusive of all viewpoints and govern in a way my predecessors haven’t and ensure corruption no longer drives the agenda.

So when it’s clear he totally lied about being transparent and committed to fighting corruption and inclusive of all viewpoints we’re left with the promise to transform our government and see he is indeed expanding the role of government in our lives – including trying to take over 1/5th of the economy and some of the most personal decisions we make as citizens via healthcare and insurance.

gwelf on September 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM

OK so I lied, like Obama does on a 24/7 basis, but let me say this about these slaves…THEY GET TO BECOME SLAVES TO THE FASCIST GOVERNMENT AND GET TO USE WEAPONS LIKE THE ONE IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEO!

And don’t NOBODY TELL ME you show sympathy for these cops and not for the so-called anarchists you see in these protest march videos…SOME OF THEM ARE PAID STOOGES BY FOREIGN BANKS WHO RUN THE GOVERNMENT!

BobAnthony on September 24, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Fire that teacher.

capitalist piglet on September 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM

malclave on September 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the apology. Like I said to UnrepentantGeek earlier in the thread, I think we assume the worst in each other too much.

crr6 on September 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM

So history repeats itself. This is definitely going to get worse before it gets better.

ronnyraygun on September 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM

“He said black, yellow, red or white,
will all be taxed with all his might.
Mmm, Mmm, Mmm,
Barack Hussein 0bama!”

…Well, maybe not the first three.

Lou Budvis on September 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Very catchy tune.

Decider on September 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Cole Porter wouldn’t be losing any sleep over it.

SagebrushPuppet on September 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Did/ is the teacher that came up with this intentionally trying to mimic other historical “blank youth” indoctrination or did she come up with this stupid idea all on her own.

The fact that she is a HARVARD grad weighs to the intentional side but we shouldn’t just reject the notion she could be an idiot.

DSchoen on September 24, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Very catchy tune.

Decider on September 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I had to sing “This is the song that never ends. And it goes on and on my friend…” out loud to get this one out of my head. I guess that’s the point. All they need to do now is bounce up and down like they do in a madrassa while reading the Koran, to get the full effect.

NightmareOnKStreet on September 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM

“Politicians’ Relentless Exploitation of Children Ruled to Violate Child Labor Laws” http://optoons.blogspot.com/2009/09/politicians-relentless-exploitation-of.html

Mervis Winter on September 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM

And the sick twisted b***h that wrote the stupid song said she would do it again. I’m not going to say what I think her punishment should be.

ronnyraygun on September 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm Barrack Hussein Obama. It was disturbing but funny. I like how the kids were dancing and some of them were chanting outside of the chorus. One of them was probably saying, “blah blah blah blah blah.” That being said, this lady needs to find better skills in lyrics and music. That was awful.

NathanG on September 26, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Here is the school’s website

Here is the contact information for the school.

Contact them. Complain. Demand that they resign. Be polite but be forceful. Remember, demand that they resign.

pabarge on September 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM