Jimmy Carter’s NSA: Hey, let’s shoot down Israeli jets if they fly over Iraq to attack Iran

posted at 6:54 pm on September 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

A stark reminder via Goldfarb that no matter how bad you think The One is, we could do — and have done — worse.

DB: How aggressive can Obama be in insisting to the Israelis that a military strike might be in America’s worst interest?

Brzezinski: We are not exactly impotent little babies. They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq. Are we just going to sit there and watch?

DB: What if they fly over anyway?

Brzezinski: Well, we have to be serious about denying them that right. That means a denial where you aren’t just saying it. If they fly over, you go up and confront them. They have the choice of turning back or not. No one wishes for this but it could be a Liberty in reverse.

Goldfarb in reply: “So conjure the image — the Obama administration sending U.S. aircraft up to protect Iran’s airspace and it’s nuclear installations from an attack by a democracy that is one of America’s closest allies.” Indeed. Why is it, I wonder, that this eminence grise of the left, whose side is forever screeching at the right to stop warmongering and embrace diplomacy, is suddenly ready to start blowing F-15s out of the sky over Baghdad instead of reprimanding Israel diplomatically after the fact? That’s an awfully curious stroke of belligerence given that (a) the IAF would be entering Iraqi airspace to attack not the United States but one of its chief enemies, (b) a successful attack on Iran’s facilities would at least delay a nuclear crisis in the Gulf for a few years, and (c) the only reason Israel hasn’t struck already is because it’s put its faith, very stupidly, in the west’s ability to deter Iran with, ahem, diplomacy. In an odd way, it reminds me of the DNC promising a “rain of hellfire” on critics of ObamaCare while The One’s gearing up to schmooze with the dregs of international autocracy this week at the UN. Our side likes to bait the left by accusing them of weakness, but they seem plenty capable of tough talk and hardline reprisals if you’re an American conservative or Israeli Zionist. Funny, that.

As for Brzezinski’s creepy anticipation of a new U.S.S. Liberty incident, whether “in reverse” or not, Goldfarb’s got that right too. Maybe not for ZB but for many others, that’s not a bug in the plan, it’s a feature.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What he said. I’d say more but there’s some dude in the other thread calling for folks who go off topic to be banned.

Knucklehead on September 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Supporting and showing love for like minded friends is not ‘off topic.’

(I know you know this knucklehead – I was just putting it out there.)

What’s the point of having a community of friends, if you can’t act like it?

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Lox isn’t banned, he’s not feeling too tip top. I know he would appreciate your words of kindness.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Please tell him that, as always, we are with him and the Sun and the morning.

And that we need the courage and wit that he brings big to the table.

TXUS on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Hardly a libertarian fee speech attitude.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Hey, if it’s a question of money, I’m in for 50 clams.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Do the Arabs give this whack job millions of dollars for his library too?

iam7545 on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Cindy, please tell him he is in my prayers. He was so kind to this newbie late into the night (early morning hours, actuall) when I had first joined. I will never forget his words of encouragement…
Lox–I wish you peace, strength, and a return to health, my friend…

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Someone from here not feeling well? Very sorry to hear that. I’ve talked to so many nice and knowledgeable people in here. Here’s hopin’you feel better soon.

Jeff from WI on September 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM

O/T…

… Good to see “W” enjoying himself in Texas.

I hear there are a couple of people in Eastern Europe that really miss that guy…

Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Lox–I wish you peace, strength, and a return to health, my friend…

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I’ll add my voice to that.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Godspeed Mr. Lox. We need you back soon to help us cope with your favorite troll, CannedinCA :) and a bunch other stuff that is hard to describe.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Easy for a Commie sideliner to run his big mouth about. But Obama can’t do that. Like any “fundamental restructurer”, he can’t push the military too far too fast, or his revolution will be over before it begins.

logis on September 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM

saw that as well…loved it!!!

yepper, they sure are missing him…

cmsinaz on September 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM

TXUS on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM
lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Hopefully he will peak in and see your good wishes but I will link them along to him.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Hey, if it’s a question of money, I’m in for 50 clams.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

You know I caught my mistake and then after reading it again it turns out to have been a Freudian slip.

Geochelone on September 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM

UPstater85 and Sven got banned.

HornetSting on September 20, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I read the whole Friday QOTD thread and saw their posts, but not anything about them getting banned.

BadgerHawk on September 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM

To discuss them in intelligent circles raises their voice above the absurdity that they are…

… Would you debate a fool who would argue against daylight while he is blinded by the sun?

[Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM]

Agreed. But I’m not saying that we should. I’m saying we should acknowledge that these people are out in force in a coordinated effort. I’m saying we should be aware of the memes they are pushing, because it belies policy direction.

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Sheehan was outside W’s house for a war criminal protest today.

I doubt W. is enjoying his time in Texas. They had his right wing neighbors on television complaining that Sheehan was being “disrespectful.”

She is awesome. W should have to deal with protestors until his final days.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Knucklehead on September 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Who and where?????

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 8:54 PM

BadgerHawk on September 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Read earlier posts on this thread re: Sven.
Don’t know about Upstater.
Maybe a MegMac joke that Allah didn’t like.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Sheehan was outside W’s house for a war criminal protest today.

She is awesome. W should have to deal with protestors until his final days.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Any credibility you ever had, is gone. Keep it up, whackjob.

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Who and where?????

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Thuja.
Steele thread.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Dusty on September 20, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Agreed…

… and Lox, get well.

Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Brzezinski is a tool of the globalists, the CFR, Bildeberg and the Trilateral Commission.

TheAdmiral on September 20, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Wait while I grab my tinfoil hat…

Cicero43 on September 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Maybe a MegMac joke that Allah didn’t like.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I doubt it. Otherwise, I would have been banned a long time ago. LOL

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Wait while I grab my tinfoil hat…

Cicero43 on September 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Hey, he forgot The Illuminati, The Masons, maybe even the Stone Cutters.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Wait while I grab my tinfoil hat…

Cicero43 on September 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

You look great in that tin foil hat. I like the blue light on top that keeps blinking and that ringing sound it makes.

Jeff from WI on September 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Brzenzinski has a serious God complex and has held some of the most ignorant positions I have ever heard uttered by someone held up with such high regard by liberals:

Profile: Zbigniew Brzezinski

“I encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot…. Pol Pot was an abomination. We could never support him, but China could.”
[Blum, 1995; Z Magazine, 1997]

BRZEZINSKI BOASTS OF STARTING THE AFGHAN WAR

Brzezinski was also the great promoter of Islamic fundamentalism, which he celebrated
as the greatest bulwark against Soviet Russian communism. Using the Islamic
faundamentalists, Brzezinski hoped to make the entire region between the southern
border of the USSR and the Indian Ocean into an “arc of crisis,” from which
fundamentalist subversion would radiate into Soviet territory, first and foremost into the
five Soviet republics of central Asia, Azerbaijan, etc.

Brzezinski:

According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen
began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec
1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was
July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents
of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in
which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military
intervention.

Q:

Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself
desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

Brzezinski:

It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we
knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q:

When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight
against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn’t believe
them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don’t regret anything today?

Brzezinski:

Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of
drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the
Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the
opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow
had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the
demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q:

And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalists, having given
arms and advice to future terrorists?

Brzezinski:

What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the
collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central
Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q:

Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism
represents a world menace today.

Brzezinski:

Nonsense! . . .

Remember, liberals are always carrying on about how “we trained” Osama and we are only getting a taste of what we created.

The liberals love Brzezinski even though he has his hands on events on both sides of the isle.

Obama loves this guy as well as Rice and Powers.

They are all anti-Semites and have been involved in some of the worst foreign policy postions and decisions this country has ever seen (Rice was the main person to protest Clinton taking Osama from the Sudan when he was being handed to us on a silver platter).

Adding the idiot Biden to this track record of failure from the “smart ones” has to make you shudder when you think they are what is between us and the jihadist right now.

Baxter Greene on September 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Brzezinski is a tool of the Rotary Club

Jeff from WI on September 20, 2009 at 9:00 PM

You have to wonder why this interview was given/published on Rosh Hashana, where he is talking about starting a war with Israel. To disrespect Jews?

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Thuja.
Steele thread.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Thanks!

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

That’s fine. Unlike the current occupant of the White House, Pres. Bush understood that many people wouldn’t agree with him and he stood up for them. Mr. Thin Skin and his merry band of Amateurs spend most of their time telling people to shut up. Pres. Bush never did and he never belittled those who disagreed with him. He was extremely gracious to Mrs. Shehan.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Don’t get banned.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Cindy, can you hint to the identity of the ‘midnight troll’?

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Spathi thinks Billy Ayers is a swell guy. Nuff sed

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Sometimes a little pushback is better than being the Chip Diller of politics. The Right is still paying for W’s good manners.

Cicero43 on September 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Sheehan was outside W’s house for a war criminal protest today.

She is awesome. W should have to deal with protestors until his final days.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Was she protesting or hoe testing? You know…as in trying to dig up her uterus?

SouthernGent on September 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Blake on September 20, 2009 at 8:54 PM

The pointless, irrelevant posts on this thread is out of control. Those who posted it should be banned. While ideas should not be censored, time wasting drooling on a public forum should be ruthlessly excised.

I’m not quite sure that “public” is exactly the right word in the last sentence, but I not sure what is exactly right word: open?

thuja on September 20, 2009 at 8:12 PM

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

That was from the Steele thread, BTW…

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Cindy Munford,

Who is Obama trying to shut up? What has he done to silence free speech that you are referring to. I didn’t vote for Obama so he’s not my guy to defend, but nonetheless what are you referring to?

Bush suspended habeas corpus of an American citizen without charges or a trial.

He also had random foreigners abducted and put into the CIA torture facilities and he also invaded Iraq for no reason. I recall the house republicans censoring MoveOn.org.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Sheehan was outside W’s house for a war criminal protest today.

Aw, how cute; she couldn’t get any traction with the media when she tried to haunt Obama’s vacation; now, like the 33 year old bursting out of her cheerleader outfit at the reunion, she back at the scene of her only glory. Precious.

Private property owners complaining that the priviledge of ‘quiet enjoyment’ (for which they paid, both in purchasing the property, and as taxpayers,) is impacted by her loony sideshow? Madness!

She is awesome.

Ick.

W should have to deal with protestors until his final days.

You can bet he will. Untreated mental illness (including BDS) doesn’t go away.

And, as the philosopher Ron White said “you can’t fix stupid.”

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Israel has a right to defend herself. Iran poses a real threat. I cannot imagine any situation in which the US would stand idly by while Israel was threatened or attacked by Iran, let alone take Iran’s side against Israel. Then again, I couldn’t imagine a situation in which the US would abandon the security of Eastern Europe to a resurgent Russia.

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Bush suspended habeas corpus of an American citizen without charges or a trial.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM

President Obama has actually increased the use of rendition since taking office.

And his administration has also said that they may be able to detain someone indefinitely, even if that person were found not guilty in a civilian trial. That seems worse.

BadgerHawk on September 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Bush suspended habeas corpus of an American citizen without charges or a trial.

Coddled. Roosevelt, Truman and Lincoln would have known what to do with that guy.

CIA torture facilities

What, did they make them sit in the comfy chair?

My position on irregulars captured on the battlefield is extract every possible piece of information out of them in 60 minutes then put a quick end to their miserable existence.

That’s what irregular, illegal combatants deserve.

It’s revolting that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed still draws breath.

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Just so you folks know, Spathi is short for spathiphyllium, a landscaping plant here in Florida.
That should give a reasonable accounting of the troll’s debating and reasoning skills.
This plant is so obvious, Ed should water it.
Just sayin’.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I think it would be best for you to try and wade through this thread, paying attention to early morning hours between 2 and 4 a.m.. Naturally the offending remarks have been cleaned up by Ed. but I think you will get the gist. As to the commenter’s identity I can’t help you, his name wasn’t one I recognized and his remarks forgettable except for their stupidity.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

And, as the philosopher Ron White said “Next time you have a thought, let it go.”

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

If America doesn’t wake up soon it is going to go the way of the Roman Empire and the Dodo.

If me an Australian can see that why can’t America?

Crux Australis on September 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I never imagined the American people would elect a man president who clearly hates this country with every fiber in his rotten, miserable and ignorant being, either.

But what are you going to do?

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Are you on Facebook? I am. Upstater is. I can bring about a meeting….you really should be. :)

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Nice to see you, hope you are as welll as you can be.

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

NoDonkey,

How about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s children?

They received fire ant torture while they were trying to obtain Khalid’s location.

Also you should not be able to prosecute an American for belonging to a group. What about the KKK or right wing militias who support the overthrow of the government? Do you support Janet Reno going in and burning down the house just because she doesn’t like their group?

No you have to actually commit a crime to be guilty not just exist.

That’s why Americans should be able to join the Al Qaeda without the president abducting them. He’s not a king.

Actually the entire war of terror should be left as just a law enforcement issue.

I don’t think the Taliban= Al Qaeda either. Seems like a different group to me.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

He also had random foreigners abducted and put into the CIA torture facilities…
Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Random foreigners? Like they lost at ‘duck, duck, goose,’ or something?

Random?

Names from a phone book?

Random?

You should choose your words carefully. They mean things.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

When was Iraq’s air space ‘our air space’…

… Didn’t Obama declare the war over?

Seven Percent Solution on September 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Very interesting observation there, Seven Percent Solution (I added emphasis to your statement quoted).

Lourdes on September 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Unlike you I am not accusing anyone of breaking the law. Has anyone been prosecuted? What I am suggesting is that the Left has done it’s best to belittle those who disagree or have concerns about the current policies. I don’t want you to interpret this as whining, I have been extremely proud to watch these same people wear the childish insults lobbed at them as badges of courage while making their views known.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

If me an Australian can see that why can’t America?

Crux Australis on September 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I’m not trying to be a smartass, but we still have our guns.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Thank you, Cindy.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

massrighty,

Sometimes one Afghan tribe gets an enemy so they turn him over to the Americans as an enemy combatant to get rid of them. They they go into one of these legal limbos.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Thanks – I forgot that one!

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Sarah Palin gained nearly another 6,000 supporters on Facebook in the last 24 hours. Amazing.

Crux Australis on September 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

**Note to self: add Spazzti to my list of trolls to ignore.**
Included are crap6, simplesemen, and guppyfish. Where’s afrolibturd been–I almost forgot to add him also. Please folks don’t feed these trolls, ignore them until they fizzle out–they are not worth the time it takes to type. As someone else has stated, these attacks will probably be increased–we still have 3 years and the One is tanking already What’s Soros going to do–pay more for trolls to attakc the best political blogs….

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I don’t think the Taliban= Al Qaeda either. Seems like a different group to me.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

The Japs and Krauts were different groups also, it didn’t matter to my Uncles though, they killed either group indiscriminatly.

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

If me an Australian can see that why can’t America?

Crux Australis on September 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Because we are on the outside, looking in. It’s always much easier that way.

OldEnglish on September 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Cindy Munford,

What is Obama doing to stop free speech?

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I couldn’t figure out Facebook if my life depended on it.
Put another way, my computer is 10 years old. The hardrive is 80 megs, or is that gigs? The processor won’t handle anything larger.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Good to see you, I hope you are taking care of yourself.

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I thought that he was a hair-lip named Spacey.

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM

How about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s children?

Oh please. My kids would have chewed up the fire ants and spit them back, but then again they’re Texans.

I’m sure you’re just ducky with our current fowl president, he’d probably invite them over for Ramadan.

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Proof? Or, do you subsribe to the CRR6 “because I said so” school?

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

++++ Landscaping–that’s a good one–kind of like those fake hollow rocks they us, huh?

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

use, not us–didn’t preview–groan

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Proof? Or, do you subsribe to the CRR6 “because I said so” school?

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

He needs no proof, he listens to Amy Bin Goodman and ‘Hypocracy Now’.

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

What a Sick Duck! (replace the appropriate letter with “F”)

DeathB4Tyranny on September 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Baxter Greene on September 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM

That’s frightening.

4shoes on September 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

test

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Are you on Allah’s facebook? I am…

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

What a Sick Duck! (replace the appropriate letter with “F”)

DeathB4Tyranny on September 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Or swap vowels

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

There are many on the left who believe the only way we can ever escape the scorn of the Muslim world is through a demonstration of actual violence against Israel.

Brzezinski isn’t the only one.

HondaV65 on September 20, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I think you are right. Unfortunately, that is the grim reality of just who and what “Liberal” is today in the U.S. and among all sorts and sects on the Left, not just one here or there.

I also think the very, very important question is, why even be concerned about “the scorn of the Muslim world”? It’s not as if “the Muslim world” has as it’s goal to live peacefully among humanity UNLESS humanity is Muslim and therein lies the important concern as also question (why be concerned with being scorned by people who seek your destruction).

Lourdes on September 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

massrighty,

Ah ya. There are plenty of examples of people being held for 5-7 years until finally being released because the government has ZERO evidence.

No point going through them. How about that Binyam guy? He was abducted when he 13 and subjected to 7 years of peniis and scrtum torture in one of these CIA torture tours through like 15 countries.

He just got released, but he’s all screwed up in the head now after spending his childhood doing that.

Of course the British Intelligence agencies were involved in that one too, but there are other examples involving only the U.S.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Did he book that on Orbitz?

I would definitely ask for my money back, in that case.

NoDonkey on September 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I think each state should be responsible for its own defense.

The president shouldn’t get a standing army that way he can’t invade anything. Plus if only the governors had the standing armies, then we could fulfill Jefferson’s view that the S.C. should be an advisory panel not not a final ruling, but you can’t have true State nullification powers so long as the president has a standing army to constantly threaten the States.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM

lovingmyUSA on September 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Well, when have you known a plant of any type to have a brain?

Cindy Munford,

Thank you, Cindy. I see all evidence of the troll in question has been excised. But I know, now.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Links? Sources? Proofs?

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Leak of a sketchy report on right wing terrorists. Fishy.gov. Various and sundry acolytes (media & Dem. congressmembers) calling dissenters terrorists, thugs, mobs and my personal favorite that establishes the sheer class of the Obama supporter, tea baggers. Since right wingers don’t normally rally against things they tend to shy away from pejoratives being attached to them, not this time.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Or swap vowels

thomasaur on September 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

LOL! Even better.

DeathB4Tyranny on September 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM

No one wishes for this but it could be a Liberty in reverse.

Hey, i was under the impression that the “official version” of Liberty incident was not intentional, but misindentification.

Exit question: is Carter and Obama most trusted advisor a Liberty Truther?

Aristotle on September 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM

OK, I’m out of the loop for a few days here and I return to find strange things a foot with US foreign policy. And other policies.

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Welcome back; hope you’re feeling better!

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for all the comments in this thread supporting Israel and certain other things that I won’t mention until I understand changes in US foreign policy and certain other policies that I am not aware of because I haven’t been reading Hot Air for days.

Loxodonta on September 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Last Name? Links? Evidence? Objective articles? Anything? Anything at all?

mjk on September 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Cindy Munford,

Well Obama himself has not called right winger’s “terrorists.” Go back to the Bush years, and you’ll see plenty of republicans saying similar stuff about the dems. So again, what is Obama PERSONALLY doing to stop free speech?

Guess what? Bush ABDUCTED A U.S. citizen for nothing more than belonging to a group. Isn’t that worse than calling someone a name?

Also Bush was illegally wiretapping people without a warrant violating the 4th amendment. Isn’t that worse than collecting data?

Do you support the Patriot Act?

I don’t want Obama collecting data either…just saying.

I think you are overstating Obama’s opposition to free speech.

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I said it in the headline thread about this loathesome surrender bonobo (since “monkey” may now be politically incorrect around here unless it is an evolution thread) and can only advise Zbig to eat his matzoh ball soup very carefully from now on.

I’m guessing he’s no relation to Irena Sendler.

profitsbeard on September 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

And that’s what makes us different, the ability to deal respectfully with those who so strongly, rational or not, oppose us.

It is at once a virtue and a weakness.

It’s about trying to maintain character and not joining a dark and lower discourse.

Yet, if you try that and it doesn’t work, and certainly it didn’t in Bush’s case, then you stay that course or you change the paradigm.

What Obama and company are up to is simple defense. You don’t agree with us, STFU. What Bush and company said was you don’t agree with us, that’s okay, we’ll try another day (or ignore you).

To change the paradigm, what is needed is not acquiesence or STFU, but strong, positive reasons why our ideas are the better ones for average people in their daily lives.

Thanks to Obama, and Surrendipity perhaps, we’ve been given the stage for exactly that.

TXUS on September 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I couldn’t figure out Facebook if my life depended on it.

Lanceman on September 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Fix that! Upstater and I both want to talk to you…

ladyingray on September 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I probably watch and read to many of these great plots with special forces and teams going in and taking out dictators and destructive places. With all our high technology you would think they could take out Irans nukes from the inside. Just wondering.:o)

concernedsenior on September 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM

“Binyam, innocent man who endured 7 years of Bush-era peniis and scrtum torture, launches legal effort”

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

You have not completed your previous assignments. You are not to do any more independent work until you complete the mandatory course work outlined above.

Want to argue here? Use reason, logic, and proof.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:50 PM

these attacks may be another “shut up” tactic.

Cindy Munford on September 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM

A-HA, now I understand better, after not witnessing whatevertheheck happened “Friday night” (and all that ensued here on earlier comments — it was not until I read yours, “Cindy Munford” at that link ^^ that I understood the machinations of what occured, there and likely, here).

I had a similar incident last Friday night, on one of my own sites. I deleted the comments but I do see that similar trollage is occuring on many popular Right sites/blogs. It’s the disgusting attempt to mind-game by the Left, to pose as “Conservatives” and maintain they’re of the Right while also then attempting to defame Right sites/blogs, but I’m not telling anyone here anything new, I realize…it’s just that I’m only recently able to recognize that these are not isolated or one-time/one-site incidents.

Lourdes on September 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM

The Guardian is the brit version of the NYT.
Not a reliable source.
Try again.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I hope Ron Paul is healthy enough to make another run because there aren’t any good GOP candidates worth voting for other than him..

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

He was a member of the Carter administration that is all you need to know.

lavell12 on September 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Hasn’t BO apologized to Israel yet? Oh, that is right; they’re our allies.

Mangy Scot on September 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Dang! Left him alive, with his tongue intact. Shoulda’ used the power drill a bit more, don’t you think?

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Spathi on September 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Now, with this one brilliant post, I’m completely sold on Ron Paul.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Now, with this one brilliant post, I’m completely sold on Ron Paul.

massrighty on September 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Consider the source, and then consider whether your response made any sense whatsoever.

unclesmrgol on September 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM