Video: Scarborough goes after Glenn Beck

posted at 6:26 pm on September 22, 2009 by Allahpundit

A choice cut of red meat to unite the tribes after last night’s civil war over Beck and Levin. Sneer at Scarborough if you like but all he’s doing in calling out people like Romney is anticipating a future media strategy against the GOP’s presidential contenders — i.e. amassing the kookiest or most incendiary stuff that Beck’s said and then putting them on the spot by asking them to denounce it. (Democrats are never asked to denounce Olbermann’s crap, of course, although that may be because no one watches Olbermann.) It’s the same shtick they pulled with Republican congressional leaders earlier this year vis-a-vis Limbaugh’s “I want him to fail” comment, but they’ll adapt it to GB going forward because (a) his exploding TV ratings make him a bigger media story than Rush, (b) he’s a richer vein than Rush for oddball material that can be used against the GOP, like that weird analysis of communist symbolism at 30 Rock from a few weeks ago, and (c) by hammering Beck they get to take a shot at Fox too. Why all Republicans should be asked to distance themselves from a guy who’s neither conservative nor Republican himself, nor even sure that he’d have voted for John McCain over Hillary Clinton, isn’t clear to me, but we’re talking politics here, not logic.

You won’t be surprised to hear that Matthews was pushing this same meme on “Hardball” tonight, replacing the call for “grown-ups” to denounce Beck with a call to denounce talk radio more generally. Say what you will about MSNBC but they know how to hit a talking point.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Ya know, I’ve been a big fan of your comments for a long time, but this one leaves me clueless. Beck is out to seek and destroy the 0-Bots assault on liberty, imv. What otherwise did you have in mind, may I ask?

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Commenters on Hot Air started calling “Larry” because they couldn’t be sure I’m being truthful about being a female because I wasn’t a Glenn Beck fan…and it wasn’t just one commenter.

terryannonline on September 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Seems to me if I was running CNN I might start asking democrats to stand up with Glen Beck in his attacks on Bush and the Republicans!

But then, if I were running a cable news channel, I would be making all kinds of cash. heh heh …

Freddy on September 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Freddy on September 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Good point. Glenn Beck seems to really dislike Republicans. I’m surprised the lib media isn’t all over that.

terryannonline on September 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Michelle Malkin, where are you? I would love to hear your opinion on this mess that Allah and Levin are enjoying. It really seems so sinister.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:06 PM

terryannonline on September 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM

When first I noticed your comments here at HA, I went to your website to check out your bona fides.

I’m still with you, but still clueless on that comment. There’s probably something earlier in this threat that I missed.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:06 PM

For me, the whole thing comes down to the fact that McCain would make a better Commander in Chief than Obama ever could..and yet here we have Glenn Beck acting as if that role is nonexistent, does not even matter. Why he would vote for Hillary before McCain…war? what war?

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Who told Mika to shut up?

Did Beck do that or some MSNBC guy?

Sapwolf on September 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM

It was hilarious.

mizflame98 on September 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Hey, didnt McCain pretty much endorse Obama for President?

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Mika looks like she needs to go to the bathroom.

I_C on September 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I for one hope she’s out hiking and doesn’t know about this…

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM

mobydutch:

I don’t think Levin is enjoying this all that much..and it was Glenn that set this ball rolling.

BTW, I think we give him too much credit. Gateway deserves the credit for going after Van Jones, he has been forgotten because Beck stole all the glory. And it was Breitbart who should get the credit for going after ACORN…and there is no way I am going to give the credit for that march to Beck.

Fox could have shown those videos on their regular news, or Hannity would have been happy to go with that stuff as well.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM

terryannonline on September 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

As you know, lib media would be all over that, if they thought for a moment there were any credibility to it. They’d play it like a fiddle. Over and over again.

Trouble is, there’s no credibility to it. That’s why they don’t. Simple as that.

Forget it.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Yeah, you are right jerrytbg. She has done more than her fair share for the cause of liberty by exposing corruption. I still value her opinion.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM

mobydutch:

No, McCain did not endorse Obama. And as far as that is concerned, how call all those people out there who were livid with McCain for not calling Obama a terrorist or whatever suck up to Glenn after he says Obama would have been the better president?

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Joe’s a whiny jerkoff and he holds a higher opinion of Joe than anyone else on earth does. His show sucks, and it belongs on MSNBC, if only because it so completely sucks that the ratings don’t stand out as absurd.

The only reason I can make it through 30 seconds of that preening, self-important melodrama is that Mika B stayed on camera the whole time sort of squirming and stretching in her green sweater. Yum.

Hey, Joe, any thoughts on Zbiggy’s theory of air space defense in Iraq? You effing clown.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I’m sorry…did I say that out loud?

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM

ummm…seams I’ve been somewnat vinditated…thanks…
even if you don’t know what I’mtalking about.

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Like him or not Beck has helped put team hope and change on the defensive. Beck and Brietbart have brought down ACORN. Beck almost single handedly brought down Van Jones.

What does he get for that. Flak. Not just from the lefties. But also from Conservatives who just don’t seem to care that our Nation is being run by economic idiots.

jpmn on September 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Care to elaborate?

Aristotle on September 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM

It’s all in the full Couric interview, which is on the cbs news website now.

I_C on September 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM

terryanonline:

Beck does hate Republicans, he wants to run the show or wreck the show, I don’t think he much cares which it is either.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Levin has been squawking long before the tapes, and I think Breitbart was very pleased with Glenns presentation of the videos. Glenn did a great job, and he did not go around tooting his horn claiming that he was the great one.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM

jpmn:

ACORN was in trouble anyway. It was under investigation in 15 states before Beck ever put anything on his show. Beck likes the Obama administration because they are such a target rich environment, a real gold mine. I don’t doubt he would like to see them stick around a long time.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Glenn has never said he hated Republicans. If we ever get the ball back in our court, we better act like Americans and not just a party organization.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:19 PM

mobydutch:

So what? If Beck is just going to crap on Republicans and conservatives all this does is make him look all Independent. In the end he will keep undermining Republicans and that is good news for the Democrats. So they lose ACORN and a few czars, that is nothing to them. They will just keep coming back.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Me too. Me macho pig. Brains make better sex, any day. Trouble is, her brains are twisted backwards. Runs in family.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

mobydutch:

I heard Glenn Beck say that no one should vote for Republicans. I heard him say Bush should be impeached. I heard him call Teddy Roosevelt a thug. I heard him say both parties were worthless. I have never heard him say one good thing about any Republican, that was not dead, and even the dead do not fare well.

And btw, when Beck says he would vote for Hillary instead of McCain, the obvious point is that McCain is the Republican, not Hillary or Obama. And Palin is a Republican too. So when McCain lost, she lost too.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Pardon me, I dont think that Glenn Beck was crapping on conservatives. Many of us, who have worked with the tea parties and the march on Washington were very grateful for Glenns positive support. And we are CONSERVATIVES.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Scarborough has zero room to talk, I cannot remember the last time he had anything good to say about Republicans… started trashing Bush after Katrina and didn’t let up.

Rapunzel on September 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Beck is a Conservative leaning Libertarian. Sometimes he leans more to Conservatism, sometimes he leans more to Libertarianism.

Hellrider on September 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Nonsense. He’s a populist who leans toward conspiracy theories and self-aggrandizement.

When he’s right, I’m surprised, but it does happen. But that’s true of anyone who isn’t a liberal. There are only so many positions which are the opposite of liberal.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM

mobydutch:

Glenn Beck is not a conservative, he is a populist libertarian. He does not support the war, so far as I know, and I know he does not support the Patriot Act. That whole national security thing is just not important to him.

And while you might be grateful to Glenn Beck for saying that Obama would be a better president than McCain, I am not. I don’t see how any conservative could ever say such a thing.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Beck is moving in the right direction.

We need his endorsement for Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign.

He also endorsed the right to flag burning today so he’s getting better.

Spathi on September 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Wow!! It is amazing that Beck has had some very influencial Republicans on his radio and tv programs. Now, I will admit that McCain was not on his shows, but McCain also was never heard from on Limbaughs show either.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM

jpmn on September 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM

It wouldn’t shock me to learn if glen came up with the idea to call all those fine Americans “teabaggers”…
( I thought to put a smily face or use the sarc annotote)…nah…

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Jainbones:

Beck was not so much right, as he latched onto some people who were.

If in the future he thinks it works for him to do the same thing to someone like Sarah Palin, I do not doubt that he would. In a heart beat.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I like Glen Beck’s guest host better than Beck though.

Napolitano is really interesting to listen to. Fox should get rid of O’Reilly or Hannity and put him in his own time spot.

Spathi on September 22, 2009 at 10:28 PM

mobydutch:

Do you think that Limbaugh would ever say he would vote for Hillary? Do you think that Limbaugh would say we were better off with Obama?

I really doubt that. Limbaugh, unlike Beck, is a conservative. So is Levin.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I don’t give a flying f*@ck how GB labels himself, how others label him, what the particular definitions of those labels are, or whom he’s throwing under the bus. He’s hitting the nail on the head and is on the right track.

pfamis on September 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Again: ditto Sarah Palin!
+1,000,000

HAnthonyWayne on September 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Heres what McCain has supported= cap n trade, amnesty for all, you know, all of those marvericky things.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Spathi:

Ta DA! yes, indeedy. Let Beck endorse Ron Paul. That would really scare the bejeezus out of those liberals.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Beck craps on none of us. Beck fights for us. Beck craps on fascism. Beck, along with Rush and Breitbrat, are out best warriors. Honor them, if you can.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:31 PM

If they didn’t want us there, we would be out already. Also, how our soldiers stationed in Germnay in harm’s way?

terryannonline on September 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM

They really don’t want us there but they tolerate us because our government pays Germany to be there. Also, our troops contribute to the economy. The problem is we are the world’s police whether people like it or not. That means whenever feces hits the artificial wind device, it’s us that goes because we are strategically in place to take care of the mess. Also, by us being the world’s police, we have allowed other countries to invest a lot less of their budgets in their own military and thus rely on us to defend them since we are the strongest force.

mizflame98 on September 22, 2009 at 10:31 PM

mobydutch:

McCain does not support this cap and trade, he said it was a tax. McCain supported a gradual change over to nuclear power. He said himself that without nuclear power the whole thing was just a rip off and a tax.

Anyway, Beck says we are better off with Obama and Obama supports Waxman’s plan, so why complain?

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Glenn Beck can be very good. His interviews of David Horowitz, for example, were excellent. But at times, Glenn Beck says things which are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Saying McCain would have been worse that Obama is just nuts. McCain would have been an outstanding Commander in Chief — Obama is a dangerous incompetent on that score; and McCain’s conservative voting record this year reflects that we would have had the promised spending freeze with McCain and not multi-trillion dollar deficit spending and we would have had a conservative Supreme Court justice.

Phil Byler on September 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Trouble is, her brains are twisted backwards. Runs in family.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I can’t help it, frankly. And yes, her thought processes seem to all be broken. Part of me wonders if that’s a good thing…the pig part of me. I’d hit it like there’s no tomorrow.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM

mizflame:

If we are not the world’s socalled police, who will be? Someone will fill that vacuum and whoever it is, they won’t care about what is best for the United States.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM

You have spent very little time listening to Beck, and I have spent too much time listening to Levin, Terrye.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:35 PM

petefrt;

Speak for yourself. I know young men and women in the military and they are being sold down the river by the man Beck says is better than Obama. Remember them?

Beck fights for Beck and his ratings. I really do believe that. I do not trust the man.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Or rather, they are being sold down the river by Obama, the man Beck said was better than McCain.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:37 PM

There’s one topic beck won’t touch with any of your’s or mine…
Which tends to make me believe it’s all orchestrated ….

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM

mobydutch:

I have spent enough time listening to Beck to form an opinion. And I did not form that opinion because of what Levin said, that just reinforced it. I formed that opinion because of what I herd Beck say. Not just in this interview, but other times as well.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Joe is irrelevant. I don’t care what he thinks and neither do the majority of people with a brain.

Livefreeordie on September 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Lets see….. McCain said we were torturing the enemy, and he was firmly against waterboarding which probably saved many lives.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM

mobydutch:

Beck did not support the Patriot Act, which we know saved many lives.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:41 PM

mizflame:

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM

You know, when I joined the military, this is what I swore to:

“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

There is nothing in there that stated I swore to be the World’s police or defend another country’s constitution. That is the job of their military. Because we have been the world’s police and in turn allowed our allies to become laxed in their own military defense, we are now in a position where we are ill prepared to deal with islamo-fascism.

mizflame98 on September 22, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I doubt you’ll deny the GOP has led itself into the present abyss because it abandoned conservatism. If you think about it, that’s some of what Back is saying.

Beck is driving toward a reaffirmation of Constitutional principles, not some renewed partisanship or third party movement.

But the first step in reaffirming Constitutional principles is fighting off the Constitutional encroachments of these present times. That is Beck. Beck will take us Constitutional, as we must go, if we’re to restore this land.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I’m sure all 17 of Morning Joe’s viewers were captivated by Joe’s commentary.

P.S. Glenn SAYS he’s not a Republican, not a Democrat, but an INDEPENDENT! So WTF is it about this “Republicans need to call him out” business?

MsUnderestimated on September 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Wow! There is a new post with Glenns interview. He did great.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I’d hit it like there’s no tomorrow.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Man after me own heart. I am macho pig-man. Beauty is good. And brains make better. Life is good.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM

O/T…but demonstrates how other, just as important facts, are being altered right before your eyes…
This one was caught, but how many haven’t been…

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Sorry all= Terrye and mobydutch were blog hogs tonight.

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Terrye,

Sure Acorn was being investigated, halfheartedly. They were also being funded at the Federal, State and Local levels. Things have CHANGED for Acorn since Beck put the videos exposing them on air.

Currently there are 3 posts critical of Beck on HOT AIR. Beck isn’t that big of a problem. We should be putting that kind of effort into Barney Frank, Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd, the Teamsters, SEIU or Soros.

jpmn on September 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Thanks for that, Terrye. Yer still one of my fav posters. We just disagree on this. But your view alerts me. I’ll keep an eye open, check to validate this, okay? Meanwhile, I think Glenn’s the best thing that’s happened to us since Rush Limbaugh…. and beyond that.. before Andrew Breitbart.

We have a new breed of warriors now, they’re suddenly taking new territory, and I think we need to support them.

petefrt on September 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Errrr- Let’s see RINO Joe has flamethrowers like Pat Buchanan and Zveg Brezinski on his lightly watched show regularly.

Pot – kettle – Black??

After October 5 when FOX Business starts airing IMUS the lights will dim even more for Joe.

iam7545 on September 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM

mobydutch on September 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Nah…you’re allowed to present your point of view…
freedom of Speech…use it while you still can…

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM

glenn has done more by accident for the conservative tea party movement today than joe has done since he left congress…joe is jealous of glenn & pissed that fox never picked him up…joe is right where he belongs with chris matthews and keith olberman.

FloridaMike on September 22, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I like Glen Beck’s guest host better than Beck though.

Spathi on September 22, 2009 at 10:28 PM

This would be Andrew Napolitano, the same Andrew Napolitano that did a simulcast show with the Grandfather of 9/11 Conspiracy Theories, “The Great Alex Jones” as Andrew Napolitano referred to him, and gave him a national platform to promote his Conspiracy Theory website?

You mean that Andrew Napolitano?

Why is FOX News courting the “Bush blew up the WTC” crowd?

bileduct on September 22, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Not just from the lefties. But also from Conservatives RINOs who just don’t seem to care that our Nation is being run by economic idiots.

jpmn on September 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM

FIFY. To whit the comments regarding Palin, I and many others knew McVain was bad for the conservatives. So bad that had they won, he would have dragged Palin down to his lowest common denominator – barring a premature passing of the torch. Just think how far back the conservative agenda would have been pushed back, ie amnesty for aliens, weaker borders, his insistance on bi-partisanship to the detriment of the constitution AND no doubt McVainCare — same as ObamaCare under the aegis of a republican bi-partisan plan.

I’m glad McVain failed. I’m glad Palin made her mark, and I bet when she got to know the real McVain, she’s probably relieved that they didn’t win. Else, how could she compromise herself and go to bat promoting McVain’s socially & economically liberal policies? Yeah, I know he’s fiscally conservative, but his grasp of economics is just a grade above Obama’s ebonics-math.

What she and GB have in common is calling out corrupt and business as usual RINOs. In classic Biblical fashion, she started at home and now spreads her message abroad. No one will ever regard Palin and McVain as two birds of a feather.

So back to Hillary. She wouldn’t have damaged us as fast as Obambi is doing now and if she tried, the protests wouldn’t be countered by charges of “sexism” as easily as hurling “RACIST”. However, she’d have a better chance of going for 2 terms with the conservatives languishing a while longer in the wilderness. Just as Dubya “redefined” the GOP, so would McVain and we’d be out there a lot longer.

Ultimately, Obambi didn’t so much as revive the conservatives as he woke the sleeping center-right & independents. Now it’s a race against time – to stop the Kenyan-American Marxist from destroying all that is exceptional about We The People.

AH_C on September 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

bileduct on September 22, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I remember an expression that speaks of a rigid mind shattering from the impact of a pin…
Can’t remember who said it…don’t mind me …I’m just babbling.

jerrytbg on September 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Beck was not so much right, as he latched onto some people who were.

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I’m not positive that I follow, but if you specifically mean “right about McCain”? I admit that I understand his point, I just don’t agree with it.

If you mean “right” in the more general sense, I think you should at least acknowledge that Beck is frequently right. Anyone who starts from the position that liberalism is a mental disorder is going to hit a lot of policy positions right on the nose, and I don’t deny him that.

I just don’t like him personally. I think he’s emotionally unstable and intellectually inconsistent.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Is The One a Racist?

This is from “Audacity of Hope”;
“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

From “Dreams”;
“The emotion between the races could never be pure,” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

“There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white”

Credit to Yahoo.com for question research.

Funny how the Demorons and MSNBC can’t read widely circulated autobiographies. And we will not even hope for other school documents from or by their hero. But cut them loose on a 20 year old master’s thesis by a Virginia gobernatorial candidate and there they go. We need to do a massive campaign to warn even liberals that the MSNBC bunch is not worth the TV electricity to watch.
Case Closed.

IlikedAUH2O on September 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Even though he voted for her, as he’s said repeatedly.

Again, not what he said. If you’re going to argue with him, use what he said, not some mangled version of it.

Pablo on September 23, 2009 at 5:16 AM

If any of you trust the Republicans, you are insane.
What if, instead of “McCain-Feingold”, it was the “Obama Campaign Reform Act”? Or if a President Obama simply signed such legislation? The right wing (including Beck) would have rightly said this was the end of the 1st Amendment.

Beck may have been saying “better to have an enemy you know that is (more or less) up front about what they want to do” than the GOP, which wants big government and power just as much as the Dems do, and they don’t care at all about the Constitution. Beck has made this clear many times, that he is not taking either side, but supporting the Constitution.

Finally, don’t be surprised if Obama *does* try and shut down real free speech by taking some action against Beck and/or talk radio. If you think they wouldn’t do so in a heartbeat if they could, you must believe that voting GOP in 2010 will bring fundamental “change”.

mitchmcc on September 23, 2009 at 5:31 AM

“You cannot call the President of the United States a racist”.

Really? Maybe I’m just a typical white person, acting as stupidly as the Cambridge Police Department when they responded to a reported B&E, but one Reverend Wright strikes me as a racist sonofabitch, and anyone who spends 20 years in his congregation has their head screwed on crooked. Oh yeah–Joe, when are you going to start an inquiry into the New Black Panthers who were intimidating white voters, and why the Justice Department dropped all charges against them? You know, Barack Obama’s Justice Department?

quikstrike98 on September 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Hmmmm…my posts don’t seem to be getting posted….

quikstrike98 on September 23, 2009 at 7:15 AM

If Scarborough had any scruples, he wouldn’t continue to work for a joke of a news organization. Were it not for the Internet and sites like this one, he would be ignored as he adds his voice to what Bob Dylan calls Idiot Wind.

RandyChandler on September 23, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Joe who?!? Sounds like a little professional jealousy here. PMSNBC is pretty much the standard for a joke anyway. The republicans need to rally and when confronted or challenged, just explain it away, talk conservative principles no matter what, and open people’s eyes – ramble on like the democrats do and stay on message. Even if it’s asking about Rush, Sean, Glen, etc. just push the message. The democrats bash Bush, Sarah Palin with every other breath they take even when talking about the weather.

mozalf on September 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Beck is good, Rush is good.
Tammy Bruce, Laura Ingraham, Michelle, John Gibson, Neal boortz, Sean Hannity, Monica Crowley, Mike Gallagher, Angela McGlowen, Dennis Prager, Bennet, Cunningham, Sliwa, Mancow, and Dennis Miller too.
Then there is the Great one Mark Levin.
I read what they author along with Ann Coulter and Thomas Sowell.
I also read anything that I hear them say that They read.
I see No conspiracy theories with any of these people.
Listen to them and act on what you learn or lose your country.
Simple huh?

mrcarter123 on September 23, 2009 at 8:01 AM

How the hell would Joe Scarborough know what’s bad for conservatism?

SuperCool on September 23, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Morning RINO should STFU and let Mika’s fake breasts garner whatever meager ratings they may.

BlueStateBilly on September 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM

but we’re talking politics Democrats here, not logic.

FIFY

MarkTheGreat on September 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Years ago I watched Joe Scarborough, now I put him in the same boat as Lawrence O’Donnell and the other loons on these comedy station.

bluegrass on September 23, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Don’t even pretend that Levin is not just pissed because people are listening to Glenn instead of he and Sean. Glenn passes Sean in ratings most nights now, and his books sell more than Levin and get more publicity. That my friends is the bottom line with them.

patriotparty1 on September 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Lay off Beck, dangummit! I’ve got my problems with Beck, but he is the only one out there willing to expose & circulate the copious amounts of evidence that Obama is a corrupt fraud that the msm ignored during the primary & GE. Joe & Levin obviously got the memo from the WH that Beck “has to be destroyed” because he is making Dear Leader look bad. Shame on them for kow-towing to Obama and shame on anyone else for buying the latest WH spin (i.e., that Obama isn’t the problem, Beck is! good grief!)

Dark Star on September 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Republican Candidate response: Beck is not a Republican nor does he claim to be. Next question.

mwbri on September 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Here is something equally plausible.

Liberals use Allahpundit as a rich source of material to use against the Conservative movement during the election cycle. The libs would use it to prove the point of how fractured the movement is, and how much fratricide takes place at the hands of a few malcontents and attention seekers.

Bleed_thelizard on September 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

By the way: Rockefeller, Jr. and benefactors of the founding of UN for the most part probably did not believe in our nation’s founding principles. With that said, the Rock Center and communist connections seemed stretched. He should comment on matters where the connections are rock solid (pardon the pun).

However, the artillery from supposed friends and the enemies on the outside is pure jealousy or arrogance of the media wondering who does this guy think he is. It is not the stretched connection between the Rock Center and communists; it is that Beck nailed Van Jones, the WH czars, and ACORN (with the indispensable help of O’Keefe and Giles).

mwbri on September 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Glenn Beck is bad for conservatism

Glenn Beck is not a conservative; he’s a libertarian or independent.

Socialists (=”liberals”): 30%
Real/classical liberals, libertarians, independents: 40%
Conservatives: 30%

As long as American politics is about conservatives vs liberals, the socialists are safe. We need to reframe the public debate to “liberty” vs socialism.

Conservatives brought us McCain. Conservatives bring us the birther nuts. Conservatives keep turning the debate back to social issues and immigration. Conservatives don’t understand economic issues. Conservatives are too scared or polite to use the s-word.

The holier-than-thou “conservative base” is the biggest obstacle to an effective opposition against the Obamacrats.

modifiedcontent on September 23, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I voted for McCain, but I’m beginning to appreciate the irony of the Obama presidency inspiring a grass-roots conservative movement that is beginning to move the American electorate more to the right. It would have been much better if our right-of-center-leaning country had been awake during the last election and had elected a right-of-center (i.e., conservative) politician to be President (not McCain), but I guess its part of how Americans are learning by their mistakes. Let’s hope that this current lesson will be well learned and heeded in future elections.

NuclearPhysicist on September 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM

No offense Hot Air, but why is anyone bothering commenting on MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC news etc. It’s not like a significant amount of people watch the dinosaur media, in fact I really can’t be bothered to even click on links like this one that comment on them. I only did so this time to make this point.

I think posting on them at this point in time gives them far more exposure and credibility than what they deserve.

jjrakman on September 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM

I <3 Glenn Beck.

bridgetown on September 23, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Anyone else wonder if the MSMrs use Johnson’s baby powder or Gold Bond medicated powder when those Obama knee pads begin to chafe?

Beam me UP!

Katfish on September 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM

what Glen Beck meant was-

“Obama is a better president for the conservative movement and John McCain would of destroyed the republican party”

Cause if we elected a democrat light to presidency then republican party will just become a democrat party without the wing nuts, the conservative movement would be dead, or not represented to say the least.

Obama is such a retard and a communist, that he will F up the country so bad that Republicans (hopefully conservative) will be able to take bout house, senate, and WH in 4 years. If McCain was president he would f up really bad and democrats would have a majority for the next 30 years cause of how shitty he would of been.

But Obama prob will win reelection cause he will magically make 30 million people and their families legal citizens and Texas will be a blue state.

Promise people others peoples money for votes, and you stay in power.

Donut on September 23, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Joe? the liberal light? the one who wrote a book on his version of conservatism?

shar61 on September 23, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM

If McCain doesn’t support cap and trade, why was he in favor of it just before the primary? Remember what was supposed to have been McCain-Lieberman? Still protecting that two faced jerk, eh teryee?

I have no problem with Beck hating Republicans. Most of them fall into the category of spineless, useless, or John McCain (backstabbing scumbag). I wish Beck had been around swinging that hammer over the last 8 years.
As far as Republicans responding to him, if they are smart, even if they don’t like what he’s saying, just minimize. ‘He’s a fox commenter; I don’t always agree with what he has to say, but he’s got every right to say it as a tax payer and a citizen.’ The problem is, the aforemention spineless, worthless backstabbing douchenozzle morons that we have representing us at Republicans are so eager to curry favor with the liberal media, that they jump right into attacking folks like Beck and Limbaugh. ‘Oh, he’s a crazy barking dog fasicist child molesting dirtbag! I hate him!’ They want to be seen as reasonable and moderate by the left (people who hate them) and so they attack their own; this in turn spurs on folks like Beck and Limbaugh and their supporters and you have a nice low level feud going that would keep the hatfields and mccoy’s busy for a decade.
Now what is supposed to happen with a family feud is we keep it amongst ourselves and we band together against outsiders. Well, that’s not happening either. It started with McCain, and it’s spread to that small blond planetoid that calls her self Meghan and to David Frum and many others; they spend more time attacking their own party and whining about getting closer to the opposition on pet issues. It’s a recipe for disaster. if Beck wants to hoot and holler about this, more power to him.

austinnelly on September 23, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Scarborough is just a CRYBABY!

joedoe on September 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Scarborough is jealous; no question about it. He’s a conservative sell-out and has been for a while now. I mean, come on… he still works for MSNBC.

Get over yourself, Joe, and stop being so jealous that Beck is having real impact as you wallow away in misery on your morning show.

Jockolantern on September 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Terrye on September 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Ah, another critic who is uninformed and obviously hasn’t been watching.

PaddyJ on September 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM