Glenn Beck: McCain would have been worse for America than Obama

posted at 7:22 pm on September 21, 2009 by Allahpundit

Looking forward to the 1,000-rpm spinning in the comments for this remark, which (a) is buttressed by his admission that he might have voted for Hillary over McCain/Palin and (b) would earn most any other righty torrents of acidic grassroots abuse for daring to utter it. His point, essentially, is that McCain’s no conservative, but then, per Peter Wehner, neither is Glenn Beck:

I say that because he seems to be more of a populist and libertarian than a conservative, more of a Perotista than a Reaganite. His interest in conspiracy theories is disquieting, as is his admiration for Ron Paul and his charges of American “imperialism.” (He is now talking about pulling troops out of Afghanistan, South Korea, Germany, and elsewhere.) Some of Beck’s statements—for example, that President Obama has a “deep-seated hatred for white people”–are quite unfair and not good for the country. His argument that there is very little difference between the two parties is silly, and his contempt for parties in general is anti-Burkean (Burke himself was a great champion of political parties). And then there is his sometimes bizarre behavior, from tearing up to screaming at his callers. Beck seems to be a roiling mix of fear, resentment, and anger—the antithesis of Ronald Reagan.

I understand that a political movement is a mansion with many rooms; the people who occupy them are involved in intellectual and policy work, in politics, and in polemics. Different people take on different roles. And certainly some of the things Beck has done on his program are fine and appropriate. But the role Glenn Beck is playing is harmful in its totality.

The clip cuts off before Beck has a chance to explain himself but presumably his argument is that there’s no difference between Republicans and Democrats these days and therefore we’re better off with a president whom the right doesn’t feel pressure to apologize for and whose tendencies towards big government it can oppose in earnest. If you believe that — that there’s no difference between the parties — then you haven’t been paying attention to Afghanistan, Iran, Russia, Honduras, Poland, and Czechoslovakia the Czech Republic lately. Epic fail.

Watch CBS Videos Online

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 10

I do like Glenn Beck, but there is a “creepy” factor that I am at a loss to explain. I suspect he walks the fine line between the sane and insane world.

bopbottle on September 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Idiotic.

jgapinoy on September 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I suspect he walks the fine line between the sane and insane world.

yup

jgapinoy on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

We are in serious trouble until we stop electing politicians.

tx2654 on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Oh please, I’m really getting tired of him… he is so full of shiat it’s not even funny if he thinks McCain would have been worse than Obama… he’s doing some faux triangulation the nobody buys but himself…

ninjapirate on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

*gets out popcorn*

The Lone Platypus on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

…and I watch his show every day because he’s mostly right.

tx2654 on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Interesting.

McCain might have destroyed conservatism instead of revived it, like the Won has. But McCain is not a leftist like the Won and he is smarter on foreign policy the Won.

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Obama is good for his ratings…

ninjapirate on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

McCain is pro-life, pro-military, understands foreign policy, & would have given us good SC judges. BHO is none of these.

jgapinoy on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

If it weren’t for the Supreme Court I might agree with him.

D0WNT0WN on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

If McCain had won, we would have gotten a lot of devastating lib policies,, but they would have had the Republican tag. Palin would have also been tainted and unable to speak out. All while Obamam would have still been there growing stronger for 2012. If McCain had won,, we would have just gotten Obama 4 years later. So,, in one way I agree.

JellyToast on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

From a fiscal angle, I don’t see too much difference between “moderate Republicans (Bush, McCain)” and Obama.

ColtsFan on September 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM

he’s doing some faux triangulation

That I agree with. Think that statement is more of the ‘I criticized Bush and Obama’, both sides thing.

But it’s really hard to state exactly how much of a disaster McCain would have been as president. He was a disaster of a candidate.

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM

*gets out popcorn*

The Lone Platypus on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

*makes pudding*
But seriously, I hate these ‘Let’s debate Glenn Beck’ threads. Can’t we just accept he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and move on?

Emily M. on September 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Note to Republican Party: WAKE THE F UP!

jay12 on September 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM

During the campaign I had someone tell me that McCain’s “Associations were worse then Obama’s”, they never elaborated on the point.

Though McCain can, and often is wishy-washy he’s never displayed a contempt for his own nation which Obama often does both before and after he became President of it.

Not to be long winded though I generally like Glenn Beck I’m not on board with his “both parties suck” track. He does seem to like Ron Paul who would probably be eve WORSE then Obama were he President.

Sharr on September 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

We’d probably have amnesty getting shoved down our throats right now, but Honduras and Eastern Europe alone make me disagree with Beck.

BadgerHawk on September 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Beck means well; he really does. But the man is an inch deep and just as wide.

There’s no there there intellectually.

Good for the nation? Yes, so far; but only so far.

SteveMG on September 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

If you believe that — that there’s no difference between the parties — then you haven’t been paying attention to Afghanistan, Iran, Russia, Honduras, Poland, and Czechoslovakia lately. Epic fail.

Absolutely agree, which is why Beck is best taken in small doses; preferably muckraking doses.

ddrintn on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

As long as he helps destroy Obama I don’t care.

elduende on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Beck is on crack. Gidget the Taco Bell chihuahua would have been a better President than Obama.

ElectricPhase on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

McCain would have been worse for the United States but in a different way. He would have accepted anything the democrats in congress were able to get passed.

He would have been reactionary to any criticism of foreign (military) policy in Iraq and Afghanistan, and there would have been the same incessant criticism of his (Republican) military strategies.

The liberals would have continued their incrementalism rather than the all in, out of the closet, approach they’re following now.

Skandia Recluse on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Ronald Reagan is a RINO

e-pirate on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

jgapinoy on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

And he would have reached across the aisle to give us Shamnesty, Cap and Tax, etc, etc…

McCain would have stood a much better chance of actually getting liberal things done. Baracky is in a quagmire.

Pablo on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

ColtsFan on September 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM

From the last graph of Ed’s interesting post,

Obama Plan: 44%
McCain Plan: 43%

I voted for McCain and will vote for him in the general election again if he is the nominee again. But on fiscal issues overall, the current GOP is not much different from Obama.

ColtsFan on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

True. Just contempt for citizens like the bigots that opposed him on McCain-Kennedy.

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

You can’t read anything into this snippit!!!! It was clearly put out to titillate!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

jgapinoy on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

McCain is also pro-amnesty, pro-green movement, pro-restriction of free speech (mccain/feingold), pro-”can’t we all just get along.”

I think McCain would’ve done such damage to Conservatism and permanently redefined the Republican Party to Democrat-lite.

I am inclined to agree with Beck on this issue.

conservative pilgrim on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

It would have beenn better to hear his explanation than to try to guess.

fourdeucer on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I don’t know. I think in a lot of ways he’s right. McCain would’ve been the death knell for trying to move the GOP to the Right. I didn’t want Obama and voted for McCain, but quite honestly on a lot of issues there really was no difference b/w the two. Gitmo, Cap n trade, etc. Didn’t McCain want to buy up mortgages or something? He would’ve been a lot stronger on foreign policy, obviously, but if Beck is going the isolationist route I can see why he wouldn’t put much emphasis on this.

Imagine Lefty heads exploding when he says this!

changer1701 on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

He’s wrong, Obama is much stranger that Hillary. But maybe somehow he tries to make Lemonade.

Did that old woman borrow Gibsons glasses?

the_nile on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

There’s no there there intellectually.

Good for the nation? Yes, so far; but only so far.

SteveMG on September 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Ya know something? I’ve listened to his radio show a few times, and Pat and Stu are really the ones who make the show.

ddrintn on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

He’s just playing the “I’m unhappy with both sides” card he’s been touting awhile, I’m sure.

eforhan on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Hard to hear…. yes, but long term for the country… The man has a point.

Beck ain’t perfect, but he’s one of the best we’ve got.

Indian Outlaw on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Ronald Reagan is a RINO

e-pirate on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Dude!

You are causing tears in my eyes. How dare you mention RINO and

Reagan

in the same line!!

:-)

ColtsFan on September 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Beck’s moral equivalence between liberals and conservatives is really off-putting.

Iblis on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Why is there always such a demand to approve or disapprove someone in toto? Beck is a declared Libertarian. If you don’t know that, you obviously don’t watch or listen to him. There is some overlap between libertarianism, and conservativeness, but they are certainly not one in the same. I like much of what Beck says, because much of what Beck says has a conservative foundation. The more his views swing to the libertarian end, the less I tend to agree.

As for McCain… I voted for him, but I can understand why a non-republican would not want to.

BKeyser on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

This is true. Conservatism was teetering after Bush, and McCain may well have pushed it over the edge completely. Still, President Obama’s foreign policy has been so disastrous I just can’t quite bring myself to say that he’s better than McCain would have been.

BadgerHawk on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

^ And I don’t mean just literally “make”, Stu being the producer and all. LOL

ddrintn on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

jgapinoy on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

BUT would have messed up with the healthcare as well as Obama, plus the shamnesty on illegal immigrants. Ask around if ppl voted Obama b/c they were afraid of Palin becoming a POTUS if something God forbid happened to him.

ProudPalinFan on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I will suspend disbelief, take a sip of Beck Kool Aid and kick back.

I can only take Beck in limited doses but I really do like his sustained, passionate dot connecting that he is doing. He is the journalistic equivalent of a special operations door kicker–he ain’t pretty, he sure makes a mess, but he can sure bust in and plant a gun barrel in your face or a knife to your throat, rhetorically speaking of course. You don’t have to like him, you don’t have to think he’s pretty, cause he’s not–but, if he’s busting down your door, you sure better watch out for him.

ted c on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I think Beck understands that Obama is a lot worse in the short run for America. But he’s certainly on to something to suggest that McCain would have been worse for America in the long run.

The bailouts are really what are going to ruin this country, and McCain was not an ardent defender of the free market. McCain also would have pushed Republicans to support Cap & Trade or a carbon tax.

Glenn Beck wants a revolution. And for that, Obama is better. McCain would simply continue the descent.

Dan Minardi on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

JellyToast on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

McCain wouldn’t have pursued unilateral nuclear disarmament, supported the deposed Honduran leader, agreed to unconditional talks with Iran, or played footsey with Chavez.

McCain wouldn’t have introduced socialized health care or started a trade war with China over what one union wants. He also wouldn’t be coordinating with ACORN and the SEIU, who proceed to beat up people opposed to his agenda.

We might not have been reliving the Reagan years, but McCain — for all of his RINOness — would’ve been countless times better for this country than Obama and his communist, Truther allies.

amerpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I agree, McCain would have done the same crap, only slower, like Bush was doing.

tarpon on September 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Pablo on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Excellent point. In a lot of ways, Obama winning might turn out to be a blessing in disguise (IF the GOP learns its lesson and we’re able to stop a lot of what he wants to do).

changer1701 on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I would make a similar argument. McCain is a liberal on most issues but he’s good on enough to make him considerably better than Obama. However, his impulsive need to “reach across the aisle” I think would have lead to much the same stuff being passed except without Republicans opposing it en mass.

The stimulus at least would have been still passed and it’s failure would have been laid at the feet of all conservatives and republicans. It might have been better in the short term but in the long term, I think we’re better off with BHO getting people to wake up and get their heads out of their bums.

Kronos on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

As some said, including myself, it’s better to have a more polarizing figure to fight than one that moderates can more easily identify with.

He’s basically comparing slowly pulling off a band-aid, or ripping it off quickly and getting it over with, albeit more painfully.

MadisonConservative on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Iblis on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

He reads a lot of HotAir :)

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Under McCain we would not have seen the grassroots uprising we have now to stop the growth of government. It would have continued perhaps slower but continued none the less.

I won’t say that McCain would have been the same. But I doubt we would see the libertarian/conservative movement that we are seeing now if he had been elected. And as a result the RINO’s would have moved further left again.

Now they are tripping all over themselves moving right.

conservnut on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I get the feeling as the rest of the world thoroughly falls apart under the anointed one, just for that alone he’d disagree with this basis.

On internal matters, there’s an argument to be made in agreement. On external, its not even close

Defector01 on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Beck is entitled to his opinion. In my opinion, Sen. McCain would have been better for the country than Obama. He would have driven me nuts on occasion, but Sen. McCain is not dangerously naive about world affairs, he’s not a profligate spender, and his first impulse isn’t to turn everything over to state control.

Jill1066 on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I voted for McCain, but I think the analysis is right. Terrible bills would’ve been passed and we’d have been screwed long term.

Atleast now, with Obama, we got a fightin’ chance.

p0s3r on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Dan Minardi on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

If McCain had been elected, I don’t think we would have had Van Jones-types in the White House, and ACORN wouldn’t have been a McCain pet. I also don’t think McCain was such a thoroughgoing statist as the Obama bunch.

But do you know who benefited most from McCain’s loss? Sarah Palin.

ddrintn on September 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM

In my opinion, Beck has been trying to open some Democrats (not progressive) eyes.

njpat on September 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Dan Minardi on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

There won’t be a revolution, so we can drop that whole fantasy. Obama may have energized conservatism faster than McCain would’ve, but McCain would’ve been better for the future security and safety of the republic.

I’d rather have to wait a few years for conservative revival than go to bed at night wondering if Obama’s sufficiently protecting our country from terrorists and rogue regimes.

amerpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I fear that Obama may have solidified the conservative movement, but there won’t be anything left to govern after his reign.

It’s a lose-lose situation folks.

portlandon on September 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Are we looking at another Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs?

Bill C on September 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Glenn Beck has no lines on his face. Like an android.

BCrago66 on September 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM

IF McCain was president, the rest of the country would still be oblivious to the rampant Democratic corruption, the expansion of Fedzilla, and the long term creep to a totalitarian state. The fact that Barry had zero idea how to enact his leftist state and let San Fran Nan over-reach, seems to have woken up We the People… Now if we can keep Barry from destroying civilization before January 2013 is anybody’s guess

phreshone on September 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Beck is not coolaid. He is Beer. Sometimes light sometimes bitter. AP he’s an aquired taste, and I like many americans like having after a long day of work.

Not saying it always right, but it usually makes me feel good.

Indian Outlaw on September 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM

and his first impulse isn’t to turn everything over to state control.

Jill1066 on September 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

True, but he is willing to do it. Remember what he said about the first stimulus?

“You don’t know the pressure I was under”. So it might not have been his first impulse, but enough beltway pressure and he’d go along with whatever was against his principles.

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM

AP is following the Alinsky rule book to the letter. He is doing his best to divide us.

Can AP actually ask tough questions like Beck,
can AP connect the dots like Beck,
and can AP have same amount of reach like Beck?

Beck and Palin are thorns at AP’s sides, apparently.

Sir Napsalot on September 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Iblis on September 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

What is truly off-putting is the notion that all conservatives are angels and that all liberals are evil.

MadisonConservative on September 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

We might be watching our country be socialized, national defense dismantled, taxes increase significantly, spending hit all-time highs, trade wars start over what a union wants, federal programs coordinating with propagandists, our president playing footsey with dictators, the government support leftist dictators, Iran be allowed to get a nuclear weapon, and entire industries socialized.

But at least McCain isn’t there to push amnesty and Sarah Palin isn’t tainted!

amerpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

The Lone Platypus on September 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I’m doing chips and chipotle salsa with Land Shark…yummy…

jerrytbg on September 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I don’t have a problem with this b/c there is something off about Beck. He serves a good purpose by going after alot of these targets and as long as he proclaims his “independence” from conservatism we can have plausible deniability if he goes off the deep end.

Lou Budvis on September 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

You’re an absolute disgrace. Your idol says something appalling and insane — and you blame me for mentioning it. Go join a cult, really.

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Lou Budvis on September 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Nice point

phreshone on September 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Um. That’s an unfairly short clip.

I will say that, theoretically, McCain might have perpetuated the idea that Republican in name equals conservatism. We all read what Bush recently said about remaking the republican party and that there is no “conservative movement.” Difficult to hear, but not wholly unexpected statements. I’ve thought that under such a liberal president, conservatism is getting refined. More people are researching our libertarian roots and actually reading the constitution/bill of rights, of all things!
It might be that Glenn means a truly conservative movement is ultimately best and will only come, as under Carter (most recently), when freedoms are lost. I’m speculating here…

An aside: I realize that Beck had a substance abuse problem in the past. But, does anyone else think he acts like he’s, just, wrecked? Weird.

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Heck, I’ll say what we are all thinking,

McCain would have been worse for America because it would have robbed us all of his daughter’s insightful comments.

You know it, I know it, the American people know it.

Spirit of 1776 on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I’m not a huge McCain fan either, but I have a hard time seeing how he could have been worse that Obama.

What? He would have spent money faster? Given away our national defence to Russia for fewer concessions? Taken over more industries than just the banks and auto companies? Worsened our relationship with allies like Isreal, Poland, the Czech Republic, and others? Passed a horrible healthcare reform bill faster?

What exactly would he have done worse?

Scrappy on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Mark Levin is NOT going to like this. He will go nuclear on Beck tonight.

alteredbeat on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Everyone here who screeched for McCain last year and now nods along soporifically to Beck’s garbage is an embarrassment.

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

ElectricPhase on September 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM

The Taco Bell Chihuahua died earlier this year. Gidget is on her own.

BottomLine5 on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Mark Levin is NOT going to like this. He will go nuclear on Beck tonight.

alteredbeat on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Good, let me know if he does. I want the audio.

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Devil’s advocate: do you think that he is in a way saying that due to the fact that Obama is in office light would not have been shed on the serious corruption that goes on in DC? Without Obama in office we would not have shaken the rats out of ACORN’s closet, nor would there have been a stimilus package that exposed the overspending in DC. I mean we all know that everyone in DC is corrupt however, did anyone have any idea the extent of the ocrruption?
Just asking. Lord knows I had no idea about all the earmarks and pet projects.

milwife88 on September 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

The old Leninist doctrine of “the worst the better.”

Geez, Alinsky and now Lenin.

Whatever happened to that Burke fellow?

SteveMG on September 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Funny, I didn’t see anything regarding domestic policy. Which, traditionally should be where most of the differences are.

I agree there are big differences, but not enough.

Free Constitution on September 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

All the bashing and we’ve no clue how he finishes his thought.

C’mon people…you know GB better than that.

therightscoop on September 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

That would be “the worse the better.”

Dummy.

SteveMG on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Dude.

BadgerHawk on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

There hasn’t been a country called Czechoslovakia since 1993. Did you go to Berkley?

Ronnie on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Wow, I am so disappointed in this comment. If he truly believes that, then he might as well keep his mouth shut about ACORN, SEUI, and all the radicals in O’s administration.

McCain WOULDNT of had these radical ties or people in the White House.

Damn it Glenn! Why?!

bucsox79 on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

It is impossible to categorize McCain. His moral compass is that whatever he wants , is the only moral , honorable , patriotic position . He is a “warmer”(global warming believer) , and has contempt for the First Amendment and presumably anything else in the Constitution .

borntoraisehogs on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

The only good thing to come out of Dear Leader’s administration is that it will have long term damage to the Democratic Party (tax & spend, weak on national defense) and big government in general.

That is, if we get to have free & fair elections in 2010 & 2012.

rbj on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

All the bashing and we’ve no clue how he finishes his thought.

C’mon people…you know GB better than that.

Go ahead and finish it for him.

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

We were screwed the moment Fred Thompson decided not to try…

Lanceman on September 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Did you go to Berkley?

You mean Berkeley?

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

It’s a lose-lose situation folks.

portlandon on September 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Somehow Obama reminds people of what they could lose.

the_nile on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

What good does a conservative revival do a year or three years from now if industries are socialized into destruction, we’re spent into oblivion, we have hyperinflation, basic freedoms are taken away, we end up in another depression because of a trade war, and the republic is largely destroyed?

McCain wouldn’t have been better for America? Bill Clinton would’ve been better for America. Bozo the Clown would’ve been better for America.

amerpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

That’s it??? Less than 60 seconds? Call me when you get the full clip . . How can we, or you Allah, comment on that snippet?

DrStock on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

McCain would have been better for America but worse for the Republican party which is going to own in 2010.

Mojave Mark on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

But, in reality…

nothing, NOTHING is worse than what Obama is actively doing to our allies, our economic system, our intelligence community, etc.

And it’s a misconception that Hillary is more conservative than O. She is “safer” because she’s known and has tangible aspirations we can see and calculate. But, she’s sculpted the moderate image well, hasn’t she?

Diane on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Either Beck or Breitbart is the most important person in the country right now and no amount of whining by jealous purists can get around it.

As Wehner and Allahpundit lift their dainty pinkies in disdain, those two have actually gone out and done something to bring down the most dangerous person this country has ever produced.

If it’s up to Wehner and Allahpundit, they will still be debating whether the Moron in the White House is a liberal or a progressive in jail cells in a couple of years.

notagool on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

All I know is that he puts words to how I feel. Completely unrepresented. The government was never meant to ride rough shod over the will of the people. Its time to throw the losers out and start all new…parties and all.

wrabbitslayer on September 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Calm down, AP. You’re not debating anyone right now, you’re just name-calling.

Emily M. on September 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Allahpundit on September 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

QOTD

portlandon on September 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Beck’s not saying anything new here, or even anything that conservatives haven’t said before. This topic has been brought up repeatedly at NRO.

With McCain we’d still have cap and trade, and we’d get immigration “reform”, and we’d likely get some sort of socialistic health care bill. Probably not as bad a health care bill as the one Obama wants, but maybe worse than the one Obama’s going to eventually get.

We also probably still have a down conservative base, not a fired up one.

Seems to me that AP is the one with the “Epic fail” here.

Chris of Rights on September 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

JellyToast on September 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Somebody gets it. Thanks JellyToast!
McCain is the WORST represenative the republicans have had in quite a while, and that includes Bush Jr. (who was outed as not a conservative recently) and Bob Dole. (oh how I long for a Bob Dole right about now though.

-Wasteland Man.