Fish in a barrel: Crowder visits Berkeley

posted at 6:56 pm on September 21, 2009 by Allahpundit

Hit and miss, although the hits start piling up towards the end when he dons the Bush “War Criminal” t-shirt. How could they not? Even so, a bit of a letdown in an environment this target-rich. No “Death to Israel” chants? Only one hammer-and-sickle? If I’m going to invest 10 minutes, I want my most grotesque caricaturish stereotypes confirmed, damn it!

The “Mary Jo Kopechne” exchange at the public-option table makes it all worthwhile. No doubt Teddy himself would have found it hysterical.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

My favorite part was when he asked the professor about the African slave traders that captured their own people to sell to the whites to be used as slaves.

Having grown up in No Cal and having been around many Cal Bezerkly types I can tell you without a doubt the professor is a liar when she said she didn’t know the answer to that “good question.” She knows damn well what the answer was, hell I knew the answer to that question in junior high school and she’s a damn college professor and doesn’t know the answer…I call MAJOR BS!!!

She feigned ignorance because the truth contradicted her revisionist history BS thus undermining her demonize America agenda!

The fact is she’s and her lefty professors are all LIARS and history revisionists whose sole purpose is not to educate but to brainwash our children to further their leftist/socialist/Marxist ideology at their Indoctrination Universities!

Liberty or Death on September 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM

To all residents and refugees of NorCal:
Don’t hate me ’cause I moved to Tejas.
Berkeley, home to freeBSD, and LSD. But I have a question.
How many of the UCB ‘students’ are products of cali public schools?
Inside tip to flyover country: The indoctrination starts in preschool. I was in parent teacher conferences weekly. Facts, discipline, dress, behavior, personal property, these are alien concepts in NorCal preschools.

Blacksmith8 on September 22, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Many Berkeley folks nowadays satisfy their history requirement with an AP test, so complaining that Berkeley doesn’t teach them history is beside the point; most folks aren’t at Berkeley for the history (or for that matter for the politics).

calbear on September 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM

This is total bullsh!t. These are students who are supposedly in the top 12% of their high school class, who supposedly paid attention in school, who supposedly got very high scores on the SAT/ACT, and who supposedly have gone above and beyond to get into the number 1 ranked public university in the nation (supposedly). If they don’t know this stuff then (and a lot of it is very simple) then the number 1 ranked university is a joke (which I’ve always said). The purpose of a university education is to impart critical thinking in a vast arenas, and to seek truth. None of which is evident with any of the morons interviewed by Crowder.

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Although the Berkeley campus is widely regarded as one of the premier teaching and research universities in the world, there is no way to classify a Cal student. UC Berkeley is home to top scholars in every discipline, accomplished writers and musicians, star athletes, and groundbreaking scientists—all drawn to this place because of the wealth of opportunities it holds for creativity, innovative thinking and progress.
From liberal to slacker, from slacker to statist! Berkeley fevuh… catch it!

ya2daup on September 21, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Sorry, but I judge a university by the quality of students it produces, not how many freeloaders work on the faculty.

Andy in Agoura Hills on September 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Was she really a professor? Given the size of the class and the subject discussed, I’d say it’s more likely she was a grad school or undergrad teacher’s assistant.

calbear on September 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM