Krauthammer: Why isn’t Obama paying closer attention to Afghanistan?

posted at 9:05 pm on September 21, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop, a rhetorical question par excellence. Has there ever been a president less interested in foreign policy than The One? Does anyone, right or left, think he wouldn’t happily take a pass on international issues for four or eight years to concentrate on remaking America’s economy in his statist image? His Afghanistan posture was always transparently a sop to centrists, to prove that he was a “hawk” on some wars even though he was famously a dove on Iraq. Now he senses some public reluctance to invest further in the “good war” and suddenly he’s “skeptical” about more troops for the counterinsurgency strategy. Same with Iran: My hunch is that he’d happily go on tango-ing with them forever if it meant buying him enough time to pass ObamaCare and cap-and-trade. The irony is, if his domestic priorities go down in flames, his only chance for reelection might be some sort of impressive victory in foreign policy, be it Iranian disarmament or an Israeli/Palestinian peace plan. I wonder how much he’s willing to give up.

Here’s a few minutes of video from the March presser on Afghanistan referenced by Krauthammer lest you doubt Obama’s recent commitment to winning this fight.

Comments

Grey Goose?

high roller

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM

It’s not terribly overpriced for once a month. It’s the smoothest taste…not too bitter.

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

John the Libertarian on September 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM

It’s the smoothest taste…not too bitter.

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

you are a fun mommy!

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Diane – blatantblue – Milwife88 – Here’s Looking at you. Cheers and Thanks — I’m with ya on that .

wheels on September 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Vox is awesome
if no Vox then Kettle One
if you can’t afford either, then UV (matched 90 rating to Absolut at half the cost)

John the Libertarian on September 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I don’t drink liquor much

but when I do

It’s Ketel One

“stay thirsty, friends.”

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I’m still wondering how WaPo got a copy of McChrystal’s report.

Someone wanted to put Obama in a bad position.

And he sure is in it!

HondaV65 on September 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM

So Bush was faulted by the left (supposedly) for his so-called “stay-the-course” strategy. But, as any survival expert will tell you, stay-the-course beats wander-around-aimlessly every time.

notropis on September 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Vox is awesome
if no Vox then Kettle One

John the Libertarian on September 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Haven’t tried Vox.

Need to have Kettle One again…
What’s your issue with GGoose? :P

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM

What’s your issue with GGoose? :P

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I love the Goose! One of my faves.

But I’m just tossing out a few other brands to consider if you haven’t tried them. Vox is the best morning-after vodka I’ve ever had, if you catch my drift…

John the Libertarian on September 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I think Barry is distracted by the sound of all the ACORNS falling on the White House roof.

profitsbeard on September 21, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Acorns keep a fallin’ near my head
And just like the guy whose wife’s butt is to too big for his bed
Nothin’ seems to fit
Those acorns are a fallin’ near my head, they keep fallin’

So I just did me some talkin’ to Emanuel
And he said we’d just get conservative bloggers to give Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin some more Hell
Get others to do a diversion job
Those acorns are fallin’ near my head, they keep fallin’

But there’s one thing I know
The blues acorns send to meet me won’t defeat me
It won’t be long till Marxist happiness steps up to greet me

Acorns keep a fallin’ near my head
But that doesn’t mean the country will soon be turnin’ red
Losin’s not for me
‘Cause I’m never gonna stop the acorns by complainin’
Because I’m conscience free
They’ll just get the deep six from the MSM and Eric Holder and me

MB4 on September 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Deny troops in contact fire support assets that could save their lives.

ted c on September 21, 2009 at 9:38 PM

You know, the left spent a good three years saying the same thing about Bush and Iraq. I think it might be a better idea to save this sort of crap for documented cases of Presidential involvement. There are few things in life that Obama knows less about than warfare — economics, for instance — and I can say with some confidence that he isn’t directing policy on the ground in Afghanistan.

Or do you know better?

Jaibones on September 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Mr Incompetence is going down in flames on both counts!

Hahahahahaha!! Allah, you slay me! What a card! Have you thought about ‘stand-up comedy’ as a second job?

GarandFan on September 21, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Breaking! Obama names Jimmy Carter as Oval Office Stuff Czar!

ronsfi on September 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Drinking game… every time Obama says “So the point is…” swig!

(Gimlets till it gets cold out, then Pilsner Urquell or Pinot Noir till Spring.)

profitsbeard on September 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM

mmmm pilsner urquell

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Toss up between Jimmeh Cawtah and The One as to which is the more impotent and despicable. There ought to be a test for voters……

ultracon on September 21, 2009 at 10:27 PM

His preference for screwing up domestically would be just ducky if it didn’t leave the door wide open for foreign policy to kick us in our collective a$$es.

Cindy Munford on September 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM

mmmm pilsner urquell

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM

It is crisp and nutty!

Much like myself.

profitsbeard on September 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I love the straight faced, deadpan way Krauthammer drops jokes in there without so much as flinching. I bet he’s got a really dry sense of humor.

Sharke on September 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Wow! Krauthammer nails Obama on this clip. Obama is headed for the title of worst President in at least modern history and perhaps since the country’s inception.

Christian Conservative on September 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

He must have used the same template for the cool, new plan for Afghanistan as he did for the cool, new plan for Healthcare Reform (which never materialized).

Laughable, if it weren’t for the fact American lives are on the line in both cases.

Mutnodjmet on September 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM

notropis on September 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Exactly! Obama is a perpetual fence sitter. Surely he knows by now he can’t vote “present”…

TN Mom on September 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I tune in to read insightful comments on Krauthammer’s remarks and instead get dissertations on vodka as if I clicked on Vodka Pundit’s page. I used to rush home from work to read the excellent comments here. Now, not so much… Sad.

Big John on September 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Maybe a time clock in the Oval Office is needed??

KZnextzone on September 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Soon we’ll find out if there’s room for Afghanistan under the Obama Bus,
just words, just speeches all with an expiration date

The Pinnochio Presidente the worst President evah!

dhunter on September 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM

The One will be the worst President in US history, and it will take his successors a decade or so to recover any trust in US resolve in the foreign policy area.

thmsmgnm on September 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I wonder how much he’s willing to give up.

Everything in the country but his office, including anything that isn’t already his.

Blacksmith on September 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM

These bunch of lefties are so bad they’re starting to make McCain look good!

chickasaw42 on September 21, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Big John on September 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Settle down, Francis.

massrighty on September 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Tanqueray Sterling is the best Vodka imo…

PaulMorphy on September 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Big John on September 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Almost makes you want to….have a drink. :-)

I dunno. I like it when we got all nice and off topic. ‘Specially when it turns to booze.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Big John on September 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM

oh lordy

shut the f*ck up

whiners like you are increasingly obnoxious

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM

thmsmgnm on September 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I’d advise that we as a group don’t predict a “worst president evah” for Pres. Obamna. It ticked me off when the left would do it and I don’t think we need to do it. Case in point: Lincoln barely won re-election, was widely despised, was assassinated and BINGO! He get’s on the penny. While people probably thought he was the “worst president evah” we have come to see him as not only right in his beliefs, but also that he made the right choices at the time.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM

holy shi’ite

a thread goes off topic and people wine

go to the other 30 threads on the main page.

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM

whine*

got work on the brain

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM

BB always tells it like it is.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Freudian slip? Which goes to show that we are all belivers in “In vito veritas”. Or I guess it would be “In vito conservitas”.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

profitsbeard on September 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Small universe there my friend, but a good one. No Newcastle? No Guinness? No Bourbon?

Jaibones on September 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

lol!

blatantblue on September 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Jaibones on September 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I like Red Stripe and New Castle Brown the best. Budlight if I have to.

Some people here drink Make’s Mark and JW Blue (glare), I prefer good ole Jack.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM

HotAir. Come for the politics and get a drinking lesson for free. God bless America.

Mojave Mark on September 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Mojave Mark on September 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Well, you get an idea of what to serve at your conservative parties.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM

remaking America’s economy in his statist image?

Allah:
Does this mean you finally agree that remaking the entire U.S. economy is the end game? No wonder the heavens have opened up!

paulsur on September 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I.e. we tend to drink the most expensive stuff imaginable. Only imports and microbrews, baby. Oh and if you are thinking of serving something harder, it has to be sitting in a hand-made cask for at least 8 years.Otherwise, we won’t drink it.

P.S. Funny, esoteric named concoctions are a plus.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Obama stated he had a new plan back in Jan. 09:

Military Ready To Implement Obama’s Plans

Joint Chiefs Chairman Says Forces Are Ready To Shift From Iraq To Afghanistan

Obama, who has called Afghanistan an “urgent crisis,” said in a speech Oct. 22 that “it’s time to heed the call” from U.S. Gen. David McKiernan, commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan, for more U.S. troops.

“as soon as I take office, I will call in the Joint Chiefs of Staff, my national security apparatus, and we will start executing a plan that draws down our troops (in Iraq). Particularly in light of the problems that we’re having in Afghanistan, which has continued to worsen. We’ve got to shore up those efforts.”

Obama told Karzai that Afghanistan was a top priority and he repeatedly told the American people that he had a “smarter” plan than the previous administration to attack the “real” central front of terrorism.

So far he has mostly followed the military and many other leaders plan of initially bringing in about 20,000 troops and increasing the drone attacks.

Obama has kept in place most of Bush’s policies in fighting the war on terror while he constantly criticizes the previous administration.

Obama has changed the leadership there but has yet to address the American people as to what exactly is his new “smart power” strategy.

Obama rarely even mentioned the wars during his first few months in office except to criticize Bush or give the appearance he was making a major course change there.

Obama has stated repeatedly that we have to win in the Afghan/Pakistan theater or America will never be safe:

Obama’s remarks regarding the Afghanistan War while debating McCain in the 2008 Presidential election

We will kill bin Laden; we will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority.

I have not heard Obama hardly even mention Osama’s name much less talk about getting him.

All we heard 24/7 from liberals while Bush was President and during the election was “where’s Bin Ladin”.
“We will get Osama”.

Now liberals act like they don’t even know who he is.

[al Qaeda] are now operating in 60 countries. We have to go to the root cause, and that is in Afghanistan and Pakistan. That’s going to be critical.

So critical that Obama still does not have a coherent plan after years of telling everybody how much smarter they would be in dealing with “man made disasters”.

…every intelligence agency will acknowledge that al Qaeda is the greatest threat against the United States and that Secretary of Defense Gates acknowledged the central front — that the place where we have to deal with these folks is going to be in Afghanistan and in Pakistan.

Yes…the threat is so real that all Obama can do now is talk about “exit strategy” and “We still don’t have a decisive direction”.

Apparently “smart power” is nothing more than talking tough
but hoping nobody is really paying attention looking for actual results.

They are plotting to kill Americans right now. As Secretary Gates, the defense secretary, said, the war against terrorism began in that region and that’s where it will end.

I believe when Obama talked about “where it will end”, the public assumed he meant that he would actually defeat the threat like Bush and our military did in Iraq.

Now we know it meant to “surrender with style”.

Obama and the democratic party are so out to lunch on this war that their irresponsibility in backing up their “smart power” rhetoric boarders on criminal negligence.

We have men and women putting their lives on the line in fighting the “good war” in the “real central front of terrorism” with a commander and chief back home declaring a “new direction” one day then stating “we don’t have a clear direction” the next.

Obama the failed community organizer is in way over his head and it is starting to show in disastrous ways domestically and internationally.

Baxter Greene on September 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Baxter Greene on September 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Well said, sir.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM

OUCH! That is going to SMART!

GarandFan on September 21, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Baxter Greene on September 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Well said, sir.

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Thanks,

It is really starting to go beyond getting pissed about the President when his ineptness in office and total adherence to liberal ideology over what is best for America
puts so many people’s lives at risk while he yuks it up on late night television.

I cringe when I think what the American Soldier goes through while they are on the front lines watching the President threat the War on Terror like it is a “whose on first” skit with Pelosi and Reid.

Obama is a monumental disaster that needs a hard kick in the A$$ by our elected representatives on the Hill that are supposed to be in charge of the balance of power.

Baxter Greene on September 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Or was it all just another pack of lies from the Left?

coldwarrior on September 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM

TOTUS was never serious about winning in AFG – every statement he ever made about AFG during the campaign was preening political posturing. AFG was the club that he used to beat up on Iraq so he could still look hawkish (appeasing the squishy middle that he needed to get to 52%) and at the same time curry favor with the traitorous left. It was the cynical strategy of a heartless political hack who cared nothing for the service members who were fighting and dying in both theatres of war.
As much as I understand the strategic and symbolic value of holding the line in AFG, the night Obama won I knew he was going to f*ck the troops there and I sadly wondered if it would be better to get all our troops out ASAP. No service members should be asked to fight and die for this POS CinC who cares nothing for their struggle, their sacrifice or their honor. I listened to him blather on yesterday about having the “right strategy” – more posturing.

There are many reasons to distrust and dislike the Statist in Chief, but his disregard for our military is truly despicable.

muggedbyreality on September 21, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Generals: Mr. President, we need more troops or we’ll lose the whole thing.

Axelrod: But if we send more troops, our funding sources for 2010 will dry up.

Sec Of Def: Well, Mr. President, what should we do?

Obama: I vote ‘present.’

pearson on September 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Rightwingguy on September 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Nothing wrong with Maker’s Mark at all, imo. But I’m a bourbon slut — I’ll drink ’em all. Beam, Early Times, and certainly Woodford Reserve.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 12:13 AM

PS Buck Ofama.

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Obama is too busy being a celebrity. And like all celebrities, he is vapid. He could care less about revolution in Iran, the situation in Honduras.. etc. He doesn’t care because he isn’t proAmerican and being President is hard work.

He would rather go on 5 Sunday shows, Leno, Letterman and jet to NYC when he likes (except to honor 9/11)

Obama is a… JackASS.

James on September 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Jaibones on September 22, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Nothing wong with cheap and cheerful. ‘Specially with bourbon. You’ll always be cheerful, even when you are drinking cheap.

Rightwingguy on September 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Keep bringing it Charles. Another bullseye regarding P-BO being busy with an appearance on Letterman and speeches to schoolchildren while our soldiers are being shot at in Afghanistan.

Mallard T. Drake on September 22, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Best bourbon — Jim Beam hands down.. Weller is actually not a bad second, if you can find it.

A little ice and water….. oh yeah…

PaulMorphy on September 22, 2009 at 12:31 AM

muggedbyreality on September 21, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Exactly!!

It has done nothing but shoot bile to the back of my throat getting so angry over the last few weeks everytime Obama mentions Afghanistan/Iraq.
You know dam# good and well that the wars these democrats voted for and sent our men and women over to fight are nothing more than political talking points used day in and day out to help them try and gain a little more power or leverage.

Look what Obama had to say yesterday about the request for troop levels by McChrystal.

“The only reason I send a single young man or woman in uniform anywhere in the world is because I think it’s necessary to keep us safe,” the president said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
Obama on Face the Nation
Sept. 21,2009

Well genius, you stated in your Presidential debates just what was necessary in keeping America “safe”:

No. 3, we’ve got to deal with Pakistan, because al Qaeda and the Taliban have safe havens in Pakistan, across the border in the northwest regions, and although, you know, under George Bush, with the support of Senator McCain, we’ve been giving them $10 billion over the last seven years, they have not done what needs to be done to get rid of those safe havens.

And until we do, Americans here at home are not going to be safe.

These are Obama’s words….straight from Mr. Hope and Change’s mouth.

America will not be safe until Afghanistan and Pakistan are no longer safe havens for terrorism.

Obama just said on Face the Nation that the only reason he would send troops anywhere in the world is because it is necessary to keep us safe.

Our Generals are telling Obama that to fulfill “HIS” goal of what it is to keep America safe they will need about 40,000 troops.

So what is it going to be Mr. 57 states.

Actually attempt to stand by your word for once since you have been President or surrender to the jihadist so that you can concentrate on Socializing America and bowing down to your left wing base.

Baxter Greene on September 22, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I am beginning to think that, and correct if I am wrong, we have elected a mad man.

He’s not just malevolent and incompetent. He is mad as a hatter.

Dhuka on September 22, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Two points about Dr; Krauthammer’s observation

1. John the Libertarian posted here: “Krauthammer was far more devastating earlier in the day when he said flatly that Obama hasn’t responded to the report because he doesn’t have a clue what to do.”

Well, Krauthammer was talking about real war. But maybe you don’t remember that we were informed last year that Obama couldn’t figure out what to do in a classified congressional exercise that was a mere ‘war game.’

You may not remember that Kentucky Representative Geoff Davis said last April that he had participated in a highly classified nuclear war games meeting in which Obama had participated. Davis was quoted at that time thusly:
“I’m going to tell you something: That boy’s finger does not need to be on the button,” Davis said. “He could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country.”

The Obama campaign clearly saw the danger in this observation. So, as reported at the New York Times Caucus Page on April 14, 2008, Kate Phillips’ article quoted Obama’s campaign spokesman, Bill Burton as he pulled out the race card about Davis’s use of the word ‘boy’ in his statement. This, of course, was done to divert any further attention from Obama’s inability to make decisions in a harmless game. Said Obama spokesman Burton during that pre-post-racial time:

“It’s hard to tell what is more outrageous – Representative Davis’s condescending and personal attack, or his absurd and offensive claim that Barack Obama is not prepared to defend America. Geoff Davis may hide behind offensive tough talk, but he has marched in lock-step with Bush-McCain policies that have devastated our national security, while Barack Obama has stood up against a misguided war in Iraq and worked with respected Republicans like Dick Lugar and Chuck Hagel to secure loose weapons and nuclear materials from terrorists.”

The claim of racism was completely successful in diverting attention from the substance of Rep. Davis’s statement.

Also on April 14, 2008, as reported by Ben Smith in Politico, Rep Davis was reduced to groveling before Obama. In a letter that Rep. Davis made sure was supplied to Politico – a letter which Ben Smith said made no reference to his claim of Obama’s inability to make a decision in a game – Davis was left to grovel. Smith quoted the letter in relevant part:

“I offer my sincere apology to you and ask for your forgiveness.”

So, I don’t know why we should expect Obama to be decisive even though he knows his Presidency’s very life depends — oh, wait— whoops —- I’m sorry —- I mean, when Obama knows that the very lives of our troops depend on his decisions. Hell – if he couldn’t make up his mind sitting at the equivalent of a game of Nuclear Monopoly – what can we expect from him on the gameboard of life?

Of course – having seen his statements about past decisions, we may be in for a rough time no matter what decision he makes.

I’m referring to those decisions he announces in firm statements that are so ‘subtly and intellectually nuanced’ that the poor subject of the sentence is usually left to wander a forest of misplaced modifiers while searching hopelessly for a verb with which it can meet and agree.

********

2. We need to reinstate the draft. We would get far more firm and decisive action if every parent of every draft age son or daughter – and not just those of volunteers – was hanging on Obama’s every word regarding his decisiveness and his vision regarding Afghanistan.

Having learned the lessons of Viet Nam, we wouldn’t be screwing around with an endless debate over a ridiculous and already failed health care proposal. We wouldn’t be worried about congress passing bills to protect Polar Bears from the effects of outdoor barbecue grills.

Instead – the American people would be up in arms saying: “You’ve been in office 8 months. My kid is about to be sent to Afghanistan. You have yet even to set any clear goals for this war. Instead you’re busy sending Ramadan celebration instructions to our embassies.

Parents and all Americans would be screaming:

Forget that crap! Get your ‘arses’ in gear Mr. President and Members of Congress and focus on the war. Stop screaming about our very lives depending on healthcare reform in a nation that already guarantees admission to an emergency room for treatment.

Stop yapping that our very lives depend on cooling a planet that seems to be approaching an ice age.

Stop yelping that the very lives of our children depend on policing yard sales for forbidden toys from China that have trace amounts of lead.

Instead, dammit – FOCUS on decisions that really, really, really ARE matters of life and death. That is to say, make hard decisions about Afghanistan. Cost not the lives of our children without good reason. The decisions are hard, but our soldiers lives depend on hard decisions and vision. Make a decision and follow it through. End of story.

Jim Anderson
[email protected]

Jim Anderson on September 22, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Why isn’t Obama paying closer attention to Afghanistan?

He’s too busy trying to get his ego driven puss on TV?

Jeff from WI on September 22, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Must be tough to have to continue with a war against people you actually side with in order to say to your countrymen that you are indeed a Patriot thus deflecting criticism long enough so that you can force through Socialist domestic policies.

Give the man a break, willya?

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 22, 2009 at 6:15 AM

Perhaps the Presidents new “friends” the Ruskies
would like him to somehow end the hostilities
so GE can get even more sweet deals.
I wonder if the rise in hostilities are currently driven by the
Russians somewhat like the US helped defeat them in the 80’s.

elderberry on September 22, 2009 at 6:34 AM

1. Where is Hillary?

2. Draft ACORN workers…

albill on September 22, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Strongly disagree with AP.

Obama is not “taking a pass on international issues.”

The act of OMISSION is as much an act as one of commission.

In Obama’s case, based on his behavior/”record”, I believe Obama does this with the intention of weakening the U.S. stance internationally.

Lockstein13 on September 22, 2009 at 7:36 AM

AP, I am in complete agreement with your characterization of the president’s notions on foreign policy and the war. I think you’re truly on target. In my view, this is by far the most important issue we are facing, and the “awakened giant” is going to be spending all its time defending Glenn Beck today.

Sigh.

gocatholic on September 22, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Obama is lost and he has no idea what to do. This is the beginning of the end and we are about to become a loser nation . . . no, make that a broke, loser nation.

rplat on September 22, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Obama is weak and timid. Plain and simple.

tatersalad on September 22, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Taxpayer savings idea for Barry.
Fire the whole cabinet and just have policy come straight from the focus groups.
Save a fortune.

PaddyJ on September 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM

But wait, Charles! Maybe he’s cooking up an invasion of Pakistan like he said during the campaign.

kens on September 22, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Strictly a ceremonial president. As long as they have us talking about him as being interested in any of this important stuff they’re winning. Photo ops is all he knows, so it’s all he does.

curved space on September 22, 2009 at 10:25 AM

procrastination with any war gets people killed in the field, we need someone in the whitehouse that can make a decision, not just clock in as present. He is failng to lead and failing to make important decisions that affect our security in this country.

workingforpigs on September 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM

A little ice and water….. oh yeah…

PaulMorphy on September 22, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Respectfully disagree… I prefer Maker’s Mark with the BLACK WAX over the top (that is only available overseas)… Yummy!

Khun Joe on September 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Its seems to me that Obama is making every attempt to lower America’s standing within the world. He is crippling the economy and reducing incentives for others to increase their productive worth. A loss in Afghanistan would diminish the American military’s effectiveness. Then, to top it all off he wants to unilaterally eliminate our nuclear arsenal and kill the missile defense shield without any reciprocated concessions from our adversaries. Obama wants to dim the flame of liberty.

Heftyjo on September 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Obummer thinks Afghans are loose knitted blankets

Bevan on September 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Obama is too busy appearing on television. He has no time to think of Afghanistan or anything else for that matter. Being a star is hard work.

rukiddingme on September 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Nothing of the sort will ever happen with Barrack Hussein Obama, mister “The US is one of the Largest Muslim Populations of any Country,” AKA mister “The US is NOT a Christian Country. (Where are you loyalties, sir?)

1) Barrack Hussein Obama will NOT succeed in an agreement with Iran which eliminates the “threat” of Nuclear armament, or nuclear, and/or military attack against Israel, and possibly other nations, such as Iraq, the US, etc.

2) Barrack Hussein Obama will NOT succeed in an Iranian/Palestinian Peace plan because Palestinians’ leaders will NEVER keep a peace with Israel. They want Israel destroyed, and all Jews killed or subservient.

If the Palestinians haven’t proven that time and time again since 1948 alone, then I don’t know what the Palestinians have proven.

Does anyone remember Arafat walking out on an agreement which granted virtually 100% of all that he, and the Palestinian’s claimed they wanted?

Obama’s idea of international relations is to trash the US, accuse the US of being a mean country, and trash President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, and also insult US citizens who are not bowing in worshipful adoration at His Holy Feet, keeping alters to worship Him at home, and surrendering themselves 24/7 in his most Holy Service in every thought, word, and deed.

William2006 on September 22, 2009 at 1:44 PM

rukiddingme on September 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM

rukddingme,

When will President Barrack Hussein Obama (Peace be unto Him. Praise His Holy Name. Worship Him with every thought, word, and deed, for He is our Salvation, our Lord, our Master, our Messiah, the font of Divine Wisdom, and Guidance, and Grace, Mercy, Tolerance, and Compassion …. /sarcasm off) compete in “Dancing with the Stars?”

Which dance will he perform?

Argentine Tango?

He is too stiff to perform that and make it look good?

Mambo? Salsa? Meringue?

No. He is just doesn’t have the rhythm or the moves. He would look like a spastic trying to perform that.

Fox Trot? Waltz?

He is not graceful enough. He is too stiff. He doesn’t have fluid movement, and he is not elegant enough to pull that off.

He also has too big an ego to actually dance properly with a woman.

A man must lead a woman on the dance floor, but he must be a gentleman and not be selfish. He must show off the woman, not steal the limelight.

No. Barrack Hussein Obama would flop on “Dancing with the Stars.”

So, which program should he be on?

I doubt he’d fit on a nature program, including a wild life program. He doesn’t have the sense or appreciation for nature and the wild.

What’s left?

He’d have to have his own program in which he can trash people who have conservative values, or even Democrats and Independents who disagree with his policies.

That leaves us with “Him” exactly where he is now, President of the USA stealing the limelight, and always getting his over inflated egotistical mug before the camera and giving speeches.

That’s about all he has any ability in, and even in that he is extremely stiff, boring, and unbelievable.

William2006 on September 22, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Has anyone but me ever noticed that whenever BO has to salute a serviceperson, he acts like it’s an annoyance & inconvenience to him?

kg598301 on September 22, 2009 at 2:54 PM